+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lana Cantrell - The Greatest Story Never Told

1. Link to Post #1
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

Default Lana Cantrell - The Greatest Story Never Told

I have just finished reading her book and wanted to know what your views are?
    Here are some readers reviews from Amazon.. I will post mine a little later..

1 / This is a voluminous book, one which displays the author's impressive knowledge and research efforts. She has used her unique skills in holistic medicine, biology, and physiology to assist in her forensic analysis of ancient civilizations, their possible origins, and the reason for the collapse of advanced civilizations in ages past. This book was a landmark effort at the time of its original publication. While some of the author's conclusions seem inadequate, there are also many excellent insights and revelations about the civilizations of antiquity and earlier, as well as the nature of the "gods" of ancient cultures, who were very much humanoid in nature and prone to engage in competitive and conflictual behaviors, as well as efforts to gain loyalty and subservience from Earth's residents.
    This work could benefit from some revision and proofreading, while it stands out as a very passionate dissertation and source of progressive research and ideas about ancient history and anthropology.
    For those who would like to read it and don't mind downloading it, click on the link below..

2 / If you're not highly motivated don't bother. If you're not truly searching with an open mind don't bother. This book is most assuredly not for the "average" so-called reader. The sad thing is that it hurts me to type this because the information is stunning. I didn't know what to expect with the book outside of the covering ancient civilizations and cultures of the Vedas (and, boy, does she!). The portions on diet and health truly grabbed me - partially because I wasn't expecting it and the truth of what she had documented (yes, I painstakingly researched much of her claims & implemented them as well; they work). The chapter on Sitology (Chapter 21, I believe) makes this astounding book worth it's weight in gold (even at current prices).

In fact, this book brings up more questions than the astounding amount of answers. I'd like to sit and talk with Dr. Cantrell about her phenomenal work. Doctoral thesis? Wow!! I'd have love to have been there when you presented and defended this!

Thank you to Romankt for bringing this book to my attention..

http://www.scribd.com/doc/59684072/T...rrine-Cantrell

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kersley For This Post:

Belle (1st November 2012), buckminster fuller (31st October 2012), christian (31st October 2012), Eram (31st October 2012), ezone (31st October 2012), Lisab (3rd November 2012), Lone Bean (31st October 2012), Maunagarjana (1st November 2012), modwiz (2nd November 2012), Operator (1st November 2012), PurpleLama (31st October 2012), Star Tsar (31st October 2012), Tarka the Duck (1st November 2012), TOTHE (1st November 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Lana Cantrell - The Greatest Story Never Told

I've read the first three chapters of part one and have to take a break. My only disappointment, aside from the barrage of information that at times is overwhelming, is her attacks on the intellect and character of prior theorists. It diminishes her to batter others rather than allow the reader to weigh the evidence and form their own opinions. Just prior to beginning my hiatus from reading it, she dismissed Darwin's works because he was a "masturbator"?! I'm not terribly interested in the author's proclivities, I'm just looking for information.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zelig For This Post:

kersley (1st November 2012), Tarka the Duck (1st November 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

I only wished more people would read it

regards to you Kersley and thanks

roman

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

Belle (1st November 2012), kersley (1st November 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Quote Posted by Zelig (here)
    Just prior to beginning my hiatus from reading it, she dismissed Darwin's works because he was a "masturbator"?! I'm not terribly interested in the author's proclivities, I'm just looking for information.
    Well, there goes my credibility.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

hohoemi (2nd October 2013), kersley (1st November 2012), Maunagarjana (1st November 2012), modwiz (2nd November 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

I'm struggling here…!

This book has brought up the eternal question, "When a person expresses extreme views in one subject, should I listen to anything else that they have to say?" At what point do I decide that life is too short to spend time reading any more of their ideas? I've only read part of the book because, as I said on Roman's thread, the following is so outrageous that, for me, it casts a shadow over any of her other "theories".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Any parent experiencing crib death has committed blatant murder.”

Female circumcision is to be praised.

Women should be "cloistered", away from sunlight, men and activity as they “instinctively fear the unpredictable”, and sudden movement can "cause an egg to erupt".

Women who wear trousers are "freaks". Trousers also cause cancer in women.

Too much reading and study causes brain tumours in women.

Proper, gynic women find it “complimentary and dutious” to serve.

Their intelligence is geared to “their small, enclosed world of home and children as life intends”. They also have small hearts and are likely to die in surgery.

Proper, gynic women cannot ever be doctors. Menstruating women “have no place at the surgery table where brain power is needed”.

Andric women are responsible for “all the woes of this time”.

For a woman to sit on a chair or the floor leads to automatic masturbation, as does riding a bike or a horse. And dancing is
    “pure onanism”. She claims that women of today suffer constantly from bladder problems and infections of the sexual organs precisely because they sit on their vagina and anus.

“Lesbianism is well known in working women”.

Working women have children who are “licentious, disobedient, drug and alcohol dependent and morally depraved” and suffer from “mental retardation, crib death, hyperactivity, learning disabilities, disease and dysfunction”.

Had the space shuttle not had such a “cargoload of gynandromorphs aboard” it would not have crashed. Proper, gynic women can't go into space. In fact, they can't even bear to go into an aeroplane as they have fewer red blood cells.

Menstruation is a sign of illness, as is menopause..

Children born by IVF “don't look right”.

When men are present at the birth of their children, they can become impotent for up to a year or more.

One of the roles of the vagina is to allow the removal of hot air from the uterus so that it doesn't overheat.

She refers to methods of contraception as “Nazi death camp devices”, and maternity wards are referred to as “Nazi death camps” where women are denied the choice of birthing positions, and are forced to give birth horizontally...which accounts for her claim that 20% of American citizens born in hospital have “very severe mental derangements”.

Proper, gynic women will die when their husband dies. Suttee is a “very misunderstood biological phenomena” and it “does for women what would normally happen naturally” as to live on after your husband's death was considered to be morally wrong.

We can't listen to anything Dr Steven Hawking says because he's disabled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly, you couldn't make it up !!

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

13th Warrior (1st November 2012), angelahedgehog (1st November 2012), Carmen (2nd November 2012), Corncrake (1st November 2012), hohoemi (2nd October 2013), learninglight (1st November 2012), Lisab (3rd November 2012), Maunagarjana (1st November 2012), modwiz (2nd November 2012), Nickolai (1st November 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

13th Warrior (1st November 2012), Corncrake (1st November 2012), Gardener (1st November 2012), kersley (1st November 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (1st November 2012), Lisab (3rd November 2012), Maunagarjana (1st November 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    UK Avalon Member angelahedgehog's Avatar
    Thanks

If her assessment of present society is that far off, then can anything she says about ancient civilisations be anything other than twaddle?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelahedgehog For This Post:

Maunagarjana (1st November 2012), Tarka the Duck (1st November 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ROMANWKT (here)
    I only wished more people would read it

regards to you Kersley and thanks

roman
    I have not given up on it Roman, just coming up for air. Thanks also for suggesting it.

**I retract the above statement**
    Last edited by Zelig; 1st November 2012 at 12:50.

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    I'm struggling here…!

This book has brought up the eternal question, "When a person expresses extreme views in one subject, should I listen to anything else that they have to say?" At what point do I decide that life is too short to spend time reading any more of their ideas? I've only read part of the book because, as I said on Roman's thread, the following is so outrageous that, for me, it casts a shadow over any of her other "theories".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Any parent experiencing crib death has committed blatant murder.”

Female circumcision is to be praised.

Women should be "cloistered", away from sunlight, men and activity as they “instinctively fear the unpredictable”, and sudden movement can "cause an egg to erupt".

Women who wear trousers are "freaks". Trousers also cause cancer in women.

Too much reading and study causes brain tumours in women.

Proper, gynic women find it “complimentary and dutious” to serve.

Their intelligence is geared to “their small, enclosed world of home and children as life intends”. They also have small hearts and are likely to die in surgery.

Proper, gynic women cannot ever be doctors. Menstruating women “have no place at the surgery table where brain power is needed”.

Andric women are responsible for “all the woes of this time”.

For a woman to sit on a chair or the floor leads to automatic masturbation, as does riding a bike or a horse. And dancing is
    “pure onanism”. She claims that women of today suffer constantly from bladder problems and infections of the sexual organs precisely because they sit on their vagina and anus.

“Lesbianism is well known in working women”.

Working women have children who are “licentious, disobedient, drug and alcohol dependent and morally depraved” and suffer from “mental retardation, crib death, hyperactivity, learning disabilities, disease and dysfunction”.

Had the space shuttle not had such a “cargoload of gynandromorphs aboard” it would not have crashed. Proper, gynic women can't go into space. In fact, they can't even bear to go into an aeroplane as they have fewer red blood cells.

Menstruation is a sign of illness, as is menopause..

Children born by IVF “don't look right”.

When men are present at the birth of their children, they can become impotent for up to a year or more.

One of the roles of the vagina is to allow the removal of hot air from the uterus so that it doesn't overheat.

She refers to methods of contraception as “Nazi death camp devices”, and maternity wards are referred to as “Nazi death camps” where women are denied the choice of birthing positions, and are forced to give birth horizontally...which accounts for her claim that 20% of American citizens born in hospital have “very severe mental derangements”.

Proper, gynic women will die when their husband dies. Suttee is a “very misunderstood biological phenomena” and it “does for women what would normally happen naturally” as to live on after your husband's death was considered to be morally wrong.

We can't listen to anything Dr Steven Hawking says because he's disabled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly, you couldn't make it up !!
    Thank you! These highlights tell me that my gut instinct was right and I really appreciate having been spared from what awaited me further into this book. Good grief!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zelig For This Post:

13th Warrior (1st November 2012), Lisab (3rd November 2012), modwiz (2nd November 2012), Tarka the Duck (1st November 2012), Wind (2nd November 2012)

19. Link to Post #11
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

There's a lot more to the book than written above. Maybe we should all read it from start to finish then share our views?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kersley For This Post:

Belle (1st November 2012), Kiforall (10th February 2013), ROMANWKT (1st November 2012)

21. Link to Post #12
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kersley (here)
    There's a lot more to the book than written above. Maybe we should all read it from start to finish then share our views?
    I know...that's my dilemma, as I said in my post above... At what point in the 1000 pages does one make the decision to continue or to abort?

Kathie
    Last edited by Tarka the Duck; 1st November 2012 at 13:14.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

13th Warrior (1st November 2012), angelahedgehog (1st November 2012), Lisab (3rd November 2012), Metaphor (1st November 2012), modwiz (2nd November 2012), Nickolai (1st November 2012)

23. Link to Post #13
    England Avalon Member learninglight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 times in 315 posts

Hi all

Have got half way through and have now stopped reading the book, which is not like me, i kept getting this gut feeling the writer is pushing an agenda, eugenics

The book was written in German, then translated to English

At present i'm trying to get some info on the author which is time consuming to say the least haha

Sharon

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to learninglight For This Post:

Tarka the Duck (1st November 2012), Zelig (1st November 2012)

25. Link to Post #14
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hello Sharon...good luck with that research!! There is very little out there about her (or if there is, I haven't been able to find it). I've emailed the associations of which she claims to be a member, and will post on here if I get replies.

Kathie

Update:
    I've had a reply from the American Advancement of Science, who said that in the interests of confidentiality, they can't disclose details of their membership. Seems rather cloak'n'dagger...!

The Paleopathology Association replied to say that their membership isn't selective, and that anyone can become a member: membership isn't indicative of any form of endorsement or validation.
    Last edited by Tarka the Duck; 1st November 2012 at 20:18.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

Zelig (1st November 2012)

27. Link to Post #15
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    Hi Tony

Are we talking about the same thing here, because we are talking about a book, and not making of nuclear bombs, and how would you know if its dangerous, when you admitted yourself that you just skimmed through it, when myself and others are saying that you should read it first.

what is this , thought policing.

respectfully yours

roman

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

Belle (1st November 2012), Eram (1st November 2012), kersley (1st November 2012), Tony (1st November 2012)

29. Link to Post #16
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Tony

Are we talking about the same thing here, because we are talking about a book, and not making of nuclear bombs, and how would you know if its dangerous, when you admitted yourself that you just skimmed through it, when myself and others are saying that you should read it first.

respectfully yours

roman

Hello Roman,

Ordinarily there is much to read to find what is and was going on in the world, and not much time available to all of us.
    There was nothing in her writing to suggested she added to real knowledge. There doesn't need any discussion, this is just her opinion.

If you want to discuss any portion of her work I am willing to listen. What do you think?

All the best,
    Tony

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

kersley (1st November 2012), ROMANWKT (1st November 2012)

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

I'm becoming rather curious why people would post their opinion on a book they have only partially read...as if it were their intent to bias others and keep them from reading further. Oooo, booga, booga!

How can one pass judgment on partial information? Should we disregard everything someone says because we disagree with some of what they say? If so, why are there so many people still at Avalon where people don't ever agree on everything?

I can make up my own mind, thank you very much.

I'm in the process of reading the book...with an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out. There is a lot of good information to be gleaned...aside from the glaring judgments the author herself makes.

My opinion will be formed after I have completed reading and digested the information...it is then, and only then, I will discuss it.

Once again, thank you, Roman for bringing us this book...and thank you kersley for your suggestion to actually read it from start to finish before sharing our views.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

kersley (1st November 2012), Lisab (3rd November 2012), modwiz (2nd November 2012), ROMANWKT (1st November 2012)

33. Link to Post #18
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks

Hi Tony

respectfully yours

roman

Hello Roman,

Ordinarily there is much to read to find what is and was going on in the world, and not much time available to all of us.
    There was nothing in her writing to suggested she added to real knowledge. There doesn't need any discussion, this is just her opinion.

If you want to discuss any portion of her work I am willing to listen. What do you think?

All the best,
    Tony
    Hi Tony

Great Idea about the discussion, you start first with this dangerous knowledge you mentioned.

Regards to you

roman

34. Link to Post #19
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Belle (here)
    I'm becoming rather curious why people would post their opinion on a book they have only partially read...as if it were their intent to bias others and keep them from reading further. Oooo, booga, booga!

How can one pass judgment on partial information? Should we disregard everything someone says because we disagree with some of what they say? If so, why are there so many people still at Avalon where people don't ever agree on everything?

I can make up my own mind, thank you very much.

I'm in the process of reading the book...with an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out. There is a lot of good information to be gleaned...aside from the glaring judgments the author herself makes.

My opinion will be formed after I have completed reading and digested the information...it is then, and only then, I will discuss it.

Once again, thank you, Roman for bringing us this book...and thank you kersley for your suggestion to actually read it from start to finish before sharing our views.
    For many of us, making a commitment to spend the time required to read 1000 page book is a major undertaking.

Speaking personally, when I reached the section where I found Dr Cantrell's opinions were becoming utterly offensive, I made the decision to stop. I'm sorry if you feel that means I have no right to express an opinion.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

Belle (1st November 2012), Lisab (3rd November 2012), ROMANWKT (1st November 2012)

36. Link to Post #20
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Tony

respectfully yours

roman

Hello Roman,

All the best,
    Tony
    Hi Tony

Great Idea about the discussion, you start first with this dangerous knowledge you mentioned.

Regards to you

roman

Okidoki, let's start here....“Any parent experiencing crib death has committed blatant murder.”

My greatest concern is discussion about opinions about cot deaths, is taking away any discussion about either what is going on in the world now, or more importantly, what is being done to people's minds.

All the best,
    Tony

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

angelahedgehog (2nd November 2012), ROMANWKT (1st November 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast