+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 3 13 17 LastLast

Thread: What we may be here to do

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Default Re: What we may be here to do

What I posted on the George Green thread is also highly relevant here :

Quote I've been feeling a sense of needing to break free of various shackles, feeling that familiar urge for change rise up inside of me. There are lots of things which have contributed to this, not least being a new (ish) relationship, which is developing beautifully.

I've been wondering how I can become more creative in my life, more expressive of the essence which is me; how I can put all that I've learned and all that I am into practice; how to help us get from where we are now to the place of abundance and joy that eludes so many of our fellow Earthlings; how to manifest heaven on Earth, but this time round actually maintain it.

During my QiGong practice this morning, I felt what can only be described as energetic bind-weed falling away from me, so I'm ready for whatever comes, without fear.
    To go along with the sailing analogy - I ofetn go through phases of feeling adrift, like a rudderless ship. I'm now beginning to feel like the rudder's been repaired and the wind is picking up to fill my sails !!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Agape (25th September 2012), Beren (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), Caren (26th September 2012), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (25th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member danimyl's Avatar
    Thanks

1 Sort Of.
    2 Not even close

When you see people living up to their capacity it makes you appreciate just how much a single person is capable of. But this takes a foundation of being able to function in the world. The ones achieving the most are capable of maintaining great balance at the mundane needs of life. Without that platform you can forget about your mission, purpose, etc. Think of it like 4 Pillars that hold up this foundation. Health, Relationships, Work, Spiritual Advancement. If any of them are out of balance then what greater accomplishments can you really balance on that table? This mundane facility is really the ground that our greater work springs from. We can't escape it. A life of high spirituality is just a fool's dream if it's not grounded in this reality and focused on really serving people and the world.

Quote Boiling it down. Is the world even meant to be changed, or to be individually transcended?
    Ultimately, yes the world is a learning environment where we can experience the choice to end separation from God or not. But in the immediate term it really would be a shame to lose this gem of a planet to one or both of the catastrophic thresholds of change we find ourselves at: the Great Waves of change, and the emergence of the world into the greater panorama of intelligent life.

Quote I've heard that our economy is about to collapse for the last 3+ years and yet it doesn't. I'm sorry if I sound anxious for it to happen, but I feel it will be one of the most important ending points of the current paradigm we've been enslaved too for the last 5000 years. Once it crashes, from the ashes can a new and free system emerge.
    I've fallen into this same mindset so many times. But our first glimpses at the true impact of economic collapse, social unrest, agricultural failure, and resource wars are going to be a stark reminder that the systems were actually functioning far more than we appreciated.

Quote I've been feeling like my storms have passed....perhaps a few blustery days ahead but nothing I can't handle.
    May it be so! Still gonna be hard work.

Quote I am putting my faith in the same world that (at many times) I have loathed. Love for the world around me, starts with with the love I have within myself.
    Ahhh. I'm with you there! What a change to recognize the true need for service to humanity.

Quote I'm sure that we will make through it, in a way or another. We are part of the Creation, so there is really nothing to be afraid of. It's just a ride.
    At the end of creation, this will be true enough. In the moment, the ride is going to feel real enough. No the world can't hurt our deeper selves. But there's so many people out there that don't have this understanding and are going to need help.

Quote Could it be that some of us are suppose to just "be"? I have wasted a lot of energy and anxiety on this very topic.
    Not likely. Why would you go to all the trouble of coming into this difficult existence? Just to be a passive observer? There are things you know you need to do today. Or yesterday. Do them and tomorrow you'll know something else. God isn't going to hand you a purpose you have no chance of fulfilling. This would be crushing to the mind.

Quote Here is a relevant quote from the book The Great Waves of Change:
    "Your future largely depends upon you and the strength that you were born with, the strength that must now come to the fore in the Knowledge that God has placed within you, which alone knows the way forward. For the great times are upon you. This is your time. This is your calling. This is where your real strength will be found."
    Now you're talking my language. Nasi Novare Coram. "May the presence of the Teachers be with us."

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danimyl For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), wobbegong (26th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

I am here to learn and experience life , and grow to another step in evolution , transition back to spirit for 152 years then re-incarnate live again and eventually get to the place where I never again need a physical body to exist, only living as a spirit/creation to move on to create other universes and join group collectives building worlds in other dimensions. Everything else in my reality is just noise.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), Beren (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), Jules (25th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012)

7. Link to Post #44
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

I am here to show others earth healing techniques that work but are also profitable. This is part of what I am here to do. I have also been setting up my farm to be a gathering place should disaster struck. It is the designated sector point for civil defence. Actually I believe Kurow is the only town in New Zealand to have a comprehensive rescue plan in place! We have three large dams up river from Kurow so a plan is very necessary. We have plenty of "can do" people in the area which is a plus. I've been collecting woollen blankets for years without really knowing 'why'!!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Beren (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), Caren (26th September 2012), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012), witchy1 (25th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #45
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

There is no one solution that fits all and the most important thing in your life at this moment, is to accept the fact that you are now in the exact place that you have worked so hard to be in.
    Everything is going according to your current plan and whatever that plan is, only you will know deep inside you. You have thought about your life and you have mulled it around in your head possibly many times and the plan that you have chosen is the exact one you are now been successful at. There is no failure,...even in our greatest moments of pain and distress, when we have worked so hard to achieve that which we are now experiencing.
    If you want to change your plan you must create for yourself a new plan and as we know plans are based on goals, goals which we may have forgotten a long time ago on earth or more likely before your current life. The important thing to be able to assess is whether you are still on that original plan, or are you just on a temporary diversion, and that some time in the not too distant future, you will resume your original plan for your chosen goal?...or have you actually lost your way, and are you just making little plans to get you from one day to another?
    If you have no goal you have no place to aim your efforts at and life has no meaning.
    Love to all
    Ray

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), Beren (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012), RunningDeer (26th September 2012), Sidney (26th September 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012)

11. Link to Post #46
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

We all have certain attributes and capacities, more or less. Each tiny moment of love radiates outwards like a virus, unfortunately so does the dark virus of selfishness.
    At every moment 'Light' is shining on us to activate our attributes and capacities, more or less, for the benefit of all. Unfortunately, the dark selfishness gets in the way and diverts the "LIGHT".

What is important is just playing our part, more or less. The good virus has a chain reaction, we are all links. Unfortunately we can join a bad virus, and get a chain reaction.

The 'LIGHT" shining on us, be it large or small has the intention of uniting us for the good of all. Do not think you are insignificant, you are part of this whole process.
    If the "LIGHT" is shining...trust it! I have actually seen how a small questions...an outburst...an inner conflict shared, activate love in others.

Be a little more spontaneous and let go, there may be more at stake than you think! Don't let darkness interfere with your LIGHT.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), Art (26th September 2012), Beren (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Chip (27th September 2012), Equipoise (26th September 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), Gardener (27th September 2012), Mark (25th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012), Swanette (9th October 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012), Wind (25th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paranormal (here)
    I hope nothing will happen. I hope for the best. But I prepare for the worst!
    I agree, but what, specifically is "preparing"? Is it storing food, water, medicine, weapons, etc....for when the golden horde comes looking for food and other stuff, and when gangs of looters come trolling your neighborhoods? If the economy collapses and it seems destined too sooner or later, then we will see the true character of many of our neighbors and people in general fully blossom. I'm all for spiritual preparations too....trying to get closer to whatever is your Higher Power, connecting with others who are more spiritually attuned, etc...but when the rubber meets the road and all "heyall" breaks loose if you haven't stored at least a month or so of extra food and water can you live off of your spirituality? My motto (from AA) is, "Do the footwork and leave the results to God". I have to at least do some things (the footwork) towards keeping ourselves not only alive but as comfortable as possible if and when the big catastrophe occurs. Are any of you making preparations in case of an economic collapse?

Btw, I love Gerald Celente. He says it like he sees it!
    Last edited by Lone Bean; 25th September 2012 at 13:27.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), gripreaper (26th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012)

15. Link to Post #48
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)
    Bill, For those of us (and I really hope I am not the only one here) who don't know why we are here, what do you recommend? Because, I am feeling very lost lately. I know that I am here for a specific purpose. I get that. I just don't know what it is.and I feel time is slipping through my fingers, and I am not fulfilling my duty. Could it be that some of us are suppose to just "be"? I have wasted a lot of energy and anxiety on this very topic.

I know exactly how you feel...
    Last edited by confused; 25th September 2012 at 17:33.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to confused For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

this reminds me that i still have to watch the bourne films :D

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G.Deluca For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Bill, For those of us (and I really hope I am not the only one here) who don't know why we are here, what do you recommend? Because, I am feeling very lost lately. I know that I am here for a specific purpose. I get that. I just don't know what it is.and I feel time is slipping through my fingers, and I am not fulfilling my duty. Could it be that some of us are suppose to just "be"? I have wasted a lot of energy and anxiety on this very topic.
    Just some thoughts: Is it possible that just some have specific goals such as healer, writer, etc., which will effect the many, while the rest have the goal of simply touching those around us. Something that sounds simple and unimportant - such as smiling meaningfully at as many as you can each day or setting an example of non-judgment, shifting the energy in an argument between relatives. I think you get my point.

It's always been a dream, hope, prayer of mine that if every day each one of us could be a little better than we were the day before - it doesn't have to be earth shattering, something as simple as resisting the temptation of gossip or reaching out a hand to someone even if you 'think' that don't deserve it, buying a cup of coffee for a homeless person, etc. If we each did this every day, with a good heart, imagine the effect it could have.

I have always seen consciousness as a stream that we all pull from and we all put into. Are you polluting the stream with negative thoughts or are you purifying the stream with positive ones. Perhaps it's the job of all of us together to help with the purification of this great river - and no more than that.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

20. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), Caren (26th September 2012), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Chilli (25th September 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), Gardener (27th September 2012), gripreaper (26th September 2012), Kristo (27th September 2012), Malerogro (30th January 2013), Marie (26th September 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012), RunningDeer (26th September 2012), Sidney (26th September 2012), ulli (25th September 2012), Wind (25th September 2012)

21. Link to Post #51
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

God's Romantic Play is about creation and all of the various parts we play in our divine revelation, prophets speak of an inner wisdom that frees while disciples breed their continual deeds and healers meet where spirit leads.........I feel and believe my part is of the healer.......I am still working on attracting all of the right elements to dive into my work in this world but when all is in place I am certain my work will be marvelous........in the meantime nurturing the space and vision for this to arrive in my life is a must.

GLORIA

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012), Sidney (26th September 2012), ulli (25th September 2012)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member 4evrneo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 492 posts

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    I have actually seen how a small questions...an outburst...an inner conflict shared, activate love in others.

Be a little more spontaneous and let go, there may be more at stake than you think! Don't let darkness interfere with your LIGHT.
    I am certainly a witness to seeing the love activated in others and has affected me profoundly. Some days I am in awe of the light that shines from the beautiful souls here.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), Caren (26th September 2012), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Equipoise (26th September 2012), Eram (25th September 2012), Lone Bean (25th September 2012), Ontarioguy (25th September 2012), Sidney (26th September 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012), ulli (25th September 2012)

25. Link to Post #53
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 504 posts

Hard questions to answer. Id like to think yes, but will learn more during my life review. Till then Ill keep putting my foot in front of the other.
    There will come a day when we know our true history.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BrianEn For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Gardener (27th September 2012), Malerogro (30th January 2013), Sidney (26th September 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote Posted by confused (here)

I know exactly how you feel...

Ditto three....this is why I consider RE membering self BEFORE anyone/thing told,read,on tv,in a book,seminar,grandma,auntie,teacher,priest,minister,internet,THE book tells me Who what where and how I AM

Ya know Tried and True RECALL of ones Own Knowing.... without such an event we are stumbling in the dark
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member Conchis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 times in 274 posts

Quote Posted by sleepy (here)
    Starchild,

You are not alone. I know I am here to love, I get that, but I don't know what else I should be doing. Maybe we are on a need to know basis and when we need to know, we will. Good luck on your journey.

sleepy
    This post reminds me of the last line of Finnegan's Wake..the great circular book that in some ways lays out everything. "a lone a last a loved a long the"

I think I'm doing exactly what I was meant to be doing. I think the original post here is right on the money. It's all part of the adventure, even if it is an incredible trial it wouldn't be much fun if it were all easy.

"riverun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay..."

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Conchis For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Sidney (26th September 2012)

31. Link to Post #56
    Mexico Avalon Member
    Thanks

Amigos,

I definitely agree to Bill's statements we are here to help. Spreading information to other people about our true nature and the time we've chosen to incarnate has a very important meaning thru this times. Now is that time to boost our efforts and really help others focus on whats coming and how to prepare for those events. Now is the time to be proactive and focused on all the experience and knowledge gained. Its never too late.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoseB For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Sidney (26th September 2012)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Awesome post Bill!

I'm gonna go out on a branch and say there are some here (including me) who would add one question to the list:
    • Am I loving what I am doing?

My 2 cents
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Sidney (26th September 2012)

35. Link to Post #58
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by danimyl (here)
    Quote Could it be that some of us are suppose to just "be"? I have wasted a lot of energy and anxiety on this very topic.
    Not likely. Why would you go to all the trouble of coming into this difficult existence? Just to be a passive observer? There are things you know you need to do today. Or yesterday. Do them and tomorrow you'll know something else. God isn't going to hand you a purpose you have no chance of fulfilling. This would be crushing to the mind.
    Well said, I resonate with this passage from the book Steps to Knowledge:
    "...It is not a mere chance circumstance that you arrived in this world.
    Your life is necessary. If you could but recall what you went
    through to come into this world and the preparation that was
    required—both within this world and beyond—for you to emerge
    here, then you would realize the importance of your being here and
    the importance of the Knowledge that you carry within you.Your life
    is necessary.There is no form of conceit here. ..."
    Nasi Novare Coram, my friend, may the Unseen Forces for the Good assist us.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wobbegong For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), danimyl (1st October 2012)

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

George Costanza ponders his options:

"Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), danimyl (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (26th September 2012)

39. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member Chip's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 times in 466 posts

Well said
    Funny, I was thinking about this same thing today before reading this. My thoughts were "what will be my role" "how can I help" and "what do I do".
    Then I remembered the Psalm (23). Although I don't consider myself religious I do appreciate the "essence" of all the teachings. And the thought of "ye tho I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil", gave me something to ponder and appreciate with regards to my earlier quiery.
    I like to think of the changes that are going to be taking place as a "violent awakening". There will still be those who need to be "herded" albeit by TPTB but rather the likes of you and me. Ah, finally the coin is flipped and we are in favor. Many will be confused and need help by those that know that this change is absolutly necessary.
    Just my thoughts
    "all is truly Well"

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Post:

Berniceadrake (13th July 2013), CdnSirian (26th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), DeDukshyn (26th September 2012), deridan (6th October 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 3 13 17 LastLast