+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mass Extinction happening now: Earth on the Verge of a huge Reset?

1. Link to Post #21
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

Default Re: Mass Extinction happening now: Earth on the Verge of a huge Reset?

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Quote Posted by yelik (here)
    I wonder if anyone has thought about reducing the population or colonizing Mars!!!
    Hi Yelik there have been quite a few threads debating at length population reduction and colonising Mars has been briefly mentioned.
    The search engine on Avalon is not great but worth a try --if you find a thread that interests, you can always post on it thus bringing the subject to life again.
    There are quite a few new members who would appreciate getting involved in such debates.

Regards Chris
    Hi greybeard

Thanks, I know, sorry I was being a bit facetious. I was thinking that this probably gives the elites another excuse to justify their intentions. I wonder who funded the research!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yelik For This Post:

greybeard (3rd June 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    They will colonize the moons of Jupiter , as Jupiter has been undergoing terraforming for the last five years in preparation that WE earth humans don't change our ways ... it's only a matter of time before some maniac sets off a nuclear exchange ...then it's game over
    the earth has been hit by meteorites in the past that have had an impact in force that equaled more megatons than all of the world’s nuclear arsenal combined, and your right, that's about the time the packs of wooly mammoth were flash frozen, and the species was never seen alive again... but the planet survives just fine.

WE humans have a tenative grasp on this planent... we could experience a civilization reset at any time (I think this is the real reason for DUMBs and the Seed vault etc, just observation of history).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (3rd June 2014), Calz (4th June 2014), ElfeMya (4th June 2014), gripreaper (4th June 2014), justntime2learn (22nd October 2019), Matt P (3rd June 2014), PurpleLama (3rd June 2014), william r sanford72 (4th June 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    They will colonize the moons of Jupiter , as Jupiter has been undergoing terraforming for the last five years in preparation that WE earth humans don't change our ways ... it's only a matter of time before some maniac sets off a nuclear exchange ...then it's game over
    the earth has been hit by meteorites in the past that have had an impact in force that equaled more megatons than all of the world’s nuclear arsenal combined, and your right, that's about the time the packs of wooly mammoth were flash frozen, and the species was never seen alive again... but the planet survives just fine.

WE humans have a tenative grasp on this planent... we could experience a civilization reset at any time (I think this is the real reason for DUMBs and the Seed vault etc, just observation of history).
    Yep, this space surfing mud ball is riddled with craters, if it weren't for forests, lakes, oceans and time, you would see terrain that looks like it has been used for target practice by artillery( no pun intended).

I think of this often, its either that or an massive CME that is going to take us out, I don't think those stupid prepper shows on Discovery/Nat Geo channel are accidental, we are supposed to see it, there is nothing that can be done for us, besides informing that is, we will be left to fend for ourselves, that's exactly what they DO want to share, a couple of months ago the water went out in some village in Belgium, some truck stopped in the neighborhood with bottled water, total riot and it was gone in a minute, warehouses will empty out all goods in days and there'll be nothing else for us and they know it.

Ever walked into a large bookstore lately and check out the gardening section, they're pumping out books like crazy, or garden centers, half of the plants and trees are food related, all supermarkets here in Holland have seeds and small gardening tools now, this was not the case 5 or 10 years ago, someone is trying to make a point by bringing the food chain back in the picture by making it hip again, shame most seeds will not reproduce though, balls

6. Link to Post #24
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

just my own personal, cheap opinion but if there's a real threat to mass extinction on earth it will be Yellowstone exploding; it's coming up for "renewal"-

Larry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

ElfeMya (4th June 2014)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts

Doomsday 2020...Methane melting Arctic..according to this half or more of mankind will be dead in 15 years and all mankind will be dead in another 26 years....
    If you are short of time at least watch the first 6 minutes...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marlowe For This Post:

Ellisa (4th June 2014), Watching from Cyprus (4th June 2014), yelik (4th June 2014)

10. Link to Post #26
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Very interesting video, and very depressing too, especially if you live in the northern hemisphere. As I don't and I am aware of the vast ice sheets melting in Antarctica, I was disappointed that the southern hemisphere was ignored. Do you have information of the warming in the southern part of our planet? It is hard to find i think, although I believe it is happening there also. Perhaps the lack of information is because no one lives within the Antarctic circle on a permanent basis.

11. Link to Post #27
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

A worrying scenario, I hope the extrapolation of the graph is inaccurate, who knows.

He's a link with a little more info http://www.planetextinction.com/index.html

12. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

"The human race has to learn how to leave the world alone and let what is called the natural homeostasis, that is the self balancing process of nature, take care of the mess. Now how are we going to do that? See, our problem is we don’t really know how to stop. We’ve got something started and we say that it’s going in the wrong direction.

So when it comes down to it, it’s shocking news for us, for the human race, for our pride. You’re only making a mess by trying to put things straight. You’re trying to straighten out a wiggly world, and no wonder you’re in trouble. So you can’t do anything, so you can’t transform yourself. And what can you do? What happens then, if you actually realize you’ve come to a dead end? And the human race has come to a dead end, in my opinion. What then? Commit suicide? Or is there something else? What happens when you just wait, there’s nothing you can do. You watch. And all you see is what goes on that is happening of itself. You’re breathing, the wind is blowing, the trees are waving, your blood is circulating, your nerves are tingling. It’s all going on by itself.

So when you come to a dead end, and we are individually, socially now, (in 1971), at a dead end. This is the moment in which it is said man’s extremity is God’s opportunity. We have to stop, we find a world that is happening rather than being done, being shoved. And that happening, as distinct from doing, is our fundamental self."
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

greybeard (2nd January 2019), justntime2learn (22nd October 2019), Watching from Cyprus (5th June 2014), william r sanford72 (4th June 2014)

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

A great deal has been written and spoken about this (but maybe not nearly enough!), though this important thread hasn't had a post for quite a while.

A very good stimulus to pick up the discussion again is the first 19 minutes of this 27 December 2018 Coast to Coast AM broadcast with Linda Howe. (Interestingly, Linda says that one of the remedies is to reduce carbon emissions. Inexplicably, she still has a mainstream view of 'global warming'.)

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (3rd January 2019), Chip (2nd January 2019), Eric J (Viking) (2nd January 2019), greybeard (2nd January 2019), Spellbound (3rd January 2019), Yoda (2nd January 2019)

16. Link to Post #30
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Yes Bill there seems to be a lot surfacing on U tube at the moment regarding ancient advanced civilizations and cataclysmic events.
    By Chance I came across a Edgar Cayce video which goes into great detail about the past regarding ET's, Anunaki, Aliens & Life on Other Planets--its not normally my "thing" but I found it fascinating and believable.
    He also forecast a golden age.
    I posted it elsewhere but worth re-posting here.
    Fairly long but worth downloading to view in sections.
    My usual disclaimer "May be so"

Earth-Keeper 2017: Presents John Van Auken, Prolific Author & Exec Director of the Edgar Cayce Foundation. This amazing articulate & well researched presentation offers readings from prolific seer, Edgar Cayce verifying Alien Visitations & Life on Other Planets. John Van Auken also speaks about the Anunaki, Zecharia Sitchin , Genetic Engineering, LeMuria, Atlantis, the Starseed Origin of Humanity, Timelines of the earth, Cosmos , the Nature of God & the future Reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. Absolutely mesmerizing from start to finish, John also does a Q & A at the end of his lecture that you dont want to miss. Enjoy ! Copyrights Duly Resrved to Earth-Keeper Star-Gate Video Productions 2017
    www.Earth-Keeper.com
    www.JohnVanAuken.com

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

avid (2nd January 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (2nd January 2019), Chip (2nd January 2019), DeDukshyn (3rd January 2019), Eric J (Viking) (2nd January 2019), meeradas (2nd January 2019), onawah (2nd January 2019), PurpleLama (3rd January 2019), Spellbound (3rd January 2019), ThePythonicCow (2nd January 2019)

18. Link to Post #31
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

My usual disclaimer "May be so"
    The details, the names, dates, words, and readings of legend and scripture, may be a useful form of story telling, in order to share with us, in terms and notions we (at least a few of us) can sort of understand, what are essentially a history, a form, a structure, a layering, that we don't have a common language or shared framework of thought to express.

But that underlying history, form, structure, layering, ... may be profoundly accurate.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (2nd January 2019), Chip (3rd January 2019), DNA (2nd January 2019), greybeard (2nd January 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd January 2019)

20. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,721 times in 2,088 posts

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-gre...an-60-minutes/
    Cleaning up the plastic in the ocean

Discarded plastic is piling up around the world and pooling in the ocean. Sharyn Alfonsi reports on the problem's deadly consequences for wildlife and what can be done to stop it

I literally got sick to my stomach at how far this pollution is traveling in the ocean and where to and in how much marine life, This is disgusting, we suck as stewards of the earth, instead nations spend so much money on how to destroy than looking at the big picture of how to prosper and preserve what god created for us and so beautiful so we may cohabitate with mother earth. We in each one of our short 80 years on this earth can make such a positive impact by changing our consumption of fertilizers spraying on your lawn to the plastic bottles we throw away everyday. I apologize for the commercials but this is well worth the watch, it will change your outlook on what happening to our oceans , you will not forget what you are about to watch.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

avid (2nd January 2019), Chip (3rd January 2019), Eric J (Viking) (2nd January 2019), Orph (2nd January 2019), ripple (2nd January 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd January 2019)

22. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

I find Zecharia's explanation of the Old Testament info regarding who Yahweh was, etc. a lot more plausible than Van Auken's, and that of many people who have memories of the exodus from Lyra to Earth and other destinations, due to Reptilian aggression.
    I saw Van Auken speak at another one of Tyberonn's conferences in Little Rock a few years ago and was not really that impressed by his presence ( I was blown away by Dr. Semir Osmangich's light and powerful presence, though).
    Where many Christians take the Old Testament literally and unquestionably (blind faith), no matter how little sense it makes, I had the feeling that Van Auken takes everything that Cayce said in the same way.
    Though Cayce was certainly correct about a lot of things, when it comes to any kind of channeled information, we really need to keep our discernment hats on.

By Chance I came across a Edgar Cayce video which goes into great detail about the past regarding ET's, Anunaki, Aliens & Life on Other Planets--its not normally my "thing" but I found it fascinating and believable.
    He also forecast a golden age.
    Last edited by onawah; 2nd January 2019 at 23:55.
    Each breath a gift...

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (2nd January 2019), Flash (2nd January 2019), greybeard (2nd January 2019)

24. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

I'm 46 now, in my youth I was inundated with reasons to worry about the earth.
    Stories of the rainforest disappearing, acid rain, species going extinct everyday. Man I was so worried about the whole thing.
    Then at the ripe old age of 28 I decided that there had been many extinction level events before modern man.
    The earth rebounded after all of these events and so did the life on it.
    Simply speaking, mankind is an extinction level event for many species on the plant.
    But, all will be fine when the reset button is pushed for the human race.

So, no reason to fret, no reason to worry. The wildlife of the planet gets free reign for 99.9% of the time except for when extinction level events happen.
    All is as it should be.

This is all within the cyclical plan of God or Universe or Earth Mother or who ever is in control of all of this.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

happyuk (3rd January 2019), Spellbound (3rd January 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd January 2019)

26. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,637 times in 2,654 posts

So DNA - you will play no part in remediation prior to potential extinction? At least I will go to my next existence knowing I had tried, and influenced, the saving of anything living. Never give up, as nothing is a ‘done deal’ in this universe, this timeline, this ‘dimension’ where we purport to be today...
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Chip (3rd January 2019), DNA (3rd January 2019), Spellbound (3rd January 2019), Zampano (3rd January 2019)

28. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    So DNA - you will play no part in remediation prior to potential extinction? At least I will go to my next existence knowing I had tried, and influenced, the saving of anything living. Never give up, as nothing is a ‘done deal’ in this universe, this timeline, this ‘dimension’ where we purport to be today...
    EDIT--I've been asked to change my wording on this, so I'm taking the long route in stating what I said earlier in one sentence. I'm not sure if it is more political correct but there it is.

The only thing that is going to save the planet from remedying the potential for extinction is a dramatic drop in humans on the planet.
    Going green and putting your plastics in the recycling bin is just not going to cut it at this point.
    If you want to save the planet you have to kill the people.
    Now, I don't say this in a manner that anyone will take seriously, and yet I do.
    Each person is associated with so much damage on the environment it is mind blowing. You can be as green as you want to be but you are a polluting world killing animal sacrificing monster inflicting extinction upon extinction upon the animal kingdom with every breath you take.
    The elite and their depopulation agenda are in the end the only hope the human race has. I've seen this for years, and yet I'm selfish and want to live.
    So I raise my voice against the elite and their intent to depopulate the planet to the tune of 99.9% of us, and yet, I know bones to balls that they are right in doing so.
    Last edited by DNA; 3rd January 2019 at 02:57.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Chip (3rd January 2019), PurpleLama (3rd January 2019)

30. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 3rd January 2019 at 00:48. Reason: Image wasn't loading from twitter, so I made a copy of it
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Chip (3rd January 2019), Ivanhoe (3rd January 2019), PurpleLama (3rd January 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd January 2019)

32. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,279 times in 1,399 posts

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    This story is mainstream!!!

Mass Extinction Threat: Earth on Verge of Huge Reset Button?

Mass Extinctions have served as huge reset buttons that dramatically changed the diversity of species found in oceans all over the world, according to a comprehensive study of fossil records. The findings suggest humans will live in a very different future if they drive animals to extinction, because the loss of each species can alter entire ecosystems.

Some scientists have speculated that effects of humans - from hunting to climate change - are fueling another great mass extinction. A few go so far as to say we are entering a new geologic epoch, leaving the 10,000-year-old Holocene Epoch behind and entering the Anthropocene Epoch, marked by major changes to global temperatures and ocean chemistry, increased sediment erosion, and changes in biology that range from altered flowering times to shifts in migration patterns of birds and mammals and potential die-offs of tiny organisms that support the entire marine food chain.

Scientists had once thought species diversity could help buffer a group of animals from such die-offs, either keeping them from heading toward extinction or helping them to bounce back. But having many diverse species also proved no guarantee of future success for any one group of animals, given that mass extinctions more or less wiped the slate clean, according to studies such as the latest one.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...ugeresetbutton

Are we??? Or is it just a load of hocus pocus??

viking
    We've all figured that everything including us has their time! The time for us is coming to a close though in my opinion and I really doubt it had much to do with how we behaved. Chances are the slate gets wiped periodically. You can see it now! The end I mean. We are starting to piece together the happenings of the last age now, getting a picture even of the advance notice they had for cataclysm when their time ended! Each age we get a flush apparently! Seeing the parasite we refer to as human (yes I know I'm one at the moment) first hand it appears to me to be more trouble than it's worth and long overdue for a flush! If I created them I'd wipe the slate and start over too! We destroy more than we create! We don't take care of the earth so it stands to reason she'll just take care of us! For good!
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

DNA (4th January 2019), greybeard (3rd January 2019)

34. Link to Post #39
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I honestly dont think we cause mass extinction--we may be in part responsible but the cause is cyclic.

This video is over two years old
    Chris

NASA Scientists Warn Earth is Due for 6th 'Mass Extinction Event'

The Earth is down for a large-scale event that could wipe out humanity, according to a NASA scientist. Humans are unprepared to stop such an event, said Joseph Nuth, a researcher with Nasa’s Goddard Space Flight Center. Nuth, who was addressing the annual meeting of American Geophysical Union, said large and potentially dangerous asteroids are rare, but could strike the Earth at any time, the Guardian reported Tuesday. “But on the other hand they are the extinction-level events, things like dinosaur killers, they’re 50 to 60 million years apart, essentially. You could say, of course, we’re due, but it’s a random course at that point,” he said. Nuth noted the Earth had "a close encounter" with a comet in 1996 and then again 2014 when a comet passed "within cosmic spitting distance of Mars." Mankind didn't even know about the 2014 event until 22 months before it hit Mars. But scientists would need a warning time of more than two years to stop a comet from hitting Earth, he said. "If you look at the schedule for high-reliability spacecraft and launching them, it takes five years to launch a spacecraft. We had 22 months of total warning," he said. Even reducing that timeframe by 25 percent would be "basically a hail-mary pass," he said. Meanwhile, Cathy Plesko, a scientist at Los Alamos National Laboratory, suggested mankind use a nuclear warhead to deflect an asteroid. "Cannonball technology is actually very good technology, intercepting an object at high speed actually ends up being more effective than high explosives," she said. "We don’t want to be doing our calculations before something is coming. We need to have this work done." Government officials are already looking into how to protect the Earth from a disaster that could signal the end of the world. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and NASA performed in October a simulation exercise of what might happen if a huge asteroid hit near Los Angeles, killing tens of thousands. An asteroid that exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in 2013 injured more than 1,000 people. http://tinyurl.com/Earth-Is-Do-For-Ex...

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DNA (4th January 2019)

36. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

The Day When Earth Stood Still ( B&W original of 1954 and 2008 remake with Keenu Reeves) carries the same message,
    find the movie somewhere on the net, not just the clip of course.
    But the message is clear to many people all over the Globe.

Also, it’s fairly difficult to say when do we hit the precepis of awareness, or catastrophe, how far do we have to go before we face the “deadline”.
    Maybe we are nowhere that point quite now, quite yet because nature is still abundant at certain zones and places but devastated at others.
    So are we as species.

To the overly rationalised brains, technocrats of modern age, the future of human civilisation seems to rest on invention and life- for its mortal frailty- and unpredictable sense of expansion became an enemy and future of human civilisation looks like giant immortal computer and terra formed land without live errors.
    Perhaps, in best case scenario , carefully cut Japanese bonsai garden with likewise carefully cut humans. But we are nowhere that far either.

In many areas pollution levels are reaching new high , just an example:

Delhi air pollution surges to emergency levels

Dilli (New Delhi) has just about 20 million people but the area affected is much larger and connects to other, similarly submerged urban areas.
    The same can be said about megacities in Americas, Asia and Europe, some are suffering more, some less.
    People are practically being suffocated in these zones, in more civilised parts of the world it’s made to look nicer so it just takes longer time.

Of course there is still some pristine, pure nature “out of the zone” and according to the grand masters ( sarcastic and ironical) of human civilisation who fail to admit any responsibility for current state of matters, “it does not matter, it’s always been so and nature will inevitably take care of the rest”.
    “They” who don’t know who they are prepping to save themselves the best and waiting for the “big one”, for the big cataclysm to occur to cleanse this planet from core of its chemistry and all its nonessential to them life forms, perhaps boiling it all down to hell. They who don’t know who they are - gave up on keeping it clean long ago and can’t stop themselves in their dirty indulgence in the material products world and dependence on it.

Perhaps it’s not enough that millions of people and thousands of brilliant minds of science are screaming loudly to stop and avert the disaster.
    Not enough that most of the big wild life is dissappearing in front of our eyes ..

The Most Intellectual Creature to Walk this Planet is Destroying its only Home

as if it’s not enough that oceans are full of plastic

Whale found dead with 29 kilos of plastic in its Stomach

that indeed there’s more plastic life than real one around

heavy metals and irony in everything.

They who don’t know who they are need another day to catch up on their business whatever that is even if it’s the last day before disaster,
    their predictions and stocks will go high nevertheless
    and their bodies detached from life principles stopped giving them good advice.
    So another smartphone to grab, another sandwich and burry their heads under sand dunes.

And no matter what you think or I think they’re in aggressive denial, not just a rethorical and passive one. They don’t go to the places and zones where it’s screaming the worst and when they land in Delhi, they take air conditioned cab to the AC hotel with best views of closed garden, fit for emperors.
    They’ll continue doing what they did because they pride does not allow them to do otherwise, followed by multitudes chasing the “golden yoke”.

This thread and topic can’t be more important than it is.

But contrary to the Keenu Reeves aka Space Visitor ,
    me the Space Visitor doubts that “on precepis we change”.

Last edited by Agape; 3rd January 2019 at 15:46.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

DNA (4th January 2019), greybeard (4th January 2019), PurpleLama (3rd January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast