+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst 1 7 17 57 107 148 LastLast

Thread: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 times in 540 posts

Default Re: The Higher Self and transcendent experience, including OBEs

You mentioned that smoking weed puts you into the lower astral without protection,
    and this makes sense to me because many years ago I had a bad experience smoking weed
    that to a degree has stayed with me to this day.
    (occasional panic attacks and unpleasant nervousness in my 2nd Chakra)

I became very ill in my stomach after smoking something particularly strong and had to lay down,
    at which point I saw what I thought was a Demon who spoke to me both in words and mind to mind.
    He made it very clear to me that life was meaningless and when you die that's it.(Demon's are liars)

Your writing recently has given me pause to consider that maybe this Demon was in fact another aspect
    of my self, a shadow self. My own fears personified? Would this make sense?
    Or is it possible that this was a genuine Demonic attack?

The fear caused by this experience still comes back to bite me every now and then,
    but I now have enough physical control to stop it becoming a full blown panic attack
    and I just observe the fear (it's still not pleasant though).

Also when I first wake up (literally every time), I feel nerves in my 2nd Chakra that make me wish
    I hadn't come back into the physical. I've just recently learned how to handle this now from the advice
    of Meeradas here on Avalon who suggested that I breath in and out through the Chakra's.
    This really does work, and helps to shift the unwanted energy making me feel so much better.

I wonder though, why could a possible astral attack from more than 15 years ago still have such an effect on me?

I am very much aware that the fear I feel is not who I really am, that it comes from outside of myself, but that also in a way the fear is a good thing because it is this fear that drives me on to find the truth through meditation and OBE's. To destroy fear for good! (Hopefully)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Chester (29th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (28th December 2012), Eram (28th December 2012), Reinhard (29th December 2012), Shamz (28th December 2012), soleil (27th March 2013), TraineeHuman (29th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks

JustOneMan

I don't think that your respect for George W Bush is too controversial.
    It's not unreasonable to assume that George W has a higher self, and that essentially that higher self may be 'good'.

Maybe even in his waking state he is 'playing the fool' to a certain degree, towards a positive end?
    I'm open to the possibility.

Either way, good or bad, I think a quote from The Godfather Part III would fit nicely here:
    Quote Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Chester (29th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (28th December 2012), Eram (28th December 2012), Shamz (28th December 2012), soleil (25th January 2013), TraineeHuman (29th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #123
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

I took too many really powerful magic mushrooms once, was removed from my body and taken to "Hell". I won't get into that experience much, suffice to say "Hell" is not a place but a state of mind that afflicts us all.

The really interesting part was re-integrating with my body. That was weird, because the form I was outside of my body was formless, I had no "shape" and in fact I had complete amnesia of my entire life on this planet - I had no idea what this "body" thing even was, so as I began to integrate, I was extremely overwhelmed with the process. I recall being in a state of absolute reverence to my body, I was amazed and impressed, I could feel each nerve cell, each capillary pumping my blood, every hair on my head, and my hands! Wow! these things are the coolest invention ever! "Physical" was not a part of my memory at this time at all, and all of this was just blowing my mind!

I came to appreciate my body a little more after that as I had experienced what it would be like for a being that had never experienced a "physical" interaction or experience, to come into a human body, all I can say is wow, what an experience!

Just the night before last, I finally was able to leave my body after several months of trying to "astral travel". I didn't stay out long as things "weren't quite right", I have some things to "straighten out" before I can start to really make use of this process.

My 2 cents
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

AwakeInADream (28th December 2012), Chester (29th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (28th December 2012), Eram (28th December 2012), Kraut (8th June 2013), Reinhard (29th December 2012), Shamz (28th December 2012), soleil (27th March 2013), TraineeHuman (29th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #124
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 times in 552 posts

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    Let’s suppose you accept my claim that I experience two “selves”, one OB and one of the conventional kind, that has a first name and surname. It’s an interesting exercise to try to list some characteristics of each of these selves.

I won’t list anything about the conventional self. Knowing thyself, observing thyself, and in very great detail, is fundamental to spirituality as I understand it.

What can we say for sure about the OB self? One thing is that it seems to watch and record everything that happens, in a non-judgmental fashion. That’s one of a number of qualities it has in common with the subconscious. It is different from the subconscious, but maybe it’s identical with the sum total of the more positive areas of the subconscious – the areas that aren’t connected with the scars we carry from our past.

Another thing we can say is that it seems to lack many of the qualities of solidity, of matter. It’s a “free spirit” – well, of course it is, because it is spirit. It seems to me it’s not clear in what ways it has boundaries. Certainly, there’s a strong feeling about it of expansiveness. Like electricity or the wind, it seems to be waiting to go anywhere, be anything. Indeed, even the English word “spirit” comes from the Latin word for “breath”. Breath is also thought of as what keeps us alive, so it seems to be whatever it is that gives life to the biochemical robot we know as our body.

I’d certainly welcome reading any thoughts or suggestions or experiences anyone has regarding this.
    Hello TraineeHuman, ive been reading your interesting thread this evening(up to this post).I was wondering is it possible this "Watcher" of ours is our spirit guide/guardian angel?
    Thankyou and Kind Reguards lookbeyond

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

AwakeInADream (29th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (29th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), Reinhard (29th December 2012), TraineeHuman (29th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Quote Posted by lookbeyond (here)
    ... What can we say for sure about the OB self? One thing is that it seems to watch and record everything that happens, in a non-judgmental fashion. That’s one of a number of qualities it has in common with the subconscious. It is different from the subconscious, but maybe it’s identical with the sum total of the more positive areas of the subconscious – the areas that aren’t connected with the scars we carry from our past.

Another thing we can say is that it seems to lack many of the qualities of solidity, of matter. It’s a “free spirit” – well, of course it is, because it is spirit. It seems to me it’s not clear in what ways it has boundaries. Certainly, there’s a strong feeling about it of expansiveness. Like electricity or the wind, it seems to be waiting to go anywhere, be anything. Indeed, even the English word “spirit” comes from the Latin word for “breath”. Breath is also thought of as what keeps us alive, so it seems to be whatever it is that gives life to the biochemical robot we know as our body.
    .. .I was wondering is it possible this "Watcher" of ours is our spirit guide/guardian angel?
    No, it's the real you. It's also the same thing as the "inner body" that some of my other recent posts mention.

Believe it or not, I happen to know for a fact that I have been a guardian angel and although I volunteered to come here in bodily form in this lifetime I'm due to return to that role soon. I wrote about some (by no means all) details in the thread "The journey to discovering my true origins", which is currently on p.19 of the Spirituality threads. Guardian angels, like all angels, are in that role as volunteers, though guardian angels are always from other ET races, and not of human origin, and they are quite senior in the angelic "pecking order". You would think, from reading someone like Duncan O'Finian, that such benevolent beings as these, and certain others, don't exist, but the fact is they do. (Some New Age writers like Doreen Virtue and others write a lot of stuff about "angels" which seems pure nonsense or insanity to me, and has nothing to do with the beings I know.)

I don't recommend that people trust all their "spirit guides". Some "spirit guides" can be a person's own past-lifetimes' personalities (a past-life identity of theirs), and I've known in detail of a small number of cases where some individuals seem to have gone insane just from listening too earnestly to a "spirit guide". Admittedly, most guides are just benevolent beings, and may sometimes be from one's dead friends or relatives. Also, it's usually much easier to locate, or hear, your current guides than to do the same with your guardian angels. The latter hang out mostly on the 5D/6D border or higher, where they are effectively invisible to beings at any lower level. In that way they are able to watch over each of us more effectively. They really will help you very resourcefully in many sticky or dangerous situations, provided you request that they do so.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 2nd January 2013 at 04:26.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (29th December 2012), Chester (30th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (29th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), lookbeyond (29th December 2012), Reinhard (29th December 2012), Shamz (29th December 2012), soleil (25th January 2013)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

Thankyou,TraineeHuman, my 10 yr old son was in his bedroom one day and turned around suddenly to see a tall golden figure without a face standing in his doorway, he came very calmly to tell me, i told him this being may hav been his guardian angel- what is your opinion TH?
    Kind Reguards lb

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

AwakeInADream (29th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Eram (30th December 2012), TraineeHuman (30th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #127
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Hi TraineeHuman - I (as usual) have to be completely honest - My current work situation had evolved into a condition such that I was tremendously unhappy because I realized (and had known this for awhile) that I was...

a.) not wanted (nor perceived needed) for my true skill set

b.) my job expectations had evolved into the very function I explained to the two top guys at my interview were absolutely NOT what I was suited to do personally

c.) that if that is what they wanted from me, please, do not bother hiring me at all whatsoever... please!

On December 18th, I was handed a specific task that was actually perfect for my skill set and that I could do far, far superior than anyone in the company. On that same exact Tuesday evening I was in the midst of either a strange second wave of a terrible flu type illness that had begun on December 5th or had somehow contracted something new. Regardless, I plunged into the project AND continued to manage my other responsibilities and did so at a Grade A level.

When it came to light at 4 minutes before the project was to be publicly announced when the on sight #1 (who is overall #3) told me my project was **** I immediately called the real #1. I had never heard this person's voice like this ever before. I could tell that his perception was that I had failed, failed miserably and that nothing I could say or do or prove to him 9as he was simply not open to reconsidering his view) could ever be presented such that he could change his perception.

All his information came from the #2. Realize neither of these top two folks are on site... they have been away from our physical facility. The #2 came to his conclusion for whatever reasons and I did not speak with this person.

So I was in an impossible situation. I did one of the very best jobs given the hand I was dealt that i have ever been given in my life and I knew it (and still know it). But knowing the actual truth and having to accept and endure the miss perceptions of my actual boss who is also the owner and that this person is basing this opinion on the words of his actual right hand individual just at face value had me in one of those impossible situations.

Then, combine that with what happened next (at now 1 AM ish on December 25th) - that I had to face posts in perhaps one of the most important threads on this forum... posts that were not directed at me... but instead were painting a particular picture that could set back the thread's direction and even might possibly kill it and normally I would have been able to head of the clear misdirect with ease, yet was mind funked by the personal mind blowing experience I just endured and so when I was finally able to get to sleep, it was no surprise the incredible lucid dream I experienced.

Now get this part clearly understood...

I did not suffer at all.

I experienced several difficult situations all within 6 or so hours when at just before midnight on the 24th I was patting myself on the back for putting in one of my best efforts ever.

The dream (which most folks would characterize as a lucid nightmare) was simply and only a lucid dream. I recall when I did my trick of waking myself up at the moment in the dream where all was about to go past a magical line I have approached many times in these types of lucid dreams - where the next thing likely to happen would "kill" me. This has been a technique I have developed since childhood. Simply wake up.

Now the point of my post.

I instantly and with no emotion nor any residual sense of "wowness" considered the dream in light of these two totally unexpected experiences and thus considered the dream as nothing more than a method of cleansing myself of the negativity of these two experiences. My loved ones and I were able to escape (I, for the moment at least) certain death in the lucid dream.

These 6 hours were not "suffering" - these 6 hours were an incredible metaphysical experience.

Now... interestingly enough, just a few weeks before, my former employer who I left in early September to join this new team had, through the person who took my old position, reached out to me hoping I would come back. I declined and in part due to the fact I had yet to cross that line at my current situation where I would give up hope I could fit in. Well, clearly the line was drawn at 11:57 PM on December 24th and so, just yesterday, I recontacted my old employer and a.) he offered me more than I am making now and b.) promised me even more come next September.

Since December 25th, I focused upon the posts I felt were infective for the thread I mentioned above. My responses were direct and lengthy. I was in essence "attacking" someone I love, someone who had extended me their friendship, someone who I am certain felt a level of trust in me. But my responses were not about me nor my poster friend. They were about something I believe is far, far greater than silly egos.

Yesterday, the poster who had made what I felt were concerning posts deleted all their posts and withdrew (for now) from the thread. Quite interesting.

So I stepped back and reported myself. Maybe I crossed a line I should not have. Maybe I once again went against one of Bill Ryan's most important guidelines - that being that the Project Avalon Forum be a "safe place."

Clearly my words made it unsafe for this poster to the extent they actually deleted their posts. This was the second time I have been in part (or fully) responsible for someone going to this extreme.

So maybe I am a bad guy - we shall see what the mods decide.

But understand, TraineeHuman... I never "suffered" - I experienced and still continue to do so.

I appreciate your offering of the method you mentioned above (I also cuaght that post the first time). I just have my own ways of dealing with my own garbage which does not involve exercises.

Now for last night's incredible lucid dream.

There is only two human beings on earth that totally hate my guts. My ex-wife, the lovely and fantastic "Lucifera" and her current boyfriend (her first bona fide boyfriend since the divorce which became official on October 1, 2001).

I have more than once offered a true, heartfelt apology for whatever role I played in our breakup. On Christmas Day, 2011 I spoke with her on Skype and expressed this in the truest and most sincere fashion one could imagine and it was truly from my heart. She acted as if she accepted (but I later found out this was not the case). Nevertheless, I had, for years, moved way, way past the resentments and I actually view her as my true, greatest teacher. Her soul knows this and perhaps this is why she still hates my guts! haha

Anyways, she had told her boyfriend some of our history and of course, there were lots of lies (these lies have been confirmed by my sons to have been told to this guy). And so, he being a good guy and a man who loves my ex-wife not only believes her overall story (some truth and lots of lies) but because of the nature of the whole of the story, also hates my living guts.

Those who know me will not be surprised at what i am about to state. I love Mandy, always will as we rode the greatest storms of love together and in the process generated 4 human beings (three of which were born alive) and I simply honor and hold most high the Mother of my children. In addition, I am aware of several things Fred (her boyfriend) has done (good things and not so good things) in relation to Mandy and in relation to my sons. Of these things (the good things) I have come to a sense and feeling about this man... a man I never met, a man who hates my ever living guts, that I like him, care about him, appreciate what good he has done for my sons and appreciate that Lucifera has perhaps the man she would prefer to have.

Last night (well actually early this morning) I had the most fantastic lucid dream. In it were Mandy and Fred. In the dream I was with them and they were not angry with me nor hateful towards me. I was able to have a good, postive conversation with them but especially with Fred. I truly loved this guy in the dream. I saw him in the most amazing form and I recall he had long black or very dark brown hair. He was simply cool. Just before I awoke, I came up to him and then, like some one who wants to express extreme reverence, I took his hand and knelt down on one knee in front of him and bowed my head to him.

And then I instantly woke up. I don't suffer - I experience... and I think the key to my no longer suffering is that I have proven to myself something I perceive as fact. And that is this -

The actual truth in my heart always eventually reflects back to me if...

I am patient.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

AwakeInADream (29th December 2012), DeDukshyn (29th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), Shamz (31st December 2012), TraineeHuman (30th December 2012)

15. Link to Post #128
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Smoking weed does not initially place me only in the lower astral. In fact, what it does is it allows "me" - the actual conscious being - to be in a tremendously heightened state where I experience what I call hyper-quantum synchronicity.

Has this state then also exposed me to the elements that are determined by experienced astral travelers to be of "the lower astral?" Absolutely Yes.

There are two important components to my experiences with marijuana that I must share.

The first is that as I have aged, my experience with marijuana has evolved. The last time I picked up marijuana (and note, I had not used any other drug other than coffee for months prior to the picking up again - which was mid August of 2010) I went into this instant state of hyper-quantum synchronicity and so what I began to do is document my synchronicity experiences. I have hundreds of documents of the details (with artifacts) of all but completely impossible synchronicity experiences, psionic experiences, experiences shared by others whose minds were reasonably blown. Some I may start to post...

BUT! - what happened and what has always happened with me with regards to marijuana is that I was so attached to my heightened levels of synchronicity experience, psi experience and of course, the conversations with the voices in my head that when I was "off" the weed life was completely boring. So I would smoke it more often, I would smoke more of it when I got high and I had an insatiable drive to obtain the very best quality I could and then eventually, my whole entire life revolved around my "habit."

And then... (and this has happened to me at least 15 or so times throughout this lifetime) - the #2 voice began to take another form. I would always sink into a state which likely was totally and completely "lower astral" and I would be one on one (in all mys states... deep sleep, dreaming state and waking state) with the darkest and most sinister entity one might imagine ever encountering.

What I believe is a Horus-Ra entity and one of the highest (their hierarchy) order.

The last time the experience truly nearly killed me.

It is documented now in many studies that for about 2% to 5% of the population, psychosis can occur for those who pursue habitual usage of marijuana. Sadly for me, I am in that small percentage.

I wish I could smoke marijuana but my better judgement (at least today) says I should not.

I also know that when I have picked up marijuana again after a lengthy layoff, it has always and only been a matter of time before I achieve the darker regions of psychosis.

This story ends well. Since my last time to smoke weed was sometime last January (my guess is January 22nd or so) I have remained 100% away from weed. The only drug I have taken and which I would have a hard time quitting is good old Colombian coffee (as well as Costa Rican coffee).

What I have also done is go through a cleanse process of my body and have adjusted what I eat. And the good news is - I have been able to achieve some amazingly incredible states of this hyper-quantum synchronicity!

I don't need weed (like I used to think I did) to achieve these states!

I judge no one for what they do in this regard. I offer no advice nor have any opinion if someone should or should not experience life under the influence of marijuana. I have no doubt I would not be anywhere near where I am at today if it were not for my experiences with marijuana - weed helped me extricate myself for the most part, from the matrix.

Yet, I also know what eventually happens to me if I use weed - amazing, sad... but true.

Accept the things you cannot change...

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

AwakeInADream (29th December 2012), Benimal (24th February 2013), DeDukshyn (29th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), Fox (4th October 2014), Shamz (31st December 2012), TraineeHuman (30th December 2012)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks

I experience quite a lot OBE's. Not completely sure if it's DNA memory direct access or real body spirit split. HT are you descendent from "royal" bloodline? This would explain why...

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FrankoL For This Post:

AwakeInADream (29th December 2012), Chester (30th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), lookbeyond (29th December 2012), Shamz (31st December 2012), TraineeHuman (30th December 2012)

19. Link to Post #130
    Thanks

One thing that I ‘d like to say to Deneon, Wakytweaky and Reinhard, and probably some others out there somewhere, is this. The clever Western mind makes everything seem much more complex than it is in reality. And when it comes to OB phenomena, the mind has a field day. Teradactyl was very shrewd and intelligent to say some time ago that she had had enough conceptualizing and she would now concentrate on learning by doing. I admire her good sense.

If you think about it, if you find yourself seeing certain pictures or unusual scenery in your head, you probably don’t know if that’s hallucination or not, do you? And seeing such scenery seems to be the only way people know that they were astral traveling. The trouble is, for many it does take a lot of work to master and get plenty of control of OB travel, but equally it’s true that everybody does it all the time in small ways without realizing.

For instance, gdelisle said how he put his head back on his pillow and found that he kind of fell through his bed. Up to that point he didn’t know whether he was seeing in 4D or not, wouldn’t you say? But unless you very clearly notice something like that, I suspect you folk would unfortunately write it off as “not there yet, at all”. The clever mind/ego will jump to extremes, as usual. It wants the most spectacular and unambiguous OB experience lasting a quarter of an hour at least, preferably with quadraphonic sound. Anything else won’t count. Otherwise, it insists that the Great McGuffin is still quite fully beyond your reach.

Unfortunately, on a discussion forum all we have is words and concepts. But any kind of real spirituality is a matter of practice, of learning by doing. I’ve been writing under the assumption that any serious person appreciates this and has been doing exercises repeatedly. (Or else they’ve had some real experiences and just would like to reflect on their significance.) I don’t really care if the exercises are Buhlmann’s exercises or Jake’s or Monroe’s or the few I’ve included. If I tried to describe how to drive a car to somebody who doesn’t have a licence yet, imagine how complex and difficult it would all sound to them if they read my words without at the same time getting behind a steering wheel on some road and putting it into practice.

Incidentally, I don’t see the material I’ve been describing as fundamentally in any contradiction with Buhlmann or Jake or whoever. You can do both mine and the traditional stuff, and each of the two will be helpful in doing the other. It’s not an either-or situation. That’s simply another trick that the clever mind likes to play. Isn’t it amazing what sorts of tricks the mind is capable of?

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), Chester (30th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), DeDukshyn (30th December 2012), Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), Freed Fox (30th December 2012), Reinhard (30th December 2012), Shamz (31st December 2012), soleil (25th January 2013)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

Quote Posted by FrankoL (here)
    I experience quite a lot OBE's. Not completely sure if it's DNA memory direct access or real body spirit split. HT are you descendent from "royal" bloodline? This would explain why...
    Yes, my mother belonged to the Merovingian and Franco-Prussian royal bloodline. I was born in Australia, but she was a migrant from a country where, up till the start of WW2, her clan had been probably the most powerful and the richest in the country.

But, can you tell us why this would be relevant?

I guess I have seen "genetic" memories coming via my cells and DNA, but as far as I'm aware that's quite different from most of the OB perceptions/awarenesses I experience.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), Chester (30th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), Reinhard (30th December 2012), Shamz (29th January 2013)

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

Thankyou,TraineeHuman, my 10 yr old son was in his bedroom one day and turned around suddenly to see a tall golden figure without a face standing in his doorway, he came very calmly to tell me, i told him this being may hav been his guardian angel- what is your opinion TH?
    Kind Reguards lb
    Beings with the bright golden (as distinct from pale yellow) light are very benevolent and powerful. Certainly the more senior of the guardian angels have that light. My intuition suggests that yes, this is one of your son's guardian angels. Can he talk to that being? If he can learn to communicate even slightly with that being, that would be some skill to have.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), Chester (30th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Peace in Oz (27th April 2021), Reinhard (30th December 2012), Shamz (29th January 2013), soleil (25th January 2013)

25. Link to Post #133
    Thanks

Quote Posted by justoneman (here)
    Smoking weed does not initially place me only in the lower astral. In fact, what it does is it allows "me" - the actual conscious being - to be in a tremendously heightened state where I experience what I call hyper-quantum synchronicity.

Has this state then also exposed me to the elements that are determined by experienced astral travelers to be of "the lower astral?" Absolutely Yes.

Chester, it's great that you're willing to share in so much detail and always with interesting insights we can all learn from. I'm also very sorry to hear that you got trapped in so much pain in the past. On the other hand, the Forum Guidelines do exclude discussions of drugs, including marijuana. So, rather than making any comments on connections to OB travel, I'd prefer to make no comments. I'd also like to request everyone, out of respect for the Guidelines, not to continue bringing up the topic of drug experiences.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 30th December 2012 at 01:33.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), Chester (30th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), Reinhard (30th December 2012), Shamz (29th January 2013)

27. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

Is there a particular method or exercise by which we can meet our spirit guides or guardian angels in an OBE?

Or a way by which our guides/angels can even help us to have an OBE?

EDIT:

I've just re-done the exercise in post 24# and asked my higher self these questions,
    and what I saw was something like this:

I haven't got a clue what that might mean
    Last edited by AwakeInADream; 30th December 2012 at 01:59.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Reinhard (30th December 2012), TraineeHuman (30th December 2012)

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AwakeInADream (here)
    Is there a particular method or exercise by which we can meet our spirit guides or guardian angels in an OBE?

Or a way by which our guides/angels can even help us to have an OBE?

EDIT:

I've just re-done the exercise in post 24# and asked my higher self these questions,
    and what I saw was something like this:

I haven't got a clue what that might mean
    You would probably have to be quite experienced in OB before you'd see (or hear from) your guardian angels. I'm trying to stick more to talking about getting the basics of OB. GAs usually look like extremely bright, gigantic lights, either pure white/silver or gold in color. The question is, how well have you learnt to see in OB worlds? (Equally, feeling the joy and calmness and detachment of your inner body more and more intensely is a gradual process, and improves your "eyesight".) Developing that sight further and further is a gradual process. I suppose that would fit with the picture you saw, AwakeInADream. Or as Buhlmann might say: "(More) awareness, (please)!" Open those eyes.

Almost anybody can learn to at least conduct a simple conversation with one of their guides. I guess I would say you should join a psychic development class somewhere. Most of the ones I've seen teach people how to see and listen their own and their classmates' guides. But I'd suggest you should use some psychic protection as well.

Your GAs wouldn't directly help you have an OBE. But they would help you to meet someone in bodily form who could assist you, if you asked them for that, and if that was in your highest interests. Don't worry, they can hear you at all times, even if you can't hear them.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 30th December 2012 at 03:40.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (30th December 2012), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Reinhard (30th December 2012), Shamz (29th January 2013), soleil (25th January 2013)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

Thank's TraineeHuman!

I've had lucid dreams where I've seen a guide in a white robe and the indescribable bright white light,
    which featured mind to mind communication (that sadly didn't translate back into my regular consciousness in the physical world).
    I just wish I could do this without being asleep first(and so retain the message).

I love doing that exercise in post 24# and will keep doing it,
    at first I didn't have a clue what that big eyed monkey meant,
    but I've been given a few suggestions on the 'Here and Now' thread.

I suppose the more I do it, the more I'll get used to this kind of visual language.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AwakeInADream For This Post:

Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (1st January 2013), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Shamz (29th January 2013), TraineeHuman (30th December 2012)

33. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

The really interesting part was re-integrating with my body. That was weird, because the form I was outside of my body was formless, I had no "shape" and in fact I had complete amnesia of my entire life on this planet - I had no idea what this "body" thing even was, so as I began to integrate, I was extremely overwhelmed with the process. I recall being in a state of absolute reverence to my body, I was amazed and impressed, I could feel each nerve cell, each capillary pumping my blood, every hair on my head, and my hands! Wow! these things are the coolest invention ever! "Physical" was not a part of my memory at this time at all, and all of this was just blowing my mind!

I came to appreciate my body a little more after that as I had experienced what it would be like for a being that had never experienced a "physical" interaction or experience, to come into a human body, all I can say is wow, what an experience!

Just the night before last, I finally was able to leave my body after several months of trying to "astral travel". I didn't stay out long as things "weren't quite right", I have some things to "straighten out" before I can start to really make use of this process.

My 2 cents
    Anyone who has experienced OB travel will know that on return to the physical body it’s quite often necessary to do some grounding (or "re-integration") techniques. Otherwise, you don’t have your full coordination, because, technically, your “other” self hasn’t fully returned, or hasn’t completed “docking”.

There was some detailed discussion of some aspects of how grounding works in the “Breatharianism…” thread in Spirituality a year or more ago.

(Incidentally, when we travel OB we are traveling effectively free of our personality, i.e. our emotional and mental and psychic/neurotic “bodies” as well as of our physical body. When we die we travel in exactly the same way, except that we are then cut off from returning to any of those “bodies”. That’s why grounding isn’t just a kind of trivial exercise. After each OB travel, it’s part of what’s technically a type of rebirth.)

As far as I understand, grounding works and is important because it connects you to the crystal and similar energies deep within the Earth. As we know, natural crystals serve as the bodies of intelligent beings who technically are another type of angel, and they volunteer to inhabit a crystal. Some of the crystals are huge and very powerful. I know they are hated by all the demonic beings, and apparently cannot be defeated by the latter.

In the “Breatharianism …” thread and other threads, it has been discussed how it is highly desirable to spend a few minutes grounding yourself at the beginning of any meditation session. One reason why this is important is that meditation, like OB travel, is an activity that makes your energies ungrounded – unless, perhaps, you have sufficiently grounded yourself beforehand.

In my experience, grounding seems to work as an effective tool for healing a whole range of problems, including some of those that Dedukshyn and Justoneman have been through.

Dare I reveal that it is your astral body or your inner body that actually does the grounding? I guess we think of grounding as connecting more fully with our physical body, and that is quite correct. However, remember that it’s the astral body that’s made of energy (and, at higher dimensions, of stuff that’s quite beyond anything we could call “energy”). So, in grounding what it does is kind of anchor itself more fully into the physical body.

You might suppose that that would make it harder for you to OB travel or meditate, but no. It’s my experience that the opposite is very much the case. In the “Breatharianism …” thread, if I’m paraphrasing correctly enough, Dawn explained how grounding involves using the energy flows through your legs and from or into your tailbone. By contrast, meditation practice usually involves working with the energy flows in the body that go through areas above the legs. And by combining the legs flows with the upper body flows, you get flows throughout the total body.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), DeDukshyn (30th December 2012), Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (31st December 2012), Kraut (8th June 2013), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Reinhard (30th December 2012), Shamz (31st December 2012), soleil (25th January 2013)

35. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

Hi TH, my Mother visited me approx 3 months after she had passed over.She touched my cheek as i was falling asleep and i recognised her "essence" then felt her pass into me as pure love.My question is if when we travel OB and are OB as hav passed, if we are then without personality/individuality, how is it i knew this was her ?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (1st January 2013)

37. Link to Post #139
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by justoneman (here)

Chester, it's great that you're willing to share in so much detail and always with interesting insights we can all learn from. I'm also very sorry to hear that you got trapped in so much pain in the past. On the other hand, the Forum Guidelines do exclude discussions of drugs, including marijuana. So, rather than making any comments on connections to OB travel, I'd prefer to make no comments. I'd also like to request everyone, out of respect for the Guidelines, not to continue bringing up the topic of drug experiences.
    Hi and apologies - Chester is Chester - the experiences I shared were simply experiences which also happened to be the truth. That my experiences have involved suicide as well as drugs and alcohol are simply truths. That you ask that I not bring these things up in your thread is certainly something I will honor.

Be aware that the "forum guidelines" is as much legal disclaimers as they are hard and fast "rules." I have shared far more graphic details about my current life's experience than I did above and yet was not (knock on wood) "modded" about them from which I concluded that my presentation was acceptable within the spirit of the greater goals this forum may be intended to accomplish.

What I do realize (besides my original point that this is your thread and for that reason alone I am compelled to honor your request) is that some might take the sharing of my experiences as promotional that others explore the same things. I do believe that I have demonstrated (not just by my own sobriety) but as to how I wrap things up in posts of this nature that I recommend staying away from drugs and alcohol.

In relation to the other subject you mentioned which is contrary to forum guidelines to discuss, I again apologize that I brought these things up in this thread and won't do it again (nor respond to others who do).

Thanks for the great coaching - Hopefully the exercises that have been shared in this thread will create the result amongst those who explore OBE such that they become better people such that this world might move in a better direction or if it is actually moving in such a better direction, that it move more rapidly.
    Last edited by Chester; 30th December 2012 at 13:25.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), DeDukshyn (30th December 2012), Deneon (30th December 2012), Eram (1st January 2013), Shamz (31st December 2012), TraineeHuman (30th December 2012)

39. Link to Post #140
    Thanks

Hi TH, my Mother visited me approx 3 months after she had passed over.She touched my cheek as i was falling asleep and i recognised her "essence" then felt her pass into me as pure love.My question is if when we travel OB and are OB as hav passed, if we are then without personality/individuality, how is it i knew this was her ?
    Hi again, lookbeyond. Thank you for bringing up another very good question.

Your personality is really just an electromagnetic field, but the real you is something quite other than that. (Thoughts are, physically speaking, electric or electrochemical currents. Feelings, physically, are just magnetizations.) When we die we don’t lose our essence or most of our uniqueness, any more than we could do so when/if we travel OB.

When Paracelsus re-stated the ancient principle of “as above, so below,” let me emphasize he (like the ancients before him) didn’t mean to imply it was generally true that “as below, so above”. He and others did, however, mention how the microcosm is an inferior type of copy of the macrocosm, but they stressed it is a very imperfect and highly incomplete and inadequate “copy”. But the primary point is, what lies above is and lives prior to, and in general control of, what is below.

Whatever or whoever lies above – they are able to focus on controlling some specific energy and thereby brush against a physical cheek. And yes, you very accurately observe that your mother then went inside you – because the “inner body”, like everything that is higher, lies inside.

I would say it’s more miraculous and astonishing that we infinite beings allow ourselves to squeeze into finite bodies and a world packed full of limitations. The infinite made finite, and without losing infinite significance – to me that’s the miracle. Not the fact that dead people, who are a big step back towards infinity, with a little hard work can physically brush their child’s cheek. And they do that just to remind one in an unforgettable way that underneath everything else, all that mattered was simply love and understanding.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), Chester (30th December 2012), chocolate (1st March 2014), Eram (3rd January 2013), Kraut (8th June 2013), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Shamz (31st December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst 1 7 17 57 107 148 LastLast