+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coral Castle Debunked?--Interesting but not Anti-Gravity Perhaps

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Thumbs up Coral Castle Debunked?--Interesting but not Anti-Gravity Perhaps

Found this yesterday on the http://pesn.com/2012/09/27/9602196_C...but_not_Magic/

Coral Castle

How could one man, 5 foot tall and barely 100 pounds excavate, shape, and hoist hundreds of massive coral blocks, the largest weighing 28 tons, into a structure by himself? This mystery has intrigued people, drawing visitors from all over the world. But the truth is much less intriguing, though still impressive.
    By Sterling D. Allan: Pure Energy Systems News

On the way home from my "Scouting for Free Energy Technologies in Europe" trip, I stopped through Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, to check out a couple of technologies.

One is a thermal electric technology. It was the primary reason my stop in Florida was scheduled. But unfortunately, the inventor, Carlos Avila Rivera, was busy with investors and couldn't break away. He promised to come to Salt Lake later to demonstrate it to me there.

So as a good second option, I hoped to stop by Blue World Crete, which turns municipal solid waste into building materials, while also eliminating their toxicity. But a conflict of interest was discovered at the last minute, and we had to cancel that visit.

While in town, my hosts, Fred and Zuri Hart, took me to Coral Castle in Miami.

The mystique has been strong around this structure built by Ed Leedskalnin, who was love struck by a gal who didn't reciprocate his affection, so he built a monument to her, using huge pieces of Coral, the largest weighing 28 tons.
    And he supposedly built it by himself -- at night, so no one could discover how he did it -- a feat that is phenomenal for anyone. That he was only 5 feet tall and weighed a mere 100 pounds, increases the mystique. Allegedly, no one knows how he accomplished this; and this mystery is increased by his statement to the effect, "I think I have figured out how they built the pyramids." There is even a legend about some witnesses to his having levitated the stones.

Also on the premises is an odd looking device that some speculate could have been an all-magnet motor, possibly involved in the levitation work.

A plethora of Masonic symbolism, and Ed's involvement with the Masons, expands the imagination further into the possibility that some kind of forgotten occult practices were used as well.

An inscription on the second floor door is thought to have been some kind of hint he left for people to be able to figure out how he accomplished the seemingly impossible.

It turns out that every one of these mysteries has a very boring answer, and the reason Ed milked the mystique was that it brought business in the form of curious visitors, who each plunked down ten cents (worth a lot more back then) for the privilege. He was probably even more motivated by the awe that people exhibited as they marveled at how any man could do what he did.

How do I know this?

First, near the end of our tour, our guide, James T. Miller, mentioned a few things that got us curious, so we got to asking around, and in doing a follow-up interview with James to post to YouTube, as well as some additional probing, we got a lot of great information. James said he has post-graduate degrees and has been a lawyer for 33 years and a historian and college professor. He does all his own research. "What I say at the Coral Castle is not a script. I have complete freedom to say whatever I want."

One guide kept prefacing what he said with, "I'm not supposed to be saying this," and "don't tell anyone I told you this."

The Coral Castle museum would loose its draw if people knew what we were being told. Not good for business, especially if the business is based on myth.

What magician tells his audience how he does his tricks?

The problem is that people don't consider Coral Castle a magic show. They often consider it a display by someone who figured out how to get around the forces of gravity.

If Ed truly had mastered levitation, then why did it take him 20 years to build the structure?

What is the truth about Coral Castle?

First, let me tell you a little about our tour guide and his qualifications.

Note the wedge marks along the edges of the stone.
    He has lived in the area all his life, and became intrigued by the castle as a child. He has also worked with the extraction of large stone, so he has physical experience with the processes. He's also talked to several local people who were witnesses of the building of the structure, and he has done research about the structure and legends.

In the tour, he showed us photos of Ed hoisting the stones via a block and tackle apparatus, with heavy chains and three posts in a tripod. "Give me a lever long enough and I could move the world," is a famous quote by Archimedes. Do a Google image search on Ed Leedskalnin and block and tackle. This method was pioneered in Latvia where Ed emigrated from.

James has talked to people who remember seeing Ed using the block and tackle. And they remember him building during the day some times.

As for horizontal movement, James referred to a website: http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/ It features a carpenter by the name of W.T. Wallington from Flint, Michigan, who has demonstrated the ability to move very heavy objects horizontally by himself using simple methods.

With modern equipment, it's hard for us to fathom such feats, but before that equipment was available, clever people came up with ways to use leverage and pivot to move large objects.

The primary reason Ed built at night at first was that it is very hot during the day. I'm guessing that later on, as the mystique grew, that he fostered the mystique the best he could.

As for the legend that people saw Ed levitating stones, a local policeman shed light on that one. He said that Ed had problems with kids breaking in at night, to spy on him. When the policeman showed up to question some kids one night, they didn't want to get in trouble, so with theatrical faces, they said something to the effect that they had seen Ed levitating the stones. The officer, who knew how Ed moved the stones, rolled his eyes, and shoed them away.

As for the writing on the door posts on the second floor, that was actually a common practice for immigrants in the area at the time. In order to secure their immigration number, they would write it on the door post. The numbers on Ed's stone post are consistent with that.

The magnet motor contraption was nothing more than a very crude electric generator with copper coils (now absent) that powered two small lights, nothing more. It only worked as long as the generator was turning, which probably didn't happen very often because of its weight.

James pointed out the markings on the rock where Ed had used metal slats to pound into the rock to split it from the base. You chip away the vertical sides, then excavate a place large enough next to the stone to pound the iron slats in. James pointed to the iron slats on display and noted their pointed edge on one side and hammered edge on the opposite side. James himself has used that method. It is standard practice when you don't have explosives.

And the shaping of the rocks was done by a chain with a cutting edge on it. This is also standard practice.

As for the large pivoting door that you could turn with just one finger (Both Jim and Fred remember doing that years ago, before the bearings gave out), which people marvel at how Ed might have balanced that so well, James knows someone who did a 1-ton replica to illustrate the process. You find the center of gravity and drive in a post, then you remove stone from either side until it is balanced, then you place the side posts so they fit.

Learning all this, the biggest question is why someone would do this, other than to make a point that it could be done. He certainly was not introducing advanced technology that some day someone will unfold to bring gravity modification to the masses.

So, when Ed says he thinks he's figured out how the pyramids were made, he's referring to tripods, block and tackle, fulcrum leverage, etc -- all largely forgotten technology to us today.

I must mention that to their credit, one of the fliers that the museum gave us upon entrance does talk about block and tackle, but they make it sound like the fame of the facility is despite that. I would argue that the fame is largely due to people thinking something more exotic than that was used. I can tell you that I would not have bothered to show up if I knew beforehand that block and tackle were used.

http://pesn.com/2012/09/27/9602196_C...but_not_Magic/
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Atlas (22nd March 2017), Axman (28th September 2012), Ba-ba-Ra (28th September 2012), Fred Steeves (28th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (28th September 2012), Lazlo (29th September 2012), meat suit (28th September 2012), nurgle (29th September 2012), RMorgan (28th September 2012), sdv (29th September 2012), spiritguide (28th September 2012), therinkydinktink (28th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Default Re: Coral Castle Debunked?--Interesting but not Anti-Gravity Perhaps

Thanks for this WhiteFeather. What it made me realize was something about myself. At first I was disappointed, - and I realized that there is a part of me that wants these things to be magical. Hmm, must thing about that.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

GlassSteagallfan (29th September 2012), nurgle (29th September 2012), WhiteFeather (28th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,060 times in 909 posts

Quote Posted by Ba-ba-Ra (here)
    Thanks for this WhiteFeather. What it made me realize was something about myself. At first I was disappointed, - and I realized that there is a part of me that wants these things to be magical. Hmm, must thing about that.
    I can relate to that, I know how you are feeling..... if you commit to the truth , whatever that may , it becomes easy to let go of those mysteries as soon as they get debunked....

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (28th September 2012), nurgle (29th September 2012), WhiteFeather (28th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

Interesting tale.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th September 2012), WhiteFeather (28th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by meat suit (here)
    Quote Posted by Ba-ba-Ra (here)
    I can relate to that, I know how you are feeling..... if you commit to the truth , whatever that may , it becomes easy to let go of those mysteries as soon as they get debunked....
    I've looked into this quite a bit and think the http://pesn.com/2012/09/27/9602196_C...but_not_Magic/ is a bunch of crap, but perhaps I am enamored with mystisizm myself..

however, I think not, as careful experimentation & reading of Ed's book "Magnetic Current" will show you that he understands things about "electricity" (it should not even be called that as there is a high probability that there are no such thing as electrons) that almost no one understands to this day, in fact if you search this very forum you will find a member : 7redorbs that understands this much more htan I and is conducting exciting experiments that could lead to some interesting devices.

Look again at the block and tackle set up, do you think those wooden pools could support 10 tons of weight? what is that strange box on top of the tripod? why is there a wire coming from the box that is looped around the stone block?

if it really took him twenty years to build the castle, how was he able to relocate it in a matter of weeks?

many and more questions on this topic, none of which were answered in the link provided (at least not to my satisfaction).
    Last edited by TargeT; 28th September 2012 at 20:42.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (28th September 2012), conk (23rd March 2017), Fred Steeves (28th September 2012), Gardener (28th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (29th September 2012), Mark (28th September 2012), meat suit (29th September 2012), WhiteFeather (28th September 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

There's a lot of debunking going on these days, be careful how quickly you buy into it. Go to The Coral Castle yourselves like I have, and look at it again. Ed didn't start his project, move it, and then start over, just to pull cheap hocus pocus acts for handfulls of dimes. Same as it was surely no accident as to the ley line intersection he was honing in on to build, at precisely the right point.

Recognize that one?

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 4914
Size:  11.9 KB

Cheers,
    Fred

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

At 1:45 of this video this device looks similiar to Ed 's tripod device as well as the image enclosed below. Hence The Barbury Castle (Crop Circle) Tetrahedron. Please have a gander Let me know what you think. Would like some elaboration on the possibility of the use of electromagnetics from this design. Please check out below link as well.

Another example of this 'energy machine' evolving from crop circles is currently being studied in Oklahoma. In 1991, Chris Hardeman was watching a televised image of the Barbury Castle tetrahedron, a design that haunted him ever since. "While taking a course on modern physics at the University of Central Oklahoma it became apparent that electromagnetic radiation and gravitation are correlated. It was then that I remembered the Barbury design and realized the cavities of the Barbury crop circle could be microwave resonators, and the design was in fact a machine - an electromagnetic device with the ability to accumulate a huge resonating standing wave field." Hardeman then learned of the work of Canadian John Hutchinson, who, by using Tesla coils to generate standing-wave patterns in free space, has succeeded in levitating objects up to the weight of a cannon ball (see John Hutchison- "The Hutchison Effect", Electric Spacecraft Journal, No.4 (Oct/Nov/Dec 1991), Leicester, NC

http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/technology.html
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 28th September 2012 at 21:29.

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Cartomancer (29th September 2012), Gardener (28th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (29th September 2012), gooty64 (28th September 2012), Mark (28th September 2012), TargeT (28th September 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Amysenthia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 times in 372 posts

Hi Whitefeather,

Thanks for the update. I guess I fall in the camp too of those that wish that he did have the secret anti-gravity device from Egypt in the black box.

However, I think the really magical and unexplainable thing is that he built this labor intensive garden for a woman that he only hoped to marry. How I long for the days of such chivalry. This type of behavior from a man that only hopes to be with a woman is amazing to me, and the what I consider to be the greatest of feats.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Cartomancer (29th September 2012), Gardener (28th September 2012), WhiteFeather (28th September 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Coral Castle Debunked?--Interesting but not Anti-Gravity Perhaps

Im enclosing this wonderful piece of work here. Re: The Barbury Castle (CC) solved. Please read this Pdf. Incredible material IMO.
    http://www.theonelightgroup.com/arti...buryCastle.pdf
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 28th September 2012 at 21:47.

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Amysenthia (28th September 2012), Gardener (28th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (29th September 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Amysenthia (here)
    However, I think the really magical and unexplainable thing is that he built this labor intensive garden for a woman that he only hoped to marry. How I long for the days of such chivalry. This type of behavior from a man that only hopes to be with a woman is amazing to me, and the what I consider to be the greatest of feats.
    unfortunately I think his "sweet 16" was code for something else, not a woman at all, perhaps the moon some postulate.

the desire for chilvalry & mystisicm are equaly blinding; perhaps I (and the rest) are wrong about the code and you are right
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Cartomancer (29th September 2012), Gardener (28th September 2012), GlassSteagallfan (29th September 2012), Luis Filipe (17th March 2013), WhiteFeather (28th September 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Im enclosing this wonderful piece of work here. Re: The Barbury Castle (CC) solved. Please read this Pdf. Incredible material IMO.
    Thanks Whitefeather for trying to give us some magic back!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

GlassSteagallfan (29th September 2012), WhiteFeather (28th September 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amysenthia (here)
    Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Thanks Whitefeather for trying to give us some magic back!

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

23. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Amysenthia (28th September 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

NICE!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Cartomancer (29th September 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 times in 376 posts

A couple of points. to share.IMHO If Ed had used conventional techniques to move these stones It surely would be no mystery.

I have moved a few heavy stones myself (small compared to these ) using only levers and cribbage. This takes lots of time. Not sure how he could keep this under wraps.

I remember reading Ed moved the castle to a new location and hired flatbed trucks to transport the stones.

One driver reported coming back to his parked trailer early. Perplexed he found it already loaded with some massive stones.

Loading these massive stones would require a lot of help and time. Not sure how he kept it a secret in two locations?

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

I believe Ed Leedskalnin built Coral Castle to be in the specific spot it is. It is meant to be a talisman associated with St. Peter's Square and The Dome of the Rock. Ed searched out this specific spot on the earth to build this. His home in Lativa also has a similar spatial association with St. Peter's. He is a trained stonemason from Riga. These alignments are all about the power of prayer. All of the early Spanish and Portuguese Pilots displayed the same knowledge that Ed had. None of it involves levitating stones. He set up Coral Castle to measure the pole star and equinox' just like Ancient Monuments and later the Georgia Guidestones. Here's a video I made on why this is true.

Ed specifically searched out this area in which to built Coral Castle. If you build it they will come.................

Last edited by Cartomancer; 29th September 2012 at 21:17.

28. Link to Post #16
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member Luis Filipe's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi people, I hope this can help us understand this simple mistery.

Come on everybody, the thing is easy to do, we just have to see the details and know where to look. I dont know how he did it but, if we get together we will surely discover how!!!

Peace to all of us!!!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luis Filipe For This Post:

Atlas (22nd March 2017), RMorgan (17th March 2013)

30. Link to Post #17
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Eds Coral Castle Quarry and Flywheel, Engineering Mystery Solved

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Ewan (23rd March 2017), Olaf (23rd March 2017)

+ Reply to Thread