Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

1. Link to Post #61
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Re: Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

Yup. Hoax all right.

I'm pleased to see, though, while it was still "up in the air" about its validity, how many people came to the defense of the eagle. Yay Mother Nature, eh?

And I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Obama would have banned eagles. In fact, if it HAD been legit, I'm thinking that it would not have been long before 'Captain Drone' would have set up a training school for humungous raptors for use by the military. Terrorist babies in their sites? Swoop in! Or, more likely, they could have been used to simply disarm the perp. The hoax certainly seems to have disarmed us.

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)
    Now the government has reason to have all eagles turn in their wings and claws. I suspect, they'll be knocking at their nest doors 3:30 in the morning. Better dot their i's and cross their t's on the search warrants. Make sure it's the right tree address.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Eram (21st December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ------

Sorry, Folks (genuinely):

http://www.3news.co.nz/Baby-snatchin...5/Default.aspx

Baby-snatching eagle clip confirmed as a hoax

A video that appeared to show an eagle swooping down and picking up a baby from a park in Montreal has been confirmed as a fake.

The clip, uploaded to YouTube yesterday, already has nearly 3 million views.

This morning it was revealed to be a clever animation, produced by students at Montreal animation school Centre NAD.

The school hosts an annual "hoax the internet" exam, and it would appear the creators of this clip have – if you'd excuse the pun – passed with flying colours.

Despite all the links and stories of it being a student project below ... this has been a persistent story. Probably because the possibility isn't all that far fetched.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=601979&viewfull=1#post601979

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post601989

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post602011

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post602028

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post602126
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Eram (21st December 2012), modwiz (20th December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 times in 264 posts

Sussing the illusion...
    Wow, without an admission from the creators we still would have no idea it was faked.
    What we should all be thinking is what else have we been fed that's a hoax. Now is when
    our intuition needs to be active. The surface isn't offering clues anymore!
    And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
    And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh. --Nietzsche

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westhill For This Post:

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Quote Posted by 665 plumber of the beast (here)
    Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    Wow. Unbelievable. A warning should go out through the media. Lucky the Kid was just a tad to heavy for the eagle. But a baby could be next. Sheez
    The eagles have to be warned too now, i hope they will not be shot out of the sky now, i call upon the spirit of Jorr to protect all eagles, its people who invaded their space, not the other way around, when eagles start hunting in parks, something is wrong with wildlifenumbers, and thats probably due to humans.

May the Jorr be with them.

To the Jorr

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Apparently a student project so not really a hoax ... give these guys a job! Very well done!! I also do some CGI and I agree -- hard to tell, except that if I saw an eagle that size flying around that low with toddlers around, I'd already be beside my kid. These people had no reaction until after the eagle actually had the kid -- they would have reacted a little sooner in real life, perhaps.
    I can imagine that those closest to the toddler didn't notice the eagle swooping in until the eagle reached the toddler. I doubt eagles make much noise in their "final approach".
    While you may be correct ... here's why I say that,

Have you ever had a very large eagle circle over you in close proximity? A natural survival instinct kicks in -- you can "feel" the bird. I have had many experiences with this and it is very unsettling -- especially a bird of that size. As soon as that bird made that turn back, the cameraman would have had this instinct triggered and started moving toward the kid or signalling to the others. I could be wrong, but I am actually pretty sure.

I have had this happen to myself on a few occasions, when these birds start swooping in like that, you "feel" it, even if you can't see it right away, but then again, being raised with nature, that may be just "me".
    We have huge birds in Arizona, including the great horned owl. One day while I was at work I was in the parking lot and it was the middle of the night. I'm in the northern most habited area of Scottsdale, very sparsely populated with a lot of desert.

I was about to get out of my car when I noticed a pigeon, now this made me say: Hmmmmmm why don't I ever see pigeons this far north? And at that exact moment in the parking lot there was an explosian of feathers and a great horned owl flew away with the pigeon. I had no clue that was about to happen until it happened.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th December 2012), Eram (21st December 2012), Flash (21st December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Researching the sea eagles, has brought me to a new descriptor for imperialistic/fascistic capitalism.

What it's true name and meaning is:

"KleptoParasitism"

Thus, from now on, each time you find me referencing capitalism, you'll probably find me linking this word and definition.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th December 2012), Eram (21st December 2012), RunningDeer (20th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (20th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #67
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Apparently a student project so not really a hoax ... give these guys a job! Very well done!! I also do some CGI and I agree -- hard to tell, except that if I saw an eagle that size flying around that low with toddlers around, I'd already be beside my kid. These people had no reaction until after the eagle actually had the kid -- they would have reacted a little sooner in real life, perhaps.
    I can imagine that those closest to the toddler didn't notice the eagle swooping in until the eagle reached the toddler. I doubt eagles make much noise in their "final approach".
    While you may be correct ... here's why I say that,

Have you ever had a very large eagle circle over you in close proximity? A natural survival instinct kicks in -- you can "feel" the bird. I have had many experiences with this and it is very unsettling -- especially a bird of that size. As soon as that bird made that turn back, the cameraman would have had this instinct triggered and started moving toward the kid or signalling to the others. I could be wrong, but I am actually pretty sure.

I have had this happen to myself on a few occasions, when these birds start swooping in like that, you "feel" it, even if you can't see it right away, but then again, being raised with nature, that may be just "me".
    We have huge birds in Arizona, including the great horned owl. One day while I was at work I was in the parking lot and it was the middle of the night. I'm in the northern most habited area of Scottsdale, very sparsely populated with a lot of desert.

I was about to get out of my car when I noticed a pigeon, now this made me say: Hmmmmmm why don't I ever see pigeons this far north? And at that exact moment in the parking lot there was an explosian of feathers and a great horned owl flew away with the pigeon. I had no clue that was about to happen until it happened.

I wouldn't expect anything less of an horned owl My experiences are from when the eagle was obviously watching me. So I'll admit a bias in perception

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

DNA (21st December 2012), Eram (21st December 2012), Flash (21st December 2012), RunningDeer (21st December 2012)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

I am watching Sky news now and it has proved to have been a massive hoax. Sorry guys...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keltikmuse For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st December 2012), Eram (21st December 2012), RunningDeer (21st December 2012), ThePythonicCow (21st December 2012)

17. Link to Post #69
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Nobody goes through threads anymore ... I guess I'm guilty too, but at least not on this thread!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Eram (21st December 2012), RunningDeer (21st December 2012)

19. Link to Post #70
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,058 times in 909 posts

cgi is getting very good....soon nobody will be able to tell real apart from fake..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20798561

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Eram (21st December 2012), RunningDeer (21st December 2012)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 times in 472 posts

Totally fake, check wired.com

¤=[Post Update]=¤

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...-real-or-fake/
    The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
    -- Maureen Dowd --

22. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

I guess the verdict is in...the news says it's fake and they would never lie to anyone...
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd December 2012), Eram (21st December 2012)

24. Link to Post #73
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Nobody goes through threads anymore ... I guess I'm guilty too, but at least not on this thread!
    Wow this is even more true as I point it out! Since about 75% of the posts in this thread clearly indicate this is a student project or "hoax", leads me to believe that no one reads through threads -- they just want a comment on the thread title or the last post.

This even applies to Bill it appears ... ?

------

A video that appeared to show an eagle swooping down and picking up a baby from a park in Montreal has been confirmed as a fake.

This morning it was revealed to be a clever animation, produced by students at Montreal animation school Centre NAD.

The school hosts an annual "hoax the internet" exam, and it would appear the creators of this clip have – if you'd excuse the pun – passed with flying colours.

Despite all the links and stories of it being a student project below ... this has been a persistent story. Probably because the possibility isn't all that far fetched.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?53322-Golden-Eagle-Snatches-Kid&p=601979&viewfull=1#post601979

This is less than stellar, in my opinion ...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Flash (21st December 2012)

26. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

The teacher had told the kids who made the video that if they were having 100,000 views on youtube, they were getting 100% mark on their homework. He will have to give 1,000% because they hit a few millions viewers. LOL

I am pretty sure employers will be lining up to get them by now - montreal being a international nest (pun intended) of video game making (companies).

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st December 2012)

28. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Wow this is even more true as I point it out! Since about 75% of the posts in this thread clearly indicate this is a student project or "hoax", leads me to believe that no one reads through threads -- they just want a comment on the thread title or the last post.

This even applies to Bill it appears ... ?

------

This is less than stellar, in my opinion ...
    Yes, and it tells you how most threads are probably read. No wonder change is a slow thing.....

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st December 2012)

30. Link to Post #76
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    The teacher had told the kids who made the video that if they were having 100,000 views on youtube, they were getting 100% mark on their homework. He will have to give 1,000% because they hit a few millions viewers. LOL

I am pretty sure employers will be lining up to get them by now - montreal being a international nest (pun intended) of video game making (companies).
    Damn rights! As a casual gamer, I take pride in the fact some of the worlds best games are made in Canada -- EA games, Ubisoft Montreal -- just to name two

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Flash (21st December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4