+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Types of Love or One Love

1. Link to Post #1
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

Default Types of Love or One Love

Back in 2004 I experienced a kundalini energy release that energetically melted my inner being into a state of love that connected me with a feeling of oneness with this world. Unfortunately the intensity of this state of love didn't last forever.

I'm curious to know if other people here have had this experience with love energy and if they differentiate between this love and the love we experience in relation to others in this world.

The love for a child, love for a parent, a sibling, and a friend
    Romantic love which involves sexuality is dealing with another realm

Thank you !
    Many Blessings,
    Gloria

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

Akasha (1st October 2012), noprophet (27th September 2012), Wind (28th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

Default Re: Types of Love or One Love

I have had a similar experience and in my view it is the destruction of the ego and an attainment of true unity.

This curtails with love, as we know it, being a glimpse at this perfect unity and our subconscious drive toward it. Our ego being our learned and constructed behavior that seperates us from this state.

I believe this is the key of meditation. Elimination of the conscious ego-state and what is left is what you experienced.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Akasha (1st October 2012), GloriousPoetry (27th September 2012), Wind (28th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I have had a similar experience too. It was an amazing thing. The energies ran up and down my spine and I was laughing and moaning in esctasy. Love is all I knew and it went on and on - but only lasted 30 clock minutes, if you know what I mean. I called it a spiritual orgasm, for lack of better descriptors.

I've had similar feelings in more profound moods where I could see the perfection in another as viewed by my own imperfect glass, that I perceive through. Those moments are priceless because once you see perfection in another your own perfection cannot remain hidden for long. That's when the glass gets cleaned...

I think pure love is just that - pure. And as such it can be felt for another person despite egoic labels and fabricated distinctions.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Akasha (1st October 2012), GloriousPoetry (28th September 2012), Wind (28th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,164 times in 1,390 posts

I had a similar if not identical experience in 1999 and, in line with Noprophet, I would describe it as (temporary.....if only it was permanent) dissolution of the ego and it had me in tears for literally about 8 hours! Obviously a lot of ego to dissolve!!

As I see it, it was the point where all programmes / belief systems / egoic constructs were either destroyed or rendered into reality as they came face to face with that profound and very physical experience of love....the diviner's fire so to speak.
    It also gave rise to a kind of gnosis because now the divine, as I now attribute love to be, was no longer a matter of faith but, instead, physical experience.

In answer to your question about differentiating it from love between others, to me it's exactly the same energy. When we experience it between ourselves and others, it gets diluted to a greater or lesser degree by our insecurities and so there is the risk of labelling it as different, but I don't feel it is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

GloriousPoetry (1st October 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gloriouspoetry (here)
    Back in 2004 I experienced a kundalini energy release that energetically melted my inner being into a state of love that connected me with a feeling of oneness with this world. Unfortunately the intensity of this state of love didn't last forever.
    If I am interpreting correctly I feel I may be able to relate. I have not felt a sensation so strongly since childhood. In times past I have thought about this fleetingly and as the years passed I thought of it less and less. You have re-awakened my desire to feel this way again.

I have felt a powerful sensation of Love/Connected (no terms can do the "feeling" justice) maybe a handful of times. All of these times were as a young boy. The only thing I can recall about these experiences now is that I was with someone who was attempting to convey or "teach" me something. The sensation would grow and feel as if it were boiling up within me. I can remember thinking to myself "do they feel it too? can they see it on my face?" It was like trying to hold in an uncontrollable grin of delight. I always concluded that it was only me who felt this sensation. In fact this is the first time I've ever put my thoughts about it out into this Universe. Now I could make some hypothesis as to what I was feeling/dealing with back then. However I feel they would be incorrect and would serve no purpose to anyone. Now I just want to strive to feel that way again. It's almost intoxicating trying to recall that day. I feel as if I should ramble on here but I must take my leave

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrnEggsNHam For This Post:

Akasha (2nd October 2012), GloriousPoetry (1st October 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Has anyone experienced this as an adult? I have this sinking feeling that whatever allowed me to feel the sensation as a child has now been clogged/dirtied/disconnected

The skeptic side of me wants to analyze what I remember and explain it in terms that make sense to myself*** in this culture. I have found however in my years growing up that false truths are purported in this way. Things we don't understand are just outside our current knowledge. Trying to explain them is futile.

***I was extremely shy growing up and had difficulties socializing with others. The reason I remember these times is that I was able to connect to another human for one of the first times in my life. As I continued to progress and socialize the feeling became natural and no longer seemed sensational. This is what my brain/mind which was developed in the current culture wants me to believe. That is a cop out and it's entirely false and presumptuous. The programming from our culture runs very deep indeed...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GrnEggsNHam For This Post:

GloriousPoetry (2nd October 2012)

+ Reply to Thread