Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 times in 408 posts

Default Medical Cannabis / Marijuana

2. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Marijuana promotes brain cell growth

Good thing brain cell per se have nothing to do with intelligence, or else the old "women have smaller brains than men who have smaller brains than elephants - so whos the smartest?" question would make sense.

If you ever had an OBE you'll rightfully doubt that your physical brain has anything to do with thinking or perceiving at all.
    and my THC consuming friends certainly didnt get any smarter over the years - IMO - if I am wrong in that one I myself need a perception overhaul.

maybe he's talking about tumor braincells??

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by samvado (here)
    If you ever had an OBE you'll rightfully doubt that your physical brain has anything to do with thinking or perceiving at all.
    and my THC consuming friends certainly didnt get any smarter over the years - IMO - if I am wrong in that one I myself need a perception overhaul.
    I don't even know if we can talk about this stuff here, but I will say this; Marijuana does not cause any significant damage to the brain or otherwise any of the body, the entire conspiracy here is to do with governments deeming it illegal whilst ultimately controlling the drug flow behind the scenes. So the only reason its illegal (in most countries) is because there are those who would like to generate major profit without being held accountable. Fact: Cannabis and its variables are "soft" substances that are constantly attacked with propaganda, when anyone whose had experience knows that Alchohol is a far more dangerous substance and can easily incite violent behavior, yet it is legal and socially acceptable in most places.

4. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Redtailhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a very well known scientist, consciousness researcher tell me, "You know why pot is illegal? Because it teaches you to think for yourself...."

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

I smoked for 20 years and while I did not get any smarter, I sure became rebellious. And you should have seen what an x-ray of my lungs looked like - yuck!!! Been clean for a while now and have no intention of going back. PS. My memory is much better as well as overall health.

6. Link to Post #6
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by Majorion (here)
    I don't even know if we can talk about this stuff here, but I will say this; Marijuana does not cause any significant damage to the brain or otherwise any of the body, the entire conspiracy here is to do with governments deeming it illegal whilst ultimately controlling the drug flow behind the scenes. So the only reason its illegal (in most countries) is because there are those who would like to generate major profit without being held accountable. Fact: Cannabis and its variables are "soft" substances that are constantly attacked with propaganda, when anyone whose had experience knows that Alchohol is a far more dangerous substance and can easily incite violent behavior, yet it is legal and socially acceptable in most places.
    There are guidelines here to prevent the promotion of the use or sale of banned substannces, this thread however is not doing that it is providing information on medical effect as well as the reasons behind the criminalization of the plant.

So here it is,
    Many people assume that marijuana was made illegal through some kind of process involving scientific, medical, and government hearings; that it was to protect the citizens from what was determined to be a dangerous drug.
    The actual story shows a much different picture. Those who voted on the legal fate of this plant never had the facts, but were dependent on information supplied by those who had a specific agenda to deceive lawmakers. You’ll see below that the very first federal vote to prohibit marijuana was based entirely on a documented lie on the floor of the Senate.
    You’ll also see that the history of marijuana’s criminalization is filled with:
    • Racism
    • Fear
    • Protection of Corporate Profits
    • Yellow Journalism
    • Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
    • Personal Career Advancement and Greed
    These are the actual reasons marijuana is illegal.

Much More Here

7. Link to Post #7
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by Majorion (here)
    I don't even know if we can talk about this stuff here, but I will say this; Marijuana does not cause any significant damage to the brain or otherwise any of the body, the entire conspiracy here is to do with governments deeming it illegal whilst ultimately controlling the drug flow behind the scenes. So the only reason its illegal (in most countries) is because there are those who would like to generate major profit without being held accountable. Fact: Cannabis and its variables are "soft" substances that are constantly attacked with propaganda, when anyone whose had experience knows that Alcohol is a far more dangerous substance and can easily incite violent behavior, yet it is legal and socially acceptable in most places.
    There are guidelines here to prevent the promotion of the use or sale of banned substances, this thread however is not doing that it is providing information on medical effect as well as the reasons behind the criminalization of the plant.

So here it is,
    Many people assume that marijuana was made illegal through some kind of process involving scientific, medical, and government hearings; that it was to protect the citizens from what was determined to be a dangerous drug.
    The actual story shows a much different picture. Those who voted on the legal fate of this plant never had the facts, but were dependent on information supplied by those who had a specific agenda to deceive lawmakers. You’ll see below that the very first federal vote to prohibit marijuana was based entirely on a documented lie on the floor of the Senate.
    You’ll also see that the history of marijuana’s criminalization is filled with:
    • Racism
    • Fear
    • Protection of Corporate Profits
    • Yellow Journalism
    • Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
    • Personal Career Advancement and Greed
    Those are the actual reasons marijuana is illegal.

One of the main men on the front lines on the war on pot in the 1930's was William Randolph Hurst.
    Hearst sympathized with Harry J. Anslinger in his war against marijuana. Between 1936 and 1937, Hearst associated marijuana with hemp in his newspapers and published many of the stories that Anslinger fabricated. Hearst played a major part in aiding the anti-marijuana movement, leading to its prohibition in the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937, a law which also effectively outlawed hemp.
    Many believe that Hearst's paper empire (he owned hundreds of acres of timber forests and a vast number of paper mills designed to manufacture paper from wood pulp) in the early 1930s was threatened by hemp, which:
    1) like wood pulp, could also be used to manufacture paper and
    2) also had an advantage over wood pulp, because it could be regrown yearly as well

Much More Here

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

The beneficial effects of cannabis are numerous. I would not say that it increases nor decreases intelligence, but it definitely has a noticeable effect on the mind. For me, it increases my ability to understand new concepts, which would normally be quite hard to understand in my normal state of awareness. I find that I am able to form longer streams of thought, and in a unique manner, logic and intuition seem to meld together in perfect synergy.
    As an artist, it very drastically increases creativity and novelty in my work.
    It seems to unlock previously barred doors in the mind and allows the out-pour of information on a scale not previously possible.
    It takes meditation to a new level, increases psychic ability, and it was the initiating factor in my spiritual awakening.
    Psychedelic plants and compounds have much potential and could initiate revolutionary changes in human awareness were it made available in the proper manner to the general public.

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Solphilos (here)
    As an artist, it very drastically increases creativity and novelty in my work.
    It seems to unlock previously barred doors in the mind and allows the out-pour of information on a scale not previously possible.

Indeed, and without 'admitting' to previously using marijuana on a very rare basis, I would agree with you that it certainly increases and unlocks SOME thing within, in order to allow one to be more creative (at the very least). Especially when writing poetry. The great part about it is that when one's state returns to boring normality, one might often be surprised by the resultant prose. Or other such written effect/s. Apparently.

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Marijuana is Medicine. To be taken under a Doctors prescription. MJ can be used to treat Arthritis Pain, Nausea, and Mild Depression, among other things.
    Currently in the USA we have 600,000 Inmates who have been convicted under Marijuana Laws. about 150,000 of those for simple possession. While at the same time in several States a quick visit to the Doctors Office followed by a stop at one of the many CO-OPs or by simply placing a phone call to a delivery service, a person is within their legal rights, to possess and use marijuana.

Do I think It increases cognition? no I do not. Do I think Young People should use it? No I do not. However we need to fully legalize Marijuana, Tax it like a Mad Man and let some non violent offenders out of Stir.
    Last edited by Dougall; 28th March 2010 at 18:58.
    Perception is Everything

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

It is no coinicidence that pot is illegal...it has been well known by the establishment that it helps to bridge the right hemisphere brain and promote 'free thinking' and creativity. This is a big nono! easier to dumb one down with alcohol and provide other illegal substances that restrict ones ability to function with there own mind. Of course anything used in access is bad for you...

The indoor hydro pot is again no coincidence, It has been assumed that its growth in the industry is due to cultivators trying to produce the supreme 'weed' however this is a scam in its self. The avaliable 'hydro' products and artificial growing medium is allowed for sale in most western countries now, tho cultivating pot is illegal...just look at the heroin/cocaine, also illegal but run and supported by 'you know who' and the indoor pot industry is NO DIFFERENT and is thriving.
    This type of pot is not good for you period! It saddens me that I witness some of our young ppls consuming this type of pot. I believe it has been manipulated and promoted because it is bad for you, full of chemicals and produced by artificial light and a very high potency which is highly dangerous if consumed in any amount.

If one was to consume pot for health reasons, 'thinking' creativity etc then outdoor, organically produced is a far better option.

Peace
    Last edited by Ross; 28th March 2010 at 08:25.

12. Link to Post #12
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,720 times in 462 posts

I oftern think of the quote "if God did not want people using Marijuana he wouldn't have put it as a natural plant on the earth". I think the benefits of this drug are huge if used correctly. I personally do not use it, however, people that are ill I can understand the reason why. However, this needs to be removed from Governments control. The Dutch system of having it legal I feel is FANTASTIC!

With regards to the brain cell growth element of it, if it is on mainstream Media, I will question it!
    Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Ha! I can tell this is going to be a looooooooooooooooong and popular thread!

It angers me that some invisible (to me personally) governmental structure has the right to tell ME what I can and can't do. I'm a responsible adult and I pre-think my actions prior to taking risks. Still, I know that some people do abuse the stuff, act out of sorts, harm others perhaps, but can't you law making peoples see from MY history that I'm not like that!

How I hate it when the minority ruins it for the majority.

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tamara (here)
    Ha! I can tell this is going to be a looooooooooooooooong and popular thread!

It angers me that some invisible (to me personally) governmental structure has the right to tell ME what I can and can't do. I'm a responsible adult and I pre-think my actions prior to taking risks. Still, I know that some people do abuse the stuff, act out of sorts, harm others perhaps, but can't you law making peoples see from MY history that I'm not like that!

How I hate it when the minority ruins it for the majority.
    couldnt agree more

it sickes me that herbs such a cannabis are banned, ethnobotanicals have been used for thousands of years for shamanic, spiritual and medicinal reasons.....way before alcohol was deliberatly made. with care and attention these plants have a benifical and positive reason for being, to me its like someone saying oh you cant injest valerian root or cabbages. how can a plant be banned? from use? madness. then of course tptb pump the population full of nasty chemicals, additives and e numbers in food/drinks, flouride in water, toothpaste (well not ours lol) crop spraying, spraying the air, dumping stuff in our water etc etc fed up with this insane world.......want out big time, feels like finding an unhabited island and live there, become a freeman (woman) and say sod the lot of them,
    love m x

love m x

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Couldn't agree more. Entheogenic plants have a long, shared history with the human species, and just about every civilization had at least one particular plant teacher in use.
    Now, in these days most of these plants are shunned and the drugs of choice are caffeine, alcohol and nicotine, and look at the differences in our society as opposed to those who still use these plants for spiritual purposes!

Many of the answers sought by the average spiritual seeker, hell, by the average person in general, are available with proper use of many of the plants in question.
    I have always questioned things from the beginning, cannabis made me aware of a higher levels of awareness, and Ayahuasca showed me directly the higher levels of being where it is quite obvious that we are all one, and that the illusion of separation in the manifest universe is simply that, an illusion; that there is no death, as through direct obliteration of the ego I was made aware of the limitlessness of consciousness, and how ludicrous it was that I could actually fit inside such a small body!
    At this time I was an "average" person with no previous knowledge of this oneness that is spoken about in so many cultures and belief systems, it was all dumped on me in a four hour period with a simple cocktail made of a few wild botanicals. Most people follow a rigorous spiritual path for years before they reach this point; some still have not experienced it directly.
    Imagine if such a large number of people across the world experienced this sort of thing; I think the world would change within weeks.
    Last edited by Solphilos; 28th March 2010 at 15:39.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

16. Link to Post #16
    Language
    Music
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 423 posts

And alcohol is never made sense to me.

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

With great regards to all you Divine Beings. Is it not better to achieve altered states of consciousness through focus and controlled concentration that through the ingestion of dubious physical substances. Our brains are the most fabulous organic receivers ever conceived IMHO and without them functioning perfectly one is certainly disabled and challenged. After all, one cannot cheat their way to Unlimited Consciousness. In the end we are what we focus upon. There are no wrong paths, only paths that lead to wisdom. My Blessings to you all.

18. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ross (here)
    It is no coinicidence that pot is illegal...it has been well known by the establishment that it helps to bridge the right hemisphere brain and promote 'free thinking' and creativity. This is a big nono! easier to dumb one down with alcohol and provide other illegal substances that restrict ones ability to function with there own mind. Of course anything used in access is bad for you...
    Peace
    Interesting topic as I was just talking about this yesterday! Completely agree with the comment by Ross, above, about alcohol and how it is promoted and pushed upon us- to keep sheeples dumbed down. And then if a person becomes addicted and wants to get better, what is the "approved" choice for them but AA. Into another form of dumbed down- telling people they are powerless and can't control themselves and only God will save them. I know some people may not like that statement about AA- but that's the way I see it and I've had plenty of experience in the arena of alcoholism.

Another interesting aspect that my friend pointed out to me yesterday about alcohol and our government- the big business of drunk driving. We were talking about how much money is made by the states (at least ours) when people are arrested for drunk driving. If people stopped drinking and consequently, drunk driving, there would be a lot of lost revenue for the states. I was at our local courthouse last week, and the docket for that week alone had at least 15 drunk driving hearings- many of them repeat offenders.

I also agree with various people's comments about pot and how it may assist some in opening their mind and thinking creatively. I have used it in the past for these purposes- when I am in a rut mentally, or stuck on an issue, sometimes it can help me to see things differently, in a positive light.
    Last edited by Niobe; 2nd April 2010 at 15:38.

19. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

sorry for some reason I ended up posting the same message twice.
    Last edited by Niobe; 2nd April 2010 at 15:37. Reason: duplicate entry

20. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Candeisr (here)
    With great regards to all you Divine Beings. Is it not better to achieve altered states of consciousness through focus and controlled concentration that through the ingestion of dubious physical substances. Our brains are the most fabulous organic receivers ever conceived IMHO and without them functioning perfectly one is certainly disabled and challenged. After all, one cannot cheat their way to Unlimited Consciousness. In the end we are what we focus upon. There are no wrong paths, only paths that lead to wisdom. My Blessings to you all.
    Quite the contrary, I would like to respectfully disagree.

Psychedelic compounds offer the utmost potential for spiritual growth, depending on the individual.
    I'm not speaking of just "dubious" substances, but plants that have been used for thousands of years by mankind, perhaps longer. Take Ayahuasca for instance. This mixture contains the psychedelic amine DMT, or Dimethyltryptamine.

When ingested, DMT acts almost immediately upon the serotonin receptors and the effects are felt almost immediately. One almost immediately feels the effects of the drug, which is very similar to advanced meditative states of consciousness. In my own personal experience, this includes entity contact, out of body travel, complete transcendence of the ego/personality complex, omnipresence, knowledge of future events, etc, etc.
    After the effects begin to fade, they do so rapidly and one is left feeling quite blissful, even euphoric, with a sense of fulfillment and revitalized health. Not to mention several sessions in Brasil cured me of a chronic hearth issue that previously crippled my experience here.

There is also some evidence to support the theory that DMT is produced in the body, and the effects of DMT do indeed feel quite natural, with no side-effects as other drugs do.
    After my own experiences, I could enter meditative states quite quickly and deeply, and my own journey to self-knowledge took a great leap forward. Sure, I would agree that one can achieve great things "naturally", i.e. without these plant helpers, but is it a "better" way? Hell no.

I agree, that our brains are fantastic receivers, but before one can receive anything clearly one must first learn how. With these chemical/plant tools, you can skip all of the B.S. that is out there in the world, most especially in the new age/spiritual community, and go directly to source.
    Some may call it a shortcut, but this would also be an illusion, as if there is a shortcut, then we must make the assumption that we are after some goal that lies far beyond the horizon.
    For those who believe such things, then no, there are no shortcuts, because for those, the distance and the journey may, in fact, be the destination.
    For others, these plants may prove to be superior allies.
    Last edited by Solphilos; 2nd April 2010 at 15:54.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 11 25 LastLast