+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 6 16 25 LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis / Marijuana

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks

Default Re: Has anyone used HEMP OIL?

You're welcome

I would also like to know if we can get Hemp Oil in the UK, I am always interested in new natural healing methods/products.

take carex

2. Link to Post #102
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sheddie (here)
    You're welcome

I would also like to know if we can get Hemp Oil in the UK, I am always interested in new natural healing methods/products.

take carex
    Well we could always try and get in touch with a local dealer to get the good stuff and make it ourselves lol

But apparantly it is quite dangerous to make as the solvent which is used to make the oil is very highly flammable!!

Knowing me I would rush into it without properly thinking about how and what i'm going to do and ka-boom!! I'm not one for reading instructions or to be told what to do, I just like to work things out myself!

Like you say sheddie I too would like to find out how to get hold of Hemp oil in the Uk I wonder if there is anybody on here in the UK that has?

3. Link to Post #103
    Thanks

Is there a difference between Hemp Oil and Hempseed Oil???

I'm in the UK also and I use Hempseed oil in salads etc, not easy to get but readily available in organic shops etc

4. Link to Post #104
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gong (here)

I'm in the UK also and I use Hempseed oil in salads etc, not easy to get but readily available in organic shops etc
    Hi Gong,

To my knowledge the Hemp oil is made from everything off the plant; the leaves the bud etc... which is then used for medicinal purposes.

The Hemp plant seeds can be eaten or they can then be pressed to make the hemp seed oil which is used like you say on salads etc...

Hope this helps,

Scott
    Last edited by scootiep; 30th January 2011 at 12:53.

5. Link to Post #105
    Australia Avalon Member TWINNICK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by scootiep (here)
    Well we could always try and get in touch with a local dealer to get the good stuff and make it ourselves lol

But apparantly it is quite dangerous to make as the solvent which is used to make the oil is very highly flammable!!

Knowing me I would rush into it without properly thinking about how and what i'm going to do and ka-boom!! I'm not one for reading instructions or to be told what to do, I just like to work things out myself!

Like you say sheddie I too would like to find out how to get hold of Hemp oil in the Uk I wonder if there is anybody on here in the UK that has?

G'day Why would you want to use a chemical to extract the oil, just make or buy a press and press the oil under force out of the heads.

The natural way to do it with no chemicals and pure as it should be. Or you can just eat a bud a couple of times a day, I don't think you will get stoned, ok maybe a little perhaps but you will have all the benefits of the oil as nature intended.

..Nick..

6. Link to Post #106
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 times in 405 posts

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swami For This Post:

delaware (13th February 2011), gong (30th January 2011), Roman195 (8th February 2011), scootiep (31st January 2011)

8. Link to Post #107
    Thanks

Hi Gong,

To my knowledge the Hemp oil is made from everything off the plant; the leaves the bud etc... which is then used for medicinal purposes.

Scott
    hi Scott - thanks.
    Watched the vid in the link briefly and whilst only the 1st part, seems very intriguing. Did not realise you can make oil from the 'frosty' substance on the buds- must be lots of water, little oil in there.
    Did a quick google and could not find anyone selling hemp oil that clearly identifies that difference...maybe needs more digging on that search I only spent a few minutes,
    sorry I can't help you with that but thanks for clarifying anyway.

EDIT: thanks sawmi for posting again

9. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Can I PM you about this so I don't derail the thread?

Hi all,

I was watching a programme yesterday about Hemp Oil on Showcase TV, SKY Channel 201 and how it is used to cure Cancer and other medicinal purposes, also used as a pain killer.

Has anybody used this before? or has known somebody to have used it with success?

I am asking because my gf's mother suffers from chronic back pain and was wondering if this would be good to use? Instead of the several different types of drugs she is priscribed by the doctor, as she suffers with Parkinsons and has Crohn's disease.

The only problem is as I live in the UK Hemp oil is illegal here because of the "THC" concerntration.

Thanks for any response,

Scott

10. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TWINNICK (here)
    G'day Why would you want to use a chemical to extract the oil, just make or buy a press and press the oil under force out of the heads.

The natural way to do it with no chemicals and pure as it should be. Or you can just eat a bud a couple of times a day, I don't think you will get stoned, ok maybe a little perhaps but you will have all the benefits of the oil as nature intended.

..Nick..
    Hi Twinnick,

I think the solvent is used to abosrb all the goodness from the plant, The solvent is then burnt off at the right temperature so the final product does not have any traces of it.

But like you say i agree with you in the natural way that would be my preffered option as less chance of me getting burnt lol

11. Link to Post #110
    Thanks

hi Scott - thanks.
    Watched the vid in the link briefly and whilst only the 1st part, seems very intriguing. Did not realise you can make oil from the 'frosty' substance on the buds- must be lots of water, little oil in there.
    Did a quick google and could not find anyone selling hemp oil that clearly identifies that difference...maybe needs more digging on that search I only spent a few minutes,
    sorry I can't help you with that but thanks for clarifying anyway.

EDIT: thanks sawmi for posting again
    No probs anytime another point is the hemp seeds do not contain "THC" so it can be sold in the UK, but the hemp oil is produced from the buds and leaves so thats why it is illegal and i think will make it very hard to get hold of in this country.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Can I PM you about this so I don't derail the thread?
    Yeah sure no probs I have just PM'd you.

12. Link to Post #111
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes there is a big difference!
    Hempseed oil is made just from the seeds of the hemp plant and as far as i know does not contain any THC (this is the chemical that make you high when you smoke Marijuana and is also the key ingredient of the hemp oil)

Hemp oil is made from the buds of the Marijuana plant.
    This is why it is so hard to get because in most countries it is forbidden to grow Marijuana.
    When the Marijuana plant is fully grown you harvest the buds only and soke them in naphta or isopropanol (like i do)
    (You can't use water because water does not desolve the THC)
    You then drain of the isopropanol and wash the buds again and drain them again, after that you throw the buds away.
    You have now washed of / desolved the THC from the buds and now you have to get rid of the isopropanol.
    You do this by heating it in a pan or ricecooker (i take the later, this is more safe because isopropanol is highly flamable and you don't have an open flame this way)
    You have to do this outside or in a very well ventilated room.
    You keep the heat on until there is a thinker oily substance left and there you have the real hemp oil which has a high concentration of THC.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

gong (30th January 2011), ktlight (22nd March 2011), scootiep (31st January 2011)

14. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

I have used hemp oil on a crusty mole - it was WONDERFUL. It took a bit of time, daily application (and it doesn't smell great) but what an amazing cure! That mole has not given ANY problems since treatment over a year ago.
    I only hope and pray the pharmaceutical companies don't climb in and make it unavailable like so many other good remedies....
    PS i used "Hempo3" available in south africa.
    see ....hempo3.co.za/
    Last edited by Jay; 30th January 2011 at 15:41. Reason: not meaning to spam (promise - i have no affiliation to company) it's just that perhaps someone might need this stuff & it really worked for me (add link)

15. Link to Post #113
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Default Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

I use all sorts plant and botanical oils for emotional, mental and physical healing so I see no reason why pot would be any different than say Franckinsense or Cinnamon bark oil. Cellular healing, plant essences correct the cellular function of any cell on a subconscious and physical level.

I have a goodish supply of oils and they are way expensive investment in the long term although they are hugely effective. It would be nice if there was one do all oil, if only on the easing the stress on the pocket book. I'd probably not give up my other oils, since I'm way too attached but I'm wild with curiosity how well they'd work in conjunction with hemp oil.

16. Link to Post #114
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,041 times in 509 posts

Default Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

Thank you Alkamyst for your illuminating thread.

I have broken virtually every bone in my body over the course of my life and some more than once,, including a back injury so serious that it should have been operated on but then they asked me to sign a disclosure excusing them from accidentally paralyzing, me i got up of the hospital bed and walked out of there mumbling something about bunch of tossers.

I have had 2, possibly more, head fractures one of them completely across the crown of my head from ear to ear,,,, they suspended my drivers license for 2 years, i lost my memory etc, etc,,,

One time i broke my right leg both bones like a spring twists,,i took the plaster off that night because it got on my nerves, 3 days later i was in hospital for check up,, doc says oh my,, where's your plaster,,, i said in the bin,,,he moaned at me, after a while said if i could do something for him he would let it be,,, i said ok what ?? he said stand on one leg (broken one) then go down till your bum is touching your heel on that one leg,,, i did what he asked and then just looked at him and walked out of there,, mumbling something about tossers,,,
    I have smoked dope all my life,,,,,,,
    I have a well above average iq as tested by mensa,, i am fit as fiddle, e.g. few years ago i could read and write java,,i ride mountain bike,,am sharp,fast and agile, and 47 etc etc,,,,,,,

The lies that are spread about dope is NWO bollocks and lies.

They just simply want us dead asap

Bravo Alkamyst TRUTH ENLIGHTENER

17. Link to Post #115
    United States Avalon Member AlkaMyst's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

Kra
    Quote AlkaMyst thank you for creating this thread and for the effort you've put into it. It is well appreciated and i'm with you on this.
    My pleasure.....

And thanks for your words of support, I really appreciate them!

9eagle9
    Quote I use all sorts plant and botanical oils for emotional, mental and physical healing so I see no reason why pot would be any different than say Franckinsense or Cinnamon bark oil. Cellular healing, plant essences correct the cellular function of any cell on a subconscious and physical level.

I have a goodish supply of oils and they are way expensive investment in the long term although they are hugely effective. It would be nice if there was one do all oil, if only on the easing the stress on the pocket book. I'd probably not give up my other oils, since I'm way too attached but I'm wild with curiosity how well they'd work in conjunction with hemp oil.
    Don't you just love "OILS"?.........I know I'm a sucker for them. To answer your question, you can use hemp oil with just about any other oil to make it even more therapeutic (take a look at the recipe for the "Holy Anointing Oil" the one that it's talked about in the bible)

Quote In today's measure:
    (if 1 shekel = 11.5 grams; 1 hin = 6.5 liters)

5.75 kg (12.68 lbs) liquid myrrh
    5.75 kg (12.68 lbs) cassia
    2.875 kg (6.34 lbs) fragrant cinnamon
    2.875 kg (6.34 lbs) cannabis flowers
    6.5 liters (1.72 gallons) olive oil

***REMEMBER*** You can do as much or as little as you want, you just have to follow the measurements and use the correct proportions!
    This oil was used in ancient times to cure just about any disease!!!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

"If I were you?, Who would I be?
    If I were you?, Will I still be me?
    Who's are they, this eyes through which I see?
    Looking, Looking Back at Me"

Taken from the Documentary -"Who's Driving The Dreambus"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

NancyV (7th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #116
    United States Avalon Member AlkaMyst's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

passiglight
    Quote Thank you Alkamyst for your illuminating thread.

I have broken virtually every bone in my body over the course of my life and some more than once,, including a back injury so serious that it should have been operated on but then they asked me to sign a disclosure excusing them from accidentally paralyzing, me i got up of the hospital bed and walked out of there mumbling something about bunch of tossers.

I have had 2, possibly more, head fractures one of them completely across the crown of my head from ear to ear,,,, they suspended my drivers license for 2 years, i lost my memory etc, etc,,,

One time i broke my right leg both bones like a spring twists,,i took the plaster off that night because it got on my nerves, 3 days later i was in hospital for check up,, doc says oh my,, where's your plaster,,, i said in the bin,,,he moaned at me, after a while said if i could do something for him he would let it be,,, i said ok what ?? he said stand on one leg (broken one) then go down till your bum is touching your heel on that one leg,,, i did what he asked and then just looked at him and walked out of there,, mumbling something about tossers,,,
    I have smoked dope all my life,,,,,,,
    I have a well above average iq as tested by mensa,, i am fit as fiddle, e.g. few years ago i could read and write java,,i ride mountain bike,,am sharp,fast and agile, and 47 etc etc,,,,,,,
    First and foremost.....WOW, how deeply sorry I am to hear that you have had so many tragic events throughout the course of your current life or maybe it could be looked at as experiences for one to learn from or perhaps even karma.

I just love the "tossers" comments......I think that's just hilarious

passiglight, I know where you're coming from.....I have used cannabis for at least 20 years of my life and actually instead of "Dumming Me Down" I has actually made me wiser and I have no short memory problems either. I will tell you that peoples rude's comments weed it do not bother anymore, I also have an above average IQ and ever since I can remember I have just been very odd and unique, I am only 33 years young () but my mind thinks like an older person, it always has!......it is very hard for me to carry a constructive conversation with most people now a days, as the are just too ignorant and closed minded (Not their fault, due to Mind Control) and I have lost many so called friends over this. But I will tell you this and I can only speak for myself, but the more I learn and the wiser I become...THE LESS I WANT TO SPEAK!!! As I really have nothing to prove to anyone except for myself!

I come here (Project Avalon Forum) because people are open minded and can as a collective discuss any subject at hand with good constructive criticism whether it be positive or negative. This is an awesome COMMUNITY.....I just had to say that!!!

Quote The lies that are spread about dope is NWO bollocks and lies.

They just simply want us dead asap
    FULLY AGREE!!!

Quote Bravo Alkamyst TRUTH ENLIGHTENER
    Thank you so much, I am humbled by the comment above!

Blessings,

AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

"If I were you?, Who would I be?
    If I were you?, Will I still be me?
    Who's are they, this eyes through which I see?
    Looking, Looking Back at Me"

Taken from the Documentary -"Who's Driving The Dreambus"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

pilotsimone (30th January 2011)

21. Link to Post #117
    Thanks

Swami,

Thanks for the video - this is the exact programme I watched on TV lol

Scott

22. Link to Post #118
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,041 times in 509 posts

Quote Posted by AlkaMyst (here)
    passiglight

First and foremost.....WOW, how deeply sorry I am to hear that you have had so many tragic events throughout the course of your current life or maybe it could be looked at as experiences for one to learn from or perhaps even karma.

passiglight, I know where you're coming from.....I have used cannabis for at least 20 years of my life and actually instead of "Dumming Me Down" I has actually made me wiser and I have no short memory problems either. I will tell you that peoples rude's comments weed it do not bother anymore, I also have an above average IQ and ever since I can remember I have just been very odd and unique, I am only 33 years young () but my mind thinks like an older person, it always has!......it is very hard for me to carry a constructive conversation with most people now a days, as the are just too ignorant and closed minded (Not their fault, due to Mind Control) and I have lost many so called friends over this. But I will tell you this and I can only speak for myself, but the more I learn and the wiser I become...THE LESS I WANT TO SPEAK!!! As I really have nothing to prove to anyone except for myself!

I come here (Project Avalon Forum) because people are open minded and can as a collective discuss any subject at hand with good constructive criticism whether it be positive or negative. This is an awesome COMMUNITY.....I just had to say that!!!

FULLY AGREE!!!

Blessings,

AlkaMyst
    It is me who is humbled by your blessings Alkamyst many thanks.

No need for sorry's either, i have never been fazed or bothered about the silly scrapes i got into,, its only a container lol,
    actually the broken bones were only the tip of an iceberg,,
    the being engulfed by a huge fireball and burnt to a crisp was a tad tiresome,,,(mostly just cos the smell of burnt human flesh is pretty naff lol) and shooting myself wasn't too clever either lol..falling off very high things wasn't too smart either i suppose,, the list goes on lmao,,,,
    It doesn't bother me at all,, i've calmed down a lot in my older years,,,
    But thank you for your kind words they mean the world to me :-)))

23. Link to Post #119
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by passiglight (here)
    Quote Posted by AlkaMyst (here)
    passiglight

FULLY AGREE!!!

Blessings,

AlkaMyst
    It is me who is humbled by your blessings Alkamyst many thanks.

No need for sorry's either, i have never been fazed or bothered about the silly scrapes i got into,, its only a container lol,
    actually the broken bones were only the tip of an iceberg,,
    the being engulfed by a huge fireball and burnt to a crisp was a tad tiresome,,,(mostly just cos the smell of burnt human flesh is pretty naff lol) and shooting myself wasn't too clever either lol..falling off very high things wasn't too smart either i suppose,, the list goes on lmao,,,,
    It doesn't bother me at all,, i've calmed down a lot in my older years,,,
    But thank you for your kind words they mean the world to me :-)))
    Did I see you on Jackass??!! ;-)
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

24. Link to Post #120
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I live in the uk and got some from elixir health in wadebridge cornwall, try their website.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 6 16 25 LastLast