+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DNA Activating Hug

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Default DNA Activating Hug

Ok so the video is entitled DNA activation which is not my favorite term and I’m sure it grates a few others, but I liked this video.

It briefly discusses various actions and research we can take to bring greater quality into our lives, leading to what it calls DNA activation. I discovered and then discovered many others have made the same discovery of the similarities between the DNA, the caduceus and the chakra system as defined in yogas such as kundalini, so I gave it some time.

Anyway it talks about sacred geometry, energy grids, interconnectedness all very relevant in my opinion, and I sat watching it thinking yeah I do all those things, but then It also talks a about the power of love expressed through hugs and I thought hmmm maybe that’s not something I do very much of. Of course I hug my close family, but I tend to be uncomfortable with body contact outside of that. Actually I have noticed that my plants start to wither when I am not giving them as much attention and often they will recover after a leaf massage and a chat.

Recently I have become a bit more distressed when I see homeless people, probably to do with the winter weather, and I have sometimes felt I just wanted to give them a hug, but of course I don’t. I guess some can misinterpret affection as sexual advances and often because of abuse they have received it is understandable, so I guess one has to be mindful. Also the jimmy savilles of this world can abuse a hugging culture.

I think many of us have to struggle to stay afloat and it feels like a constant fight against a monster, but we should take heed of this quote

Quote "Those who fight monsters should take care that they never become one. For when you stand and look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you." ~ Frederich Nietsche
    It can be difficult to put down the shield and defences. Even reading back over this I feel I am sounding like a wet blanket

Anyway this video has inspired that I am going to try and be a bit more affectionate so although it is only a digital hug I would like to give everyone a huge hug in cyber space.
    Also in the real world I am going to try share the love more

Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 8th December 2012 at 12:55.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Caren (8th December 2012), gaiagirl (9th December 2012), genevieve (9th December 2012), greybeard (8th December 2012), Holly Lindin (9th December 2012), Kristo (8th December 2012), mahalall (8th December 2012), Marianne (8th December 2012), penn (8th December 2012), RunningDeer (8th December 2012), sandy (9th December 2012), seko (8th December 2012), shadowstalker (8th December 2012), Soul Safari (8th December 2012), spiritguide (8th December 2012), westhill (8th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Default Re: DNA Activating Hug

Dorje, HUG back at you!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

Caren (8th December 2012), Dorjezigzag (8th December 2012), Marianne (9th December 2012), RunningDeer (8th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 times in 264 posts

There are so many ways to hug. Beginning with the eyes, thoughts and words.
    I work part-time at a grocery store so I meet everyone, whether happy sad grumpy angry aware...
    I've had people brush a "thank you" on my arm up to a full blown hug for finding file powder for gumbo.
    On Sundays, Sarah, whose mentally-challenged, finds me and gives me a one minute hug in the isles.
    Everything has to stop (carts, walking, questions) until she's done. Anyone nearby can't help but participate.
    We all exchange biophotons, information between each other at every moment. So it could be said that
    we are always in a constant hug, we just don't realize it. Thanks for the video!
    And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
    And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh. --Nietzsche

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to westhill For This Post:

Caren (8th December 2012), Carmody (8th December 2012), Dorjezigzag (8th December 2012), Marianne (9th December 2012), Marin (8th December 2012), RunningDeer (8th December 2012), sandy (9th December 2012), seko (8th December 2012), spiritguide (8th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Quote Posted by westhill (here)
    There are so many ways to hug. Beginning with the eyes, thoughts and words.
    I work part-time at a grocery store so I meet everyone, whether happy sad grumpy angry aware...
    I've had people brush a "thank you" on my arm up to a full blown hug for finding file powder for gumbo.
    On Sundays, Sarah, whose mentally-challenged, finds me and gives me a one minute hug in the isles.
    Everything has to stop (carts, walking, questions) until she's done. Anyone nearby can't help but participate.
    We all exchange biophotons, information between each other at every moment. So it could be said that
    we are always in a constant hug, we just don't realize it. Thanks for the video!
    Mother Earth is always supporting us but many do not
    I know what you are getting at with there being other ways to share the love, but I believe our culture is the worse for becoming less tactile.

I once did a very long buddhist retreat without any human contact for a period of several months and a little while after it was very sunny and a friend offered to put sun tan cream on my back. Unexpectedly it was heavenly, not in a sexual way just that sense of touch with another human that I had not had for so long. Healing often comes through the touch, whether by hugging, massage, the laying of hands

Children and often those classed as mentally challenged often realize the importance of this, many children often then become conditioned out of this awareness when they become adults. While the mentally challenged may not be as intellectually intelligent many have a stronger emotional intelligence.

If you look at many tribal cultures they are incredibly tactile and emotionally intelligent, they nurture one another.

Adding more from an excellent article

Quote Primal Need. For a baby, tactile stimulation can be a matter of life and death. Michelangelo understood this: when he painted God extending a hand toward Adam on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, he chose touch to depict the gift of life. From the nuzzling and caressing between mother and infant that form the foundation of the self, to the holding of hands between a son and his dying father that is our most intimate and powerful form of communication.

The effect of even the most casual touch has been seen in several studies. In one, waitresses who touched their customers on the hand our shoulder as they returned change received larger tips than those who didn’t. Small wonder that politicians believe wading into crowds to "press the flesh" will pay off on election day.

Medicine or Hooey? The idea that touch can heal is an old one. The first written records of massage - the word comes from an Arbic word meaning touch - date back 2500 years to China. A bas - relief on the tomb of Ankhma-hor, an Egyptian priest from 2200 B.C., depicts a seated man receiving what some historians interpret as a foot rub, or massage. Hippocrates, the Greek physician known as the father of modern medicine, was a proselytizer for massage in the fourth century B.C. He wrote, "The physician must be acquainted with many things and assuredly with anatripsis the medical art of rubbing.
    Quote And science is confirming what we knew in our hearts - that, as psychiatrist James Gordon puts it, "massage is medicine." At TRI, psychologist Tiffany Field directs a staff or 28 students, volunteers and massage therapists, and collaborates with researchers at the University of Miami, Duke and Harvard. More than 50 TRI studies, many still in progress, indicate massage may had positive effects on conditions from colic to hyperactivity to diabetes to migraines. Massage may help asthmatics breathe easier, improve autistic children’s ability to concentrate, and relax burn victims about to undergo debridement, the painful procedure of removing contaminated skin.

"I started out thinking it was a bunch of hooey," says Dr. C. Gillon Ward, medical director of Jackson Memorial’s Burn Center, "but I’ve become a believer."

Tactile Resistance. When we say that somebody touches us emotionally, it means he or she has gone to the core of our being. Physical touch, too, is more than skin - deep. Skin is the human body’s largest organ, containing millions of receptors - about 8000 in a single finger tip - that send messages through nerve fibers to the spinal cord and then to the brain. A simple touch - a hand on a shoulder, an arm around a waist - can reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure. Even people in deep comas may show changes in their heart rates when their hands are held. Positive, nurturing touch appears to stimulate the release of endorphines, the body’s natural pain suppressors. That may explain why a mother’s hug can literally "make it better" when a child skins his knee.

According to TRI research, massage boosts immune function - even in HIV - positive patients - and lower levels of the stress hormones cortisol and norepinephrine.

Also, massaged preemies were discharged from the hospital six days sooner on average - at a current savings of $15,000 each. With 424,000 premature births in America each year and a potential $6 billion in annual savings, one might think hospital nurseries would be falling all over themselves to establish massage programs. Yet they are still not widespread.

Perhaps one reason is cultural. America is what anthropologists call a nonactile society. Compared with most cultures, we are touchy about touch. [Very Sad] When psychologist Sidney Jourard observed rates of casual touch among couples in cafes around the world, he reported the highest rate in Puerto Rico (180 times per hour). One of the lowest rates was in Florida (two times per our).
    Its worth seeing the entire article
    http://www.toddlertime.com/mh/terms/healing-touch.htm
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 8th December 2012 at 21:58.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Caren (8th December 2012), greybeard (8th December 2012), sandy (9th December 2012), spiritguide (8th December 2012), westhill (9th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread