+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The mentalists - Can they do the 'undoable' ?

1. Link to Post #41
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Default Re: The mentalists - Can they do the 'undoable' ?

Quote Originally posted by Carmody: " Only the ignorant and the innocent can change where they're going and who they've been.
    What is the price of knowing?: The loss of choice, and the consequence of acts. "
    Carmody , since knowing comes with a price. Does that mean that we should remain ignorant and inoccent? Mmm (thinking aloud) .. a parable and a dillema.. but I think I would rather lose my 'choice' and stay with the 'knowing', and I feel you yourself might as well chose the same.

Ulli, What an interesting story! Yes, poor Uri. Uri Geller has been recruited to the CIA not as an employee (of course) but simply by being something like a laboratory guinea pig where they used his psychic abilities for experiments and for various other uses. He will probably won't see things quite like that.

Taking into consideration that CIA has researched and operated MKULtra since the early 50's, and that he was a good friends with Michael Jackson wich was most of his life under mind control himself , I think he is a good example of a 'mentalist' with real abilities that is under the supervision of the ones who prefer to leave the real knowledge for themselves and to control others.

I know he is good and sensitive person at heart, he is also one of those people who recieve the 11:11 phenomena (I do as well), he has in recent years participated in TV and game shows in Israel, I believe his naivetee and ego are his biggest obstacles.

Like Anastasia so accurately said: " Here's the thing, one of the cautions given at the school in reference to any of this work was to be sure to have as much as possible of the following: good intention, clarity, purity, honour, grace, and do no harm...otherwise the student would find that 'darkness' of intention would be insidiously seductive. It is stated that darknes devoures itself (the energy). It is a limited, erroneous force that cannot sustain itself. "

So I would say that power and psychic abilities DO exist. It is all a matter of what one does with it.
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 1st December 2013 at 06:53.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

araucaria (23rd September 2012), Caren (24th September 2012), Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012), seko (23rd September 2012), spiritguide (23rd September 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

just had a thought: why are there no famous *women* illusionists? (or are there?)

would be refreshing to have a few on the scene, i think.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Brodie75 (23rd September 2012), chocolate (1st December 2013), Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012), seko (23rd September 2012)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    i've enjoyed reading all these contributions, especially some of the personal experiences you've all had with magic.

look, i know some employ actors, but the bigger the star the more difficult this becomes. i've seen David Blaine do seemingly impossible tricks that would have required the cooperation of dozens of people, over and over and over again( street magic stuff, not vegas stage stuff, which obviously requires a bunch of cooperating people). and what kind of magician wants all these people knowing he's a fraud? if Blaine is using actors, there must be hundreds of people out there who know his secrets, and one has to wonder where all the expose's are exposing him as nonsense.

there are people who produce, and there are people who talk. the reason i'm so impressed with people like Blain is that he produces - not only wonderful illusions, but also extraordinary acts of stamina and will power and endurance. there are another group of people who have read a few books and say things like 'oh that's easy, you just build up your chi and then...' or 'that's nothing, he simply focused his energy and...' and what? and why don't you do it then? these are my usual questions. but none of them can come even remotely close to what these guys do.

i s'pose i'm a bit frustrated because i've sought out the paranormal/magical for so long and have so little experience to show for it. i've had psychics (famous ones!) fail me miserably; i've had literally dozens of so-called healers 'send me healing energy', but it hasn't resulted in sh#t. i'm very jaded. i'm a 'show me' kinda guy. so i have a great appreciation for what these talented magicians can do.

i mean, say what you will, but for 10 Avalon bonus points, will someone *please* explain this trick to me: Blaine asks an individual to think of someone. Blaine appears to read their mind, and then, using a lighter, signs this mystery person's name on said individual's abdomen in chalky black...while operating *outside* their clothing and never touching their abdomen. wtf?
    I can't explain the trick. I just intuit how it is all connected ...mind and matter...and therefore anything is possible. Transmutation included.
    James Randi is the epitome of what the biblical word 'world' stands for, operating with distraction, hostility, using people's ego to make them fall, etc....
    While David Blaine is like Christ and has mastered the art of the power of now.

And you Chinaski will never find your answer as long as you ask "show me" ...because it just doesn't work that way.
    All challenges come from an us vs. them type of thinking, you show me, or else I don't trust you...
    While the discovery of these truth requires a total surrender of the division line between where one ends and the other begins.
    The brain's way of operating can only go there once the two hemispheres are perfectly equal and balanced.
    And that is only possible for brief moments, never permanent.
    However, one can develop to increase the frequency of those moments.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (23rd September 2012), Carmody (23rd September 2012), Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012), seko (23rd September 2012)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    Quote Originally posted by Carmody: " Only the ignorant and the innocent can change where they're going and who they've been.
    What is the price of knowing?: The loss of choice, and the consequence of acts. "
    Carmody , since knowing comes with a price. Does that mean that we should remain ignorant and inoccent? Mmm (thinking aloud) .. a parable and a dillema.. but I think I would rather lose my 'choice' and stay with the 'knowing', and I feel you yourself might as well chose the same.

Ulli, What an interesting story! Yes, poor Uri. Uri Geller has been recruited to the CIA not as an employee (of course) but simply by being something like a laboratory guinea pig where they used his psychic abilities for experiments and for various other uses. He will probably won't see things like that.

Taking into consideration that CIA has researched and operated MKULtra since the early 50's, and that he was a good friends with Michael Jackson wich was most of his life under mind control himself , I think he is a good example of a 'mentalist' with real abilities that is under the supervision of the ones who prefer to leave the real knowledge for themselves and to control others.

I know he is good and sensitive person at heart, he is also one of those people who recieve the 11:11 phenomena (I do as well) he has in recent years participated in TV and game shows in Israel.

Like Anastasia so accurately said: " Here's the thing, one of the cautions given at the school in reference to any of this work was to be sure to have as much as possible of the following: good intention, clarity, purity, honour, grace, and do no harm...otherwise the student would find that 'darkness' of intention would be insidiously seductive. It is stated that darknes devoures itself (the energy). It is a limited, erroneous force that cannot sustain itself. "

So I would say that power and psychic abilities DO exist. It is all a matter of what one does with it.
    Actually I started to pay more attention to Uri Geller after I found out from Paola Harris, an Italian journalist who has interviewed a lot of UFO researchers, that he was
    also subject to the 11:11 phenomenon.
    For twenty years I had been alone with this, never meeting anyone else who was seeing those numbers, and then around 2000 discovered that there are quite a number of people who also see them. It's still happening to me, to this day.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Caren (24th September 2012), Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012)

9. Link to Post #45
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

i mean, say what you will, but for 10 Avalon bonus points, will someone *please* explain this trick to me: Blaine asks an individual to think of someone. Blaine appears to read their mind, and then, using a lighter, signs this mystery person's name on said individual's abdomen in chalky black...while operating *outside* their clothing and never touching their abdomen. wtf?
    I hate to be assuming the role of The Amazing Randi the debunker here Chinaski, but might the name have been there the whole time? Conspiratorial, I know.

Cheers Mate,
    Fred

PS. Is there a chart we can access to see how many Avalon Bonus Points we have saved up?

Never mind, I'm probably in debt anyway.(LOL)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Beyond the Magic, Illusion and Trickery

Belief, action, power of mind, visualization...

We are more than what we've been conditioned to believe. Oh, these are exciting times we live in. I'm glad I signed up. Cuz to my way of thinking, I won the lottery. (Though, some days I forget.)

In this new phase of humanity, we, as creator beings, communicate in the other ways of 'seeing' such as: clairsentience, touch/feel; clairaudience, inner hearing/listening; claircongnizance, inner knowing. As the veil lifts, we discover more aspects to ourselves, where it’s seen as an ordinary part of our natural systems. Many already use the tools, and these abilities are ratcheting up for us now.

We are discovering that we are Beings of Light, with far greater abilities. Evolution from material body, to more etheric than material, and then light bodies into a syntheses of the Beings of Light. And solutions present as needed: one bundle of question/answer/materialization/dematerialization. Poof! instant resolution.

As I finish writing this...it’s already outdated. “Jonathan Living Seagull,” by Richard Bach, comes to mind. Fiction it is not.

Jonathan Livingston Seagull - Be
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 5th October 2013 at 13:57.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), spiritguide (23rd September 2012), ulli (23rd September 2012)

12. Link to Post #47
    Retired
    Thanks

just had a thought: why are there no famous *women* illusionists? (or are there?)

We are shy

But seriously. interesting observation. not many in the RV scene as well, maybe intuative woman with psychic abilities grow up to be Marcia Schafer and Miriam Delicado rather than Harry Hudini and David Blaine.
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 23rd September 2012 at 16:25.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Brodie75 (23rd September 2012), chocolate (1st December 2013), Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012), ulli (23rd September 2012)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    i've enjoyed reading all these contributions, especially some of the personal experiences you've all had with magic.

look, i know some employ actors, but the bigger the star the more difficult this becomes. i've seen David Blaine do seemingly impossible tricks that would have required the cooperation of dozens of people, over and over and over again( street magic stuff, not vegas stage stuff, which obviously requires a bunch of cooperating people). and what kind of magician wants all these people knowing he's a fraud? if Blaine is using actors, there must be hundreds of people out there who know his secrets, and one has to wonder where all the expose's are exposing him as nonsense.

there are people who produce, and there are people who talk. the reason i'm so impressed with people like Blain is that he produces - not only wonderful illusions, but also extraordinary acts of stamina and will power and endurance. there are another group of people who have read a few books and say things like 'oh that's easy, you just build up your chi and then...' or 'that's nothing, he simply focused his energy and...' and what? and why don't you do it then? these are my usual questions. but none of them can come even remotely close to what these guys do.

i s'pose i'm a bit frustrated because i've sought out the paranormal/magical for so long and have so little experience to show for it. i've had psychics (famous ones!) fail me miserably; i've had literally dozens of so-called healers 'send me healing energy', but it hasn't resulted in sh#t. i'm very jaded. i'm a 'show me' kinda guy. so i have a great appreciation for what these talented magicians can do.

I can't explain the trick. I just intuit how it is all connected ...mind and matter...and therefore anything is possible. Transmutation included.
    James Randi is the epitome of what the biblical word 'world' stands for, operating with distraction, hostility, using people's ego to make them fall, etc....

And you Chinaski will never find your answer as long as you ask "show me" ...because it just doesn't work that way.
    All challenges come from an us vs. them type of thinking, you show me, or else I don't trust you...
    While the discovery of these truth requires a total surrender of the division line between where one ends and the other begins.
    The brain's way of operating can only go there once the two hemispheres are perfectly equal and balanced.
    Yes, its designed so that you have to explain it to you.

If done the other way....Externalization and thus 'animal body reactionary unthinking existence' is the result.

This only seems 'retarded'... or as 'fluffy cloud crap' IF one exists in a world where these things remain unthought of and unknown.

One cannot see all sides of a chessboard without sitting at the other side of the chessboard. Objective reasoning with both hemispheres of the brain will reveal this. Objective with both hemispheres, means balanced thought, without purely linear thought blocking one hemisphere in favor of the other.

Note that so may people are right handed. This is far too many to achieve balance... and far too linear. The field to encompass is large and complex, and then the answer found within is simple, but takes a long time to resolve. There is no quick fix. Only the monkey mind looks for that..and that particular bit of programming is the base programming, designed to keep the body alive. Far too many people pollute their intellect with that particular form of colorization, without realizing it.

Empathy, and capacity to externalize in a way that is clear of self reflection, that is simultaneously internalized and within self reflection, that is the creative mind, the side/hemisphere of the brain that is outside of time and connected to all. The right hemisphere brings that act, that capacity of balance to hold universe and self in one and all, simultaneously. Left hemisphere is separation into bits, right hemisphere is dissolution into all -nebulousity, to phrase it. Balance can be found by and through enacting both, simultaneously.

One cannot demand and answer -while in a form of being incapable of forming the correct question. Otherwise, they will never see the answer that is proffered-they are asking the wrong questions. This cannot be solved by this one. It can only be solved by others, for themselves, within themselves.

This, within the individual, this area of thinking and becoming... is the cusp of fear that causes an instinctual turning of thoughts to the animal side, to protect the body from the coming change from breaking the bond of ego body (body function and operation) from universe and self. The answer and the question cannot be seen as the connected pair that they are, as the ego body blocks dissolution, as it is the center and filter of thought formation within the body. People block themselves. The answer and the question have always been there.
    Last edited by Carmody; 23rd September 2012 at 16:30.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), gripreaper (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012), seko (23rd September 2012), ulli (23rd September 2012)

16. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Many have no need for showy displays.
    Lots of power in the art of invisibility.
    But that's your point, huh?
    Hee, hee...

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), ulli (23rd September 2012)

18. Link to Post #50
    Retired
    Thanks

Quote Originally posted by Carmody: " One cannot demand and answer -while in a form of being incapable of forming the correct question. "
    An everyday loop easy to observe in others ,as well as in myself.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

This, within the individual, this area of thinking and becoming... is the cusp of fear that causes an instinctual turning of thoughts to the animal side, to protect the body from the coming change from breaking the bond of ego body (body function and operation) from universe and self. The answer and the question cannot be seen as the connected pair that they are, as the ego body blocks dissolution, as it is the center and filter of thought formation within the body. People block themselves. The answer and the question have always been there.
    Also called SCREEN or VEIL...or MASK....
    As in sun screen, sun block.
    True on Avalon as everywhere else, if not more so.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012)

22. Link to Post #52
    Retired
    Thanks

Ulli, What an interesting story! Yes, poor Uri. Uri Geller has been recruited to the CIA not as an employee (of course) but simply by being something like a laboratory guinea pig where they used his psychic abilities for experiments and for various other uses. He will probably won't see things like that.

I know he is good and sensitive person at heart, he is also one of those people who recieve the 11:11 phenomena (I do as well) he has in recent years participated in TV and game shows in Israel.

Actually I started to pay more attention to Uri Geller after I found out from Paola Harris, an Italian journalist who has interviewed a lot of UFO researchers, that he was
    also subject to the 11:11 phenomenon.
    For twenty years I had been alone with this, never meeting anyone else who was seeing those numbers, and then around 2000 discovered that there are quite a number of people who also see them. It's still happening to me, to this day.
    My heart goes to you, Ulli, this is quite a lot of time to keep things inside and not be able to share with anyone else. David Wilcok is another one who was getting the 11:11 prompting, I briefely spoke with him about it in the Zurich conference, he said he might mention it in his lecture, but unfortunetly he didn't get to it. I know that you know - It is not really about the numbers, it is about the energy, the frequency and everything else that accompanies it.
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 23rd September 2012 at 16:46.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Caren (24th September 2012), Eram (23rd September 2012), gripreaper (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012), ulli (23rd September 2012)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)

I hate to be assuming the role of The Amazing Randi the debunker here Chinaski, but might the name have been there the whole time? Conspiratorial, I know.

Cheers Mate,
    Fred

PS. Is there a chart we can access to see how many Avalon Bonus Points we have saved up?

The Amazing Fred!

ha! of course, my friend. however, i've seen the emotional reactions of some of these people and they appear genuine. there is such a profound sense of shock that, in my mind anyway, cannot be faked. i dunno, maybe i'm being naive. God knows i have been in the past. also, that's only half the trick. the more impressive act is the mind reading or the thought planting (depending on which school of thought you subscribe to).

Ulli, regarding my 'show me' mentality...i don't necessarily need to know *how* something works (would be nice though!), nor did i expect miracles in the days when i consulted psychics, hypnotists, healers etc...and i didn't make any demands. but, seeing as though i was usually handing over in excess of 300 *3D* united states dollars, i think it was well within reason to expect a tangible 3D result if i was paying in 'thought' bucks i'd happily accept any effort as reciprocal exchange, be it an explanation on brain hemisphere dynamics or torsion psychics. like you, i intuitively believe such things *are* possible, but it's frustrating for a man like myself - who has had dubious experiences in these realms - to see some of these tricks continually couched in such trite and worn out concepts like 'focusing the mind' or 'tapping universal energy'. now, of course i just looked down and noticed my good friend Paula is writing about 'belief, action, visualization' and so on...and she might be right! but i think there's something we're missing here. the proverbial elephant in the room!

speaking of 'thought bucks'...i'll send 5000 of 'em to anyone who can translate Carmody's last post for me .(#48)

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), Fred Steeves (23rd September 2012), gripreaper (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)

Cheers Mate,
    Fred

The Amazing Fred!

ha! of course, my friend. however, i've seen the emotional reactions of some of these people and they appear genuine. there is such a profound sense of shock that, in my mind anyway, cannot be faked. i dunno, maybe i'm being naive. God knows i have been in the past. also, that's only half the trick. the more impressive act is the mind reading or the thought planting (depending on which school of thought you subscribe to).

Ulli, regarding my 'show me' mentality...i don't necessarily need to know *how* something works (would be nice though!), nor did i expect miracles in the days when i consulted psychics, hypnotists, healers etc...and i didn't make any demands. but, seeing as though i was usually handing over in excess of 300 *3D* united states dollars, i think it was well within reason to expect a tangible 3D result if i was paying in 'thought' bucks i'd happily accept any effort as reciprocal exchange, be it an explanation on brain hemisphere dynamics or torsion psychics. like you, i intuitively believe such things *are* possible, but it's frustrating for a man like myself - who has had dubious experiences in these realms - to see some of these tricks continually couched in such trite and worn out concepts like 'focusing the mind' or 'tapping universal energy'. now, of course i just looked down and noticed my good friend Paula is writing about 'belief, action, visualization' and so on...and she might be right! but i think there's something we're missing here. the proverbial elephant in the room!

speaking of 'thought bucks'...i'll send 5000 of 'em to anyone who can translate Carmody's last post for me .(#48)
    I can't believe you didn't understand Carmody's post, an intelligent man like you.
    But on the other hand, I can well believe it.
    And even though I would love to earn me a quick $ 5000 the only way for you to get it is to do as Carmody said:
    You must explain it to YOU.
    No one else can.
    Those who have visited that country learnt the language in an instant.
    Just a bit of eye (I)-contact and they can read each others minds.
    Sorry, mate, can't help you there.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012)

28. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)

Many have no need for showy displays.
    Lots of power in the art of invisibility.
    But that's your point, huh?
    Hee, hee...

i had quite the crush on Wonder Woman as a boy.

but you already knew that didn't you, you mentalist you!

for the record folks, i absolutely *do* believe Paula to have psychic abilities and cosmic talents. for example, she used to have a different picture of herself up as an avatar, and now look! it's different! how the hell did she do it!?! go on Paula, show them the one where you make words appear on the screen as coherent sentences. don't be shy!

all joking aside, she is quite the talent and as far as i'm concerned the first famous Avalon magician.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Caren (24th September 2012), Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012), ulli (23rd September 2012)

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Ok, I have to share this for the sake of those who get it...

I just went from Iron Ski to China Ski...
    in a blink of an eye....
    and in that instant those words came alive for me...

the way in that movie "A Brilliant Mind" the Russell Crowe character "saw" stuff and numbers jumped out at him on that black-board, making perfect sense to him and revealing a much larger picture. So, yeah, call me crazy. I can deal with it.
    Pity I can't share it here...maybe four lifetimes down the road I'll meet someone who would understand it.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012)

32. Link to Post #57
    Retired
    Thanks

Quote Originally posted by Chinasky: "speaking of 'thought bucks'...i'll send 5000 of 'em to anyone who can translate Carmody's last post for me .(#48)"
    HI Chinasky, I recently left my job and intened to make a career retraining to become a language translator.

Is it a one time translation that you request, or something on a more regular basis?

It is also important for me to inform you that translation from rare languages ​​rates much higher!!

(I do hope Carmody has a forgiving heart so he will not impose any spell on us here and now)
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 23rd September 2012 at 18:51.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

chocolate (1st December 2013), Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012)

34. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

Yes, its designed so that you have to explain it to you.

If done the other way....Externalization and thus 'animal body reactionary unthinking existence' is the result.

This only seems 'retarded'... or as 'fluffy cloud crap' IF one exists in a world where these things remain unthought of and unknown.

One cannot see all sides of a chessboard without sitting at the other side of the chessboard. Objective reasoning with both hemispheres of the brain will reveal this. Objective with both hemispheres, means balanced thought, without purely linear thought blocking one hemisphere in favor of the other.

Note that so may people are right handed. This is far too many to achieve balance... and far too linear. The field to encompass is large and complex, and then the answer found within is simple, but takes a long time to resolve. There is no quick fix. Only the monkey mind looks for that..and that particular bit of programming is the base programming, designed to keep the body alive. Far too many people pollute their intellect with that particular form of colorization, without realizing it.

Empathy, and capacity to externalize in a way that is clear of self reflection, that is simultaneously internalized and within self reflection, that is the creative mind, the side/hemisphere of the brain that is outside of time and connected to all. The right hemisphere brings that act, that capacity of balance to hold universe and self in one and all, simultaneously. Left hemisphere is separation into bits, right hemisphere is dissolution into all -nebulousity, to phrase it. Balance can be found by and through enacting both, simultaneously.

One cannot demand and answer -while in a form of being incapable of forming the correct question. Otherwise, they will never see the answer that is proffered-they are asking the wrong questions. This cannot be solved by this one. It can only be solved by others, for themselves, within themselves.

Come back at once, Carmody, there's a price on your head.
    Chinaski offered 5000 bucks to anyone who translated this post for them.
    And the rest of us are getting worried-- after all, we all have a deal to keep these things as obscure as possible.

I mean, what would happen if all that is considered occult suddenly was to be revealed?

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Mike (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012)

36. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Ok, I have to share this for the sake of those who get it...

I just went from Iron Ski to China Ski...
    in a blink of an eye....
    and in that instant those words came alive for me...

i'll often reach what i feel are deep understandings, only to have them vanish the second i try to intellectualize them. but it hasn't stopped me from trying, because if i can't enjoy my discoveries, then what's the point?!? (wait, i'm having a vision...someone is about to discourage me from filtering through ego)

i do think i grasp what Carmody is saying, even though it appears to have been spat out of a machine hey, the man is clearly on another level.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 23rd September 2012 at 19:42. Reason: fix quoting

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012), ulli (23rd September 2012)

38. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Quote Originally posted by Chinasky: "speaking of 'thought bucks'...i'll send 5000 of 'em to anyone who can translate Carmody's last post for me .(#48)"
    HI Chinasky, I recently left my job and intened to make a career retraining to become a language translator.

Is it a one time translation that you request, or something on a more regular basis?

It is also important for me to inform you that translation from rare languages ​​rates much higher!!

(I do hope Carmody has a forgiving heart so he will not impose any spell on us here and now)

Limor, i'm always impressesd with our bi or multilingual members here. English is my native language, and even i find it difficult sometimes.

your English is wonderful and you'd make a fantastic translator, no doubt.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Caren (24th September 2012), Eram (23rd September 2012), Jenci (23rd September 2012), Limor Wolf (23rd September 2012), RunningDeer (23rd September 2012), ulli (23rd September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast