+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eggs

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Eggs

OK I'm gonna say something freaky here, like the thread should say 'what if'

What if the Egg Recall is a way for people to return uncomfortable ideas?
    A symbolic return of thoughts and ideas that the people don't want.

Has anyone returned any eggs? Do you remember what was said to you?

Has everyone heard of the California Egg Recall? I don't know if the virus is suppose to be inside the Chicken Egg or on the shell or what.

Anyway, I happened to have this Orwellian 'Idea Return' image and thought I would share it here.

You're Welcome!
    Perception is Everything

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Default Re: Eggs

I'm always wary of these types of things. So often they use this ruse as a means to fulfill some hidden agenda. Like irradiating veggies. Pastuerizing dairy and almonds. It seems they want to totally denature all of our food.

I've eaten several raw eggs daily for 30 years. No issues at all. Anyway, a few thousand cases of salmonella is not even on the scale considering the untold billions of eggs sold.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 times in 339 posts

I am not convinced that it is easy to get so-called salmonella at all. Not when one considers this bacteria is pretty much present on many of the foods we eat ALL THE TIME. Anytime our lovely FDA recalls some food, my hackles raise-up.

They are about as trustworthy as the CIA or the Pentagon. Any organization that approves the use of pesticides, insecticides, and herbicides that have never even been tested on people....well that organization is corrupt. Can you imagine? They are spraying things on the food in the fields that kills all insects, and they have no idea what some of them do to people!?!? There have been no tests for some of these neurotoxins.

And people trust them when they make a food-poisoning announcement? Pure make-believe.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”
    ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

4. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    I've eaten several raw eggs daily for 30 years. No issues at all. Anyway, a few thousand cases of salmonella is not even on the scale considering the untold billions of eggs sold.
    Really? Do you mean like Rocky style, crack it open then swallow it? You haven't had any problems at all?

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

I think this is a false flag type of event to push forward the S.510 bill -

111th Congress < FOOD MATTERS > 44th President

* Short: FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as reported to senate.

* Short: FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as introduced.

* Official: A bill to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to the safety of the food supply.

The S510 Bill > "expands the authority of the Secretary of Health and Human Services" Senator Harry Reid August 28th 2010

Yesterday I sent a letter to Harry Ried a senator for Nevada to get his stance on this Bill, he seems to be backing it silently. Interesting thing to note, I asked a friend in AZ, McCain also backs this bill silently, rivals backing the same thing. I thought those two were at odds on all issues...
    Anywho, here is Senator Reid's reply,

Read Full letter:

Dear Mr. Cassidy:

Thank you for your recent letter on the Food Safety Modernization Act, S.510.

The health and safety of Nevadans has always been one of my top priorities during my career in the Senate.

Nevadans and families across the nation are fortunate to enjoy one of the safest and most abundant food supplies in the world, but we should make our food even safer. Every year millions of people become seriously ill and may even die from food borne illnesses. Unfortunately, our food and safety laws have not kept pace with changing food production and our current laws are outdated and cumbersome.

On March 3, 2009, Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois introduced the Food Safety Modernization Act (S.510) to modernize and improve food safety under the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The bill has been approved by the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions and may now be considered by the full Senate. S.510 creates preventative programs and expands the authority of the Secretary of Health and Human Services in order to promote the safety through inspections and recalls of tainted products. The bill requires food manufacturers and distributors to follow new sanitary food practices, increase food inspections, and keep more thorough records tracking food products.

The bill also give the FDA the authority to recall tainted foods, rather than relying solely on voluntary recalls from food producers. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov/. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

A

HARRY REID

United States Senator

Nevada

Bill S.510 Sponsors:
    o Sen. Richard Durbin [D-IL]

o Sen. Lamar Alexander [R, TN]

o Sen. Jeff Bingaman [D, NM]

o Sen. Richard Burr [R, NC]

o Sen. Roland Burris [D, IL

o Sen. Saxby Chambliss [R, GA]

o Sen. Christopher Dodd [D, CT

o Sen. Michael Enzi [R, WY]

o Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY]

o Sen. Judd Gregg [R, NH]

o Sen. Thomas Harkin [D, IA]

o Sen. Orrin Hatch [R, UT]

o Sen. John Isakson [R, GA]

o Sen. Edward Kennedy [D, MA

o Sen. Amy Klobuchar [D, MN]

o Sen. Ben Nelson [D, NE]

o Sen. Tom Udall [D, NM]

o Sen. David Vitter [R, LA]

All about the Bill S.510:
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-s510/news
    Why not now?

6. Link to Post #6
    Bomack

I think everyone should just throw all their eggs at the FDA!

No, really. Here's a really informative article about the risks of Salmonella in eggs and how to Pasteurize your own eggs if you're that worried about it. It seems that the big egg recall is a bunch of crud and if there is such a big problem the FDA caused it in the first place!

How To Make Pasteurized Eggs (Cooking With Raw Eggs)

Quote In the kitchen, you often prepare dishes utilizing raw eggs. Whether you’re making mayonnaise, chocolate mousse or cookie dough ice cream, these recipes call for using raw eggs – whites or yolks.

While most eggs are perfectly fine to eat raw, there is always a very small risk that one egg might be contaminated by bacteria. According to the American Egg board, about one in every 20,000 eggs might be contaminated by Salmonella.

Naturally, eggs are surrounded by a protective layer that prevents bacteria from entering and growing. In the United States though, that protective layer is eliminated as all eggs are washed with a special detergent according to government regulations.

To avoid the risk of illness, there are a few things to consider. First of all, make sure to only utilize fresh, whole, grade A or AA eggs. If the egg smells strange or if it's discolored, then throw it away.

Secondly, you can pasteurize raw eggs before making dishes with them. When you pasteurize eggs you bring them up to about 140-150 degrees for 3-5 minutes depending on the age and the size of the eggs. If the temperature goes any higher you start to cook the egg. Pasteurizing eggs won’t completely eliminate the risks that eating raw eggs bring, it will however drastically reduce the chance of contamination. You can purchase pasteurized eggs at the grocery store, but it’s really easy to do yourself.

How To Pasteurize Raw Eggs

Place the eggs in a pot with cold water. Put the water on medium heat and stand by to watch as the temperature rises. You don’t want the temperature of the water to exceed 150 degrees. If you want to be exact, you can keep a thermometer probe in the water, if not 140-150 degrees is the stage before bubbles start to form. At that temperature, you can just about keep your finger in the water for a few seconds before you burn yourself. When you reach this temperature, try to keep it. So lower the heat, and watch so the temperature doesn’t rise, then keep the eggs in the water for about 3-5 minutes.

If you want to be even more careful, you can soft boil the eggs as this will work for some recipes. Some dressings for example that call for a raw egg yolk, will taste fine if you utilize a soft-boiled egg yolk, or even better sometimes. If however, you’re making chocolate mousse or parfait, then you’re better off pasteurizing the egg and not soft boiling it.
    http://www.christonium.com/culinaryr..._With_Raw_Eggs

So knowing this I no longer need to worry about eggs. If I am ever concerned about it I can just Pasteurize my own just like I can make my own MMS!

Who needs the FDA anyway?

7. Link to Post #7
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Well Said Bomack!

thx for the info...

i personaly prefer duck eggs but i buy both from an organic farm....as fresh as can be

no recall here i believe

8. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

the many uses of eggs...prescott was a deputy prime minister at the time...

l
    Last edited by lightblue; 27th August 2010 at 22:55.

9. Link to Post #9
    Bomack

Quote Posted by Celine (here)
    Well Said Bomack!

thx for the info...

i personaly prefer duck eggs but i buy both from an organic farm....as fresh as can be

no recall here i believe
    Duck eggs? YUM! Haven't had any in a long time but I love 'em! I grew up on a family farm. I must say, as I'm growing older I'm missing it more and more.

Good Stuff!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by lightblue (here)
    the many uses of eggs...prescott was a deputy prime minister at the time...
    What a waste . . . NOW I'M HUNGRY! LOL!!!

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

nicely said Bomack, I love Duck eggs, way more flavor~, I eat homegrown eggs from good clean hens that are free range from a local resident. Really the egg thing is silly, It is likely that the feed was infected and so now are the chickens. Eggs or not, we must stop the bill, it is a load of crap geared to control every bit of food we consume.
    Why not now?

11. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote: "Really? Do you mean like Rocky style, crack it open then swallow it? You haven't had any problems at all?"

Yep, they really have no taste. Just drop a couple in a glass and gulp them down. Never a single problem. Raw eggs, bananas, apples, wheat grass, bee pollen. That's my diet.

+ Reply to Thread