English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: What we may be here to do

Quote Posted by another bob (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    the path of destiny leaves no room for free will...

choosing a different path leads back to the one meant to be...

no matter which way I run, those dang footsteps keep reappearing before me...

There is neither destiny nor free will, neither path nor progress. This is the final truth. Prior to that realization, there is both free will and destiny, paths, and feet walking those paths. Trying to use the mind to make these determinations is futile. Whatever belief one invests in, that will be their reality, until supplanted by a new one, and so on, until all mental fabrications are seen through and discarded. Then only will the actual Reality emerge from under the layers of filtered concepts and second-hand memory associations masquerading as "our opinions".
    What if the path of destiny is defined as that time spent before coming to that realization?

Semantics, eh?
    We are timeless being and awareness. There is no getting to that or departing from that, except in the imagination that creates fun games to play like "paths of destiny". It's like "Charades", in a virtual reality game format.
    There is being at that realization, or there is not. If this were not true, your words would not make sense at all or have any use. Key word was realization. I agree with what you are saying, but semantics and the myriad ways of understanding what that means are a bitch. And not everyone is having fun in their game.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

another bob (3rd October 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Dennis Leahy (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), golden lady (4th October 2012), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (3rd October 2012)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,221 times in 2,274 posts

I agree with what you are saying, but semantics and the myriad ways of understanding what that means are a bitch. And not everyone is having fun in their game.
    Some folks go to scary movies to be horrified, and during the movie, may not appear to be having any kind of enjoyable experience. Later, over beers at the pub, they may say, "Gosh, that was fun!" It is actually something like that -- this human experience, but the rational mind will never get that, until it is trascended by recognition of our prior and native condition, which is limitless freedom -- never bound, never threatened. It is bliss unspeakable, but we like to set that aside to find out what its opposite might be like, hence we show up in these goofy realms, to test ourselves and widen our embrace to include all of it, the non-bliss as well as the bliss, and come to see that they are not two.

4. Link to Post #103
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    Serves you right for being a part of the one infinite creator and thinking you were someone else
    I never sent a resume...

5. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,289 times in 1,094 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Iceberg (here)
    What we may be here to do?

I'll answer your question if you answer mine.

Are we here by our own choice or we're brought to this illusion for a purpose ?
    By our own choice. That may include a purpose.

Quote Is our path already written or we have free will to choose our own ?
    We have free will. No point in playing a game if the result is already fixed.

Quote Is "Balance" the key for leaving in this duality or we have to choose one side ?
    We have to choose one side. The 'other side' (if it's the dark one) tries to trick and confound us, and prevent us from using our right of free choice. If it's the 'light one', it tries to restore and rehabilite our free will, right to choose, and our awareness.
    We might have to choose a side but to me the question is how long does the game go on?
    Last edited by truth4me; 3rd October 2012 at 19:17.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012)

7. Link to Post #105
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Quote Posted by truth4me (here)
    We might to have to choose a side but to me the question is how long does the game go on?
    Time is such a tricky subject.

Things like this go in cycles.

We are in a paradoxical environment where there is time (or an experience of it), but no beginning or ending.

Many hypotheses out there suggest we are getting toward the end of a major cycle (and I agree on that) but no one seems to be explicitly clear on what that means.

What I think it means is that there is an opportunity to move on to the next cycle (different game, different rules) or have a new one (another cycle), but with the same rules.

The game is different in different cycles.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), DeDukshyn (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), Wind (3rd October 2012)

9. Link to Post #106
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

the path of destiny leaves no room for free will...

choosing a different path leads back to the one meant to be...

There is neither destiny nor free will, neither path nor progress. This is the final truth. Prior to that realization, there is both free will and destiny, paths, and feet walking those paths. Trying to use the mind to make these determinations is futile. Whatever belief one invests in, that will be their reality, until supplanted by a new one, and so on, until all mental fabrications are seen through and discarded. Then only will the actual Reality emerge from under the layers of filtered concepts and second-hand memory associations masquerading as "our opinions".
    who am I to say, "correct!" but still... I have to say, Bob - "correct"

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Is "Balance" the key for leaving in this duality or we have to choose one side ?
    We have to choose one side. The 'other side' (if it's the dark one) tries to trick and confound us, and prevent us from using our right of free choice. If it's the 'light one', it tries to restore and rehabilite our free will, right to choose, and our awareness.
    We might to have to choose a side but to me the question is how long does the game go on?
    There is only one side... your own. Yet when you get there, the side dissolves completely.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Anchor (4th October 2012), another bob (3rd October 2012), DeDukshyn (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012)

11. Link to Post #107
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Is our path already written or we have free will to choose our own ?
    I am sure that major events that happen to our lives are already fixed and we can't do a thing about them but we always can change the point of view ( control bad emotions or just try to forget it , thats our free will).
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 3rd October 2012 at 14:25.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

another bob (3rd October 2012), DeDukshyn (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012), Wind (5th October 2012)

13. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

For as long as it takes. (Could be a long time!)

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

another bob (3rd October 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Cognitive Dissident (3rd October 2012), DeDukshyn (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), GlassSteagallfan (5th October 2012), Jean-Marie (3rd October 2012), kanishk (8th January 2013), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012), truth4me (3rd October 2012), Yoda (9th October 2012)

15. Link to Post #109
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

It's already been a long time. What if having to choose a side, is the grandest illusion of all?

16. Link to Post #110
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

You can go nuts thinking about illusions. If i get stung by a hornet, is my pain an illusion? Nope. It's real and no amount of thinking it's an illusion is going to make it stop hurting.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

another bob (3rd October 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), DeDukshyn (3rd October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), golden lady (4th October 2012), Kano (3rd October 2012), Mitzvah (3rd October 2012)

18. Link to Post #111
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I agree with what you are saying, but semantics and the myriad ways of understanding what that means are a bitch. And not everyone is having fun in their game.
    Some folks go to scary movies to be horrified, and during the movie, may not appear to be having any kind of enjoyable experience. Later, over beers at the pub, they may say, "Gosh, that was fun!" It is actually something like that -- this human experience, but the rational mind will never get that, until it is trascended by recognition of our prior and native condition, which is limitless freedom -- never bound, never threatened. It is bliss unspeakable, but we like to set that aside to find out what its opposite might be like, hence we show up in these goofy realms, to test ourselves and widen our embrace to include all of it, the non-bliss as well as the bliss, and come to see that they are not two.
    "Level 2" is available to all, and it really is a LOT more fun, but it requires the understanding that these are games. Most people do not know it is a game let alone there is a"level 2" with much less experiential suffering and much more fun. (speaking strictly metaphorically of course). If I was in that place, I'd appreciate someone letting me know this. I may not accept it, but that would be my choice.

You can't "help" anyone - I can see this is what you are leaning on and I agree, but we can offer our tools.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

another bob (3rd October 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012)

20. Link to Post #112
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)

It's already been a long time. What if having to choose a side, is the grandest illusion of all?

First people have to be taught what a "choice" is. Then maybe we can work on solving the "sides" problem

This isn't an endorsement for choosing "sides", but rather how we all can help ensure our freedom of choice by knowing the distinction between "choices" and "Decisions"

CHOICE: To select after consideration
    DECISION: To select based on a consideration

such a tiny subtle difference with such grand implications.

A - "Choose .... "

A - "Why did you choose that?"
    B - "I chose that because .... <insert reason here> "

A - "So based on that consideration you selected .... <insert selection>?"
    B - "Yes that was my choice"

A - "Look at the definitions again -- that was a decision based on a reason was it not? Not a choice."
    B - "I guess it was, Ok this time I'll choose ... I choose <insert selection>"

A - "Why did you choose that?"
    B - "I chose that because .. oh wait ... you got me, it's not a choice if I use a 'because', is it?"

A - "Exactly! A choice is a selection not based on any consideration, but merely a selection with all considerations in mind, but the choice is made from what you love and what you really want, often despite all the considerations"
    B - "So if I make selections based on the considerations, then I am merely being a pawn to pre-established 'Reasons' that may not even be my own?"

A - "Yes, that is correct, you cannot have true freedom while all your selections are tied to pre-existing reasons, in that state you exist as a follower of 'reason' and can be easily manipulated. All one has to do is convince you of a reason via any method (fear, lies, spins, 'statistics', religion, media, social pressure, etc), and they can control how you select. This is the current state of the relationship between the Earth's 'elite' and the working class."

Be Un-Reasonable! Shift as much of your selection making away from being "decisions" and toward being genuine "choices". 99% of the people on earth are fooled into believing they are making choices with their 'free will'. Nothing could be further from the truth. This is in part due to the lost distinction between what is a "Choice" and what is a "Decision" -- most people would not have that distinction, and lost with that distinction is their true freedom of "Choice"

Become unpredictable and unreasonable, besides, who needs the stress? All is Well! Choose well! Whatever you choose will be far grander than the selections your are forced into settling on to alleviate the fear that drives "reasons". I promise you this, just think about it for a minute ... As small children we all still knew how to "choose", until that is, we were taught to select by "reason" only.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 10th October 2012 at 23:58. Reason: spelling, grammar and few other fixes

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), Eram (3rd October 2012), gaiagirl (19th October 2012), Gekko (5th October 2012), Limor Wolf (4th October 2012), Malerogro (30th January 2013), niki (4th October 2012), RunningDeer (10th October 2012)

22. Link to Post #113
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,289 times in 1,094 posts

Quote Posted by sygh (here)
    One of the most wonderful things I have learned I am here for is to try to understand instead of close my mind, love instead of feeling nothing, forgive instead of holding a grudge, and embrace change from within. After 55 years on the planet, I am really learning what it means to live on this planet without destroying it. How selfish I was and never even knew it. Always knew there was a problem, always thought... where is it? It was in me all along.
    Well said sygh well said.......

23. Link to Post #114
    Australia Avalon Member Brodie75's Avatar
    Thanks

couldn't our choice in coming here in the first place be a part of our free will?
    The outcome might well be fixed but our free will came in 1. our choice to come at this time and 2. how we react and behave in and
    during this time.
    Both fixed outcome and free will

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brodie75 For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012)

25. Link to Post #115
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

I can't speak on behalf of others, only for myself.
    I came here to learn all those things that others have mentioned, so I agree with all of it. To make a choice and then to see also that it is all an illusion. But then it would have been pointless to be born...to live an illusion...
    There has to be a "what's next?"

I'm here to be political. That does not mean I would ever join a political party, but it does mean that I need to make a difference, and effect the lives of others, especially those who are suffering.
    Even within that there are more choices to be made, in order to gain maximum impact. To be effective.
    The question is why.
    Anyone who is informed can see that we are now standing on the edge of an abyss, and that there are parties who wish to push a large number of people over that edge. Is there any way that these people can be stopped and a mass slaughter be prevented? I cannot not bear to see the horror of the suffering multiply beyond wildest dreams.....

For some it may be easy to say, ' oh they will just incarnate again, and again, and again, until they have reached perfection"
    I have chosen a long time ago not to believe that. I know that this time is crucial, that this life is crucial, that I came here only for this time, to prevent the mass slaughter.
    All of my efforts are directed towards finding out how that is to be done. For years I worked in an organization that wanted world peace, and many members even worked in the field of conflict resolution as professionals. But now we are in the final hour and it looks like we have passed the point of sitting around a table and discussing peace measures.
    We need to sabotage the weapons of the dark side, and perhaps disarms them, using our knowledge of the illusory world, which is made of mind stuff.
    This the mind can do, fueled by the heart.
    Doing it, now.
    There is no time left to lose.

26. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Anchor (5th October 2012), araucaria (4th October 2012), astrid (4th October 2012), Belle (6th October 2012), Bo Atkinson (5th October 2012), DeDukshyn (6th October 2012), deridan (6th October 2012), eaglespirit (4th October 2012), golden lady (4th October 2012), Limor Wolf (4th October 2012), Marianne (6th October 2012), modwiz (4th October 2012), niki (4th October 2012), PurpleLama (4th October 2012), RunningDeer (4th October 2012), Samsara (4th October 2012), Sierra (4th October 2012), ThePythonicCow (4th October 2012)

27. Link to Post #116
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Bumping this thread it's importance can't be stressed enough
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

DeDukshyn (10th October 2012), Marianne (6th October 2012), RunningDeer (5th October 2012), ulli (5th October 2012)

29. Link to Post #117
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

I've been looking deeper and deeper into the application of permaculture principles, edible food gardens and the ways and means in which we can reinvent or re-story our relationships with ourselves, each other, our environments locally, globally, economically, technologically and even cosmically....

This video offers a well thought out and unique point of view of permaculture by social ecologist, Stuart B Hill, his ideas are easily translatable across a wide spectrum of human challenges.
    It encourages deeper thinking... enjoy :D

Last edited by edina; 5th October 2012 at 02:04.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Chester (7th October 2012), RunningDeer (5th October 2012), ulli (5th October 2012)

31. Link to Post #118
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

To help the planet.

I am here to implement a vision I have.

A vision where I live in a world where each person takes full responsibility for every action, thought, word and deed. Where each person lives in harmony with themselves and each of their other-selves. Where each person lives also in harmony with nature, the planet and all her creatures and kingdoms. Where the planet is free from tyranny and the troublemakers and tyrants have all left never to return. Where the planet is restored to its former vitality, purity, beauty and glory.

By incarnating here as humans, we are allowed to do these things and make these changes. The planet, a consciousness that dwarfs our own, provided the material for our bodies which she could easily withhold and so I know that this is true.

In my opinion our mission and purpose for being here is primarily to help the planet - along the way we may once more, learn a thing or two that helps us on our own paths.

--Update for clarity--

Later on in this thread its obvious I have made a mistake with "We" above. I don't mean everybody, by "we" I mean the brothers and sisters of sorrow - the wanderers who have taken incarnation in order to help out with the rather complicated situation on the planet at this time. I consider myself one such wanderer, and in all likelihood the majority of the membership are probably wanderers as well.

--Update (2) for clarity--

Even later on... boring I know, but...

The above is what I am doing and I probably should not have considered myself competent to speak on behalf of any WE - either all of you, or the wanderer ground crew. I appreciate Ray and Fred bringing this to light.
    Last edited by Anchor; 8th October 2012 at 02:30.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Anastasia (5th October 2012), Belle (6th October 2012), bennycog (5th October 2012), Chester (7th October 2012), DeDukshyn (8th October 2012), Fred Steeves (5th October 2012), golden lady (7th October 2012), Marianne (6th October 2012), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th October 2012), modwiz (5th October 2012), Muzz (7th October 2012), RunningDeer (5th October 2012), sleepy (5th October 2012), Wind (5th October 2012)

33. Link to Post #119
    United States Avalon Member Anastasia's Avatar
    Thanks

I am here to move past the Fourth Dimension, while here, and into the Fifth Dimension. Hopefully, as I do I will shift a frequency that resonates out, exponentially...assisting in raising the frequency from 3 to 4 and most importantly past 4. For the Fourth is fraught with (from my understanding) dicotamies, contradictions, exhaustion, and mind puzzles that will not be solved.

Once in a while I achieve the Fifth Level, where there is a 'knowing' beyond knowledge. There is a "third language" that speaks from the divine intelligence, it is an experience and I hope to share it more, and more as we go along on this miraculous journey we are all on together.

I believe this state of consciousness can be transmitted through words, I am here to learn how.

We are so GREAT, we humans, we are the greatest beings that have ever been or ever will be....

my humble opinion...

hehehe

Sincerely,
    Anastasia

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Anastasia For This Post:

deridan (6th October 2012)

35. Link to Post #120
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    To help the planet.

I am here to implement a vision I have.

A vision where I live in a world where each person takes full responsibility for every action, thought, word and deed. Where each person lives in harmony with themselves and each of their other-selves. Where each person lives also in harmony with nature, the planet and all her creatures and kingdoms. Where the planet is free from tyranny and the troublemakers and tyrants have all left never to return. Where the planet is restored to its former vitality, purity, beauty and glory.

By incarnating here as humans, we are allowed to do these things and make these changes. The planet, a consciousness that dwarfs our own, provided the material for our bodies which she could easily withhold and so I know that this is true.

In my opinion our mission and purpose for being here is primarily to help the planet - along the way we may once more, learn a thing or two that helps us on our own paths.
    Wonderful, focused and cogent. Simple, elegant and so rich.

Thank you, John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 6 16 17 LastLast