+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst 1 4 44 54 64 104 148 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2953

Thread: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

1. Link to Post #1061
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Default Re: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

Most of the time, in this thread at present, I’m only interested in talking in terms of what people are directly experiencing, and their or my best understanding of what they’re experiencing, or may be experiencing. If someone wants to dismiss people’s direct experience, including my own, then I guess I don’t have any common ground with them. In which case there’s no point “debating” or whatever.

Direct experience, combined with some reflection on it, is king, as far as I’m concerned.

However, I guess readers would like me to explain why, for example, all physicists know that the assumption that reality is made out of such things as “objects” is unworkable, unless you replace “objects” with “quantum objects”. An example of a “quantum object” is any electron, and indeed any “particle” from subatomic physics that’s as small as an electron, or smaller. The trouble is, for example, that if you ask what the location is of any electron at all, the answer is that every electron is in fact a probability field that extends throughout the entire physical universe. Strictly speaking, to call it a “particle” is only a metaphor, because it is in fact a field that is fully as large as the universe. Gary Zukav explains all this, and some other such problems with the notion of “particles” or “objects”, in his book The Dancing Wu-Li Masters, in very simple language. I’ve already referred readers of this thread to that book a few times. So you should already know that the whole concept of “object” or “particle” is, strictly speaking, inadequate for explaining physical reality.

Hence, science proves that reality ultimately isn’t made of objects, at all. Another interesting point here is that, as Zukav also explains, the concepts regarding reality underlying quantum physics are very similar to, and close to identical to, those used by Taoism. But Taoism’s concepts were developed to describe what meditation revealed reality ultimately seemed to be like.

If somebody starts off by assuming that reality is made out of objects, that’s just an assumption. From my postgraduate, professional background in philosophy I’m quite aware – as are professional philosophers generally -- that assuming that reality is made out of objects has much less effective explanatory value than assuming that reality is made out of something quite different. It’s not only in physics that such a metaphysics [i.e., such a choice of what to count as the most basic building blocks of existence] is hugely flawed and too narrow.

If you suppose that everything that’s ultimately real is an object, notice that what makes an object an object is that it’s closed off from every other object. You can’t even say that any relationship or connection or interaction is real, unless you say that it’s purely an object too, and therefore closed off too. The kind of picture of the world this inescapably leads to is a place where any coming together is, ultimately, accidental. It sets up an essential, existential state of competition between any two objects, not to mention individual people. It’s a world whose essence is alienation, anomie. Such a picture of the world is indeed what physics and science used to be based on, until quantum physics came on the scene. A significant part of the dumbing down program was to “sell” exactly such a view of reality as “the” reality – where each individual object, and hence person, is vastly powerless, in their very essence unavoidably alienated, and where entropy and randomness are the rule that governs the flow of their interactions and of most of the events around them.

I can’t really explain to you in non-technical philosophical terms why seeing the world as being made ultimately out of objects is a gigantically narrow view, compared to the alternatives. But for starters, because it’s so much narrower, it has no option other than to deny the existence of any phenomena or any reality that fails to fit into its narrow straitjacket. For example, in physics it would require the denial of all quantum phenomena. “Unfortunately”, physicists can’t do that, because it would involve denying the existence of all subatomic reality. So they’re forced to try to accommodate, or pretend to accommodate, a non-object-based metaphysics which they call “quantum theory”.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (4th July 2013), AwakeInADream (4th July 2013), Eram (6th July 2013), Freed Fox (4th July 2013), Ikarusion (8th January 2015), Libico (16th December 2013), Reinhard (5th July 2013), Shamz (4th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013)

3. Link to Post #1062
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)
    Who or what is this 'Source' you talk of
    Assuming that your 49 levels do include all there is, Source would be a name for the highest levels, presumably levels 1 to 7.

It’s not a matter of explaining Source, but of experiencing/being it.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (5th July 2013), Eram (6th July 2013), Freed Fox (5th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Reinhard (10th July 2013), Shamz (5th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013)

5. Link to Post #1063
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks

It's part of the fascinating mystery tour to see comments on what's down the rabbit hole from people who have yet to enter it. Nothing wrong with that. It simply lets us know where people are on their own path. One of the many splendid things about Truth is the total absence of any need to defend it. In other words, where there is a defensive posture, we know we are dealing with thoughts, opinions and beliefs. Let go. Awake from the dream. Be in this world of form but not of it.

Keep it up TH; you are doing a fine job of describing experience which is ultimately ineffable.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GarethBKK For This Post:

animovado (5th July 2013), AwakeInADream (5th July 2013), Eram (6th July 2013), Freed Fox (5th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Orph (13th July 2013), Shamz (5th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013), TraineeHuman (29th July 2014)

7. Link to Post #1064
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)
    Who or what is this 'Source' you talk of

It’s not a matter of explaining Source, but of experiencing/being it.
    Assuming that your 49 levels do include all there is, Source would be a name for the highest levels, presumably levels 1 to 7.
    Source (metaphorically) is the square root of a negative number.

"It" then moves through zero.

Then "it" becomes 3 by which 1 and 2 are created.

Only then is the next step for "Source" 7.

Unfortunately, this is only realized when one has tasted level 51... but if I could do it, so can anyone.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Eram (6th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #1065
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GarethBKK (here)

Keep it up TH; you are doing a fine job of describing experience which is ultimately ineffable.
    Exactly. I expect people to penetrate to the meaning that lies deeper, beyond the concepts.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (7th July 2013), AwakeInADream (5th July 2013), Chester (5th July 2013), Eram (6th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Reinhard (6th July 2013), Shamz (5th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013)

11. Link to Post #1066
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 times in 540 posts

Hi All!

Here's a great meditation taken from "Living in the Heart" by Drunvalo Melchizedek, called "The Unity Breath" and given to Drunvalo by Sri Yukteswar in a vision. It may help in terms of being at one with things (on a very large scale).

Quote The Unity Breath.

"You can be anywhere, but for me, I use an altar with a single candle
    to focus my mental attention. I feel and know the presence of my teachers,
    and we all begin to breathe together, as one."
    Quote Unify with the Divine Mother:

"Let your attention shift to a place on Earth that you feel is the most
    beautiful place in the world. It could be anywhere—a mountain scene with
    trees, lakes and rivers; or an arid, sandy desert with almost no life—whatever
    you perceive as beautiful. See as much detail as you can.

"For example, if your place is a mountain scene, see the mountains and
    the white, billowing clouds. See and sense the forest and the trees moving
    with the wind. See the animals—the deer and elk, little rabbits and squirrels.
    Look down and see the clear water of the rivers. Begin to feel love for
    this place and for all of nature. Continue to grow into this space of love
    with nature until your heart is beating with the warmth of your love."

"When the time feels right, send your love to the center of the Earth
    using your intention so that Mother Earth can directly feel the love you
    have for her. You can place your love into a small sphere to contain it and
    send it to the Mother if you wish, but it is your intention that is so important.
    Then wait, as a child. Wait until Mother Earth sends her love back
    to you and you can feel it. You are her child, and I know she loves you.

"As your Mother's love enters your body, open completely, allowing this
    love to move anywhere throughout your body. Let it enter all of your cells.
    Let it move throughout your lightbody. Let it move wherever it wishes to
    move. Feel this beautiful love your Mother has surrounded you with and
    remain in this union with Mother Earth until it feels complete."
    Quote Unify with the Divine Father:

"At the right moment, which only you can know, without breaking the
    love union with your Mother, look to your Father, to your Heavenly Father.
    Look to the rest of creation beyond the Earth. Place your attention on a
    night sky. See the Milky Way as it meanders across the heavens. Watch the
    planets and the Moon swirl around you and the Earth. Feel the Sun hidden
    beneath the Earth. Realize the incredible depth of space."

"Feel the love you have for the Father, for the Divine Father is the spirit
    of all of creation, except the Divine Mother. And when this love becomes so
    great that it just can't stay inside you any longer, let it move into the heavens
    with your intention. Again, you can send your love into the heavens
    inside a small sphere, if you wish."

"Once your love has been sent into the
    heavens to the Divine Father, again you wait; you wait for the Father to
    send his love back to you. And of course, he will always do so. You are his
    child forever, and the Divine Father will always, always love you. And just
    like with the Mother's love, when you feel the love of the Divine Father
    enter your being, let it move anywhere it wants to. It is your Father's love,
    and it is pure."
    Quote The Holy Trinity Is Alive:

"At this moment something that rarely happens is manifesting: the
    Holy Trinity is alive on Earth. The Divine Mother and the Divine Father
    are joined with you in pure love and you, the Divine Child, complete
    the Mangle."
    Drunvalo said that from this state you can know (and become one with) God/Source directly by opening your heart.

I believe that I stumbled upon this 'Holy Trinity' state of consciousness myself a few years back when I was able to have an experience of Source, although I've never been able to repeat it in quite the same way since. I think I will keep trying with this meditation for a while though. I'm getting very fond of expanding my awareness out into the cosmos.

EDIT: Hi FreedFox! I think this meditation might be good for you also, because it may be relevant to the meaning of your dream, in which I think the tornadoes were symbolic of 'Bridging Heaven and Earth'. Since you have already experienced Mother Earth profoundly, perhaps you need to reach out also to Father Universe?(for balance) Possibly symbolized in your dream by the man in the clouds?
    Last edited by AwakeInADream; 5th July 2013 at 23:51.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Eram (6th July 2013), Freed Fox (6th July 2013), Ikarusion (8th January 2015), Libico (16th December 2013), lookbeyond (9th July 2013), Orph (13th July 2013), Reinhard (10th July 2013), Shamz (5th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013), TraineeHuman (6th July 2013)

13. Link to Post #1067
    Thanks

There’s an important reason why I’d like everyone to keep doing the exercise of being at one with things and situations and people. Basically, it’s because the exercise will keep breaking the “spell” our conditioning has put us in that we know all about reality already. And that what we don’t know isn’t really worth knowing about anyway.

This exercise keeps plunging you into the unknown – into the Now moment, if you like.

It will take away the security you thought you needed – but that’s the point. This really is a different way of knowing – knowing from “the inside”. Because it’s different, it keeps plunging us into unknowing, which we may secretly find shocking but we need to keep doing. It’s a more dynamic and honest way of knowing – and of being constantly reminded of how hugely much we don’t know.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (7th July 2013), AwakeInADream (6th July 2013), Eram (6th July 2013), Freed Fox (6th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Reinhard (7th July 2013), Shamz (7th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013)

15. Link to Post #1068
    Thanks

You can’t learn anything new – “in” or “out of” the physical body – unless you keep on letting go, it seems to me. And what’s the thing you need to let go of? Pretty much, it’s whatever version of reality you consider you know – including your beliefs.

The one thing you don’t let go of is letting go, itself. Plus whatever it is that automatically comes with letting go.

One thing you’ll eventually notice, if you do keep on letting go, is that you’re not separate, at all, from everybody else and everything else.

There are actually a number of different means by which you can come to notice this. You can do it through proper meditation, or rigorous self-watching and self-enquiry. Or letting go of the entire matrix and all your conditioning, as far as you can.

But the exercise of being at one with is yet another way to do this. That’s why I’ve been posting on this subject for many days now. Another way to describe the exercise of being at one with is to say, just simply experience directly – as far as you can – that you are the same as everyone and everything else. Just keep doing that.

You may object that you can’t do it. But I’d like to suggest you can. I suggest it’s simply a matter of being willing. Willing to look at things in that way. Pardon the cliché, but I suggest it’s as simple as taking the red pill and not the blue one. Or like being willing to turn left instead of right. Just do it.

Ray claims he has directly experienced that any level of reality that there is contains space, and matter. I can’t really argue with anyone’s genuine direct experience. But, unfortunately, I do find his statement puzzling, because the experience of being identical with everyone and everything else is an experience of no space. It’s an experience of space not even existing “between’ you and anything “other” – to the extent that you fully are in that experience.

The most vivid and real experiences I have had in my life, and continue to have, involve such an absence of space completely.

To me, such an absence of space, of any ultimate separation, is the beginning and basis of rationality, and of what I assume Ray would want to call “objectivity”.

As far as I understand, the whole problem of the ego and indeed of irrationality and lack of full “objectivity” comes down ultimately to the mind’s/ego’s artificial creation of space, between oneself and anything or anyone that’s “other”.

That’s why I’m recommending that people try the flipside of that, as a daily exercise. Let’s celebrate the sameness of everyone and everything. Be open to it. It’s fun. Not only that … well, I’ll leave it up to you all to discover how rewarding it can be as well. Yes, it’s also a kind of death, a psychological death. So you were looking for a rabbit hole to liberation? Try this out.

Of course, words on their own are incomplete. They’re just words. They can always be misinterpreted, or otherwise found inadequate. You have to have the insight/inspiration, the experience, that cuts much deeper than words.

Two final points. If you are going beyond all space, then I suggest you’re also going beyond time – or certainly beyond the kind of physical time we (think we) know. So, maybe being at one isn’t some technique, that you gradually learn over time. Maybe it’s there straight away, directly. Maybe it’s timeless. Still, it may take time for you to learn to remove whatever you may believe could be inhibiting you from doing the exercise fully, perhaps.

Secondly, if you can, try learning to stay with the experience of non-separation throughout the entire day. Of course you have a separate body and so on, but if you can, keep an awareness of non-separation within your consciousness.

The part of you that isn’t separate is what the Higher Mind is, as far as I understand.

Can you go more towards “identifying” with that non-separation, and less with your own particular “identity”?

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (7th July 2013), AwakeInADream (7th July 2013), Eram (7th July 2013), Freed Fox (7th July 2013), Joe Akulis (9th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Reinhard (7th July 2013), Shamz (8th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013)

17. Link to Post #1069
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

I'll share a few things here regarding 'being at one' which I've experienced recently, in trying to consciously elicit the feeling...

I was in my yard yesterday morning, and across the street from my house there is a water tower where ranchers often fill large tanks to take out to their cattle. Well, there was a man over there, filling his water tank. He was standing in place and facing the away from where I was, and had been for several minutes. So I singled him out and attempted being at one with him. No more than about 20 seconds passed before he (seemingly for no reason) walked to his pickup and out of view. I might have felt kind of creepy actually, staring at him like that ( :lol ), except I'm positive he could not have seen me from where he was.

Later that evening, I was sitting in a small room and noticed that there were two house flies in there with me. I decided to try to be 'at one' with them, one at a time. I guess this decision came in part from the fact that these are creatures which I used to really look down on as nothing more than pests. At any rate, when I made that decision they were both pretty stationary, not buzzing all around as they often times do. As a novice, I decided to just try one at a time. Well, this produced a phenomenon which I'm quite certain wasn't coincidental (certain, because I remained there for about half an hour, alternating back and forth, and observing the effect over and over again with perfect consistency).

From where I was sitting, if I was watching one fly, I could see the other in my peripheral view. As I mentioned, both seemed to be quite still. However, when I focused my attention upon one, within a matter of seconds it would start flying around in their haphazard way. I would stick with it for a few moments at least, until all the movement became distracting or hard to follow. During this time, the other fly would have been still for the entire duration, until I turn my attention toward it, that is. At that point I would observe the same kind of behavior. Back and forth, like clockwork, eliciting movement from the fly after no more than 5 or 6 seconds probably, at most. This is despite the fact that I made no motion or noise myself the entire time, and the flies should have had no indication that I was watching one or the other. I thought about the 'sense of being stared at', and wondered if this wasn't the same, or a similar mechanism. At the very least it seemed that focusing my awareness upon one of them somehow energized them, or made them nervous maybe?

Not sure if I should pay any mind at all to the above, but for as long as I repeated this 'experiment', the results seemed pretty obvious.

Now, last night I had a dream which struck me as incredibly profound. Unlike most such dreams, my memory of it is lacking in many details. However - and also unlike other dreams - this didn't strike me as a symbolic projection, or a message/lesson in the form of fantasy. Somehow, it struck me as something incredibly important, but I'm not sure exactly what it means...

-------

I was perhaps in my forties or fifties, helping two other people fix this large machine. The machine is hard to describe... It was very long, and had perhaps five or six metal surfaces coming out from around the center, such that it might look a little like a fan if facing it from one of the far ends. The thing was turning, a bit like a fan but slower, and for whatever reason we had to fix it while in motion. (If I were more mechanically inclined, I'm sure I could better describe it...)

I was tasked by one of the other two to tighten a couple of screws, but because of the constant motion of the thing I wasn't able to do so, at all. I got somewhat frustrated, but became more apologetic than anything, describing difficulties in my life which were making it hard for me to focus at the time. At that point, one of the other two (a man with a short, dark beard), said something about desire and when he did, things became very intense.

Now, I truly wish I could remember all that was said... He spoke shortly before the following quote, and then a little more after it. However, what I can remember is the following;

"There shall be no greater enemy of man than desire. For even if he is desired..."

(I really felt that the rest of what he said was important, but alas...)

Basically as soon as he started talking, I broke down into tears. There was a powerful sadness, or perhaps regret, or maybe even a strange elation in the fact that in that moment I realized that nothing in my life was anything which I desired. Now, this is a bit strange because I wasn't exactly myself in this dream. It is rather rare that I appear older than I really am in a dream, but moreover my 'life' upon which I was reflecting therein was not the life I currently live. It could, however, be analogous in some ways...

As I wept, almost uncontrollably, something incredible started to happen. Around me there was a light, which was changing. It was very much as if the sun was rapidly rising through a window nearby, flooding the interior in its glow. Even more profound was that it was not only light which was dawning upon the scene, but somehow everything was changing, transforming. What had been one large room before became a cluster of connected rooms, opened to one another. A nearby wall, for instance, turned from a beige color to a shade of dark blue. Somehow as these things changed, they seemed to become more real somehow. I saw the third person, who had also changed and was curled up on the floor and crying (but from what specific emotion, I do not know). It dawned on me in that moment, somehow, this was the Holy Trinity and I was gazing upon the Holy Ghost.

I felt tinges of lucidity creeping into my dream consciousness at this point, but did not become fully lucid. Instead, upon making the 'Trinity' connection, something else started happening, and very fast. This part is brief, but very hard to describe. I started to become one with the Holy Ghost (and, I presume the other part of the Trinity, although I did not see it). The way this started happening, was that we both arose and ended up in the lotus position, and started floating toward one another in exactly the manner that Itzhak Bentov illustrated (the illustration shown toward the end of his video in this thread). As we drew closer to becoming one, the light and transformation intensified, and suddenly I heard a man screaming somewhere. The scream too increased in intensity and actually forced me awake (just before we were truly about to merge).

-------

I did not record this dream. Instead I laid in bed, staring into the darkness, while my mind actually reeled somewhat from the experience. I would not regard it as a nightmare, of course, but on some deep level I was shaken, and left in awe.
    Last edited by Freed Fox; 7th July 2013 at 18:19.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

animovado (7th July 2013), AwakeInADream (7th July 2013), Eram (7th July 2013), Ikarusion (8th January 2015), Libico (16th December 2013), Orph (13th July 2013), Reinhard (7th July 2013), RMorgan (7th July 2013), Shamz (8th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013), TraineeHuman (8th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #1070
    Thanks

Oh, and also thank you AwakeinADream for the thought/consideration above. I may very well try that (particularly in light of last night's dream), though to be honest I have never been very comfortable with guided/focused meditations in the past (for whatever reason)...

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

animovado (8th July 2013), AwakeInADream (7th July 2013), Eram (7th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Shamz (8th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013), TraineeHuman (8th July 2013)

21. Link to Post #1071
    Thanks

Hi FreedFox! WOW! What an amazing dream/experience you had! I've had similar myself, where I wake up disappointed because I think I've forgotten something very valuable and important that has been transmitted to me. What I've come to realize is, that this information is never really lost. It remains within and gradually filters through until it transforms your world in a very real way (perhaps even so gradually that you may not even notice at first). It's like you've downloaded something which you can later read at your leisure. I think your dream was both a breakthrough and a blessing.

P.S. You don't have to see the Drunvalo thing as a guided meditation, just try it like you did with the flies, in your own way. Be at one with the Earth, then at one with the Universe, with love, and that's it. I was doing this naturally anyway before I read this meditation as an extension of the 'feeling the aliveness' exercise.

P.P.S Drunvalo also said in the book I quoted that you can access and send love to the Universe through the center of our Sun, since it is connected to all the Sun's in the Universe. Being at one with the Sun is also quite an experience to have.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

animovado (8th July 2013), Eram (8th July 2013), Freed Fox (7th July 2013), Jake (8th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), lookbeyond (9th July 2013), Shamz (8th July 2013), soleil (8th July 2013), TraineeHuman (8th July 2013)

23. Link to Post #1072
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Freed Fox (here)
    last night I had a dream which struck me as incredibly profound. Unlike most such dreams, my memory of it is lacking in many details. However - and also unlike other dreams - this didn't strike me as a symbolic projection, or a message/lesson in the form of fantasy. Somehow, it struck me as something incredibly important, but I'm not sure exactly what it means...

-------

I was tasked by one of the other two to tighten a couple of screws, but because of the constant motion of the thing I wasn't able to do so, at all. I got somewhat frustrated, but became more apologetic than anything, describing difficulties in my life which were making it hard for me to focus at the time.
    I haven’t mentioned this before, but I’m pretty sure I was present at/in some of the lucid dreams/journeys that have been described at some points in this thread – including this lucid dream. It’s been quite amusing to me to have read what I believed were a couple of descriptions of myself or some of my OB friends.

I did experience some of the extremely strong sadness you felt – which seemed to me to be sadness combined with the gigantic nausea that comes as part of the (physical) birth trauma. Good! You can handle – and therefore break free of – extremely strong energies, extremely strong emotions.

If I may say so, I’m pretty sure the reason you don’t remember everything is that there was so much there that was painful to bear. But my impression was that you did break through it, after all.

Quote At that point, one of the other two (a man with a short, dark beard), said something about desire and when he did, things became very intense.

Now, I truly wish I could remember all that was said... He spoke shortly before the following quote, and then a little more after it. However, what I can remember is the following;

"There shall be no greater enemy of man than desire. For even if he is desired..."

(I really felt that the rest of what he said was important, but alas...)

Basically as soon as he started talking, I broke down into tears. There was a powerful sadness, or perhaps regret, or maybe even a strange elation in the fact that in that moment I realized that nothing in my life was anything which I desired.
    Guess what? I believe some OB friends or guides of mine were present too. What that friend of mine said to you about desire being the whole root of unhappiness has been a big theme in my own experience, actually. About two or three years ago I somehow eventually decided that if I dropped all wanting – in the sense of desire or expectation --, then I’d be pretty much free of unhappiness. And it worked. And it’s lasted from then till now. I made some posts about it back then.

That friend of mine who was speaking in antiquated English may very well have acted as my OB teacher and guided me to that realization. I don’t know for certain.

Mind you, there are many other “paths” to freedom from unhappiness. (Well, they’re “pathless paths” because the ego or the mind can’t be what travels down them.) For instance, another path is to stop creating a self-image that gets hurt, or can get hurt. Such a “me’ is artificial anyway, it’s not really you but something constructed by your mind or ego. Some people mistakenly believe that ultimate liberation means necessarily disappearing altogether as you merge into everythingness. No! It just means to stop creating images of “me” through your mind and mistaking them for who/what you really are – which is ultimately beyond all images.

I'll post some further comments about this extraordinary lucid dream tomorrow.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (8th July 2013), AwakeInADream (8th July 2013), Eram (8th July 2013), Freed Fox (8th July 2013), Ikarusion (8th January 2015), Libico (16th December 2013), Orph (13th July 2013), Reinhard (8th July 2013), Shamz (8th July 2013)

25. Link to Post #1073
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

hi all, i must say i am glad that i was on holiday last week, and missed all the drama.
    ya it was drama.

i'm also not offended. however, i do LOVE that we (or as i thought) were openly discussing spirituality such as the HS, philosophy such as reincarnation/past lives, and obe experiences and how to etc.

if some parts of these topics are not going to be openly admitted in this thread, well then that sucks. and its too bad, as potential topics brought out of a persons post that would/could be beneficial to share could/would be discounted, or potentially cause embarrassment of the teacher.

i wont be a stranger here, as i am working to develop myself spiritually, and appreciate the food for thought. IMO textbook teaching can be good. however where are the experiments? and the potential learning of mistakes or successes?
    i'd think the best students are those who find out for themselves. should we not share that here? and if we can, in what capacity? what should not be considered part of the conversation?

perhaps some clarification on the future path of this thread can be established too, so that we can either divvy our attention into possibly 3 threads and leave it up to us to connect the dots....or possibly incorporate posts on topic, in the same thread that is and has been doing amazing? (im referring to this thread)

im really not hating, and im not mad. i really want this thread to work out, and keep continuing. and i'm brilliant 99% of the time.

[edit]
    jake id love to read any thread you may possibly post, that encompass OBE, and ET's. astral travelling, flight school, and maybe trouble shooting. if we dont plan on doing that here, i'd like also take the time to partake in that thread discussion if you do. as well as this one.

--back to topic.
    Last edited by soleil; 8th July 2013 at 17:43.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

animovado (8th July 2013), AwakeInADream (8th July 2013), Eram (8th July 2013), Freed Fox (8th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), lookbeyond (8th July 2013), mr.white (8th July 2013), Orph (13th July 2013), Reinhard (10th July 2013), Shamz (9th July 2013), TraineeHuman (9th July 2013)

27. Link to Post #1074
    Thanks

Basically as soon as he started talking, I broke down into tears. There was a powerful sadness, or perhaps regret, or maybe even a strange elation in the fact that in that moment I realized that nothing in my life was anything which I desired. Now, this is a bit strange because I wasn't exactly myself in this dream. It is rather rare that I appear older than I really am in a dream, but moreover my 'life' upon which I was reflecting therein was not the life I currently live. It could, however, be analogous in some ways...
    I did not record this dream. Instead I laid in bed, staring into the darkness, while my mind actually reeled somewhat from the experience. I would not regard it as a nightmare, of course, but on some deep level I was shaken, and left in awe.
    To heal our psychological scars from the past, it seems to be usually necessary for us to partially re-experience them, in a detached way. One variation is to somehow take a detached look at the likeliest “us” at some future point. Then change ourselves now, so that we won’t be that person. It certainly sounds like this is what you were doing here, Freed Fox.

I’ve done it a few times. However, in many cases it happened when I looked in the mirror and saw the future “me” in, for example 20 years’ time from the date when I looked. I should caution everyone that looking at yourself too intensely in the mirror is a very effective way to go insane, certainly if practiced very much. But this just happened a number of times while I was combing my hair.

I guess that, through energy work, I’ve learnt to kind of automatically see the face a person change to how they looked at one or more younger ages. These ages will be ones where they got stuck in some re-traumatisation that’s still subconsciously repeating over and over and controlling them now. Or, occasionally, it’s a face of them in the future. This kind of seeing of people or oneself in the future or the past is very similar to the “astral sight” discussed much earlier in the thread – the ability to “turn on” one’s vision while astral traveling. Unfortunately, that ability can take a few years to develop.

Anyway, I remember at age 30 and then a few times into my thirties looking at myself at age 50, and at age 60. Initially my hair had gone quite white by 50. I didn’t feel comfortable with that. But it was more – well, the whole (likeliest) timeline that I would be living at 50 and 60. Like you, Freed Fox, I was looking at that timeline and I could swear that person just wasn’t me really. It had to be some unfortunate clone of me!

So I somehow changed myself deeply pronto, to make the timeline better. I did this a number of times over a few years. Each time, my future had much less white hair in it, though of course that was only a superficial indicator. Today, at 63, I have only the tiniest trace of white on my head. Whew.

Looking at, and hence, ideally, dissolving a “picture” of oneself is, I guess, something that one does OB. Or, to be more accurate, in my case I was bilocated while doing it. I was “only” [that’s snigger quotes, folks] partly OB and partly also in my body and able to access my rational intellect if necessary. I could turn the latter on or off as needed.

When one looks very deeply at one’s face from the past or the currently likeliest future in this way, one looks very deeply “inside”. Which means one is doing this through and with and by one’s Higher Mind.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (11th July 2013), AwakeInADream (10th July 2013), Eram (10th July 2013), Freed Fox (10th July 2013), Ikarusion (8th January 2015), Libico (16th December 2013), Reinhard (10th July 2013), Shamz (10th July 2013)

29. Link to Post #1075
    Thanks

As I wept, almost uncontrollably, something incredible started to happen. Around me there was a light, which was changing. It was very much as if the sun was rapidly rising through a window nearby, flooding the interior in its glow. Even more profound was that it was not only light which was dawning upon the scene, but somehow everything was changing, transforming. What had been one large room before became a cluster of connected rooms, opened to one another. A nearby wall, for instance, turned from a beige color to a shade of dark blue. Somehow as these things changed, they seemed to become more real somehow. I saw the third person, who had also changed and was curled up on the floor and crying (but from what specific emotion, I do not know). It dawned on me in that moment, somehow, this was the Holy Trinity and I was gazing upon the Holy Ghost.

I felt tinges of lucidity creeping into my dream consciousness at this point, but did not become fully lucid. Instead, upon making the 'Trinity' connection, something else started happening, and very fast. This part is brief, but very hard to describe. I started to become one with the Holy Ghost (and, I presume the other part of the Trinity, although I did not see it). ... on some deep level I was shaken, and left in awe.
    You appear to have had a genuine experience of tri-unity, or trinity, if you like. Certainly it’s hard to experience the Higher Mind fully without noticing that it seems to have three different “sides” to it. In a sense, you can normally only approach it from one of those “sides” at a time. I don’t right now want to go into the technicalities of what those three aspects might best be called. But if we remember that the Higher Mind has no problem holding many totally contradictory points of view at the same time, for instance, or that it also sees all things as being essentially the same or united, then clearly in some way it’s too expansive to grasp in one hit.

I don’t know if what you mean by saying you merged with “the Holy Ghost” in this dream means you encountered Source, or the divine worlds. But your past encounter with Gaia certainly read like it was along such lines.

Some readers may be skeptical, and suspect that you or I or whoever is being carried away in some kind of fantasy. But on the contrary, I keep finding my jaw dropping when I read material which strongly suggests that some members are continually having deep encounters with reality particularly in their lucid or semi-lucid dreams. I find myself overwhelmed with admiration at how deeply into reality you penetrate in most of your lucid dreams, Freed Fox. Then we have AwakeInADream, who has manifested an ideal job in an incredibly tough jobs marketplace by becoming intensely aware of and working with his Higher Mind. This is real, folks, even if you’re a sceptic. Then we have Eram, who expresses himself in a quieter way but I feel is equally so utterly brave at facing his demons. The more full-on you face them, the shorter the fear lasts and also then the pain. And I suggest you can eventually get virtually beyond both fear and pain too, by penetrating to their root and not buying into it. Then we have teradactyl, who seems to never have a moment’s hesitation about taking the plunge and taking action. That’s what I would call a brave heart. And that’s only the four who have recently been posting the most detail about the personal journeys of growth you are going through. I'm very conscious of how there are and have been a number of others, if not more. I’ve found it inspiring and admirable and have learnt considerably, and I’ve been surprised at how seriously and intensely and efficiently some members are willing to take the most precious issue of achieving huge personal growth. Which I guess everyone should, but I still keep being pleasantly surprised. So many of you guys are genuine heroes where it really counts – which I guess we all should be.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (11th July 2013), AwakeInADream (10th July 2013), Eram (10th July 2013), Freed Fox (10th July 2013), Joe Akulis (12th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Reinhard (10th July 2013), Shamz (10th July 2013), soleil (11th July 2013)

31. Link to Post #1076
    Thanks

When I experienced Source (I must be 2 or 3 years by now, and I called it 'The Mind of God' back then), I also was aware that it was Tri-une in nature (and I wasn't coming from a religious perspective). So it amazes me to find that others are independently finding this same 'Trinity' concept (I like the word Tri-Unity TH!) to be real and tangible by direct experience. It was quite a joy for me to read FreedFox's account of the Trinity. It made my head tingle.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Eram (13th July 2013), Freed Fox (11th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Shamz (12th July 2013), soleil (11th July 2013), TraineeHuman (11th July 2013)

33. Link to Post #1077
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

aw TH. thanks for your feedback on our path's, from your observation.
    if i may add some new experiences, here goes:
    two days ago i was in the shower and decided to shower meditate. i never have 'time' so i do it when im walking or doing mindless things. anyways i did the 12d shield as i like that one, it connects me to gaia and then to my HS (who i started calling grace). i silently prayed to gaia and sent my love to her.

allow me to stop here, to explain that this meditation is so new to me. i dont normally pray for things that i want or need, as i feel i can manifest them myself. anyways i decided to pray for gaia.

instantly i felt SO incredibly sad. happy in a light hopeful way, but essentially pretty sad. i cried in there to release some charge for gaia.

again, normally i also dont cry - but im letting go to let go of charge.

then i did some blank meditations, and i instantly saw some intense circles, one after the other after the other moving away from me. i tried to go through them, but they were moving away from me faster than i could move to them. they were orange, with a black center. i decided to discontinue as i was standing in there, and afraid to fall and hit my head.

now to last night, i did a prayer to the universe... i prayed for brazil, syria, egypt and turkey, i prayed for the people, and the land, and their wellbeing, their freedom, their peace.
    i know there are more countries that need prayers. these countries were in my thoughts of where we can start seeing peaceful revolutions.
    this is what im doing at the moment. good vibes to all!

[edit] oh and a small update, that might be my biggest feat. i forgave my mom.
    shes been watching my dd this week, and being quite restrained in her "is-ness".
    im going to work to not cause a communication break here, and still assert my self, in a calm way. her worries do not worry me etc and so far so good.
    Last edited by soleil; 11th July 2013 at 19:48.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to soleil For This Post:

animovado (12th July 2013), AwakeInADream (11th July 2013), Eram (13th July 2013), Freed Fox (11th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), lookbeyond (13th July 2013), Orph (13th July 2013), Reinhard (13th July 2013), Shamz (12th July 2013), TraineeHuman (11th July 2013)

35. Link to Post #1078
    Thanks

Thank you TH, and everyone. I'm still kind of blown away, and busy processing it all...
    Between Awake's dream job and teradactyl's working reconciliation with her mother, I feel it's safe to say good things are happening!

Much love everyone.
    Last edited by Freed Fox; 12th July 2013 at 22:58.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

animovado (12th July 2013), AwakeInADream (12th July 2013), Eram (13th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Orph (13th July 2013), Reinhard (13th July 2013), Shamz (13th July 2013), soleil (16th July 2013), TraineeHuman (13th July 2013)

37. Link to Post #1079
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AwakeInADream (here)
    When I experienced Source (I must be 2 or 3 years by now, and I called it 'The Mind of God' back then), I also was aware that it was Tri-une in nature (and I wasn't coming from a religious perspective). So it amazes me to find that others are independently finding this same 'Trinity' concept (I like the word Tri-Unity TH!) to be real and tangible by direct experience. It was quite a joy for me to read FreedFox's account of the Trinity. It made my head tingle.
    Although the higher Mind seems to be tri-une, it isn’t clear to me that Source is. I’ll briefly describe one of the three aspects of Higher Mind in my next post. I don't doubt that you had a genuine experience of Source, Awake. But normally we first need to master the Higher Mind. One of the most common things the ego does when it feels its existence is partly threatened is as follows. It effectively retreats to your solar plexus area, your belly, where we have the greatest concentration of nerves in the body, and can therefore feel emotion the most intensely. There it seeks to create physical pain and a feeling of unhappiness, in a bid to make us feel overcome with misery. Quite often it will even concentrate that painful and hurt energy into a round ball there. If you don’t succumb, I’ve found that seems to literally dissolve a small part of the ego. When people talk of wanting to access Source directly, I think to myself: how many decades have you spent dissolving the ego as it takes a “back against the wall” stand in your belly? The trouble is, if you want to unleash access to extraordinary abilities and power, are you ready to use it responsibly and safely?

I have my own theory regarding what Horus and Lucifer and other such nasty beings are. In this thread and other threads in the past I’ve talked about how, after we die, eventually we discard our (emotional, and mental) astral “bodies” or “envelopes” eventually. Ideally, we discard them at the time of physical death. But these two “bodies” are togerther a complex electromagnetic field made out of all the thoughts (electric impulses) and emotions (magnetizations) we had during our lives. That field certainly isn’t “the soul” in the sense of the Higher Mind. But it lives on for centuries, or even for a few millennia, and believes it’s the real you. It contains all the emotions and conceptual ideas you had or knew, and it has a significant level of awareness and intelligence, even though it’s soulless, and therefore in effect a type of robot Nature has created with your help.

I’ve observed how shortly after physical death a person discards at least their attachments to many negative or more petty features of that electromagnetic field. This means they do realize that they aren’t the same as it. However, it’s common for many people to continue to feel attached to some features of that field after their death, even though it breaks free of them energetically.

Now consider what happens after the greatest of the benevolent Gods has completed a physical incarnation. That great being’s discarded personality lives on, but it’s stuck in the astral world. It thinks it knows that it’s still the greatest of all. (Doesn’t Lucifer claim that, I believe?) Being extraordinarily intelligence, after a while it determines that it’s not immortal after all, as it had supposed. Not only that, but for centuries it notices that it can’t change in a positive sense. It’s just stuck in a kind of fixed identity, even though it has many memories of having been a supreme master at not getting caught in any identity. The problem eventually becomes, how can it continue to recharge itself with life force, in the hope of maybe even cobbling together eternal existence for itself. Is this where child sacrifices, and other incredibly bizarre uses of life energy or sex energy come from?

It’s also the case that after each of us dies our personality’s field continues in a similar way. Eventually it starts to disintegrate and get corrupted, probably centuries later. Is that corrupt form the same thing as what we know as demonic beings, I wonder? My understanding is that the benevolent Gods found a way three or four thousand years ago to put all such demonic beings into a kind of prison in the astral world. And that since then, a living human could only interact with them through practicing black magic or through taking drugs. Anyway, that’s my theory on how there can be such a thing as negative so-called divine beings.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (13th July 2013), AwakeInADream (13th July 2013), Eram (13th July 2013), Freed Fox (13th July 2013), GoingOn (13th July 2013), HaulinBananas (13th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Orph (13th July 2013), Reinhard (13th July 2013), Shamz (14th July 2013), soleil (16th July 2013)

39. Link to Post #1080
    Thanks

One of the three faces of the Higher Mind can be described in various ways, and it would take lengthy discussion to begin to cover the topic in a fully balanced way. One way to describe one of the faces is to say that it involves the use of intention.

This, of course, is closely linked to topics such as timelines and manifestation and free will/ determinism, for instance. I don’t know if Awake knows/remembers fully what his Higher Mind really did – as distinct, perhaps, from what he may currently believe he did? – to manifest a wonderful job. Maybe he does indeed understand and thoroughly remember it all in great detail -- which would be great to hear. But I’m certainly interested in shining the spotlight on the whole subject of the “descension” of intention – of bringing it into the physical world and having an impact and an ongoing life there.

The Higher Mind isn’t a mind in the sense of something like our ordinary intellect. But it does utilize ways of knowing or understanding. These ways are obviously different, then, from how people in our society are supposed to “normally” operate.

I suggest the “normal” way is to be a kind of puppet of your thoughts and feelings, though also to control your thoughts and feelings to some degree. Even then, unfortunately, you probably remain a puppet of your controlled thoughts and feelings. And your thoughts (if they are truly “yours”) are what ultimately controls and carries out your choices – unless you have something higher that can make thoughts and the mind its servant.

I guess I see almost any kind of knowing that’s different from the “normal” kingdom of your thoughts as some type of “knowing from the inside”. I guess to me that expression is virtually interchangeable with “being at one with”. The important thing is to find ways to awaken it in yourself, which you do by practice, by doing. Certainly, intention is one example of such a thing that you can learn to keep “switching on” and practicing. I once learnt that I can be an effective public speaker purely by using intention – by creating a kind of telepathic field of intention and including every member of my audience in it.
    Into that field I can place thoughts such as that I’m a great public speaker – and then people swallow it, or maybe it’s that I swallow it too and I take advantage of my having telepathically softened up the audience in advance. So, can you folks go out there and practice simply holding a single thought steady and strong, and kind of putting into others’ heads in a way that doesn’t interfere with them in any harmful way?

This brings me to another way to describe this face of the Higher Mind. Ray has written about “Causal” consciousness, and scientology (probably borrowing from Hinduism, ultimately) talks of the desirability of being “at cause” in a situation. I consider the word “cause” is a little misleading here. Certainly this face of the Higher Mind is concerned with being the opposite of a victim or of a passive sufferer. But there are two problems I have with that word. Firstly, it isn’t true that the universe is governed by a universal law of cause and effect. Let me explain why. Let’s say you have a pet dog whom you rarely see standing still. In that case, whenever your dog comes towards you you’ll (almost) always see your dog’s head before its tail. You’ll see the head always being followed by the tail. Someone might say that the head apparently “causes” the tail in that situation. But of course it doesn’t. Even though, in that situation, the head appears first and it’s invariably followed by the appearance of the tail. So, we see that it’s more accurate to say that the head and the tail are in some kind of close interrelationship or interconnection – and not that one is the cause of the other.

My second problem with the word “cause” is that you can’t be truly “at cause” unless at that moment you have a complete and thorough understanding of all the “effects” your actions are likely to have. What’s desirable is not blind dominance but pro-active contribution to your environment, hopefully improving it in some way.

There are other words too. I guess “will” is one of them. Again, it’s not a matter of coming from effort or ignorance.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 13th July 2013 at 08:35.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

animovado (13th July 2013), AwakeInADream (13th July 2013), Eram (13th July 2013), Freed Fox (14th July 2013), Libico (16th December 2013), Orph (13th July 2013), Reinhard (13th July 2013), Shamz (14th July 2013), soleil (16th July 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst 1 4 44 54 64 104 148 LastLast