+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denial and the fate of human kind

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Default Denial and the fate of human kind

I've always been a one-forum guy, unable to find the time to juggle a whole lot at the same time. Originally, it was Matt Savinar's Life After the Oil Crash, until he got over the mundane and went into astrology.

Anyways--he shut down that, and so I moved to this one (and the other splinter cells, specifically emeline's tinfoilpalace, which is nice), before I ran into "paranormal" personal issues and was drawn to avalon. I still pop in this one every now and again, and today was pleasantly surprised to find this incredible post by one of my most favorite thinkers i ever had the pleasure to come across on the web:

http://www.hubberts-arms.org/general...-of-humankind/

I am not trying to plug other sites, more of a moderate hero worship (all things are good in moderation) of this guy, mainly from stuff he was writing as he describes (and links to) here:

http://tinfoilpalace.eamped.com/2011...ature-of-life/

I am not very savvy on internet forum etiquette, so please feel free to remove or whatever if I am violating anything. I just thought it was great to see this type of discussion on old favorite forum (llamedos) that originally started out as pure MUNDANE (for lack of better term--they ripped my heart out by not including a "tinfoil hat" section...only to later add the "man behind the curtain" section). But then emeline started tinfoilpalace, which is where I eventually found camelot...

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Default Re: Denial and the fate of human kind

Rambling?
    There is no "I" in Team.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

donk (13th November 2012), Eram (13th November 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

A very interesting write. I found this appropriate as well:

Quote The thinker is on a quest for the true explanations regarding the organization, dynamics, and basis of the World; for the complete and consistent theory. However, that thinker does not want the upheaval that accompanies the final theory.
    In basing his thoughts upon the seemingly irreducible confrontation between the subjective and the objective he makes the salient point that this dichotomy and our inability to transcend it stand at the crux of our current dilemma as a species which has contributed heavily in the destruction of its environment and yet cannot take full responsibility for such to the extent that it inconveniences us to do so at the most basic, egocentric level. Self vs the World is one of the fundamental paradigmatic schisms of our lives, and it is also one of the primary driving forces behind consumption and ideological association that binds us to societies that are unsustainable and, therefore, necessarily short-lived.

The most important thoughts. The most important subject. And yet, left unspoken, undiscussed, because to do so would require action to follow words and thought.

Responsibility.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Chester (22nd November 2012), donk (13th November 2012), Eram (13th November 2012), spiritwind (14th November 2012), ulli (14th November 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,649 times in 21,531 posts

Interesting.

This second link of yours leads to this paper: Theory of the Origin, Evolution, and Nature of Life, by Erik D. Andrulis

Another thread, early this year, mentioned the same paper: The earth is alive. New theory explains the origin, evolution, and nature of Life.

In this paper, Erik D. Andrulis constructs a model for the universe, at any level, based on vortices or the term he prefers gyres:
    a circular or spiral movement or path
    It's not one of the common ways of thinking of things these days, at least not in the language that Andrulis presents it ... but my initial hunch is that it could be a very productive way of thinking.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (19th November 2012), Chester (22nd November 2012), donk (14th November 2012), Mark (14th November 2012), spiritwind (14th November 2012), ulli (14th November 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    A very interesting write. I found this appropriate as well:

Quote The thinker is on a quest for the true explanations regarding the organization, dynamics, and basis of the World; for the complete and consistent theory. However, that thinker does not want the upheaval that accompanies the final theory.
    In basing his thoughts upon the seemingly irreducible confrontation between the subjective and the objective he makes the salient point that this dichotomy and our inability to transcend it stand at the crux of our current dilemma as a species which has contributed heavily in the destruction of its environment and yet cannot take full responsibility for such to the extent that it inconveniences us to do so at the most basic, egocentric level. Self vs the World is one of the fundamental paradigmatic schisms of our lives, and it is also one of the primary driving forces behind consumption and ideological association that binds us to societies that are unsustainable and, therefore, necessarily short-lived.

The most important thoughts. The most important subject. And yet, left unspoken, undiscussed, because to do so would require action to follow words and thought.

Responsibility.
    Perhaps the best post I ever came across in this forum when it comes to making a point - Thanks, Rahkyt

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

donk (23rd November 2012), Mark (22nd November 2012)

+ Reply to Thread