Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

From Money news.

Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.

Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. During the second quarter of the year, Paulson’s hedge fund, Paulson & Co., dumped 14 million shares of JPMorgan Chase. The fund also dumped its entire position in discount retailer Family Dollar and consumer-goods maker Sara Lee.

Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.

So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?

After all, the stock market is still in the midst of its historic rally. Real estate prices have finally leveled off, and for the first time in five years are actually rising in many locations. And the unemployment rate seems to have stabilized.

It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.

One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.

Editor’s Note: Wiedemer Gives Proof for His Dire Predictions in This Shocking Interview.

Before you dismiss the possibility of a 90% drop in the stock market as unrealistic, consider Wiedemer’s credentials.

In 2006, Wiedemer and a team of economists accurately predicted the collapse of the U.S. housing market, equity markets, and consumer spending that almost sank the United States. They published their research in the book America’s Bubble Economy.

The book quickly grabbed headlines for its accuracy in predicting what many thought would never happen, and quickly established Wiedemer as a trusted voice.

A columnist at Dow Jones said the book was “one of those rare finds that not only predicted the subprime credit meltdown well in advance, it offered Main Street investors a winning strategy that helped avoid the forty percent losses that followed . . .”

The chief investment strategist at Standard & Poor’s said that Wiedemer’s track record “demands our attention.”

And finally, the former CFO of Goldman Sachs said Wiedemer’s “prescience in (his) first book lends credence to the new warnings. This book deserves our attention.”

In the interview for his latest blockbuster Aftershock, Wiedemer says the 90% drop in the stock market is “a worst-case scenario,” and the host quickly challenged this claim.

Wiedemer calmly laid out a clear explanation of why a large drop of some sort is a virtual certainty.

It starts with the reckless strategy of the Federal Reserve to print a massive amount of money out of thin air in an attempt to stimulate the economy.

“These funds haven’t made it into the markets and the economy yet. But it is a mathematical certainty that once the dam breaks, and this money passes through the reserves and hits the markets, inflation will surge,” said Wiedemer.

“Once you hit 10% inflation, 10-year Treasury bonds lose about half their value. And by 20%, any value is all but gone. Interest rates will increase dramatically at this point, and that will cause real estate values to collapse. And the stock market will collapse as a consequence of these other problems.”

See the Proof: Get the Full Interview by Clicking Here Now.

http://w3.newsmax.com/a/aftershockb/...mo_code=FE8A-1

And this is where Wiedemer explains why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros could be dumping U.S. stocks:

“Companies will be spending more money on borrowing costs than business expansion costs. That means lower profit margins, lower dividends, and less hiring. Plus, more layoffs.”

No investors, let alone billionaires, will want to own stocks with falling profit margins and shrinking dividends. So if that’s why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros are dumping stocks, they have decided to cash out early and leave Main Street investors holding the bag.

But Main Street investors don’t have to see their investment and retirement accounts decimated for the second time in five years.

Wiedemer’s video interview also contains a comprehensive blueprint for economic survival that’s really commanding global attention.

Now viewed over 40 million times, it was initially screened for a relatively small, private audience. But the overwhelming amount of feedback from viewers who felt the interview should be widely publicized came with consequences, as various online networks repeatedly shut it down and affiliates refused to house the content.

“People were sitting up and taking notice, and they begged us to make the interview public so they could easily share it,” said Newsmax Financial Publisher Aaron DeHoog.

“Our real concern,” DeHoog added, “is the effect even if only half of Wiedemer’s predictions come true.

“That’s a scary thought for sure. But we want the average American to be prepared, and that is why we will continue to push this video to as many outlets as we can. We want the word to spread.”

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Default Re: Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

Personally, I despise the stock markets (and other forms of gambling), especially because the stock markets are heavily manipulated. "Professional" investors frequently make profits regardless of whether the stock markets are rising or falling. Meanwhile, smaller investors are typically the ones who suffer the biggest losses when markets fall - even those whose money is managed by professional investors.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), A Simple Human (29th September 2012), Alan (26th September 2012), Chris Gilbert (26th September 2012), GloriousPoetry (26th December 2012), gripreaper (25th September 2012), RunningDeer (25th September 2012), ulli (25th September 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,585 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by 665 plumber of the beast (here)

Has anyone watched this video?

It has the very annoying attribute of being on a web page that automatically plays a video. You have no ability to pause or stop the video (the only way to stop it is to close the page.) You have no idea how long the video is. You have no idea at what point you are in the video. And worst of all, I would bet that it ends up with an advertisement for a $39.99 or $79.99 pamphlet or book that has the information that made you watch the video - the conclusions, the "solutions."

So, has anyone watched the whole thing? (I gave up after being irritated when I could not pause it.)

Dennis

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), Arrowwind (26th December 2012), DevilPigeon (25th September 2012), GaelVictor (25th September 2012), genevieve (26th September 2012), ljwheat (25th September 2012), Mark (25th September 2012), RunningDeer (25th September 2012), sigma6 (26th December 2012), ulli (25th September 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,612 times in 21,525 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Here is what I'd guess is the same video, in a more conventional and usable Youtube format:
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), A Simple Human (29th September 2012), genevieve (26th September 2012), RunningDeer (25th September 2012), Swan (25th September 2012), ulli (25th September 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It's an ad for David and Robert Wiedemer's Aftershock book (with some more stuff, an extra chapter, and at a bit higher cost.)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (25th September 2012), RunningDeer (25th September 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,585 times in 5,817 posts

Thanks, Paul. You just saved a number of people from watching a 42 minute infomercial for a book.

:~)

Dennis

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

4evrneo (25th September 2012), A Simple Human (29th September 2012), ljwheat (25th September 2012), Mark (25th September 2012), RunningDeer (25th September 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

I got out last October after listening to people like Gerald Celente. I've made other investments. It use to be I'd converse with the ING agent. When I wanted out, it was the secretary. She acted like it was her money and asked why. She didn’t like my answer. “My agent is loosing my money.”

After filling out the paper work another level of control and stall was that she couldn't make out my writing on amount to take out for tax purposes. Confirmation by phone wasn't enough to move the paper work. I instructed her to transfer me to someone with the power of authority. Also, I’ll express that it shouldn't take this long, nor are the intrusion of personal question welcomed. Poof! she had authority.

(I was a small, small investor.)
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 25th September 2012 at 14:32.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), Beren (25th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (25th September 2012), gripreaper (25th September 2012), ljwheat (25th September 2012), Mark (25th September 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member DevilPigeon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 times in 560 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Quote Posted by 665 plumber of the beast (here)

It has the very annoying attribute of being on a web page that automatically plays a video. You have no ability to pause or stop the video (the only way to stop it is to close the page.) You have no idea how long the video is. You have no idea at what point you are in the video. And worst of all, I would bet that it ends up with an advertisement for a $39.99 or $79.99 pamphlet or book that has the information that made you watch the video - the conclusions, the "solutions."

So, has anyone watched the whole thing? (I gave up after being irritated when I could not pause it.)

Dennis
    Any webpage that auto-plays a video/audio, with no user controls on whether to stop/pause should be treated with suspicion. Any webpage that throws a dialog box when clicking 'back' asking if you really want to leave should be treated even more suspiciously.

I treat either of the above with utter contempt, needless to say I don't hang around.
    "Stop getting Bond wrong!" (Alan Partridge)

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DevilPigeon For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (25th September 2012), genevieve (26th September 2012), Holly Lindin (26th December 2012), Mark (25th September 2012), RunningDeer (25th September 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 times in 450 posts

xxxxx xxxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 11:43.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), Chris Gilbert (26th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (25th September 2012), MargueriteBee (26th December 2012), RunningDeer (26th September 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)
    I got out last October after listening to people like Gerald Celente. I've made other investments. It use to be I'd converse with the ING agent. When I wanted out, it was the secretary. She acted like it was her money and asked why. She didn’t like my answer. “My agent is loosing my money.”

After filling out the paper work another level of control and stall was that she couldn't make out my writing on amount to take out for tax purposes. Confirmation by phone wasn't enough to move the paper work. I instructed her to transfer me to someone with the power of authority. Also, I’ll express that it shouldn't take this long, nor are the intrusion of personal question welcomed. Poof! she had authority.

What? You wanted to leave a sinking ship? How dare you !! (exclamation point)
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (25th September 2012), RunningDeer (25th September 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)

What? You wanted to leave a sinking ship? How dare you !! (exclamation point)
    I pulled the lever on the machine, but the Clark bar didn't come out!!!
    So, I bought my own machine and filled it with Ben and Jerry's!!!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VSKn8RlD7Is
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 25th September 2012 at 16:30.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), conk (27th December 2012), Dennis Leahy (25th September 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

So, a big fish sells a pile of stock. Some people say, "He didn't get rich by being dumb." So they sell all of theirs too. The stock tanks. Did the big fish see it coming? Or is the big fish the one that started the chain of trades that made it come true? Think the big fish was already in position to capitalize on this effect before he ever made the move?

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), conk (27th December 2012), RMorgan (26th December 2012), RunningDeer (25th September 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    England Avalon Member DevilPigeon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 times in 560 posts

Quote Posted by seeker1972 (here)
    So, a big fish sells a pile of stock. Some people say, "He didn't get rich by being dumb." So they sell all of theirs too. The stock tanks. Did the big fish see it coming? Or is the big fish the one that started the chain of trades that made it come true? Think the big fish was already in position to capitalize on this effect before he ever made the move?
    Hasn't this happened before...? I'm thinking Rockefeller/Napoleon... If so, look for the big fish buying the stock back at much lower prices.
    "Stop getting Bond wrong!" (Alan Partridge)

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DevilPigeon For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), genevieve (26th September 2012), Holly Lindin (26th December 2012), MargueriteBee (26th December 2012), realitycorrodes (25th September 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

it's only a matter of time before the paper economy crashes, we don't build anything anymore. No one has money to buy anything anymore, and debt from the household to the white house is out of control . the ptb have to do something just before the 21st of december to create chaos and panic and use the galactic alignment to their advantage. A New war, monetary crash, and mass demonstrations along with a new virus pandemic , take all that and mix in a weather catastrophe and you have grounds for martial law. thats what they want to get their one world system rolling along. Fear only has the power you give it.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member puurfectten's Avatar
    Thanks

the big boyz and anyone who knows better should have been lightening the load on stocks anywhere above the 1420's on the s&p 500....i had 1475ish as a top mark but it still can go a bit higher into the election..the pop after the announcement of qe3 wasn't much and didn't hold...probably pullback time is on us ..wouldn't be a bit surprised to see s&p see1270 on this wave down...)..just a thumbs up...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to puurfectten For This Post:

30. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DevilPigeon (here)
    Any webpage that auto-plays a video/audio, with no user controls on whether to stop/pause should be treated with suspicion. Any webpage that throws a dialog box when clicking 'back' asking if you really want to leave should be treated even more suspiciously.

I treat either of the above with utter contempt, needless to say I don't hang around.
    I have another strike against newsmax.com, the site where this video was originally found: After repeatedly using their "unsubscribe" feature, many times over multiple years, they are still provide plenty of material for my email spam filter. In my experience, they will not stop sending several email messages per day, once you subscribe.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), Chris Gilbert (26th September 2012), genevieve (26th September 2012), Holly Lindin (26th December 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

oops..i meant heads up...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to puurfectten For This Post:

34. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by puurfectten (here)
    the big boyz and anyone who knows better should have been lightening the load on stocks anywhere above the 1420's on the s&p 500....i had 1475ish as a top mark but it still can go a bit higher into the election..the pop after the announcement of qe3 wasn't much and didn't hold...probably pullback time is on us ..wouldn't be a bit surprised to see s&p see1270 on this wave down...)..just a thumbs up...
    Volume has been pathetic for some time now, and most "retail" investors never came back after the last 40% haircut in 2008.

So, when the only boys left in the casino are the Buffet's and the hedge fund algorithm boys, what would you expect? A civil unwinding and trading of value, based on some metric?

ROFLMAO!!! (inordinate number of exclamation points!!)
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

A Simple Human (29th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (26th September 2012)

36. Link to Post #19
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by Cjay (here)
    Personally, I despise the stock markets (and other forms of gambling), especially because the stock markets are heavily manipulated. "Professional" investors frequently make profits regardless of whether the stock markets are rising or falling. Meanwhile, smaller investors are typically the ones who suffer the biggest losses when markets fall - even those whose money is managed by professional investors.
    This has been much my perception as well. Though I don't have much money to invest to begin with, I would rather invest in ventures I respect, as opposed to making a buck. The contempt rich investors often have for those who do much of the actual maintanence and ground work of society also doesn't site well with me...

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    Quote Posted by puurfectten (here)
    Volume has been pathetic for some time now, and most "retail" investors never came back after the last 40% haircut in 2008.

So, when the only boys left in the casino are the Buffet's and the hedge fund algorithm boys, what would you expect? A civil unwinding and trading of value, based on some metric?

ROFLMAO!!! (inordinate number of exclamation points!!)
    cant really get what u r trying to say...maybe simple english would help..)..good time to stay on your toes as far as the market goes...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast