Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 5 15 17 LastLast

Thread: What we may be here to do

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Default Re: What we may be here to do

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)
    Politically, I would be curious to hear from knowledged folk on the stability in south america, in comparison to the US. My guess is there is much less tyranny there which provides much more security. The words dangerous, and safe can mean many things on many levels. IMO, we americans are imprisoned, financially, politically,spiritually, and are largely dis-informed on as many levels. A(s)nd I agree, if a natural disaster stemming from a solar event is most likely unpredictable as far as what part(s) of the planet would be affected.
    Here is the website of the Tico Times, a Costa Rican weekly, in English.
    You may not get the big picture here,
    but some idea of what this central American nation is dealing with.

http://www.ticotimes.net/
    I love the proposed ban on sports hunting. I hope it passes, and sets a standard for the planets future. This is something that I grieve over every day.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

4evrneo (27th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), Lone Bean (3rd October 2012), ulli (27th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,723 times in 2,088 posts

I am a herder and a leader, I know not yet what is above the horizon for my skills but yet I continue on the journey enjoying the beauty of what was created here for us and thanking the universe for it. I can be a warrior or a man who can stop to lean down and smell the most beautiful flower that is coming out of the ground during my path in life. Admire the flower, cherish the beauty, and absorb the brillance in colors.

Creating an atmosphere and making an impact on so many in this lifetime has been a pleasure , being a part of the avalon family since it's inception has been very inspiring and proud, knowing where we are heading is a another challange and hill to conquer with the common goal of bringing more togetherness and love at the end of the day.

Walking and living that path of thought has taught me to be so much more patient than ever, and to control the ego that use to control me. I am doing what I came here for and doing enough is a gesture that comes with an infinate lifespan attached to it. "Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry enough-and you'll be crying alone eventually". Glad to be here on the Avalon mothership for front row seats with some of the bestest around the world,
    Last edited by pyrangello; 27th September 2012 at 19:19.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Beren (27th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), golden lady (28th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #83
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Last edited by Eagle Eye; 24th October 2022 at 23:47.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), skamandar (28th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #84
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Quote Posted by christinedream7 (here)
    Quote You can be given misinformation, but if you are misinformed by it - that's on you and no one else.

Its on the intentional misinformant and noone else

There may be more to this sentence then youve stated...but nonetheless it struck a cord with me

To me WE are handicapped on MANY levels...there is only so much responsibility--if any at all-- put on a drowning being whos thrown a broken life raft
    I am not suggesting that there are no consequences for the misinformant.

We are under the illusion we are handicapped on many levels and a lot of that is due to the societal programming you have experienced from your first breath.

What I am trying to express is that it does not have to be that way.

You don't have to be a victim.

In my view this is part and parcel of waking up...
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

CD7 (28th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), Gardener (27th September 2012), Malerogro (4th February 2013), RunningDeer (28th September 2012), seko (1st October 2012)

9. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    [Here is the website of the Tico Times, a Costa Rican weekly, in English.
    You may not get the big picture here,
    but some idea of what this central American nation is dealing with.

http://www.ticotimes.net/
    Interesting that they have a section dedicated to sustainable living... fat chance you will find that in a leading US paper.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), write4change (2nd October 2012)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote We are under the illusion we are handicapped on many levels

Better said---under illusion, instead of we are....
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), seko (1st October 2012)

13. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Reading the posts above, this is the question that comes to me:

What do I believe about my interaction with and my ability to create the future. Do I believe our futures are a blank slate and we literally create them. Or do I believe that the Universe has a plan and I'm simply a pawn in the plan - or is it a combination of both. But if a combination, what percentage - or better said, how much influence do I actually have - and is this influence only on my own life - or can I actually affect the planet?

I have to admit I have pondered over this for some time - and as I observe my own life and others around me, I have come to see how much power we do have. I have also seen, how the ego sabotages many from seeing what they're doing to create the situations they're in. I actually believe we create at least 90% of what we are experiencing. I've also felt there is something else involved - is it fate, karma?? but IMO it is a relatively small percentage of what's happening to us personally.

But what about our affect on the fate of the planet. Does Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle apply? Does our observing, discussing, contemplating about the future of our planet effect it? Can we literally pray or envision the world we want - and if enough of us do it, could we make a difference. And perhaps all the many groups that are already doing this -are what's keeping things somewhat controlled. Then ask yourself - would there be some measure of disappointment if nothing big happens? So perhaps deep down, this need we have for excitement is creating some of this?

These are just ponderings. I'd love to hear yours.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Anchor (28th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), GaelVictor (29th September 2012), golden lady (28th September 2012), Malerogro (30th January 2013), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012), RunningDeer (28th September 2012), seko (1st October 2012), truth4me (3rd October 2012)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

The question here is " what we may be here to do" I would like to turn that question around " what are we are here not to do"

tptb are trying to keep us in fear mode, basic survival mode through not just one but many many means. It's coming at us thick and fast.

So I'm not here to play their game. I'm not here to do their bidding.

I will do my very best at not being part of them turning our world into a dark and ugly place, under their control. Their vision of a new world order is not my vision.

To answer Bills questions
    *I don't know my specific purpose of being here but I do know I answered " the call" I feel as though I'm waiting in the wings so to speak
    * Over the years I've tried to be the best a person can be. I've started with the "
    man in the mirror" ( this is always a work in progress)!!

We do have to take personal countability we have to do this now. As David Icke says, we have to get off our knees. This of course takes action. ( I of course mean action with love, compassion and peace in our hearts) We are at the fork in the road. Have i got the courage? Have you? Humanity may depend on it.

Remember we are the ones we've been waiting for
    Love ,peace and courage
    Carole
    countability

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to golden lady For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (28th September 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), GaelVictor (29th September 2012), Malerogro (30th January 2013), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012), RunningDeer (28th September 2012), seko (1st October 2012), Wind (29th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member Latti's Avatar
    Thanks

Bill, I have a similar premonition. According to many predictions, my location isn't ideal, but it feels right to me. My since is that our problems are from multiple causes although they ,may have a single origin. Since I was born in Appalachia without electricity or indoor pluming I know how to survive without modern infrastructure. I have many skills of hunter/gathers and can help train a new generation in how to survive with few resources.

Also with professional skills in chemistry, metallurgy and construction, my experience and knowledge might be vital to a small group of survivors. The climate changes and lack of adequate sunlight will mean that many crops won't grow for an extended period, but some cold hardy greens will and goats and chickens can survive on dried soybeans and maze for an extended period.

My 2-way radios are just for local contact and won't allow continued contact with Project Avalon members, but If I survive, I'll help others in my immediate area to form the core of a new beginning. My hope and prayer is that the next generation will benefit from the mistakes of our current and past generations to be wiser.

Latti

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Latti For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012), seko (1st October 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012), write4change (2nd October 2012)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote I have to admit I have pondered over this for some time - and as I observe my own life and others around me, I have come to see how much power we do have. I have also seen, how the ego sabotages many from seeing what they're doing to create the situations they're in. I actually believe we create at least 90% of what we are experiencing. I've also felt there is something else involved - is it fate, karma?? but IMO it is a relatively small percentage of what's happening to us personally.

These things were pondering have many layers...so we'll be discussing bits and pieces

My view of people and how they sabotage each other comes from experiences growing up in life and in large part from my experiences in the social sciences....from the "level" i viewed Our Creation has a great deal of dependency upon which and how many TOOLS we were taught/given examples of growing up. THIS is largely framed upon which family/people one is born into. Again from the level ive seen as a social worker, there are extremely limited resources for help in giving individuals tools to REALLY aid them in their experiences..and this help arrived after youths have already been arrested many times.
    The families have gone back generations in most cases of violence and dysfunction, it is highly unrealistic to think they will "appear" tools in their work belt overnight when needed... SO given this is the situation "down here" whats going on above the rung of the ladder??
    NO REAL EDUCATION is imparted throughout the community (algebra WTF?)..NO REAL TOOLS are handed out and shown how to use

So when im pondering these things...this is some of the angle im coming from
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), seko (1st October 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

for those that are interested Clif High has a new SOTTC report our today Sept 30th at Halfpasthuman.com
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Mandala (here)
    Bill, what do you foresee in the next 6 to 9 months?
    • A bumpy ride (at least!) economically/financially, and globally. That seems unavoidable. What we don't know is whether or not it will be a bumpy ride for some, or a crash landing for us all wherever we are.
    • The strong possibility (and continuing, credible leaks from insiders indicate that this is likely) -- of some kind of orchestrated, societal melt-down in the US. This might include the escalation of racial and cultural issues, which justify the military to step in.
    • I do suspect there will be some extreme solar activity (which has increasingly been reported/warned about in mainstream scientific publications). I was told personally that this is expected by the insider community, but that it's not known quite what damage may be caused.
    • There are global factions, and people in government both in Israel and in the US, whose dream it is to start a nuclear firestorm in the Middle East. It remains to be seen what, if anything, will happen. There may be a strike against Iran, but if so, then the issue is whether or not it'll all escalate out of control.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Raven For This Post:

Eram (3rd October 2012)

23. Link to Post #92
    Australia Avalon Member bennycog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 times in 971 posts

being here to stop this kind of thing would be nice.. or is it the shift occuring that is causing these effects in people.. interesting how it has been mainly young children and older people who have had the brunt of the brutality. and interesting that it became a problem of sorts in the start of 2010 kubrick's birthing year maybe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...tml?ref=topbar

BEIJING -- A man with an ax attacked children at a daycare center in southwestern China, killing three and injuring 13 others.

The official Xinhua News Agency said the man in Guangxi province burst into the center Friday afternoon and attacked the children with his ax.

A police officer in Pingnan county where the attack happened says the assailant has been caught. The officer would only give his surname, Lin, and said he did not have any other details.

China has experienced a string of rampage attacks at schools, retirement homes and on city streets that have left dozens dead and scores more wounded since the start of 2010.

The attacks have prompted calls for more attention to mental illnesses and concern over rising stress in Chinese society.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bennycog For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), sygh (2nd October 2012)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 times in 653 posts

One of the most wonderful things I have learned I am here for is to try to understand instead of close my mind, love instead of feeling nothing, forgive instead of holding a grudge, and embrace change from within. After 55 years on the planet, I am really learning what it means to live on this planet without destroying it. How selfish I was and never even knew it. Always knew there was a problem, always thought... where is it? It was in me all along.
    Last edited by sygh; 2nd October 2012 at 03:25.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sygh For This Post:

Anchor (2nd October 2012), bennycog (2nd October 2012), Carmody (8th October 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Dennis Leahy (3rd October 2012), ENIGMAggie (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), golden lady (3rd October 2012), Kano (2nd October 2012), Malerogro (30th January 2013), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012), seko (3rd October 2012), truth4me (3rd October 2012), Wind (3rd October 2012)

27. Link to Post #94
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

What we may be here to do?

I'll answer your question if you answer mines.

Are we here by our own choice or we're brought to this illusion for a purpose ?
    Is our path already written or we have free will to choose our own ?
    Is "Balance" the key for leaving in this duality or we have to choose one side ?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Iceberg (here)
    What we may be here to do?

I'll answer your question if you answer mine.

Are we here by our own choice or we're brought to this illusion for a purpose ?
    By our own choice. That may include a purpose.

Quote Is our path already written or we have free will to choose our own ?
    We have free will. No point in playing a game if the result is already fixed.

Quote Is "Balance" the key for leaving in this duality or we have to choose one side ?
    We have to choose one side. The 'other side' (if it's the dark one) tries to trick and confound us, and prevent us from using our right of free choice. If it's the 'light one', it tries to restore and rehabilite our free will, right to choose, and our awareness.

30. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

another bob (2nd October 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), DeDukshyn (2nd October 2012), Dennis Leahy (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), ExomatrixTV (9th October 2012), kanishk (8th January 2013), Kristin (2nd October 2012), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (3rd October 2012), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd October 2012), RunningDeer (3rd October 2012), ulli (4th October 2012), Wind (3rd October 2012), Yoda (9th October 2012)

31. Link to Post #96
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

the path of destiny leaves no room for free will...

choosing a different path leads back to the one meant to be...

no matter which way I run, those dang footsteps keep reappearing before me...

32. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,221 times in 2,274 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)

There is neither destiny nor free will, neither path nor progress. This is the final truth. Prior to that realization, there is both free will and destiny, paths, and feet walking those paths. Trying to use the mind to make these determinations is futile. Whatever belief one invests in, that will be their reality, until supplanted by a new one, and so on, until all mental fabrications are seen through and discarded. Then only will the actual Reality emerge from under the layers of filtered concepts and second-hand memory associations masquerading as "our opinions".

33. Link to Post #98
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Serves you right for being a part of the one infinite creator and thinking you were someone else
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), DeDukshyn (3rd October 2012), Dennis Leahy (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), Finefeather (8th October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (3rd October 2012)

35. Link to Post #99
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by another bob (here)

There is neither destiny nor free will, neither path nor progress. This is the final truth. Prior to that realization, there is both free will and destiny, paths, and feet walking those paths. Trying to use the mind to make these determinations is futile. Whatever belief one invests in, that will be their reality, until supplanted by a new one, and so on, until all mental fabrications are seen through and discarded. Then only will the actual Reality emerge from under the layers of filtered concepts and second-hand memory associations masquerading as "our opinions".
    What if the path of destiny is defined as that time spent before coming to that realization?

Semantics, eh?
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), Dennis Leahy (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (3rd October 2012)

37. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,221 times in 2,274 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by another bob (here)

What if the path of destiny is defined as that time spent before coming to that realization?

Semantics, eh?
    We are timeless being and awareness. There is no getting to that or departing from that, except in the imagination that creates fun games to play like "paths of destiny". It's like "Charades", in a virtual reality game format.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 5 15 17 LastLast