+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Split of the Moon. What the hell is going on up there?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Split of the Moon. What the hell is going on up there?

I found this video that seems to show the moon split by something unknown. I have no idea what this could be and there are multiple people who caught this. I guess its time to get a telescope.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to applecrusher1992 For This Post:

aranuk (24th October 2012), bluestflame (25th October 2012), Chester (24th October 2012), Dawn (24th October 2012), Draco (24th October 2012), ghostrider (25th October 2012), mab777 (24th October 2012), Maia Gabrial (26th October 2012), Ontarioguy (24th October 2012), penn (24th October 2012), Referee (24th October 2012), Rollo (24th October 2012), ROMANWKT (24th October 2012), RunningDeer (24th October 2012), sandy (24th October 2012), truth4me (24th October 2012), WhiteFeather (24th October 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Default Re: Split of the Moon. What the hell is going on up there?

Wow just discovered this....from Wiki

The splitting of the moon (Arabic: انشقاق القمر‎) was a miracle attributed to the prophet Muhammad,[1] derived from the Qur'anic verse 54:1-2, and mentioned by Muslim traditions such as the Asbab al-nuzul (context of revelation). Some Muslim commentators interpret the event as a literal split in the moon, while others identify it as an optical illusion. Some assert that the verse refers to something that will happen at the day of judgement, not to a miracle performed by the prophet.

Early traditions supporting a literal interpretation are transmitted on the authority of companions of Muhammad such as Ibn Abbas, Anas bin Malik, Abdullah bin Masud and others.[2][3] According to the Indian Muslim scholar Abdullah Yusuf Ali, the moon will split again when the day of judgment approaches. He says that the verse may also have an allegorical meaning, i.e. the matter has become clear as the moon.[4][5] The Qur'anic verse 54:1-2 was part of the debate between medieval Muslim theologians and Muslim philosophers over the issue of the inviolability of heavenly bodies. Philosophers held that the heavenly bodies could not be pierced because unlike the terrestrial matter, they were not composed of the four fundamental elements of earth, air, fire, and water.[5] Some other rationalistic Muslim thinkers had difficulties accepting any preternatural event, and sometimes argued that only an appearance of the split of the moon had happened.[4]

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

aranuk (24th October 2012), bluestflame (25th October 2012), Chester (24th October 2012), Dawn (24th October 2012), GaelVictor (24th October 2012), mahalall (25th October 2012), Nanoo Nanoo (24th October 2012), Referee (24th October 2012), Rollo (24th October 2012), skamandar (28th October 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,060 times in 909 posts

well, nothing much there as far as I can tell,
    first bit looks like over exposure and I then sat thru 8 mins. of video to see a vapour trail or chemtrail pass in front of the moon....

yawn...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Eram (24th October 2012), modwiz (24th October 2012), nomadguy (26th October 2012), RMorgan (24th October 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

After seeing this clip I googled 'split moon' to see if anyone else spoke of it. Obviously if something like that had really happened there would be loads of documentation. But I found no one else claiming to have witnessed anything similar. But I did come accross the info I posted above. I had never heard of the prophecy of the split moon before judgement day, and think it is interesting that this surfaced now. I wonder if the guy in the video has heard of the prophecy.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

1inMany (24th October 2012), Chester (24th October 2012), Fred Steeves (24th October 2012), mahalall (25th October 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Well if this is real then this is a sign for the split and shift.

Im guessing here and going right out on a limb but it looks to me the moon is the first to be duplicated.

I looked at the moon today and senced something not right with it.

Like i said the next few feeks is gonna be a doozy :-)

I got my tin foil hat, supplies, and evac plan ready and a nice set of binoculars to watch :-)

Hugs

N

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Horsepucky you can see the ouyline of the supposed missing chunk, like someone used their microsoft tools and traced a rocky edge, shaded it, and picked a resembling charcoal grey filler, followed by the spray painy curser, to blend and conceal the edges.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (24th October 2012), RMorgan (24th October 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey guys,

Come on...You have to stop believing every crazy youtube video out there.

I couldn´t see anything abnormal in this video, besides a guy filming the moon with a stick in front of it in the first images and a camera artifact or contrail in front of it in the last ones.

The moon is ok.

Anyway, just go and check for yourselves this night.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 24th October 2012 at 13:19.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

blufire (24th October 2012), Eram (24th October 2012), GaelVictor (24th October 2012), Marianne (24th October 2012), Möbius (24th October 2012), Tane Mahuta (25th October 2012), watchZEITGEISTnow (25th October 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Quote Posted by meat suit (here)
    well, nothing much there as far as I can tell,
    first bit looks like over exposure and I then sat thru 8 mins. of video to see a vapour trail or chemtrail pass in front of the moon....

yawn...
    But she explicitly said vaughn5001 made the same observation...? Also with over exposure?

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Hey guys,

Come on...You have to stop believing every crazy youtube video out there.

I couldn´t see anything abnormal in this video, besides a guy filming the moon with a stick in front of it in the first images and a camera artifact or contrail in front of it in the last ones.

The moon is ok.

Raf.
    I understand but then I wonder,...why would anybody pull such a silly trick...There are indeed many ways to get attention and/or become famous but this method won't work and anyone can figure that out.

16. Link to Post #10
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    I understand but then I wonder,...why would anybody pull such a silly trick...There are indeed many ways to get attention and/or become famous but this method won't work and anyone can figure that out.
    Well, my friend, I have no idea.

All I can conclude is that, judging by the incredibly high number of fake/misleading/hoax videos on youtube, most people either have a very weird sense of humor or they´re really stupid.

This video is a great example. How could the guy not realize that, in the first part of the video, there was something in front of the telescope ( a stick, a tree branch, a cobweb, whatever) , giving the moon that split look? Either he is very stupid not to perceive that or he´s simply hoaxing.

Raf.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Carmody (24th October 2012), GaelVictor (24th October 2012), Nick Matkin (24th October 2012)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

'ignorant' is the better choice in English, Raf. stupid means incapable of learning, as in mentally retarded. Ignorant means 'not knowing', thus it is the more polite choice.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

GaelVictor (24th October 2012), RMorgan (24th October 2012)

20. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Reminds me of a thread on this forum not too long ago where people were claiming that the moon was not in its proper place... that is was mislocated in the sky... and another thread (or possibly the same thread) that claimed that the big dipper was not in its proper location either..

I was astounded that they had noticed this while the rest of humanity had not. I had to tape my mouth shut to keep from over expressing myself as I knew it really woudn't be worth it.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Nick Matkin (24th October 2012), RMorgan (24th October 2012), Ultima Thule (24th October 2012)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by applecrusher1992 (here)
    I found this video that seems to show the moon split by something unknown. I have no idea what this could be and there are multiple people who caught this. I guess its time to get a telescope.

looks like a starship
    Chris....... Free your mind

23. Link to Post #14
    Netherlands Avalon Member GaelVictor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 times in 316 posts

Hillbilly's with a lens, what did you expect?
    "Dodecahedron; 12 faces 20 points 30 edges 6480 degrees"

24. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Ya that doesn't look too much like anything to be concerned about.

On a somewhat similar note, as a small child, maybe 10 or so, I spent a fair bit of time thinking about how we should destroy the moon. The question that it needed to be destroyed in my mind was already made up - there was no question, it had to go. I simulated in my head various ways to get the task done, but none worked without at least some catastrophic results to earth. Today, my big questions are quite often .. "Why the heck was I even thinking about these things?"
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Kiforall (25th October 2012), ozlemer (25th October 2012), Referee (24th October 2012), RMorgan (24th October 2012)

26. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 times in 246 posts

Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)
    I got my tin foil hat, supplies, and evac plan ready and a nice set of binoculars to watch :-)
    A university study showed that tin foil hats actually magnify EMF signals so I'd forget that one.
    "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly."
    Richard Bach

27. The Following User Says Thank You to WyoSeeker For This Post:

4evrneo (24th October 2012)

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    Well, my friend, I have no idea.

All I can conclude is that, judging by the incredibly high number of fake/misleading/hoax videos on youtube, most people either have a very weird sense of humor or they´re really stupid.

This video is a great example. How could the guy not realize that, in the first part of the video, there was something in front of the telescope ( a stick, a tree branch, a cobweb, whatever) , giving the moon that split look? Either he is very stupid not to perceive that or he´s simply hoaxing.

Raf.
    Yes, I see but it's odd too that the shape of the moon shifted simultaneously. Can a tree branch do that to the moon?

&

Reserving the right to be ignorant at set times

29. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Quote Posted by WyoSeeker (here)
    Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)
    A university study showed that tin foil hats actually magnify EMF signals so I'd forget that one.
    An in-house study using tin foil and your wireless router's antenna proves otherwise.

What university is this?? So i know to stay the hell away and ignore anything they claim to have discoverd?

30. Link to Post #19

31. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

could it be the moon we see is a hologram, being messed with by the sun's radiation ? We have no way to verify that object is the real moon. could be one of those meteor's whizzing by and leaving a dust trail ... dunno . very cool anyway, I love looking at the moon at night anyhoo. It has always had a pull on me, compelling me to focus on it , like a mystery hanging there, waiting for me to realize something, or see it , but really see it, like there is more than what I see before me. you guys get that feeling to ??
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

bluestflame (25th October 2012), Mandala (25th October 2012), ozlemer (25th October 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast