Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Major cyberattack on select US banks

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 times in 324 posts

Default Re: Major cyberattack on select US banks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    A group of hackers calling themselves Izz ad-Din al-Qassam warned the financial industry that it was going to attack in retaliation for the controversial film "The Innocence of Muslims," which provoked outrage across the Muslim world earlier this month.

The U.S. said it suspected that hackers in Iran were also involved.

"This is the first time that we know about, where a Middle Eastern entity, perhaps a Middle Eastern government, has attacked websites, critical infrastructure, in the United States," Clarke said.

Even though hackers have not been able to steal any money during these attacks, authorities say they fear the next generation of wide-scale cyber assaults could be more devastating.

"If they get inside the banks, they can move money around and cause financial chaos," Clarke said.
    My initial reaction to this report is that it smells like a false flag denial of service, intending to spread more fear of Iranians and Muslims amongst Americans.
    Thank you, Paul.
    "AMOR", Familia!

Seek "KNOWLEDGE" from Cradle to the Grave!!! quote, Dr. Malachi Z. York

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PHARAOH For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

If it is your intuition, for me it is my logic that says the same

Quote Spiritguide: My intuition says that mossad might have it's fingers in the pie. IMHO
    totally agree with below. On one hand the movie, to spread hatred in the Middle East(and yet, I don't know how true the protest in Middle East are), on the other hand cyber attacks to spread hatred in the US.

Quote Paul: My initial reaction to this report is that it smells like a false flag denial of service, intending to spread more fear of Iranians and Muslims amongst Americans.[/
    And they are telling us the next move, as usual

Quote Bill quotations: they fear the next generation of wide-scale cyber assaults could be more devastating.
    and this too, one stone many birds, as usual

Quote simple human: an attempt at garnering the support of the populace for "cyber-security" legislation. I'm sure the cabal is working all the angles
    Again one stone, many birds, increase more the sanctions on Iran and blame them for attacking our banks, therefore creating the path of war

Quote Simple Human: Joe Lieberman, who is chairman of the Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, suggests that this was done by Iran and the Qods force in response to the increasingly strong economic sanctions by the United States and it's European allies.
    Once again, it is sooooo predictable that it is almost boring if it weren't for the disaster and suffering that it intends to spread.

How many readers is there on this forum? because in 20 posts, we found the why, what, how and most probably when. The who is supposed to be still hidden... hi hi hi.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (1st October 2012), Lone Bean (28th September 2012), spiritguide (28th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,672 times in 8,595 posts

I agree that this smells like a 'false flag' with designs on incriminating Iran and creating a 'need' for further internet 'security' controls.

As a side note, after all we have learned in the last few years, I struggle to understand why anyone paying attention would still be choosing these particular Banks (Citi, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc.) for regular banking services, when so many smaller, less corrupt places to deposit and manage your monies exist.

I have a mortgage with CitiMortage, but that was not my choice. It was transferred to them by a different institution. I would never use these for credit services by choice either.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), bennycog (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (1st October 2012), Lone Bean (28th September 2012), spiritguide (28th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

This might be a test of the efficacy of the "sleeping pills" we've been force fed. Let's see if it works. Should be interesting.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), Dawn (1st October 2012), fractal being (28th September 2012), Referee (28th September 2012), spiritguide (28th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

I have been researching this a little for my Facebook Group on Bank and Political Corruption. Thanks for your info! I am going to add it to my site.
    http://www.facebook.com/BankAndPolit...cialCorruption

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,541 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    it would be fun to wake up and find $500,000 sitting in my bank account...
    That happened to a friend of mine in the UK about ten years ago. She found she'd had £300,000 (well over half a million dollars) suddenly deposited into her account overnight. She called the bank, and it was a mistake. They were highly embarrassed.

She said the most interesting part of her story was her friends' different reactions(!). Everyone had a different suggestion about what she should have done. (My own suggestion was to have called a lawyer to see if the money was legally hers or not, and whether she would have committed a crime if she had not reported it.)

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

7eagle14 (29th September 2012), A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Davidallany (29th September 2012), Dawn (1st October 2012), Earth Angel (28th September 2012), gaiagirl (28th September 2012), Lettherebelight (28th September 2012), Mike (28th September 2012), mosquito (29th September 2012), ROMANWKT (28th September 2012), RunningDeer (28th September 2012), seko (28th September 2012), spiritguide (28th September 2012), Strat (28th September 2012), ulli (28th September 2012)

12. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 times in 450 posts

xxxxx xxxxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 11:26.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (1st October 2012), Earth Angel (28th September 2012)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

They print it out of thin air Sleepy....

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (1st October 2012)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

xxxxx xxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 11:26.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (1st October 2012)

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 times in 666 posts

Apparentley less than 3% of money is the actual physical folding stuff. The rest is just numbers on computers.

So don't bank on getting all your money in paper form.
    Last edited by Taurean; 28th September 2012 at 14:43.
    Sapere aude

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012)

20. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 times in 395 posts

hmmm this doesn't have much sense.. what sense there is to announce attack before attack? SPECIALLY computer attack.
    only one i see is to spread news about evil muslims. Imagine a boxer in ring who says to opponent: for one minute ill punch you in face, how much sense in that would be? dog which barks doesn't bite ...
    it just smells as scam alot.

Be careful when wandering in the woods... The wolf may approach you... And if you are approached by a solitary wolf... It is not a wolf at all!

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarMar For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), ROMANWKT (28th September 2012), spiritguide (28th September 2012)

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

A group of hackers calling themselves...Izz ad-Din al-Qassam

Any Scrable Players Here?

I got one....Dizziness, oops no E my bad.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Earth Angel (28th September 2012), spiritguide (28th September 2012)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

[xxxxx xxxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 11:27.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), Alecs (29th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Earth Angel (28th September 2012), Kano (28th September 2012), spiritguide (28th September 2012), WhiteFeather (28th September 2012)

26. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Quote Posted by sleepy (here)
    Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    A group of hackers calling themselves...Izz ad-Din al-Qassam

Any Scrable Players Here?

I got one....Dizziness, oops no E my bad.
    If you can get to your money...Would you like to buy a vowel?
    LMAO...Good Punch There!
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Earth Angel (28th September 2012), spiritguide (28th September 2012)

28. Link to Post #35
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by DarMar (here)
    hmmm this doesn't have much sense.. what sense there is to announce attack before attack? SPECIALLY computer attack.
    only one i see is to spread news about evil muslims. Imagine a boxer in ring who says to opponent: for one minute ill punch you in face, how much sense in that would be? dog which barks doesn't bite ...
    it just smells as scam alot.
    Well, yes, it smells. However pre-announcing, when you can deliver on your announcement, can be more intimidating. Imagine Mohammed Ali, in his prime, telling you (assuming you're not a champion heavy weight boxer) or me that he was going to punch you in the face in one minute. That would give us one minute to anticipate in fear having our brains severely punished.

In the case of distributed denial of service attacks, one can reasonably pre-announce such, and still be able to carry out the attacks, as apparently they have done in this case (whoever "they" are.)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), DarMar (28th September 2012), Dawn (1st October 2012), gripreaper (29th September 2012), ROMANWKT (28th September 2012), spiritguide (29th September 2012)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

xxxxx xxxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 11:27.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), genevieve (28th September 2012), Lone Bean (28th September 2012), Referee (28th September 2012), spiritguide (29th September 2012)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    A group of hackers calling themselves Izz ad-Din al-Qassam warned the financial industry that it was going to attack in retaliation for the controversial film "The Innocence of Muslims," which provoked outrage across the Muslim world earlier this month.

The U.S. said it suspected that hackers in Iran were also involved.

"This is the first time that we know about, where a Middle Eastern entity, perhaps a Middle Eastern government, has attacked websites, critical infrastructure, in the United States," Clarke said.

Even though hackers have not been able to steal any money during these attacks, authorities say they fear the next generation of wide-scale cyber assaults could be more devastating.

"If they get inside the banks, they can move money around and cause financial chaos," Clarke said.
    My initial reaction to this report is that it smells like a false flag denial of service, intending to spread more fear of Iranians and Muslims amongst Americans.
    My thoughts exactly. Strap in everyone, the ride is about to begin.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by sleepy (here)
    I was just searching some articles regarding the "attack" and this sentance stood out in this article.

"In the event of insolvency, duress or bankruptcy, the banks could use customer secured funds to assist them in repaying debts and loans. Currently Bank of America (BoA) has sold off portions of their domestic assets to secure capitol while Citigroup has followed suit."

http://occupycorporatism.com/mega-ba...-cyber-attack/
    Well, isn't that convenient?

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (28th September 2012), spiritguide (29th September 2012), write4change (29th September 2012)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member OBwan's Avatar
    Thanks

A group calling itself the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Cyber Fighters claimed responsibility per the article listed below. Their response was caused by the movie insulting the Islamic prophet Muhammad. From this story’s perspective, it was not a false flag.

By E. Scott Reckard
    September 25, 2012, 9:31 p.m.

A day of disruptions in Wells Fargo & Co.'s electronic banking operations apparently was the latest in a series of cyber attacks that disrupted online operations at Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co.

A computer security expert blamed massive denial of service attacks, in which perpetrators overwhelm computer servers with communications demands, causing networks to seize up or slow down.

In a posting at Pastebin.com, a group calling itself the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Cyber Fighters claimed responsibility for last week’s outages at Bank of America, Citi, and JPMorgan before hitting Wells Fargo. It said it would attack U.S. Bancorp on Wednesday and PNC Financial Services Thursday.

The posting said the attacks would continue until a video insulting the Islamic prophet Muhammad was removed from the Internet. But computer security expert Dmitri Alperovitch, who has been investigating the attacks, said it could not be determined whether that was the actual motivation.

The posting "appears to be accurate in terms of predicting future attacks," said Alperovitch, co-founder of the security firm CrowdStrike Inc. "But I wouldn't necessarily take at face value any of its claims about attribution or the video."

"It is indeed a very large denial of service attack," Alperovitch said in an email to The Times.

The long-lasting outages at Wells drew cries of distress from many of the bank's 21 million online customers and 8.5 million mobile banking users.

"Hey, @wellsfargo.com, what's up with the website?" one disgruntled customer complained on Twitter. "GoDaddy being down is one thing. You guys being down is an entirely different thing."

The San Francisco company prides itself on being the first bank in the nation to have provided online account access, and Global Finance magazine last month named Wells the best bank offering online account access for the third year in a row.

The bank responded with apologies online, saying it was working to resolve the problems. It offered no details on how many people had been affected and, as of 9 p.m., provided no estimate of when it might have its online services restored.

"We apologize to customers who may be experiencing intermittent access issues to wellsfargo.com and online banking," the bank said in an email to The Times. "We are working to quickly resolve this issue. Customers can still access their accounts through our ATMs, stores and by phone."

Wells Fargo technology and operations spokeswoman Sara Hawkins declined to elaborate.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,1876507.story

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OBwan For This Post:

Alecs (29th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), ROMANWKT (28th September 2012)

36. Link to Post #39
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

"That would give us one minute to anticipate in fear having our brains severely punished." - Paul. Absolutely a great distraction.

""In the event of insolvency, duress or bankruptcy, the banks could use customer secured funds to assist them in repaying debts and loans. Currently Bank of America (BoA) has sold off portions of their domestic assets to secure capitol while Citigroup has followed suit." - Sleepy

According to a Rolling Stone article on Mitt Romney, this is exactly how he made his millions. A business consultant, maybe he's saving B of A right now. They just laid off over ten thousand people...stock goes up for the third quarterly report! I'm sure their business consultant walked off with a huge fee, or the year end bonuses were signed and sealed.

Just a shaving off the tip of the ice berg I'm sure...

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), modwiz (28th September 2012), ROMANWKT (28th September 2012), spiritguide (29th September 2012)

38. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 times in 666 posts

Latest

Quote PayPal hit by 'technical issues' over security checks
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19756523
    Sapere aude

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

A Simple Human (28th September 2012), CdnSirian (29th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (28th September 2012), spiritguide (29th September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast