+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Who was the first person to wake you up?

1. Link to Post #1
    Ireland Avalon Member Poly Hedra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 times in 349 posts

Default Who was the first person to wake you up?

I've been thinking about this for a while now and I came to the conclusion that it was David Icke.
    But I realised it wasnt Icke at all, it was Bob Marley. I spent my teenage years seeking solace in Bob Marley. I dont think I was even aware of what he was really saying until now.

for example: this is taken from 'Redemption Song'
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds, oh
    have no fear for atomic energy, none of them can stop the time,
    how long shall we kill our prophets while we stand aside a look?'

'Get Up, Stand Up'
    'Most people think great god will come from the sky, take away everything and make everybody feel high,
    But if you know what life is worth you will look for your on Earth, and now we see the the light,
    we stand up for our rights, Jah!'

Who woke you up? Do you have a sense of gratitude towards some one in particular?

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Poly Hedra For This Post:

Alien Ramone (2nd May 2013), AwakeInADream (9th December 2012), Caren (8th December 2012), Dancerrose (8th December 2012), Fred Steeves (8th December 2012), ghostrider (8th December 2012), Isserley (8th December 2012), karamba (8th December 2012), Lifebringer (29th April 2013), Lisab (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), Nothingness (1st May 2013), Referee (8th December 2012), spiritwind (9th December 2012), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Default Re: Who was the first person to wake you up?

David Icke!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

cheez_2806 (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), Poly Hedra (8th December 2012), Referee (8th December 2012), spiritwind (9th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,758 times in 8,385 posts

The first person is right where it is.

Bob is a very under estimated politician/diplomat. He, single handedly, interfaced between shoutcasting underdogs like, for instance, Peter Tosh, and the post Kennedy white unisonism of the 'fans' of Dylanism. The fact that he spared no lives in his effort is tantamount to his own fatalistic magnetism. He died of his own cancer, the rest died of what they failed to resolve with his magnicifent entity.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

karamba (8th December 2012), mahalall (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), Poly Hedra (8th December 2012), Referee (8th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

The first? Probably Timothy Leary. But the process had only begun then. Alan Watts, Terence McKenna, and Robert Anton Wilson also helped. But it wasn't until I found Alex Collier's 1994 interview that it kicked into another gear. The process is still going with no end in sight....

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

ghostrider (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), Nothingness (1st May 2013), Referee (8th December 2012), spiritwind (9th December 2012), Wind (8th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,113 times in 807 posts

Bob Dean. When I heard "We never owned Earth.", it really made me think.
    For free society!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

ghostrider (8th December 2012), karamba (8th December 2012), Maunagarjana (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), Referee (8th December 2012), Wind (8th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,860 times in 3,179 posts

Me.
    Not long after i stopped watching tv for good.

[though i can't claim being 'awake' all of the time (it's rather the opposite); the term's being used differently from my own definiton of it, here]
    Last edited by meeradas; 8th December 2012 at 08:38.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Debra (8th December 2012), ghostrider (8th December 2012), Maunagarjana (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), Nothingness (1st May 2013), Referee (8th December 2012), Teti75 (8th December 2012), Wind (8th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Being fed up with the world, and knowing it wasn't all my fault.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (9th May 2013), ghostrider (8th December 2012), karamba (8th December 2012), Maunagarjana (8th December 2012), meeradas (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), norman (9th December 2012), Referee (8th December 2012), spiritwind (9th December 2012), Wind (8th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Richard D Hall, theo chalmers, Ian R Crane, On the edge, Bill Ryan, kerry Cassidy.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Post:

Maunagarjana (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), Referee (8th December 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

I began questioning reality when I discovered NLP and hypnotherapy, I remember thinking while first studying why this kind of thing isn't taught in schools because if it was people would be a lot less messed up and no one would have any real problems other than the ones they could easily fix themselves.

Although I think the seeds had already been planted from watching movies like The Matrix, Fight Club and Shawshank redemption. I remember those movies had a powerful impact on me as a teenager when they first came out.

Then it was an audio interview of David Icke that really hit home why the school system is set up the way it is and why society is messed up by design. David Icke taught a vipassana meditation in that interview and it was putting that meditation into practice for the first time that I began experiencing my first metaphysical phenomena leading to my first big 'AHA' experience.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Fred Steeves (8th December 2012), ghostrider (8th December 2012), Maunagarjana (8th December 2012), modwiz (8th December 2012), Referee (8th December 2012), Wind (8th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Jane Roberts/Seth in 1970 for the first round. Voting for Obama in 2008 to complete it. Now that was a bucket of ice water wake up call. After the reality of that set in, no more TV, no more believing in politics. Organized crime, as far as the eye can see. Government is organized crime. Organization is good, government is not. Ment refers to the mind. Govern the mind? No!

20. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

One of the first proper adult books I read was Communion by Witley Striber. I rememeber being attracted to it in the book shop because of the alien on the front. I was maybe 13. I remember playing with energy as a teenager, and I saw my first UFO at 13. At 18 I started to read alternative books a lot.. Ashtar Command was one of the first. I used to like the channeled material. P'taah - I went to see Jani King 'do' P'taah a few times and he/she was awesome. When P'taah came 'in' he would go around the room and look everyone in the eye. I was sitting forward in my chair.... when he looked at me he physically threw me back in the chair with just his eyes. And he would read the minds of the audience, their questions as well. I loved the St Germain books and the Plieadian ones. Barbara Marciniac's ones come to mind. There were a few others as well. The St Germain books really opened my heart for the first time, or really I should say, St Germain did.
    I think, to be honest, I was just always awake.

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Myself. The time was right for me.

If I have to name someone else, it would be Michael Newton. I read his book The Journey of Souls over three years ago and it blew my mind. After that I started truly to awaken. Now I am still on the same path, but I have absorbed a lot of information and I still think that I am a student of life. It's an neverending journey back to unity.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Debra (8th December 2012), DeDukshyn (8th December 2012), Maunagarjana (8th December 2012), Teti75 (8th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Funny Modwiz mentioned Obama, as I was toying with crediting George W. Then there's good old Alan Watts, Seth, David Icke, Camelot interviews, smoking in the boys room in high school, the first kiss, hitchhiking to California, the house you grew up in, dogs and people who have come and gone, winning, losing, and the list goes on and on. I see it as a process leading up to a moment, kind of like making your way to sinking the 8 ball in a game of pool. A lot of very diverse experiences, often over a great number of years, go into setting up that crack at the old 8 ball so to speak, but even then you still have to make the money shot.

You know what's most interesting though? Even that is just the initial awakening, it's just the beginning, an "in" so to speak. Kind of like the coach telling a new wet behind the ears draft pick: "Welcome to the big leagues kid, now show us what you got".

Cheers,
    Fred

24. Link to Post #14
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Actually thinking about it, I met someone who had just joined the School of Economic Science (the fourth way) that was 41 years ago.
    It was an offshoot of George Gurdjieff's ideas, plus the Vedic and Upanishads principles.
    It drove me round the bend, but I learnt to clean and polish floors properly.

Cleaner,
    Tony

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Caren (8th December 2012), Gardener (8th December 2012), karamba (8th December 2012), The23rdman (8th December 2012), Woody (8th December 2012)

26. Link to Post #15
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

I asked them who they are and they did not give me an answer. I am full of gratitude for their direction and protection. I am on my guard as well, as it is part of my nature.
    It might be my extended family, but not a person per se.
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 8th December 2012 at 15:37.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Caren (8th December 2012), modwiz (9th December 2012), spiritwind (9th December 2012), ulli (8th December 2012)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

Lots of wake-up calls....
    First it was a vision I had one day, in August of 1977. No idea who the entity was that directed it.
    The download lasted for nearly two weeks, and when it stopped I felt abandoned.
    My ordinary humanness felt like a vegetative state of being.

So then my search began...I was obsessing constantly how to get back there,
    or find others who are in that state of being. Gave up career, home, prosperity.
    So within two years I had found Gurdjieff, through my teacher Dr. Bernard Courtenay-Mayers.
    Then came astrology, and all the brilliant astrologers whose books I studied, too many to recount here.

Then came Baha'u'llah; Newsweek magazine triggered my search there, then endless synchronicities did the rest.
    When I had enough of organized religion I found the Wingmakers. Massive waker-upper there.
    Later still Kerry Cassidy and Bill Ryan and their interviewees.
    And now you all!!!
    And finally giving credit where credit is due.... I'm quite a seeker.
    I guess I must include myself...

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (9th May 2013), Caren (8th December 2012), Debra (8th December 2012), Limor Wolf (8th December 2012), meeradas (8th December 2012), modwiz (9th December 2012), selinam (8th December 2012), spiritwind (9th December 2012), Tony (8th December 2012)

30. Link to Post #17
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    Actually thinking about it, I met someone who had just joined the School of Economic Science (the fourth way) that was 41 years ago.
    It was an offshoot of George Gurdjieff's ideas, plus the Vedic and Upanishads principles.

Cleaner,
    Tony

I have to say it was THC that began it for me. Before I started smoking I was very scared and rigid in my thinking. As soon as I started smoking I allowed my heart to open and I began playing with the universe. I often wonder where I would have ended up if I hadn't started reading, because I had some wonderful theories about reality before that kind fella lent me his collection of Castaneda and Robert Anton Wilson books. After that it was elephants all the way...
    You are not the target.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The23rdman For This Post:

modwiz (9th December 2012), Shade (8th December 2012), spiritwind (9th December 2012), Tony (8th December 2012), ulli (8th December 2012)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,954 times in 430 posts

Movies like "They Live", "Matrix", lying politicians, church, David Icke, Jordan Maxwell, Bill n Kerry, other remarkable people in my life... my own ability to connect the dots..
    Last edited by Isserley; 8th December 2012 at 12:58.
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

meeradas (8th December 2012), modwiz (9th December 2012), spiritwind (9th December 2012)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

I would like to add the fact that a big thank you goes to Bill and Kerry for their work. When I first was introduced to their material over two years ago the information didn't resonate with me at all, like the stuff about manned Mars missions, Project Looking Glass etc. I just thought that they were absolutely crazy!

I just "wasn't there yet", but eventually I started to watch more and more of their interviews. Something intrigued me about that stuff. Now I'm here!

So I would say that Bill and Kerry have positively affected probably hundreds of thousands of lives with their work. I still miss their interviews, but I suppose that everything has it's place and time. We slowly evolve as human beings and have our own routes to go.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

kanishk (9th January 2013), modwiz (9th December 2012)

36. Link to Post #20
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by The23rdman (here)
    Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)

Cleaner,
    Tony

I have to say it was THC that began it for me. Before I started smoking I was very scared and rigid in my thinking. As soon as I started smoking I allowed my heart to open and I began playing with the universe. I often wonder where I would have ended up if I hadn't started reading, because I had some wonderful theories about reality before that kind fella lent me his collection of Castaneda and Robert Anton Wilson books. After that it was elephants all the way...

Actually you talking about reading. It was Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes) that started me seeing things in another way. Then I took up fencing and discovered my mind and body could do things that I never dreamed of....a bit like a skinny scorpion!

Tony

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

modwiz (9th December 2012), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast