+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: An Opportunity to Live in Ecuador

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member amandapoet's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 times in 120 posts

Default Re: An Opportunity to Live in Ecuador

One thing I could not find a clear answer to is if this were open to those with young children? Or is this community geared more for adults? For my individual situation the only feasible way I could participate in a community such as this is to be fully committed and as a working participant...or that is the community lifestyle I have had in my mind.

~Amanda
    Last edited by amandapoet; 30th September 2012 at 20:55. Reason: typos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amandapoet For This Post:

RunningDeer (1st October 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Ecuador Avalon Member Christine Breese's Avatar
    Thanks

Whew! You guys tuckered me out for the day with the questions! I'll come back tomorrow and see what other questions you have, but I have to take a break! Feel like I wrote a book! This oughta keep ya going for a while!

Oh, there was one other question I didn't address yet about Gaia Sagrada Spiritual Community, unfortunately we aren't set up for children right now. We have to keep it simple in the beginning, so only adults and teenagers old enough who are interested in spiritual practices and want to participate in the workshops, yoga and meditation. We don't have anything else for them to do or any kind of day care right now. Eventually we hope to cater to children and families as this community grows, but it's not something we can do right now. I'm so sorry!
    Save the planet, it's the only one with chocolate!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christine Breese For This Post:

amandapoet (1st October 2012), Phoenix (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), sandy (1st October 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Quote Posted by doodah (here)
    Christine, you said:
    Quote ... it isn't safe to live outside of the city unless you are in a family compound or a gated community with a guard.
    ...so I'm wondering ... how are you protecting what you're building right now?

Thanks for all this information. I hope things go well for you there.

~ Doodah
    Hi Christine.... Hi Doodah.... Hi everyone!

The quote jumped out at me too. It pretty much left me thinking Um? I am not sure I agree with that. I actually know some folks who live out in the country in Ecuador either alone or with their immediate family and haven't experienced any problems. Much depends on how you integrate with your neighbors, the attitudes you carry and the life style you choose.

I have posted a lot of information about Ecuador on different threads and have now been living here for a year and a half. Wow, time flies.

I do want to thank Christine for her time writing all this information down, I know how much work it is as I was inundated with questions too. There is a lot to learn about a country and as many views about living in it as there are people, so it is difficult to really know a place until you visit there yourself.

I have been to Christine and Bruce's place and it is amazing what these two high energy people have done. If someone wants to visit Ecuador, have a good place to start their explorations from, maybe stay awhile and explore the area plus be in the company of some very wonderfully awake folks I would recommend Gaia Sagrada as a good jumping off place. Christine has explained to me the different models she has for opening her center to the larger world.

I do agree with Christine that community is the way we should to be living as we experience the accelerating changes. Community challenges us, fulfills us and teaches us in ways that we do not get to experience in isolation.

Hey there Christine - if I get a little more time I will try and help here with answering some of the questions.

With the warmest regards,

Christine

6. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Quote Buying land is not a problem for anyone, whether they're resident or not. The price of land is often less than $10,000 per acre (though prices are increasing now that more and more expats are arriving).
    Jeez Bill, you can get great farmland in Kansas for $5,000 an acre and here in the Appalachian Mountains you can purchase stunning mountain land for $600 an acre.

For the past several months I read your (Bill) posts and even though your general view of our future aligns with mine I always come to a screeching halt at your fairly adamant counsel at moving to Ecuador. You have flat out said at least a couple times that those of us who live in the US should consider leaving the country asap. It would be helpful if you could elaborate on why you have this opinion.

Staying in line with this thread I will have to say these types of ‘communities’ have always confused me . . . . I have such a difficult time envisioning myself mediating, enjoying sumptuous meals, strolling through the gardens, soaking in hot tubs, going to workshops becoming more enlightened and spiritual . . . etcetera while the local Ecuadorian people do most of the work and take care of me. I also feel these types of ‘communities’ only favor the independent fairly wealthy. . . .

For me, going to Live somewhere means you choose to live ‘in that place’ because of the people, culture, heritage and land. For me, taking my usual way of living with my culture, my heritage and nationality to a dramatically different location would defeat the purpose of moving.

This retreat sounds very lovely and idealistic . . . . I just wish for once it was a place for everyone no matter their financial situation . . . . even in this beautiful ‘sacred’ place where one can come to become more ‘spiritual’ everyone will be divided by financial ability and even nationality . . . . somehow for me this defeats the purpose of ‘living’ there to shift into the new paradigm . . . if you go to live in such a beautiful place with the old paradigm solidly in place how much harder will it be to ‘shift paradigms’?

7. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...world_peru.php

Gathering people of like minds together Great! But assuming there are known safe zones on this globe is something we should take with a grain of salt

Not exactly in your neck of the woods but close enough to see an event may occur anywhere on this globe
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

CdnSirian (1st October 2012)

9. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Thumbs up Re: An Opportunity to Live in Ecuador

I have envisioned these thoughts about this community in ecuador today. While meditating in a city park this afternoon. And All good i might interject.

Firstly it would take some adjusting for myself, as i come from a large city. I think i could swing it......

It would probably be a great idea if we could possibly Time Share for a month or so. Just a thought that came to mind.

My Envisions of This Community: An Ecuadorian Atlantis...if you will
    Our community would participate in spiritual activities. Cooking, Crafts, Music, Dance, Meditation, Hiking, Fishing, Healing, Stargazing At Night, Sight Seeing, etc. Skys the limit.

If we have children would the community have an educational system. This would be a plus. And perhaps we could leave out American History being most of it was B/S anyways. I heard WhiteCrowBlackDeer (Paula) is a retired teacher. I would elect her principal.

I had This Scenario in mind in one of the daily activities.....if you will. Alot of fun and bliss here. And Look at that TeePee! Im in total Awe. I wouldnt mind sleeping in one of those on a starry filled night in Ecuador.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 2nd October 2012 at 01:16.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Christine (2nd October 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (2nd October 2012), Ontarioguy (2nd October 2012), RunningDeer (2nd October 2012), Wind (2nd October 2012)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,488 times in 32,925 posts

-------

A note to all: I've split this thread about Christine Breese's community, Gaia Sagrada, into two (this one and a new thread called Living in Ecuador - Questions and Answers).

Mixed in with the valuable discussion about her community, there were many important and intelligent questions and comments about living in Ecuador in general. So to keep the original thread on topic, I've moved those posts to that new thread.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Christine (2nd October 2012), Davidallany (2nd October 2012), GoodETxSG (1st December 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (2nd October 2012), RunningDeer (2nd October 2012)

13. Link to Post #28
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Quote Posted by Christine Breese (here)
    Hello Fellow Light Bearers!

Thank you sooooo much Bill for the warm introduction. I have to say, Bill is one of those really cool networkers who brings people together. Bill is an interesting combination of brilliant philosopher with the discriminating mind of a scientist, and at the same time is a sweet brother who's happy to share a latte and crack a silly joke with you. What a great sense of humor he has!

Here are some of the daily activities at Gaia Sagrada:

• yoga
    • meditation
    • 3 vegetarian meals
    • sauna
    • hot tub
    • gym
    • hiking
    • journeys to Cuenca
    • campfires
    • starry nights
    • morning walks
    • spiritual friendships
    • music
    • drum circles
    • dancing
    • and much more...
    • We invite participants to share. If you have something to teach, please do!

This community has been my dream for a long time, and is now a reality in Ecuador. I've always wanted to create a community with like-minded others who:
    • live in the present moment,
    • centered in the heart,
    • fully awake and aware in whatever is happening.
    • absolute fearlessness, and
    • knowing we are eternal essence while at the same time living the dream of being humans.

If you want to know how we plan on approaching the paradigm shift transition, feel free to visit http://gaiasagradaspiritualretreatce...ia-Sagrada.php

The time for this has come. Never before has it been more important for these kinds of communities to exist. It is time for us to harness our consciousness as awake and aware groups and project what we want into this reality. At the very least, it's time to anchor the energy of peace and joy on this planet and bring in the paradigm shift in a celebratory way. The people coming together at Gaia Sagrada are here to anchor love, compassion and peace in this reality and move through the transition with grace, effortlessness and ease.

We have all put energy into the horror of watching the plans of the minions unfold, but what if we put just as much energy into envisioning the beautiful future we can have instead? This reality is, after all, a bio-reflection machine that we can direct with consciousness. It's interesting that Gaia Sagrada manifests at a time such as this, especially in Ecuador where so many people want to be, during an era of incredible change, a time when it is of the utmost importance for large groups to take responsibility and control of what our consciousness puts out.

Sometimes I feel like I'm literally building Noah’s Ark to help a specific group get through this shift in a heavenly, peaceful state while the world goes through a dramatic death and re-birth process. Whatever happens, we’ll hardly notice it here.

I've often gazed at the empty rooms which are currently under construction, wondering what kind of magical spiritual family and tribe is going to gather here for this amazing walk through our transition to a New Earth reality. Are you one of them? I was guided to build it. Now, let’s see who comes.

The entire community around us loves us. They're all farmers, with chickens, cows and other livestock, they grow food, and they've been living with little money for a long time. They'll be hardly hit by whatever may be coming. We're poised and ready to be part of the community here, trading with them and farming. Right now we’re teaching them how to build solar hot water showers, collect rainwater, re-use gray water for toilets, and make solar ovens.

None of this is about money. We're unlikely to make a dime here since we priced everything at expenses only levels. If we do make anything, we would build more housing so more people can come. This is a solution for spiritually focused people who want to live in Ecuador during these changes, but have only a small savings. We have to cover expenses... but if you can only rent, this might be your option. Not everyone has enough to buy land and build a house.

If you are planning to buy land, build a house, or explore Ecuador to find out where your niche is, perhaps landing at Gaia Sagrada for a while will serve as a safe and easy landing for you as you get your bearings and get used to being in Ecuador. It takes a little while to adjust. Gaia Sagrada could be a way to ease gently into your new life and surroundings. Day trips to Cuenca and the surrounding areas are easy, and even trips to Vilcabamba, the beach or the jungle for a few days are easy from Gaia Sagrada.

To be able to move through this transition with grace is of the utmost importance. If you dream of a structure in which to live through all this in a balanced way, Gaia Sagrada is a good place to weather the storm. You can live in Ecuador for up to 9 months per year with visa extensions alone. We can point you to the right resources for all that. There are several ways to get residency as well and some people are doing that.

Bill moves around Ecuador a lot and visits Gaia Sagrada quite often, so there's a chance to get to know him and also enjoy what he has to offer. When he suggested telling you all about this, I was excited. I can’t think of a better group to be hanging out with through this shift. He's a wonderful person, as you know. He often talks about the high quality people who are on this forum, and how so many people want to find ways to leave North America and even Europe. This might be one of the ways.

With love to all -- Christine Breese

E-mail: gaiasagrada@umsonline.org (Subject: Avalon and Gaia Sagrada)
    Website: www.gaiasagradaspiritualretreatcenter.com (beta site with all info and where early reservations can be made)
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/metaphysicalsciences if you want to know who I am
    Hi Christine,
    I had the pleasure of meeting you in M.T. once.
    I was wondering if you ever considered following the example of Plum village in France where people live off of their work, mainly farming.

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Hi David, what is M.T.? Montana? Sorry if I don't remember what it is!

In answer to your question, we do plan on growing as much of our own food as possible at some point, and eventually create enough to share with others as well! Unfortunately, we can't depend on anything like that right now to bring in the expenses of the center. That sort of thing takes a while to develop. Sounds nice though! For now, agriculture will be one of the cottage industries of the center, among other things possibly. Because we are making all the prices so cheap at expenses only levels, we have to come up with some cottage industries so this can self-sustain. Agriculture, well, eventually maybe we can catch up with Ecuadorians! Produce is pretty inexpensive here though, so it's not going to meet the expenses right now. We would have to create a pretty large enterprise to do that. For now we are going to try to grow enough food here to help keep the expenses down. That's a start!
    Last edited by Christine Breese; 2nd October 2012 at 03:04.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Christine Breese For This Post:

Davidallany (2nd October 2012)

16. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi David, what is M.T.? Montana? Sorry if I don't remember what it is!

In answer to your question, we do plan on growing as much of our own food as possible at some point, and eventually create enough to share with others as well! Unfortunately, we can't depend on anything like that right now to bring in the expenses of the center. That sort of thing takes a while to develop. Sounds nice though! Will take money to make that happen.
    Hi Christine,

This is where I met you http://www.madretierra.com.ec/
    Madre Tierra.
    I would like to donate a tree for your land in 2013, do you accept trees?

17. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Oh! Ok! I know Madre Tierra, where the talks happen sometimes. Nice place! Sure a tree sounds nice! We have a lot of trees, especially pine and eucalyptus trees. What kind of tree do you have? So you are already living here in Ecuador?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Christine Breese For This Post:

Davidallany (2nd October 2012)

19. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Oh! Ok! I know Madre Tierra, where the talks happen sometimes. Nice place! Sure a tree sounds nice! We have a lot of trees, especially pine and eucalyptus trees. What kind of tree do you have? So you are already living here in Ecuador?
    I do not have a tree currently, I was thinking of getting you fruit, chocolate or nuts trees or something like Yuka, potato and lettuce, or something that can be eaten. Pine and Eucalyptus have medical properties.
    I do live in Loja.

20. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

So David, what is your story? What brought you to Ecuador, and Loja in particular? Are you farming and own a place there?

Yum! Chocolate! But it won't grow well at this elevation, Avacado, tomato trees, figs, the angular type of papaya, those all grow well here (although we have a lot of avacado and tomato trees already). We are curious about figs! yum!

Yes, one of the cottage industries we have planned here is to make tinctures and oils with things like pine and eucalyptus in them. Did you notice that sometimes the honey has an ever so slight taste of eucalyptus in it? It's really nice!

21. Link to Post #34
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Christine, I would be interested in what your maximum population will be for your retreat and surrounding community. I have been doing a large amount of research for this sort of element for the small town where I live now. Where will you be drawing your line as far as growth and the consumption of your natural resources?

We are also identifying local economic development dynamics that will stay firmly within our sustainable and balanced eco-system we thrive in now. We are also intently planning what our future will look like especially for the next generations . . . an example is acknowledging our past and current heritage as a very small coal mining mountain town and moving our dependence from the coal and gas industry into renewable natural resource driven free energy while keeping our heritage and culture, which is largely colored by our scotch-Irish ancestors.

We are examining deeply how we can move into a community that is attractive to an outside demographic which is attracted to this area because of the incredible natural rugged beauty and magical mountain mystic without that ‘new element’ changing who we are. Also, instead of that ‘outside element’ influencing a negative change in our natural spiritual foundation . . . we want our soul and spirit be a welcoming retreat from the difficulties of the world in general and perhaps let this place and people plant a new seed for the people who come our way.

I can’t imagine addressing these sorts of questions and dynamics within a totally new and different country . . . I am consumed with them in the area that I know very well and is my culture and heritage.

My main reason for asking this is because of one of your missions in shifting into a new paradigm and this is my focus as well . . . how do we as shepherds within our communities not go down the same path and set ourselves up and repeat the same history over and over. I am focused on creating a new paradigm that will begin to heal our earth and provide a nurturing thriving planet that is balanced and truly sustainable for future generations . . .Beginning with my little mountain town and the beautiful souls that live here..

P.S. I hope I put this in the right thread . . . if not, could one of the mighty mods give 'er a boot to the right one.

22. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Strat said: “Do we just show our passport to cross borders?”
    yep, just show your passport to cross borders. Some countries require a visa, but I don’t think many require a visa of those from the USA. Just have to check online and do a search to see if the country you plan to visit requires a visa. Ecuador doesn’t require a visa from USA’ers. No immunizations either, that’s good!

Blufire said: I will have to say these types of ‘communities’ have always confused me . . . . I have such a difficult time envisioning myself mediating, enjoying sumptuous meals, strolling through the gardens, soaking in hot tubs, going to workshops becoming more enlightened and spiritual . . . etcetera while the local Ecuadorian people do most of the work and take care of me. I also feel these types of ‘communities’ only favor the independent fairly wealthy. . . .

At $389 per month with 20 hours per week of work exchange for a discount, I would hardly call this a place for the wealthy to come. This place isn't posh, fancy, uppity or elegant, and there won’t be any young Ecuadorians fanning you, bringing you cool towels on a silver platter, or feeding you grapes, serving you hand and foot! This place is purposely functional, humble, simple, and basic, so it is not a wealthy person’s tourist spot. We also don’t want to live luxuriously and obnoxiously in a place where there are poor people. That is not appropriate. It is simple living with all your needs met, but in no way will this feel like you went to Club Hilton! This is more like camp for adults! This is humble and simple living, completely functional, but not fancy or "rich." (I have to say I think it's rich though because of all the nature magic and the peace!)

In fact, most of the work will be done by gringos coming from abroad who need a discount to even be here. If they are doing 5, 10, 15 and 20 hours of work, well, that’s not Ecuadorians serving you. If you want to pay full price (which is basically our expenses of having you here), then you would be one of the rare few. It seems that almost everyone has needed some kind of discount or another to come here. We are making this a price that even Ecuadorians can afford, so how can this be only for the wealthy? Did you even look at our prices page before you made that comment?

I spent my life being poor and I could never go to a retreat center to heal, grow or experience a spiritual lifestyle and fellowship. That is why I created Gaia Sagrada, specifically priced for ordinary people like myself who don’t have wealth.

Who is serving who… we serve the Ecuadorians

It is the other way around from what you are suggesting. Since gringos are working 5, 10, 15 or 20 hours per week depending on the discount they want off already seriously lowball prices, well, I wouldn't say Ecuadorians are serving us here. This is COMMUNITY, not a place for wealthy to get served. We all do what it takes to make this work.

In fact, WE serve the Ecuadorians because with those gringo work exchange hours we are not only maintaining the community but also building solar ovens for the community, giving them the materials and teaching them how. We also teach them how to make solar hot water with tubes on the roof, and we work WITH them building all these things, so this is a far cry from what you are envisioning. Who is really serving who here? Oh, and did I mention that we are planning on teaching English to the poor kids here so they have a little of what the rich kids are able to have? Learning English really expands a kid’s opportunities as they grow up. We just have to get the right English teaching person here with a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) who wants to exchange some work for a discount who wants to be here! Also, there are many Ecuadorians who are interested in yoga and meditation, and have been for a long time but nothing like this was here before. For those in our community the classes we give to the community are FREE! That nixes your nationality or financial separation idea!

Honestly, we feel more Ecuadorian as time goes by than anything else. We care about their country, their issues, we want to see their reality improve, and we take the actions that are within our power to do while honoring their ways. We learn THEIR ways, not the other way around. It actually feels like a symbiotic relationship where we help them with what we know, and they help us with what they know. We give them what they need, and they give us what we need. We are equals working together here. We have already made a huge difference in their community and these people are really happy we are here. It doesn’t feel like a gringo invasion here at all, and in fact feels more like the Eagle and the Condor Legend coming true, where the north and the south begin to work together and from that is born peace and synergy. Read Legend of the Eagle and the Condor here.

Those who we give work to, they are really grateful they don’t have to commute to the city for work or go to the jungle mines and coastal farms all week, sleeping in a field, only being with their families on the weekends. They are so happy that they can remain here with their families all week, sleep in their own beds every night, and live a normal life here in the mountains. It is a rare opportunity to be able to earn money in these little mountain towns. They see this as a HUGE blessing in their lives that they can work here and live with their families. They also say that they have never worked for people who actually respect them as equals (there is a lot of class separation here, the bosses treat the workers as if they are second class). It took some getting used to, as they weren’t sure how to act around bosses who were so nice to them, joked around, and just acted normal and regular toward them. In the beginning we didn’t know this was unusual, and as time went on we found out why they were so confused around us at first. Now they are totally relaxed and joke around back with us, but they felt really confused at first. It was new to be treated as an equal.

Bluefire said: For me, going to Live somewhere means you choose to live ‘in that place’ because of the people, culture, heritage and land. For me, taking my usual way of living with my culture, my heritage and nationality to a dramatically different location would defeat the purpose of moving.

We are part of their community now, sharing free energy techniques for hot water and solar ovens with them, friends with them, hanging out at parties, dancing, trading food and wood with them, learning from them, and even being just a regular part of the neighborhood. We aren't doing the “USA in Ecuador” thing at all. We LOVE Ecuador and the Ecuadorians. Spanish is sexy! I love South America, it is still very free. I love the culture, the dance-able music, the exotic fruits most people have never seen before, this place is amazing! And the workers, well, they have all become our friends. They are not workers to us. If they are ill, we visit them and bring something for them. If they are having a party, they invite us. This is not what you are envisioning like a wealthy versus servant thing. We ARE living the new paradigm here, big time!

This is not about just being some place cheap for us, although that is what makes it possible to offer the prices we are offering to the not-so-wealthy people, including Ecuadorians, who can come here and be part of this. This is about immersion in the magic and emerging spirituality of this continent, which has been ignored for the most part by most spiritual retreat centers. We are the first of our kind here and we have been welcomed.

Blufire said: This retreat sounds very lovely and idealistic . . . . I just wish for once it was a place for everyone no matter their financial situation . . . . even in this beautiful ‘sacred’ place where one can come to become more ‘spiritual’ everyone will be divided by financial ability and even nationality . . . . somehow for me this defeats the purpose of ‘living’ there to shift into the new paradigm . . . if you go to live in such a beautiful place with the old paradigm solidly in place how much harder will it be to ‘shift paradigms’?

Well, let me ask you, can you afford to pay $389 per month if you do 20 hours a week of work exchange? What do you live on now? This IS a place for everyone no matter what their financial situation. Also, are you willing to sit side by side with Ecuadorians, even poor ones, in meditation? There is no nationality separation here.

Everyone wealthy at Gaia Sagrada? I think not. People coming here will pay less than a thousand a month, less depending on how much work they do, and me and other staff? We only make $292 a month, Ecuador’s minimum wage. We make less than the construction guys! Far from wealthy I would say. Again, we are here for providing a service to those who have never been able to afford a community or retreat center.

Check reality facts before projecting!

Sooooo… just letting you know, this ain’t what ya think it is! Be careful with projections as they are often wrong, especially if you haven’t done your homework before making a comment, like looking at our prices page! Obviously our prices are not geared toward the wealth. This is expenses only! Did you even look at our prices page and get educated about the subject before making that statement? Just sayin… reality check ALL projections to see if you are truly seeing what you think you are seeing! Sorry to chastise you on this one Blufire, so please take it in the spirit it is offered, just a reality check. Check your facts before making a negative comment!

Aaah, don’t worry, we are all guilty of making assumptions here and there, so no hard feelings. I just had to point out the facts on this one. Couldn't let this one slide by. And just so you know, I have resented those “wealthy only need apply” retreat/resorts too, because I could never partake of them, and I always gazed longingly at these kinds of retreats. If I got to even do work exchange at any of them, I was still on the outside just “serving” everyone else, working long hours just for the privilege of being there, and not getting to partake in all the classes and spiritual growth others were getting to be part of who had money. I was always so jealous of that!

This is why Gaia Sagrada exists, to finally make this reachable for those of us of ordinary means! You’re invited! I think you could afford it! There isn't anyone who couldn't if they really wanted to be here for a month or two! Do you think basically charging someone the expenses of feeding them and housing them is fair? It isn't the $6000 - $10,000 per month that a retreat center in the USA costs! We're talking $389 for a MONTH! I think that's a pretty good offer we are doing. We are not in this for profit obviously. We are in service in many directions, both to those who want to live a spiritually focused life and the Ecuadorian community around us.
    Last edited by Christine Breese; 2nd October 2012 at 05:27.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christine Breese For This Post:

WhiteFeather (3rd October 2012), write4change (2nd October 2012)

24. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Ahh, Blufire, our posts crossed at the same time in cyberspace! Your second post was a completely different energy. As to your question, I really couldn't tell you how to create a community in the place where you are. I'm not sure where you are, is it a coal mining town in the Appalachians, I'm guessing? (I have hiked the Appalachians, so beautiful!) I can't really speak to how you would create your center or community.

I've just done this by the seat of my pants and let things unfold in the way they were supposed to. It's not like I had a manual on how to do this, especially in South America where nothing like this exists before Gaia Sagrada. I just went with the flow, didn't push the river, and let the right people and right situations come to me as they were given. Somehow the right connections always turned up as we needed them. That's how I know we have been on the right track, when things just unfold for you and it's more like following directions from spirit than directing the show! I would just suggest you open up and allow yourself to be guided. That's what I do. I don't do affirmations, visualizations, all that mind power stuff. It works to a certain extent, but there is a much higher way to manifest than "directing" physical reality with your ego to get "more of what you want." I just basically say, "I am in service, do what your divine will is through me," and then after that it's sort of like being a secret agent in this reality just following directions from spirit. I just do what I'm guided to do, and somehow something happens! It works better than "manifesting." I tell people to throw their manifesting skills books out and just surrender to the higher power of love and let that energy be the creator.

As to putting a cap on our population here, we aren't sure where that cap is. We will just let it grow until it can't anymore. We're going to start with 50 people and see where it goes from there. I think it could go up to 150.

25. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member write4change's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,634 times in 628 posts

To BlueFire, I share your concerns.

To Christine Breese: Thanks to Bill and having more time I have now read your site all of it. Because you are addressing the problem I will spend the 2,000 for the degrees. Probably not til after January but if we are still here I will. In fact, if things are stable I may come down for 3 months. Once upon a time in the early 80s I paid a thousand dollars for three days and two nights with both Scott Peck and Deepak Chopra. That did not include food and lodging so yes I know of what you speak. I did not have a problem with it then other than I was aware that they gave almost none of their knowledge for free. All of the great masters spoke at one time or another to everyone who came to listen. Had people even done what Camelot and Avalon did in any form for the hippies etc. in coming to consciousness we might not be in as bad a shape as we are. Even EST, Landmark, and Lifespring are not and never were cheap and much of their push feels very greedy rather than conscious. Most of these once was enough for me.

Thank you for putting yourself out there.

BlueFire, I think trying to do anything with Americans by Americans is triple difficult because most Americans know so little about history and facts and have really been taught to believe in magical thinking. You would also be on my list to visit and vice versa in the future.

To you both on Netflix is a two season series about surviving after catastrophe. One in LA and one in New Orleans. What you see in both of these is that the survival of the group depends not on what they are able to scrounge or build or feed but how they are able to function as a group for the good of the group. The series does not speak well of us as a people. It looks like none of these groups would survive on a permanent basis even though making it barely to 90 days. The series is called The Colonies.
    Beware the axis of sanctimony.

26. Link to Post #38
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Once a year Kathie and I go on retreat to Colorado. There is an 'in-joke' among our Americans brothers and sisters, about something to be aware of and avoid, and that is what they call."California spirituality". They say it's a 'feel good' New Age, polish your ego, substitute for real spiritual practice.

This is always something to be aware of, a modern watering down, life style change, using ancient teachings, for self betterment. A veneer covering like modern glowing white teeth!

Tony

27. Link to Post #39
    Great Britain Avalon Member seantimberwolf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 times in 332 posts

As a young man, with no real ties in his life this is.....well its.....
    Just what i was dreaming of recently.
    My only issue is what to do over there, I'm a bust body and would need stuff to do like bushcraft, wood carving, etc
    is this being approached as a getaway or a living space?
    "And if one man could stand tall, There would be hope for us all, Somewhere in the spirit of man!"

28. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Hi Seantimberwolf,
    Yes, its a living space, not just a gateway, although some people might use it as such! As for buff things to do, there is some pretty heavy duty hiking around here if you go down to the pbottom of the mountain and back up, as well as light hiking that isnt so hard. If you want to take day or weekend trips to the various areas around Gaia Sagrada, there is some serious bushwhacking to do!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christine Breese For This Post:

seantimberwolf (3rd October 2012), write4change (2nd October 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast