+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vatican library to be digitised

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Vatican library to be digitised

I came across this quite randomly and thought I'd share.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernest For This Post:

Billy (18th November 2012), giovonni (18th November 2012), grannyfranny100 (18th November 2012), Kryztian (18th November 2012), lookbeyond (18th November 2012), Nasu (24th October 2014), Snoweagle (18th November 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Default Re: Vatican library to be digitised

Wouldn't this be a wonderful thing if we ALL had access to reference sources as exists in the Vatican library enabling the breaking of our current spiritual debt shackles. Historical documents revealing our divine indebtedness to the cosmos, prescribing our true natural alliance with nature.

Alas, I fear this will profess to be a continual success yet the real truth will be forever hidden from the world. The most revealing documents will still remain "eyes only" for an elite group, the reigning "priests" of global control.

What I suspect will be on offer is "more of the same". Jew, Christian and Muslim. Keep the attrition going. All a charade. perpetrating more conflict and destitute learning keeping the sheep sheep.

In 1975, we were awed by the movie Rollerball, a futuristic world governed by elite energy companies whom sponsored the international game of gore to keep the masses dumbed down. All historical data was portrayed as "digitised" with access available to everybody, yet in fact, only the edited versions were in fact available. Ironically, by esoteric simile, comparison of todays age compared to that portrayed in the movie will be familiar to many here at Avalon.

So, thirty seven years ago (37 years ago) Rollerball hit the screen, watch it now and see for yourself how the script mirrors our present paradigm.

You might consider the Top comments for this movie:

Large corporations calling the shots? The public being fed a diet of dumbed down, lowest common denominator pap on TV? Thank goodness the future didn't turn out like that.
    QuorkEx 2 months ago 69

It's great to see this movie again after so long. When I was a kid I didn't understand that the sport of Rollerball is basically gladiatorial combat - the circus in the 'bread and circuses' provided by a controlling elite to distract and appease the populace. I guess that would make Jonathan a modern Spartacus, a gladiator who, by the end of the film, is a figurehead for a slave revolution against the state.
    killerbanana99 1 month ago 6

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

Billy (18th November 2012), Ernie Nemeth (18th November 2012), Kryztian (18th November 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,559 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by Snoweagle (here)
    Wouldn't this be a wonderful thing if we ALL had access to reference sources as exists in the Vatican library enabling the breaking of our current spiritual debt shackles.
    Yes it would

Quote Posted by Snoweagle (here)
    Alas, I fear this will profess to be a continual success yet the real truth will be forever hidden from the world. The most revealing documents will still remain "eyes only" for an elite group, the reigning "priests" of global control.
    Alas indeed.

Peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Snoweagle (18th November 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

So that in digital format we will be fed sanitized information - no aliens in the old manuscripts ever, Jesus did not have a wife or girlfriend, Noah was a peasant not a high level intellectual from a developed world, etc.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

seko (18th November 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Shiva's Avatar
    Thanks

Digitizing serves two purposes-
    1. Obviously, to preserve the documents in question;
    2. Once they can let everyone read the sanitized selection, they can say "see, nothing to hide here".
    "There are no coincidences"

10. Link to Post #6
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,900 times in 15,481 posts

Well, it's being done and distributed:

Vatican Library Digitizes 4,400 Ancient Manuscripts and Gives Them Away for Free
    By Michael Kozlowski
    Oct 23

The Vatican Apostolic Libraryis now digitizing its valuable ancient religious manuscripts and putting them online via its website. All of the content is available for free.

The Library was originally founded in 1451 AD and holds over 80,000 manuscripts, prints, drawings, plates and books printed prior to 1500 AD. The titles are all written throughout history by people who had different faiths or religions, from all over the world.

Not only are paintings, religious iconography and books being published online, but also letters by from important historical figures, drawings and notes by artists and scientists such as Michelangelo and Galileo, as well as treaties from all eras in history.

Finding all of the new digitized material is not easy, the library has a few samples online, but honestly its tedious right now to view the rest. Users have to search the database manually by clicking on each title and scanning through all the pages in each book. By the end of the year, a new rendering engine is going to be implemented with a more robust site-wide searching system.

In order to properly digitize the rest of the library, the Vatican is estimating that it will cost €50 million and take fifteen years. They are looking for corporate sponsors and normal people who want to see this work.

One of the ways they are attracting corporate sponsors is to hold exclusive fundraising events. In June 2014 they had one and gave attending guests an exclusive guided tour of areas generally closed to the public, including the Library halls, laboratories and the caveau where the manuscripts are safeguarded, with dinner in the Sistine Hall. They also seeking donationsof €5 to save a single page in a manuscript, while donations of at least €1,000 will see the backer included on the official supporters list.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Billy (24th October 2014), Jake (24th October 2014), Jean-Marie (24th October 2014), meeradas (29th October 2014), Nasu (24th October 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 times in 571 posts

Wasn't it Capt Mark Richards that told Kerry Cassidy that the Vatican is ruled by Reptilian overlords? Why on Earth would the Vatican library be given a lookie loo? Never in our lifetime. It probably holds more than books, maybe portals and underground darkness. It is such a guise for good and sheepfulness. Is that a word I just made up? I am most glad I chose to be awake and not duped. Digitalizing libraries of off planet info will only be seen by those who rule.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

+ Reply to Thread