+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 8 18 25 LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis / Marijuana

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member AlkaMyst's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

9eagle9
    Quote Man...I wish you people lived near me...
    I really wished that was also true my dear friend....

But here goes to you virtually
    Food for Thought.......

"If I were you?, Who would I be?
    If I were you?, Will I still be me?
    Who's are they, this eyes through which I see?
    Looking, Looking Back at Me"

Taken from the Documentary -"Who's Driving The Dreambus"

2. Link to Post #142
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 times in 668 posts

Default Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

I was brainwashed by the school system and always thought cannabis is bad for your health.. But then decided to try some and was blown away by it's effects. So I know now why it's illegal. Better poison people by keeping alcohol and cigarettes legal (among other sh*t of course).

3. Link to Post #143
    United States Avalon Member The Mad spirtualist's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

I wonder if juicing the plant in a juicer would have benefits?

4. Link to Post #144
    Thanks

Smile Re: What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You To Know About CANNABIS, the cure for Cancer!!!

muxfolder
    Quote I was brainwashed by the school system and always thought cannabis is bad for your health.. But then decided to try some and was blown away by it's effects. So I know now why it's illegal. Better poison people by keeping alcohol and cigarettes legal (among other sh*t of course).
    I agree with you....they really don't want people using this plant as it will make one question the teachers and those in authority. Opens up your mind to all possibilities and you start seeing the worlds for what it really is!

The Mad spirtualist
    Quote I wonder if juicing the plant in a juicer would have benefits?
    Check this out!!!....Original article can be found here!

Juicing Raw Cannabis for Greater Health

If you find yourself in the doctors chair at the office of Dr. William Courtney, Willits, California you will be advised; we shouldn’t be smoking our marijuana, we should be eating it! After I read the story in the Washington Post, “Form of medical marijuana won’t get you high but is creating quite a buzz” written by Karl Vick, I decided to look into it more.

CBD (Cannabidiol), one of the main constituents of the cannabis plant has been proven medically to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety and nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth. Recent studies have shown it to be an effective atypical anti-psychotic in treating schizophrenia. CBD also interferes with the amount of THC your brain processes, balancing the psychotropic effect of marijuana.

In my report, Sativex: Liquid medical marijuana, I talked about GW Phamacueticals, a British company who, with Japanese pharmaceuticals company Otsuka, have been granted permission by the New drug Administration and the FDA to enter into late stage trials here in the US for treatment of cancer pain and the side effects of chemotherapy with their cannabinoid based oral mouth spray, Sativex. The THC/CBD spray is already available to patients in the United Kingdom, Canada and Spain for the treatment of MS.

According to GW Pharma’s cultivation FAQ their scientists in the UK can precisely control the cannabinoid composition of the plant and they have bred an extremely CBD high strain. Both Dr. Courtney and some of his patients tried to find a similar strain available here in Northern California but to no avail. Recently, an emboldened lab, operating in the hope they can avoid DEA interference here in the Bay Area has begun testing plants for CBD, THC and pathogens like mold. Steep Hill Lab has found only one bankable strain, “Soma A+” that contained significantly more CBD than any other strain tested.

“What has happened is, almost all strains available in America through the black market are THC concentrates,” said Ethan Russo, a Seattle area physician who is senior medical adviser to GW. “The CBD in almost all cases has been bred out. The reason, cannabis in this country has been cultivated for its intoxicating effect.”

“It’s going to be a few years yet,” said Russo, who in the mid-’90s left his neurology practice in Montana, concerned by the toxic side effects of medicines he was prescribing. He returned from a sabbatical to Peru convinced that marijuana holds the greatest potential among medicinal plants.

“There’s a tendency to discount claims when something appears to be good for everything, but there’s a reason this is the case,” he said. “CBD works on receptors, and as it turns out, we have cannabinoids in our bodies, endogenous cannabinoids, that turn out to be very effective at regulating immune functions, nerve functions, bone functions.”

Russo: “The endogenous cannabinoid system acts as a modulator in fine-tuning a lot of these systems, and if something is deranged biochemically in a person’s body, it may well be that a cannabinoid system can bring things back into balance.”

On an important side note, laboratory studies on cannabinoids including CBD, by other companies and research schools has been largely hindered by federal restrictions on marijuana research.

The catch 22 is the continued classification of cannabis as a Schedule I drug. This impedes research on marijuana’s therapeutic value, thereby making it’s re-evaluation and re-scheduling through the normal drug approval process extremely unlikely. In fact, speaking to The New York Times in a January 19, 2010 article entitled, “Researchers Find Medical Study of Marijuana Discouraged,” NIDA spokeswoman Shirley Simson said: “As the National Institute on Drug Abuse, our focus is primarily on the negative consequences of marijuana use. We generally do not fund research focused on the potential beneficial medical effects of marijuana.”

In the perhaps $15 billion underground economy that flows from marijuana in California: No one knows for certain what they’re buying. “I can’t breed analytically,” said Jim Hill, a pot farmer in Mendocino’s Potter Valley. “I can only go by patient anecdote: ‘Yeah, that really worked for me.’ I can’t go by graph paper.” reports the Washington Post article.

Sixties activist Fred Gardner edits O’Shaughnessy’s, a quarterly devoted to medical marijuana and named for the physician who brought cannabis to the attention of European medicos. “I think people owe it to the industry, owe it to the people, to do something honestly medical,” Gardner said. “And CBD is honestly medical.”

CBD’s could finally be the link between medical marijuana and science.

Back to Dr. Courtney in Mendocino- maybe nowhere else in the country could a cannabis doctor advise growing 40 plants — enough for one juicing each day on the 45-day cycle required of the auto-flowering strain. What’s striking is the number of patients who truly do not want to get high. Juicing the fresh leaves instead of burning the dried plant matter does not deliver the same concentrate of THC (the psychoactive component) and recent research has shown that CBD works better consumed raw. The THC needs heat for activation and because of that, the raw leaves don’t produce a “high”. The doctor recommends that his patients mix the cannabis juice (1 part) with carrot juice (10 parts) to counteract the bitterness. Information I found online explained that any cannabis plant has the highest CBD at 70-90 days after sowing. After 90 days they rapidly produce more THC. He recommends drinking the juice three times a day.

Unfortunately for most of us, growing 40 plants on constant light cycles so you can provide yourself with enough fresh leaves for juicing will never be a viable option but it’s very interesting to see where this movement could go and what new cannabis products could come of it. Once labs can analyze the medicine, the cultivators can begin to use selective breeding techniques to develop strains that have a higher or more balanced CBD to THC ratio and then identify them as such.

Dr. William Courtney is pioneering the raw cannabis concept and for his own validation he explains, he only need look to his once seriously ill girlfriend who consumes the fresh juice daily and has made a recovery from several debilitating illness’ which are chronicled in her “New Settlement“ interview found on Dr. Courtney’s website, Leaves of Grass. His site includes links to several articles and studies regarding cannabinoid research and interviews with him on the topic so check it out for more information.

I’ve also been advised by a patient that is planning to grow medicine for fresh juicing, that a very CBD high strain was tested at Spannabis this year called “Cannatonic” and seeds may be available online. If anyone has any feedback on this topic or any experience with juicing cannabis, please comment.
    Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

9eagle9 (16th February 2011), nearing (17th February 2011)

6. Link to Post #145
    Thanks

[QUOTE=AlkaMyst;140843]Hi scootiep,

The recipe is in Exodus 30:22-25

check this out...............

Thanks AlkaMyst for the info, very much appreciated!! Ive just been on your other thread which has been closed "Coast II Coast" UFO's in Afghanistan and I feel you received some harsh comments, and just wanted to say your doing a brilliant and helpful job on Avalon, keep up the good work

Regards,

Scott

7. Link to Post #146
    Thanks

Thank you so much for your support scootiep, I truly appreciate it.

I had to get the thread closed after I asked people to get back on track as the thread was not about coast to coast am or George Noory, but no one wanted to listen, and I wouln't allow this people to come and bash my threads and not say anything good that would benefit the forums....I have a few more things that I like to say, but they can't be expressed here

Must people here are only following the "Charles" material and I quite frankly don't have the time to give to this guy.....there are way more important things happening right now than this Charles stuff, and I intend to share them with the community (That is, those who want to listen!).

Thanks you for your understanding my friend!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

The Mad spirtualist (18th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #147
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,720 times in 462 posts

Default DEA to legalize marijuana only for ‘Big Pharma,’ NORML claims

A Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) proposal to reclassify the main psychoactive chemical in marijuana as a Schedule III substance would allow pharmaceutical companies to market the drug while still penalizing common recreational use, according to marijuana law reform advocates.

The main psychoactive chemical in marijuana, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is currently a Schedule I substance within the US Controlled Substances Act, the most restrictive schedule with the greatest criminal penalties.
    I
    n November 2010, the DEA proposed reclassifying dronabinol, a synthetic THC, as a Schedule III substance, which would place it among substances such as hydrocodone and allow it to be dispensed with a written or oral prescription.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/2...-group-claims/
    Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to irishspirit For This Post:

Gaia (24th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #148
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 times in 405 posts

Default Re: DEA to legalize marijuana only for ‘Big Pharma,’ NORML claims

Cool to see you posting again.....
    Go for it..!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Swami For This Post:

13. Link to Post #149
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

my husband says "You know thats not going to be very satisfying to old dope smokers like me"

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Gaia (24th February 2011), thehess (28th February 2011), write4change (24th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #150
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

"I used to smoke marijuana. But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early midafternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . But never at dusk." - Steve Martin

Nice to see you back Irishspirit

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Hiram (24th February 2011), Stuart M. (24th February 2011), Swami (24th February 2011), write4change (24th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #151
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I "heard" if you get a medical MJ card in California,you can legally have up to a half a pound and 6 plants.
    AND? I "heard" they have DISPENCERIES that you can go into and BUY your medicine.
    When you go into the dispenceries,they have oils,ointments, hash, hash oil,cookies, brownies,and jars of different strains of medicine and grades and qualities.

Also by ailment. Tired all the time? They have "peppey" medicine. Too "hyper"? medicine for slowwwwing you down. Not hungry from Chemo?

Well,they ALL make ya hungry.

Besides Cal,Arizona,Michigan,Colarodo(booming there) and new States every year are not just decriminalizing it,but making it legal with a prescription.
    I see absolutly NO reason for the D.E.A. to get involved with big pharma.
    But of course Big Pharma does.Money and regulation.
    A bad side effect of self governing industries(pot) is you DON'T know what the growers have grown, or put in it,unless you grow your own.
    Yes,you can identify the strain under an eyeloop. But you can NOT see if it has been sprayed with too many vitamins or "bud" enhancers at parts per million that may not be good for you. Also, mites can be a problem after the buds have sprouted.Now what? Are you using ladybugs to eat the mites? Or did you use DDT?
    NOW it tastes like poison....NOW..are you spraying Lemon Pledge to camaflouge the DDT? That crap DOES happen...And? no regulations. Most dispenceries have a good relationship with their medicine growers.
    Or they send out new growers medicine for independent lab testing to see how clean the medicine is.
    Yep....you guessed.."Certified Organic"and Indie Lab tested...That is a good label on your medicine. I heard if that sign is in a dispenceries window...Some growers move on down the street.
    ALL dispenceries should have to have Indie Labs test their medicine.
    BTW.. I DO NOT smoke or grow. But this IS California and Tahoe.
    We all kind of know someone in the bizz here in Nor. Cal...OK not ALL of us.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to shybastid For This Post:

19. Link to Post #152
    United States Avalon Member write4change's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,632 times in 628 posts

A heck of a lot of people in California have been hassled in these shops. and the shops themselves have been hassled. It also appears that how enforcement comes about is who you know. Of course the Rampart division of LAPD is adamantly apposed to having to justify their wealth beyond means of their salary. LAPD gets privacy extended to no one else. Wonder why it works that way?
    Beware the axis of sanctimony.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to write4change For This Post:

21. Link to Post #153
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Agree write... Unfortunatly,I have heard about the strong arm robberies taking place in the Bay Area and in So. Cal. And I've also heard about the unscrupulous dispenceries that "claim" they were robbed in the middle of the nite of all the medicine they took on consigmenment from growers.

Driving law enforcement nuts.

Not to mention the poor farmer that loses his 'fronted" medicine.

Kind of good reasons to not grow commercially. It ain't that easy.. Plus new taxes. Plus how much do you claim as income?

These guys are legit and pay a LOT of taxes too. They actually put the 215 medicine prescription on the ballot.
    http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com/

They take their medicine REAL serious and are real activists all over North America,in every state, to change the laws.

Not me. I'm a wuss. I don't do well breaking or challenging laws for profit. Even legal laws. Heheheh
    Too many variables.

22. Link to Post #154
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Has anyone used HEMP OIL?

I was in Holand and Barrett health store about 2 hours ago,, was looking for all sorts, then gazed a upon a bottle of "granoVita" Hemp oil , as i saw it, i remembered reading threads about it here and automatically bought a bottle, this is a 260ml bottle, and according to the lable organic virgin cold pressed, soil association organic standards...
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...87&prodid=3519

ok, this is oil made from hempseed, not from the plant matter. Oh well, that'll teach me to think before i buy on impulse
    Last edited by Fire Dragon; 10th March 2011 at 13:14.

23. Link to Post #155
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Has anyone used HEMP OIL?

Quote Posted by Fire Dragon (here)
    I was in Holand and Barrett health store about 2 hours ago,, was looking for all sorts, then gazed a upon a bottle of "granoVita" Hemp oil , as i saw it, i remembered reading threads about it here and automatically bought a bottle, this is a 260ml bottle, and according to the lable organic virgin cold pressed, soil association organic standards...
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...87&prodid=3519

ok, this is oil made from hempseed, not from the plant matter. Oh well, that'll teach me to think before i buy on impulse
    I am from the Netherlands and as far as i know the hempoil described in de video "run from the cure" is not available in stores or Koffieshops (these are the dutch shops where you can get non alcoholic bevarages and buy and smoke weed)
    So even tho you can legally have a few plants of your own, and it is allowed to buy and posses 5 grams of weed per person we can't buy the real hempoil in the shops and have to make it ourselves.

This is probably because it is more lucrative to sell the weed than to sell the oil. The oil would also be very expensive because in "run from the cure" he say he uses about a pound of dried weedbuds and the price of about a gram of weed in the koffieshop is euro 8,-. (+/- 11 USD)

24. Link to Post #156
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,300 times in 5,193 posts

Default Medical Cannabis and Its Impact on Human Health a Cannabis Documentary

In this myth shattering, information packed documentary, learn from physicians and leading researchers about medicinal cannabis and its demonstrated effects on human health.

This game-changing movie presents the most comprehensive synopsis to date of the real science surrounding the world's most controversial plant.

Topics include: * What the consensus is from over 1500 scientific and medical trials * What conditions have been proven to benefit from medical marijuana * Its historical use as medicine dating back over 5300 years * Methods of delivery and their different advantages * Government sponsored studies intended to show Marijuana having negative effects that yielded the exact opposite results * Common myths about negative effects of Marijuana and what the research really says about these topics

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

ace (21st April 2011), AlkaMyst (21st April 2011), firstlook (21st April 2011), g.k.r (21st April 2011), Gajanana (21st April 2011), Pagan (21st April 2011), PHARAOH (22nd April 2011), silverchimes (21st April 2011)

26. Link to Post #157
    Thanks

Smile Re: Medical Cannabis and Its Impact on Human Health a Cannabis Documentary

ktlight

Here's a thread that I started back in February about Cannabis.....you may find some real good info there!

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-for-Cancer!!!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

27. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

ktlight (21st April 2011)

28. Link to Post #158
    Thanks

Default Re: Medical Cannabis and Its Impact on Human Health a Cannabis Documentary

29. The Following User Says Thank You to g.k.r For This Post:

ktlight (21st April 2011)

30. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,300 times in 5,193 posts

Default Boy, two, with brain cancer is cured after secretly fed medical marijuana by his dad

A desperate father whose son was suffering from a life-threatening brain tumour has revealed he gave him cannabis oil to ease his pain. And he has now apparently made a full recovery.

Cash Hyde, known as Cashy, was a perfectly healthy baby when he was born in June 2008 but became sick shortly before his second birthday.

At first he was misdiagnosed with mono before his parents Mike and Kalli, from Missoula in Montana, were given the devastating news he had a serious brain tumour.

The little boy had to have arduous chemotherapy treatment to reduce the growth, which had drastic side effects including seizures and a blood infection.

His distraught parents were repeatedly told he was likely to succumb to the illness because the condition was so bad.

After one bout of high-dose chemotherapy, Cash was so weak he could not life his head and too sick to eat any solid food for 40 days.

It was at this point that Mr Hyde decided to take action and go down the route of medical marijuana to try and help his young son.

Cash's doctors refused to even discuss the option but his father went and sought authorisation elsewhere and then secretly administered it through his son's feeding tube.

He also told doctors to stop giving Cash the cocktail of anti-nausea drugs he had been taking - although he never told them what he was doing.

Mr Hyde told KXLY that his son started looking better right away.

Mr Hyde said: 'He hadn't eaten a thing in 40 days - and, it was really incredible to watch him take a bite of a piece of cheese. It shows that he wants to live'.

He credits the cannabis oil with helping his son get through the chemo, and say Cash has now been declared cancer free by doctors.

The boy is now back and home and living the life of a typical young boy, playing with is older brother Colty.

Medical marijuana is legal in some states, including Montana, but its use for children is poorly understood and quite rate.

The US federal government does not recognise the legality of using the drug for medical reasons and frequently clashes with states over the issue.

Mr Hyde told KXLY: 'It's very controversial, it's very scary. But, there's nothing more scary than losing your child.'

31. The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Amenjo (6th May 2011), Art (8th May 2011), benevolentcrow (4th May 2011), bilko (5th May 2011), butcherman (8th May 2011), ceetee9 (6th May 2011), Corncrake (5th May 2011), CyRus (4th May 2011), Dennis Leahy (4th May 2011), dmarie (8th May 2011), DoubleHelix (8th May 2011), Eikoor21 (6th May 2011), Eligos (4th May 2011), Floor (5th May 2011), Franny (6th May 2011), Gaia (8th May 2011), gigha (6th May 2011), JRS (6th May 2011), kevlor (5th May 2011), Kindling (6th May 2011), kudzy (5th May 2011), Mystique (6th May 2011), NancyV (5th May 2011), noprophet (6th May 2011), Omni (8th May 2011), Pagan (8th May 2011), penn (7th May 2011), PHARAOH (4th May 2011), RedeZra (7th May 2011), Seikou-Kishi (9th May 2011), seko (6th May 2011), silvervioletrubie (6th May 2011), T Smith (6th May 2011), Teakai (4th May 2011), TheSwede (7th May 2011), the_flyingboy (7th May 2011), thunder24 (6th May 2011), Unicorn (4th May 2011), Woody (4th May 2011)

32. Link to Post #160
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Default Re: Boy, two, with brain cancer is cured after secretly fed medical marijuana by his

Which is why it'll never be legal while the the coroporates are running things.

Which is just soooo disgusting.
    And how many people are brainwashed to believe the propaganda that is pushed about it?

I had a 'debate' with a chemist recently about it. He was truly under the spell of the system. And there are millions more like him.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

Art (8th May 2011), butcherman (8th May 2011), dmarie (8th May 2011), ktlight (5th May 2011), Omni (8th May 2011), Seikou-Kishi (6th May 2011), seko (6th May 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 8 18 25 LastLast