Thread: Help ! Need holistic dental information

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,506 times in 829 posts

Default Re: Help ! Need holistic dental information

I failed to care for my teeth for half of my life.

I paid by loosing (pulling) too many...

The best measures for me have been using water pick with a little peroxide and...

Removal of commercially processed food from diet and maximum reduction of sugar intake.

Focussing on super foods and continued study of trusted nutritional info.

I tried one local "holistic dentist" who, it turned out knew almost nothing about the subject.

If the dental office cannot cite good scientific resources, i'd not sign up there.

Trouble is most good dentists are far away.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

4evrneo (13th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012), kanishk (10th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member 4evrneo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 492 posts

Talked to my dentist today. He said he would not extract my teeth. I have been researching all day ! there are only 3 holistic dentists in my area and they are RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE !

For now, waiting on the MMS until I can find someone who will do what "I" want them to do.

Back to the drawing board.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Eram (15th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by wavydome (here)
    The best measures for me have been using water pick with a little peroxide and...
    Carmody once recommended using MMS in one's waterpik (oral irrigator) solution.

I've not tried that yet, but it sounded like a good idea to me, especially on the places that likely harbor some infection (pressure sensitive, gum receding, root canals, ...)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (13th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012), kanishk (10th September 2013), TargeT (13th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,100 times in 20,640 posts

Fresh aloe vera gel is fabulous for gums and for infections, inflammation. and much more.
    You can get leaves for consumption (generally weighing from 1-3 lbs each) at a Mexican market, if there is one in your area.
    Or you can order them from Aloe Labs in Harlingen, Texas to be shipped via UPS.
    You have to order a minimum of 25 lbs.
    The leaves will store without refrigeration for a month or more if kept cool and dry.
    Peel off the skin, scoop the gel into a blender with water or fruit juice.
    I take about 1 lb. a day and it is the healthiest all round food/medicine I know of.
    Lots of probiotics are recommended, too, of course.
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

4evrneo (13th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by wavydome (here)
    Carmody once recommended using MMS in one's waterpik (oral irrigator) solution.

I've not tried that yet, but it sounded like a good idea to me, especially on the places that likely harbor some infection (pressure sensitive, gum receding, root canals, ...)
    Paul,
    I was looking at water pik's yesterday but since I have other silver/mercury fillings still in my mouth I dont think that would be a good idea.
    Maybe after I find someone who will take them out for me. So far no luck !
    They all want to examine me and said they will suggest root canal first....
    Very frustrating to say the least. I dont understand why they wont just take them out for me.

As far as the holistic dentists I found (3) they all charge over 200 just to see me !
    sigh..........

A

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Eram (15th December 2012), kanishk (10th September 2013), TargeT (13th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Before you decide on extraction of those teeth look at this alternative to traditional root canals----

Description of this root canal material below;

Biocalex is a product that has been used in Europe for over 15 years in the treatment of infected dental pulp (root canal). It uses calcium oxide (CaO), zinc oxide (ZnO) and a special ethyl glycol/water liquid. Calcium hydroxide has been repeatedly demonstrated to be the most biocompatible material used in endodontic therapy and studies have demonstrated that calcium hydroxide is more effective than phenols in killing bacteria isolated from infected root canals.

For chemically sensitive person, endodontic treatment presents some very special problems because of the toxicity of the existing materials used in the treatment. In this regard, Biocalex has been evaluated and found to be highly biocompatible. As no toxic chemicals or cements need to be used to sterilize or seal the canal(s), Biocalex offers hope to the patient with multiple chemical sensitivities who might otherwise need to have the tooth extracted because of an inability to tolerate the materials that would be used to endodontically treat the infected tooth.

Although Biocalex can be seen on an x-ray initially, after conversion to calcium carbonate, it will look no different than the normal tooth structure. Consequently, you may not be able to tell whether the tooth has been treated, and therefore, it is extremely important that your dentist note on your records that Biocalex was used, otherwise a new dentist might say that a root canal was never done.

There are other concerns when teeth are removed as well. There can be overgrowth of the tooth that opposes the removed tooth, also, your teeth can shift due to the increased space available..You are still quite young and I'm not sure removal is the best answer for you....sincerely, pam

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

4evrneo (15th December 2012), Eram (13th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Here is a pdf worthwhile: Where There Is No Dentist (pdf), from the website modernsurvivalonline.com, described there as:
    The author uses straightforward language and careful instructions to explain how to: examine patients; diagnose common dental problems; make and use dental equipment; use local anesthetics; place fillings; and remove teeth.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th December 2012 at 20:35. Reason: fixed links and description

14. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Biocalex is a product that has been used in Europe for over 15 years in the treatment of infected dental pulp (root canal). It uses calcium oxide (CaO), zinc oxide (ZnO) and a special ethyl glycol/water liquid. Calcium hydroxide has been repeatedly demonstrated to be the most biocompatible material used in endodontic therapy and studies have demonstrated that calcium hydroxide is more effective than phenols in killing bacteria isolated from infected root canals.
    My concern with root canal treated teeth, and the reason I am removing all mine, is that I am under the impression that there is no practical way to keep them from eventually harboring serious, but often unnoticed, infections. No matter how germicidal the endodontic filling, I doubt it can reach or keep sterilized all the microtubules throughout the tooth in perpetuity.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (13th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012), kanishk (10th September 2013), TargeT (13th December 2012)

16. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 4evrneo (here)
    I was looking at water pik's yesterday but since I have other silver/mercury fillings still in my mouth I dont think that would be a good idea.
    Excellent point .

Maybe after I find someone who will take them out for me. So far no luck !
    They all want to examine me and said they will suggest root canal first....
    Very frustrating to say the least. I dont understand why they wont just take them out for me.

As far as the holistic dentists I found (3) they all charge over 200 just to see me !
    sigh..........
    I'd suggest that you do your best (as if this wasn't already quite a challenge) to find a dentist who will remove those mercury fillings safely. Just drilling them out floods your body with mercury that is very slow to be removed (half life stuck in your brain and vital organs is in the decades.)

When my dentist discovered part of an old mercury filling that had been hiding underneath a crown she was removing, she stopped drilling. Her and her assistant put on gas masks. She had me hold what looked like the sucking end of a shop vac (nicer, more expensive, model suitable for a dental office) right under my mouth. She turned on an air filter suitable for mercury vapors in the office. She used an extra dam in my mouth. She already knew that I was loaded to the gills with Vit C. She reminded me to breath through my nose, not my mouth. Then she proceeded to drill it out.

When she removed (with prior knowledge) several mercury fillings from my sister's mouth, she refused to even start drilling until she had worked with my sister for a couple of months on ramping up various nutrients suitable for coping with and minimizing the absorption of mercury.

Her initial exam and visit costs $300 or $400.

Try interviewing prospective dentists, asking them what procedures they use to remove mercury fillings.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

After calling 6 dentists today, I finally found one that will give me a free 2nd opinion appt. I explained my situation and I am hoping they will respond well.

Crossing my fingers

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Eram (15th December 2012), TargeT (13th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (13th December 2012)

20. Link to Post #31
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Excellent point .
    Can you elaborate, why is this not a good idea?

After calling 6 dentists today, I finally found one that will give me a free 2nd opinion appt. I explained my situation and I am hoping they will respond well.

Crossing my fingers

BEST OF LUCK!!
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

4evrneo (13th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012)

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

My concern with root canal treated teeth, and the reason I am removing all mine, is that I am under the impression that there is no practical way to keep them from eventually harboring serious, but often unnoticed, infections. No matter how germicidal the endodontic filling, I doubt it can reach or keep sterilized all the microtubules throughout the tooth in perpetuity.
    My thoughts exactly. This is why I want them removed, reducing any chance for remaining infections or damage from the mercury.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Eram (15th December 2012), TargeT (13th December 2012)

24. Link to Post #33
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

My thoughts exactly. This is why I want them removed, reducing any chance for remaining infections or damage from the mercury.

one "nice" (though also bad) thing about the Amalgum fillings (mercury) is that they are anti-microbial, they will not allow infection since they are so toxic (which is bad for YOU too...)

not worth the risk though, I agree with your removal efforts and after I move I will be doing the same for my fillings.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

4evrneo (14th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012)

26. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Excellent point .
    Can you elaborate, why is this not a good idea?
    I'm guessing that MMS would do a nice job of dissolving out the mercury from fillings, making it more readily available to the rest of the body. If so, that's not a "good thing" (tm).

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (14th December 2012), Daughter of Time (15th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012), kanishk (10th September 2013), TargeT (13th December 2012)

28. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,100 times in 20,640 posts

I'd say that's all very good advice from Paul.
    I had a lot of root canals done way back before anyone seemed to know all the problems with infection involved.
    My dentist at that time told me he thought I would be better off just getting the teeth pulled and getting dentures instead, so he must have known something.
    I wish I had listened, because it would have saved me a lot of pain and trouble over the years, but I was young and cared a lot more about my appearance than I do now, so root canals were my choice.
    Not that dentures are a picnic either.
    But I finally had all the root canal teeth out and got dentures, and overall, my health has much improved.
    Root canals represent a lot of profit for dentists, and I think that's one BIG reason why they are still being recommended.
    Getting mercury fillings out needs special care and not all dentists take the necessary precautions, so that will likely be a costly process.
    But if the teeth that have mercury fillings also have root canals, I would definitely just have them out, and that at least would probably simplify the process, and would surely reduce the risks of mercury contamination.
    Each breath a gift...

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

4evrneo (14th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012), TargeT (13th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (13th December 2012)

30. Link to Post #36
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

please consider anything other than removal or root canals if it is good enough to heal...

Listen to Stuart Nunnally here discussing the DANGERS of root canals.

http://oneradionetwork.com/health/dr...tember-6-2012/

http://oneradionetwork.com/dental-healing/
    John Shore

CWSauce

My new website
    www.HealingShores.com

Some testimonials of my distant healing

Some amazing threads worth checking out to get health back on track, stay balanced and thrive..

Gall Bladder AND Liver flushing
    Taking the Piss Your Own Perfect Medicine

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

4evrneo (14th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Yay !!! the second opinion appt I had yesterday went well. The dentist responded well to my concerns and said he would take them out and give me a partial.
    The nice thing about just removing the teeth, I wont have to have the silver fillings drilled out. They will just come out with the tooth extraction

Of course, he did give me his speil (sp) about how the ADA says that the silver fillings are not dangerous and completely safe ! I listened patiently but then gave him my feeling on the matter and that it is a holistic choice so he said he understood and will do what I want.

Although this whole situation has been quite stressful, I am glad that I went the extra mile and did not give up looking for someone who would take them out.
    After calling probably every dentist in my area persistence paid off.

Thank you everyone for all your sources of information and your help, thats why I love PA

Annette

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Daughter of Time (15th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012), kanishk (15th December 2012), Limor Wolf (15th December 2012), onawah (15th December 2012)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

I dont know why you are having these pulled. Its probably not necessary and if you think life is great with a partial think again.

did you look for one of these kinds of dentists in your area? here's a directory.
    http://www.mouthmattersbook.com/resources/directory/

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

4evrneo (15th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,539 times in 32,788 posts

-------

I've been late getting to this thread! Apologies.

I had a molar root canal treatment 20 years ago, and 10 years ago was in line to have another. The holistic dentist I visited, in Edinburgh, did something extraordinary: she personally lent me a book of hers, urged me to read it overnight, and asked me to come back the next day. She said she would then do whatever I chose.

I read the book. It was about the work of Dr Weston Price. Search for "WESTON PRICE" + "ROOT CANAL TREATMENT".

What I should do became obvious. I asked her to remove both teeth (the one that had had the root canal treatment 10 years before, and the one that was now problematic).

The scientific evidence was overwhelming that root canal treatments can at least sometimes lead to serious chronic illness. It's all documented.

I've never missed the teeth, and have remained absolutely certain that I made the right decision.

37. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (15th December 2012), amandapoet (15th December 2012), Daughter of Time (15th December 2012), enfoldedblue (15th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012), Hervé (15th December 2012), kanishk (15th December 2012), Limor Wolf (15th December 2012), lookbeyond (15th December 2012), Magnus (16th December 2012), Midnight Rambler (15th December 2012), Natalia (21st March 2015), onawah (16th December 2012), panopticon (15th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (15th December 2012), Yoda (17th December 2012)

38. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member amandapoet's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 times in 120 posts

Annette,
    I am so happy you are yanking them...oral infections are so insidious. I have suffered from the failed effects of a root canal, and continue to have issues with my sinuses and also cystic acne ...which I can tell you got better after the failed root canal tooth was removed. However, I have cavities that have gotten much worse in the same area, and my symptoms are flaring up again. I had awesome oral health prior to having my second child, but I world gladly lose a few teeth to have her

~Amanda

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amandapoet For This Post:

4evrneo (15th December 2012), Eram (15th December 2012), Limor Wolf (15th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast