+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 3 13 25 LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis / Marijuana

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Default Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

I remember at one time - before I woke up to the system - when somebody said to me that the reason marijuana/hemp was illegal was because the government wanted you working and paying taxes.
    I just laughed because I thought she was making a joke.

Now, I think there's a lot to that - maybe not so much as it being about working and paying taxes - but the system doesn't want people being responsible for its own health care. Big pharma doesn't make money that way.
    And considering the mint they make on the effects of stress alone, well, it's no wonder they have made it illegal. Certainly it's not because they're concerned for our heath - flouridated water lays rest to any concern they may have over our general well being.

As far as people abusing the uses of marijuana/hemp - that is simply a sign that people are desperately unhappy with this unnnatural system in which they live and are trying to escape it. Remove the marijuana and they will escape it through other drugs and/or alcohol - with far more lasting damage, to the health of others as well as their own.

Abuse of anything is unhealthy and reveals an underlying psychological problem.

Personally, I don't think anybody in this world has the right to tell you what plant you can and can't take from this green earth - and imo people who believe marijuana/hemp is bad or unhealthy have merely been influenced by the government/media propoganda about it.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

AlkaMyst (27th January 2011), IronicDestiny (15th February 2011), kevlor (28th January 2011), pilotsimone (27th January 2011), red_rose (16th February 2011), Sol Phoenix (2nd February 2011), TWINNICK (28th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

It is not the smoking of Hemp that is being promoted as helpful, it is the ingestion of the Hemp oil that is promoted as having the medicinal effect and curative properties.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rozzy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (27th January 2011), Joanne Shepard (3rd May 2014), pilotsimone (27th January 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

its the same thing but eating it is better.
    Chris....... Free your mind

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slipknotted For This Post:

AlkaMyst (29th January 2011), Sol Phoenix (15th February 2011)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

cant wait to get my drug test done its been a year since getting high i have 4 disc's in my lower back the bulged and herniated its great for me i would rather do that than taking meds all my life for pain
    Chris....... Free your mind

8. The Following User Says Thank You to slipknotted For This Post:

AlkaMyst (28th January 2011)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member AlkaMyst's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

Teakai
    Quote I remember at one time - before I woke up to the system - when somebody said to me that the reason marijuana/hemp was illegal was because the government wanted you working and paying taxes.
    I just laughed because I thought she was making a joke.
    I have hear that one before also.....LMAO!

Quote Now, I think there's a lot to that - maybe not so much as it being about working and paying taxes - but the system doesn't want people being responsible for its own health care. Big pharma doesn't make money that way.
    My point EXACTLY!!!

Quote And considering the mint they make on the effects of stress alone, well, it's no wonder they have made it illegal. Certainly it's not because they're concerned for our heath - flouridated water lays rest to any concern they may have over our general well being.
    Preach on Teakai, Preach On!.....Now that's a good one, why isn't anybody questioning the fluoride??? Now that causes some really long term problems, but who cares just forget about the fluoride and let's concentrate on pot (A natural plant) which KILLS YOU and It gives us a reason why to spend $80 billion (YESSSS....you read that right $80 BILLION DOLLARS) of your tax money to fight the War On Drugs or should I say "THE WAR ON POT" because it has no medicinal value and it KILLS!!!.......Give me a break!!!

Quote As far as people abusing the uses of marijuana/hemp - that is simply a sign that people are desperately unhappy with this unnnatural system in which they live and are trying to escape it. Remove the marijuana and they will escape it through other drugs and/or alcohol - with far more lasting damage, to the health of others as well as their own.
    Right On!!!!.....Ain't that the TRUTH!!!

Quote Abuse of anything is unhealthy and reveals an underlying psychological problem.
    With all due respect my dear friend, I would have to disagree on this one!....We humans are abusive by nature and we abuse many things on a daily basis, for example: "Being in this Forum or the Internet all day long" that's abusive!....but the question comes in is who's anyone to tell anyone when they are abusing something or not as the tolerance varies from person to person. We (Humans) are not on this planet to judge anyone but on the contrary to help one another and sincerely think about it!, there's not a day that goes by where we don't judge someone......we do it without knowing and we think that the only way that people should see the worlds is exactly as we see it and that's an impossible thing to ask of anybody as no two people perceive the world in the same manner!!!

Quote Personally, I don't think anybody in this world has the right to tell you what plant you can and can't take from this green earth - and imo people who believe marijuana/hemp is bad or unhealthy have merely been influenced by the government/media propoganda about it.
    This is exactly my point.....No one should be allowed to tell anyone what they should or should not take as far as their health is concern, it's your body and the decision lies on the person themselves!!!

PS
    Thank you for your input Teakai.....It's very much valued and appreciated!!!

Rozzy
    Quote It is not the smoking of Hemp that is being promoted as helpful, it is the ingestion of the Hemp oil that is promoted as having the medicinal effect and curative properties.
    You hit it right on the spot......Thank you Rozzy!!!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

"If I were you?, Who would I be?
    If I were you?, Will I still be me?
    Who's are they, this eyes through which I see?
    Looking, Looking Back at Me"

Taken from the Documentary -"Who's Driving The Dreambus"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

NancyV (28th January 2011), pilotsimone (27th January 2011)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Smile Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

slipknoted
    Quote cant wait to get my drug test done its been a year since getting high i have 4 disc's in my lower back the bulged and herniated its great for me i would rather do that than taking meds all my life for pain
    I'm quite sorry to hear that you are in constant pain.....Why do you have to wait for a drug test?.....I don't quite understand?

Well, I tell you that taking cannabis for pain is the safest thing on the planet, and there are no side effects either!!!.....did you know that at least 500 people die every year of Aspirin alone?

How many from Cannabis?

Quote its the same thing but eating it is better.
    BINGO.......DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

Blessings,

AlkaMyst
    Last edited by AlkaMyst; 27th January 2011 at 23:53.
    Food for Thought.......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

pilotsimone (27th January 2011)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

deleted post
    Last edited by pilotsimone; 17th July 2015 at 15:57.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

pilotsimone
    Quote Just when I thought I couldn't love you anymore, AlkaMyst. You go and post something this smart and this important.

Thank you and keep shining the Light! Clearly, the 'Reefer Madness' hoax is on it's last leg.

Thank you so much my friend, I'm most humbled at your comment....

And just remember that You and Chris are always on my prayers......Much Love, Peace and Blessings!!!

AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

pilotsimone (28th January 2011)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,649 times in 786 posts

I am always looking for alternative medicine that works. Here is a web site that might help some. http://phoenixtears.ca/

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benevolentcrow For This Post:

AlkaMyst (28th January 2011), pilotsimone (30th January 2011)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

benevolentcrow
    Quote I am always looking for alternative medicine that works. Here is a web site that might help some. http://phoenixtears.ca/
    WOW, Nice......Thanks so much benevolentcrow, I wasn't aware of this site....I'm researching it as we speak, it's nice to see that Rick's Work and Word are getting out.

Just for those who don't know, this man has been incarcerated for growing and sharing this medicine with terminal ill patients for free......HE DIDN"T MAKE ANY MONEY!!!!

I guess that's what you get when you try and help humanity!!!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

20. Link to Post #51
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

From all the research i've done on Cannabis/Hemp i came to the conclusion this plant is truly remarkable.

Its vast industrial use with no need for pesticides/herbicides or the danger of deforestation since it grows in 4 months and can be done indoors non-stop all year. The biggest cash crop in the world.

Its Medicine uses were already discussed in previous posts, i mostly agree with AlkaMyst.

Obviously this plant represents a great threat to some fat cats (big business) such as oil industry and pharmaceutics.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NunoSav For This Post:

AlkaMyst (28th January 2011), IronicDestiny (15th February 2011), pilotsimone (30th January 2011), Sol Phoenix (2nd February 2011)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

NunoSav

Quote From all the research i've done on Cannabis/Hemp i came to the conclusion this plant is truly remarkable.
    I believe you, and thank you for sharing this....it's hard not to see this once you really research the issue at hand!!!

Quote Its vast industrial use with no need for pesticides/herbicides or the danger of deforestation since it grows in 4 months and can be done indoors non-stop all year. The biggest cash crop in the world.
    Yes it is.....this is where all the money for the "War On Drugs" goes to, I wonder why???

Quote Its Medicine uses were already discussed in previous posts, i mostly agree with AlkaMyst.
    Thank you NunoSav! I really appreciate it.

Quote Obviously this plant represents a great threat to some fat cats (big business) such as oil industry and pharmaceutics.
    Yessssss........it does! And this is what really makes me believe that you have truly done a deep research into the matter!!!!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

23. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Hi Everyone,

For those who still think that "Big Pharma" Still has your best interest and health at hand, please check out this documentary.....if nothing else open your eyes, I hope this does!!!

Big Bucks Big Pharma

PS

This are also great documentaries........

Grass: The History Of Marijuana
    [/B]

How Weed Won The West

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Last edited by AlkaMyst; 28th January 2011 at 02:13.
    Food for Thought.......

24. Link to Post #54
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

Quote (Alkamyst) Tell me what are they doing to you when they give people Chemo? THEY ARE PUTTING RADIATION IN ONE"S BODY, but that does no harm right?
    The effects of radiation and chemotherapy are distinctly different. Neither treatment is ideal, of course, but the rationale behind each is to make them as selective as possible for the condition being treated. Each method has to undergo strict protocols before being unleashed on the public. The only place for experimentation is with the patient's informed consent. Such patients are usually chosen when their condition is so advanced that they have nothing to lose.

Alkamyst, thanks for posting all these references, which I found most interesting. Now, the theme of this thread is the value of THC (in hemp oil) in "curing cancer". Out of all the links you posted, 69 Peer-Reviewed Studies on Marijuana seems the most factual one. In it, I could find only three studies of relevance. None were actually performed on people.

Animal Studies #1 (2003)
    Quote Local administration induced a considerable growth inhibition of malignant tumors generated by inoculation of epidermal tumor cells into nude mice. Cannabinoid-treated tumors showed an increased number of apoptotic cells...

These results support a new therapeutic approach [cannabis-based ointment] for the treatment of skin tumors.
    http://www.jci.org/articles/view/16116
    There are other cancer-killing ointments available such as 5-fluorouracil. The risk is that incomplete eradication may mask recurrence. Cannabis may inhibit the tumor but is not tumoricidal, so does not appear significantly better than other methods currently available. However, topical use does not cause psychotropic side-effects.

Animal Studies #2 (2004)
    Quote (from Wikipedia) A study by Complutense University of Madrid found the chemicals in marijuana promotes the death of brain cancer cells by essentially helping them feed upon themselves in a process called autophagy. The research team discovered that cannabinoids such as THC had anticancer effects in mice with human brain cancer cells and in people with brain tumors. When mice with the human brain cancer cells received the THC, the tumor shrank. Using electron microscopes to analyze brain tissue taken both before and after a 26- to 30-day THC treatment regimen, the researchers found that THC eliminated cancer cells while leaving healthy cells intact.[62] The patients did not have any toxic effects from the treatment; previous studies of THC for the treatment of cancer have also found the therapy to be well tolerated. However, the mechanisms which promote THC's tumor cell–killing action are unknown.[62]
    This sounds a bit more hopeful in this malignant condition which is highly invasive, with a high recurrence rate and thus mortality. A more recent study (2008) at the same university may be found here. However, THC's effect is inhibitory rather than curative.

Human studies #42 (2007 taken from original article)
    Quote ...for three weeks, researchers injected standard doses of THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells, and found that tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 percent in treated animals compared to a control group. There was also about a 60 percent reduction in cancer lesions on the lungs in these mice as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression, Preet says.

Although the researchers do not know why THC inhibits tumor growth, they say the substance could be activating molecules that arrest the cell cycle. They speculate that THC may also interfere with angiogenesis and vascularization, which promotes cancer growth.

Preet says much work is needed to clarify the pathway by which THC functions, and cautions that some animal studies have shown that THC can stimulate some cancers. "THC offers some promise, but we have a long way to go before we know what its potential is," she said.

http://www.aacr.org/home/public--med...007.aspx?d=744
    Also reported here:
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417193338.htm
    [Editor's Note: Although this study was not conducted on humans, it was performed using human cells in a test tube which is why we have classified it under the "Human Studies" category.]

Yes, marijuana can be a two-edged sword!

Quote How Cannabis Suppresses Immune Functions: Cannabis Compounds Found to Trigger Unique Immune Cells Which Promote Cancer Growth
    ScienceDaily (Nov. 26, 2010) — An international team of immunologists studying the effects of cannabis have discovered how smoking marijuana can trigger a suppression of the body's immune functions. The research, published in the European Journal of Immunology, reveals why cannabis users are more susceptible to certain types of cancers and infections.
    Quote Marijuana Damages DNA And May Cause Cancer, New Test Reveals
    ScienceDaily (June 15, 2009) — Using a highly sensitive new test, scientists in Europe are reporting "convincing evidence" that marijuana smoke damages the genetic material DNA in ways that could increase the risk of cancer.
    Although this is a forum for conspiracy theories and bashing globalized corporations, the fact remains that well-established protocols for proving or disproving the validity of new treatments takes precedence over everything else. And it has to - there is too much at stake. Heads will roll and careers and companies ruined if these standards are not enforced. There is too much competition at the top. First there are test-tube (in vitro) experiments, followed by animal and later human (in vivo) experiments, meaning large-scale clinical trials. All these are expensive but the end results are reproducible, standardized treatments which can be prescribed with confidence.

Remember:
    No matter how inviting a particular drug treatment appears in isolation (such as acupuncture, THC), its proper place can only be found by comparing its benefits and disadvantages with those of all the other treatments available for that condition. This is the decision every medical practitioner has to make for each patient. In other words, each new treatment has to be seen in perspective.

To say that a particular drug has a place in the treatment of a condition is quite different from saying that it is a cure for it.

True progess is often painfully slow (and expensive), but to acquire merit, results must be reproducible in more than one laboratory.

I'm not saying that Big Pharma is deliberately suppressing research into THC (since Little Pharma will be quick to score off such a gambit) only that the social downside of marijuana addiction is significant enough to warrant a great deal of extra caution before specific uses for THC can be advocated.

This to me is a bloody sight more sensible approach than using one's body as a guinea pig by swigging THC oil laced with toxic solvents on the limited anecdotal evidence provided by a Canadian farmer.
    Last edited by str8thinker; 28th January 2011 at 02:27.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

26. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

hmm...i have mixed feelings on this one...

To my knowledge cannibis is useful in pain, bladder infections, kidney infection, muscus expectorant and insomnia..
    I believe it's possible it may have helped in some's experience but my own grandmother died of cancer and
    she used cannibis for pain...didn't help her there.
    In fact cannibis prescriptions are very popular amounst cancer patients who are going terminal.
    I might mention also my grandmother wasn't terminal when she started using it.

however something that truly has been proven to cure cancer that they keep from you is vitamin D3.
    they commonly recommend 1000iu a day but recent studies prove the average person needs at least 5000 iu a day.
    Even that varies by genetics (darker skinned typically need more)
    D3 is sunlight in pill form, because we don't hunt and forage we don't get nearly enough of it.
    Best taken throughout the day and it makes you feel really happy too!

Also for one who already has cancer, large doses of liquid vitamin c, showed a complete turnaround in a man who had terminal cancer
    with developing luekimia. It not only made the cancer do a complete turnover but the luekimia signs vanished!
    naturally now the gov wants to ban it due to "patenting issues" but it's truly because curing cancer will make them loose $$ in those charities and such.

Those who want to prevent it and this goes for all of you
    1.) organic food because it hasn't been genetically modified and typically doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup
    Hfcs when found naturally in fresh fruit is safe, but there are large chemically created amounts in many non organic foods,
    (this is the number one energy source for cancer)
    If it says natural sugar and not cane sugar it's probably genetically modified beet sugars (since ppl were catching on to the hfcs they changed it to make it sound healthy)
    but "natural sugar is still genetically modified if it's not organic, and gmo'd foods not only drastically increase chance of cancer but a wealth of other health problems.
    I might also add that anything that says "all natural" without the usda symbol, can be genetically modified.

There is way more info here >mercola.com< it has free information, he's an independant doctor who works with many scientists/professionals/and specialists to make the public more healthy.
    He does offer his own line of products to help provide people with what they need and to keep his site going.
    He is an outcast to the health industry because he believes in starting at the root of things and preventing illness not treating symtoms and also calls out their shenanigans.

When you read what he has to say about gmos and other surprising harmful ingredients in food,
    you will understand more about why people like charles, myself and many many others stick to organic foods.
    Sure organics cost more but a change in diet can save you thousands in hospital bills later.

Antibiotics are anti life...so if you're feeling sick why kill yourself on the inside?
    70% of your immune system is located in the intestines and depends on that healthy lil bacteria to do its job...
    yet they tell you to poison them when you're sick? make sure to see what he says about vaccines as well
    sorry so off topic. wellbeing is one of my favorite subjects...

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sowelu For This Post:

AlkaMyst (28th January 2011), kevlor (28th January 2011)

28. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Quote Posted by AlkaMyst (here)
    With all due respect my dear friend, I would have to disagree on this one!....We humans are abusive by nature and we abuse many things on a daily basis, for example: "Being in this Forum or the Internet all day long" that's abusive!....AlkaMyst
    I'd disagree on this Alkamyst. Abuse is abuse is abuse. Abuse is harmful and negative and exploitative. Where do you see the harm in being on the interent all day?

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

AlkaMyst (28th January 2011), TWINNICK (28th January 2011)

30. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

str8thinker
    Quote The effects of radiation and chemotherapy are distinctly different. Neither treatment is ideal, of course, but the rationale behind each is to make them as selective as possible for the condition being treated. Each method has to undergo strict protocols before being unleashed on the public. The only place for experimentation is with the patient's informed consent. Such patients are usually chosen when their condition is so advanced that they have nothing to lose.
    Exactly what Rick does......he gets the patients consent and all of them have been sent home by their Dr.'s to die, so no difference there except that one is natural and the other is not (not to mention that the Dr.'s have no clue onto what it is that they are prescribing you, due to the fact that Pharmaceutical companies don't have to tell you exactly what is it that is on their medicines.) Think I'm lying, go to your medicine cabinet and pick any medication you like (it could be aspirin for all I care....and better yet, since it's such a common over the counter medicine that everyone takes) and go through what it actually contains and you will find that the main ingredient is Triacetin.....and what is Triacetin one may ask???

Per Wikipedia......
    Quote The triglyceride 1,2,3-triacetoxypropane is more generally known as triacetin and glycerin triacetate. It is the triester of glycerol and acetic acid.

It is an artificial chemical compound, commonly used as a food additive, for instance as a solvent in flavourings, and for its humectant function, with E number E1518 and Australian approval code A1518. Triacetin is also a component of casting liquor with TG and as an excipient in pharmaceutical products where it is used as a humectant, a plasticizer, and as a solvent.[3]

Triacetin can also be used as a fuel additive as an antiknock agent which can reduce engine knocking in gasoline, and to improve cold and viscosity properties of biodiesel.

In a 1994 report released by five top cigarette companies, triacetin was listed as one of the 599 cigarette additives. [1] The triacetin is applied to the filter as a plasticizer.[4]

Because it is in some sense the simplest possible fat after glyceryl triformate, it has been considered as a possible source of food energy in artificial food regeneration systems on long space missions. It is believed to be safe to get over half of one's dietary energy from triacetin.[5]
    I need say no more, and that's just aspirin.....now tell me you really know what's in prescription drugs?.....I challenge anyone to research the prescriptions that they are currently taking (That is, given you or your physician knows what the drug actually contains and then tell me after doing an accurate research if any of the stuff that this companies put in their so called "Medicines" are any good to the human body?)

But hold on, now let me introduce you to Dr. James Howenstine, MD as he has quite a few things to say in the matter!!!

Original Source
    Quote STAY AWAY FROM CHEMOTHERAPY AND RADIATION

By Dr. James Howenstine, MD.
    November 21, 2009
    NewsWithViews.com

For many years it has been known to well informed individuals within the medical community that chemotherapy and radiation were quite toxic and essentially worthless in the management of malignancies. This information is carefully covered up by our controlled media so that these two methods of therapy are regarded by lay persons as the proven therapy for malignancies. Like lemmings going over a cliff the general public lines up for these therapies and nearly all treated persons proceed to die.

To the person who inquires how can an essentially worthless therapy continue to be used the answer is simple. It is all about money. Chemotherapy drugs bring in more than a trillion dollars annually to the pharmaceutical industry. Oncologists frequently make $1000 from every injection administered to a patient. There are 40 National Cancer Institute Centers scattered across the USA. Each of these employs thousands of employees. Curing cancer would be devastating for the economy and must not be allowed to occur. Research programs whose alleged purpose is to cure cancer see their funds steered into harmless areas where no cancer cures will ever result. Less than 1% of research funds are spent finding methods to prevent the spread of cancer. which is the cause of fatal cancer cachexia which kills 90% of cancer victims..

Preventing unfavorable chemotherapy results from being seen by the public in TV, radio, and newspaper reporting is combined with malicious quackery charges and actual death threats to practitioners who have legitimate cancer cures. I am aware of at least a dozen cancer cures since 1900 that have been ignored or suppressed. Several persons with bonafide cancer cures have been so vilified they died alcoholics or committed suicide. Prominent physician Dr Milbrook Johnson was poisoned the night before he was scheduled to speak on a national radio network in the 1940s about the ability of Dr. Royal Rife’s electronic equipment to cure cancer and infections.

Both chemotherapy and radiation have such toxic effects on the human body they must be stopped before they kill the patient. In the early days of chemotherapy drugs it was noted that skeptical patients who refused to take chemotherapy usually lived longer than patients treated with chemotherapy.

Radiation therapy directed toward a bone containing cancer might initially seem innocuous but actually has effects throughout the body. Circulation of blood through areas of ionizing radiation being delivered to bone is able to transport this radiated blood to distant sites where it can injure bone marrow production of killer lymphocytes, red blood cells, macrophages and platelets. Loss of appetite and nausea can be seen. Conventional radiation to the abdomen and other areas may be followed by permanent injury to the small intestine(diarrhea, pain) and arteriosclerosis of arteries in any field of radiation.

A suspected cancer patient had xray films showing numerous lucent identical sized masses overlying brain and spinal cord tissue. The films were misread as metastasis from a prior malignant melanoma instead of echinoccocal cysts spread from the family dogs.. Massive radiation of brain and spinal cord tissue caused complete loss of appetite with no food intake and death in 8 days in a previously well 26 year old woman.

What are results of chemotherapy drugs? Associate Professor Graeme Morgan of Australia was the lead researcher on an article titled “The contribution of cytotoxic chemotherapy to 5 year survival n adult malignancies.” This research showed that chemotherapy improved 5 year survival by less than 3% in adults with cancer. In 1987 Dr. Lana Levi of the University of California wrote “most cancer patients in this country die of chemotherapy. It does not eliminate breast, colon, or lung cancer. This fact has been known for over a decade. Women with breast cancer are likely to die faster with chemotherapy than without it.”

Dr. Ralph Moss Ph.D relates that “Conventional Cancer therapy is so toxic and dehumanizing that I fear it more than I fear death from cancer. Yet most alternative therapies regardless of potential or proven benefit, are outlawed, which forces patients to submit to the failures that we know don’t work because there is no other choice. Dr. Moss was employed as a science writer for Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York. Chemotherapy drugs are cellular poisons so they are quite toxic. They are also quite expensive. In his book The Cancer Industry he documents how the close links between the pharmaceutical industry and the cancer establishment enables an inadequate therapy like chemotherapy to become promoted and established as standard care”.

In a 1995 interview Dr. Moss related that chemotherapy was effective in only 2 to 4 % of all malignancies(Hodgkin’s Disease, Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, childhood leukemia, testicular cancer and Choriocarcinoma.)

The package inserts for chemotherapy drugs admit that taking a course of chemotherapy drugs can increase your risk of subsequently developing a new cancer by about 10%.. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health(NIOSH) warns that the powerful drugs used in chemotherapy can cause cancer in employees who handle them(nurses, pharmacists, cleaning personnel). If continued too long these drugs are fatal. The damage to white blood cell , killer lymphocyte and red blood cell production makes the patient vulnerable to overwhelming infection which is the cause of death in many patients on chemotherapy and radiation. It never made sense to me why administering toxic substances that cause major side effects could possibly heal a serious illness like a malignancy.

Dr. William Campbell Douglass II, MD “To understand the utter hypocrisy of chemotherapy, consider the following: The McGill Cancer Center in Canada, one of the largest and most prestigious cancer treatment centers in the world, did a study of oncologists to determine how they would respond to a diagnosis of cancer. On the confidential questionnaire, 58 out of 64 doctors said that all chemotherapy programs were unacceptable to them and their family.

In 33 years of conventional medical practice I referred all patients with malignancies to oncologists. The only survivor was a Chinese man with a low grade lung cancer. He responded every five years or so to a few doses of radiation.

In my opinion one of the most important verses in the Bible is Proverbs 14:12 There is way that seems right unto man but its end is the way of death. Drug company owners and executives, politicians, world leaders and media executives have unbelievable wealth and power in this world. However, they face a tortured eternity following death. This seems to be a very unwise tradeoff.

Anyone reading this article has my permission to copy or publish this information. Hopefully, some individuals will be made aware that there are safe effective alternatives to chemotherapy and radiation in the treatment of malignancies.

© 2009 Dr. James Howenstine - All Rights Reserved
    This is a reputable Dr. saying this not me!!!

Quote Alkamyst, thanks for posting all these references, which I found most interesting. Now, the theme of this thread is the value of THC (in hemp oil) in "curing cancer". Out of all the links you posted, 69 Peer-Reviewed Studies on Marijuana seems the most factual one. In it, I could find only three studies of relevance. None were actually performed on people.
    You're quite welcome my friend, I'm glad that you find some useful info amonst all this chaos lol......but you are right let's get back on track!!!

Source
    Quote The endocannabinoid system in our bodies regulate our cancer defense – so it makes sense that cannabis works effectively in this area, and the science backs that up.

For those who dispute the fact that cannabis can cure cancer, I would like to refer you to numerous studies (since 1974!) that show that cannabinoids kills cancer cells, shrink tumors, halts the spread of invasive carcinomas, and prevents occurrence. I don’t know if you have the energy or the interest to follow up these links, but if you do value truth over hearsay and propaganda, then I would suggest you look at them. First you have to ask yourself: why don’t you know about this? (Then you should get really, really angry).

Original Univ of Va study showing that THC halts lewis lung adenocarcinoma:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...&dopt=Citation

London study showing THC causes kills leukemia cells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15454482

University of Texas study showing the CB1 receptor (which is activated by cannabis) suppresses colorectal cancer tumor, when the receptor is lost cancer can occur.

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cg...act/68/15/6468

Univ of Southern Florida study showing that cannabis blocks cancer causing viruses:

http://news.bio-medicine.org/biology...viruses-115-1/

Harvard study showing cannabis cuts lung cancer growth in half:

The British Journal of Cancer reports that cannabis treats prostate cancer

Researchers at the California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute found that cannabis halts breast cancer.

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/...is-cancer.html

A large population study of chronic cannabis smokers found that they had a REDUCED risk of head, neck and throat cancers when compared to those that did not use cannabis.

http://cancerpreventionresearch.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/1940-6207.CAPR-09-0048v1

Spanish study showing that THC inhibits gliomas (brain cancer).

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cg...full/68/6/1945

Want more links? Here is a much more comprehensive list compiled by a wonderful woman who calls herself Granny Storm Crow:

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/436257-granny-storm-crows-list-july-2009-a.html <------THIS IS A MUST READ!!!

And here are some more links!.............

Hemp Oil and Cancer
    http://www.thenhf.com/article.php?id=497

THC Gives Cancer Cells the Munchies Too

http://scienceblogs.com/scientificac...ls_the_mun.php (Please read through comments to see people's successes)

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study

http://www.nowpublic.com/thc_marijua..._harvard_study

Quote Yes, marijuana can be a two-edged sword!
    I can't find myself to agree with this one.....I'm sorry, but I know better than that!!!

Quote Although this is a forum for conspiracy theories and bashing globalized corporations, the fact remains that well-established protocols for proving or disproving the validity of new treatments takes precedence over everything else. And it has to - there is too much at stake. Heads will roll and careers and companies ruined if these standards are not enforced. There is too much competition at the top. First there are test-tube (in vitro) experiments, followed by animal and later human (in vivo) experiments, meaning large-scale clinical trials. All these are expensive but the end results are reproducible, standardized treatments which can be prescribed with confidence.
    I have to disagree and again I must point you o the documentary above called "Big Bucks Big Pharma"..........there's nothing standardized about pharmaceuticals!!!

Quote Remember:
    No matter how inviting a particular drug treatment appears in isolation (such as acupuncture, THC), its proper place can only be found by comparing its benefits and disadvantages with those of all the other treatments available for that condition. This is the decision every medical practitioner has to make for each patient. In other words, each new treatment has to be seen in perspective.
    I agree on this one!!!

Quote To say that a particular drug has a place in the treatment of a condition is quite different from saying that it is a cure for it.
    I understand that and I still hold my position.....but only time will tell for others I guess!!!

Quote True progess is often painfully slow (and expensive), but to acquire merit, results must be reproducible in more than one laboratory.
    And that's what Rick is doing, if you refuse to believe other then that's fine....but I don't see what those people on camera have to gain from all of this except for their lives back. I find it very hard to believe that all this older people are stoner's and are just doing this to promote cannabis. Please tell, what do they have to gain?
    Quote I'm not saying that Big Pharma is deliberately suppressing research into THC (since Little Pharma will be quick to score off such a gambit)
    That is EXACTLY what I'm saying!!!.....Yes they are, and have been suppressing cannabis research for the last 74 years to be exact.

Quote only that the social downside of marijuana addiction is significant enough to warrant a great deal of extra caution before specific uses for THC can be advocated.
    It has been already proven that cannabis is not addictive, so I'm not even touching on this one!!!

Quote This to me is a bloody sight more sensible approach than using one's body as a guinea pig by swigging THC oil laced with toxic solvents on the limited anecdotal evidence provided by a Canadian farmer with an axe to grind.
    And what exactly do you think that Pharmaceutical companies are doing on a daily basis???

I love your enthusiasm str8thinker......constructive criticism is always welcome and admired. All this with good intentions, everyone is fully entitled to their opinions.

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

NancyV (28th January 2011), pilotsimone (30th January 2011), sheddie (28th January 2011)

32. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Sowelu
    Quote hmm...i have mixed feelings on this one...

To my knowledge cannibis is useful in pain, bladder infections, kidney infection, muscus expectorant and insomnia..
    I believe it's possible it may have helped in some's experience but my own grandmother died of cancer and
    she used cannibis for pain...didn't help her there.
    In fact cannibis prescriptions are very popular amounst cancer patients who are going terminal.
    I might mention also my grandmother wasn't terminal when she started using it.

however something that truly has been proven to cure cancer that they keep from you is vitamin D3.
    they commonly recommend 1000iu a day but recent studies prove the average person needs at least 5000 iu a day.
    Even that varies by genetics (darker skinned typically need more)
    D3 is sunlight in pill form, because we don't hunt and forage we don't get nearly enough of it.
    Best taken throughout the day and it makes you feel really happy too!

Also for one who already has cancer, large doses of liquid vitamin c, showed a complete turnaround in a man who had terminal cancer
    with developing luekimia. It not only made the cancer do a complete turnover but the luekimia signs vanished!
    naturally now the gov wants to ban it due to "patenting issues" but it's truly because curing cancer will make them loose $$ in those charities and such.

Those who want to prevent it and this goes for all of you
    1.) organic food because it hasn't been genetically modified and typically doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup
    Hfcs when found naturally in fresh fruit is safe, but there are large chemically created amounts in many non organic foods,
    (this is the number one energy source for cancer)
    If it says natural sugar and not cane sugar it's probably genetically modified beet sugars (since ppl were catching on to the hfcs they changed it to make it sound healthy)
    but "natural sugar is still genetically modified if it's not organic, and gmo'd foods not only drastically increase chance of cancer but a wealth of other health problems.
    I might also add that anything that says "all natural" without the usda symbol, can be genetically modified.

There is way more info here >mercola.com< it has free information, he's an independant doctor who works with many scientists/professionals/and specialists to make the public more healthy.
    He does offer his own line of products to help provide people with what they need and to keep his site going.
    He is an outcast to the health industry because he believes in starting at the root of things and preventing illness not treating symtoms and also calls out their shenanigans.

When you read what he has to say about gmos and other surprising harmful ingredients in food,
    you will understand more about why people like charles, myself and many many others stick to organic foods.
    Sure organics cost more but a change in diet can save you thousands in hospital bills later.

Antibiotics are anti life...so if you're feeling sick why kill yourself on the inside?
    70% of your immune system is located in the intestines and depends on that healthy lil bacteria to do its job...
    yet they tell you to poison them when you're sick? make sure to see what he says about vaccines as well
    sorry so off topic. wellbeing is one of my favorite subjects...
    Thanks for this interesting post and no need for apologies my friend, everyone's input is always welcome by me.

Really sorry to hear about your grandmother, truly am. But remember that we are not talking about smoking pot but extracting it's oil and using it to cure cancer.

I also know about D3 being really good for one's health, but truly is the first time I hear anything about curing cancer.....I must research this, very interesting!!!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

33. Link to Post #59
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

The bottom line here is, do people have a right to choose or not? The nay sayers are supporting another level of control which I thought, we were here to eliminate.

Are you going to pick and choose the levels of people's freedoms as you like?

On this issue of THC I have no side. But I will never seek to impose my will on people's choice to their choice of medicine, else I become the authority which we are consistently and rightly trying to diminish.

You can't have it both ways STR8. You want to impose your view on someone else and limit their freedoms. We are not talking about violent crime against other persons here, we are talking about an individual's right to be free and adopt a cure of THEIR choice.

Don't impose your bias authority on others unless they are dangerous to others.

In my view.

34. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Teakai
    Quote I'd disagree on this Alkamyst. Abuse is abuse is abuse. Abuse is harmful and negative and exploitative. Where do you see the harm in being on the interent all day?
    Well, if we are talking about drug abuse then one can come to the conclusion that the word abuse is being used as a substitute for the word "Excess" and if we are to look at it from that point of view then anything done in excess can be considered abusive.

This is what I mean my friend.....
    Source
    Quote Internet Addiction

The rapid growth of the internet over the last decade has affected every aspect of business and culture in the U.S. It has changed the way many of us shop, research and entertain ourselves. For a small percentage of the population however the internet has provided a very seductive method of indulging in a compulsive escape from reality.

Internet addiction is a growing disorder that is becoming widely studied as the number of documented cases increase but its effect on a marriage, family, friendship is impossible to ignore when you are involved. Studies show that individuals who suffer from internet addiction are also likely to show signs of other addictive behaviors and depression and/or anxiety. Internet addiction can be addressed by interventions, just as any other addiction.

Internet Abuse

Internet abuse is defined as continuing to compulsively spend time on the internet even after suffering consequences from doing so. Most of the issues that Intervention911 deals with involve pornography addiction, online affairs or chat room relationships, online shopping and gambling. These activities can put enormous strain on all relationships and can also affect the job and even the health of the person abusing the internet.

Proper treatment and counseling can break this dependence by revealing root causes and learning how to deal head on with life's problems rather than seeking escape from them. Compulsive behaviors like internet abuse are progressive and reinforcing because they seem feel like they effectively mask or avoid painful problems when in reality they only become worse. This leads to more internet abuse and more problems.

Internet Addiction and Dependency

Internet addiction and dependency will only get worse, not better if not treated. Not unlike television addiciton, frustration is a common result of internet dependency as promises to cut down are made often and frequently broken and the rationalization of needing to use the internet for work fails under the truth that most of the time is spent on non-work activities.

If a loved one needs help with an internet addiction, whether they want to admit it or not, we can help. Does time spent on the internet continue to increase? Is the internet used to avoid interaction with friends, family and a spouse? Does the person suffer from increasing anxiety the longer they are away from the internet and obsessively think about getting online?

If you answered yes to any of these questions it is important not to continue to cover-up the problem and get help. These compulsive behaviors do not just get better and will get progressively worse with time despite mounting problems.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Icecold
    Quote The bottom line here is, do people have a right to choose or not? The nay sayers are supporting another level of control which I thought, we were here to eliminate.

Are you going to pick and choose the levels of people's freedoms as you like?

On this issue of THC I have no side. But I will never seek to impose my will on people's choice to their choice of medicine, else I become the authority which we are consistently and rightly trying to diminish.

You can't have it both ways STR8. You want to impose your view on someone else and limit their freedoms. We are not talking about violent crime against other persons here, we are talking about an individual's right to be free and adopt a cure of THEIR choice.

Don't impose your bias authority on others unless they are dangerous to others.

In my view.
    Thank you Icecold.....you certainly understand where I'm coming from!!!
    Food for Thought.......

35. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

Icecold (28th January 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 3 13 25 LastLast