Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: David Petraeus resigns as head of CIA due to extra-marital affair

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Default Re: David Petraeus resigns as head of CIA due to extra-marital affair

When something that was truly unexpected by the bastards in power hits the headlines, sometimes the first words out of the gate have some reasonable connection with reality ... before the filters can be properly installed.

But this event, the resignation of Patreus, was obviously known to at least Patreus, and likely some other key players, well in advance.

Therefore any quasi official or normally "reliable" (in the view of the bastards in charge) source is almost certainly lying through their teeth and participating in one of several levels of disinformation and distraction, miles away from the real story.

... well to say "lying" is giving them more clue than they likely deserve ... the mouth pieces for the most part probably have no real clue.

As Gordon Duff says in the Veterans Today article linked above:
    Something is very very wrong and it isn’t “Benghazi” and the “Fox News fairly tale” that has President Obama ordering the murder of an American diplomat.
    I doubt it is simply an affair with Paula Broadwell either.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (10th November 2012), Ellisa (10th November 2012), EsmaEverheart (10th November 2012), GCS1103 (10th November 2012), jagman (10th November 2012), Kimberley (10th November 2012), modwiz (10th November 2012), NancyV (14th November 2012), Reinhard (10th November 2012), write4change (11th November 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

Look who else is starting to crack.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

GCS1103 (10th November 2012), modwiz (10th November 2012), Reinhard (10th November 2012)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

It gets more interesting than just David Petraeus head of CIA resigning. Petraeus now will not have to testify in front of House panel looking into Bengazi massacre since he is a public citizen and not chief spy.
    But here is the interesting part Christopher Kubasik CEO to be of Lockheed Martin stepped down today for fooling around with another employee.
    Lockheed Martin builds drones for the military. You just can't make this up.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

avid (10th November 2012), EsmaEverheart (10th November 2012), Flash (10th November 2012), Fred Steeves (13th November 2012), GCS1103 (10th November 2012), jagman (10th November 2012), Kimberley (10th November 2012), KiwiElf (10th November 2012), modwiz (10th November 2012), NancyV (14th November 2012), Reinhard (10th November 2012), seko (10th November 2012), Selene (11th November 2012), TargeT (10th November 2012), thunder24 (10th November 2012), WhiteFeather (12th November 2012), write4change (11th November 2012)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Just so you know, an M16 is a .223 round (.003 larger than a .22 aka, 22 rifle) it doesn't do a lot of damage, it is designed to wound, not kill, as a wounded soldier takes out 3 or more bad guys, a dead soldier only takes out 1.
    You cannot compare ammunition like that ... it's about velocity and weight to create impulse/penetration.

M16 / 5.56 mm

The M16 ammo has a lot more pow(d)er to create great impulse and can be used for long range too.
    It's an assault rifle (AR-15). In an assault you kill because you move forward and you don't want to end up between
    troops that are only wounded and are still capable to shoot back while you approach.

A horrible concept ... nothing heroic at all.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

bennycog (10th November 2012), jagman (10th November 2012), Kimberley (10th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012), modwiz (10th November 2012), SilentFeathers (10th November 2012), ThePythonicCow (10th November 2012), Wind (10th November 2012)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

He has to resign, he now has the background to be president, head of CIA , former military , playboy, he'll fit right in. All he needs is a little stock in halaburton and an oil company and it's off to the races. Could it be the end is near and he knows it and wants to be with his family ?? instead of in charge of the chaos and round up of american citizens .
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (10th November 2012), jagman (10th November 2012), Kimberley (10th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

You all crack me up!!! Thank you for being in my life!!! I have not watched much TV since 1976 and I have only been reading one fiction book a year (my summer time diversion reading) for about 20 years. I used to read 2 non fiction books a month up until the last 2 years... I read for hours on the internet or listen to content...

I am an information addict..I admit it. Fiction bores me mostly...I find great fun in watching non fiction play out, such as this development. It does not get much better than this :-)

Playing the "affair" card is so very lame in my opinion. Former President Bill Clinton and Hillery survived the sex/affair thing to the point of Hillary being a potential presidential candidate in 2008..and now speculation she may try again in 2016... Hillary stood by her philandering man...hehehehe.. and might be the next president in 2016..don't you think they have an agreement?

Anyway the affair card is a very lame card to play imho...It is obvious to me that there is more to this story than meets the eye!!! I expect time will tell!!!

Much love to us all!!!
    Last edited by Kimberley; 10th November 2012 at 06:13.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (10th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012), Reinhard (10th November 2012), TargeT (10th November 2012), WhiteFeather (12th November 2012)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

yeah like a Hillary = petraeus ticket 2016. wife of a playboy and a playboy, all for the play boys and girls. popcorn ??
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

jagman (10th November 2012), Kimberley (10th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I doubt it is simply an affair with Paula Broadwell either.
    ... though if she turned out to be an alien pedophile or some such, then the admission of an affair could be a partially truthful limited hangout.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

jagman (11th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012), TargeT (10th November 2012)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

It looks like things are really starting to fall apart. May god bless us all and keep us all safe Amen

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (10th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

The FBI has been investigating him for about a year now????? HUH???? (info coming out now). FBI's been intercepting his emails??? HUH?

Seems the head of the CIA would have the most secure email on the globe????? Guess he was using g.mail like most others!!!!! LOL!?

This is all a big smoke screen.....the FBI and CIA are battling it out it seems on the surface.

The head of the CIA allowing his email to be seen?????? This whole thing stinks like a bad novel...

Quote LT. COL. RALPH PETERS: The timing is just too perfect for the Obama administration. Just as the administration claimed it was purely coincidence that our Benghazi consulate was attacked on the anniversary of September 11th. Now it’s purely coincidence that this affair -- extra-marital affair -- surfaces right after the election, not before, but right after, but before the intelligence chiefs go to Capitol Hill to get grilled. As an old intelligence analyst, Neil, the way I read this -- I could be totally wrong, this is my interpretation -- is that the administration was unhappy with Petraeus not playing ball 100% on their party-line story. I think it's getting cold feet about testifying under oath on their party-line story. And I suspect that these tough Chicago guys knew about this affair for a while, held it in their back pocket until they needed to play the card.

I don't like conspiracy theories, I may be totally wrong, but the timing of this, again, right after the election and right before Petraeus is supposed to get grilled on Capitol Hill, it's really smells.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...o_perfect.html
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 10th November 2012 at 14:54.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

jagman (10th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012), WhiteFeather (12th November 2012)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Yeap, like a bad novel for sure....these critters are beyond crooks,

House asks Clinton to testify on Benghazi, but she declines due to scheduling conflict
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/house-...1#.UJ72gYfAeSo

6 lingering questions about the exit of Gen. David Petraeus
    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz2Bs49qd2X

Here's another weird story about this:

FBI probe of Petraeus triggered by e-mail threats from biographer, officials say
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...684_print.html
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 11th November 2012 at 01:09.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

KiwiElf (11th November 2012)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Well, what can we do about the state of affairs?

"Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Kimberley (11th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012), SilentFeathers (11th November 2012), WhiteFeather (12th November 2012)

25. Link to Post #53
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

I heard on the news that "this could be a big deal if the FBI investigation was related to Benghazi, but since its a personal matter its not an issue and a stand in will testify for the CIA on the Benghazi incident"

Who the **** do they think will buy that?

They said its possible that he could be brought before the congressional inquiry still, but it was unlikely due to his resignation being triggered by a personal matter.......
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Earth Angel (12th November 2012), jagman (11th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

I learned something today. David had to take a Lie detector upon his appointment has cia chief. He was appointed In April 2011.
    Paula Broadwell was embedded with the general, his staff, and his soldiers on the front lines to chronicle his command in the crucible of war. Allowed unprecedented access by Petraeus, his mentors, and his subordinates.
    The affair took place before the lie detector.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

KiwiElf (11th November 2012), TargeT (11th November 2012)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

jagman (11th November 2012), KiwiElf (11th November 2012), modwiz (11th November 2012)

31. Link to Post #56
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

I'm would bet money on Broadwell, his biographer, having a much more important mission than just gathering details for a book about Petraeus. She is clearly a femme fatale, IMO. I actually think this article is more disinfo than info, but based on other info I am picking up, here and there, on the web, where they want us to look tells me where they don't want us to look.
    http://<font color="red">http://www....nt.html</font>

I am sure she was tasked with getting him to compromise himself so that he could be controlled, blackmailed, if he became a problem. He had definitely become a problem to some who control things. I think this story is the beginning of something very big. I think our media will do their best to hide the real story. Gordon Duff often goes for a hot story on Sundays. He has to be way ahead of me on this one. He won't avoid controversy either. I wish to have no serious skin in the game. Just a little teaser.

Her job is a typical one for the controllers. Apparently Petraeus is straight and doesn't like little children. She is proof of that.

Here is a post from Foreign Policy over 2 years old. Setting somebody up takes time. Why somebody might get set up is usually buried in recent history. Our short attention span is an ally the PTB use against us. The very good memory of a few of us and the even better archival memory of the internet is an ally we use.
    http://mideast.foreignpolicy.com/pos...he_whole_story

Here is a post from yesterday with some useful information about 'things'. It will inform about how things work and not where to look or how to think about this.
    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...fairs?page=0,1

Quote The following paragraph is pulled from the older article:
    There are important and powerful lobbies in America: the NRA, the American Medical Association, the lawyers -- and the Israeli lobby. But no lobby is as important, or as powerful, as the U.S. military. While commentators and pundits might reflect that Joe Biden's trip to Israel has forever shifted America's relationship with its erstwhile ally in the region, the real break came in January, when David Petraeus sent a briefing team to the Pentagon with a stark warning: America's relationship with Israel is important, but not as important as the lives of America's soldiers. Maybe Israel gets the message now.
    Last edited by modwiz; 11th November 2012 at 11:26.

32. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 times in 666 posts

This raised an eyebrow for me ;-

Quote Holly Petraeus, his wife of 37 years, has been a leader in caring for military families with financial problems. Mrs. Petraeus is the assistant director for service member affairs at the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – in particular going after abusive bank lending practices and questionable home foreclosures

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...blic-questions
    Sapere aude

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

jagman (11th November 2012), modwiz (11th November 2012), SilentFeathers (11th November 2012), WhiteFeather (12th November 2012)

34. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

"I thought his real name was, Bond, James Bond!"

SilentFeathers

35. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

jagman (11th November 2012)

36. Link to Post #59
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

so, what I first heard, this was related back to Bush is being confirmed... Chris and the CIA were there under his direction for oil

now we find it was top Republicans that released the info that made him resign...

an FBI whistleblower went to a Washington Republican who went to Eric Cantor with the info...

the investigation would have been dropped for him to testify if it wasn't for this move...

I guess now we know why Benghazi-gate was never mentioned by Romney or lead Republicans before the election...

37. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member write4change's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,634 times in 628 posts

I have been following this on political sites and they seemed focused on the following theories: Eric Cantor did this to reduce Petraeus as the inevitable Republican nominee for 2016, Petraeus did this himself feeling he could get over it by that time as the affair had already been over and he could regroup from this easier than being seen as Obama's man, the inner deep shadows of Israel in the US governement did this because Petraeus was on record of not supporting Israel and their POV of the Middle East problems/solutions, and finally, he was just being a man and in known for "mentoring young female militarists/careerists". And finally there is the just a fit virile man enjoys an Angelina Jolie type more than Kathy Bates even if he is committed to her.
    Beware the axis of sanctimony.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast