Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Psychiatry goes insane.

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Psychiatry goes insane.

Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)
    Could talk all day about this subject

I do not have time watch the video yet so please excuse if I am repeating.

It is my understanding that the US medical profession desire to create disorders and labels is related to the insurance nature of the medical industry there. Without a defined disorder there can be no pay out.

I have noticed friends who have been diagnosed with a disorder will often get worse after receiving this label than better. While before they only perhaps manifested a few symptoms after the diagnoses they start to conform more completely to the diagnoses.

Here is an snippet from an interesting lengthy article that I would recommend reading.

Quote For more than a generation now, we in the West have aggressively spread our modern knowledge of mental illness around the world. We have done this in the name of science, believing that our approaches reveal the biological basis of psychic suffering and dispel prescientific myths and harmful stigma. There is now good evidence to suggest that in the process of teaching the rest of the world to think like us, we’ve been exporting our Western “symptom repertoire” as well. That is, we’ve been changing not only the treatments but also the expression of mental illness in other cultures. Indeed, a handful of mental-health disorders — depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and anorexia among them — now appear to be spreading across cultures with the speed of contagious diseases. These symptom clusters are becoming the lingua franca of human suffering, replacing indigenous forms of mental illness.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/ma...anted=all&_r=0
    the united states has 'drug salesmen'. they come to the offices of the given doctors and make 'deals' with them, on how many prescriptions they sell of the given 'drug'.

Seriously.

This is the ethical equivalent of fecal slime (crap feeding on crap), on the doctor and pharmacological level, as a pair of book ends.

It is calculated that over 50% of USA citizens are considered current for some form of 'meds', right now, and the number goes up to over 80% when we get to the elderly. IIRC. The numbers i give might be off by 5%, no more.

Once again, a closed circle of fecal slime, in the cumulative, what..$250 billion range or somewhere near that?

The USA does not have a health system, it has a purposely created, crafted and directed - parasite system.

Obamacare, stripped of all the pork that the corporations insisted be in there, was actually a good thing.

yet all the corporate paid shills and the congressional shills all joined in to make sure that the parasitic gravy train never ended. And the idea of functional health care in the USA was once again killed off, with the projected fear of commies and money grubbing, when the extant situation is far, far worse. (obamacare, with pork, is no better)

The USA corporations HATE the fact that Canada has a FUNCTIONAL and perfectly working health care system that is not based on parasitical feeding. It's too close to home for them, and they want it dead and to be able to feed off of Canadians, as well.

What Americans hear about the Canadian health system, is pure adulterated bull****, fed to them by the same people who never want them to know how functional and perfectly working it is.

The drug companies remain in Canada and work in that system, and it is profitable. But not to the same level as the USA, not by a long shot. almost 10 to 1 less profitable. It is just that they want MORE, and they can get it from the USA system, as it exists.

One must remember that these companies will spend billions to make sure that they get to feed off of people, to keep their hundreds of billions per year. what's a few billion spent on killing off issues? Nothing, it's the price of doing business. Buying people and governments and assassinating people is nothing, nothing at all. It is just a cost, a ledger sheet...nothing more.

See it for what it is.

one of my favorites:

Pharmaceutical salesman Robert Gary Jones, listening to his iPod while jogging, likely never saw or heard it before the aircraft hit him from behind Monday evening and killed him.
    Last edited by Carmody; 13th December 2012 at 23:23.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (13th December 2012), Hervé (14th December 2012), Lazlo (14th December 2012), modwiz (13th December 2012), spiritguide (14th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (13th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012), ulli (14th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,649 times in 21,531 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    the united states has 'drug salesmen'. they come to the offices of the given doctors and make 'deals' with them, on how many prescriptions they sell of the given 'drug'.
    Sitting in a doctors office earlier this year, waiting for my sister's appointment ... I saw a well dressed man in a fine new suit with an expensive attache case, enter and smooze the office staff for a bit. A drug salesman no doubt, and his dress reflected the profits to be had in that business. But the next one out did him. An even better dressed and coiffured man, with an assistant a half pace behind, a drop dead gorgeous young lady equally well dressed, carting his drug samples in a wheeled leather case.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Carmody (14th December 2012), Hervé (14th December 2012), Lazlo (14th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012), ulli (14th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 times in 817 posts

Quote the united states has 'drug salesmen'. they come to the offices of the given doctors and make 'deals' with them, on how many prescriptions they sell of the given 'drug'
    They have them in the UK as well, an ex landlady of mine was one of them, she seemed quite nice at first as all sales people do and I talked her about what exactly she did and I could not believe it. Of course she did the dirty on me in the end as for some fabricated reason she did not give me my deposit when I moved on. She certainly was slime.

The medical industry is no longer about healing it is mostly about money in the USA they take it off the people through insurance companies in the UK they take it off the people through taxes mostly peddling chemically synthesized snake oil, that if they do relieve some symptoms will probably give you something worse down the line.

While I was in the USA i did talk to some very ill people who could not get needed treatment because of insurance issues and I think that is a travesty.

It is free in the Uk, although you have to pay for prescriptions, I have not been to the doctor for over 7 years and it was a similar period before that and the only reason was because I forced to have a medical for work.

I always say the reason I don't need to see a doctor is because I don't see a doctor.

Although there are some now appearing with a more holistic approach, who go easy on the chemicals.
    My doctor is my Yoga teacher
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 13th December 2012 at 23:57.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Carmody (14th December 2012), Dawn (15th December 2012), Lazlo (14th December 2012), modwiz (14th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012), ulli (14th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Australia Avalon Member cheez_2806's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    The new DSM-5 "manual" is not just for the drug companys to make money (more money).

This manual will also be used by the attorney general and all court rooms across the nation like caselaw to make it almost impossible for anyone to legally defend themselves.....well, mentally defend themselves too.

It'll sure make it a bit easier for the gov to null and void the 2nd amendment if the whole nation is considered mentally unfit.

But don't worry, Obama will take care of you and keep you safe......and so will the next administration after his.
    Yes, we looked into that in one my subjects. They wanted incorporate dimensional views into some of the DSM V so that more efficient prognosis could be given. So dimensional views basically considers personality or whatever they are going to be diagnosed like autism etc as a developmental and continuous 'disorder'. Dimension view aims to improve prognosis by identifying ones at risk of potentially developing the disorder and as well as differentiating the different developmental stages of the disorder to provide better treatment. It's ridiculous. They don't understand the nature of these so called disorders but want to introduce all these things into diagnosis..
    Some literature by Alan Frances stated that including the dimensional views will increase the prevalence of disorders like schizophrenia by a substantial amount like it was above 70%. In addition he also pointed out that there is not one single biological evidence linked to the proposed changes for DSM IV...and interestingly he also said that the head of psychiatry or head of some department I can't remember...but I'm sure it was two people at the top had ties with the pharmaceutical companies which he also thinks its concerning.
    I found the literature from google scholar when preparing for an essay.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheez_2806 For This Post:

Dawn (15th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,899 times in 15,481 posts

About these pretty pills and their effect...

From http://www.sott.net/article/254512-R...the-White-Flag:
    Raising the White Flag

Lisa Guliani
    Sott.net
    Sat, 08 Dec 2012 13:06 CST

There is a disturbing pattern I'm seeing at work among the nursing staff and the nursing assistants - and these are the people who have the most direct interaction with patients and elderly residents at a healthcare facility.

What I'm noticing: there seem to be a growing number of people in these positions who are on psychiatric drugs. There isn't a day that goes by at work that some nurse or aide isn't discussing some new psychiatric pharmaceutical prescription she's just had filled. Today, one LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) was telling me about how she is now taking Prozac. I asked her why (she knows how strongly I oppose the use of psychiatric drugs). Others are on more than one drug simultaneously. The result is that you can't even talk to these people. They're not in there, if you get my drift.

This LPN said she was opposed to taking the drugs for a long time, but a few days ago, she "raised a white flag".

Pretty vague response, but I know some background to this and so I also know that this has more to do with not wanting to 'cope' than with not being 'able' to cope. It has more to do with avoidable money problems and lack of self-control with spending than it does with not being able to 'cope' with life. It has more to do with poor choices and bad decisions and lousy judgement and overall laziness. It has to do with wanting to be high all the time, not just on the weekend.

I see this all the time at my job - and what's happening is, the personalities of these people on the drugs are changing over time - and not in a good way.

[...]

The pill is the path of least resistance.

Instead of learning about alternative coping strategies or addressing that 'other' problem they don't talk about or won't admit about themselves, they mask what's really going on with claims of 'anxiety, depression, inability to sleep', inability to perform activities of daily living etc. ... I see this every single day at work. People who know just the right buzzwords to tell a doctor in order to get the desired prescription. They're laughing all the way to the pharmacy. I know, because I've watched them.

During the Great Depression, if you read historical accounts or talk to someone who lived through that time, people had it pretty damn rough. These brain poison pills weren't 'trending' back then. People were forced to do what apparently seems 'unthinkable' today: cope. Today, it seems like more and more people are allowing themselves to be convinced that they can't cope and using these 'excuses' to 'opt out' of even trying - and over time, the ones on these pills may be proven right - that they can't cope. The pills may ultimately ensure this to be so.

Who is getting better from taking all these psychiatric drugs? Do we ever hear about any of those people? Do they even exist?

I'm seeing an upswing in the number of pilled-up healthcare workers. I suspect that my facility isn't anomalous in this regard.

One more thing: What they call 'raising the white flag' used to be called something else back in the day: drug-seeking behavior.

Full article: http://www.sott.net/article/254512-R...the-White-Flag
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Carmody (14th December 2012), Dawn (15th December 2012), Flash (15th December 2012), Lazlo (14th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (14th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012), ulli (14th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

This leads us to the bigger story of general ill health!
    The pharmaceutical industry approach medical students while they are still at college.

For the full story of ill health go to...http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/sea...and-treat.html

The pharmaceutical industry not only produces prescription drugs; it also advises government and controls what doctors are taught and how they practise medicine. Medicine, a business just like any other, derives its income and profits from the sale of treatments for disease, which in most cases means the sale of drugs. To prosper, this industry needs people to be ill; it cannot make money if people are healthy. For this reason, research into the prevention of disease is strongly discouraged. And this, according to the 13 August 2004 edition of the British Medical Journal, with: 'About 850 000 medical errors [occurring] in NHS hospitals every year, resulting in 40,000 deaths', has put hospital doctors in the unenviable position of being now the fourth leading cause of death in Britain.

It's a similar story with a burgeoning food industry. Animal proteins and fats are expensive both to use as ingredients and because they have a shorter shelf life. Aided by the 'healthy' message allowing the industry to call cheaper-to-produce cereal- and seed oil-based foods 'healthy', their products could be sold at prices which rival the price of real food such as fresh meat, fish, eggs, and dairy. While this is healthy for the food producers' bank balances, it's not for us.

The health industry has tricked us into an unhealthy lifestyle so that they can treat us. But they can't make us comply. If we take responsibility for our own lives and health, and eat only real food, we stand a much better chance of living a long, disease-free life without the threats of the unpleasant conditions that often make old age a misery. And we won't need the drug companies.

* The Global Corruption Report 2006 can be downloaded from http://www.transparency.org/publications/gcr

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Carmody (14th December 2012), centreoflight (14th December 2012), Dawn (15th December 2012), Hervé (14th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

His book Trick and Treat will certainly open your eyes about health. http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/index.html

These are a few of the reviews.

Reviews of Trick and Treat: 
How 'healthy eating' is making us ill
    Trick and Treat, February 9, 2009
    By Jan Cauffman "Beelady" (PA)
    This book is very thought provoking. I have made some significant changes to our household meals as a result of the research revealed in it. Interesting, thoroughly researched and informative. A real eye opener about our "food"!

Another winner from Dr Groves, 7 Feb 2009
    By M. W. Ellwood "mwellwood" (Abingdon, GB)
    Doctor Barry Groves has come up with another hard-hitting winner here. He demolishes a lot of the myths about "healthy eating" and much of what many of us have taken for granted for many years about living healthily .
    It is perfectly compatible with his previous work ("Natural Health and Weight Loss", but, perhaps out of a justified sense of urgency, he "takes the gloves off" to some extent, telling it like it is.
    And no wonder. The mainstream diet and health "gurus" bleat on about the "mystery" of the obesity epidemic. There is no mystery. Because of the misguided attack on saturated fats / animal fats that started during the last quarter (or so) of the 20th century, it was dogmatically decided that a "healthy diet" had to be low in fat, and rich in carbohydrates, and "healthy" fibre. Surprise, surprise, obesity rates went up, cancer rates went up, and type 2 Diabetes became an epidemic. The "healthy diet" was successful, but the patients were, and are, dying.
    Barry uncovers all this and much more. If you read this book, you should also read Gary Taubes, and if you have already read Gary Taubes, you should read this.

Healthy cynicism, healthy diet, 1 Feb 2009
    By Bookish "Jools" (England)
    This weighty tome of a book (498 pages) is a well researched work on so-called 'healthy eating'.
    The author Barry Groves (researcher and lecturer) comes from England, and looks in detail at the role of fats, grains, bran, meat, salt, vegetables and fruit and even sunlight in the British diet - and the marketing thereof, and draws some startling conclusions. He asks (and answers) such questions as:
    Who benefits from persuading us that we should eat more fruit?
    More grain?
    Skimmed milk?
    And who benefits financially from our currently overweight and over-ill nation?
    For example, he states that -
    "The mantra that everyone will know is 'eat five portions of fruit and veg a day.' Yet there is little evidence of benefit over about two portions a week: and eating as much as five a day could have serious adverse effects on health. Growing them is also a wasteful use of land."
    These are powerful words, but Mr Groves backs up his claims with plenty of research and evidence: 53 pages of references at the back of the book.
    Mr Groves has also researched connections between diet and conditions such as diabetes, cancer and multiple sclerosis, that are hard to argue with. It makes for difficult reading at times.
    Mr Groves also says "The good news is that you don't have to be exploited. If you put your mind to it, not only can you be totally healthy, you can personally help to cut the cost of ill-health in this country to a fraction of its current levels. If you are not ill, they can't sell you expensive drugs. And once that happens, your taxes can be reduced..."
    Mr Groves looks to the natural order of foods and nature herself to consider a truly healthy diet, and what that might look like. Some might say it's common sense, but it's good to read well researched facts to back up those nagging doubts that many of us have been harbouring for many years.
    This could be the start of a food revolution...

Read, mark, learn and inwardly digest, 29 Jan 2009
    By E. Young
    Barry Groves obviously knows what he's talking about with a plethora of trials and reports to substantiate the facts. This makes perfect sense since before all this mucking about with food to make it "healthy", lots of the things we ate and drank were naturally whole. I have ditched a high-fibre diet which resulted eventually in IBS and am "working" much better for it.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Carmody (14th December 2012), conk (14th December 2012), Dawn (15th December 2012), modwiz (14th December 2012), spiritguide (14th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012)

15. Link to Post #28
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is just in from info wars.

Anti-psychiatry demonstration in Edinburgh, Scotland, June 2005

Then read this one, too. It’s also excellent. I wrote it.
    http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/20...he-liars-liar/

Yes, I know, I’m bragging, which is a sign of a mental disorder: Self-Inflation at the Expense of Sacred Psychiatry Disorder. The preferred treatment is electroshock therapy and MKULTRA re-programming. I’m opting for a walk in the park coupled with two doses of outrage at these fake doctors who poison brains and believe they’re healers.
    Here is a clue. The government gives psychiatry its fake legitimacy. That’s how the game works. The government blesses the medical licensing boards that award psychiatrists permission to drug your children, alter their brains, poison them, and of course make all the fake diagnoses in the first place.
    Without the government, these fakes would sink into the waves and be gone forever. Nobody in his right mind or wrong mind would ever step into a psychiatrist’s office. It would be like volunteering to stumble out on to a mine field seeded with explosives.

Media, naturally, go along with the psychiatric hoax. Thousands of articles keep coming out of the hopper to support the authoritative pronouncements of these deranged monsters with medical degrees and “training” in diagnosing mental illnesses.
    There are no mental illnesses or disorders. There never have been.

There are people with problems, there are people who suffer, there are people who are in desperate circumstances, there are people who have severe nutritional deficiencies, there are people who have been poisoned by various chemicals, there are people who have been abused and ignored, there are people who have been told there is something wrong with them, there are people who are different and can’t deal with the conforming androids in their midst, but there are no mental disorders.
    None.

It’s fiction. It’s a billion-dollar fiction. It’s a gigantic steaming pile of bull****. Always has been.
    There is not a single diagnostic test for any so-called mental disorder. Never has been. No blood test, no urine test, no saliva test, no brain scan, no genetic test. No science.

http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/20...-fake-science/

So why hasn’t psychiatry been destroyed and outlawed? Because there is money in it. Big money. Pharmaceutical money. And because the public is in a trance. Mothers and fathers are quite willing to take their children to these brain poisoners…lambs to the slaughter.

The silence of the lambs.
    People are entranced by so-called professionals with fancy degrees who speak technical babble. It all seems real. Because if it weren’t real, then…what? People would be forced to admit they are living in a fantasy. And people don’t want to admit that. They would rather die than admit that.
    But that’s what psychiatry is. An elaborate fantasy. If every psychiatrist in the world vanished tomorrow, the world would immediately become a far healthier place.
    If every celebrity who outrageously whores for psychiatry would stop on a dime, the world would be a far healthier place right away.

You think Dr. Phil is a fake? He’s nothing compared to psychiatrists with their prescription pads. He’s a saint by comparison. The drugs are brain poisons. If you really want to know the truth about the drugs, go to breggin.com and read everything Dr. Peter Breggin has ever written about the drugs. He covers the whole slimy waterfront.
    There is some horrendous handwriting on the wall. Believe me. You can see it all around you if you look. The shrinks are treating younger and younger children with the brain poisons, every day. They’re diagnosing children who are practically toddlers and they’re drugging them. They’re ripping their brains. It’s happening. You may not want to know about it, but it’s there. It’s a crime on the order of murder.
    And the bastards at the FDA and the bastards who train doctors in medical schools are going along with it. They’re accomplices to the ongoing crime. They have blood on their hands.

Here is a story Dr. Breggin told in his classic book, Toxic Psychiatry. It says it all:
    “Roberta was a college student, getting good grades, mostly A’s, when she first became depressed and sought psychiatric help at the recommendation of her university health service. She was eighteen at the time, bright and well motivated, and a very good candidate for psychotherapy. She was going through a sophomore-year identity crisis about dating men, succeeding in school, and planning a future. She could have thrived with a sensitive therapist who had an awareness of women’s issues.
    “Instead of moral support and insight, her doctor gave her Haldol. Over the next four years, six different physicians watched her deteriorate neurologically without warning her or her family about tardive dyskinesia [motor brain damage] and without making the [tardive dyskinesia] diagnosis, even when she was overtly twitching in her arms and legs. Instead they switched her from one neuroleptic to another, including Navane, Stelazine, and Thorazine. Eventually a rehabilitation therapist became concerned enough to send her to a general physician, who made the diagnosis [of medical drug damage]. By then she was permanently physically disabled, with a loss of 30 percent of her IQ.

“…my medical evaluation described her condition: Roberta is a grossly disfigured and severely disabled human being who can no longer control her body. She suffers from extreme writhing movements and spasms involving the face, head, neck, shoulders, limbs, extremities, torso, and back-nearly the entire body. She had difficulty standing, sitting, or lying down, and the difficulties worsen as she attempts to carry out voluntary actions. At one point she could not prevent her head from banging against nearby furniture. She could hold a cup to her lip only with great difficulty. Even her respiratory movements are seriously afflicted so that her speech comes out in grunts and gasps amid spasms of her respiratory muscles…Roberta may improve somewhat after several months off the neuroleptic drugs, but she will never again have anything remotely resembling a normal life.”

If the smug scum who run the NY Times put THAT story on the front page right under a huge headline, we might see something good happen in this country.
    Chronic whiners want to claim the government has to protect everybody all the time, as if that were possible, as if that were really the government’s aim. These whiners are busy-bodies, meddlers, and self-made victims. They sometimes pose as scientists. They love psychiatry. They equate psychiatry with government. You know, “share and care.”

They assert that government knows best. At bottom, they’re vicious little idiots.
    But they’re very useful idiots, because the government welcomes their help in keeping the populace in line.
    And psychiatry is a cardinal strategy in that regard.
    Chemical straitjackets for the lambs.

The silence of the lambs.
    Jon Rappoport is Pulitzer Prize nominee and the author of an explosive collection, THE MATRIX REVEALED. Visit his blog site at www.nomorefakenews.com.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Akasha (14th December 2012), conk (14th December 2012), Dawn (15th December 2012), modwiz (14th December 2012), spiritguide (14th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), ulli (14th December 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

British were eating children. ( maybe still eat).

They have long been famed for their love of lavish banquets and rich recipes. But what is less well known is that the British royals also had a taste for human flesh.

Dr Sugg said: 'The human body has been widely used as a therapeutic agent with the most popular treatments involving flesh, bone or blood.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html

http://cherylkicksass.blogspot.ca/20...-on-human.html

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QZPCBobbDtw

This come a tradition for British .They loved Royals and adore them because of their habit to eat flash. They never thought to took them from tron, even they cherish with BBC program how abuse the youths.
    If they were not happy with this they would have opposed to this ridiculous ritual long time ago.

"There are people with problems, there are people who suffer, there are people who are in desperate circumstances, there are people who have severe nutritional deficiencies, there are people who have been poisoned by various chemicals, there are people who have been abused and ignored, there are people who have been told there is something wrong with them, there are people who are different and can’t deal with the conforming androids in their midst, but there are no mental disorders."
    And the bastards at the Parliament(FDA) and the bastards who cherish Royal family ( train doctors in medical schools) are going along with it. They’re accomplices to the ongoing crime. They have blood on their hands.
    I believe, I did good generalization on a gossip. Now, I am relieved because I knew in my heart Royals were parasitic blood line
    Last edited by Tangri; 14th December 2012 at 11:57.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

East Sun (14th December 2012), Lettherebelight (6th January 2013), Swanette (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member AlexanderLight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 times in 156 posts

If you want to read a brain-storming book on this subject, then I recommend you "Inventing Disease and Pushing Pills: Pharmaceutical companies and the medicalisation of normal life" by Jorg Blech.
    He explains with evidence how the pharmaceutical companies invented diseases in order to turn us all into patients, and spend more money treating illnesses that we do not have. It's a must-read for every human being, in my opinion.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlexanderLight For This Post:

Dawn (15th December 2012), Dorjezigzag (16th December 2012), Hervé (14th December 2012), modwiz (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)
    Could talk all day about this subject

I do not have time watch the video yet so please excuse if I am repeating.

It is my understanding that the US medical profession desire to create disorders and labels is related to the insurance nature of the medical industry there. Without a defined disorder there can be no pay out.

I have noticed friends who have been diagnosed with a disorder will often get worse after receiving this label than better. While before they only perhaps manifested a few symptoms after the diagnoses they start to conform more completely to the diagnoses.

Here is an snippet from an interesting lengthy article that I would recommend reading.

Quote For more than a generation now, we in the West have aggressively spread our modern knowledge of mental illness around the world. We have done this in the name of science, believing that our approaches reveal the biological basis of psychic suffering and dispel prescientific myths and harmful stigma. There is now good evidence to suggest that in the process of teaching the rest of the world to think like us, we’ve been exporting our Western “symptom repertoire” as well. That is, we’ve been changing not only the treatments but also the expression of mental illness in other cultures. Indeed, a handful of mental-health disorders — depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and anorexia among them — now appear to be spreading across cultures with the speed of contagious diseases. These symptom clusters are becoming the lingua franca of human suffering, replacing indigenous forms of mental illness.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/ma...anted=all&_r=0

Seriously.

This is the ethical equivalent of fecal slime (crap feeding on crap), on the doctor and pharmacological level, as a pair of book ends.

It is calculated that over 50% of USA citizens are considered current for some form of 'meds', right now, and the number goes up to over 80% when we get to the elderly. IIRC. The numbers i give might be off by 5%, no more.

Once again, a closed circle of fecal slime, in the cumulative, what..$250 billion range or somewhere near that?

The USA does not have a health system, it has a purposely created, crafted and directed - parasite system.

Obamacare, stripped of all the pork that the corporations insisted be in there, was actually a good thing.

yet all the corporate paid shills and the congressional shills all joined in to make sure that the parasitic gravy train never ended. And the idea of functional health care in the USA was once again killed off, with the projected fear of commies and money grubbing, when the extant situation is far, far worse. (obamacare, with pork, is no better)

The USA corporations HATE the fact that Canada has a FUNCTIONAL and perfectly working health care system that is not based on parasitical feeding. It's too close to home for them, and they want it dead and to be able to feed off of Canadians, as well.

What Americans hear about the Canadian health system, is pure adulterated bull****, fed to them by the same people who never want them to know how functional and perfectly working it is.

The drug companies remain in Canada and work in that system, and it is profitable. But not to the same level as the USA, not by a long shot. almost 10 to 1 less profitable. It is just that they want MORE, and they can get it from the USA system, as it exists.

One must remember that these companies will spend billions to make sure that they get to feed off of people, to keep their hundreds of billions per year. what's a few billion spent on killing off issues? Nothing, it's the price of doing business. Buying people and governments and assassinating people is nothing, nothing at all. It is just a cost, a ledger sheet...nothing more.

See it for what it is.

one of my favorites:

Pharmaceutical salesman Robert Gary Jones, listening to his iPod while jogging, likely never saw or heard it before the aircraft hit him from behind Monday evening and killed him.
    completely, 100% true, about how our system work, how profitable it still is for the industry, although not insanely profitable, and how American are fed real bit time bull**** about it, and how American would wish it destroyed.

Just for that health system, I am so happy to live in Canada.

American often think everybody want to live in the States. Well, let me tell you, about no one in developed countries want to live in the US. Conditions are, on the average, much worst than t say in Canada, France, Britain, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, do I need to go on?

I have seen US living conditions, I live in Canada, I have seen Europeans living conditions (they just have smaller houses/rent on average, the rest being better than US for the average person).

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

butcherman (25th December 2012), Carmody (14th December 2012), Dawn (15th December 2012), modwiz (15th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012), ulli (14th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Sitting in a doctors office earlier this year, waiting for my sister's appointment ... I saw a well dressed man in a fine new suit with an expensive attache case, enter and smooze the office staff for a bit. A drug salesman no doubt, and his dress reflected the profits to be had in that business. But the next one out did him. An even better dressed and coiffured man, with an assistant a half pace behind, a drop dead gorgeous young lady equally well dressed, carting his drug samples in a wheeled leather case.
    That's them, alright.
    They have such a hard life, poor dears...
    Not only because the doctors restrict their access to them (a medical visitor brings no income and might even take away patients' time) but also that they might have to run into the competition while waiting to see the doctor...
    who might have told his staff to keep one hour free in the days schedule, and pack that hour with all the medical visitors at once who then have to sit in the waiting room, being ogled by the competition.
    The doctor, who in my case is my husband, tolerates them only if they bring plenty of free samples which he can then give to his poorer patients...samples of high quality drugs that the free healthcare system never uses, and which would cost them more than they can afford. Just informing y'all of the tensions that go on in that world....

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Carmody (14th December 2012), Dawn (15th December 2012), Hervé (14th December 2012), modwiz (15th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (14th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

25. Link to Post #33
    Switzerland Avalon Member centreoflight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,143 times in 154 posts

Beloveds, when I brought up this topic on another forum, I gathered a very angry response of a person who declared that every mental issue or psychological problem is created by a chemical inbalance. My statement at that time, was that psychiatric issues are created by a lack of love and compassion. After watching the full video pineal's posted I found this one:

3 hours which I also watched fully.

The main reason for my interest for this topic is my own feeling of that there is something very wrong with this reality and also my wife's son who has issues of this tipe since quite a while and there seems no way out.

The above video lead me to this website:

http://www.cchr.org

which again is leading to the first video of pineal.

Of course the psycopaths who are in power and running the show need to be removed and all psychiatric issues will be resolved in no time.

Namaste'
    George

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to centreoflight For This Post:

Dawn (15th December 2012), Dorjezigzag (16th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

I have just recently discovered that there are many studies going on now to prove that mental illness is really an auto-immune illness like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis and that they can be successfully treated without psychotic medication. Some are discovering that it can be treated with an antibiotic such as minocycline.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...a-7469121.html

http://www.psychweekly.com/aspx/arti...?articleid=394

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swanette For This Post:

Dawn (15th December 2012), Hervé (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

29. Link to Post #35
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,899 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by Swanette (here)
    I have just recently discovered that there are many studies going on now to prove that mental illness is really an auto-immune illness like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis and that they can be successfully treated without psychotic medication. Some are discovering that it can be treated with an antibiotic such as minocycline.

The so-called auto-immune illnesses trace back to... nutrition!

See this post <--- and following and, maybe, why not the whole thread?
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Dawn (15th December 2012), Flash (15th December 2012), modwiz (15th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

31. Link to Post #36
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    They are crazy, but why?
    Hiya Tony, I think once Joseph Goebbles learned his final lessons on mind manipulation from Edward Bernays, the cast was set. Have a system in place to lable "trouble makers" to any existing government as insane, and you are off to the races.

You want to hear an interesting new thing American media(propaganda) is pumping out? Those who don't trust government for solutions are now the "Black Helicopter" crowd.

Of course we all know there are no such things as United States helicopters actually painted black, don't we? It's like, so 90's or something...But that's all they got!!! There is no more real denial, there is no more real argument, there is simply the child's play of labeling and name calling.

Seriously though brother, it's freaking sick, and it's freaking hilarious at the same time... It just depends on how one looks at it any more, and when I reckon.

As always, the choice is with us, and all is well.

Cheers,
    Fred
    Last edited by Fred Steeves; 15th December 2012 at 00:26.

32. Link to Post #37
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Immune disorders are an aspect of the psyche at war with another. The immune system is about self and knowing self from not self. The symbolgy is very strong. The more one knows about immuno-competentcy of T-cells, and the energetic of the thymus, which is what the T in T-cells stands for, then the poetry of it all is quite stark. Shamans and medicine people have always had the care of the spirit as the centerpiece of health. The mind-body connection is not some vague concept but an energetic continuum.

Antibiotics are another abused drug. Life saving is their strength when we get in a jam.

The Independent and Psychweekly are outlets of the septic effluent from all we wish to avoid.

33. Link to Post #38
    Czech Republic Avalon Member haibane's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    To prosper, this industry needs people to be ill; it cannot make money if people are healthy.
    This is pretty much the same as the justice/legal/prison industry - they can't make any profit if there is no crime. Not to mention the military and their wars. All unscrupulously using human beings en mass as consumables, all more or less tightly connected through the financial system.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haibane For This Post:

centreoflight (25th December 2012), Dawn (15th December 2012)

35. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Quote Levent Tonga: You are confused Psychiatry and APA(American Psychiatry Association) First one is a Science, second one control mechanism by drug companies.
    Unfortunately in the HMO known as Kaiser which treats thousands of members, psychiatrists are ONLY allowed to treat clients with drugs. Any other therapy, such as 'talk' therapy is left to a psychologist. I have had psychiatrists tell me that the only type of treatment they ever used was drug therapy and that the field of psychiatry realized that anything other than drugs does not work. If you have read some of my previous posts then you might be aware that I was labeled as 'having a psychotic break' about 22 years ago when I had a kundalini awakening. I was hospitalized without my consent and shot full of anti-pshchotic drugs on 4 separate occasions during a 9 year period due to this. It took me a long time to work my way out of that web and I had to do it very carefully since I could be incarcerated without consent at any time. In the end a psychiatrists said to me, "Of course, by now, you realize you are not mentally ill nor have you ever been. We just don't know how to help people who are having a spiritual awakening. You need to go find a mentor to help you through these energies."

Since then the wonderful book, the Gut and Pshchology Syndrome by Dr McBride has been published. Dr. McBride has been able to cure all kinds of 'mental illness': depression, MS, Parkinsons, Bi Polar syndrome, Paranoid Schizophrenia, and even autism by healing the digestive system. I have published a thread here on Avalon about it called 'The Gut of Disease, Not What You Think'. If you have not taken a look at the first post there, with video interviews and links, I suggest you do so. It is fascinating. Imagine .... most mental illness is caused by pathogenic bacteria in the gut!!!! Here is the link to that thread: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...hat-you-think-

Thank you for this thread. Psychiatry... a VERY dangerous system of poisoning people (IMHO)
    Last edited by Dawn; 15th December 2012 at 02:41.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Akasha (16th December 2012), centreoflight (25th December 2012), Fred Steeves (15th December 2012), Hervé (15th December 2012), Marianne (15th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012), Wind (15th December 2012)

37. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

Well, this truly rings a bell to me. I would very much like to look further into it. Thank you.

Another comment: my doctor "There surely is some herbal remedies for you, but I can't tell you because i will lose my license". I understood, search the herbal remedies. Which I did. But most people won't, if they understand the allusion to start with.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Dawn (15th December 2012), Dorjezigzag (15th December 2012), Hervé (15th December 2012), Swanette (15th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast