+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Smoking Marijuana - thoughts?

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Default Re: Cannabis & The Pineal Gland: Turn On The Third Eye

The problem with going the psychoactive drug route to spiritual attunement is that you always come down, and ones normal habit patterns can eventually reassert themselves.

I have done DMT and know a lot of people that have done a lot of it, but people who do it don't seem any more enlightened the the general population, except that maybe they are a bit more open to weird possibilities. I don't think there is a chemical shortcut to activating the 3rd eye chakra of which the pineal gland is presumed to be associated with.

You'd do a lot better with the pineal gland by decalcifying it by taking K2 vitamins (MK7 type), which most likely is the Activator X talked about by Pete Peterson in his Project Camelot interview. I've been taking them for over a week and already I have increased dream recall, and I hardly ever used to remember my dreams. Others have recommended using fermented skate liver oil for this purpose.

DMT is fascinating to me, and I think it can open people's minds up to extradimensional awareness, but I don't think it's what people seem to want it to be....which is basically the Spice from Dune. People trip out on the fact that it's made in the body, and they attribute to it some special status in this, but the body produces all kinds of other psychoactive chemicals, everything from hormones and opiates to endogenous cannabinoids, endogenous dissociative anasesthtics, and also people ofter overlook 5-MeO-DMT which is also produced endogenously as well.

As far as using Cannabis for spiritual work....many people don't realize that the Sadhus of India are often stoned on hashish constantly. They also take datura too. Doing yoga in combination with cannabis can be very productive, as long as you have discipline. It will most likely get you higher in combination with one another than either one will alone.
    Last edited by Maunagarjana; 29th January 2013 at 04:40.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Camilo (31st January 2013), donk (30th January 2013), kesom (30th January 2013), mahalall (29th January 2013), NeweDat (29th January 2013), sheddie (31st January 2013), Syl (31st January 2013)

3. Link to Post #162
    Thanks

I'm not sure Maunagarjana, in my experience(14yrs worth) it is possible to open the 3rd chakra(pineal) with a chemical shortcut but "opening" isn't the right word, its more like prying it loose with a mental crowbar. It works but comes at fairly high price and can lead to damage to the gland. I've spent more than decade trying to reach spiritual clarity through a combination drug use, meditation and deep contemplation(with mixed results) and my final conclusion is that using drugs to aid spiritual growth can be dangerous and might be best left to experienced shamans. And to that effect, I'm planning my last experience/experiment in the next month then I'm abandoning the artificial enlightenment chase. One final men's circle with a "break-through" dose of DMT.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NeweDat For This Post:

Camilo (31st January 2013), donk (30th January 2013), kesom (30th January 2013), Maunagarjana (29th January 2013)

5. Link to Post #163
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 times in 256 posts

Smoking too much dope makes you paranoid eventually, which in turn makes you susceptible to ludicrous conspiracy theories. Ring any bells anyone??

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bram For This Post:

Camilo (31st January 2013), donk (30th January 2013), kesom (30th January 2013), Nanoo Nanoo (30th January 2013), Pop Idle (1st February 2013)

7. Link to Post #164
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Kesom, thanks for the break down of each type.
    Ive always noticed a difference in how I feel depending on the type smoked, I do NOT Like hybrids, it has to be one or the other, and that is getting increasingly hard to find these days

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annajalayah For This Post:

Camilo (31st January 2013), kesom (30th January 2013)

9. Link to Post #165
    Scotland Honored, Retired Member. Mutchie passed sometime in early January 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 times in 353 posts

I smoked weed for years and still do occasionally and i NEVER had any problems...The only problem in Scotland is the PRICE of it they charge £50 for 5 grams of really pungent skunk and another problem is the fact that it ALWAYS RUNS OUT Now if i could grow it legally i would be doing it ....after a long hard day at work sitting down to a joint is very relaxing even more so in good company !!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mutchie For This Post:

Camilo (31st January 2013), kesom (30th January 2013), SKAWF (30th January 2013), Star Tsar (30th January 2013)

11. Link to Post #166
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 times in 256 posts

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    Can be used to control anorexia and diabetes. Not to mention schizophrenia.
    I would very strongly recommend anyone suffering from paranoid schitzophrenia (however mildly) NOT to attempt to self medicate by using cannabis.

There is very strong evidence that use of cannabis can seriously exacerbate schitzophrenic tendencies. I myself nearly went all the way into full blown schitzophrenia following a period of heavy cannabis use once upon a time.

Peace and love, bram

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bram For This Post:

Camilo (31st January 2013), kesom (30th January 2013)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

i can only tell you of my own experiences that i've participated in or witnessed,yes smoking too much is bad for you,same as any other drug/med's

some people can smoke all day every day and be fine then ive seen people that just plain shouldnt smoke cannabis,i guess its like psychedelics,they just dont agree with some people,why i honestly dont know why but ive seen one person that completely tripped out from smokin cannabis resin,very weak stuff nothing compared to bud
    i guess the old saying applies here,too much of anything is bad for you but to add that whats too much for you might not be too much for the next person and vice versa

for instance,
    i can drink lots of beer,cider love jack daniels could drink any or all of those all day long and ive often done it into the morning but if i have 1 pint of Guinness i'm on my back,i cant explain other than it just dont agree with me,its the same volume of alcohol as the others so it just dont make sense but i cant drink the stuff.........
    stay away from Guinness K !

Quote Posted by Annajalayah (here)
    Kesom, thanks for the break down of each type.
    Ive always noticed a difference in how I feel depending on the type smoked, I do NOT Like hybrids, it has to be one or the other, and that is getting increasingly hard to find these days
    i'm glad you found it useful
    in my experience people that can notice the hybrids like you have(by not liking them) are always connected to the earth,really psychic people,their always good people

this site will help you find whichever type of cannabis strain your mind could possibly imagine seed finder you just look for the genetics you want,then use the name of the breeder and of the strain to find a place that sells them but it is illegal in some places to germinate seeds it is not illegal to collect them (yet !) i know its very easy in canada to get a license to grow,if memory serves me right when you get your medical card that the government actually installs your grow room for you......
    carpe diem

always check your local laws before even bothering to think about grownig

its even illegal in the uk now to explain how to grow because they reckon if you do your inciting people to break the law,i think that was introduced late 2010,orwell eat your heart out !

were all individuals and so therefore were all gonna like different things so cannabis will not be for everyone so if it isnt just keep searching,you will find what works for you,were all gonna get to be where were supposed to be in the end

so as the rasta man said

we'll get there in the end brothers and sisters

peace K

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kesom For This Post:

Camilo (31st January 2013)

15. Link to Post #168
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Hello again guys,

the dutch recently studied young adults who smoke weed and have schizophrenia.
    Their results were shocking,
    that people who already had adult onset schizophrenia were drawn to marijuana and not vice versa.

i think it wreaks havoc on some people's blood sugar, so if you are sensitive to that, hmm hmm

but it helps me not to vomit when i take my pills XD

16. Link to Post #169
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Good message from Graham Hancock:
    http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/HancockG3.php

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

bram (31st January 2013), Camilo (31st January 2013), kesom (31st January 2013), sheddie (31st January 2013)

18. Link to Post #170
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

The point of any 'method' is not how you feel while your embarking on the method. The point is how you feel when you're not.
    The third eye opens and closes as needed, in conjunction with the other centers. They all work and develop as a single event, all dependent on the activity of the others.
    No 'one' is any more important, or will give you anything useful if active out of balance with your process.
    You can't shortcut awakening by stepping over issues and manipulating states of mind. You can discover a lot sure. A lot of what? If you're looking, everything needed is everywhere.
    It's far far faster to look at yourself honestly and lucidly from the condition the mind that resists itself is in. That's why it's in that condition. If it's any kind of discomfort, that's fine.
    If you're looking for short cuts, that would be it. Doesn't seem short, but it's fundamental and forever.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

Camilo (31st January 2013), Maunagarjana (4th February 2013)

20. Link to Post #171
    Thanks

After suffering violent abuse at the hands of my husband...I would never advocate any 'good ' thing coming from drugs. I am also a psychiatric nurse and the paranoia and mood swings cannabis brigs are scarey. I am not a negative , boring person, I have had the odd spliff in my life but what you have to realize is that there is a personality trait in a lot of people that makes them addicted . Any positive revelation about drugs makes it OK with them to continue..gives them an excuse not to stop. And somewhere behind these addicts is a terrified partner suffering because of it . Just saying !

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keltikmuse For This Post:

Camilo (31st January 2013), markpierre (31st January 2013), Maunagarjana (4th February 2013)

22. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

In my experience, I usually stop smoking for extended periods of time because it begins to feel like there is a haze or a smog over me. I can become a slave to my impulses when I am smoking because of the intermittant elevated spiritual experience, which is when I disband my self-discipline. But then I come back to earth and realize I can experience life without it.

Here is Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev's take on marijuana use for spiritual purposes:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CivilDawn For This Post:

ROMANWKT (31st January 2013)

24. Link to Post #173
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CivilDawn (here)
    In my experience, I usually stop smoking for extended periods of time because it begins to feel like there is a haze or a smog over me. I can become a slave to my impulses when I am smoking because of the intermittant elevated spiritual experience, which is when I disband my self-discipline. But then I come back to earth and realize I can experience life without it.
    I concur.
    Just as others have stated above, moderation is key. When I was younger and not quite mature I abused cannabis habitually 5-6 hours a day. After about a year of this I realized what was happening and learned a very important lesson in self control.

I now smoke cannabis about 5-10 times a year and the experience each time is amazing. The best times are when I am mountain biking or snowboarding, it's simply exhilarating. I generally frown upon the lazy lay around usage of the general American culture. Not to say everyone does this but, it's what I've witnessed.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to GrnEggsNHam For This Post:

kesom (2nd February 2013)

26. Link to Post #174
    Australia Avalon Member wolf_rt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 418 posts

Default Re: Smoking Marijuana - thoughts?

I've been a heavy pot smoker for over 15 years, i have used it for all the wrong reasons... to dull the emotional pain, and to make me feel more sociable. I have had serious depression from my early teens (20 years ago) and i have self medicated with weed for the last 16 years. It definitely doesn't cure depression. The SSRI's the doctors prescribe DO cure depression, but they also turn me into a zombie, with no creativity or motivation. I would rather be depressed.

I do feel that my heavy smoking has hindered me from finding a solution to my depression by suppressing the symptoms. (i view depression as a natural reaction from the body to unacceptable circumstances)
    However, i believe it has also saved me from offing myself... Which is a wasteful solution to emotional pain.

someone mentioned how weed suppresses dreams.. This is one of the main reasons i smoke.... If i stop smoking for a week or so, i do indeed have vivid dreams that i can remember easily.... It's EXHAUSTING...... I wake up feeling like i need to go to bed. There not nightmares or anything, just 'normal' life dreams.... I hate it... I can't handle it. I love the fact that weed stops it.
    Normally (when I'm smoking) my dreams are nebulous affairs, and I'll lay in bed dozing lightly for many hours because my 'dreams' are pleasant and i feel like i am doing something that needs to be done... strange i know.
    if i don't smoke, i wake up 'hard' so i can stop dreaming and try to relax. And feel like i haven't slept.

I'm having a weed related issue right now... I've had a few relationship issues, and it seemed like a good idea to stay stoned all the time.... Unfortunately after smoking 20grams in the past week my tolerance is so high that i literally can't get stoned any more. not even a bit... not even with a different strain. So i nearly lost my s%*t today... Not good... The perils of psychological dependence...

In all my years smoking I've only once been given weed that was laced with another drug (extacy i believe) the dealer was a fool, and this was his idea of a joke, cost him more than the value of the pot.... I wasn't amused.

As to the potency of the drug 'these days'.... i don't think its an issue... people smoke until they are satisfied, if the weed was weaker, i would smoke twice as much, and cause my lungs that much more damage.
    I have had one strain that did not agree with me. it was cheap 'bush' with a dark green/purple colour, and after smoking a few ounces (6weeks) i found i became 'unhinged' and found that i was displaying the symptoms of my depression more than i would have had i had no weed. (i am 100% this pot wasn't laced with another drug, but i cant speak to the methods of the grower)

Paul - thanks for leaving this thread up, theres no other place on the net i would feel comfortable discussing my issues like this. The diverse insight that Avalonians can share on this issue couldn't be found elsewhere.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to wolf_rt For This Post:

TargeT (13th May 2013)

28. Link to Post #175
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

I find this interesting & hope you do too Chris Bennett speaks about the occult history of Cannabis from the 14th annual hempology convention.
    Not greatly shot but the information is good.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

TargeT (13th May 2013), william r sanford72 (13th May 2013)

30. Link to Post #176
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Caughhhhhhing, sorry what was the original question. I forgot. : )
    Dam it WhiteFeather, don't Bogart that beauty. Pass it on. And don't think we haven't seen you scraping the pipe.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bryston For This Post:

Camilo (13th May 2013), Padmé (13th May 2013), william r sanford72 (14th May 2013)

32. Link to Post #177
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 times in 2,841 posts

i have been breeding and refining a genetic line that is perfect for my taste...outside all natural that could keep up with any grow house product.wish i could share it with ya...10 years in the making and still waiting for it to be safe to grow here without the black booted demons surrounding the farm stead.grow it.use it.thats what is was meant for.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Bryston (13th May 2013), donk (13th May 2013), Holly Lindin (13th May 2013), Padmé (13th May 2013), pine boy (13th May 2013), TargeT (13th May 2013), Vitalux (13th May 2013)

34. Link to Post #178
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Quote Posted by william r sanford72 (here)
    i have been breeding and refining a genetic line that is perfect for my taste...outside all natural that could keep up with any grow house product.wish i could share it with ya...10 years in the making and still waiting for it to be safe to grow here without the black booted demons surrounding the farm stead.grow it.use it.thats what is was meant for.
    Some times the hardest thing about growing a crop is to keep others from stealing it

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Bryston (13th May 2013), DeDukshyn (14th May 2013), donk (13th May 2013), TargeT (13th May 2013), william r sanford72 (13th May 2013), Wookie (14th May 2013)

36. Link to Post #179
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

In my perspective it opens interdimensional doors for you to experience higher levels of awareness and consciousness, but most of the time people get caught in the physical/psychic side effects of it and miss its real purpose.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Bryston (13th May 2013), donk (13th May 2013), Holly Lindin (13th May 2013), Padmé (13th May 2013), TargeT (13th May 2013), william r sanford72 (13th May 2013)

38. Link to Post #180
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Camilo (here)
    Like with tobacco, the only people I've seen that were able to kick the habit, is cold turkey.
    Trust me from both an ex tobacco user and an on and off weed smoker. No comparison whatsoever. Absolutely none. Tobacco is like Heroin, weed is less addictive than Starbucks .. but does have a decent psychological addictiveness, which can come with a range of withdrawal symptoms, but it is NOTHING like physical withdrawal symptoms of tobacco. Anyone who tells you other wise is ill informed or gunning for their next hoot via sympathy.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Caughhhhhhing, sorry what was the original question. I forgot. : )
    I can't not chuckle out loud everytime I read this .. Thanks WF - not enough amusement in this world. You do your part
    I can't disagree with what you say, but having not had a cig (I was 1.5-2 pack a day smoker) since sept, not having a drink in 4 years (I was disgustingly addicted for 12+), adderall and Wellbutrin I was precribed for years... I'm finding it hardest to stop burning "god's finest trees"

Perhaps because it is not as expensive (to me) or disruptive to my life?

Just don't discount the addictive properties. It can be as bad as shiny screens (TV/video games/Internet/porn), gambling, sugar, etc.

I find its much easier to HATE booze & cigs (and worse drugs), which is what helped me quit.

I feel understanding addiction is more important than the actual thing you are addicted to

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 9 10 LastLast