+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Does "The Secret" Really Work?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Default Re: Does "The Secret" Really Work?

Quote Posted by Lone Bean (here)
    Allright! Well, I will continue trying to manifest good things for me and my family (which is also the world!) I am totally against the NWO and want as much as you guys to see it end and a healthy, happy planet put in it's place. If I get what I'm trying to manifest it will be proof positive that it works. I've just never known that anything like this could be done. I'm asking for roll of plastic.....believe it or not! But, it's special plastic and I don't have the $148.00 dollars that it costs, and I really do want it. I picture it in my mind, I know what it's like because I bought a roll of it a few weeks ago but now I need more. I don't think I can give any clearer visualizations to the Universe than my memories of using it.....how it feels, what it looks and smells like, how it was packaged, etc.....Thanks for all the posts both for and against it! I wanted to hear all sides to it and my gut instinct is telling me that it does work, but I have to be very specific and believe that it is in the mail on the way to my house. If this works I will definitely write back about it! I'm excited hoping it will really happen. And I want the big roll, not the little roll o.k. Universe? lol! THANKS!!!!!!
    Can it be bought on eBay? It helps if you put up a link.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

'learn how to read synchronicity, learn to use one's intuition'

Could you explain this part please...

Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Soul Safari For This Post:

Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

Allright! Well, I will continue trying to manifest good things for me and my family (which is also the world!) I am totally against the NWO and want as much as you guys to see it end and a healthy, happy planet put in it's place. If I get what I'm trying to manifest it will be proof positive that it works. I've just never known that anything like this could be done. I'm asking for roll of plastic.....believe it or not! But, it's special plastic and I don't have the $148.00 dollars that it costs, and I really do want it. I picture it in my mind, I know what it's like because I bought a roll of it a few weeks ago but now I need more. I don't think I can give any clearer visualizations to the Universe than my memories of using it.....how it feels, what it looks and smells like, how it was packaged, etc.....Thanks for all the posts both for and against it! I wanted to hear all sides to it and my gut instinct is telling me that it does work, but I have to be very specific and believe that it is in the mail on the way to my house. If this works I will definitely write back about it! I'm excited hoping it will really happen. And I want the big roll, not the little roll o.k. Universe? lol! THANKS!!!!!!
    If you visualize it being in the mail on the way to your house, it is possible that is where it will stay.
    Get into the emotional space of already having it.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Aurvandil (21st September 2012), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Soul Safari (20th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote If you visualize it being in the mail on the way to your house, it is possible that is where it will stay.
    Right! I will visualize it leaning up against the wall on my front porch. Maybe I should visualize it against the garage door instead since it's in a really long box. Yep....there it is against the garage door leaning at an angle just waiting on me to come and get it!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

This is pretty much what I want: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Safety-Windo...9d6170&vxp=mtr

But the picture shows a LOT more than what you actually get.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

I remember about a year and a half ago I thought how I wanted a chihuahua but there was no way I could afford to buy one. Then the neighbor up the street told me her daughter (a veterinarian) had an abandoned 1 year old chihuahua who needed a home and I got her! Then I thought she needed another dog to play with and guess what?!!! Yep! I got another small dog! Not a chihuahua, but a cutie nonetheless! It's sitting in my lap right now

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), Aurvandil (21st September 2012), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote If you visualize it being in the mail on the way to your house, it is possible that is where it will stay.
    Right! I will visualize it leaning up against the wall on my front porch. Maybe I should visualize it against the garage door instead since it's in a really long box. Yep....there it is against the garage door leaning at an angle just waiting on me to come and get it!
    And how does it feel to have what you wanted? How does it feel to touch it? Invest all your senses in the experience. Then let it go for a while. Repeat as needed. It might take some time.

If you have thoughts of what it is like NOT having what you want, gently go back to the feeling of having it.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

4evrneo (20th September 2012), CarnageCandy (4th February 2014), Earth Angel (20th September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

So, I imagine intensely what it feels like to walk out to the garage door and see my box of plastic leaning against it. I imagine my joy in seeing it....I will probably just stare at it in amazement for a few moments then gently touch the box! I pick it up, smell the cardboard, shake it to hear the roll of plastic bouncing inside (while shouting THANK YOU GOD!!! silently inside my head), then I'll carry it inside and lay it on the floor and just stare at it some more. I want to savor the moment! Then I'll slowly open it up. Inside is my beautiful roll of plastic delivered to me compliments of the Universe!!! Wait till I show it to my husband! I told him last night while we were both watching "the secret" that that's what I wanted to ask for. He was less believing than I was so this will be a good thing for him too.
    Last edited by Lone Bean; 20th September 2012 at 18:37.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (20th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

also you may manifest it in the form of somehow coming across $148 dollars that you were not expecting......be open to the many ways it can come to you.....I think in the secret when they talk small they mean a feather or a cup of coffee......but if your belief is strong enough...... its as easy to manifest a castle as a buttom - Abraham Hicks......its all about your belief in how difficult `you think this is ....keep us posted! when I first got the Secret, I watched it all the time......just the sound of the music lifted me up vibrationally (that`s the one word the makers of the Secret chose to edit out!! ha so the Secret is still a Secret!)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Aurvandil (21st September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (20th September 2012)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Mark Twain talks somewhere of how he was short of one roll of a special wallpaper and how the last such roll came to him, using the mental telegraph or something of that nature.

Maybe visualizing a particular day next week for example would help as well. Just decide it's going to happen and leave it, otherwise you are focussing on your fear that it won't!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

4evrneo (21st September 2012), Lone Bean (20th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

21. Link to Post #31
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

I say the secret works but not exactly how they romanticize it . In other words, you can bring in stuff you want to manifest but the source is not always what you expect. Sometimes a bridge of events have to happen for you to get what you want and those events are not always positive. It's a tricky thing to learn to manifest without strings attached. Perhaps that is one of the prime reasons we are here at this time on this planet......to perfect the art of creation.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

Aurvandil (21st September 2012), Lone Bean (21st September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by gloriouspoetry (here)
    I say the secret works but not exactly how they romanticize it . In other words, you can bring in stuff you want to manifest but the source is not always what you expect. Sometimes a bridge of events have to happen for you to get what you want and those events are not always positive. It's a tricky thing to learn to manifest without strings attached. Perhaps that is one of the prime reasons we are here at this time on this planet......to perfect the art of creation.
    Yeah, there definitely is a down side to this.
    To get there from here could be several more lifetimes, or a single step.
    It's called inner work.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

4evrneo (21st September 2012), Lone Bean (21st September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (20th September 2012)

25. Link to Post #33
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

I feel this is apropriate.

Warning, heavily filled with Satire, only watch if you have a sense of humor.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

gooty64 (21st September 2012), Lone Bean (21st September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

OMG!!! That was hilarious! Thanks.......still waiting on my box of plastic though!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

4evrneo (21st September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

OMG!!! That was hilarious! Thanks.......still waiting on my box of plastic though!
    I am just a beginner here, but if you see yourself "still waiting on my box of plastic", how can you see yourself in the place of already having it?

Tricky, tricky I say.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

4evrneo (21st September 2012), Earth Angel (21st September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Gotcha! This is harder than it seems at first. I must act and feel as if I already have the plastic. I will henceforth try to do that - thanks!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

4evrneo (21st September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

33. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

If you really examine your life, scrutinize it and then ask yourself " Is there anything I have ever really wanted, deeply longed for in which I invested thought and energy that hasn't materialized?" More than likely, the answer would be no. You have to want it on a cellular level. If your higher self is in agreement, you achieve your desires. Problem is, most of us don't really want what we think we want. We just want what we have been programmed to believe that we want. Its a blessing that our higher selves stand in the way of our misguided intentions..

ps( There's nothing wrong with wanting money. More than likely though, if you don't have it, its not that high on your list of developmental priorities)

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

gripreaper (22nd September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), ulli (21st September 2012)

35. Link to Post #38
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

I talk about "THE SECRET" and why it will not work, unless you're cleared for allowing first, to whatever you are after.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...onsense-part-2
    Last edited by ROMANWKT; 21st September 2012 at 19:51.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

Antagenet (24th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th February 2014), Rich (7th February 2014)

37. Link to Post #39
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

I think the secret works but not always exactly the way that it is "romanticized" in the movie. I think sometimes you have to experience a bridge of events that help the manifestations to surface through the human imagination. However, sometimes those bridge of events are not always positive. I think this is the universe's way of telling us that we are in this world to "perfect the art of manifestation."

38. The Following User Says Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

Mad Hatter (10th February 2014)

39. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Sirius White's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 times in 336 posts

I will quote myself from this topic: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...action../page3

Quote If you look at all these new age teachings today, all the excercises given (even the so called "magick books" and diaries) they all emanate from ancient spiritual teachings, and are commonly found in the mystery schools.

This includes "clearing the mind," learning to selectively think, learning to be "aware of the body," and being aware of the subconscious/mental routines that we do every day and may be harming us. But unlike LOA, it tells you to be your own harshest critic, to know and understand EVERY single "flaw" that you have and look at its ugly head(s).

The Law of Attraction essentially tells you that you attract what you don't want, and that which you obsess about, this is true. So it tells you to flip it and selectively choose positive thoughts. They use examples of money, a nice bicycle, of a nice house and lots of things- which is a trap in itself because they don't focus on the SPIRITUAL aspect of it...at all, which is the meat and bones of the mystery teachings.

You don't want to just control your thoughts and energies for the sake of some hypnotic state of happiness, or to get a new house. You want to do this so you can finally begin to understand your true self. To EMPOWER ourselves by being able to take control over our words, thoughts, actions, energies and be FULLY conscious of what we are doing in THAT moment.

The LOA stuff also doesn't teach you how to "increase" your influence, and visualization skills in a way that can create what you truly desire in your life. And with this, I don't mean this as an insult- I actually agree with all this stuff not being fully "revealed" to people yet. It can lead to someones ruin and psychological imbalances. Like the "amrita" or the "philosophers stone" it can be poison to people who plunge deep into these kind of things without first understanding themselves.

I'll give you an example of someone I know in real life who LOVES "the secret." She's right about many things, as are all of us in regards to who we attract, why, our goals and how we "attract" them to us. But the concept of "attraction" is an external one, it teaches you that you are simply "attracting bad" in your life BECAUSE of your own thinking patterns. She is a person whose life is now "seemingly" perfect and portrays this to everybody, including her relationship (boyfriend), but behind closed doors is in actuality, incredibly paranoid,needy for attention, drama, and much more. She often would vent all her negativity on some of her closest friends, but when someone can to her with "their negativity" she could not handle it. She's GREAT and controlling her thoughts and seeing "the bright side" but so much so that she doesn't see the realistic severity of things in her life, sometimes things about her, that are asking for her to pay attention.

This is not entirely true, "Attraction" is an external concept that makes you think of you and others as magnets. In actuality, the outer is a manifestation of the inner and events come into your life, "obstacles" (bad or good) because your spirit desires (true NEED) to LEARN something. So when you have this mentality that all this negativity is the bane of existence, and only creating positive thoughts- you NEGLECT a part of what your subconscious is trying to TEACH you in your "manifested" reality.

This leads, to always being happy on the outside, and creating a life that is good for yourself SOMETIMES at the cost of others- who may have genuine problems, or a karmic tie to you that you "blow off" simply because "they are not in your happy frequency." Pretending you don't have a shadow doesn't make it go away. If you want to stand in the light you see your shadow very clearly.

Therefore, the "Secret" is in understanding, in the moment, in the now, and always that EVERYTHING that comes into your life is a manifested (and observed) reality that YOU CREATED based on your inner condition. Yes, sometimes we can go in routine and our subconscious can manifest illnesses, negativity, and all sorts of things that we don't WANT or NEED in our lives. But often times they are there because it is something deep INSIDE you (not outside, attraction) that is begging to be NOTICED. If you constantly say "no" to the negativity without actually confronting it, facing it, and understand the why (and yes, chaos exists too, somethings just happen) can actually cause these inner issues to BUILD up, like a dam until one day the perfect bubble of "happy frequencies" comes bursting and we wonder why somebody as "good" as ourselves is now suffering!

The "good christian" may also have this happen to him, and wonder why God had forsaken him?

Someone mentioned gratitude, this is VERY true. VERY powerful. Thank the planet, your food, everything, but also, THANK yourself, your body, for all things good and BAD and allowing yourself to be a part of this sacred journey. This DOES create abundance in our lives because we become abundant on the inside.

Desire is not about what your ego wants. The Buddhists like to say that it is suffering. Not true. Desire is what you truly need as a spiritual being. If you know this, things will manifest into your life instantly (no joke) because you become a "vessel" (using a kaballistic word here) for the "need" yourself, as a spiritual being wishes to express in the material reality.

By truly understanding yourself, you understand "God" or at least, that spark that is One with all things. From here, "manifestation" and "law of attraction" isn't some formula of physics we have to manipulate (like people think of karma), it just becomes an expression of our "being" in our own personal realities. We become "co-creators" instead of passive observers. To "create" is to be an active observer.
    Take care )

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sirius White For This Post:

Mad Hatter (12th February 2014), Neal (19th October 2012), Nickolai (28th April 2013), Selene (28th April 2013), ulli (21st September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast