1. Link to Post #941
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

Default Re: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

Quote Posted by teradactyl (here)
    come on guys
    Only joking girl
    Thankfully you did'nt send me a threatening letter...
    Love you
    Ray

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

animovado (14th June 2013), AwakeInADream (10th June 2013), Eram (11th June 2013), Jake (10th June 2013), Kraut (10th June 2013), Kristo (15th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), soleil (10th June 2013), TraineeHuman (11th June 2013)

3. Link to Post #942
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

no never, you guys are my friends (can i say that? ). so lots of love with you all. if anything, my ego is trying not to cower for making a stupid call on reading that book, so a mean pm, is so not my style.

if i could pick up the tipping book (radical forgiveness) i'd be reading that. but i'll have to wait till friday at least.

also, i just started reading the pilot, as recommended by mr. white. so far i think its a good book, for me, right now.
    Last edited by soleil; 10th June 2013 at 17:41.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

animovado (14th June 2013), AwakeInADream (10th June 2013), Eram (11th June 2013), Finefeather (11th June 2013), Freed Fox (10th June 2013), Jake (10th June 2013), Kraut (10th June 2013), Kristo (15th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (17th June 2013), TraineeHuman (11th June 2013)

5. Link to Post #943
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 times in 540 posts

also, i just started reading the pilot, as recommended by mr. white. so far i think its a good book, for me, right now.
    Is that "The Pilot's Self Clearing" book? Some of those exercises seem quite familiar (like TH's) and useful, I think they would fit in well with this thread. He does mention early on not to worry if you happen to spontaneously find yourself out of body.

Link here (1.35MB):http://freezoneearth.org/pub/SELF%20CLEARING%202004.pdf

P.S. I read Truman's book too, I got bored half way through.

Hi TraineeHuman! I know you don't like all that Scientology stuff but I would be interested to hear what you think of some of the exercises in The Pilots book...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), Eram (11th June 2013), Finefeather (11th June 2013), Freed Fox (10th June 2013), Kraut (11th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), soleil (10th June 2013), TraineeHuman (11th June 2013)

7. Link to Post #944
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

yes thats the one, good question awake.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (10th June 2013), Eram (11th June 2013), Finefeather (11th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), TraineeHuman (11th June 2013)

9. Link to Post #945
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

TH: Been thinking about another question... Chakras.

I read once where Edgar Cayce equated the seven seals in the book of Revelation in the bible to the seven main chakras. And the opening of the seals was sort of like opening or awakening each of our chakras. In the past this has made me want to spend time in meditation focusing on each one, starting at the root and working up, should the day ever come when I feel like the first one was ever opened. :-) But it has been recommended here that we rather work with them all together as a whole system, and avoid focusing on individual ones. Are the reasons for this a lot like the reasons why OBE isn't the best way to work at spiritual advance? Because we can get tangled up by distraction?

Just curious.

And P.S., someday, hopefully many years from now, when you do go back to your old job, you'll be sure to pay us visits right?

Joe

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (10th June 2013), Eram (11th June 2013), Finefeather (11th June 2013), Freed Fox (10th June 2013), Ikarusion (16th December 2014), Kraut (11th June 2013), Kristo (15th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Orph (11th June 2013), TraineeHuman (11th June 2013)

11. Link to Post #946
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Quote Posted by AwakeInADream (here)
    Link here (1.35MB):http://freezoneearth.org/pub/SELF%20CLEARING%202004.pdf
    Hi TraineeHuman! ... I would be interested to hear what you think of some of the exercises in The Pilots book...
    Ken Ogger is a good writer, and he’s extremely good at emphasizing and staying with the positive.

However, as best as I understand, one of the reasons why the church of scientology was banned in many US states and various countries was that, unfortunately (according to various clients), for various individuals it facilitated the depletion of their live savings with the clients still not having solved their problems, on the grounds that the clients needed to pay for yet further therapy sessions.

(Presumably) by contrast, in the recent video Byron Katie, for example, gets resolution of the whole issue of “My son is selfish” in ten minutes plus half an hour’s homework from the client.

I wonder if, with the same client, the church of scientology, based on the above, might spend months or years working on related issues which were also validly there, instead of directly facing the big issue in one hit.

I believe some of the concepts in Mr Ogger’s book, such as “process” and “charge” and “release”, were invented by Alexander Lowen, and not by L Ron Hubbard – though Lowen didn’t use the same terms for these concepts, or certainly not for what Hubbard called “charge”. (Admittedly, Lowen didn’t claim his concept was in some way measurable by the electrical voltage in tin cans held in the hands.)

Lowen was one of the major founders of Western psychology, along with Freud. The approach of Katie or Tipping is very much in accord with how Lowen intended these concepts and their related principles to be used.

So, one big issue for me is, does Mr Ogger’s version of scientology face clients’ issues in toto in one big “hit”? I suspect probably not. But if I’m wrong on that score, there are still elements that I see as weaknesses.

One is the use of “commands” and “drills”. I’ve already explained earlier in this thread (mostly in early March) why I find hypnosis and self-hypnosis problematical. (But briefly, if one part of you is “commanding” the rest of you while keeping the rest of you uninformed about what the full agenda is – which is what hypnosis is, by definition --, then we have self-repression going on, not to mention a splitting of self which will need to be therapeutically resolved.) But if there are other alternatives available that don’t have these drawbacks, why not use them instead?
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (11th June 2013), Eram (11th June 2013), Finefeather (12th June 2013), Freed Fox (11th June 2013), Ikarusion (16th December 2014), Kraut (11th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (11th June 2013), soleil (11th June 2013)

13. Link to Post #947
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

This morning, I had a lucid dream again.

I had awoken early at 4 o'clock and couldn't sleep any more, so went out for a cup of tea.
    After that, at about 5:30 AM I went back to bed.

In my dream, I was waking up in an unfamiliar bedroom.
    Laying there in the bed I suddenly realized that I must be dreaming, so I got out of the bed and tried to fly.
    I just sort of took a short run-up and jumped in the air and I was floating.
    Then I sort of swam through the air downstairs, using the stairs as a tunnel to float through.
    The door outside was closed and I wondered if I could float just through it, and I could (that was so funny, it made me laugh).
    Outside, there was a clear blue sky and I was in the neighborhood that I lived in as a kid/teenager.
    Strangely, there where no other people in sight (Come to think of it, most of my lucid dreams are without people or animals in them).
    Any way, I flew some more and had a great time doing so.
    There was still a ever so slightly gravity pull on me, so I had to sort of flap my arms a bit every now and then to keep me from returning to the ground.
    Just when I was thinking about what to do next, my partner woke me up, because apparently, I was making noises in my sleep. lol

What amazes me every time that I have a lucid dream, is that it feels so real.
    It is nothing like my usual dreams where the sensory input is sort of limited.
    In lucid dreams, I feel even more "alive" as in real life.

question:
    It seems to me, that in a lucid dream, the setting is the same as in normal dreaming. Meaning that there is a scenery that is projected from within, the unconscious or the mind... whatever.
    Is it possible to use a lucid dream as a platform to have a more OBE like experience, as in traveling through the lower astral planes or higher ones?
    Maybe, the neighborhood of my teen years was/is the lower astral realm? But why aren't there any people to be seen there?
    Last edited by Eram; 13th June 2013 at 07:02.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (13th June 2013), Finefeather (13th June 2013), Freed Fox (13th June 2013), Kraut (13th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (15th June 2013), soleil (13th June 2013), TraineeHuman (13th June 2013)

15. Link to Post #948
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

Quote Posted by Eram (here)
    question:
    It seems to me, that in a lucid dream, the setting is the same as in normal dreaming. Meaning that there is a scenery that is projected from within, the unconscious or the mind... whatever.
    Is it possible to use a lucid dream as a platform to have a more OBE like experience, as in traveling through the lower astral planes or higher ones?
    Maybe, the neighborhood of my teen years was/is the lower astral realm? But why aren't there any people to be seen there?
    Hi Eram
    To explain this more easily, I just need to give a bit of background. I apologize for the length of some of my posts but it is not easy to give a reasonable answer sometimes, without some background.

The real Self...which is the true 'us'...not the 'I'...is permanent and at this stage is present in what I call the Causal Envelope...TH calls this the Higher Mind or 6D. Please do not for one moment think I am in conflict with TH because I use different terms.
    This is the stage which the majority of humans have evolved to. There are of course higher levels but I do not wish to go into those now. We are all on our way to these higher dimensions and seek to gain consciousness in them...but for now we are all busy with gaining full consciousness of the Causal Level. The reason why it is called Causal is simply because this level is where our complete past history is in memory, and it is from this level that we work out what the best incarnation would be to refine the vibrations which are currently CAUSING us to need to incarnate. Like a review of our state of consciousness. Always try to keep in mind that reincarnation is ONLY necessary because our OVERALL state of vibration is not yet capable of been conscious of the higher levels...AND...the best place to refine these vibrations is on the earth plane, because of it's unique vibrational nature. There are other reasons as well but I cannot go into these now.
    To facilitate incarnation we require other envelopes or 'bodies'...like transformers to be able to reduce the vibrational state of the real Self so that it can sense the lower planes.
    These envelopes, or bodies, are the etheric, the emotional and the lower mental...3D, 4D and5D...and they each have multiple sub levels...and we are active, and thus conscious, in each of these, in accordance with the level which we have achieved in each envelope or body.

Now...when we sleep we are active in one of these levels of our consciousness...the lower levels are more easy to remember and the higher more difficult. Just like, say, a radio station, which is close or far away...the comms depends on the strength and clarity of the signal.

When we do normal OB travel around the neighborhood and try to sneak into the room of the girl next door we are in the etheric plane. This should immediately give you some idea of why this level of OB is not recommended unless you have learn t to keep your nose out of your neighbor's house...not to mention that it is not a very high level in terms of the levels...so not much to learn here...mainly just for fun and snooping. You can incur negative karma in this state...so be careful what you get up to. In this state we are usually alone and on our own little trip. We are the same mind so do not think you become cleverer just because you can fly around and walk through buildings

Just to remind you that negative karma, technically, is simply a vibration we have merged with or created our self, which can result in lowering our overall state of vibration in that body...something we are trying to avoid.

When we are dreaming in the emotional or astral state or body we often bring back very lucid experiences because this is our main state at this point in our evolution...we are basically emotional beings now and you can clearly see that there are many now moving into the mental or more rational stage on earth. By the way...scientists and some clever people are not necessarily on the higher mental levels yet so do not get confused with learned intelligence as been a requirement...it is how we think with the knowledge we have gained.
    In this state we can create anything in an instant and we can even create other people to complete our little imaginative play. We usually are not aware of any interaction with others simply because they are not really there. Maybe some have experienced a dream where they appear to be with a friend, but at the time we had the dream the person we were dreaming of was actually at work...quite awake...and the lucidity of it is simply because we are quite conscious in our waking state of this level...so most lucid dreams occur on the emotional level. In these dreams we are usually aware of being the 'I' like we are aware of been us on the physical plane...it is the same mind...we do not know more.

Now the mental state is a bit different (note-I didn’t use 'body' here)...all this means is that we will be considering the knowledge, we have acquired, more carefully or less carefully depending on the level we have become conscious of on the mental levels.
    We always use mind on every level...it is just the mentality which differs between people. So if someone is more mentally conscious...that person will approach some knowledge differently to another who is say less mentally conscious. You might notice in life how we each approach problems differently. The higher we are on the mental levels the more likely it will be that our lucid dream will have a more understandable meaning to it...of course it has to get past the emotional level first...and it is here that it can be easily misunderstood.

Now we get to the Causal level dream. This is an actual interaction between Selves or lets bring back another word...Spiritual Beings...OR...the real Self...on it's own doing some work or something it wants to do. It is here that past lives can be assessed and seen, and we can also do time line probabilities, or even pre runs of our next incarnation or go back in time to a past life and actually re-experience some past event. I have gone back, one time, to experience one of my past deaths...to refresh my memory...I died on a sidewalk and entered that body and experienced the lifting out of the body as if it was happening in real time.
    These dream recalls are the ones which usually fade quickly as we wake up.

We should remember that dream recollection is only as good as the quality of the state of the vibration of each level down from which the dream has occurred in. So each person is different and each person is at different levels of consciousness...so each will experience dreams differently.
    Although I am most fascinated by the lovely explanation TH gives of dreams...I think he has also been quite clear in his expression that we need to seek and work on our own consciousness expansion, in order to be more aware of the knowledge and wisdom of the Higher mind or true Self.

There are instances we see, and read of, and maybe even have experienced them our self, where a person gets a profound insight into some current or future world event...now these are all, without exception, direct communication with the Causal Self or Higher Mind...The real Self is able to contact it's lower 'bodies' in exceptional cases...but these are all in collaboration and with the assistance of more highly evolved Beings. These kinds of planetary revelations are rare and many profess to be able to do this...beware of imposters...because most will be just that.

Life is far simpler than we want it to be...and many want it to be complicated for some sinister reason.
    Joy and happiness and humor is missing often from our daily lives...we need to bring it back...were it belongs. Quiet truthful consideration of our position in life should be sought and love should play the major role in our actions.

Take care and my love to all
    Ray

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Andrew (13th June 2013), animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (13th June 2013), Eram (13th June 2013), Freed Fox (13th June 2013), greybeard (13th June 2013), Ikarusion (16th December 2014), Jake (13th June 2013), Kraut (13th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (13th June 2013), TraineeHuman (13th June 2013)

17. Link to Post #949
    Thanks

Eram, I agree with Ray's above post. But here's an attempt to provide an additional answer to your specific question.

If you are having a dream which isn’t lucid, you (or, often, even your Higher Self) comes up with “scenery” part of which is e.g. scenes or the face of a certain friend. But the dream isn’t about that friend. It’s actually about whatever you associate with that particular friend, what they mean for you.

In OBEs or lucid dreams you will often see people or animals or ETs or beings or even thought-forms as balls of light. Often if you concentrate on a ball of light, it will reveal some picture of how he/she/it looks, or used to look, or perhaps would want to deceive you into believing she/he/it looks like. Of course, the further you are from the lower realms, the less likely a being is to present in a deceiving guise.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (13th June 2013), Eram (13th June 2013), Finefeather (13th June 2013), Freed Fox (13th June 2013), Jake (13th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (15th June 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (13th June 2013)

19. Link to Post #950
    Thanks

Quote Posted by seeker1972 (here)
    TH: Been thinking about another question... Chakras.

I read once where Edgar Cayce equated the seven seals in the book of Revelation in the bible to the seven main chakras. And the opening of the seals was sort of like opening or awakening each of our chakras. In the past this has made me want to spend time in meditation focusing on each one, starting at the root and working up, should the day ever come when I feel like the first one was ever opened. :-) But it has been recommended here that we rather work with them all together as a whole system, and avoid focusing on individual ones. Are the reasons for this a lot like the reasons why OBE isn't the best way to work at spiritual advance? Because we can get tangled up by distraction?

Just curious.
    Joe
    The human being on the street believes s/he has consciousness. It’s not quite what we here mean by (Higher Mind) consciousness. But the irony is, it’s a “consciousness” that’s quite in ignorance of its own true nature. For, hiding inside the foundations of such “fallen” consciousness is something beyond what the physical senses can yield. It’s in there somewhere, but it’s very veiled to most people.

One reason why it’s already there, hiding in those foundations, is this. Through the physical senses the unawakened type of consciousness constructs “the world out there”. But just through pure reason it’s possible to prove there’s no such thing as “the world out there” completely separate from you, any more than there’s a genuinely separate “world in here”. As we know, in quantum physics the observing subject is known to always significantly alter what is actually observed. In the world of sociology, it’s also generally accepted that reason proves there’s no separate “world out of there”.

So, through pure reason even the human being on the street can work out that they are a subject that’s more real, more prior, than their physical senses. The issue then becomes to explore and understand just what that subject is and what it experiences.

Meditation is very useful here, because it does just that. It explores what it means to be a pure subject, and what it is that a pure subject really experiences. At this point experience becomes the primary thing, because we have gone past the foundations that underlie pure reason.

To finally get to a response to your post, Joe, I guess I see astral travel as not the full answer because it doesn’t usually take people as far as the pure experiencing subject and its world. But when they astral travel they are nevertheless a huge step out of the world of the physical senses and into a deeper reality than the physical level (which is not to say that the physical world should be shunned or whatever).
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 14th June 2013 at 02:01.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (14th June 2013), Eram (14th June 2013), Finefeather (14th June 2013), Freed Fox (14th June 2013), Kraut (14th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (15th June 2013)

21. Link to Post #951
    Thanks

TH, ive been reading about ancient (everything) FOL, runes(futhark), tree religions, oghams, ancient deities--- and would love to learn what you know on that too if you ever have time. its a huge topic, but i trust you to point me into areas that are applicable with learning whats important (truly).
    Before you look for knowledge about anything from others, teradactyl, I very strongly suggest it’s best to first experience that area a little yourself, free of any prior conceptions.

So, if you’re interested in knowledge about sacred trees or something to do with trees, I’ve only had experiential knowledge and never tried to put words on any of it. But trees have taught me an awful lot even of “advanced” stuff about spiritual things, particularly when I was an adolescent and younger.

Similarly, each time I experienced one of the benevolent Gods, at the time of the experience I had no idea who or what they really were, other than that they were certainly benevolent and not deceitful, to put it mildly. Each time it took a lot of working out and help from others who had knowledge in the area, or expert clairvoyant sight. I guess all of us, including myself, demonstrate complete stupidity at times. One example of that, as far as I’m concerned, is the people who superciliously assert that “obviously” they “know” that all the Gods were ET visitors who weren’t from the divine dimensions at all. Add mixtures of various kinds of paranoia and stir. And yet I’ll bet these individuals have never actually met a God at all – or certainly not a benevolent one. They have no direct knowledge of what they’re even talking about! Actually, because I came from “home” in the upper sixth dimension and was a guardian angel myself for eons, I’ve been allowed to check, and I found that the benevolent Gods – who are very few in number -- are at the top of the guardian angels’ own “food chain”. These Gods all come from this planet, and I believe they were the most evolved beings among the Tall Whites on this planet – who were a previous human race. Unfortunately, the high priests and priestesses made up many lies about even the benevolent Gods, giving them egoic weaknesses which are a total fiction indeed.

I know nothing about runes, but the art of reading them would no doubt be a way of developing your intuition and your consciousness, much like tarot reading.

Everything I’ve written in this thread either came straight from my own experience or it’s my best interpretation of things I’ve experienced, sometimes transferring them to other people’s circumstances.

I don’t mind responding to questions from you asking for information, teradactyl, because I know you’re one of those rather rare individuals who’ll take direct action and do their best to apply such knowledge if they can. Which is what everyone should be doing! But I’d strongly suggest that at present you need to pursue both self-psychotherapy and energy work in some form or other. I don’t know what it’s like in Canada, but in my country one can get free lessons in t’ai chi and qi gong, and the Tibetan T5T “immortality” exercises are probably available online and are also one form of energy work that’s free to access.

And sorry, but the only item on that list that I know about is the good Gods, and I'm not willing to say more about that one.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (14th June 2013), Eram (14th June 2013), Finefeather (14th June 2013), Ikarusion (16th December 2014), Kraut (14th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (15th June 2013), soleil (14th June 2013)

23. Link to Post #952
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Hi Ray,

I think this is the first time that I find one of your posts confusing and difficult to understand.
    This was some tough information to get my mind around and I still haven't gotten to all of it
    I shall read it again for a few more times and maybe then I have some questions.

one question for now...
    When you say:
    Quote When we do normal OB travel around the neighborhood and try to sneak into the room of the girl next door we are in the etheric plane. This should immediately give you some idea of why this level of OB is not recommended unless you have learn t to keep your nose out of your neighbor's house...not to mention that it is not a very high level in terms of the levels...so not much to learn here...mainly just for fun and snooping. You can incur negative karma in this state...so be careful what you get up to. In this state we are usually alone and on our own little trip. We are the same mind so do not think you become cleverer just because you can fly around and walk through buildings

Just to remind you that negative karma, technically, is simply a vibration we have merged with or created our self, which can result in lowering our overall state of vibration in that body...something we are trying to avoid.
    Would you agree that it is possible to build negative karma and undo that buildup again in one lifetime?
    I'm not talking about creating negative karma in the astral specifically, but negative karma in general (build up in every day life).

For instance.... When a person becomes a Hells Angel hard core criminal at one point in his life and builds up negative karma there, then later in life turns his life around and finds some form of enlightenment, or detachment if you will and hence undo negative karma, would that result in an end result of losing negative karma? (Hope I'm not blabbering too much here)

About my questions about what to do when finding myself in a lucid dream:
    What I really meant was... if I wake up in a dream(dream becomes lucid), is there anything that I can do at that moment that helps me in spiritual growth?
    I mean... In my dream yesterday, I remember that after I flew for some moments, I began asking myself... and what now? what should I do now?
    It's nice to play around and I think there is nothing wrong with it, as long that you keep yourself out of trouble, but my main interest in OBE or lucid dreaming is to come to a higher understanding about reality, not just fly around.
    I noticed yesterday that the scenery wasn't thought responsive. At least... at one point I imagined to go to Amsterdam, but the scenery stayed the same. I didn't immediately "get there".
    I would like to have some notion of what could be useful to do, after I wake up in a dream.
    Some time ago, in every lucid dream that I had, I immediately demanded to go to my higher self and this always would end in me, waking up in 3D, so, without the desired result.
    Since you both explained here that it just doesn't work this way, I'm just trying to find out what else I can or should do (in a lucid dream).

one thing that I fully understood and agree with is this:
    Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)

Life is far simpler than we want it to be...and many want it to be complicated for some sinister reason.
    Joy and happiness and humor is missing often from our daily lives...we need to bring it back...were it belongs. Quiet truthful consideration of our position in life should be sought and love should play the major role in our actions.
    I would say... Life is far simpler then we imagined it to be!

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (14th June 2013), Finefeather (14th June 2013), Freed Fox (14th June 2013), Ikarusion (16th December 2014), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (15th June 2013), TraineeHuman (14th June 2013)

25. Link to Post #953
    Thanks

Simplicity is what you have when you have made it to living in and from the Higher Mind.

Learning to make you and your life truly very simple is a pathway into the Higher Mind. If you can learn to practice feeling the aliveness most of your waking hours, that’s one example of how to get there through simplicity. It’s the best and quickest simplicity path I know. After a while it kind of develops its own momentum, or seems to.

But simplicity is an end result of being in that place of the Higher, deeper, truer you. You can’t just wave a magic wand and declare that from the next minute on you will be very, very simple.

“As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

That's about as "straight" a shot of truth as you'll get anywhere!

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (14th June 2013), Eram (14th June 2013), Finefeather (14th June 2013), Freed Fox (14th June 2013), Ikarusion (16th December 2014), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (15th June 2013)

27. Link to Post #954
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻
    Last edited by Padmé; 18th January 2019 at 06:36.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Padmé For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (14th June 2013), Eram (14th June 2013), Finefeather (14th June 2013), Freed Fox (14th June 2013), Jake (15th June 2013), Kraut (14th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Mike (14th June 2013), soleil (14th June 2013), TraineeHuman (14th June 2013)

29. Link to Post #955
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 times in 540 posts

Hi All!

I've found some books of interest on topics that have been discussed on this thread:

"The Dancing Wu Li Masters":
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ar...ulimasters.pdf

Itzhak Bentov: Stalking The Wild Pendulum
    http://awakenvideo.org/pdf/Inner%20S...sciousness.pdf

Itzak Bentov: Brief Tour of Higher Consciousness
    (containing a chapter on the higher self)
    http://awakenvideo.org/pdf/Inner%20S...sciousness.pdf

Byron Katie: http://www.thework.com/downloads/lit...English_LB.pdf

And not a Scientologist in sight

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Andrew (16th June 2013), animovado (15th June 2013), Eram (15th June 2013), Finefeather (15th June 2013), Freed Fox (14th June 2013), Ikarusion (16th December 2014), Kraut (15th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (15th June 2013), soleil (18th June 2013), TraineeHuman (15th June 2013)

31. Link to Post #956
    Thanks

I’ve been reading the book of Benthov’s titled A Brief Tour of Higher Consciousness, and can’t put it down. It must be decades since I’ve seen a book which made me do that. This book is all about the Higher Mind and Source and how universes work and are created, and about divine beings and so on. Haven’t found anything yet that I disagree with, either.

It’s all written in ridiculously simple language. I suspect it probably answers quite a few of teradactyl’s questions about deities and ancient knowledge. (I mean, I already knew that the being I generally know as the supreme God Shiva (also called, e.g., Dionysus) is the creator of this universe. I already knew that he has very close ties with Gaia (also called Artemis, or Kali - but there are a few negative so-called godesses who call themselves Kali too, and they are really bad news. It's very common for followers of a God, or maybe beings very jealous of one, to impersonate that God, when they are nowhere near as wise or evolved. But I didn't realise Gaia was a co-creator of the entire universe and not just of this planet.) When someone can express such deep knowledge/insights with such simplicity, it’s what they call “genius” – though of course it’s really just the Higher Mind’s insights coming through cleanly.

This book is apparently a sequel to Stalking the Wild Pendulum, which seems to be all about the etheric body, the astral/emotional body, and the astral/mental body, and their worlds.

Thanks so much, Awake! And Ray!

Happy reading, folks. I don’t believe you’ll be disappointed.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (15th June 2013), Eram (15th June 2013), Finefeather (15th June 2013), Freed Fox (15th June 2013), Ikarusion (16th December 2014), Joe Akulis (17th June 2013), Libico (2nd December 2013), Reinhard (15th June 2013), soleil (18th June 2013)

33. Link to Post #957
    Thanks

The following table is from page 215 of Transpersonal Psychologies, edited by Charles Tart, which I have accessed an online copy of thanks to Awake. It’s from an essay entitled: “The Buddha on meditation and states of consciousness”. The “Formless States” are dimensions six to thirteen as they are experienced in meditation – though I don’t know what they mean by “Breath ceases” once one reaches the Fourth Formless State – dimension 9 – in meditation. The “Eighth Formless State” seems to be the same as Atman (i.e., dimension 13), the first state of the worlds of Source or Divinity.

Another comment I would make is that while one is engaged actively in ordinary life in the physical world, my experience suggests one doesn’t stay for longer than moments in dimensions above the Third Formless State, i.e. dimension 8 -- except that I guess one will have some kind of background sense of being infinitely vast, and of an ultimate no-thing-ness underlying the superficial reality.

PATH OF CONCENTRATION
    FORMLESS
    STATES

Eighth: Neither-perception-nor nonperception.
    Equanimity and one-pointedness.

Seventh: Awareness of no-thing-ness.

Sixth: Objectless infinite consciousness.

Fifth: Consciousness of infinite space.

Fourth: Equanimity and one-pointedness. Bliss and all feelings of bodily pleasure cease.
    Concentration imperturbable. Breath ceases.

Third: Feelings of bliss, one-pointedness, and equanimity. Rapture ceases.

Second: Feelings of rapture, bliss, and one-pointedness. No thought of primary object.

First Jhana: Hindering thoughts, sensory perception, and awareness of painful body states all cease. Initial and unbroken, sustained attention to primary object. Feelings of rapture, bliss, and one-pointedness.

It's still necessary to experience these things first. But when/if you do, the above is a fairly accurate description, in my view. Notice how it's all about "one-pointedness", but that doesn't mean concentration, it means awareness.

I've come across some meditators who experienced rapture or ecstasy plus very bright light, and imagined it was an experience of enlightenment. But it was only their first proper experience of dimension 6 or 7 (The First or Second of the Formless States).
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 15th June 2013 at 10:31.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (15th June 2013), AwakeInADream (15th June 2013), Eram (15th June 2013), Finefeather (15th June 2013), Joe Akulis (17th June 2013), Kraut (15th June 2013), Reinhard (17th June 2013), soleil (18th June 2013)

35. Link to Post #958
    Thanks

The “sixth sense” Ray speaks of that lies beyond the physical senses is really our only sense, because everything physical that we perceive, we perceive psychologically, by which I mean as a pure subject. The “sixth sense” is the action of the subject that uses the five physical senses but it’s also more than all of them put together.

The sixth sense is more than the physical senses because it looks both inward – at itself – and outward – through the physical senses. Not only that, it’s always doing both! One way to describe when we are using our Higher Mind is to say that it’s whenever we become aware of looking both in and out simultaneously (or that we are able to at that moment).

The sixth sense stays with us beyond death, while the other senses have their lights switched off. (But then once we die we turn on our “astral sight”.) You can directly feel your sixth sense inside your body right now. Just feel the aliveness inside of you. All that you feel inside (at least, all that’s positive) will accompany you to the afterlife. That’s your sixth sense, plus parts of your baggage as well. That will be you in the afterlife.

Unfortunately, from a very early age we develop an “identity” or two and through that we consider we’re separate from everything and everyone else. In reality we’re not, at all. But we need the physical senses so that we can convince ourselves that we’re able to connect with all that’s “outside” of us. Our “identity” leads us to believe that’s the only way. Unless, maybe, we “fall in love” and it’s not just infatuation, or maybe we feel we have a “soul connection” with someone.

To be free of karma means simply to be able to identify with everybody and everything. By identify I mean to literally see them as identical with you, united with you. In practice I guess that means being totally able to bear walking in their shoes. And that includes the shoes of all the people who used to be able to “press your buttons”.

The Higher Mind knows that you are in reality fully united with everything and everyone. The delusion that you’re not is 100% the ego’s doing. The Higher Mind just isn’t interested in pretending such nonsense has any reality to it. That’s why it has a different take on many things.

The truth is, all your limitations -- other than the purely physical limitations of your body -- are an illusion, created by the ego. That's what the Higher Mind constantly sees.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 15th June 2013 at 14:34.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (16th June 2013), AwakeInADream (15th June 2013), Eram (15th June 2013), Finefeather (15th June 2013), Freed Fox (15th June 2013), Joe Akulis (17th June 2013), Kraut (15th June 2013), Reinhard (17th June 2013), soleil (18th June 2013)

37. Link to Post #959
    Thanks

EXERCISE At this point I’d like to give all who are willing another exercise to work on. I’m hoping it’s OK to leave it somewhat open-ended for you to find your own ways to do it. The exercise is to spend some time every day working on developing your intuition (for lack of a better word).

What is the intuition? Well, really, one way to describe it is that it’s simply when you look inwards and the looker and the looked at merge into one. That’s what it really is, but you can also say it means practicing being “at one” with anything. It’s great to do this with Nature – with trees, streams, flowers, fields, and so on. When you do it with anything or anyone that’s part of human civilization, you need to do it very briefly, for no more than seconds, and then detach again, put some space back in between you and the other. I used to get in trouble with one of my teachers who was very clairvoyant, because she claimed I would use my intuition to briefly "eavesdrop" on others around me, even strangers. She insisted I needed to learn to mind my own business more and give others more space to privately think or feel things that I didn't pick up on in some general way.

If you’re thinking of doing it for longer than a few seconds with another person, or animal (or an ET or a disembodied being, etc), I strongly suggest that while you're a beginner you should be “at one” with the problem or question they are asking you – which I’ve already explained how to do. That was the exercise in post #24. Actually, if all you do is the exercise in post #24 for at least fifteen minutes a day, most days, that would be perfectly fine, too. That’s how to do tarot readings, for instance, and clairvoyant readings generally. But be "at one" with that person or being's question, and not with them themselves.

You can also get into some area of the fine arts, if you like. But work on it every day. Your intuition is like “sensing”, the way animals know most things. It seems almost like an instinct, because it bypasses the reasoning mind and the ego.

Frankly, as someone of ET origins before being born as a human, most of my life I’ve been overwhelmingly fascinated by creativity. Creativity is what you get when you develop the intuition more fully, and the kundalini energy is also an energy of creativity, though coming from what we could call a slightly different source. Creativity (and proactiveness) is the jewel that makes the human race so admirable to ET races. The human race isn’t the lowest of the low by any means, though it’s temporarily “fallen” into somewhat “low” territory. But that just forces every human being to learn to be more resourceful, or mini-creative, from a very early age on.

You can also develop your intuition by making guesses in advance about what’s going to happen in your day to day life, then checking how accurate your advance predictions were. But it does need to be guesses about things that you can get accurate feedback about from reality, and preferably the same day or quite soon.

I know of few things that can be as fascinating and fulfilling and pleasurable as exercising and exploring and developing your intuition. You can of course learn to integrate that into all your relationships as well. It’s not so hard, at that point, to know how to create an uplifting day for the people around you.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 16th June 2013 at 07:13.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Andrew (16th June 2013), animovado (16th June 2013), AwakeInADream (16th June 2013), Eram (16th June 2013), Finefeather (18th June 2013), Freed Fox (16th June 2013), Ikarusion (16th December 2014), Joe Akulis (17th June 2013), Kraut (16th June 2013), soleil (18th June 2013)

39. Link to Post #960
    Thanks

Developing your intuition is absolutely vital. It’s also quite natural. The only problem is, through the education system our civilization and society has conditioned us to use the rational, analytic mind to determine what’s true or what’s best in a supposedly accurate way. I believe this wasn’t primarily for the purposes of dumbing us down, but because using the rational mind is indeed the most effective way to handle the physical world.

However, learning to be “at one” with anything or anyone is a higher skill. It’s more useful and brings us more truth and reality in any world higher than the physical. It’s such a natural skill I really only need to suggest that you learn to do it by practicing it daily – though by starting off small, for short periods. And of course, you’ll make better progress – certainly in the long run – if you ground and psychically protect yourself first.

Your intuition is vital because it’s a type of knowing where the knower and the known are one – temporarily, while you’re using the intuition. It means seeing everything and everyone from “the inside”. (Of course, getting good accuracy takes practice.)

Intuition takes you right into your Higher Mind. Indeed, it is the magic carpet that will eventually take you (possibly lifetimes from now) from Higher Self to Source itself, and even to life in union with Source. I’ve sure let the cat out of the bag with this one!

This is why you need to nourish your intuition every day. It’s your lifeline. It’s your savior – because ultimately only the real you can save yourself. When fully developed, it is the one and only “magic” key to the highest possible knowledge. When developed sufficiently, you can use it to know everything. One warning, though. It sees everything wholistically, which means it’s not strong on details. When you get into sufficiently higher realms, details don’t exist anyway. But this does mean that only someone with extraordinarily well-developed intuition will be able to use it to win a lottery. (And they probably won’t because their intuition will loudly tell them it’s unethical.)

We’ve now heard about quite a few of your dreams, and we’ve all learnt from them. Now, I’d love to hear about your adventures with intuition, however small – your discoveries, your failures, your strange perceptions, e.g. of higher realities, why or how you find intuition is helping to liberate you, how it bypasses the ego, anything like that. Or just your failures to “lift off” in using it, too.

When someone claims to seriously love or be in love with another person, quite often a large part of what they’re ultimately doing is managing to usually be “at one” with that person. No doubt there are also loftier meanings to “love”, but once you become fluent at being “at one” with others you will indeed literally love all people – though some more easily than others. And love is the key to deep understanding of another person, also.

I should add that no-one will get there overnight. And maybe no-one reading this who hasn’t already at least contacted Source will do so – unless, perhaps, they put in and really work at it. And you still need to do the therapeutic / self-enquiry work and dissolve that ego, mostly as a separate activity to this. (Although psychotherapy, including self-psychotherapy, works far better if the intuition is very actively used, though in combination with at least some analysis.) I’ve met some extraordinary clairvoyants who still carried huge emotional wounds – and they suffered all the more because intuition is a form of knowing and so they knew their wounds in more ways than an ordinary person.

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Andrew (16th June 2013), animovado (16th June 2013), AwakeInADream (16th June 2013), Eram (16th June 2013), Finefeather (18th June 2013), Freed Fox (16th June 2013), Ikarusion (17th December 2014), Joe Akulis (17th June 2013), Kraut (16th June 2013), soleil (18th June 2013), wegge (22nd April 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 148 FirstFirst 1 38 48 58 98 148 LastLast