+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 6 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a soul be captured?

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks

Default Re: Can a soul be captured?

hey pie,
    the soul I feel is like a spark of infinite consciousness, eternal & true, it cannot be captured, this is just an illusion, a layer of pain, we could also welcome this opportunity ..... ;-),
    love unconditionally,
    maia

2. The Following User Says Thank You to binemaya For This Post:

Tony (6th November 2012)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    Hello Zelig,

It does seem we are being primed to expect something coming. Like these expected predictions, they tend to fizzle out, but seem to also leave a sticky residue in the mind. That is neuro linguistic programming, mucking around with the ingredients in consciousness.

All appearance in the mind come to pass, like fleeting fantasies...know thyself as pure awareness.

When we can cut out the fantasies - we increase our intelligence.

yours,
    Tony
    The fantasies though, seem to comprise a large portion of modern life. I'm in no way disagreeing with you - just lamenting the difficulty of wading through it all without getting wet. When I inventory my life's highlights, I can see a distinct trend. The majority of my most significant experiences were brought about by the seemingly chance intersections with other peoples' paths. The collisions tended to temporarily take control away from my thinking and leave me as little more than an observing passenger, marvelling at the newly revealed possiblities. Sprinkled about in the intervening doldrums, were occasional, magical moments wherein I felt bliss. The reason, I believe, that I've been unable to conjure those feelings at will is that I've over-thought the situations and looked for logical, mechanical explanations. It makes sense to me now that my mind may not be the good friend that I'd always considered it to be. I've built such a co-dependant relationship with it though, that establishing boundaries is difficult. I wish we could resolve our differences amicably but it appears as though my mind is going to be a dink about this and I may require a restra...... (my typing was interrupted by a phonecall that consisted of silence and then a click- I think my own mind just crank-called me) ......restraining order.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 6th November 2012 at 20:52. Reason: fix quoting

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zelig For This Post:

Christine (7th November 2012), NancyV (7th November 2012), Tarka the Duck (7th November 2012), Tony (6th November 2012)

5. Link to Post #103
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

So...?

Can the "soul" be captured?

Well, yes. (see post # 48)

The real question that's the crux of the matter is:

Can YOU be also captured via your "soul?"

The answer is... yes, unfortunately.

How come?

It's all a matter of gradients which spectrum is reflected by the various posts, opinions, theories and hypotheses expressed in this thread.

It has to do with the reason why a "problem" cannot be solved at the level it is experienced but from the level -- or levels -- above.

Here is how it works and it also has to do with resonance and harmonics:

Let's start from the top level, differently referred to as "god," the "all there is," the "out of time and space," the "infinite eternal consciousness of now," etc...

Well, that 'non-thing" which doesn't have dimensions nor location --hence outside of "space" and therefore outside of time -- creates a space in which "experience" can be perceived.

Right there is the very glitch that allows for entrapment because that created "space" – in order to be perceived -- is made of the vibratory frequencies and qualities of the "non-thing" which created it and therefore can be manipulated via those frequencies and qualities because they are intrinsic and inherent parts and parcels of "it," that outside of space, non-located "non-thing."

Accordingly, no matter how many densities down the line and down to 3D, the resonance and harmonic frequencies of that "non-thing" can be traced back and manipulated to get back at that particular "non-thing."

Another way of putting it is that the various "creations," hence "possessions," of that "non-thing" resonate to "it."

Of course, needless to say, this works for emotional, mental, aetheric and all sorts of imaginable subtle bodies as well as all their constructs, programs, shortcomings, and all sorts of imaginable machineries accompanying these creations all through the various densities (inaccurately labeled "dimensions").

Unfortunately, the entrapments via the harmonic frequencies work better on STOs than on STSs...

"Geeez! Look at what they are doing to that body of mine! Let's go and help it... Whack!"
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Daughter of Time (13th November 2012), Tony (6th November 2012)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks

I am sure that the souls are trapped big time. In many dimensions. Energy is cultivated to fuel the "machine". Karma is helping it out. Most probably you will never escape, because you don't remember and the truth is hard to grasp.

Even when getting glimpses of true reality your life is about to expire. And yes, allover again...to infinity. From trip to another.

The body is made to forget and to be influenced. Not by chance. Night is the right time.

You don't even know who you are, not to open the issue about relationships.

OP you are so far from breaking free. Delusion is the biggest trap. I find the movie "What Dreams May Come" worth watching.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrankoL For This Post:

Flash (6th November 2012), NancyV (7th November 2012), Tony (6th November 2012)

9. Link to Post #105
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Can you free yourself from the belief of the soul?

And…WE STILL TRUST WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY??

Language programming, we see it happening today, confusing one word for the other. Soul / Spirit.

It’s a compromise right? But is only a compromise between two words. We think compromise is an agreeable word. It is. It’s a word that leads to agreements which are conditions. We compromise ourselves in being compromising people. They compromised us with confusing the soul and spirit and we agreed to it. They compromised us into thinking our strawman was us didn’t they?

The soul is an aspect of consciousness, like the mental body, the emotional body, ego. Because you were told that is your living spirit you’ve come to believe that. People still believe that the prison of consciousness is their soul, their spirit, yet should be expanded on. Make the prison bigger.

The spirit however remains uncorrupted. Our very continued existence is evidence of that. The fact that you are here arguing over something that doesn’t ‘really’ exist is not only an expression of your un-sane state but also…..

…also evidence that you have enough wherewithal left to be here in the first place. Thank your spirit for that.

HOW are you doing that? If the soul is in lockdown, the consciousness, the emotional body, the mental body, the physical body all in lockdown how is that even possible we are still here to see that little light at the end of the tunnel?

Because there yet remains an uncorrupted part of ourselves. You are your own evidence of that. In dismissing that evidence you are dismissing yourself, what you KNOW, in favor of what our controllers have indoctrinated us with.

Because there something beyond consciousness, and beyond soul, that remains inviolate. They have led you to believe that consciousness and all its varied facets, is the soul. It was not so very hard to take that a step further and lead you to believe the soul was the spirit. Nor was it very hard to make them believe your corporate body had something to do with you as human.

And we perpetrate that programming. We are now self-policing. They had to create a self policing body of entities because there are so few of them, and so many of us. "Keep your brother's soul".

To this day, in spite of all our opportunities to ‘know thyself’ people confuse the emotional body with the mental body, somehow in their unsanity perceiving that the emotional body has reason and thought when by the very virtue of the word it is an emotional body . We don’t understand that very basic function yet feel that we understand enough to think the soul is somehow the spirit?

The function of the emotional body is to experience emotions, not think. That is why we have mental bodies, to perform the function of thought. The mental body does not have emotions and the mental body doesn’t feel. Yet we confuse the two all the time. IN the middle of a conversation where the mental body is engaged in thought and discourse the emotional body comes erupting up in a reactionary state based only on how it feels (not thinks) about the topic of discourse.

Happens all the time. The emotional body is in a constantly reactive state overwhelming the mental body and evidence of that will be provided shortly .

We don’t know that very basic premise about ourselves yet we insist that know emphatically and categorically about a facet about ourselves that permeates both ?

Certainly nothing is preventing us from selling our souls that they gave unto us to control us with.

We COULD. But will we? How firmly fixed on the belief of the soul are you fixated on? Can you set aside your emotional body long enough to think this through with critical thinking skills? It’s all out there, in the plain sight how they instilled this in us. Can you look at it? Is your self-identity that firmly engrained in the notion that the soul is most illuminated part of you?

Can you honestly examine this without flying into an emotional body reaction to overwhelm the critical thinking skills that will, and I promise you this, WILL reveal to you a great deception concerning the soul. Will you shut the whole notion down in favor of a belief that they instilled in us millenniums ago?
    A great post only a few will be able to understand because of the preponderance of emotional body dominance. I have heard many pine for 4-D existence and to be free of 3-D tedium. I wish more would actually move out of their 4-D emotional bodies and partake of the simple and functional wisdom exhibited by their 3-D dwelling physical bodies. Allow themselves to be educated how to deal with wounds......close them. Do not sulk for decades over the indignity of cause, just close them, with the scar that will remain, and move on.

Some will say, it's not that simple. Really? My physical body proves differently.

People subject their bodies to the assault and battery of elective plastic surgery all the time, money permitting. Does the physical body sulk and refuse to heal over the indignity of nothing more than a vain decision on the part of the emotional body? No, it deals with the situation, heals the assault and moves on. Our resilience is astounding. Our weak point is our emotional body. Largely enabled by other sulkers who form pity parties to console each other and perpetuate states of victim hood.

This is not to deny the pain of emotional hurt, but to point out that the physical body endures mindless insults with considerably more dignity and holds a more noble way of dealing with injury up for us to examine. Of course, it will be our underutilized mental bodies that will be called upon to examine this example.

Which means it will probably go largely ignored. Like your post.
    Last edited by modwiz; 6th November 2012 at 20:23.

10. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bearcow (here)
    The classical definition of a soul is synonymous with the astral being/body

In modern days the terms soul and spirit are used interchangeably by the uneducated.

Quote This brings us to the question of a soul or true being. This is not a thing, it has no dimensions, it cannot even be said to 'exist' as we normally think of things...so it cannot be effected by anything. It is pure awareness.
    a soul is not a true being or pure awareness, a spirit is

To use an analogy, the idea that the human mind is also the same thing as the human brain is employing the same type of faulty logic

Just as the mind does not have full control of the brain, the same goes for the spirit's control over the soul.

a human soul like a human brain, can be captured, contolled and even completely annihilated under certain circumstances

to my knowledge, a spirit cannot

Everyone in open society has a soul, as well as a spirit, however "your spirit" has very little to do with what people consider themselves to be as a individual.
    I find the distinction made between Soul and Spirit here http://www.in5d.com/transcription-to...destefano.html to be worth some concideration. An extract quoted below:

Quote Narrator: The Spirit is the Essence, sparks of God's body, his Electrons. The Spirits don't have any form, they are made of pure light. They contain all the knowledge from the Origins.

The spirits are born from what is known here as the Source, which could be described kind of like the solar plexus chakra of God. Where all things come from, the Spiritual level is a very subtle level that doesn't even have an energetic vibration.  This means it doesn't have an energetic or etheric density. It's just pure light.  This pure light expands itself throughout the Universe and when it condenses itself, it become molecules, compact energy. When it compacts itself, then matter begins to form. This matter forms itself because a chaos of densities begins to happen in the Cosmic walls that generates what's known as Chaos.

Narrator: Spirits are born with 2 main functions:
    1. to make all that became dense go back to the pure light...and
    2. to integrate all of the experiences of the Cosmos to understand what is already known and allowing each of them to become a new God.

It expands and contracts, and in this expansion and contraction the spiritual essence has to make the matter subtle again to bring it back to its Source. That subtle process is what we call reincarnation.

The reincarnation process is to allow the Spirit to be in the matter and to bring the matter back into pure light. This means that we have to break the idea that matter is impure and the Spirits have to return to the source.

Matter is also pure and we, as Spirits, incarnate so the matter can become light again. This process is what was called, "DHUATER TUMTI KEI DHU URNUS ATERTI, which means, "Bring the Sky to Earth and give back the Light to the Sky". That phrase involves everything we are living. The process of reincarnation demands us to evolve because this whole process reaches the integration of all things.

So, all Souls and Spirits, actually Spirits, need to understand that everything happens in the Universe to be able to become another Universe.

All Spirits have to incarnate.  How do they do it? Through another dense energy which is known as the Soul.

Narrator: The Soul is the closest dense vehicle that Spirit has. This is composed by different energies, that's why it's dense because it's not ONLY pure light. Its body is well known as the Chakras: Base, Sacral, Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye and Crown. These are the energetic glands that allow the Spirit to connect with the maximum density: Matter. Each Chakra corresponds with each gland in the physical body.
    With Love
    Firinn
    The conqueror and king in each one of us is the knower of truth. Let the knower awaken in us and drive the horses of the mind, emotions, and physical body on the pathway which that king has chosen.
    -- George S. Arundale

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Firinn For This Post:

Tony (7th November 2012)

12. Link to Post #107
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Can you free yourself from the belief of the soul?

What is fairly evidential , if one knows all that has been uncovered and brought forward for us to know over millennium….is the soul and the spirit are not the same thing.

Did you all miss that?

Start with Solar worship.

Soul-ar worship.

It appears we FINALLY have a break in our dogma. Which is good if one is not emotionally attached to that construct in such a rigid way as to oppose any other expression on the subject. A break in the matrix. A break in the matrix means an escape from the cell.

Consider this: On any given day one observes the relentless chatter about how the soul is unconditional?

Right? The soul is un-conditonable. A day will not go by that you will not hear that.

But then consider this. The next we have an ongoing discussion on how the soul is maimed, implanted, captured and mangled—conditions.
    Right now would be a good time to decide how that is possible? To opposing beliefs colliding like that is going to create….what?

Confusion?

To employe critical thinking skills to see the un-sanity of how something can be conditioned and unconditonable at the same time. How is that contradiction in terms possible-- that the soul is unconditional and the also conditional? Is there two different parts to the soul? . Or are we confusing two different facets of ourselves?

How we can declare the soul is unconditional but then again carry the burden of all those conditions?

That is the sort of un-sane thinking instilled in us from our oppressors, the last remnant of Christian and Judaic programming haunting the psyche. The last remnants of corrupted solar (soul-ar) worship haunting our psyche. This is a good time to clear that. Since you have it on the table here, if you CAN, and there is no reason why you cannot, sweep the crumbs away.

Much of what we ‘know’ about the soul is what has been fed to us by major religions which used this vague aspect of ourselves to lead us through the nose . Right there is the best reason not to trust it. They created the soul to use it against you. The very reason not to trust anything about the soul?

The concept was created by those who wanted to own your soul. Like……the Vatican? As just one example. Or how about our corporate greed meisters who created the 2.0 version of the soul called the Strawman.

(Lets create a person(ality) as a corporate (separate) entity, arrange their names in ALL CAPS and make them believe that strawman (soul)is themselves. In that way we can own everything they have through UCC (religious)law)

And so they did. They have to. Because they can’t own your spirit. What else do they have left to own, and the only way they can own your soul is if you continue perpetrating the notion unto yourself that the soul and the spirit is the same thing. Let it go. After all it’s just a word. Like the strawman it is not you. It was pretty easy to realize that wasn’t it?

The SOUL has been their singular obsessed focus down through millennia because it was inherent to their agenda. (OWN EVERYTHING) Now their obsession has become ours. You want to own that which they have created?

Basically we found ourselves arguing over something that doesn’t exist in a profound, meaningful, singular eternal sense unless one is that much of a believer in solar worship.

Much as we’ve had an artificial mind imposed on us, we’ve had a soul imposed on us with it. We ‘think’ we have a soul because we’ve been told we do. By whom? By major religions. And minor. Where did THEY come from?

Yes.

And…WE STILL TRUST WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY??

Language programming, we see it happening today, confusing one word for the other. Soul / Spirit.

It’s a compromise right? But is only a compromise between two words. We think compromise is an agreeable word. It is. It’s a word that leads to agreements which are conditions. We compromise ourselves in being compromising people. They compromised us with confusing the soul and spirit and we agreed to it. They compromised us into thinking our strawman was us didn’t they?

Apparently we are still agreeing to it. Stop continuing to make agreements with those who implanted and mangled you in the first place. Stop agreeing to the implanting.

We compromised ourselves by believing the soul and the spirit to be the same thing. Because that is what THEY told us and you are still believing it! STILL believing it when you KNOW you can’t believe a word that they say!

Soul- from the word Sol. Sun. Derived from pre –Christian times when most of the limited world’s population was engaged in the sort of Solar Worship that Christianity corrupted and perverted and assumed so it could use the sol, the soul, to fulfill it’s agenda. .What is Christianity’s biggest focus. The soul. Another version of The Son of God versus the Sun of God. How many versions of this Matrix upload are we going to keep accepting into our servers and expect something to change.

The soul is an aspect of consciousness, like the mental body, the emotional body, ego. Because you were told that is your living spirit you’ve come to believe that. People still believe that the prison of consciousness is their soul, their spirit, yet should be expanded on. Make the prison bigger.

That is what you think. It is not what you know. So you look at your soul not realizing it is just another aspect of a damaged consciousness and think the soul is damaged as well. Naturally, like any function of consciousness it can be bent, fold, mangled, implanted, and maimed. You keep trying to fix the alternator by banging on the regulator because the two seem to look alike but have entirely different functions. And circumstances.

The spirit however remains uncorrupted. Our very continued existence is evidence of that. The fact that you are here arguing over something that doesn’t ‘really’ exist is not only an expression of your un-sane state but also…..

…also evidence that you have enough wherewithal left to be here in the first place. Thank your spirit for that.

Every aspect of ourselves has been programmed into un-sanity yet we manage to stagger along barely functional with our emotional, mental process on lockdown for millennia but for some mysterious reason we are still here, if not intact and whole, at least partially functioning in our fragmentation. Still grasping for the key out of our prison.

HOW are you doing that? If the soul is in lockdown, the consciousness, the emotional body, the mental body, the physical body all in lockdown how is that even possible we are still here to see that little light at the end of the tunnel?

Because there yet remains an uncorrupted part of ourselves. You are your own evidence of that. In dismissing that evidence you are dismissing yourself, what you KNOW, in favor of what our controllers have indoctrinated us with.

We are still here staggering along …..

Because there something beyond consciousness, and beyond soul, that remains inviolate. They have led you to believe that consciousness and all its varied facets, is the soul. It was not so very hard to take that a step further and lead you to believe the soul was the spirit. Nor was it very hard to make them believe your corporate body had something to do with you as human.

Where do you think they got the idea for the strawman? Because they can never do anything differently!

And we perpetrate that programming. We are now self-policing. They had to create a self policing body of entities because there are so few of them, and so many of us. "Keep your brother's soul".

Come on people, they spell this all right out for you to see. Why are you NOT seeing it?

People do not have the wherewithal to know their expressive facets in their proper perspective or function yet feel they know all the ins and outs of the soul. Yes of course. That’s you feel that because it is a feeling, it is however not critical thinking. We don’t use critical thinking because ‘critical’ is a dirty word these days. It's been confused for judgement like soul has been confused for spirit.

To this day, in spite of all our opportunities to ‘know thyself’ people confuse the emotional body with the mental body, somehow in their unsanity perceiving that the emotional body has reason and thought when by the very virtue of the word it is an emotional body . We don’t understand that very basic function yet feel that we understand enough to think the soul is somehow the spirit?

The function of the emotional body is to experience emotions, not think. That is why we have mental bodies, to perform the function of thought. The mental body does not have emotions and the emotional body doesn’t feel. Yet we confuse the two all the time. IN the middle of a conversation where the mental body is engaged in thought and discourse the emotional body comes erupting up in a reactionary state based only on how it feels (not thinks) about the topic of discourse.

Happens all the time. The emotional body is in a constantly reactive state overwhelming the mental body and evidence of that will be provided shortly .

We don’t know that very basic premise about ourselves yet we insist that know emphatically and categorically about a facet about ourselves that permeates both ?
    By all means fix that maimed, spindled, implanted, supplanted, overwhelmed facets of yourself. Then you will see, know, feel and think the difference between the soul and the spirit.

You want evidence?

You are your own evidence. Your very existence after being smothered for millennia should suffice as evidence that there is something beyond the maimed implanted soul that keeps us staggering along when all other expressive facets of ourselves have been bound and gagged.

If not for the spirit you wouldn’t be here now to argue about what really doesn’t exist but as yet another construct implanted in your psyche since time out of mind. No pun intended. Basically arguing over shared and collective programming that has been hammered into us for millennia.
    More importantly. This is a matter that our ‘oppressors’ the ones who instigated this agenda, are not real clear on. They too have fallen for the program of the soul.

Our power lies in the fact that we COULD be very clear on it.

We COULD. Certainly nothing is preventing us from selling our souls that they gave unto us to control us with.

We COULD. But will we? How firmly fixed on the belief of the soul are you fixated on? Can you set aside your emotional body long enough to think this through with critical thinking skills? It’s all out there, in the plain sight how they instilled this in us. Can you look at it? Is your self-identity that firmly engrained in the notion that the soul is most illuminated part of you?

If so….Why would you be chasing your higher expression if all you will meet is another folded, implanted expression of yourself? What good will that do? Another maimed expression of yourself is going to get you out of the prison where the other maimed expressions dwell at?

If the soul is the highest expression of ourselves how do you reasonably expect with your faulty consciousness to ‘fix’ it when one cannot clear their own consciousness? Or differentiate between its varied facets. How can you fix the soul if you cannot even question the fragility of its existence, the artificial source of its existence?

Can you honestly examine this without flying into an emotional body reaction to overwhelm the critical thinking skills that will, and I promise you this, WILL reveal to you a great deception concerning the soul. Will you shut the whole notion down in favor of a belief that they instilled in us millenniums ago?
    Very thought provoking 9eagle9. Thank you for the insight.

Allow me to ask in very simple terms - you are saying that the soul is a construct of our physical being? And the spirit is our eternal consciousness?

To what do you subscribe this philosophy? How did you arrive at your way of thinking?

I've always observed these phrases interchanged and assumed that it was a product of semantics.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Tony (7th November 2012)

14. Link to Post #108
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Abhaya (here)
    One thing to clarify, there is a huge difference between captured and harmed. If these are being treated as one and the same I think there is some misconception there. To a large extent we can argue we are captured already in this limited existence rather by choice or other reason dosnt matter. But I'm going to have to stick by the fact that no ultimate harm or in fact even minute harm can come to something that is catagorically different from even the most subtle level of the material universe. In the same way that you can't teach Spanish to a rock as a crude example. These things just don't mix.
    It's all about the word 'ultimate'.

Yes, I agree that ultimately, no harm can come to a soul. But in between the start of eternity and the end (this is a metaphor!!), a lot of bad things can happen that are not necessarily chosen by the soul.

And that depends on your definition of "bad", as well. My definition of experiencing a bad thing is something like being imprisoned, tortured, used, abused, and implanted to be something quite different from one's basic identity, for up to quadrillions of years and hundreds of universe cycles.

In the end, that soul can be fully healed and rehabilitated. I have done this myself: I've been trained in the techniques, and how to apply them. But I would personally classify that experience as "harmful". This may really be what this discussion is about.

In summary: souls/ spirits are categorically not impervious to having bad, unchosen experiences enforced on them by others with agendas that break the agreements of those taking part in "reality". It's very important to understand this.
    Bill, please see if you can shine some light into this based on your knowledge and experiences:

It is my opinion that if we can understand the Soul-Consciousness connection and interaction, will clarify a lot of things.
    So here is my 2 cents:

According to the Pythagorean and Orphic teachings:

The core of the soul, (or essence) has inherited within it, all the knowledge and potential powers in an inert state.
    Using Consciousness (direct or individual experience) it develops and brings forth (activates) more and more of its powers.
    So during this process (which might take quadrillions of years or an instant) the soul (the individual) grows more mature, expands and understand its self better as it is evolving.

But, since it has to take some form in order to experience (human body or anything else) the core goes into an inert state, to let the experience become.
    Consciousness now is in control of learning, but its learning is affected by the environment and its perception of it.
    Right there lies the problem: If the environment does not "let" you get in touch with your essence (core) then you are stuck in what you perceive to be real.
    Then you can be easily manipulated into doing things over and over again (re-incarnate for example) until you can break free from this cycle.

DNA manipulation (for me) falls into the category of limiting your ability to perceive reality, hence the environment you perceive is what "they" want you to perceive. Same as psychic attacks in the astral plane.

At the end nothing can really "damage" the core, but it might get to to spend a long time trying to recollect what you really are...

What do you thing?

Stavros
    Truth will not set you free. Knowledge will...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdafnom For This Post:

Tarka the Duck (7th November 2012), Tony (7th November 2012)

16. Link to Post #109
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

With respect to captures and enslavements... "they" know what they are doing and "they" are doing it on purpose.

"They" also know how to activate/ trigger/ restimulate past captures/ enslavements/ trainings/ programmings to their benefits:

A COVENANT WITH DEATH
    http://ufo.whipnet.org/xdocs/convenant/index7.html

Part 7 - <-- | -->

The following is from a letter or a document which was released by William Cooper without comment as to it's origin or author, although the writer of the letter or document seems to have been someone "in the know", and possibly someone involved in scientific research for the government:

Microwaves... again!

Stan Deyo mentions in one of his video how, along with others, he was trained to do his research on anti-gravity by absorbing everything that was knonw of physics at that time by flipping some 200 pages/seconds into his mind... for him/them to join the dots in doing the research... god knows what else they put into the minds of these researchers!
    Last edited by Hervé; 2nd May 2016 at 14:08.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Christine (7th November 2012), Daughter of Time (13th November 2012), greybeard (7th November 2012), johnf (7th November 2012), lookbeyond (7th November 2012), Reinhard (7th November 2012), Tony (7th November 2012)

18. Link to Post #110
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Here are what some people have said about the soul

George Gurdjieff in his Fourth Way taught that nobody is ever born with a soul. Rather, an individual must create a soul by a process of self-remembrance and observation during the course of their life. Without a soul, Gurdjieff taught that one will "die like a dog"

Taoism
    According to Chinese traditions, every person has two types of soul called hun and po (魂 and 魄), which are respectively yang and yin. Taoism believes in ten souls, sanhunqipo (三魂七魄) "three hun and seven po".[80] The pò is linked to the dead body and the grave, whereas the hún is linked to the ancestral tablet. A living being that loses any of them is said to have mental illness or unconsciousness, while a dead soul may reincarnate to a disability, lower desire realms or may even be unable to reincarnate

Theosophy
    In Helena Blavatsky's Theosophy the soul is the field of our psychological activity (thinking, emotions, memory, desires, will, and so on) as well as of the so-called paranormal or psychic phenomena (extrasensory perception, out-of-body experiences, etc.). However, the soul is not the highest, but a middle dimension of human beings. Higher than the soul is the spirit, which is considered to be the real self; the source of everything we call “good”—happiness, wisdom, love, compassion, harmony, peace, etc. While the spirit is eternal and incorruptible, the soul is not. The soul acts as a link between the material body and the spiritual self, and therefore shares some characteristics of both. The soul can be attracted either towards the spiritual or towards the material realm, being thus the “battlefield” of good and evil. It is only when the soul is attracted towards the spiritual and merges with the Self that it becomes eternal and divine

James Hillman

Contemporary psychology is defined as the study of mental processes and behavior. However, the word "psychology" literally means "study of the soul," and psychologist James Hillman, the founder of archetypal psychology, has been credited with "restoring 'soul' to its psychological sense." Although the words soul and spirit are often viewed as synonyms, Hillman argues that they can refer to antagonistic components of a person. Summarizing Hillman's views, author and psychotherapist Thomas Moore associates spirit with "afterlife, cosmic issues, idealistic values and hopes, and universal truths", while placing soul "in the thick of things: in the repressed, in the shadow, in the messes of life, in illness, and in the pain and confusion of love."[21] Hillman believes that religion—especially monotheism and monastic faiths—and humanistic psychology have tended to the spirit, often at the unfortunate expense of soul. This happens, Moore says, because to transcend the "lowly conditions of the soul ... is to lose touch with the soul, and a split-off spirituality, with no influence from the soul, readily falls into extremes of literalism and destructive fanaticism."
    Hillman's archetypal psychology is in many ways an attempt to tend to the oft-neglected soul, which Hillman views as the "self-sustaining and imagining substrate" upon which consciousness rests. Hillman described the soul as that "which makes meaning possible, [deepens] events into experiences, is communicated in love, and has a religious concern," as well as "a special relation with death."[23] Departing from the Cartesian dualism "between outer tangible reality and inner states of mind," Hillman takes the Neoplatonic stance[24] that there is a "third, middle position" in which soul resides.[25] Archetypal psychology acknowledges this third position by attuning to, and often accepting, the archetypes, dreams, myths, and even psychopathologies through which, in Hillman's view, soul expresses itself

According to Nadya Yuguseva, a shaman from the Altai, "'A woman has 40 souls; men have just one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul#Semantics

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

gooty64 (7th November 2012), johnf (7th November 2012), minkton (7th November 2012), modwiz (7th November 2012), Reinhard (7th November 2012), shijo (7th November 2012), Tony (7th November 2012)

20. Link to Post #111
    United States Avalon Member Jules's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 times in 233 posts

Interesting concept. Theoretically my soul is captured temporarily in this vessel or body having to experience whatever there is to learn in a conceived time (if time exists). Although other forms have disdain for my existence, I exist nonetheless and take information from experiencing the moment. Why is it so easy to be programmed? Being human, there are a lot of weaknesses, and those weaknesses are being played upon. Sadly from other humans, as much as any other entity. It takes effort to empower oneself. Empowering oneself means taking responsibility. Not always for the faint of heart. Sometimes really looking at myself, I am filled with remorse, however I see I am capable of great things as well, so I will try to forgive myself, as well as others. The soul just is...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jules For This Post:

Tony (7th November 2012)

22. Link to Post #112
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

So basically, everyone is suggesting that the differentiation between a soul and a spirit is based on theory or religious interpretation. In other words, there is no evidence to suggest that there is a difference. Either way, it is consciousness and the only evidence is individual perspective, so consensus is imposible as is speaking to this subject as absolute truth. Unless, that is, one can isolate the chromosomes that interact with this energy. Hmmm. Has that ever been done?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

RMorgan (7th November 2012), Tarka the Duck (7th November 2012), Tony (7th November 2012)

24. Link to Post #113
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Hey folks,

In my opinion, I find it amazing how some people insist in forcing their beliefs as absolute truths.

Honestly, no one was able to prove the very existence of the soul itself(as we generally define it currently), let alone proving that it can be captured or not.

So, can a soul be captured? The only honest answer is that we have no idea; The rest is pure speculation, opinions packed as truths.

I´m sure it´s very nice to discuss certain topics such as this one, but it would be equally nice to see some "in my opinion" written before some assertive statements presented here.

Cheers,

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 7th November 2012 at 14:42.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

AriG (8th November 2012), Dorjezigzag (7th November 2012), Fred Steeves (7th November 2012), gooty64 (7th November 2012), greybeard (7th November 2012), Tony (7th November 2012), Wind (8th November 2012)

26. Link to Post #114
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Well, there we have it,
    Some believe we have a soul.
    Some do not believe we have a soul.
    Some see the soul as their ultimate nature.
    Some see the soul as their consciousness.
    Some think it is something else.
    Some say, “I have a soul.”...but do not state what that is, and it can be captured.

Below is what Wikipedia says, so you can take your choice, if you need to.
    Personally it sound like a barren woman's, son's, pet!

As you will see below there is discussion about soul v spirit, even the great minds had different opinions. Whatever we think, we still have to get on with our lives, and actually arrive at what we are talking about!

The soul, in many mythological, religious, philosophical, and psychological traditions, is the incorporeal and, in many conceptions, immortal essence of a person, living thing, or object.[1] According to some religions (including the Abrahamic religions in most of their forms), souls—or at least immortal souls capable of union with the divine[2]—belong only to human beings. For example, the Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas attributed "soul" (anima) to all organisms but taught that only human souls are immortal.[3] Other religions (most notably Jainism) teach that all biological organisms have souls, and others further still that even non-biological entities (such as rivers and mountains) possess souls. This latter belief is called animism.[4] Anima mundi and the Dharmic Ātman are concepts of a "world soul."
    Soul can function as a synonym for spirit, mind, psyche or self;[5] scientific works, in particular, often consider 'soul' as a synonym for 'mind'.[citation needed]

Linguistic aspects
    [edit]
    Etymology
    The Modern English word soul derived from Old English sáwol, sáwel, first attested to in the 8th century poem Beowulf v. 2820 and in the Vespasian Psalter 77.50, and is cognate with other Germanic and Baltic terms for the same idea, including Gothic saiwala, Old High German sêula, sêla, Old Saxon sêola, Old Low Franconian sêla, sîla, Old Norse sála as well as Lithuanian siela. Further etymology of the Germanic word is uncertain. A more recent suggestion[6] connects it with a root for "binding", Germanic *sailian (OE sēlian, OHG seilen), related to the notion of being "bound" in death, and the practice of ritually binding or restraining the corpse of the deceased in the grave to prevent his or her return as a ghost.
    The word is probably an adaptation by early missionaries—particularly Ulfilas, apostle to the Goths during the 3th century—of a native Germanic concept, which was a translation of Greek ψυχή psychē "life, spirit, consciousness".
    The Greek word is derived from a verb "to cool, to blow" and hence refers to the vital breath, the animating principle in humans and other animals, as opposed to σῶμα (soma) meaning "body". It could refer to a ghost or spirit of the dead in Homer, and to a more philosophical notion of an immortal and immaterial essence left over at death since Pindar. Latin anima figured as a translation of ψυχή since Terence. Psychē occurs juxtaposed to σῶμα e.g. in Matthew 10:28:
    — καὶ μὴ φοβεῖσθε ἀπὸ τῶν ἀποκτεννόντων τὸ σῶμα, τὴν δὲ ψυχὴν μὴ δυναμένων ἀποκτεῖναι·
    φοβεῖσθε δὲ μᾶλλον τὸν δυνάμενον καὶ ψυχὴν καὶ σῶμα ἀπολέσαι ἐν γεέννῃ.
    Vulgate: et nolite timere eos qui occidunt corpus animam autem non possunt occidere sed potius eum timete qui potest et animam et corpus perdere in gehennam.
    Authorized King James Version (KJV) "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
    In the Septuagint (LXX), ψυχή translates Hebrew נפש nephesh, meaning "life, vital breath", which is in English variously translated as "soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion"; e.g. in Genesis 1:20:
    — וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֔ים יִשְׁרְצ֣וּ הַמַּ֔יִם שֶׁ֖רֶץ נֶ֣פֶשׁ חַיָּ֑ה
    LXX καὶ εἶπεν ὁ θεός ἐξαγαγέτω τὰ ὕδατα ἑρπετὰ ψυχῶν ζωσῶν.
    Vulgate Creavitque Deus cete grandia, et omnem animam viventem atque motabilem.
    KJV "And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth."
    Paul of Tarsus used ψυχή and πνεῦμα specifically to distinguish between the Jewish notions of נפש nephesh and רוח ruah (spirit) (also in LXX, e.g. Genesis 1:2 וְר֣וּחַאֱלֹהִ֔ים = πνεῦμα θεοῦ = spiritus Dei = "the Spirit of God").
    [edit]
    Semantics

Although the terms soul and spirit are sometimes used interchangeably, soul may denote a more worldly and less transcendent aspect of a person.[7] According to psychologist James Hillman, soul has an affinity for negative thoughts and images, whereas spirit seeks to rise above the entanglements of life and death.[8] The words soul and psyche can also be treated synonymously, although psyche has more physical connotations, whereas soul is connected more closely to spirituality and religion.[9]
    [edit]
    Philosophical views
    The Ancient Greeks used the same word for 'alive' as for 'ensouled', indicating that the earliest surviving western philosophical view believed that the soul was that which gave the body life. The soul was considered the incorporeal or spiritual 'breath' which animates (from the Latin, anima, cf. animal) the living organism.
    Francis M. Cornford quotes Pindar in saying that the soul sleeps while the limbs are active, but when one is sleeping, the soul is active and reveals in many a dream "an award of joy or sorrow drawing near."[10]
    Erwin Rohde writes that the early pre-Pythagorean belief was that the soul had no life when it departed from the body, and retired into Hades with no hope of returning to a body.[11]
    It has been argued that a strict line of causality fails to explain certain phenomena within human experience (such as free will) that have at times been attributed to the soul. (See also: Determinism and free will)
    [edit]

Socrates and Plato

Plato, drawing on the words of his teacher Socrates, considered the soul the essence of a person, being that which decides how we behave. He considered this essence to be an incorporeal, eternal occupant of our being. As bodies die, the soul is continually reborn in subsequent bodies. The Platonic soul comprises three parts:
    the logos, or logistikon (mind, nous, or reason)
    the thymos, or thumetikon (emotion, or spiritedness, or masculine)
    the eros, or epithumetikon (appetitive, or desire, or feminine)
    Each of these has a function in a balanced, level and peaceful soul.

.....there's lot more.....

Tony

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (7th November 2012), Eram (7th November 2012), gooty64 (7th November 2012), greybeard (7th November 2012), Jenci (7th November 2012), modwiz (8th November 2012)

28. Link to Post #115
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I cant help but think that something very simple is being made complex.
    Enlightened beings. for thousands of years, from direct experience, have uniformly stated that the individual is an illusion and only "God" is and that is what you are.
    That is not a concept or a belief. They speak from that state of Oneness that Jesus spoke of--The Father and I are One.
    You either take their word for that or dont.
    If you do, then you can endeavour to know this directly.

Chris

Ps Ramana answered many questions by saying "First find out who is asking--when you know that the question is redundant" My interpretation of what he said
    Last edited by greybeard; 7th November 2012 at 14:54.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Buck (10th November 2012), Eram (7th November 2012), modwiz (8th November 2012), Tarka the Duck (7th November 2012), Wind (8th November 2012)

30. Link to Post #116
    United States Avalon Member Sebastion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,066 times in 640 posts

The simple fact of the matter is that this conversation could go on forever and you are still not going to know the actual truth of it until you decide you're going to know for yourself. There is a number of people on this forum who have found the answer for themselves based upon direct experience.

9eagle9's explanation regarding the soul and spirit is an excellent one and should be pondered deeply. When you of yourself decide you want to know badly enough, then and only then will you begin the journey of discovery. Until then, you are saddled with other peoples opinions and beliefs, which is just that, opinions and beliefs.

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

Eram (7th November 2012), gooty64 (7th November 2012), greybeard (7th November 2012), Jenci (7th November 2012), meeradas (7th November 2012), modwiz (8th November 2012), NancyV (7th November 2012), PurpleLama (8th November 2012), RMorgan (7th November 2012), Wind (8th November 2012)

32. Link to Post #117
    United States Avalon Member Jules's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 times in 233 posts

Some don't wish to acknowledge existence of a soul. People believe what they choose, and that is okay. What if this worldly existence is the illusion, and reality of a soul is truth. If there is no such thing as a soul, then why would one want to take it, or use it so much? Just a thought. Only opinion.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jules For This Post:

greybeard (7th November 2012), Tarka the Duck (7th November 2012)

34. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

Quote There is a number of people on this forum who have found the answer
    I would question if anyone can find the answer,

Is life a problem to be solved or a mystery to be lived
    The conscious mind can only appreciate a fraction of the infinity of experience.
    Many people on this forum have had an experience of the soul or spirit or whatever label you wish to give something that is beyond such definitions. The label of soul or spirit is not the thing itself, which if to be fully experienced needs to break through any limiting boundaries and definitions. The definitions can provide a pathway but they are not the experience itself. That is something that is unique to you;

Quote When you of yourself decide you want to know badly enough, then and only then will you begin the journey of discovery. Until then, you are saddled with other peoples opinions and beliefs, which is just that, opinions and beliefs
    As well we can be just as saddled with our own opinions and beliefs as other peoples. That is why it is good to be open minded and appreciate that there is not just one experience or interpretation of words and teachings. I think a long discussion about the nature of the soul, spirit, atman, anima, animus, breath of life, essence whatever you wish to call and define it is extremely valid far better than the usual conversations about football and celebrities. I am interested in everyone's unique experience and interpretation, we can all learn from each other.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Tarka the Duck (7th November 2012)

36. Link to Post #119
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,971 times in 881 posts

Your body is a separate, individual expression of the Spirit/Source which allows you to have the experience of this lifetime.

Your soul is a separate, individual expression of the Spirit/Source which allows you to continue to have the individual experience from lifetime to lifetime.

But you are not your body or your soul.

What you truly are, is Spirit/Source. It is not individual. It's not personal. It's not separate. It's not divided. It's whole and complete.

Although you are not your body, it is possible to have an individual experience of being captured, tortured and pain in the body. Likewise it is possible to experience the same thing at the soul level but even if the soul is captured, it doesn't mean that you are captured, just as it if was your body, it would not be you, just the experience the body was having.

I would say that many people have tortured souls, carrying pain and trauma from lifetime to lifetime and it has nothing to do with the bad guys doing bad things to the souls but everything to do with the individuals' avoidance of their pain and habitual coping tendencies.

There have been people on this forum offering a way out of this for those who are willing to do the work and be disciplined about it. The opportunity is open for all however much in prison they appear to be this lifetime.

It's good to see 9eagle9 posting here and making the important distinction between soul and Spirit.

Jeanette

37. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

4evrneo (7th November 2012), bodhii71 (8th November 2012), Demeisen (8th November 2012), gooty64 (7th November 2012), greybeard (7th November 2012), modwiz (8th November 2012), NancyV (9th November 2012), Sebastion (7th November 2012), shijo (7th November 2012), Swan (7th November 2012), Tarka the Duck (7th November 2012), Wind (8th November 2012)

38. Link to Post #120
    Thanks

Quote The opportunity is open for all however much in prison they appear to be this lifetime
    This reminds me of a guy I met in Thailand, he had a nice relaxed air about him and therefore I was surprised on finding out why he had spent so long in Thailand. He had been in the past a heroin addict and for what ever reason he found himself in a Thai Jail serving a 6 year sentence. I said "That must have been a hard time" he replied actually no it was the best thing that could have happened to him. Reason being he got off the Heroin and then got into meditation and Yoga in the jail. This totally changed his life.

Funny thing going to Jail to find his freedom!
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 7th November 2012 at 18:10.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Jenci (7th November 2012), NancyV (9th November 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 6 12 LastLast