+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With A New Life Changing Diet.

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

Default Re: Need Help With A New Life Changing Diet.

Well, as usual on here theres a ton of great advice !

If you/your dad chooses to try some thing like cayenne pepper, you can buy empty capsules on the internet so its easier to take, I got 1000 for 17 UK pounds, I use them for wild oregano oil , cayenne & tumeric, much easier to take!

Also for the magnesium, look for "transdermal magnesium", this is cheapest as "magnesium flakes" a kind of salt, you dissolve it in water, I soak a cloth in it & leave it on my skin for an hour or so, you only take up what you need & can't "OD" on it, its also better to take it like this as Mg can badly effect the digestive system.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Caren (16th November 2012), crosby (17th November 2012), Eram (16th November 2012), Fred Steeves (16th November 2012), tessie999 (17th November 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

All the best to you Fred and your father and your family.

I noticed this thread yesterday and did not have anything to suggest... well today I have spent the day reading this thread started 2 1/2 years ago

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-best-medicine...

All the best!

added:

This man Dr David Jubb's web site will give you alot of great information also.

http://jubbslongevityeurope.com
    Last edited by Kimberley; 16th November 2012 at 21:19.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Caren (16th November 2012), crosby (17th November 2012), Eram (16th November 2012), Fred Steeves (16th November 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Caren (16th November 2012), crosby (17th November 2012), DoubleHelix (17th November 2012), Eram (16th November 2012), Fred Steeves (16th November 2012), Holly Lindin (17th November 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Wow, just got home a little bit ago, and I am amazed at how much so many of ya'll know. Thank you so much for all the recommendations! I have already sent this link to my sister, and it looks like it's homework time for us both. Dad's going to be in the hospital for another week, and then likely rehab for another week or whatever, and then home. So, we do have some time to not have to do the ultra cram course, which actually works out well, being that our poor little brains are scattered all over the place these days.(LOL)

We will be going over these recommendations with a fine toothed comb, and thanks again!

Fred
    Last edited by Fred Steeves; 16th November 2012 at 23:46.

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Hi Fred,

Lot's of fantastic advice in this thread. I would just like to add olive leaf extract....I am a huge fan. It has many many health benefits, especially in regards to the heart. Here is some info:

Oleuropein

Oleuropein is the plant chemical that is obtained from olive leaves and commonly available in a dietary supplements as olive leaf extracts. Olive leaves have been used in traditional remedies across Europe and Mediterranean regions for many centuries in the form of herbal teas, powder and extracts. Olive leaf extracts have been studied by medical community for the heart protective effects of oleuropein.

Some studies supporting the positive effects of oleuropein on heart health are discussed below:

A study was designed to observe the lipid-lowering and antioxidative activities of native compounds from olive leaves among rats fed on a cholesterol rich diet for a period of 16 weeks. The results showed that there was significant reduction in the total cholesterol, triglyceride and bad (LDL) cholesterol levels along with decrease in oxidative damage. (3)

Another study conducted in 2008 showed that olive leaf polyphenols inhibited in vitro platelet activation in healthy, non-smoking males suggesting that the phenolic compounds of olive leaves could be the cause for reduced incidence of heart disease in the Mediterranean diet. The results showed decreased platelet aggregation at increased concentration of oleuropein. Although the researchers recommended further studies, the result of the study clearly suggested the positive effect of oleuropein in lowering high blood lipid levels (4).

A research report from the Institute of Pharmacological sciences, University of Milan, Italy states that several studies have demonstrated the powerful antioxidant effect of the compound oleuropein both in vitro and in vivo. The report also states that the heart protective benefits of the Mediterranean diet that is predominant in olive oil is partially due to the presence of the phenolic compound oleuropein (5).

Growing number of research studies indicate olive leaf extracts may benefit as a complimentary therapy for heart patients to improve healthy cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure. Before consuming olive leaf extract dietary supplements it is important to seek a doctor's advice to understand the possibility of drug interaction and other side effects. It is also important to remember that to achieve healthy cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure it is imperative to follow a healthy lifestyle and dietary choices along with olive leaf extract supplements.

References

1. http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_di.../en/index.html

2. http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/in...s/default.aspx

3. Jemai H,et.al; Lipid-lowering and antioxidant effects of hydroxytyrosol and its triacetylated derivative recovered from olive tree leaves in cholesterol-fed rats; J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Apr 23;56(8):2630-6. Epub 2008 Apr 2.

4. Singh I, et.l; The effects of polyphenols in olive leaves on platelet function; Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2008 Feb;18(2):127-32. Epub 2007 Mar 7.

5. Visioli F, Galli C; Antiatherogenic components of olive oil; Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2001 Jan;3(1):64-67.

Taken from the following website:

http://www.rochway.com.au/blog/olive...-heart-health/

Sounds like your dad is in good hands. He's a lucky guy to have such caring and aware children.

Take care, c
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 16th November 2012 at 23:50.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Caren (17th November 2012), crosby (17th November 2012), Eram (17th November 2012), Fred Steeves (16th November 2012), Holly Lindin (17th November 2012), Jules (17th November 2012)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Hip Hipnotist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 times in 314 posts

Hello, Fred.

And perhaps last, but certainly not least -- I speak from experience.

December 21, 2010, I suffered a massive heart attack. 40% chance of survival. Quad bypass and all the trimmings.

Almost two years later ( Yes, December 21, 2012 -- interesting date, huh? ) Off all meds ( there were so many I lost count ) and the healthiest I've ever been in my almost 63 years. What did I do? Simple.

Went vegan. No, not vegetarian -- vegan. There is a difference. Even Bill Clinton got this right. ;-)

Basically no crap. 'Crap' meaning just about everything contained in the typical american diet.

No doctor that I had contact with ( there were many ) would help with getting off meds. Can't blame them, that's all they know.

So I did some research ( like you ) and just changed my diet and my heart health, along with the rest of me, changed almost over night.

The suppliments I take: Hawthorn Berry, CoQ10, Red Yeast Rice ( for cholesterol ) D-3 ( 2000 iu ) Vit C and a partridge in a pear tree.

All vitals ( below ) normal. But that's a good thing.

The cardiologist now says, "Keep doing what your doing." And I say, "Thanks loads, doc."

Your dad sounds like he's got more going on than I did but cutting out ALL 'crap' from my diet got me to where I am ( nearly dead to vibrantly healthy ) in less than two years. And as the saying goes, "If I can do it anyone can!"

I wish you all well!!
    Last edited by Hip Hipnotist; 17th November 2012 at 03:20.

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hip Hipnotist For This Post:

BrianEn (17th November 2012), Caren (17th November 2012), conk (17th November 2012), crosby (17th November 2012), DoubleHelix (17th November 2012), Eram (17th November 2012), Fred Steeves (17th November 2012), Gardener (19th November 2012), Hervé (18th November 2012), Holly Lindin (17th November 2012), Jules (17th November 2012), lookbeyond (17th November 2012), ThePythonicCow (17th November 2012)

12. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 504 posts

I sent ya a short pm with my skype on it. I'm living what your dad is going through, and can only tell you what I do.
    There will come a day when we know our true history.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrianEn For This Post:

Caren (17th November 2012), crosby (17th November 2012), Eram (17th November 2012), Fred Steeves (17th November 2012), Gardener (19th November 2012)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Hi Fred,

I believe he has the most important healing agent of all>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOVE

How utterly fantastic that you and your sister will be there for him and nurture and nourish him in the days to come. I would think that your Dad is going to live a very happy and productive life for many years to come as he is cherished and loved by you, your sister and family. All seniors should be so blessed
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

BrianEn (17th November 2012), Caren (17th November 2012), crosby (17th November 2012), Eram (17th November 2012), Fred Steeves (17th November 2012), Gardener (19th November 2012)

16. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Retired Member Fred Ryan's Avatar
    Thanks

What does your dad say about all this? What does he want to do?

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Ryan For This Post:

Caren (17th November 2012), crosby (17th November 2012), Eram (17th November 2012), Fred Steeves (17th November 2012), heyokah (17th November 2012)

18. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Fred Ryan (here)
    Hi Fred, that's an easy one. Nothing is going to be forced on him, but he will be presented with a viable alternative to a steady diet of pharmaceuticals for the rest of his days. Either way, I may just use this as an overdue excuse to make a change in what goes in my own body. Like dad said, "I must be back here for a reason". Well, I believe that to be true, and maybe that's one of them.

Cheers,
    Fred

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 times in 450 posts

xxxxx xxxxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 10:54.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Caren (17th November 2012), Eram (17th November 2012), Fred Steeves (17th November 2012), genevieve (21st November 2012), sandy (17th November 2012)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)
    Quote Posted by Fred Ryan (here)
    Hi Fred, that's an easy one. Nothing is going to be forced on him, but he will be presented with a viable alternative to a steady diet of pharmaceuticals for the rest of his days. Either way, I may just use this as an overdue excuse to make a change in what goes in my own body. Like dad said, "I must be back here for a reason". Well, I believe that to be true, and maybe that's one of them.

Cheers,
    Fred
    Hi Fred,

In that case I can highly recommend the liver flush.
    There's nothing like it to change the body back to youth.

yeah, I know that Amzer Zo mentioned it too, but this can't be said enough imo.

I don't know if your father is fit enough to do this, so I would be careful there.
    Last edited by Eram; 17th November 2012 at 11:41.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Fred Steeves (17th November 2012), Hervé (18th November 2012), sandy (17th November 2012)

23. Link to Post #33
    Australia Avalon Member DoubleHelix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 times in 438 posts

One thing to take note of when taking supplements and/or vitamins is, whether or not they're naturally occurring. You'll find that an excess of over 90% of supplements in the U.S market today are synthetically produced in laboratories. The problem being with synthetics is that they're actually highly toxic to the body, therefore it has to exert energy attempting to rid itself of such harmful waste. If it carries the Naturally Occurring Standard (NOS), you know you're on the right track.

For more information on the topic, I would highly recommend Brian Clement's: Supplements Exposed: The Truth They Don't Want You to Know About Vitamins, Minerals, and Their Effects on Your Health.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DoubleHelix For This Post:

annieVee (18th November 2012), Caren (17th November 2012), Eram (17th November 2012), Fred Steeves (17th November 2012), sandy (17th November 2012)

25. Link to Post #34
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,618 times in 504 posts

Quote Posted by sandy (here)
    Hi Fred,

I believe he has the most important healing agent of all>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOVE

How utterly fantastic that you and your sister will be there for him and nurture and nourish him in the days to come. I would think that your Dad is going to live a very happy and productive life for many years to come as he is cherished and loved by you, your sister and family. All seniors should be so blessed

All the help I've gotten since all has been the greatest help. It's removed much of the stress would've had. The trouble is when I start feeling like a burden to those helping me. I know that isn't true, but sometimes I feel that way.
    There will come a day when we know our true history.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrianEn For This Post:

Eram (17th November 2012), Fred Steeves (17th November 2012), sandy (17th November 2012)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

A really easy thing to add to a diet that helps the blood and with inflammation is Tumeric.
    Add Tumeric to at least one meal a day to assist with blood flow and to help ease the inflammation in veins and capillaries, nerve endings. Also it is a tasty herb.
    Some folks prefer to use larger doses of this root-herb, mainly in a capsuled powder as a supplement.

People have already mentioned cayenne this can be a great directive. It get things moving.
    I like to use a pinch of natural sea salt from the Himalaya with these two for trace nutrients.

I also like to use Blue-green algae for plasma reinforcement for the blood and also for cell health. This can be crushed into a power and drank. It is not very nasty. Or taken as a capsule or hard pill. IT is live-food essentially and does a lot for the immune system as well.

Another tip I can offer is to make a serious effort to only drink spring water. If you can find a source use glass bottles if at all possible. The chemicals added to water systems these days cause all sorts of problems.
    I like to point out what Dr. Masuro Emoto had to say about the quality of water's structure. I firmly believe that anyone who drinks water that is "living water" will see a great benefit.

One more
    Wheat, eliminate this from the diet.

Next
    Limit meat intake, Over-consumption of meat tissue causes for an imbalance in the sleep cycle as well as stressing out your bodies organs.
    We also have a huge issue about the quality of the meat these days. Free range lean meats are better. I avoid all cow and pork is not on the menu.

GMO = organ disease
    nuff said about that.

Organic produce is best if you know how it is grown, so find a farm you can talk to or a good source for this that is the most-trust worthy. I don't trust corporate organic. ~ too many disconnects when it comes to operational oversight. From the farm to the plate is a longer trip and with more steps than that of a organic savvy "local farmer". So when I can I support local organic farmers whom know what they are doing.
    It is increasingly possible that To grow your own means health, so if that is possible do what you can. Sometimes starting with a small herb garden is a great way into this development. Getting in touch with nature has it's own benefits as well.

Sugar
    Sugar is one of the main reasons our immune system gets into trouble, this is my personal and strong opinion, however I am not alone. There are others out there with far more knowledge on the subject that seem to agree. When you go into this rise and crash metabolic cycle you become a huge target for all types of disease. dis-ease. I do not mean implicitly virus-bacteria-fungi infection, I am also adding the avenue of allergenic reaction. IF you body is busy trying to figure out a substance it doesn't understand you are too busy to stop the usual bad bacti-fungi-viruses (pathogens) that are always and that your body can handle in normal circumstances.

I also firmly believe that if you cut out sugar and wheat(gluten) form the diet your health will improve.
    (agave, honey and stevia are OK they have a low glycemic index)

I know I am saying quite a lot here.
    And so I must state that I am not a doctor. But I can say that I have been guided by smart people, some professionals and I have direct personal experience with assisting someone whom is in their 60s back to health.
    We made all sorts of efforts and exercise was a main factor.
    The heart needs to be able to circulate with ease. And the entire body circulation adds to the recipe of health.
    Getting the arms and limbs moving on a regular basis was a key factor to the healing success that I witnessed.

On a psychological level this is all very stressful on the psyche.
    I had heard of a recently recent study where people had a good result from using what I call time capsule therapy, or rather: the music from a person's youth or era of their fancy mixed with some of the popular settings, paintings, books, memorabilia. In the study they setup a whole room tuned to some 80 year old folks hayday. Happiness went up and so did their general well-being.
    Why not now?

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Eram (18th November 2012), Fred Steeves (18th November 2012), Gardener (19th November 2012), sandy (18th November 2012)

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

Please do yourself and him a favor and buy yourself the book called The Magnesium Miracle by Carolyn Dean, MD, ND.

I cannot tell you how very very important magnesium would be for him (heart and vascular system) and he is no doubt deficient.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

Eram (18th November 2012), Fred Steeves (18th November 2012), Gardener (19th November 2012), heyokah (18th November 2012), nomadguy (19th November 2012), sandy (18th November 2012)

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

There are a lot of great idea's that have been given here. The other side of the coin is that of quality of life. I don't know how long your dad has to live but eating is probably one of his last great enjoyments in life. Drastically changing his diet may be something that takes away from his enjoyment unless he wishes to do so. When you are old and very ill there is a great loss of independence and being allowed to have some control over things is important. Wishing you the best.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Fred Steeves (19th November 2012)

33. Link to Post #38
    Canada On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Dear Fred,

I know how you feel, so my love goes to you in support of your dad's speedy recovery.

May I suggest that you and your sister look up dr. Schulze (www.herbdoc.com). I found out about his herbs once my father-in-law's prostate cancer started to grow rapidly. After my father-in-law incorporated some of his herbal tinctures, teas and suggestions his cancer actually stagnated!! Now, while researching and reading about the Schulze treatment I came across a lot of testimonials where people were completely healed of all kinds of ailments just by changing a few simple things. In support of my father-in-law, my entire family switched to organic food and what a difference that has made.

I hope you find the diet that resonates with your father.

Best Wishes
    MK

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MK777 For This Post:

35. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Nearing----->
    Quote Please do yourself and him a favor and buy yourself the book called The Magnesium Miracle by Carolyn Dean, MD, ND.

I cannot tell you how very very important magnesium would be for him (heart and vascular system) and he is no doubt deficient.
    We are all very depleted in this mineral, and the above book makes awesome reading, recommended.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

37. Link to Post #40
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Along with magnesium deficiency, there is another mineral most human in the western world are also depleted with to the benefits of all AMAs/BMAs/etc laughing all the way to big pharma bank:

Check this other very important thread:

Got Potassium? Maybe that is why you don't have glowing health!

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    Modern agriculture is making us very ill. How many people have arthritis pain and increased blood pressure because we are starving? Instead of taking medicine, why not add potassium to your diet?

Quote Originally From http://joevialls.altermedia.info/potassium.html [which has since been removed from the internet]

POTASSIUM DEFICIENCY SCAM KILLS AND MAIMS MILLIONS
    Deliberately restricting your potassium intake makes you very ill, and thus vulnerable to hundreds of highly profitable medical "cures"
    Copyright Joe Vialls, 30 January 2004

The title immediately suggests to the reader that a giant pharmaceutical atrocity has been inflicted on the poor natives of some far off third-world country, by a predictably greedy drug multinational, but this is simply not the case. By far the largest number of deaths and permanent crippling disabilities from potassium deficiency occur in America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and several other western nations. How this horrific state of affairs came into being and was perpetuated thereafter, is a very long and frequently confusing story, meaning that we must start at the very beginning if we are to have any real chance of understanding the lethal implications.

[...]

... the information might be of use to someone out there who either already has cardio-vascular problems, or is seriously interested in avoiding cardio-vascular problems at any time in the future.

For more than 25 years I suffered from 'essential hypertension', in other words high blood pressure that the medical fraternity cannot explain. During that period about eight different medical doctors gave me a staggering variety of 'patent medicines', none of which produced a steady reduction of blood pressure, though on two notable occasions the medicines caused 'bad reactions' which dropped my blood pressure so low and so suddenly, that my wife could barely get a reading. At no time during this 25-year period did any of the medical doctors suggest that it might be a good idea to measure my serum electrolyte levels, in order to check for potassium deficiency. As you might expect, this entire sequence put me off the medical profession in a very big way.

Towards the end of 2003 I started getting the classic signs of 'angina', which, over the next six weeks, rapidly progressed into 'unstable angina', a textbook case involving an accelerating or "crescendo" pattern of chest and back pain that lasted longer than ordinary 'angina'. This was accompanied by acute breathlessness, especially after even moderate exertion or a small carbohydrate meal.

The fact that the medical profession did not know the cause of 'angina' infuriated me, because everything on the planet is caused by something else. My basic knowledge of chemistry indicated that I might be suffering from a sodium overdose, so although in extreme pain and at times barely conscious, I managed to hook up to the Internet and do a few basic Google searches. The only sodium overdoses I could find were those caused by various synthetic drugs, so I reversed my search pattern and tried "potassium deficiency" instead. It was then that I discovered my medical 'angina' symptoms precisely matched those exhibited by a person suffering from an acute potassium deficiency. This information came as no great surprise. On the face of it, I had uncovered the underlying cause of medical 'angina', the latter credited with the sale of more than a billion dollars worth of synthetic 'patent medicines' every year. The problem was knowing what to do next.

[...]
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast