Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Avalon Community Market Place

1. Link to Post #21
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Re: Avalon Community Market Place

There are sites like Board Game Geek that operate on the honor system;
    in the trading forum you could have "thank you tokens" that are visible and accumulate after successful trades/transactions.

Moderator of that section would have a hard time spotting a scam, maybe, but you know most of our numbers XD.
    You can find the average price of many things with a few mouse clicks.

I don't know if my opinion is welcome here,
    but my personal reason for supporting the marketplace idea is:
    I've seen it work on other sites (MMowned and Ownedcore),
    and I would like to get into arts and crafts and this is a good place to get started. lmao.

Ebay hasn't been working out for me. They are like a credit card more than a way to make money.
    i end up owing them 200 dollars after the fact and that is why ebay is e*ay.

lol

great idea OP
    i hope it happens (if it's meant to)

2. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Just curious - why did this thread peter out?

3. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,432 times in 32,921 posts

Quote Posted by Bobd (here)

Just curious - why did this thread peter out?
    Hi, Bob: If any thread receives no replies for a couple of days, it slips way down on the NEW POSTS list, and so is much more likely to be ignored or forgotten.

Avalon has 57,400 threads, and most members -- understandably! -- have no idea what or where they are: they're never revisited once they slip below the radar horizon.

Some of those threads are (or were!) really wonderful, and it's a problem. What's really needed is a kind of Avalon Library (which has been discussed many times) -- but it's a gigantic job.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Billy (22nd September 2013), Christine (23rd September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (23rd September 2013), Heart-2-Heart (23rd September 2013), kanishk (23rd September 2013), nomadguy (23rd September 2013), Wind (23rd September 2013)

5. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks Bill

Seems to me then, what we need is for someone(s) to take a review of the Forum, (like I was doing this morning) and look at some of the most AMAZING threads. I was thinking of sayin HEY FOLK ! Take a look over here or over there.. Like these times of SURVIVAL (issues in Colorado for instance), I was looking at living OFF the GRID. I found some great links on BARTER, ALTERNATIVE POWER, FOOD, pure WATER - - -

AVALON is such an amazing resource what can be found is amazing.

Love to see a way for folks to see what has slipped below the CURRENT POSTS. That LIBRARY suggestion sounds wonderful. I bet there are skilled past or current LIBRARIANS out there who know how to do sorting and organizing and may have a suggestion on how to do that with the easiest and/or most efficient without overloading the site's maintainers. I'm not skilled in how to do that.

I just saw some amazing threads that people appear to be missing.

tnx.

6. Link to Post #25
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Thanks Bobd!

We have been discussing this idea behind the scene and in front for awhile now. We need to push a bit to get this project rolling. Right now there is one volunteer... any more? I am volunteering to coordinate. I think we all recognize that great value of having the AVALON LIBRIARY.

I also would like to think we can get the most important stuff into a hard copy format... wouldn't that be awesome.

So look for a thread called THE AVALON LIBRARY PROJECT...

Christine

7. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

This is incredible. Just this morning I was thinking about how best to get rid of my books,
    most of which are in English, and no one around these parts of Costa Rica who would want them.
    And like magic this thread appears.

How about if each person just put the stuff they want to get rid of on a sticky hread, with a photo, and/or description,
    with or without a price tag, and the rest of the deal is then conducted via PM.

Then one can always have one's morning coffee while browsing the Avalon flea market....
    That could be so nifty.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Bob (23rd September 2013), Christine (23rd September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (23rd September 2013), Heart-2-Heart (23rd September 2013), karelia (23rd September 2013), spiritwind (23rd September 2013), Wind (23rd September 2013)

9. Link to Post #27
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

I think it might be fun to have a marketplace here, lol!
    After all, Ebay just banned selling rituals, haha just kidding.

I've wondered before but did not want to ask.
    There might be some really fun things to trade, etc.
    That's a way to get on watchlists though.

Yikes

10. Link to Post #28
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    I think it might be fun to have a marketplace here, lol!
    After all, Ebay just banned selling rituals, haha just kidding.

I've wondered before but did not want to ask.
    There might be some really fun things to trade, etc.
    That's a way to get on watchlists though.

Yikes
    eheh- that was the thread name - MARKETPLACE...

YES, I was just adding to the joy of a MARKETPLACE, add a LIBRARY and have a search in it, lets say thing wanting to be bartered, sold, swapped... The database seems to be the key and a sort that we can use where we don't need to guess a keyword (lets say we just dont know what we want to look for but it needs to be more detailed than the general categories that we drill down through).. I'm not sure how to do that visually, but I have seen some pretty knock your sox off 3D type of globes which you can whirl, and the object you are looking for is achievable by drilling through that 3D globe.. its sorta transparent - you navigate through the surface of the globe getting in deeper into the data (visually) on each click... Fascinating to deal with on massive data bases.. Very visually oriented..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2