+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 4 10 LastLast

Thread: Smoking Marijuana - thoughts?

1. Link to Post #61
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Smoking Marijuana - thoughts?

Quote Posted by confused (here)
    TargeT, I sincerely appreciate your post. It really starts to get toward what I want to discuss with this thread, even if I don't agree with you.

So, I'm definately not depressed! =) I don't really understand where you could have gotten that from my post. I am just suspicious of my smoking habbit. I am very happy with life and generally in good spirits. My wife is a clinical social worker who deals with mental health issues and we've discussed my addiciton numerous times.
    You seem to enjoy life high more than not, this is typical of self medication and often for low level depression.. I'm not working with very much info so I very probably missed the mark there

Also, I work out 3-5 times a week for ~2 hours each session. I stay in great shape. And my wife also makes sure that almost our entire diet is organic with lots and lots of veggies.

I guess I can agree with you about the guilty pleasure thing. That may be a big part of it. But when you start smoking on the way to work in a hospital setting, before meetings, before working out, before going to your classes and taking exams, when you wake up and before you go to bed, and all of that after swearing to god you won't the night before - I think you can start to call that an addiciton rather than a habbit.
    I don't want to sound disparaging or like I'm attacking you in anyway, but I think you could stop if you really wanted to; perhaps you need to do some mental exercises and get in touch with your personal power; you can LITTERALY do ANYTHING you put your mind to, we are AMAZING beings that have been lead astray; we treat the visceral pleasures and urges of our bodies like they are all controlling, when we are the ones in control, we either choose to do something or do not. Often when experiencing cognitive dissonance on an issue we will blame shift (for example you perhaps feel that your habit is viewed in a bad light (which it is by a lot of people) and that social pressure causes you to question your decision (not openly) and you end up blaming addiction to resolve the dissonance.. the mind is a very slippery thing, hard to pin down why we do anything we do as so many layers and constructs placed on us influence us in ways that we do not even realize without deep inner reflection.

since you cannot be physically addicted to this substance I suggest you look inward to find out why you are "at odds" with yourself (cognitive dissonance)

Also, you can genetically modify any DNA and have that continue to other generations, regardless of any new strains created. Genetic modification does not imply that each successive generation will be clones of the pervious - just that you have added genes from another species. And those new genes continue on no matter how many new strains you create. New strains are not new species, they just express different genes in the same species DNA - for example, broccoli and brussel sprouts are the same species of plant (Brassica oleracea) that have been selectively bred to express different genes from the same DNA set. It is just as easy to genetically modify weed as anything else. Just because someone else will create a new strain from your GM weed does not mean it will lose that new gene that was inserted. It may or may not, depending on what chromosomes get passed on, but you can just insert the gene into both sets of chromosomes to make sure it gets passed on no matter which homologous chromosome gets passed to the next generation.

My original post though was less about my addiction, and more about whether people here perceive weed as a good or bad, or both, and why?

perhaps my use of "strain" should have been closer to "species", do some research on this, the plant is truely amazing and I question its origins... did you know it has a heat signature?

what you suggest could be true, but it would be hard to do as the "underground" nature (at least in the USA) causes a lot of trading seeds between growers, there's little to no injected or commercial seed sources so I think the risk is very low, but it is possible.

I would say my over all view on the substance is it is good, but it is probably best used recreationally in moderation (like everything). I find it excellent at diverse concept correlation, something that helps break the pattern of thought that western civilization has imposed on most of us.

Quote Posted by Midnight Rambler (here)
    Yes it has quadrupled ( I know what it means btw). If you compare the stuff they had in the seventies to the stuff they grow in Holland nowadays.

Have you ever smoked the Dutch weed Target? I See a lot of Spanish tourist and they smoke a lot of weed in Spain, but they are not used to the Dutch stuff.

And your explanation of why I feel paranoid when smoking weed is just ignorant btw.
    Yes, I have been to the cafe's in Amsterdam, but I grew up on the west coast where MOVIES are made about the weed grown there (Humboldt county etc...) and now live in Alaska that (for some reason) is semi famous as well.

perhaps my explanation of why you feel paranoid is ignorant, but lets be constructive here eh? offer a counter point please?

Perhaps paranoia comes from slightly enhanced sensory perception (or greatly enhanced.. haha) which is a lot for the mind to handle? I was only ever paranoid while smoking in my parents’ house & perhaps I projected my situation on you.

Thanks for this info. I agree I should definately do more research on this plant. Problem is where to look?
    the internet is a wonderful place, though i suggest spesificaly looking at "growers forums" as they have the hands own knowledge that is more "organic".

example:
    www.grasscity.com/
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Cjay (30th September 2012), Holly Lindin (1st November 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), soleil (6th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

For me its all about moderation. Cannabis has many medicinal and healing properties. Anything can be abused, Food, prescription drugs,alcohol
    you name it. I would suggest that you try doing some of your daily activities wirhout any smoke. Use it has reward for completing a hard day at work or home.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Cjay (30th September 2012), DeDukshyn (29th September 2012), GaelVictor (29th September 2012), Kindred (14th October 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), Nanoo Nanoo (4th October 2012), Padmé (13th May 2013), TargeT (28th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

As Graham Hancock would say, its all good as long as the plant is serving you and you are not serving the plant.
    To avoid falling into that trap, you need to use it for the right reasons.
    If you use it to self medicate and numb yourself from the world as it is too difficult to live, then you will most certainly serve the plant.
    I have had that experience but no more.
    I can now use it for creative purposes and spirit work but only in a sacred way.
    Its easier said than done and takes trial and error!

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

annacherie (9th October 2012), centreoflight (11th October 2012), Cjay (30th September 2012), danceblackcatdance (29th September 2012), DeDukshyn (29th September 2012), jagman (28th September 2012), Kindred (14th October 2012), Laurel (29th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), Padmé (13th May 2013), soleil (6th December 2012), TargeT (28th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,854 times in 21,553 posts

This thread is technically in violation of the Forum Guidelines, which state:
    Discussions that involve drugs and other intoxicating substances ... will not be tolerated.
    Admittedly, we have not strictly enforced that guideline in the past, however we do intend that discussion of (illegal) drugs not be a significant topic on this forum.

I have moved this thread to the Off-Topic sub-forum, where it is no longer visible to guests, and we reserve the right to close this thread, and other such threads, in the future.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Cjay (29th September 2012), donk (28th September 2012), jagman (28th September 2012), Kindred (14th October 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), TargeT (28th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Sorry Paul, i contributed as I thought it was more about addiction than the drug itself...turns out I was wrong. My feelings won't be hurt if my post is deleted...

10. Link to Post #66
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

So, I was wondering what people here thought about smoking marijuana these days. I mean these days due to the fact that weed is no longer what it was 30-40 years ago. It has changed, it has been selectively bred, perhaps even genetically modified, and it may or may not be beneficial or harmful in a way that it previously was not. I would really appreciate the opinion of people in this community. My interest stems from my own use and the influence it has had on my life.

I have been smoking weed regulalry for over a decade. I have realized over the past few years that I am definately an addict. Yes, this is true, you can be addicted to marijuana. I have seen it in a number of my friends, and I am at a point now where it will be incredibly difficult to stop for any prolonged period of time. It is not a physical addiction that induces serious withdrawal, but rather a mental/emotional and habitual one that had definately affects on my mood and desires.

I don't know if it is a positive or negative thing in my life. It has helped me open my eyes to many different things, from the NWO agenda to things about myself. Many of the great leaps in my understanding of the world, reality, and my maturity and character that have occured over the past 13 years began with a realization when I was high. I become much more aware of myself, my surroundings, my relationships, and many of the things I am doing right and wrong that I have a difficulty recognizing when I am sober. I am more intuned with my body. I am a much nicer and more relaxed person when I am high. As such, I have definitely grown positively in a large part due to weed. Even my wife who hates that I smoke and how it can control me admits that she likes me better when I am high.

At the same time, I am now very addicted. I have learned to be productive while high doing pretty much anything so I work out high, I study high, I even go to work high. But there is a definite loss of productivity that may not be recognizable to others but is to me. Also, I am concerned about the possible control factor involved - after all of these years, have TPTB modified weed to act in their favor? Is it all a part of their plan? Have they added chemicals to it that create certain effects they want in the population, or that may cause serious illnesses later in life? Is it like a trojan horse? Is there a negative spiritual element to it? It definately makes me less ambitious but I am not entirely sure that is a bad thing.

I am very interested in what other think about these points and whether there are others here with similar experiences that may be struggling with this like I am.

I have done extensive study into " addiction " and what i have found is this.

Drugs are not addictive. The change they produce is.

Deconstructing this further what is the mode you are trying to alter? Is it boredom? Or is it anxiety?

If you choose boredom, then your use is more to do with your direction.

If it is Anxiety then its more to do with not liking the way you handled situations in the past.

Choose one, then choose an antidote.

N

11. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

Great subject.

I too am a pot smoker. Have been for over 45 years. Not everyday, but often during the week.. Am I addicted? I don't think I am. I can go for several days without smoking weed and don't feel any ill effects from not smoking. It is something I enjoy. I don't drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. I take good care of myself. Am healthy and have a great attitude about life. While high....things just seem to be okay...no matter what is going on in my life. I am a very successful artist and have run a business full time for 25 years, I have a great family (some of which are also smokers) They never have a problem with it. They are also very successful in their life and they have families that are very happy. I never let it get in my way. I have seen the effects on several of my friends that are suffering from different ailments and it really helps them thru the down times they experience. Does it cure? I am going to say that it doesn't cure the illness...it just puts you in a very good frame of mind to be able to deal with your illness.....after all...you are the cure.

There is a saying amongst pot smokers when dealing with those that are against it without knowing why..."what the hell do they know...they don't get high"!

I also know that the potency of pot has certainly changed since I started it back then. We just had old brown mexican weed then....you had to smoke a bunch of it just to get high. I get my supply directly from people that grow it in an organic manner so I know what I am getting.

Here is an example of how many people smoke pot. Ask any smoker how many people they know that smokes weed. Usually the answer is between 2 and 30. Ok...say you take that number and make it 10. You have overlaps in the number because you count them and they count you. So....if that 10 knows 10 more and that 10 knows 10 more.....it's like double a penny everyday thing and you end up with a huge amount of people that smoke weed

Just my take however......

Jackson

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

centreoflight (11th October 2012), danceblackcatdance (29th September 2012), DeDukshyn (1st November 2012), Fred Steeves (5th December 2012), Holly Lindin (1st November 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), TargeT (29th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #68
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

For a legal alternative to illegal or harmful substances I would suggest pure Kava Kava root from Hawaii (or other locations); this is much better for you than alcohol; do your own research
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

danceblackcatdance (29th September 2012), Holly Lindin (1st November 2012), jagman (28th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012)

15. Link to Post #69
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Discussions that involve drugs and other intoxicating substances ... will not be tolerated.
    Admittedly, we have not strictly enforced that guideline in the past, however we do intend that discussion of (illegal) drugs not be a significant topic on this forum.

I have moved this thread to the Off-Topic sub-forum, where it is no longer visible to guests, and we reserve the right to close this thread, and other such threads, in the future.
    Sorry Paul. I was not aware, although I guess I should have been. I can probably find another forum for this topic....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to confused For This Post:

Mad Hatter (10th October 2012)

17. Link to Post #70
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Getting high with Cannabis was very good for me. VERY good. Not as good as LSD or MDMA, for mind expansion but still good.

Being a regular Cannabis user, has NOT been very good for me. I still enjoy it, but that which was to be gained has already been gained, thus habit remains.

Cannabis is NOT physically addictive at all. Take this from someone who has had a cigarette addiction and got over it. Trying to quite pot and trying to quite smoking are NOT even close to the same thing - not at all.

Cannabis IS psychologically addictive -- which means it is still habit forming, but quitting doesn't come with much withdrawal -- just a bit of a mental one. (for me there is three days of adjustment then I'm good to go without)

I can see the detriment of regular use in myself. While not that bad, it is still not good. I think that occasional use it where it is at if your are going to continue as a user.

So, in my 2 cents as someone with experience; it is not bad but if greatness is required, one cannot be a regular user -- this is my opinion. I also see how it interferes with my ability to meditate properly and as deeply as I'd like.

Just my 2 cents.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

centreoflight (11th October 2012), danceblackcatdance (29th September 2012), Finefeather (29th September 2012), jagman (29th September 2012), lookbeyond (29th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), RMorgan (1st October 2012), spiritwind (29th September 2012)

19. Link to Post #71
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)

I'd like to see a poll on whether the topic of hemp / cannabis should be outlawed on Avalon. Considering the way and reasons that prohibition was extended over Cannabis and for the reasons we all know, and considering the vast covered up medicinal uses of THC, and considering the awakening that mind altering substances often induce, I say cannabis should NOT be off limits.

There's a difference between starting a thread on how to make a better bong (this thread is a bit shy of that and I see why you made your comment Paul), and the discussions of the nature that these topics bring out on Avalon. (just browse all threads related on drugs to see what I mean - members have done an awesome job of self moderation on this issue - from what I have seen). I suggest perhaps we make some distinctions here and absolve the generalizations that only serve control structures.

My 2 cents like it or hate it

EDIT: Actually, second thought - no poll needed. The current process works. Got caught up in reacting.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 29th September 2012 at 01:42.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

centreoflight (11th October 2012), Holly Lindin (1st November 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), PHARAOH (29th September 2012), Star Tsar (18th October 2012), TargeT (29th September 2012)

21. Link to Post #72
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

I am not a cannabis user. In my life I've tried it 3 times. As those around me became relaxed and cozy, I didn't. All that happened was a kind of washed out feeling clouded my brain (more physical than mental) and I had some visual distortion. To me this was unpleasant. It was like a painless migraine. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

The only positive was that my feet were no longer cold...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heartsong For This Post:

DeDukshyn (29th September 2012), jagman (29th September 2012), lookbeyond (29th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012)

23. Link to Post #73
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

People can smoke or drink or inject anything they want, but the way I see it, if you need to anything like that to make yourself feel better or life appear better, to relax or numb pain, or to expand your mind, then it seems more like a weakness to depend on any substance to achieve that.
    No problem so much with purely recreational use of some things, in moderation, not something to keep you high or drunk etc for almost every day or hour.

For cannabis, its not really that harmful (if at all) unless you smoke it, studies have been done showing it in its purest form, is less dangerous than a cigarette you get from shop, they really fill them with substances, and get worse the cheaper you go in many countries.
    Not got much problem with it myself, if it were to be legalised, in the the UK for example, it should regulated quite heavily from the start, otherwise we'd end up with the whole corporations taking it over and having a huge monopoly and control. Have to have limited number of suppliers and growers so they can be easily monitored to not start putting in anything that would make people addicted.
    Although having said that, maybe would be more ideal to move away from any need to take drugs or such, humanity probably needs to evolve a bit more yet though.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eni-al For This Post:

jagman (29th September 2012), lookbeyond (29th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012)

25. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Quote Posted by Midnight Rambler (here)
    the THC percentage has quadrupled over the last 40 years or so.
    Nonsense. What makes people think the marijuana today is stronger than it used to be is either based on prohibitionist propaganda or an opinion of someone who did not encounter a super-strong variety in their youth.
    I urge everyone to read this book - The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer - available free online here. This book is exceptionally well researched, well written and a real eye-opener for everyone, no matter what your opinions are on the subject.

In my opinion, based on everything I have experienced, observed and researched over the last 35 years, Jack Herer didn't go nearly far enough in exposing the corruption behind marijuana prohibition. The corrupt cabal, who created and maintain the prohibition of marijuana in most of the world, earn trillions of dollars per year because of prohibition. The CIA, police, etc. are known (not just rumoured) to be the biggest drug dealers in the world.

The war on drugs is a farce and extremely profitable in so many different ways. Pharmaceutical medicine kills millions worldwide every year. There has never been a recorded case of anyone dying from a marijuana overdose.
    There are approximately 3,000 different varieties of cannabis that have been documented and possibly thousands more that have not been documented. Different varieties provide very different effects. The strongest marijuana I ever smoked was when I was 18 (I'm now 51) and at that time in my life, I had a very high tolerance from smoking a lot in quantity and lot of different varieties. One batch I had was so strong, it frightened me, so I gave away all I had of that particular variety. One "toke" was more than enough. Two tokes was way too much. Three tokes would put me to sleep for hours, even if I wasn't tired. Since then, I have never had any marijuana that potent.

I have a love-hate relationship with cannabis.

I love it for everything recreational, medical and industrial varieties can do for our physical, mental and spiritual health. I love it for the fun times, the feelings of euphoria, relaxation, escapism, heightened awareness, creativity and so on. I love it for everything "industrial hemp" (varieties with less than 1% THC) can do for the planet and everything that can made from hemp - literally over 50,000 products today. I enjoy sampling different varieties of cannabis, similar to people who enjoy sampling many different wines. I seldom drink alcohol - usually less than once per month.
    For anyone interested in learning more about the medical benefits, you might like to read the information on this site:
    http://www.medme.ca/en/index.html - the largest medical marijuana dispensary, licensed by Health Canada.

"Dr. Todd's List" is a list of approximately 500 ailments that can be successfully treated with marijuana:
    http://www.mcsocal.com/docs/chronic_conditions_treated_with_cannabis.pdf

Marijuana (if not abused) makes people healthy. Pharmaceutical "medicines" make people sick. There have been over 25,000 published scientific/clinical studies of cannabis - if you are interested, the information is very easy to find - yet the corrupt control-freaks in government insist we have not done enough study. That's no surprise at all because they are on the payroll of big pharma whose multi-trillion dollars in sales would plummet if marijuana became legal again worldwide.

In fact, marijuana IS entirely legal (or legal with a doctor's prescription) in many parts of the world, including 14 states of USA and Washington DC. How ironic is that? The US Federal government created the prohibition, spread the prohibition around the world (via the corrupt United Nations) and fight so hard to maintain the prohibition for their corrupt puppet-masters. The same applies to Australia's national capital where it is legal to grow six plants per adult. It wouldn't look good if our federal politicians got charged for breaking the laws they help to maintain.

At the end of this post are several videos about some of the medical benefits of marijuana.
    I hate marijuana for the times I was stoned and wished I wasn't - most often when I had to do serious work with serious people who were totally against it because of their opinions based on a lifetime of systematic brainwashing. Their attitudes made me introverted and intensely self-conscious, which stifled my ability to work more than the effect of the marijuana. If I was working with like-minded people, I didn't have that same problem and I could mostly work very effectively.

Some of my most creative and technically challenging work was done while I was high. Sometimes I specifically smoke marijuana to assist with problem solving. Sometimes I smoke it to help me sleep. Sometimes I smoke it simply for enjoyment. I estimate that I smoke marijuana fewer than 20 days per year. There were times in my life that I smoked it more than 20 times per day! It has probably been 20 years since I abused it by smoking excessively large amounts for prolonged periods.

Mostly, I hate marijuana for the 15 year nightmare my son has endured with drug-induced psychosis. He's almost 30 now and still battles with it. It affects his entire extended family, friends, neighbours and strangers.
    Having said that, I believe very strongly that my son's psychosis is not caused by the marijuana itself but rather triggered by it when the real underlying cause is his life-long abuse (over-use) of asthma medication. Since he was two years old, he has used three different types of medication for asthma - preventers (eg. Flixotide), broncho-dilators (eg. Ventolin) and steroids (eg. Prednisolone) - ALL of which have very long lists of horrendous side effects, including psychomotor hyperactivity, sleep disorders, anxiety, nervousness, depression or aggression, including behavioural changes, including hyperactivity and irritability; Cough; headache; sinus inflammation; sore or dry throat; Severe allergic reactions (rash; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest); chest pain; fast or irregular heartbeat; new or worsened trouble breathing; pounding in the chest; severe headache or dizziness; unusual hoarseness; wheezing - Asthma medication can actually CAUSE Asthma. The list continues... muscle cramps, and drying or irritation of the oropharynx; psychoses presenting as auditory hallucinations and persecutory delusions; general body discomfort; difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest (Asthma medicine can cause asthma); shortness of breath; hypertension (high blood pressure); heart attack, stroke and death. The last three side effects listed are the only three my son has not yet experienced. And that's an abridged list of side effects of asthma medication that the manufacturers have published. Thanks, big pharma, for ruining the lives of so many.
    The vast majority (over 99%) of people I know who smoke marijuana are very successful in business, family and society in general. They enjoy exceptionally good physical and mental health. Not one of them has ever had any form of cancer. This reality is the opposite of what the prohibitionist propaganda tells us.

Abusing ANY substance, even water, can be extremely harmful. My mantra is moderation, moderation, moderation. I have gone through long periods, sometimes several years, of excessive smoking. I have gone through long periods of not smoking marijuana. I have experienced negative effects and that "woke me up".

I know that quitting is difficult for some people but I suspect they lack the determination and commitment to quit. The only times I failed to quit was when I didn't want to quit but someone else (eg. my wife) wanted me to quit. When I wanted to quit, it was very easy for me. I just had to make a decision to not smoke it and then stick to my decision. My cravings were minimal, perhaps in part because I really wanted to stop. The worst physical withdrawals I ever experienced were very mild - sweating during my sleep, for about two weeks. Other times, I experienced no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever.

I still enjoy smoking marijuana occasionally but not in large amounts or for long periods.

Cannabis CURES cancer, FAST

On this next video filmed in 2006, Dr. Robert Melamede, Professor of Biology at the University of Colorado, explains how the body's Endo-Cannabinoid system (and plant based Cannabinoids as supplement) kills cancer cells and inhibits tumor growth.

Endo-Cannabinoids are naturally occurring chemicals in humans (and almost all other animals more highly evolved than a sea-squirt). They are present in human breast milk and act to stimulate the appetite of infants and to soothe them.

The lady in the next video was close to death in her teens. Pharmaceutical medicines only made her long list of medical problems worse. Juicing RAW marijuana leaves cured all of her illnesses and saved her life.

The next video is extra information (part 2, if you will) of the previous video.
    Last edited by Cjay; 29th September 2012 at 07:12.

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Belle (10th October 2012), centreoflight (11th October 2012), DeDukshyn (30th September 2012), Holly Lindin (1st November 2012), Jackson (29th September 2012), jagman (30th September 2012), Kindred (14th October 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), mahalall (30th September 2012), Midnight Rambler (30th September 2012), PHARAOH (29th September 2012), risveglio (20th October 2012), RMorgan (1st October 2012), soleil (6th December 2012), TargeT (29th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #75
    Avalon Member danceblackcatdance's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 times in 281 posts

its a magic plant / spirit, don't abuse it or it'll abuse you

personally i spent tooo much time smoking it and would like to have some of those years back, i.e.. if i'd invested at least half of that time meditating i'd probably be able to levitate or something by now

edit: when you're ready to stop, you will stop...
    Last edited by danceblackcatdance; 29th September 2012 at 07:23.
    OOB NOOB

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to danceblackcatdance For This Post:

annacherie (9th October 2012), CD7 (1st October 2012), centreoflight (11th October 2012), Cjay (29th September 2012), DeDukshyn (29th September 2012), jagman (30th September 2012), Kindred (14th October 2012), Laurel (29th September 2012), lookbeyond (29th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), mahalall (30th September 2012), TargeT (29th September 2012)

29. Link to Post #76
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 times in 552 posts

Hi, just my 2c worth- if u need it befor work/meetings/socialising, then like any drug-pardon the french- its got u by the b...s

But you already know this...

lookbeyond

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

DeDukshyn (29th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012)

31. Link to Post #77
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

The lung fields are a fragile organ. Have seen many a chest drain been cited due to an alveolar bullae blown due to heavy dope. It's is a sad sight seeing a young kid at the back of a bike shed in the hospital ground with bilateral chest drains, in pain, and his girlfriend lighting him a joint.

Never forget an old timer, who for months had the respiratory team scratching their heads. Repeated admissions with complex lung injuries. They eventually overcame him-multi organ failure due to respiratory sepsis. His death was lovingly facilitated in the company of his family. After assisting his body to the mortuary received a call from the police asking to interview the person. It transpired that he was growing a plant or two, well it was the first floor of his house. He was cremated. RIP.

Fancy a cup of tea

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahalall For This Post:

Cjay (30th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012)

33. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

mahalall, I'm glad you posted that video because people need to understand that it is NOT about the buzz. There are approximately 80 volatile oils in the cannabis plant and THC (the psycho-active high-inducing component) is not the one that provides the greatest medicinal benefits.

When pharmaceutical companies have sought to profit from cannabis, they have produced THC-only drugs, such as Marinol and Sativex. Patients who have used those pharmaceutical medicines almost unanimously say that it is nowhere near as effective as the plant. Of course it isn't because the other 79 (approx) oils are missing. They work together in harmony.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Holly Lindin (1st November 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012), mahalall (30th September 2012), soleil (6th December 2012)

35. Link to Post #79
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Is there a reason it is also called loco weed?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

lookbeyond (1st October 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012)

37. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

See Terence Mckenna. No more than Once a week, alone, in very high dosages for optimal use
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

DeDukshyn (30th September 2012), Mad Hatter (10th October 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 4 10 LastLast