1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

UPDATE: please use this link @ shamanicjourney.com
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 23rd July 2014 at 03:41.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

DeDukshyn (19th December 2012), Eram (19th December 2012), noxon medem (19th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Now the government has reason to have all eagles turn in their wings and claws. I suspect, they'll be knocking at their nest doors 3:30 in the morning. Better dot their i's and cross their t's on the search warrants. Make sure it's the right tree address.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 19th December 2012 at 21:28.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

DeDukshyn (19th December 2012), RMorgan (19th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Quote Posted by SnowyOwl (here)
    Sorry folks this is a hoax from some guys in Montreal, in fact on that day on the mount royal where this is filmed there was snow. It has been easily debunk up here and even in the language we can see slip sideing Snowy
    Well, I´m not sure about it...

I´m a CGI expert (It is a big part of my daily work) and I couldn´t find any signs of it...

If it´s a hoax, the only possibility is using a prop as a baby, a trained golden eagle, then replacing the prop with a real baby after the cut.

Anyway, I´m 90% it´s not a prop, since you can see the kid moving when the eagle carries it.

If it´s a hoax, it´s a pretty good one.
    Apparently a student project so not really a hoax ... give these guys a job! Very well done!! I also do some CGI and I agree -- hard to tell, except that if I saw an eagle that size flying around that low with toddlers around, I'd already be beside my kid. These people had no reaction until after the eagle actually had the kid -- they would have reacted a little sooner in real life, perhaps.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...o.html?cmp=rss
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 19th December 2012 at 23:22.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

RMorgan (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

But make no mistake ... Golden eagles are vicious hunters, and have been rumoured to carry away small children...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Cidersomerset (20th December 2012), RMorgan (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shade (here)
    Unless it was a newborn I think the eagle would not be able to carry it off, and even then it would probably not be able to. Humans are bulky and move around a lot, making the center of balance too hard to keep for the bird. It's usual prey weigh much less than an infant. I don't think it would be able to do it, successfully.
    Dingoes however, will steal you baby!...
    Golden Eagle -- could easily carry off that kid. You should see what they do with goats ! (see eagle vs goat video above!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Apparently a student project so not really a hoax ... give these guys a job! Very well done!! I also do some CGI and I agree -- hard to tell, except that if I saw an eagle that size flying around that low with toddlers around, I'd already be beside my kid. These people had no reaction until after the eagle actually had the kid -- they would have reacted a little sooner in real life, perhaps.
    I can imagine that those closest to the toddler didn't notice the eagle swooping in until the eagle reached the toddler. I doubt eagles make much noise in their "final approach".
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I can imagine that those closest to the toddler didn't notice the eagle swooping in until the eagle reached the toddler. I doubt eagles make much noise in their "final approach".
    While you may be correct ... here's why I say that,

Have you ever had a very large eagle circle over you in close proximity? A natural survival instinct kicks in -- you can "feel" the bird. I have had many experiences with this and it is very unsettling -- especially a bird of that size. As soon as that bird made that turn back, the cameraman would have had this instinct triggered and started moving toward the kid or signalling to the others. I could be wrong, but I am actually pretty sure.

I have had this happen to myself on a few occasions, when these birds start swooping in like that, you "feel" it, even if you can't see it right away, but then again, being raised with nature, that may be just "me".

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Flash (20th December 2012), Lazlo (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (20th December 2012)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    We are in Canada here. The eagle won't be shot. It will either be displaced in the forest or fed. Tons of squirrels in that parc, the eagle truly have a choice of menu other than humans, I do not understand.
    Wrong time of year for squirrels and in a public park (in the north), the groundskeepers remove the very things that keep the squirrels out in the areas where they would be picked by the eagles.

I'm certainly not angry with the eagle, It's just 'doing it's thing' and feeding. Nothing new there.

Edit:
    Apparently a student project? Well, it would have been a very heavy load for an Eagle. The wingspan/'lift area' was a bit short for even a temporary lift..... it was borderline. If the Eagle had remained moving, maybe a few feet forward.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 20th December 2012 at 01:06. Reason: Reduce nested quoting depth
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

While you may be correct ... here's why I say that,

Have you ever had a very large eagle circle over you in close proximity? A natural survival instinct kicks in -- you can "feel" the bird. I have had many experiences with this and it is very unsettling -- especially a bird of that size. As soon as that bird made that turn back, the cameraman would have had this instinct triggered and started moving toward the kid or signalling to the others. I could be wrong, but I am actually pretty sure.

I have had this happen to myself on a few occasions, when these birds start swooping in like that, you "feel" it, even if you can't see it right away, but then again, being raised with nature, that may be just "me".
    Just a while back, I killed a squirrel that got into the attic. It's neck had snapped, it was not 100% dead yet. it was brain dead, but still breathing. I had used a baited rat trap.

I brought the squirrel out to the edge of the back yard, which is on the edge of the woods.

I had not seen the local raptor female in months. Yet, as I walked out to the yard, with this offering, It was on the wing and on it's way, coming right at me, about 300 meters out, coming in from the tops of the trees.

edit: at the same time, the local crows, who look forward to the things I bring them, they started screeching to the raptor 'no soup for you!'.

They wanted the squirrel to stop moving and cool off. I never bothered to wait and see what ended up happening -whether the raptor got the hot meal, or if the crows got their chilled one.
    Last edited by Carmody; 20th December 2012 at 01:09.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th December 2012), Lazlo (20th December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (20th December 2012)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    I had not seen the local raptor female in months. Yet, as I walked out to the yard, with this offering, It was on the wing and on it's way, coming right at me, about 300 meters out, coming in from the top of the trees.
    I trust you increased your physical distance from that dying squirrel about that time.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), RMorgan (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    I had not seen the local raptor female in months. Yet, as I walked out to the yard, with this offering, It was on the wing and on it's way, coming right at me, about 300 meters out, coming in from the top of the trees.
    I trust you increased your physical distance from that dying squirrel about that time.
    Oh, I did. Then, as you can see via my edit, it tried to get complicated. I could not solve the thing, as I only had one squirrel - only one bowl of soup. Still warm. The crows like their pizza cold, still on the coffee table (beside the empty beer bottles).

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), noxon medem (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (20th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #52
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by Lazlo (here)
    Quote Posted by SnowyOwl (here)
    Sorry folks this is a hoax from some guys in Montreal, in fact on that day on the mount royal where this is filmed there was snow. It has been easily debunk up here and even in the language we can see slip sideing Snowy
    Thanks for the heads up. I still stand by my statement that eagles are serious business and something like this could happen.
    Agreed Lazlo. Eagles are really bad ass. Getting into a tussle with one would be very bad for a persons health. Fortunately, they are not trouble makers and will not mess with you unless you mess with/disturb them or they think they can make a meal out of you. Our size is the only thing that allows us to appreciate these raptors. If Peanut could talk, I'm sure it would be interesting. I have not watched the video. Sounds too much like something the news would show.

24. Link to Post #53
    New Zealand Avalon Member Tane Mahuta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 times in 726 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    It must have heard about the Hobbit movie and was inspired.
    Merry Christmas modwiz

TM
    "Seek the Truth.....and the Truth shall set you free!!!"

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tane Mahuta For This Post:

modwiz (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

26. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

The Red Elmo hat that the young child was sporting prior to the possible abduction could of influenced this eagle. The color red was the attraction possibly. Just my opinion.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

28. Link to Post #55
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    The Red Elmo hat that the young child was sporting prior to the possible abduction could of influenced this eagle. The color red was the attraction possibly. Just my opinion.
    I think the eagle was thinking, 'super-size me'.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Tane Mahuta (here)
    Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    It must have heard about the Hobbit movie and was inspired.
    Merry Christmas modwiz

TM
    TY TM, and same to you.

29. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Just loving it Rad. Lmao
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

modwiz (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

31. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,142 times in 2,883 posts

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Hey folks,

Guys, I´ve heard about big birds carrying kids away with their claws, but I´ve never seen it on video!

I though it was an urban legend or something like that.

Lucky kid...

Cheers,

Raf.
    On the comments under this video someone writes; "Obama is probably going to ban eagles now".
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Lazlo (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012), Tane Mahuta (20th December 2012)

33. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

But make no mistake ... Golden eagles are vicious hunters, and have been rumoured to carry away small children...

My last pup was almost identical looking to this wolf. And she never had a collar in her whole life... so you can see why the local kids thought she was a wolf.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

35. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

------

Sorry, Folks (genuinely):

http://www.3news.co.nz/Baby-snatchin...5/Default.aspx

Baby-snatching eagle clip confirmed as a hoax

A video that appeared to show an eagle swooping down and picking up a baby from a park in Montreal has been confirmed as a fake.

The clip, uploaded to YouTube yesterday, already has nearly 3 million views.

This morning it was revealed to be a clever animation, produced by students at Montreal animation school Centre NAD.

The school hosts an annual "hoax the internet" exam, and it would appear the creators of this clip have – if you'd excuse the pun – passed with flying colours.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 20th December 2012 at 03:47.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

amandapoet (20th December 2012), Carmody (20th December 2012), Davidallany (20th December 2012), Jake (22nd December 2012), Limor Wolf (21st December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), panopticon (22nd December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012), Teti75 (20th December 2012), WhiteFeather (20th December 2012)

37. Link to Post #60
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

In 1673 Father Marquette from Montreal accompany by Louis Joliette a Wood-runner as we call them, later express in US culture as Daniel Boone, where going down the Mississipi and in the IslesofNuts in french Isles aux Noix (Illinois) not far of King Louis of France City named St-Louis saw sketch on rocks of Piasa Giant Bird. Algonquin speaking tribes spreading from north of Quebec River (St-Laurence River) around Great Lakes as far as Wisonsin and down to St-Louis knows about the North American Dragon known as Piasa meaning in Illini algonquin speaking tribe the bird that devours man. Later Cavalier de la Salle follow the Trail describe decades before and witness too the sketch of Piasa near actual Alton city, Illinois. The legend says that thousand of moons prior to the arrival of the first Europeans, that is Eric le Rouge the Scandinavian Viking around 900, Piasa where numerous and a great threat to all Tribes.
    It is the largest prehistoric earthen construction in the Americas north of Mexico.[3]
    Cahokia Mounds was designated a National Historic Landmark on July 19, 1964, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966.[1]
    In 1982 UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) designated Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site as a World Heritage Site. The park protects 2,200 acres (890 ha), and is the center of continuing archaeological research. This is the only such site in Illinois and among only twenty-one World Heritage Sites in the United States.[5]
    Cahokia was known to be the most active and populous site north of Mexico. Between 20 to 30 000 habitants.
    The Picture above is perceived by Northern as Central and Southern America Shamans as the most North settlement prior to the melting of the Huge Northern Ice cap and the sliding of the Wisconsin Iceberg until its fall in Great Lakes at Niagara.

The Père Marquette Journal as this statement in His Journal,

In 1673, Father Jacques Marquette saw the painting on a limestone bluff overlooking the Mississippi River while exploring the area. He recorded the following description:
    "While Skirting some rocks, which by Their height and length inspired awe, We saw upon one of them two painted monsters which at first made Us afraid, and upon Which the boldest savages dare not Long rest their eyes. They are as large As a calf; they have Horns on their heads Like those of a deer, a horrible look, red eyes, a beard Like a tiger's, a face somewhat like a man's, a body Covered with scales, and so Long A tail that it winds all around the Body, passing above the head and going back between the legs, ending in a Fish's tail. Green, red, and black are the three Colors composing the Picture. Moreover, these 2 monsters are so well painted that we cannot believe that any savage is their author; for good painters in France would find it difficult to reach that place Conveniently to paint them. Here is approximately The shape of these monsters, As we have faithfully Copied It." Later French explorers, like St. Cosme, reported that by 1699 the series of images were badly worn due to the habits of the local Indians to "discharge their weapons" at the images as they passed.

Piasa Was later Romance and deformed in John Russel book of 1836.

An Alton Evening Telegraph newspaper article of May 27, 1921 stated that seven smaller painted images, believed to be of archaic American Indian origin, were found in the early 20th Century approx. 1.5 miles upriver from the ancient "Piasa" creature's location. These pictures were carved and painted in rocks located in the "Levis Bluffs" area by George Dickson and William Turk in 1905. Four of the these paintings were of "an owl, a sun circle, a squirrel, and a piece showing two birds or some kind of animals in a contest", the other 3 paintings were of "a great animal, perhaps a lion, and another an animal about as large as a dog". These paintings were photographed by Prof. William McAdams and were to be placed in his book "Records of Ancient Races in the Mississippi Valley: being an account of some of the pictographs, sculptured hieroglyphs, symbolic devices, emblems and traditions of the prehistoric races of America, with some suggestions as to their origin" William McAdams, C. R. Barns Publishing Co., 1887. {available on Google Books} .

Finally

PICTOGRAPHS AND PETROGLYPHS—THEIR ORIGIN AND USES—THE PIASA,*OR PnjSA.fTHE LARGEST AND MOST WONDERFUL PETROGLYPHS OF THE WORLD—THEIR CLOSE RESEMBLANCE TO THE MANIFOLD DESCRIPTIONS AND NAMES OF THE DEVIL OF THE SCRIPTURES — WHERE, WHEN AND BY WHOM THESE MONSTER PETROGLYPHS WERE DISCOVERED—BUT BY WHOM CONCEIVED AND EXECUTED, AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE, NOW IS, AND PROBABLY EVER WILL BE, A SEALED MYSTERY.
    http://books.google.ca/books?pg=PA1&...AJ&output=text

Many American Hemisphere Shamans are now active in a Internet Network. Today in 2012 Piaza and alikes are perceived as the same as aliens ships, since a lot of Oral Traditions merged both, that is the animal morphogenic description, as in Egypt for instance and mecanical description as in south america, africa, egypt turkey northern india, pakistan and china.

For most of Shamans there is no difference between Quetzecual in the Popol Vuh, Piaza, Chinese Dragons or spaceships since they are all manifestations of flying Spirit, Some are Benevolent some are hungry or thirsday as Piasa was.

The reason that I post this, is as perceived by Shamans, The People Living High (Hochelagans or todays called Montrealais) hoax is just a reminiscence of what was, was is and was is to come.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast