+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What tools do others use to focus their psychic abilities?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default What tools do others use to focus their psychic abilities?

Help!

I really could use some advice from people who are more experienced on how to focus these "visions/images" and thoughts and make them more meaningful before something bad happens.

Number 1 is the most recent example.
    Number 2 happened a couple of months ago.

1. For a couple of weeks, I couldn't stop seeing cars which had their front-ends banged up. Seriously banged up. I, literally, started freaking out when I wanted to drive somewhere because my eyes would always find the car that had a huge dent or light busted out. I also drove a lot safer than usual because I didn't want to be in an accident.

About a week ago, I saw that my neighbor was the one who had the bad car accident w/front-end damage. The front tire was blown, the light panel was just gone and there's huge damage around the battery....really nasty accident. Luckily, nobody was hurt.

________

2. I was out shopping and I (randomly, or so I thought) starting thinking about our old Thunderbird. I realized it was significant because I rarely think about this car, but I didn't connect it to anything going on currently.

It turned out a couple of weeks later, my car died and we had to get another one. Just like years ago, the T-bird died and we had to get another one.

However, again, I didn't make the connection until after my car had died.

I'm hoping that some of the more experienced people can give me some ideas of how to develop this ability further because what I see always seems to come true, but I don't know how see more of the picture or clarify what I'm seeing - so that it makes sense and I can take action.

I understand what I see, but I don't see how it connects to me or a current situation - or is the lack of understanding just something that I have to accept.

It's really frustrating not to be able to really do anything with these clues that I'm being given.

I hope that some of this makes sense to someone because writing it out makes me disoriented (maybe that's because I am....hehe)

Like I said, please help if you can. Thanks.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kcbc2010 For This Post:

Anastasia (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), johnf (11th February 2013), lookbeyond (28th September 2012), Reirrac (28th September 2012), RunningDeer (28th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: What tools do others use to focus their psychic abilities?

your instincts told you it was important in both cases so you kept thinking of it...

premonitions are hints from our spirits...

practice doesn't make perfect or we'd have answers to all of your questions...

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Hi, kcbc2010. It’s great that you’ve been born with, or have released, some genuine raw but strong psychic ability within you. I guess there’s no instant recipe where you just add water. It takes a long time to master any psychic skill, and enormous amounts of regular practice.

To develop your ability, you need to practice being even more receptive to it. It’s like the psychic part of your consciousness may be saying: “We keep sending her good info but she usually ignores it.” You have to really be listening for it all the time, like you have a great thirst for it. And to keep doing things like making guesses all the time about little things and then noticing whether your guesses were accurate or not.

One problem to overcome is that we’re all at least slightly psychic when we’re age two or four or so, but our parents try to strongly condition us into believing it’s crazy to see fairies at the bottom of the garden. So you need to somehow break down the unconscious resistance inside you that comes from such conditioning.

More generally, too, any emotional blockages a person has will also block the clarity of their consciousness. So, to sharpen your psychic skills it greatly helps to become spiritually and psychologically liberated, which of course is often a lifetime’s work, if not longer.

You could also of course try joining a psychic development class or “circle”. Hopefully one where the teacher has some real mastery of psychic skills.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Anastasia (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), lookbeyond (28th September 2012), Reirrac (29th September 2012), RunningDeer (28th September 2012), Selene (28th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

It’s more about belief than ‘special powers’. We all have The Power to change, but belief trips up a lot of folks.

Over my bed, I had three Christmas balls that looked like bubbles hanging from my ceiling at different lengths. It gave the illusion that they were floating.

A friend randomly picked a ball for me to move. He upped the challenge to swing left/right, back/forth, or circle. Then for the finale move all three. Even as I type, I can’t believe it happened over and over. I sit here now and say, "How cool!" Back then it was just ordinary.

It wasn’t all at once “Oh, my God!”

While alone, I’d notice one move and the other two didn’t. I rationalized it was a breeze, even though no windows were opened. I intellectualized that it was the air currents. 

I didn’t believe it. But once I figured out the fear of failure/nothing to loose part, I stared at another goat...I mean ball. And IT moved.

UPDATE: I forgot to add that my friend applied the same techniques above. He did it too, but did not believe himself. He said I did it. Even when I turned away and he didn't tell me which one he picked. He still didn't believe.

For those interested in the technique:

I just visualize. See them moving. In the beginning, feel or call up or recognize a sensation in either your the heart, stomach or belly button region.

How I’d describe it’s like when you're up really high on the a swing, and just as you’re about to come back down, there’s that tickle-giggle sensation. After awhile, I streamlined it. I just saw them moving in my mind’s eye.

Updated: 10/11/13

Another example:

I use to demonstrate to my students that you can zap clouds. I showed them that you just visualize them gone. In the case where there’s a lot of cloud cover, just zap a hole in them. They not only accomplished it, but went home to teach their parents.

Peace,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer

Belief, action, power of mind, visualization...
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 11th October 2013 at 15:52.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

4evrneo (2nd October 2012), Anastasia (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), ENIGMAggie (28th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), gaiagirl (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (28th September 2012), lookbeyond (28th September 2012), Reirrac (28th September 2012), Selene (28th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013), we-R-one (29th September 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"Stopping Time" - I posted this back in June, in the 'Here and Now' thread. What I learned was emotions, desire, and visualization make us powerful co-creators. I don't expect everyone to believe me. It's okay. I share this so that others can open to the possibility that we can be our own cause and effect in our daily lives. Demonstrate to yourself that you are more than what you've been conditioned to believe.

This never happened before, and it’s a lesson for me to dial up the inner awareness:

Wolfie, my dog, and I were out for a walk at the local shopping mall. There’s patch of woods on the outer skirts where he does his business. This afternoon, he couldn’t wait and picked a spot where everyone is out and about doing their Saturday to-dos.

I’m looking down to see if he’s finished and feeling embarrassed. I’m aware of the inner dialogue of, “I hope no one comes by.” With my head still down, and eyes raised, I saw four cars suspended in time; two on the other side of the median and two with several car lengthens between coming in our direction. No sound. Then, in the next nano second, they drove on.

It took about 30 seconds for me to recollect what just happened. After the initial “can’t be, that’s impossible”, I let it alone and walked for a few moments. Then asked, “What happened just before that point in time?” I ran the tape backwards and came up with the emotion of embarrassment, coupled with wanting a different outcome."

Emotion + Desire = a powerful affirmation of I choose my reality.

Peace,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer

Tools: Belief, action, power of mind, visualization...

Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th September 2012 at 02:18.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

4evrneo (2nd October 2012), amandapoet (29th September 2012), Carmen (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), gaiagirl (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (28th September 2012), lookbeyond (28th September 2012), Reirrac (28th September 2012), Selene (28th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013), we-R-one (29th September 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

In 1989, this experience in Tai Chi allowed me to open beyond this 3D illusion:

Cloud hands is one movement in the Tai Chi form. The teacher had the class used this one form as a moving group meditation. When it was over, he had us move to the stage which was only three steps higher than the main floor.

With my mind still suspended from the exercise, I stepped on the first step and tripped because my foot went through the stair about 4-6 inches deep. I tried to catch myself with the other foot up the next stair. I tripped again. My foot went through the second one only 2-3 inches deep. Then logic took over and I caught myself with my hands, and mind clicked back to 3D solid material world. It all happened so fast that there was no time only an unfolding of a movie.

I believe in part, I had this experience because it was in a group. The group energy raise up my own potential. Those internal energies are known to more people now. Can you imagine what it's going to be like when we all come together? I'm excited.

Get out of monkey mind. Focus and awareness are important keys.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th September 2012 at 02:02.

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

4evrneo (2nd October 2012), amandapoet (29th September 2012), Anastasia (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), gaiagirl (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (28th September 2012), lookbeyond (28th September 2012), Reirrac (28th September 2012), Selene (28th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013), we-R-one (29th September 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I attended the “Stuart Wilde’s Warrior Wisdom 5 day Intensive,” in Taos, New Mexico, 1990. I signed up without knowing what it was going to entail. Emphasis was an outward bound experience including repelling mountains, high wire activity, blindfolds, trust exercises, firewalk, sweat lodge, lecture, dropped us off in the snowy mountains alone for an undisclosed amount of time. He taught ‘warrior skills’, meditation 3:30 a.m., how to obtain energy, and group accountably, etc.

Stuart Wilde also taught mind techniques such as to override or replace thoughts. There’s no mystery to it. We were drop in the market place to practice. It’s a combination of visualization and ‘chi energy’. It was an experiential exercise, but also understood the ethics and accountability for use of power over others. The point was demonstration of energy, not to control.

Now years later, on ‘how to obtain or use energy from others’, I see differently. Energy comes from within. I build it and tap the power within. In fairness to Stuart Wilde, I may have missed that point. He did state these exercises were to experience beyond the ordinary world.

It’s easy to see how mind control is used on the masses. Building chi through right practice and life style increases internal spirit/light and awareness of Truth and balance of mind, body, spirit. Which overrides any illusionary dark ones.

Peace,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th September 2012 at 02:12.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

amandapoet (29th September 2012), Anastasia (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), gaiagirl (29th September 2012), lookbeyond (28th September 2012), Reirrac (28th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013), we-R-one (29th September 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My philosophy is to keep it simple. Below is a jump off point. Some will say it’s elementary. I agree. That’s what I am. A beginner at every turn. It keeps in check the illusionary pressure of performance, fireworks and grand expectation. Not one way, but many ways. Be creative. If I were to sum it up in one word it is - Awareness. That's all you need.

Key descriptors and techniques I use as a co-creator: Higher Mind, awareness, emotion, visualization and get out of my own way.

It's not something I do. It's something done. I stay open. That's the most important thing. Get out of the egoic way. Be the Soul, i.e., Higher Self. Sometimes I ask an open ended question, other times a specific one. What I see is a whole movie flash so fast that in the 3-D world, it takes time to explain it in a sequence. It's as though one symbol is equivalent to one story, and some detail unfolds as the story is told at the 3-D level.

One practice is I stay open to “see” when a car turns left or right or continues on. It’s used to sharpen visual technique. Watch for sensations in gut or heart.

We all have these tools in varying degrees. In fact, most use them automatically; recognition and practice enhances them. Our new energy upgrades are coming in, which means that you may surpass someone that has developed tools for decades. Soon, we all will have full recognition of our innate abilities.

Finally, I listen for when to step away from everything. Inner knowing whispers that it’s time: to process information, to reframe an assumption, or trash outmoded beliefs. Ideally, my goal is to process as it’s happening. Too, the time between process and clarity has quickened, in part because of willingness to hav-a-look. The goal is chuck the gunk and garbage that anchors me to 3D illusionary play. A side benefit? Emergence of subtle refinement of the tools.

Recently, I came across some new and old tools. You can research to find out more about them.

- claircognizance via knowingness

- clairvoyance via visual
    - clairsentience via feelings
    - clairgustance via taste

- clairaudience via sound

- clairscent via smell
    - clairtangency via touch

My wish is that this post may be the trigger you needed.

Peace,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th September 2012 at 02:10.

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

4evrneo (2nd October 2012), amandapoet (29th September 2012), Anastasia (28th September 2012), Carmen (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), gaiagirl (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (28th September 2012), lookbeyond (28th September 2012), Reirrac (28th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013), TraineeHuman (29th September 2012), we-R-one (29th September 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Quote Posted by kcbc2010 (here)
    Help!

I really could use some advice from people who are more experienced on how to focus these "visions/images" and thoughts and make them more meaningful before something bad happens.

I hope that some of this makes sense to someone because writing it out makes me disoriented (maybe that's because I am....hehe)

Like I said, please help if you can. Thanks.
    I don't have a complete answer, but I may be able to help with a puzzle piece.

When you see these fleeting images, that you identify as having the characteristic of potential premonition what do you do? What is the immediate reaction?

What you appear to think is necessary at this time is to somehow act to intensify the vision so as to extract more data - but I don't think it works like that.

It seems to me that you are neglecting to follow up on your experience.

What you may find useful is to set yourself at peace and in comfort, get your self quiet and meditative, and then inquire within as to the nature of the images. Do this in a dedicated space, protected, purified and prepared by dedicating love, giving thanks and praise to the creator - or whatever you consider appropriate, with a request for guidance.

Whatever the outcome, I am pretty sure this wont be a waste of time.
    Last edited by Anchor; 28th September 2012 at 03:10.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

amandapoet (29th September 2012), Anastasia (28th September 2012), Carmody (30th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (28th September 2012), lookbeyond (28th September 2012), Reirrac (29th September 2012), RunningDeer (29th September 2012), Selene (28th September 2012), TraineeHuman (29th September 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,226 times in 1,108 posts

I agree with all of the very helpful advice here – improving your psychic skills is indeed the work of many lifetimes, and mainly involves your personal spiritual growth, which includes becoming more aware of your inner stillness and the “normal” flow of brain chatter and images that continually drifts across your mind. Regular meditation is your best tool.

Having said that,

• One thing that I’ve found very helpful to the learning process is to deliberately seek feedback on your impressions in the real world. That is, when you get an impression or sense of something that you think may be psychic, check it out. Ask. Poke around. Do a Google search or image search to see if anything clicks for you. Be intrepid and curious.

It’s easy just to think “This is silly, and I’ll only be laughed at if I say anything”, but getting feedback will powerfully increase your confidence in your inner skills and speed your learning process exponentially. You need to have a bit of courage to ask someone about that impression: “Do you by chance drive a white….?” Does the name Sarah mean anything to you…?” “Do you work in a place near flowing water…?” etc etc.

• Ask whatever you need to ask, check out news reports, look around. Be rather diffident when the other person inevitably asks: why do you ask? Just laugh and say: “Oh, I don’t know…it just popped into my head…nothing really…just wondering….” Don’t make any claims, don’t explain anything, don’t build yourself up. Just treat it lightly and say “I had this silly dream…” or whatever.

• Go for it, and don’t be discouraged if your impression seems to make no sense to the other person. You’re not necessarily wrong; sometimes it may take several days or weeks for the other person to make the connection and the light bulb to go on. They’ll get back to you. The link may not be obvious; you’ll eventually learn how your mind works. Keep going.

• And when the answer is positive - that your impression is somehow meaningful – you next need to mentally and emotionally go back to that point in time where you got the impression and recover your state of being at the time. What were you doing? What was your mental state? Were you awake, tired, daydreaming, etc? What were you doing just prior? What was your physical state? How did you feel? Etc etc. Try to recreate that state of being so that you can recognize it in the future and then learn to enter into it at will.

• There are all kinds of ways to set up little tests for yourself that will give you rapid feedback: Who’s calling before you answer the phone? What’s in that envelope or package? What will happen next? What color will s/he be wearing? Etc. Just play with it, and give yourself credit for any positive results, even if you think it was only a lucky guess or whatever, or only ‘sort of’ right. The feedback will pull you along, and improve your score over time.

• Keep notes on your impressions – sometimes that impression may take many months or years to develop into reality, but you’ll want to go back to check those notes when you say: Dang! I knew that! And you’ll have proof.

I used to be a test subject for the Society For Psychic Research in Toronto. We’d do dozens of carefully constructed research runs of telepathy, psychometry, remote viewing, prediction and such. The wonderful thing was that at the end of each session, we got the immediate feedback of what were the correct targets or answers. I could go back over my answers and see where and how they fit into the picture. It hugely increased my performance over time and my confidence in my abilities. Because frankly I would probably never have attempted some of the things I discovered I could do - and very well – had I not been asked to ‘play’ with the concepts and gotten feedback. I think I learned much more than the researchers about the phenomena.

Cheers,

Selene
    Last edited by Selene; 28th September 2012 at 17:47.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

amandapoet (29th September 2012), Anastasia (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), gaiagirl (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (29th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013), TraineeHuman (29th September 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

It sounds to me like what you are attracting is an affinity....when we focus on something and somehow internalize it with emotion, it surfaces over and over in our surroundings. This happens to me and I know that I'm attracting affinities. It's like you make an impression within your own inner being and then it appears as an expression in the external world. All of us do this but few of us are actually aware of the impressions we have created.......that's why it's good to impressed the positive as much as you can in this world so you can attract positive affinities.

GLORIA
    Last edited by GloriousPoetry; 28th September 2012 at 22:11.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

Anastasia (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), gaiagirl (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (29th September 2012), Selene (28th September 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

There are many different kinds of psychic abilities. For instance, I happen to have developed, or been born with, a close connection to nature spirits of all kinds. Over half the psychically very skilled people I have known didn’t have this particular ability, at all. There are many kingdoms and varieties and modalities.

I don’t try to “zap” clouds like WCBD. But all my life I’ve been able to get the rain to slow to a drizzle within a few minutes if I’m stuck in the rain without an umbrella. I’ve done this by politely requesting the nature spirits controlling the rain in that area to turn the water volume down for a few minutes along the path I need to go to get to my destination. I suspect I could maybe “zap” clouds successfully, but that’s because I can see the sylphs – the mighty nature spirits of the air, and I can also see the straight lines of energy which they emit down to the ground, and especially to any water surface like a sea or lake. The sylphs themselves usually look like puffy clouds -- shaped roughly like the shape of the Irish continent.

When I say I see (say) lines of energy, I’m sure what’s happening is this. My brain is receiving energies in the electromagnetic spectrum just outside the frequency range of visible light – probably from the infra-red zone. But to me it looks as if I’m actually seeing things in the visible light range.

That’s only one example. I’ve experienced all sorts of psychic abilities for brief periods that I either didn’t have much control over, or didn’t realise I had at all, or that didn’t last. One example is having x-ray vision. Another is looking at a landscape or city or whatever and seeing it as it looked in different times in the past, or will look in the likeliest probable future. Many things like this are natural abilities we all have, or should have – though most people seem to be born with them almost switched off. They sound much more glamorous or wonderful than they really are if you can learn to use them with control – and then they become ordinary. But it takes plenty of work, and practice practice practice, and concentration and specific reflection, before the wild bucking bronco of a psychic ability gets tamed and under your control.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

4evrneo (2nd October 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Chris Gilbert (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (30th September 2012), Selene (29th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

The first step is learning to quiet your mind , and focus on one word. all other thoughts are foreign. No distractions, sounds, phones ringing, tv's , radio, nothing. just be and focus your inner mind on one word for five minutes. I use a candle about two or three feet away , as a focal point, and say the word Sun over and over no other thoughts. This teaches you to quiet your mind and focus, the next steps are up to you. let what happens happen.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

4evrneo (2nd October 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (30th September 2012), lookbeyond (29th September 2012), RunningDeer (29th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013)

26. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    I don’t try to “zap” clouds like WCBD.
    "Zap" clouds was a simple lesson for 10-12 year old kids to experience the power of intention. And how one effects change in their lives through personal beliefs be it positive or negative. It's all about choice.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Carmody (30th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (30th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013)

28. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I noticed that there's a quickening of time from problem to solution, in part because I believe it is possible. And also by developing and use these latent skills (see post #8) that we all are awakening too.

There are those that may not appreciate my simple definition of Kundalini energy. It is nothing more than recognition of and use of our true essence. I’ve come to a place where simplicity is best for my development.

I’ve stripped the mystery out of what we are already. Just get to the business of balancing the mind, body, and spirit. How? It’s up to each individual because we are all unique. Do that and you raise the Kundalini energy, and all else for the Collective.

Continued health and happiness,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer

PS Yes, I may be mixing apples and oranges. Just cross out Kundalini or any other part and replace it with your own word(s). This is what works for me.
    PSS Or better yet, just delete the word, Kundalini! That works.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 29th September 2012 at 21:51.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

4evrneo (2nd October 2012), Eram (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (30th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    There are many different kinds of psychic abilities. For instance, I happen to have developed, or been born with, a close connection to nature spirits of all kinds. Over half the psychically very skilled people I have known didn’t have this particular ability, at all. There are many kingdoms and varieties and modalities.

I don’t try to “zap” clouds like WCBD. But all my life I’ve been able to get the rain to slow to a drizzle within a few minutes if I’m stuck in the rain without an umbrella. I’ve done this by politely requesting the nature spirits controlling the rain in that area to turn the water volume down for a few minutes along the path I need to go to get to my destination. I suspect I could maybe “zap” clouds successfully, but that’s because I can see the sylphs – the mighty nature spirits of the air, and I can also see the straight lines of energy which they emit down to the ground, and especially to any water surface like a sea or lake. The sylphs themselves usually look like puffy clouds -- shaped roughly like the shape of the Irish continent.

When I say I see (say) lines of energy, I’m sure what’s happening is this. My brain is receiving energies in the electromagnetic spectrum just outside the frequency range of visible light – probably from the infra-red zone. But to me it looks as if I’m actually seeing things in the visible light range.

That’s only one example. I’ve experienced all sorts of psychic abilities for brief periods that I either didn’t have much control over, or didn’t realise I had at all, or that didn’t last. One example is having x-ray vision. Another is looking at a landscape or city or whatever and seeing it as it looked in different times in the past, or will look in the likeliest probable future. Many things like this are natural abilities we all have, or should have – though most people seem to be born with them almost switched off. They sound much more glamorous or wonderful than they really are if you can learn to use them with control – and then they become ordinary. But it takes plenty of work, and practice practice practice, and concentration and specific reflection, before the wild bucking bronco of a psychic ability gets tamed and under your control.
    Politely requesting spirits and forces to help do things, while also sending them some of my own energy with a gracious intention as an "offering" to help expediate things, is one of the best methods I've noticed.

I think that for many whose abilities are in "off" mode, or have no recollection of ever having experienced such, they expect that genuine psychic powers would be something very over the top and readily noticeable, similar to how it's portrayed in TV, movies and books. It really isn't like that though, particularly in the beginning it can be quite subtle and doesn't work 100% of the time. It takes a lot of time and practice to develop, and you have to be ready to bit the hard pill of embarrassment and humility when you get things wrong, something most don't have the patience for.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Eram (29th September 2012), RunningDeer (29th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013), TraineeHuman (30th September 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 times in 595 posts

As part of my regular meditation practice I place my awareness (not the same thing as mental concentration) on a point roughly two inches under the navel and slightly within the body.

I received an energetic transmission there though from a Taoist teacher to help "star the fire" of the Dan Tien, so the effects I get from placing my awareness there won't necessarily be the same as others. Still, it's a good point to focus on, it helps ground one's energy.

Other exercises I use are from Franz Bardon's book Initiation into Hermetics , which can be downloaded free online, along with some expanded forms of such created by fellow practitioners.
    Last edited by Chris Gilbert; 29th September 2012 at 17:32.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Eram (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (29th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013)

34. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here’s a useful tool: calibrated through muscle testing. I learned from Dr. David Hawkins’ materials. These day, I go with the gut. It’s nice to have a back up for those times when it’s hard to get out of the silly-mind. This is a great vid. The gentleman goes over at least 11 techniques and how and when to apply.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (29th September 2012), InTheBackground (30th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013), TraineeHuman (1st October 2012)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by kcbc2010 (here)

2. I was out shopping and I (randomly, or so I thought) starting thinking about our old Thunderbird. I realized it was significant because I rarely think about this car, but I didn't connect it to anything going on currently.

It turned out a couple of weeks later, my car died and we had to get another one. Just like years ago, the T-bird died and we had to get another one.
    Hi kcbc2010,

I have stuff like that happen to me all the time.

For instance:
    *I went to work on a bike for months on end, taking a left turn somewhere, which was a blind curve and I took it still racing my bike, until one morning I suddenly began to imagine that it was actually pretty dangerous to take that curve blindly and with that speed. While thinking about it, a motor made the curve, coming toward me, on high speed and we just missed each other.

*When we migrated to Belgium, we had a trailer for transport and one day, I looked out the window, pondering about what a fine trailer it is and what great service it did to us... that night it got stolen.

You see... the warnings are there, but I don't know how to make use of it at that moment.

For me, I guess it has to do with being in my mind too much, but that's just speculation.

In the end, it is what it is and I guess there are moments when you DO have insights in situations that don't come from logic or deduction and you act on them without even thinking about it. That's how it's supposed to happen.

So my take on it would be that you receive an intuitive call, but your mind answers (making a story out of it) instead of the true self.
    Last edited by Eram; 30th September 2012 at 09:22.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Carmody (30th September 2012), InTheBackground (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (29th September 2012), soleil (1st October 2013)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I dont really use any tools for when practising my psychic abilities i basically just use my mind. There were times when i thought i should get a wand to direct energy but ill just use a branch or twig if i need one. The biggest things i ll use is visualization and intention. Be weary of what you imagine, its like everything you think is recorded (akashic records?) and if your being a bad apple it will always find a way back to you, man did i learn that the hard way LoL but thats another story in itself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast