+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Default Re: Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

Quote Posted by seeker1972 (here)
    So, a big fish sells a pile of stock. Some people say, "He didn't get rich by being dumb." So they sell all of theirs too. The stock tanks. Did the big fish see it coming? Or is the big fish the one that started the chain of trades that made it come true? Think the big fish was already in position to capitalize on this effect before he ever made the move?
    It's both, question is which came first, his knowledge of the market or his status?
    I will bet it was his knowledge of the market.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by 665 plumber of the beast (here)
    From Money news.

Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.

.”
    So do you have a link for this article? Please quote me when you respond so I find my way back to this thread.

3. Link to Post #23
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,652 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by 665 plumber of the beast (here)
    From Money news.

Quote Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.
    Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    So do you have a link for this article? Please quote me when you respond so I find my way back to this thread.
    The article in the opening post of this thread is from here: Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why (MONEYNEWS.COM, a Newsmax Media website, Tuesday, 25 Dec 2012 06:01 PM). The article is in part a promotional piece for Robert Wiedemer's book Aftershock.

... and while I'm here, I recommend never sharing your email address with newsmax.com. In my experience, they don't fully honor the unsubscribe links on their email. Fortunately I have some industrial strength spam filters in place.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member geoffbyrd's Avatar
    Thanks

If you just want to quickly purview the information on these sites then X it out, when it asks if you want to leave the page say "no" and you will get all of the text content to read at your own pace. They're always hyping something in the end but at least you can rapidly scroll though all of it to see what it is. Hope that helps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to geoffbyrd For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (27th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2