+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shingles - is it curable?

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,706 times in 1,092 posts

Default Shingles - is it curable?

My mom came down with shingles this past summer after losing her youngest brother to cancer. It was obviously caused by stress. It has been five months and she's still in a lot of pain and always exhausted. Visually, only her upper arm has been affected and the bumps are hardly visible. But she can barely move her arm from the pain and the extreme fatigue has been preventing her from going out at all.

Rhus Toxicodendron which is the commonly prescribed homeopathic for this condition, is not tolerated by her very sensitive system, nor is Natrum Muriaticum which could also be potentially helpful. And she does not tolerate methods of detoxifications at all.

She takes high quality multi vitamins and high doses of vitamin C. Since the shingles outbreak she has added L-lysine and red algae which have been somewhat helpful.

Any knowledge in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Daughter of Time

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

Art (16th December 2012), CdnSirian (29th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012), Hervé (16th December 2012), jagman (29th December 2012), jjjones (29th December 2012), mahalall (16th December 2012), Realeyes (29th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member OBwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Shingles - is it curable?

You will find success stories of shingles being cured with MMS by searching Google.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OBwan For This Post:

Art (16th December 2012), CdnSirian (29th December 2012), Daughter of Time (16th December 2012), happyexpat (29th December 2012), jjjones (29th December 2012), Siberia9 (29th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

I had shingles earlier this year. It is caused by the chicken pox virus, which is lurking in your system left over from when you had chicken-pox, probably as a kid, and reawakens after another exposure to the virus, usually in the elderly (which i have to admit I am!)

Mine was on my chest and moving towards the armpit. I recognised it was probably shingles and went to the doctor. Because I went early she was able to offer me an anti-viral which stopped it in its tracks. The rash took ages to fade, but the pain went fairly quickly. I was lucky. The pain is a nerve pain and can be very severe indeed and there is, so I was told, no treatment though I did find that some of the creams for itchy rashes helped the irritation that I had.

I was stressed at the time, and there was a chicken-pox outbreak in the community, though no one I knew had it. I did however know many older people who caught shingles at that time, and some still suffer months afterwards. I was also told that if you get it once, you are more likely to get it again or suffer a replapse.

I hope your mother finds some help with this condition. It is a puzzling thing to have as there seems to be no definite cure though relieving stress sometimes helps too.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

bennycog (16th December 2012), CdnSirian (29th December 2012), Daughter of Time (16th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012), mahalall (16th December 2012), Tony (16th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,382 times in 700 posts

Hello: Quite a few years ago now I went on a trip overseas and came back really run down since I didn't eat as well as I should have. The next thing I knew I was coming down with open soars and a red rash all over my back. Went to the doctor and he told me that I had shingles. Being a person with no knowledge of the word or disease shingles I did exactly what the doctor told me to do.
    He prescribed Valtrex:
    http://www.webmd.com/genital-herpes/...genital-herpes
    What the doctor said was shingles was in the same family as herpes so you should use the same medicine to fight it.
    The pain was extreme and Valtrex was extremely expensive but he gave me some doctor samples as he called them. The company that manufacturers Valtrex gives doctors free samples so that they will start prescribing their product. I was grateful because they were so expensive. Valtrex was the answer! It took the pain away. The rash and open soars off my back and I was back to normal in a month.
    Sometimes taking the right medicine does the job and in this case it work just like it was suppose too!
    Good luck and don't be afraid to try Valtrex. It will do wonders for such a horrible viral ailment such as shingles.
    chancy

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Daughter of Time (16th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012), Hervé (16th December 2012), jjjones (29th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Member bennycog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 times in 971 posts

Quote Posted by Ellisa (here)
    I had shingles earlier this year. It is caused by the chicken pox virus, which is lurking in your system left over from when you had chicken-pox, probably as a kid, and reawakens after another exposure to the virus, usually in the elderly (which i have to admit I am!)

Mine was on my chest and moving towards the armpit. I recognised it was probably shingles and went to the doctor. Because I went early she was able to offer me an anti-viral which stopped it in its tracks. The rash took ages to fade, but the pain went fairly quickly. I was lucky. The pain is a nerve pain and can be very severe indeed and there is, so I was told, no treatment though I did find that some of the creams for itchy rashes helped the irritation that I had.

I was stressed at the time, and there was a chicken-pox outbreak in the community, though no one I knew had it. I did however know many older people who caught shingles at that time, and some still suffer months afterwards. I was also told that if you get it once, you are more likely to get it again or suffer a replapse.

I hope your mother finds some help with this condition. It is a puzzling thing to have as there seems to be no definite cure though relieving stress sometimes helps too.
    im 33 and have had both chicken pox and shingles by the time i was 16.. must be just one of those cases

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennycog For This Post:

Daughter of Time (16th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

For Valtrex it is too late now...shingles has to be caught in time.
    Usually within the first week of outbreak.
    But you can go to a doctor and get treatment for post hermetic neuritis
    to alleviate the pain.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Daughter of Time (16th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Daughter of Time, here are some suggestions on how to deal with shingles.
    1.Topically use St. John's Wort oil on the blisters 2-3 times a day as this should minimize and eliminate pain. There are other topical alternatives such as Colloidal Silver Gel, a paste made from Apple Cider Vinegar + Coconut oil + Aloe Vera Gel. You can do research on these and see what feels good.
    2. To attack the visrus from within start with good quality Echinacea (I buy mine from www.herbdoc.com and find it works best for me as nothing else I tried comes even close). Or, Oil of Oregano.
    - Ki Formula
    -Superfood to ensure enough energy is given to the body so that the immune system can do its work (I also buy mine from www.herbdoc.com because it's loaded with nutrients).
    -Drinking Silver water
    -People have found relief with Acupuncture
    If your mom is open to it, find a good herbalist as there are potent herbs that can help with stress and depression.
    I hope this helps.
    Sending your mom much love and healing energy.
    MK

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MK777 For This Post:

Daughter of Time (16th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012), Realeyes (29th December 2012), Siberia9 (29th December 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

Episode of Shingles last year: examined anti-viral's, Now take Wheatgrass daily-with no flare ups.

Herpes zoster virus or shingles can be a very painful condition. The virus is the same as the one that causes chicken pox and, after the infection has settled, lives on in one of the nerve roots near the spinal cord. Later in life, the virus can re-emerge

Standard treatment is antiviral medication such as acyclovir which can disrupt the life cycle of the virus. However, it can also cause significant, and sometimes, lethal immunosuppression. It is also quite expensive.

Some viral infections can be strongly suppressed by the wheatgrass extract. e.g. in the early stages of herpes zoster and primary herpes simplex (shingles)

Find the single sachets, from this supplier www.urbanwheatgrass.com, convenient to use

http://drwheatgrass.com/conditions/zoster/default
    http://drwheatgrass.com/drchris/writ...modulation.htm

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mahalall For This Post:

bennycog (16th December 2012), CdnSirian (29th December 2012), Daughter of Time (16th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012), happyexpat (29th December 2012), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Realeyes (29th December 2012), Siberia9 (29th December 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Member Old Snake's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Daughter of Time (here)
    My mom came down with shingles this past summer after losing her youngest brother to cancer. It was obviously caused by stress. It has been five months and she's still in a lot of pain and always exhausted. Visually, only her upper arm has been affected and the bumps are hardly visible. But she can barely move her arm from the pain and the extreme fatigue has been preventing her from going out at all.

Rhus Toxicodendron which is the commonly prescribed homeopathic for this condition, is not tolerated by her very sensitive system, nor is Natrum Muriaticum which could also be potentially helpful. And she does not tolerate methods of detoxifications at all.

She takes high quality multi vitamins and high doses of vitamin C. Since the shingles outbreak she has added L-lysine and red algae which have been somewhat helpful.

Any knowledge in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Daughter of Time
    Daughter of time,

Most probably the homeopatic medecine Rhus Tox was given in a C orK potency.
    She should try a low LM potency ,like LM 6 and take it from there.
    I have seen violent reactions from the C and K potencies

Try it.........................as Rhus Tox seems to be the right remedy.

Old Snake

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Old Snake For This Post:

CdnSirian (29th December 2012), Daughter of Time (16th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012), Gardener (16th December 2012), Realeyes (29th December 2012), Siberia9 (29th December 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by OBwan (here)
    You will find success stories of shingles being cured with MMS by searching Google.
    I came to this thread, after seeing the title.... specifically to mention that.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

CdnSirian (29th December 2012), Daughter of Time (16th December 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Kindling's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Daughter of Time, I used to get fever blisters on my lips really bad. I started taking Lysine a few years ago and I have not had a problem with them since. When I saw your thread I wondered if it would work for shingles, too, since it a herpes related virus. I googled it and there's lots of good info saying that it does help :-).

Here is just one: http://www.ehow.com/way_5682103_lysine-shingles.html

Sorry about your mother having shingles. My Dad had them and told me it was the most painful thing he had ever experienced in his life. Will keep your mother in my thoughts and prayers.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kindling For This Post:

bennycog (16th December 2012), CdnSirian (29th December 2012), Daughter of Time (16th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012), Realeyes (29th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by OBwan (here)
    I think if she were going to use MMS she would need to do baths with it with DMSO also, wouldn't she?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to happyexpat For This Post:

Daughter of Time (29th December 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

I would like to point out that if you decide to use MMS you MUST rebuild the flora and fauna in your gut or you will never enjoy good health again! I say this from experience, and even Jim Humble has mentioned this. So, if you decide to use this be sure to get some live sauerkraut and kefir grains. VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

Here is something I KNOW will work for shingles without killing all the beneficial micro-orgainsms in your digestive system. Get your mom on strong doses of Humic and Fulvic acid. You cannot overdose on this stuff so be liberal with it. The strongest formula of it I am aware of is a freeze dried powdered form you can take in capsules (the developer won a Pulitzer for inventing a method of doing this, I understand). The only company I know who sells the concentrated form is Enzacta under the name HFI. It works by binding the receptors in your cells where viruses normally attach. If the viruses cannot attach to your cell walls then they cannot replicate and are excreted from the body. It takes 3-4 days to completely recover from shingles using this natural method. And... there are no side effects.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

CdnSirian (29th December 2012), Daughter of Time (29th December 2012), DeDukshyn (29th December 2012), Earth Angel (29th December 2012), Journeyon (29th December 2012), Kindling (29th December 2012), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Siberia9 (29th December 2012), Swan (29th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (29th December 2012)

27. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 times in 735 posts

Shingles is horrible, my heart goes out to your mother.

I 'had' been a sufferer of shingles for 20 years, after having acute chicken pox whilst being 40 weeks pregnant! The shingles over the years got worse on each attack til I was having an attack every month with the shingles spreading into my eyes which is most dangerous. I have an amazing healer friend who does a whole host of alternative healing theoropies. She made me up a mixuture of treatments that I took for 4 months everyday - since then - zero shingles!!!!

I will ask her what it was that she gave me and post the answer for you on this thread.

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

what about urine therapy? even just applying cloth soaked in urine? I know this is totally unthinkable to some people but I have read a lot about it, if she would drink it even better however, I understand a lot of people wouldn't even consider topical applications never mind ingesting it ...... there is a lot of info on urine wraps on burns being very effective so it may be helpful for this also.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

Daughter of Time (29th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012), Siberia9 (29th December 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

As far as I know shingles is related to the herpes virus, and more likely connected to the chicken pox vaccine itself. With that in mind, I have had many friends take Red Marine Algae for genital herpes and they have all had immediate positive results, far beyond what Valtrex would give. A painfull two week outbreak turns into three days and its completely healed. I have been curious for some time if it would work on shingles but dont know anyone who is afflicted with it.

One thing I would caution about is NOT to consume ANY alcohol or vinegar while taking it, it will give severe headaches if you do.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

Daughter of Time (29th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012), Nanoo Nanoo (31st December 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,552 times in 814 posts

Hello, sorry but I am not trying to cure anything.

If I just say that I stop all and any ills via my concept of my being.
    Yes I know how that sounds when stated in written form!

What I would suggest is a simple form of 'sugar pill'

Conceive of your being as the entire world, better if the universe but maybe too much so just the earth (lol), understand that all things reside in and are a part of you.
    Now take your hands (and with them this belief) place your hands and in doing so your being, over the point of blockage, then release all which is you through an image.

This image , the idea formed by you including its color, will be the effect on the recipient.

For this I suggest a highly concentrated yellow/gold in a natural setting, maybe a favorite place?
    Normal..!

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,548 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by Old Snake (here)

Most probably the homeopatic medecine Rhus Tox was given in a C orK potency.
    She should try a low LM potency ,like LM 6 and take it from there.
    I have seen violent reactions from the C and K potencies

Try it.........................as Rhus Tox seems to be the right remedy.

Old Snake
    the Homeopathic remedy of Mezereum in 200c is often a good remedy for shingles. Take once a day during active outbreak. Best to dilute in water in a dropper bottle and take a few drops a day. It is known to dry the blister and eliminate pain in some cases

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

CdnSirian (29th December 2012), Daughter of Time (30th December 2012), Dawn (29th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread