+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FEMA camp test-run for hurricane victims?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,337 times in 2,741 posts

Default FEMA camp test-run for hurricane victims?

Whatcha all think about this idea being tossed out there by the "officials"?????

If hungry and cold people will freely go to a prison, they'll most likely freely go to a FEMA camp too......the conditioning begins....

Quote New York officials reportedly consider closed prison for displaced Sandy victims

Officials in New York are reportedly eyeing a recently-closed prison as temporary housing for people displaced by superstorm Sandy and this week's nor'easter.

The New York Post reports that state officials are considering the Arthur Kill Correctional Facility on Staten Island to feed and house as many as 900 victims with nowhere else to turn.

"Our facilities staff have to go through it to determine what it would take to get it up and running for such a purpose," Peter Cutler, a spokesman for the state Department of Corrections, told the newspaper. "Of course, the challenge is the fact that it was closed a year ago and all of the major infrastructure components, such as boilers and wastewater system, were deactivated."
    http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2005352...-sandy-victims
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

amandapoet (10th November 2012), GCS1103 (10th November 2012), modwiz (9th November 2012), RunningDeer (10th November 2012), RUSirius (9th November 2012), sandy (9th November 2012), seko (10th November 2012), Snookie (9th November 2012), Vrilya (10th November 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RUSirius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,451 times in 507 posts

Default Re: FEMA camp test-run for hurricane victims?

Hmmmm, looks likely doesnt it?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

GCS1103 (10th November 2012), RunningDeer (10th November 2012), sandy (9th November 2012), SilentFeathers (10th November 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,631 times in 686 posts

Yeah, with Katrina they hearded them into that hudge sports center (can't remember the name). Now they are upping things a notch. Hey when a third of Americans would accept a TSA cavity search in order to fly, what will they think of next?

I think there was also a financial reason for hurricane Sandy. Check out Dr. Joesph P Farrell's video comments for Nov 9th. Very interesting.
    http://gizadeathstar.com/

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

amandapoet (10th November 2012), GCS1103 (10th November 2012), RunningDeer (10th November 2012), SilentFeathers (10th November 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 128,806 times in 20,631 posts

Quote Posted by Snookie (here)
    I think there was also a financial reason for hurricane Sandy. Check out Dr. Joesph P Farrell's video comments for Nov 9th. Very interesting.
    I presume you refer to Farrell's discussion of the water damaged stock certificates in the vault of the Depository Trust & Clearing Corp, here.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

avid (10th November 2012), GCS1103 (10th November 2012), RunningDeer (10th November 2012), sandy (10th November 2012), SilentFeathers (10th November 2012), Snookie (10th November 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 81,491 times in 10,149 posts

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    Whatcha all think about this idea being tossed out there by the "officials"?????

If hungry and cold people will freely go to a prison, they'll most likely freely go to a FEMA camp too......the conditioning begins....

Quote New York officials reportedly consider closed prison for displaced Sandy victims

Officials in New York are reportedly eyeing a recently-closed prison as temporary housing for people displaced by superstorm Sandy and this week's nor'easter.

The New York Post reports that state officials are considering the Arthur Kill Correctional Facility on Staten Island to feed and house as many as 900 victims with nowhere else to turn.

"Our facilities staff have to go through it to determine what it would take to get it up and running for such a purpose," Peter Cutler, a spokesman for the state Department of Corrections, told the newspaper. "Of course, the challenge is the fact that it was closed a year ago and all of the major infrastructure components, such as boilers and wastewater system, were deactivated."
    http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2005352...-sandy-victims
    opening up a closed school or taking over a cheap hotel would probably be more cost effective.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

genevieve (10th November 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (10th November 2012), meeradas (10th November 2012), modwiz (10th November 2012), RunningDeer (10th November 2012), seko (10th November 2012), SilentFeathers (10th November 2012), Snookie (10th November 2012), Vrilya (10th November 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 107,745 times in 12,572 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I presume you refer to Farrell's discussion of the water damaged stock certificates in the vault of the Depository Trust & Clearing Corp, here.
    Security, Fire, Water protection? One word - "Staples"

The Depository Trust & Clearing Corp. should have gone to Staples to protect the $36.5 trillion worth of stock certificates/securities damaged by Hurricane Sandy.

I'm sick and tired…of being sick and tired…
    of the 'greedy ones' thinking our bulbs don't light-bright.

Rant, rant, rant...done.

Paul, if Joseph P. Farrell isn't you, then there's a clone out that's also got some of your brain cells. (I'd add pictures, but I'm respecting your semi-privacy.)
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 10th November 2012 at 01:52.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

modwiz (10th November 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

New York considering taking cues from The Walking Dead, may open up prison to displaced Staten Islanders

http://boingboing.net/2012/11/09/sta...dy-prison.html

....and these are some of the complaints and the conditions at the FEMA tent camps........

Sandy refugees complain of prison-like conditions at FEMA tent camps

http://www.presstv.com/usdetail/271323.html
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 10th November 2012 at 02:01.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

avid (10th November 2012), modwiz (10th November 2012), RunningDeer (10th November 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,631 times in 686 posts

Exactly! The timing couldn't be any more suspicious.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

modwiz (10th November 2012), RunningDeer (10th November 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Morocco Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,185 times in 5,446 posts

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    New York considering taking cues from The Walking Dead, may open up prison to displaced Staten Islanders

http://boingboing.net/2012/11/09/sta...dy-prison.html

....and these are some of the complaints and the conditions at the FEMA tent camps........

Sandy refugees complain of prison-like conditions at FEMA tent camps

http://www.presstv.com/usdetail/271323.html
    Well, that is disturbing news. I wonder how many of them might have called us conspiracy cranks if we said something nasty about FEMA before this.
    Karmic school of hard knocks for the hard headed?
    Now that they have the scoop, I wish them to a warm bed and clean clothes.

In the interim I will make lemonade from lemons and count my blessings that it doesn't suck to be me. Most, if not all, on this forum can drink that lemonade too.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Exactly! The timing couldn't be any more suspicious.
    Agreed. I think I smell something in that water.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Post:

RunningDeer (10th November 2012), Snookie (10th November 2012), spiritwind (10th November 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

The storm (or disaster) traumatizes the people and then the system (FEMA) prolongs the pain and suffering until the people freely go to a prison cell for relief! Pathetic huh?
    SilentFeathers

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

RunningDeer (10th November 2012), Snookie (10th November 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,052 times in 950 posts

At least the authorities are attempting to do something for these people and with no home left to go to the prison may be more attractive than a tent. It would have heat, privacy, beds, sinks, a dining/recreation area and toilets. Other suggestions such as schools or public halls would not have these facilities.

On the other hand, psychologically, the thought of living in a prison, even as an emergency is horrible. I feel for these people, with the prospect of the coming winter, and nowhere to call home. misery does not even begin to describe it. It must be terrible to be a victim of such disasters, but being a survivor seems to be not much better.

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 128,806 times in 20,631 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)
    Paul, if Joseph P. Farrell isn't you, then there's a clone out that's also got some of your brain cells. (I'd add pictures, but I'm respecting your semi-privacy.)
    I'm the wannabe clone ... I'm buying and reading his books as fast as I can, but he writes books faster than I can read them.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

Carmody (10th November 2012), RunningDeer (10th November 2012), Snookie (10th November 2012)

+ Reply to Thread