+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 7 17 25 LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis / Marijuana

1. Link to Post #121
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Has anyone used HEMP OIL?

The alternative chemical solvent used to extract the oil is no other than pure ethylalcohol - or pure vodka. But at the temperatur required (to get the benefit from both water- and oil-soluble plantextract) to evaporate the alcohol, the vapour gets highly flammable/explosive. Use a precise hot liquid termometer and NO sparks (no smoking while cooking :-)) and you should be fine.
    This extraction metod is more economical end more wholesome than pressing.

Good luck

EDIT: Here's a link to how to:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KZXGH6mYr3Y

2. Link to Post #122
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

You could also try mms (miracle mineral solution)

http://www.jimhumble.biz/

3. Link to Post #123
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Swami (here)
    Quote Posted by gong (here)
    Is there a difference between Hemp Oil and Hempseed Oil???

I'm in the UK also and I use Hempseed oil in salads etc, not easy to get but readily available in organic shops etc
    Rick Simpson manifests the qualities of a "Saint", in my discernment, this puts him in the League of Honorable People, like Mother Theresa...

4. Link to Post #124
    Thanks

Another point to add to this post....If this chaos that might happen to Humanity manifests; Would it not be wise to have this plant nearby for medicine, food , fuel and it's use as a tool?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Roman195 For This Post:

Lucc30 (8th February 2011)

6. Link to Post #125
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Roman195 (here)
    Another point to add to this post....If this chaos that might happen to Humanity manifests; Would it not be wise to have this plant nearby for medicine, food , fuel and it's use as a tool?
    Perfectly agree. The hemp plant is one of the most versatile plant on the face of earth!

7. Link to Post #126
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Lucc30 (here)
    The alternative chemical solvent used to extract the oil is no other than pure ethylalcohol - or pure vodka. But at the temperatur required (to get the benefit from both water- and oil-soluble plantextract) to evaporate the alcohol, the vapour gets highly flammable/explosive. Use a precise hot liquid termometer and NO sparks (no smoking while cooking :-)) and you should be fine.
    This extraction metod is more economical end more wholesome than pressing.

Good luck

EDIT: Here's a link to how to:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KZXGH6mYr3Y
    Yes, the two main solvents used to extract the goodies from plants are water and ethyl alcohol. If extracted via water, it is "tea"; if extracted via alcohol, it is called a "tincture." In modern parlance, an "oil extract."

Certain parts of any plant can be extracted using water, but think about the old "oil and water don't mix" adage, and you'll see why oils are extracted using alcohol. You could get some of the oils by crushing the plant, but I'll bet you can get 20 times more, maybe even 100 times more of the oils out via oil extraction. The liquid from the crushed plant (unless fully dehydrated) would contain much more water than oil.

I no longer smoke pot, haven't for many years, but really want the plant legalized to provide so many benefits: paper pulp without cutting down trees, fibers for clothing, food made from seeds, building material (binder in adobe bricks), and the many health benefits (so I have read) of the essential oils. I also don't mind if people want to smoke it or eat it to get high. It is a lot less harmful to the human body, and society, than alcohol.

Dennis

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Lucc30 (8th February 2011), Roman195 (9th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #127
    Thanks

i dont what to promot it but yes it does help i've had back surgery 10 years ago and to day i have 3 bulge disks and atear in another thc is used for many medical problem and it helped my back i cant use as i'm looking for work ( drug tests ) but the alternative would be take all kinds of pain pills which in veiw is very toxic for your liver and everyone is different for what works best and mucsel relaxers are better than pain pills from my many roads traveled with back pain also inversion tables are fantastic for back problems try a table cause it cut my back issues down 75%. and smoking it or eating is better than just oil.
    Last edited by slipknotted; 8th February 2011 at 16:47.
    Chris....... Free your mind

10. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

I have bought Hemp Oil from www.essentiallyoils.co.uk. Excellent essential oils supplier without minimum order with free delivery in the UK, mostly used by professional aromatherapists.

11. Link to Post #129
    Thanks

Default Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

Quote Posted by AlkaMyst (here)
    Kra
    Quote AlkaMyst thank you for creating this thread and for the effort you've put into it. It is well appreciated and i'm with you on this.
    My pleasure.....

And thanks for your words of support, I really appreciate them!

9eagle9
    Quote I use all sorts plant and botanical oils for emotional, mental and physical healing so I see no reason why pot would be any different than say Franckinsense or Cinnamon bark oil. Cellular healing, plant essences correct the cellular function of any cell on a subconscious and physical level.

I have a goodish supply of oils and they are way expensive investment in the long term although they are hugely effective. It would be nice if there was one do all oil, if only on the easing the stress on the pocket book. I'd probably not give up my other oils, since I'm way too attached but I'm wild with curiosity how well they'd work in conjunction with hemp oil.
    Don't you just love "OILS"?.........I know I'm a sucker for them. To answer your question, you can use hemp oil with just about any other oil to make it even more therapeutic (take a look at the recipe for the "Holy Anointing Oil" the one that it's talked about in the bible)

Quote In today's measure:
    (if 1 shekel = 11.5 grams; 1 hin = 6.5 liters)

5.75 kg (12.68 lbs) liquid myrrh
    5.75 kg (12.68 lbs) cassia
    2.875 kg (6.34 lbs) fragrant cinnamon
    2.875 kg (6.34 lbs) cannabis flowers
    6.5 liters (1.72 gallons) olive oil

***REMEMBER*** You can do as much or as little as you want, you just have to follow the measurements and use the correct proportions!
    This oil was used in ancient times to cure just about any disease!!!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Hiya AlkaMyst,

What a great thread you have come up with I am very interested in making Hemp oil and I have been discussing how hemp oil can cure many diseases with a religious friend, I was wondering where in the Bible it talks about the "Holy anointing Oil"? And where does it mention cannibis flowers as an ingredient?

With this information I can then show and talk about it with my friend thank you for any response.

Best regards,

Scott

12. The Following User Says Thank You to scootiep For This Post:

jjl (15th February 2011)

13. Link to Post #130
    United States Avalon Member AlkaMyst's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

Hi scootiep,

The recipe is in Exodus 30:22-25

check this out...............

Last edited by AlkaMyst; 15th February 2011 at 15:41.
    Food for Thought.......

"If I were you?, Who would I be?
    If I were you?, Will I still be me?
    Who's are they, this eyes through which I see?
    Looking, Looking Back at Me"

Taken from the Documentary -"Who's Driving The Dreambus"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

jjl (15th February 2011), scootiep (17th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #131
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

Default Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

it's important that we study and prepare for alternatives in healing. It will save more lives in the end

16. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

jjl

Quote it's important that we study and prepare for alternatives in healing. It will save more lives in the end
    Completely agree, I have been preparing and growing my own medicine for over a year now and have plenty stashed away in case anything goes down!!!

AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

Icecold (15th February 2011)

18. Link to Post #133
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

On topic at Nimbin

I know a few of the blokes in this vid. My local patch. This entire town is an alternative community since around 1970. Beautiful country.

19. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

Smile Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

Icecold

Awesome VIDEO....thanks for sharing. I see the guys from urban grower is there, he is the one that advertises Advanced Nutrients which I think is just too hyped up and way over priced.

I have been using something called Jacks Classic which is about $10 a bag and I get bigger yields with this stuff then I ever did with AN.....Jack's is an Old School growers secret!!!

Just my 2 cents!!!

AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

20. Link to Post #135
    Canada Avalon Member IronicDestiny's Avatar
    Thanks

Great thread and I'm there whole heartedly with it! I'd just like to say that smoking anything will never be good for your lungs. If you want a doctor to tell you it's ok to use, they will I promise... there are even pills available to those of you that are soooOooo afraid of THC, that isolate the cannibinoids which are the helpful part. Personally, I cannot advocate the smoking of it because our lungs are definately not meant for that type of use \

One important thing to note is that when I was younger I had a severe problem with asthma.. I went through a brief period of heavy use and voila! My asthma is pretty well cured, I would say it was perfect up until the time I started to smoke tobacco, but the effects of the other have never completely left me and with kicking the death stick out of my life, I have no doubt my asthma will be forever curbed! It IS A MIRACLE.

21. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

Quote Posted by str8thinker (here)
    Alcohol has been described as "a second-rate drug and a first-rate poison". I consider the same true of marijuana. What about all its adverse effects, particularly on short-term memory? It might have some value in the treatment of cancer, but this doesn't justify its use as a recreational drug. (Disclaimer: I drink very little alcohol and have never smoked tobacco or pot.)
    The real poisons are in YOUR medicine cabinet friend. Acetametiphen kills more people , annually, from overdose than cocaine. Keep taking your Tylenol when you get a headache, its only going to hurt you. I don't advocate drug usage, generally, but I can say that in my job I work with a lot of professional athlethes MANY of whom smoke marijuana... a lot. It doesn't seem to be poisoning their bodies, as they continue to break records (in certain cases Phelps) and experience long sporting careers. My advice to you SRT8THINKER, go camping next weekend and bring some mushrooms. Eat them , experience that experience and see how it does/doesn't change your worldview or how you see the universe. You will experience cosmic vibrations from a .....poison.
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

22. Link to Post #137
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,205 times in 1,064 posts

Just my contribution to this thread for those that require links to proof of THC's medical qualities:

Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease Pathology by Cannabinoids
    Cannabis Use Not Linked To So-Called "Amotivational Syndrome"
    Killing bacteria with cannabis
    Why Cannabis Stems Inflammation
    Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
    Rheumatoid arthritis, Cannabis based medicine eases pain and suppresses disease
    Marijuana Causes an Immediate Reversal of Exercise-induced Asthma and Lung Hyperinflation
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    Cancer Killer
    Cannabinoids in the treatment of cancer
    Marijuana May Prevent Cancer, Not Cause It
    Heavy Long-Term Marijuana Use Does Not Impair Lung Function, Says New Study
    Cannabis-based drugs could offer new hope for inflammatory bowel disease patients
    Cannabinoids elicit antidepressant-like behavior and activate serotonergic neurons through the medial prefrontal cortex
    Role seen for cannabis in helping to alleviate allergic skin disease
    Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy
    Cannabidiol reduces the development of diabetes in an animal study
    Cannabinoid May Aid Fertility In Tobacco Smokers
    Suppressive effect of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on herpes simplex virus infectivity in vitro
    Marijuana cures hiccups
    Heavy cannabis use without long-term effect on global intelligence
    Cannabidiol May be Effective in Preventing Bovine Spongiforme Enzephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease)
    Medical marijuana: a surprising solution to severe morning sickness
    Cannabinoids inhibit neurodegeneration in models of multiple sclerosis
    Cannabinoids as pharmacotherapies for neuropathic pain
    Marijuana Protects Your Brain
    Hempseed: Nature's Perfect Food?
    Natural Pot-Like Compound Could Fight Obesity
    Cannabis may prevent osteoporosis
    Cannabis Eases Post Traumatic Stress
    Cannabidiol as an antipsychotic
    Delta(9)-THC) prevents cerebral infarction
    THC effective in Tourette-Syndrome
    Last edited by nearing; 15th February 2011 at 22:12.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

Koyaanisqatsi (16th February 2011), passiglight (15th February 2011), Shane_Original (15th February 2011), Sol Phoenix (15th February 2011)

24. Link to Post #138
    NinjaPhil

This is a really interesting topic, agree on the post about mushrooms... but then I grew up in the British countryside where such things grew quite naturally

I think there's a huge place for alternative medicines. Certainly in my experiences I've found that not taking prescribed medicine has helped me out. In one case actually saving my life, but I won't get into that here!

25. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

IronicDestiny
    Quote Great thread and I'm there whole heartedly with it! I'd just like to say that smoking anything will never be good for your lungs. If you want a doctor to tell you it's ok to use, they will I promise... there are even pills available to those of you that are soooOooo afraid of THC, that isolate the cannibinoids which are the helpful part. Personally, I cannot advocate the smoking of it because our lungs are definately not meant for that type of use
    Thank you my friend, I very much so appreciate your comments and interest on this subject....I agree with you that smoking is not good for ones lungs, but I can't be sarcastic (not directed at you at all, just a figure of speech) at judging anyone for what they do as I smoke myself! It's a bad habit, but everyone has something that they do which they shouldn't be doing!....but also remember that no one has ever died from smoking cannabis, not even 1 case of lung cancer and cannabis.

Quote One important thing to note is that when I was younger I had a severe problem with asthma.. I went through a brief period of heavy use and voila! My asthma is pretty well cured, I would say it was perfect up until the time I started to smoke tobacco, but the effects of the other have never completely left me and with kicking the death stick out of my life, I have no doubt my asthma will be forever curbed! It IS A MIRACLE.
    I'm so glad to hear this, as I have mentioned this before here....my cousin has been a chronic asthmatic since he was very young and when he got older he decided to start smoking cannabis and viola!!!.....ASTHMA gone forever, never to return. It is a wonderful plant in my own opinion.

Koyaanisqatsi
    Quote Originally Posted by str8thinker View Post
    Alcohol has been described as "a second-rate drug and a first-rate poison". I consider the same true of marijuana. What about all its adverse effects, particularly on short-term memory? It might have some value in the treatment of cancer, but this doesn't justify its use as a recreational drug. (Disclaimer: I drink very little alcohol and have never smoked tobacco or pot.)
    The real poisons are in YOUR medicine cabinet friend. Acetametiphen kills more people , annually, from overdose than cocaine. Keep taking your Tylenol when you get a headache, its only going to hurt you. I don't advocate drug usage, generally, but I can say that in my job I work with a lot of professional athlethes MANY of whom smoke marijuana... a lot. It doesn't seem to be poisoning their bodies, as they continue to break records (in certain cases Phelps) and experience long sporting careers. My advice to you SRT8THINKER, go camping next weekend and bring some mushrooms. Eat them , experience that experience and see how it does/doesn't change your worldview or how you see the universe. You will experience cosmic vibrations from a .....poison.
    I have to agree with you here 100% my friend....the real danger and the most feared killers are inside ones medicine cabinet and until people wake up to that fact, we are still going to have many people dying when they shouldn't be!

nearing
    Quote Just my contribution to this thread for those that require links to proof of THC's medical qualities:

Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease Pathology by Cannabinoids
    Cannabis Use Not Linked To So-Called "Amotivational Syndrome"
    Killing bacteria with cannabis
    Why Cannabis Stems Inflammation
    Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
    Rheumatoid arthritis, Cannabis based medicine eases pain and suppresses disease
    Marijuana Causes an Immediate Reversal of Exercise-induced Asthma and Lung Hyperinflation
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    Cancer Killer
    Cannabinoids in the treatment of cancer
    Marijuana May Prevent Cancer, Not Cause It
    Heavy Long-Term Marijuana Use Does Not Impair Lung Function, Says New Study
    Cannabis-based drugs could offer new hope for inflammatory bowel disease patients
    Cannabinoids elicit antidepressant-like behavior and activate serotonergic neurons through the medial prefrontal cortex
    Role seen for cannabis in helping to alleviate allergic skin disease
    Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy
    Cannabidiol reduces the development of diabetes in an animal study
    Cannabinoid May Aid Fertility In Tobacco Smokers
    Suppressive effect of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on herpes simplex virus infectivity in vitro
    Marijuana cures hiccups
    Heavy cannabis use without long-term effect on global intelligence
    Cannabidiol May be Effective in Preventing Bovine Spongiforme Enzephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease)
    Medical marijuana: a surprising solution to severe morning sickness
    Cannabinoids inhibit neurodegeneration in models of multiple sclerosis
    Cannabinoids as pharmacotherapies for neuropathic pain
    Marijuana Protects Your Brain
    Hempseed: Nature's Perfect Food?
    Natural Pot-Like Compound Could Fight Obesity
    Cannabis may prevent osteoporosis
    Cannabis Eases Post Traumatic Stress
    Cannabidiol as an antipsychotic
    Delta(9)-THC) prevents cerebral infarction
    THC effective in Tourette-Syndrome
    Awesome list, thank you for adding this and remember that I really value yours and everyone's input on this....I sure hope that together we can wake some people up to the fact that cannabis is one of, if not the Most sacred plant on the planet.....no other plant has so many medicinal values for humans!!!

NinjaPhil
    Quote This is a really interesting topic, agree on the post about mushrooms... but then I grew up in the British countryside where such things grew quite naturally

I think there's a huge place for alternative medicines. Certainly in my experiences I've found that not taking prescribed medicine has helped me out. In one case actually saving my life, but I won't get into that here!
    Thank you my dear friend.....I cold heartedly agree, I'm glad you are open minded about entheogens as they are they way to regain full consciousness in my own humbled opinion.....please take a look at this thread I also started a while back, I'm sure you'll find it interesting!!!

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-Tranformation

PS
    I read in one of your posts on the Heather thread that you have a background in IT.....so do I, maybe we can chat about our common passion sometime in the near future!!!

Blessings to all,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

26. Link to Post #140
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Man...I wish you people lived near me...

Quote Posted by NinjaPhil (here)
    This is a really interesting topic, agree on the post about mushrooms... but then I grew up in the British countryside where such things grew quite naturally

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 7 17 25 LastLast