+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Dynamo Magician Impossible

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Dynamo Magician Impossible

OK, I don't know what you people think of him.
    This is Episode 3 of 4. I felt that this is a good example of him.
    Of course, there is a lot more (Episodes 1,2 and 4).
    As far as I am concerned, 'Magicians' like David Copperfield are just 'illusionists'.
    What do you people think of Dynamo??
    I don't believe he falls into the same 'category'.
    Love, HS

Last edited by Healthy Skeptic; 26th November 2012 at 07:44.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Healthy Skeptic For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (28th November 2012), Eram (26th November 2012), Heart-2-Heart (26th November 2012), Kiforall (26th November 2012), Limor Wolf (5th December 2012), Lisab (26th November 2012), Mark (26th November 2012), Möbius (5th December 2012), Positive Vibe Merchant (26th November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (26th November 2012), silverchimes (27th November 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 312 posts

Default Re: Dynamo Magician Impossible

there is definitely illusion and there is a belief in magic, my heart tells me that this is magic.and its real.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Post:

guido (19th September 2013), Healthy Skeptic (26th November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (26th November 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pete (here)
    there is definitely illusion and there is a belief in magic, my heart tells me that this is magic.and its real.
    I have spent many years studying Magicians and their 'illusions' and 'Tricks'.
    But, Dynamo has 'really baffled me'.
    I believe that he is 'the Real Thing'.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Healthy Skeptic For This Post:

Robert J. Niewiadomski (26th November 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

It seems real yes.

But have you witnessed his magic from up close and personal?

I mean.... in theory, all the people he stuns with his magic in hid video's, could be actors you know?
    It's been done before.

Like making a building disappear on tv. It seemed real because there where hundreds of people to witness the event..... but those where all actors.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Healthy Skeptic (26th November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (26th November 2012), seko (26th November 2012), Shade (26th November 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    It seems real yes.

I mean.... in theory, all the people he stuns with his magic in hid video's, could be actors you know?
    It's been done before.

Like making a building disappear on tv. It seemed real because there where hundreds of people to witness the event..... but those where all actors.
    True. Especially with David Copperfield who 'cheated' using different camera angles and the use of twin Sisters and Brothers.
    With David Copperfield it was on stage where he used 'props' and 'distractions' to 'fool' the audience.
    With Dynamo looking at, not only at this episode, I still am 'struggling' to see how he does his 'Tricks' even with the use of 'actors'.
    Last edited by Healthy Skeptic; 26th November 2012 at 09:21.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Healthy Skeptic For This Post:

Chester (26th November 2012), Eram (26th November 2012), Pete (11th January 2013), Robert J. Niewiadomski (26th November 2012), Shade (26th November 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Healthy Skeptic (here)
    Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    It seems real yes.

It's been done before.

True. Especially with David Copperfield who 'cheated' using different camera angles and the use of twin Sisters and Brothers.
    With David Copperfield it was on stage where he used 'props' and 'distractions' to 'fool' the audience.
    With Dynamo looking at, not only at this episode, I still am 'struggling' to see how he does his 'Tricks' even with the use of 'actors'.
    I think it boils down to the question if there are actors in play.

True.... I'm clueless too about how he would do tricks like placing a telephone into a beer bottle and make it appear like he puts it through the glass, but when the people who witness it live, are actors, then it can be done, no doubt about it.

All I'm trying to say, his magic is so convincing, because of the people that witness it live in his video's. They appear to be innocent bye standers and have their eyes on it from up close. This makes it believable.
    ...imo...

If they are actors however, the believability goes down the drain.
    Last edited by Eram; 26th November 2012 at 13:50.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Healthy Skeptic (5th December 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (26th November 2012), Shade (26th November 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I like Dynamo, he is interesting and entertaining but I feel depending on the magic trick he is performing, I would say he uses a little bit of this and a little bit of that maybe lol:

1) slight of hand/psych
    2) Illusion
    3) Tech/Gadgets
    4) A touch of chemistry for some magic.

However, all people are gifted some cultivate their gift more than others, and to some it is called magic but really they are a natural gift, Dynamo could be one of these people too. Thanks for posting the video love watching Dynamo.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omshanti2 For This Post:

Eram (26th November 2012), Healthy Skeptic (5th December 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (26th November 2012), Shade (26th November 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This guy is the best I have seen since Derren Brown. I will be watching the rest of this series tonight. Really good.

I have seen Derren do the same things as this guys does, including the mind reading. In the first trick, when he said think of a card I thought of 8 of spades too.
    And in that trick where he burns the $20 bill... you can see the name on it when it's actually burning, especially in the replay at the end, so the notes aren't swapped. There is a possibility that the tricks are staged, and until I have seen a bit more of him, I can't be sure. however, the mind reading looks real and I've seen Derren do the same.

Like Derren it is a mix of trickery, and psychological illusion. The guy is a mentalist.
    I have watched everything of Derren's and read his books and am convinced of his abilities and that he doesn't use stooges. And by his abilities, I mean there is nothing there that isn't completely 'mentally' understood. The first vid I have linked to here is an old one, there is a whole library on you tube. I linked this one because of the 'reading with the fingertips' bit.

it's good to see these guys in the mainstream actually - in days of yore their job prospects would have been in the secrets socks, or perhaps as a lone proprietor : )... I wonder if this is all Jesus was. A mentalist. lolling. "Five loaves, Two fishes, One penis, take your pick ladies.."

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 times in 873 posts

He IS real. Have you ever heard Mr. Randi challenge him? Every now and then a person appears upon earth to bring some light in ordinary people' lifes. To wake them up, to give hope, to show THERE is more than meets the eye. He IS one of them.

Have you heard of Wolf Messing?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Messing
    He was one of "them" too. I think he had somehow helped to shorten Hitler's and Stalin's "careeres"... By opening their hearts/eyes to what they did... This way they could allow to be taken out of stage...

Sorry for the above "out-off-topic" remark. Just wanted to add some point of reference. To help us (or not ) decide real/fake...
    I wish he could visit Poland
    Here is his webpage:
    http://www.dynamomagician.com/about/
    And WikiPedia entry:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_(magician)
    Last edited by Robert J. Niewiadomski; 26th November 2012 at 13:05. Reason: spelling
    Best wishes and free energy to all
    Robert

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robert J. Niewiadomski For This Post:

Eram (26th November 2012), Healthy Skeptic (5th December 2012), Limor Wolf (5th December 2012), Shade (26th November 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey folks,

Yeah, the guy is pretty impressive.

However, you know, it´s TV...There´s no way to know if there are actors or editing involved in his tricks.

I would only believe there´s something really extraordinary about the guy when I see him performing his best tricks live, right in front of me.

We can´t trust TV. Even Bill´s TV show had some acting to make it more attractive to the general public. I appreciate Bill´s honest to tell us about it.

Frankly, in one of his TV episodes, the guy teleports to another building on the other side of the street in a matter of seconds. If there´s no editing/tv trickery/acting involved, which i highly doubt, then the guy is the next Jesus or something like it.

I have just one thing to ask you guys; Are you really making up your minds about this based on a TV show? If you are, then you should really review your mind´s modus operandi.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 26th November 2012 at 13:38.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Eram (26th November 2012), Healthy Skeptic (5th December 2012), Limor Wolf (5th December 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (26th November 2012), Shade (26th November 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The thing is about using stooges as in having the tricks staged is that word gets out about it. With the amount of tricks he does and the amount of people involved, to use stooges just wouldn't be wise. I think that it is more likely other kinds of trickery that are used. The teleporting thing could have been a double, while the real dynamo was hanging over the edge of that first building suspended by a rope, lowering himself to the ground, ready to come back up the stairs. No stooges and no one the wiser. I just watched the first one in the series and was quite amazed by the things he does with bending the wine glass and putting the ring around the stem. No idea how he does that. It's definitely got me wondering. I mean you see those people who can store electric current in their bodies and emit the electricity.. maybe this guy has the same ability but focuses it to heat matter? I can see how he does some of these tricks, but not others.

And btw I never said I though he was 'real' by not knowing if the tricks were staged or not.. I meant staged as in using stooges. That doesn't mean that the audience is real while other trickery is used. However, if the audience and participants ARE real then it's a different ball game because of the ACTUAL skill required to do tricks this well with a real authentic audience and participants. If it isn't staged as in fake audience then he is authentic as in a bloody good mentalist and psychological magician. To me a mark of an authentic mentalist is a real audience and participants - not real 'magic'.

If you watch enough of a magicians material you can get a sense of if there are stooges being used because people aren't always the best of actors. So just from the T.V yeah you can make a judgement call about that, I think.

From the looks, this guys uses subliminal cues and directions like Derren does. Some of his substitutions aren't the smoothest [the CD cover and the ice on the coins, from his pocket], nor are some of his props inconspicuous [the glasses with the tea in them!].
    Last edited by Shade; 26th November 2012 at 14:11.

21. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

He's very good. He pretty much does the same stuff than Chris Angel, who in my opinion is the very best.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Eram (26th November 2012), Healthy Skeptic (5th December 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (26th November 2012)

23. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 times in 873 posts

C'mon Let yourself go (slightly) mad He doesn't have to proove anything to us That's the funnyest/crazyest part of it You have to have some measure even in doubt. The same goes for faith... but you can not go like him everywhere around and stick stooges whenever he pleases. That way, sooner or later somebody will spill the beans and the magic will be gone in a puff of smoke. And some sparkles of course. Not very wise for long term business...

I know that on the other (ufo) thread i've made some "smart" remarks about overuse and capabilities of CGI so it seems i contradict myself

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    (...)
    I have just one thing to ask you guys; Are you really making up your minds about this based on a TV show? If you are, then you should really review your mind´s modus operandi.
    (...)
    Got it
    Last edited by Robert J. Niewiadomski; 26th November 2012 at 15:26.
    Best wishes and free energy to all
    Robert

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert J. Niewiadomski For This Post:

Eram (26th November 2012), Healthy Skeptic (6th December 2012), RMorgan (26th November 2012)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

This is a hobby of mine, buying magic tricks. I have hundreds of them, thousands really. A core of perhaps 50 tricks would make your head spin. Absolutely impossible stuff. I've made women cry. I made one woman reach for her bible. But.......it's all illusion, trickery, gadgets, gimmicks. All of it.

My favorites are ones using coins or currency. I can borrow a dollar bill from you, have you record the serial number, and then burn the bill. Moments later I can reveal the same bill, same serial number (and it is real!) in any manner. The unharmed, fully intact bill can be revealed inside a lemon, in the spectators wallet, inside their underwear, anywhere. I can borrow 5 single dollar bills and turn them into 5 hundred dollar bills, right in front of your eyes, my hands in full view at all times. I can reveal a name you only thought of a second ago as raised red whelps on my skin (that's the one that made the lady reach for the bible). So, how is it done? Very simply if you know the trick. Without knowing the secret it seems extremely impossible. Not bragging about my talents, which are amatuerish, but just illustrating how easy it is to fool people.

Not saying there is no real magic, but 99.99 is fakery for fun.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

donk (26th November 2012), Eram (26th November 2012), Healthy Skeptic (6th December 2012), Positive Vibe Merchant (26th November 2012), RMorgan (26th November 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (27th November 2012)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 times in 264 posts

OK... I just watched his 2nd pool table card trick.
    We did not get to see the other cards in the deck. Hummm...
    Could it be that ALL the cards were the King of Hearts?
    So anywhere the cue ball (double banked as distraction) stopped would be near his card.
    And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
    And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh. --Nietzsche

28. The Following User Says Thank You to westhill For This Post:

Healthy Skeptic (6th December 2012)

29. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I've stayed up all night, watched the entire first series and the bonus episode. Now I'm on to series 2 : D.

I can figure out his card tricks and also the mind reading jazz... but... the stuff he does with glass has got me. In ep2 series 1 he puts his hand through glass and also his whole body at one point. In this above ep he brands a glass with a coin. I have seen how people can store electricity in their body and then burn things - is this what he is doing? Focusing real energy, heat energy, energy that can change the molecular bonding of glass? And heat metal? On the edges of my mind i know this is not impossible. I mean the mind reading stuff is pretty impressive anyway right, so how much of a jump IS it to him actually manipulating the glass. Siddihs are real... why exactly CAN'T a person be using them in full view like that. It's not against any law. Now I'm not saying it's really happening that way - I just still in awe because I've only just seen it, there is probably some trick I'm not clueing onto yet, and maybe I never will. But for now I really LIKE the feeling of thinking that he may actually be really doing it. And that is awesome : )

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

Rather a lot of editing don'tchya think. Maybe if the tricks were filmed and presented in one take it might be more convincing. Come on people....this is TV for god's sake.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

RMorgan (26th November 2012)

32. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

I have loved seeing this guy work. Some of the tricks he has look quite impossible. The only thing I could come up with, regarding the trick themselves, was some type of video editing.

But he seels like a cool guy, not trying to be some rockstar like chris angel.
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

33. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,530 times in 419 posts

It doesn't matter whether its real or not, he makes people question what is real.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andrewgreen For This Post:

Limor Wolf (5th December 2012), Robert J. Niewiadomski (27th November 2012), Shade (27th November 2012)

35. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

None of it is done with editing as I can see. If you watch all of Derren's live work you can see the mechanics of how the programming and mind reading works - that stuff is real. Editing is too dangerous because people talk and he would lose his rep.The 'teleportation' was a double, the card tricks are workoutable and the programming and mind reading are understandable and absolutely brilliant - he is very skilled at that. If you ask Derren how it works he would explain it as mirror neurons and subconscious knowing - I've seen its intricacies unfold in my own life and I know many on here have also. The subconscious really does know what is going to happen by reading all the information around it. And minds really ARE readable and programmable.

I worked out how the glass tricks in the ep1 series 2 were done - the glass was pre branded with his hand and the coin and backfilled with some clear substance which upon pressure gives of some heat and smoke and sublimates into a gas, leaving the pre made impression. People can be made to choose particular things like those particular sneakers by suggestive programming and direction - in that this stuff is actually achievable with skill and doesn't need stooges or editing.

As for how he does the phones in the bottles? The body and arm through glass? dunno. I though one his best ones was when he went back home and predicted the dart throws of the lady. That was amazing and actual skill. I'm not sure if it was pure prediction or if he told the lady's subconscious to do it, but if there's one thing I wil bet on it's that he isn't using editing. He's too good for that.
    Last edited by Shade; 27th November 2012 at 03:09.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast