Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst 1 5 15 25 65 77 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama 2012

1. Link to Post #281
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,094 times in 21,066 posts

Default Re: Walter Jones would impeach Obama; Biden spoke of impeaching Bush; Confused video

Sen. Joe Biden on Shalom TV:

Joe Biden says I am a zionist:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. Link to Post #282
    Language
    Thanks

Default Re: Walter Jones would impeach Obama; Biden spoke of impeaching Bush; Confused video

I was not the original poster & maker of the title ... gave the proper credits in the more info section on youtube. I changed the Title so that guyz like you get some credit having a critical & healthy skeptical mind! No problems with that.

cheers,
    John
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

3. Link to Post #283
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

Hey Exo,

The story has got it all wrong. The remarks were in reference to Bush, not about Obama. This story is based on faulty reporting. Take a look at the info presented in the thread and see what you think. Maybe change the thread title to something else so folks won't get the wrong idea and think this story is accurate.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Calz (13th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #284
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Quote Posted by CurtisW (here)
    Hi Calz, there is some confusion on this issue.

reading a little further on in the article that you've sited above from humanevents:

"..Gosh, I’m sorry folks, I made a really silly mistake here. I forgot to set the date parameters in my Google search. This is all stuff the Democrats said a few years ago about Bush, not Obama. They were talking about operations in Iraq, and the looming possibility of action against Iran. The only person mentioned above who actually has been treating Obama the same as Bush is Dennis Kucinich. The “recently elected senator” who firmly informed the Boston Globe that unilateral Presidential military action in the absence of an imminent threat is un-Constitutional was Barack Obama himself...."

Biden didn't say it. This is a story about Biden's comments on Bush's regime.

Should Biden be saying it about Obama? Yes. Did he? No.

I just want to make sure we have the facts straight so nobody wastes their time looking into a botched news story based on a misunderstanding of the facts.

Don't mean to keep harping on this, but just want to keep us on track.

Thank you, Thank you CurtisW for all your efforts to keep this thread based on current facts.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

aranuk (12th March 2012), Calz (12th March 2012), Curt (12th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), jackovesk (13th March 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (12th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #285
    Language
    Thanks

~why is that so important for you that for Obama there is no need for accountability and Bush "must" be held accountable! Why 2 different standards?

Is it not that Biden is a hypocrite if he was talking about Bush, meanwhile I also know Biden was referring to ANY future President ... so please do not play the "innocent".

8. Link to Post #286
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    ~why is that so important for you that for Obama there is no need for accountability and Bush "must" be held accountable! Why 2 different standards?

Is it not that Biden is a hypocrite if he was talking about Bush, meanwhile I also know Biden was referring to ANY future President ... so please do not play the "innocent".
    Nobody is defending Obama. Of course, he should be held to account. And it goes without saying that he is just as bad as Bush. None of that is at question.

That doesn't mean we can ignore facts, though. The story posted was factually incorrect. Biden isn't backing an impeachment of Obama.

It would be great if he were...but he's not.

We have to pay attention to the stuff that is actually happening and not get sidetracked by junk news that leads us down dead ends...

And yes, Biden is a massive hypocrite...and Obama is a bog-standard, criminal politician...nobody's questioning that or defending these guys
    Last edited by Curt; 12th March 2012 at 20:15.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Calz (13th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), jackovesk (13th March 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), TargeT (12th March 2012)

10. Link to Post #287
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: Children Intentionally Killed in Afghanistan? SHAME ON YOU OBAMA

War related mental health problems amongst soldiers and slow response for help now the focus of blame
    Chicago Tribune News, March 12

Afghanistan shootings are latest trouble linked to Lewis-McChord

By Kim Murphy and Christi Parsons
    12:34 p.m. CDT, March 12, 2012

Reporting from Seattle and Washington, D.C.—
    The staff sergeant who turned himself in after the recent shooting deaths of 16 Afghan civilians was based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, a sprawling suburban Army facility south of Tacoma, Wash. It's the biggest military base on the West Coast — and one of the most troubled in the Army.

Lewis-McChord, a major staging area for troops going to and from Iraq and Afghanistan, has been plagued over the last two years by a wave of suicides, killings and domestic violence. It was also the scene of the high-profile courts martial of a “kill team” of soldiers on charges of murdering Afghan civilians in Kandahar province for sport.

A U.S. official told the Los Angeles Times that the serviceman now in custody in the latest shootings is a 38-year-old father of two who has spent 11 years in the Army.

He is a veteran of three tours of duty in Iraq and was on his first deployment to Afghanistan, serving as security for special forces in the Kandahar region.

“The individual was augmenting [special operations forces] personnel and his primary responsibility was force protection at the combat outpost," a senior defense official said.

Last month, two investigations were launched at the base’s Madigan Healthcare System after more than 200 soldiers had their diagnoses of post-traumatic stress disorder set aside following cursory forensic psychiatry reviews — boosting longstanding complaints among soldiers and their families that help for war-related mental health problems has been slow and hard to access.

Madigan’s director, Col. Dallas Homas, has been suspended pending the outcome of the inquiries. The probes follow years of complaints from Lewis-McChord soldiers and their families that soldiers are discouraged by their peers from seeking mental health counseling. Many also say that victims of stress often must endure long waits for an appointment for mental health assistance.

A number of soldiers at Lewis-McChord, like the staff sergeant identified in the Kandahar civilian shootings, have deployed three or more times to Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Times reported in December that Lewis-McChord, a joint Army and Air Force facility with nearly 60,000 military and civilian staff, has seen 62 soldier suicides since 2002, as many as 12 of them last year.

Combat stress and other emotional problems have been a problem throughout the Army, not just at Lewis-McChord. The Army’s public health command reported last week that suicides among soldiers rose 80% between 2004 and 2008, with about a fourth of those linked to combat experience in Iraq.

Communities around Lewis-McChord and other high-deployment bases have also seen troubling rises in crime, domestic violence and other violent crimes, often committed by soldiers with multiple combat deployments.

Earlier this year, a 24-year-old Iraq war veteran shot and killed a park ranger at Mt. Rainier National Park. In December, a Lewis-McChord soldier was charged with premeditated murder in the late-night stabbing of a 19-year-old woman in a Seattle suburb. The wife of a Lewis-McChord sergeant testified earlier this month that her husband doused her legs in lighter fluid and lit her on fire. Other cases have involved a father accused of waterboarding his child, and a soldier who killed his wife and hid her body in the garage.

The highest-profile case so far involved the so-called “kill team” in Kandahar province. Military prosecutors said it went in search of Afghan civilians to kill, setting up “scenarios” that made it look as though the soldiers had been attacked. The group from 5th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, led by Staff Sgt. Calvin Gibbs, kept victims' fingers and other gruesome mementos of the killings.

Testimony in the 2010 case played out in a military courtroom for much of last year, with Gibbs ultimately being sentenced in November to life in prison. Three other soldiers were also sentenced to prison.

GI Voice, a local anti-war veterans support group outside Lewis-McChord that has campaigned for better mental health services, on Sunday called for a congressional investigation into the “multiple crises coming from this rogue base.”

“In 10 years of war, JBLM has produced a Kill Team, suicide epidemic, denials of PTSD treatment, denials of human rights in the brig, spousal abuse and a waterboarded daughter, murders of civilians (including a park ranger), increased sex crimes, substance abuse… and much more,” GI Voice’s executive director, Jorge Gonzalez, an Iraq war veteran from Lewis-McChord, said in the statement.

“These abuses are not because of a few bad apples, but because of the base's systematic dehumanization of soldiers and civilians, both in occupied countries and at home.

“It’s surprising, but it’s no longer a shock,” Gonzalez added in an interview. “I just keep expecting, what else is going to happen out of this base?”

The group has scheduled a vigil to memorialize the victims of Sunday’s shooting at 6 p.m. outside one of the base's main gates.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6884763.story

A STORY BUILDING BACK IN DECEMBER, ALSO SEE: A Base on the Brink, As is the Community´Lewis-McChord's Washington state neighbors are feeling the psychic toll of war (December 26, 2011)

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec...tress-20111226

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (14th March 2012), Calz (15th March 2012)

12. Link to Post #288
    Language
    Thanks

WHAT PART OF:

I was not the original poster & maker of the title ... gave the proper credits in the more info section on youtube. I changed the Title so that guyz like you get some credit having a critical & healthy skeptical mind! No problems with that.

cheers,
    John

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? CurtisW ????

13. Link to Post #289
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Walter Jones would impeach Obama; Biden spoke of impeaching Bush; Confused video

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    WHAT PART OF:

cheers,
    John

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? CurtisW ????
    Edited 03/12/12. (I was too quick to be conciliatory in order to get out of a silly conversation. Shouldn't have done that. Lesson learned. In the future will continue to either stand ground, or just exit--no half measures.)

Last edited by Curt; 13th March 2012 at 08:34.

14. Link to Post #290
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

What I had posted makes no sense now... Laughing at my self.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th March 2012 at 21:04.

15. Link to Post #291
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

As you can see the hate is clear. What has this man done. They won't be satisfied until he's crucified. They just love to hate the blahman.

Even here you get the video scammers trying to mix one statement from 2007, and place it in the 2012 date. Are you a member of Ruperts perversion of truth brigade? I have been watching the comments on here for a long time. Sadly, they never have anything good to say about this President. Just drumming up dehumanization and misinformation to feed the hatemongers. And now the negativity is here.

With all the political slam fest sites, can you answer me, why here? What has my spirituality, got to do with the lies, misinformation and hatred, that is presented everywhere else.

I asked 1st Lady before they moved into the White House, where on this planet, can I go that will not hate me for my color, where for once in my life, i can wake up free of the racism. I don't want it for a couple of months, years, I want to be accepted always, loved always, respected always. My life is ready for some peace. There have been times, when I wanted to quit, attempted to quit, but still I rose. But rose into what? The same hatefilled land of NO acceptance.

I pray that people will understand how important it is for me to purge the pain after 54 years. I think it was time it's said and thought about. A woman without a promised land. They are all in our private parts, does no one care?

16. Link to Post #292
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Who needs troops when you have neutron bombs.....Bring the troops back later to protect the oil fields.

17. Link to Post #293
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Gordon Duff at VT gives a nice brief summary of it here:http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/03...u-and-neocons/

Obama Impreachment Scam Tied To Nethanyahu and Neocons

18. Link to Post #294
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,975 times in 5,652 posts

IMHFO, Joe Biden and The Motley Crue Governments Of The Past And Present, including The Congress and All The Lobbyist Sheisters. Should All Be Fitted With The Silver Bracelets and Tried For War Crimes Immediately. After they are all found guilty, they should be transported Forthwith To A Solar System Far Far Away From Our Galaxy, And Placed On A Planet that can barely sustain any lifeforms. ~SO BE IT~ Nuff Said.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

jackovesk (13th March 2012), modwiz (13th March 2012), RunningDeer (12th March 2012), Sebastion (12th March 2012)

20. Link to Post #295
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,585 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    As you can see the hate is clear. What has this man done. They won't be satisfied until he's crucified. They just love to hate the blahman.

Even here you get the video scammers trying to mix one statement from 2007, and place it in the 2012 date. Are you a member of Ruperts perversion of truth brigade? I have been watching the comments on here for a long time. Sadly, they never have anything good to say about this President. Just drumming up dehumanization and misinformation to feed the hatemongers. And now the negativity is here.

With all the political slam fest sites, can you answer me, why here? What has my spirituality, got to do with the lies, misinformation and hatred, that is presented everywhere else.

I asked 1st Lady before they moved into the White House, where on this planet, can I go that will not hate me for my color, where for once in my life, i can wake up free of the racism. I don't want it for a couple of months, years, I want to be accepted always, loved always, respected always. My life is ready for some peace. There have been times, when I wanted to quit, attempted to quit, but still I rose. But rose into what? The same hatefilled land of NO acceptance.

I pray that people will understand how important it is for me to purge the pain after 54 years. I think it was time it's said and thought about. A woman without a promised land. They are all in our private parts, does no one care?
    Lifebringer, can you clarify your position, please. It sounds like you're angry at the video maker, for going after Obama.

"What has this man done?" Do you mean Obama? Well, first let's step back a moment and address that Avalon IS an appropriate venue to discuss the tiers of structure of the Global Rulers/Dark Cabal, and anyone that supports them - especially politicians in high office in the land of the Cabal's war machine. If you like, endorse, or admire ANY political figures, you should realize that they are all under scrutiny as minions of the Dark Cabal. I'm actually astounded to meet anyone in 2012 that can ask "what has this man done", if indeed your reference is to Obama. He broke every campaign promise, reversed himself on every issue, in essence giving "W" Bush a third term. You would have had to love "W" to love Barack - although Barak is much more eloquent when he kills, tortures, colludes with bankers and corporations, or removes rights. Well, that's not entirely accurate, because the cool, eloquent Obama has been able to outdo "W" on just about every measure of evil.

This is NOT hate. This is in defense of humanity. One MILLION Iraqi citizens dead, and Obama presided during half of the killings. Obama ORDERED drone attacks in Pakistan literally DAYS after his inauguration. Do you understand what drones are? Drones are unmanned jets with cameras and missiles. Drone "pilots" sit in office cubicles looking at a computer screen. When a "suspect" (that is, someone who is an Arab, maybe someone with brown skin, perhaps wearing the traditional garb of the area) is caught on camera, the "pilot" DECIDES that this is indeed a SUSPECTED MILITANT and fires a missile and blows him and anyone unlucky enough to by standing nearby to pieces. Funerals have been attacked by drones! People trying to rescue the injured after a drone attack are attacked by drones! How sick and insane can they get? The missile may be tipped with depleted uranium - sanctioned by Barack Obama - to guarantee that the hell continues long after the jet flies away.

Let that sink in.

Oh, and where did racism enter into this? If you need an African American (actually, I think he prefers to call himself "black") man tell you "what this man has done", articulately, do check out Glen Ford's Black Agenda Report.

Once you realize that what we are talking about here is a cold-blooded killer, a war criminal, someone that sanctions torture and indefinite detainment, etc., etc., etc. This is not behavior that should be "accepted."

And please don't believe that anyone that goes after Obama is a right-winger, a Republican, or supporter of Rupert Murdoch - I was a Democrat that voted for Obama. But, (like the "newt" scene in The Life Of Brian), I got better. I opened my eyes. Now, I would never ever, ever, ever, support anyone in either of the two war parties: Democorporates or Republicorporates.

At this late stage of the game, I would bet a quart of lanolin that nothing I could say could possibly snap an Obama supporter out of it. The egg either cracks from the inside, or it doesn't crack.

Dennis

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Calz (13th March 2012), Curt (13th March 2012), DianeKJ (13th March 2012), gripreaper (13th March 2012), Hermite (13th March 2012), jackovesk (13th March 2012), modwiz (13th March 2012), Sebastion (12th March 2012)

22. Link to Post #296
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,049 times in 934 posts

Dennis, I got suckered by Obama too. I mean how could you not after after 8 years of GW Bush?

Excellent post, thank you.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

Calz (13th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2012), DianeKJ (13th March 2012), Sebastion (12th March 2012)

24. Link to Post #297
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,602 times in 21,522 posts

I changed the Title of this thread to "Walter Jones would impeach Obama; Biden spoke of impeaching Bush; Confused video"

The opening video of this thread (rather deliberately, I presume) created a confusion between:
    1. threats that then Senator Joseph Biden made in 2007 of working to impeach then President George W. Bush, if Bush went to war without Congressional approval, and
    2. the current warnings (see here) by Republican Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina that any unauthorized offensive use of force “constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor.”
    Others have cleared up this confusion, in posts above in this thread - thanks!

The original poster had changed the thread title once, to remove the clear mistake. I just changed it again, to clearly identify the confusion.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th March 2012 at 01:18.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (13th March 2012), Curt (13th March 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2012), jackovesk (13th March 2012)

26. Link to Post #298
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by gooty64 (here)
    Dennis, I got suckered by Obama too. I mean how could you not after after 8 years of GW Bush?

I voted for him. Besides falling for the sweet song he sang, look what the alternative was. John McCain is a broken and damaged man and the bimbo he had as a running mate qualified anyone who considered her as a true 'junk' DNA.

I can thank Obama for finally getting me out of the neck straining position my head was in. Politics? Never again, until the majority of the current ones are in prison.

27. Link to Post #299
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Quote Posted by gooty64 (here)

I voted for him. Besides falling for the sweet song he sang, look what the alternative was. John McCain is a broken and damaged man and the bimbo he had as a running mate qualified anyone who considered her as a true 'junk' DNA.

I can thank Obama for finally getting me out of the neck straining position my head was in. Politics? Never again, until the majority of the current ones are in prison.
    Now *this* is taking "glass half full" to the limit

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOP.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	14529

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

DianeKJ (13th March 2012), modwiz (13th March 2012), WhiteFeather (17th March 2012)

29. Link to Post #300
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 times in 324 posts

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Several story lines here ...

Yes Biden started this in the cowboy daze ...

and yet ...

He also succumbed to vomit from the mouth into the Obama administration.

Why???

American politicians have long shedded any reason for accountability or responsibility. How else would a psychopath proceed???

Anyway ... nothing will come from the "justice" department unless something so overwhelming came along that actually registered with the 99% (you know ... like what was going to be leaked and caused a young 40ish man to die).

Many sources for this ...

Biden Demands Impeachment

The President's Own Party Turns Against Him
    By John Hayward
    3/23/2011

Barack Obama’s presidency has entered a new, and possibly terminal, stage of crisis, as Vice President Joe Biden has called for his impeachment.

“I made it clear to the President,” a furious Biden declared, “that if he takes this nation to war without Congressional approval, I will make it my business to impeach him. That is a fact.”

Biden’s comments reflect growing Democrat anger at President Obama’s unilateral military action. In the House, where the impeachment process must begin, Representative Dennis Kucinich has already begun talking about removing Obama from office, which is consistent with his previous stance on President George Bush’s invasion of Iraq. Representative Keith Ellison (D-MN), the only Muslim representative in Congress, has said “impeachment should be on the table.”

Much more: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=42466
    There is one very telling phrase here:
    Quote Biden’s comments reflect growing Democrat anger at President Obama’s unilateral military action.
    You can bet your bippy that anyone who refers to the Democratic Party as the Democrat Party is ideologically committed to its destruction.

Now, I'm not standing up in support of the Democratic Party today, but no past or present member of that party refers to it that way. It is widely viewed as a deliberate but veiled insult.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst 1 5 15 25 65 77 LastLast