Thread: Solsticitis

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Default Solsticitis

Hi Folks - so as not to pollute threads, I decided this post (which I almost posted in TraineeHuman's OBE thread) would be a massive abuse of poster privileges, so I created my own thread which I am certain will go nowhere and die fast.

RIP

Quote Posted by TraineeHuman (here)
    Though that’s also, as I’ve said, a good reason to ensure you go out there with psychic protection, and even ideally that you first face your dark side fully, as much as you can.
    I am interested in exploring further the depths of your posts, TraineeHuman and this specific segment of your above post I want to discuss.

First, I am one of those types that teach themselves. I found fulfillment only in experiencing what I call "gnosis" which of course many folks may be familiar with the term but I have my own, personal understanding as to what that term means to me. It is not about knowledge as in knowledge of facts, it is more about knowledge of the self as that "self" thing relates to the source of this self, other selves and the experiential realms within which selves become aware of each other. It is not exactly factoid knowledge of these sub components nor the whole but rather more the actual movement along the line of development of this thing I call gnosis.

Here's an example. A guitarist (which was the thing i wanted to be professionally from when I was a young teenager but lacked the raw talent nor the discipline/patience to achieve that dream - I also had a huge ego issue which probably was the greatest obstacle of all) - ok, so back to the analogy... the guitarist.

I saw a video interview of Pat Metheny the other day. In the interview he shared some of his secrets which I found was and is the exact process I apply towards how I develop my own gnosis.

What he shared is how he was classically taught to play a scale - with all 4 fingers. He then shared that what he did on his own was learn to play that same scale but with only three fingers. He then went to the next step where he showed how he played that same scale with two fingers. What he did was on his own, he went off in a direction of development of his ability outside of what he was taught, unprompted by any outsider and an interesting result occurred. His ability to improvise exploded because he had developed the raw ability to move his fingers outside of basic orthodoxy and with no one ear to criticism from those who, when he was young, were superior players.

By stepping outside the box, he became the well renowned jazz guitarist he is today and has been known to be since the 70s. His sound is unique and when I stumble into unknowingly hearing something new of his, I quickly realize, wow, that's Pat Metheny.

Another thing he shared in the interview was that the best person to be is the worst person in the band. Wow again... how brilliant and before I listened to him expand upon that statement, I knew what he was going to say, which he then did. And that is that by setting aside your ego about it all and instead, realize the fortunate position you are in that you can play with these cats... what happens is a sharing dynamic occurs and your own ability rises much more rapidly through the process of your experience.

The key here is all about the ego or well actually, where that ego monster moves back into the best place a realized Spirit being's ego can reside - back into its unprovoked state. In this state, the ego is always at the ready if and when needed but when it is not needed, it is best that it rests quietly in its small and peaceful domain.

and this is where part two of TraineeHuman's statement comes in -

Quote and even ideally that you first face your dark side fully, as much as you can.
    For me the "dark side" has always involved my out of control ego when this element of my being has no justifiable cause to become involved. I am convinced I will never, ever, get rid of, nor transcend, nor grow out of my ego as long as my perspective comes from any sense of separateness. This means that no matter what experience I happen to explore (a waking state, physical realm experience where I perceive myself as anchored in a "body" or the more fluid me that is "the experiencer" when I am OBE (or in my dream state if you will - or when i am doing what some call "astral travel" if you will)... what I am trying to point out is the essentials shared by either of these experiences which are -

There is an "i" the experiencer, there is the realm within which I am experiencing, there is "others" that appear to be life forms of some sort (almost always other "people" in my case but not always) and then when I reflect upon an experience, there is always this lingering question - "how could all this have come about?" which essentially is my creation of "God the Source."

Now, I have a pretty good handle on my "dark side" simply because I see this side of myself as actually my friend and have come to respect most greatly this part of me. In fact, I trust my dark side far more than my "other" side as I have come to know my dark side as my last lie before I surrender and accept a deeper truth about myself. Try and read my last statement again if I lost you there. I am betting there's an essential truth within this last statement and I suspect only the bravest amongst us would be willing to explore this possibility.

So after all these words I just typed, I will finally arrive at the very point I hoped to make and that is that by doing the second part of your statement, TraineeHuman, one has accomplished the first.

So here's what I have done... and you essentially stated this but having the benefit of the seed you planted, I will now water the tree.

By facing and then embracing your dark side and discovering that your dark side may actually be your very best friend, and by making the decision - not from just an intellectual view where you are attempting to create the opportunity of self justification if ever needed but from a true desire that emanates from the center and core of your own heart - that you have only one intention and that intention is to be in positive, right relationship with all and with the all, then you have full, psychic protection as a natural consequence. You don't need to perform any ritual or exercise or feng shui your home, wear a cross or chant some special lines or anything of that nature. You are 100% fully "protected" if that's the word you feel you need to explore.

OK, so I entered into "opinion giving" and I apologize - so, please, understand I am speaking only for myself and am only sharing about me, my process, etc.

I guess the ACIM materials rubbed off on me and through my own development of my own methods I have become a reasonably good improvisor when it comes to playing the instrument I know as "a life experience" which is not really any different than a "guitar."

I usually do most of my playing alone or I put on a CD of one of my favorite artists and join in with the band. I am sad too because I lost my last guitar almost a year back. I have possessed well over 30 or so guitars in my life... all lost one way or another.

One of my favorite memories dates back to the final days of my marriage to Mandy (who I lovingly call, Lucifera)... this was when we were in the midst of our War of the Roses segment of our lives. We started throwing things out our bedroom window into the ocean in front of our home in Curacao. She would grab something that she knew meant a lot to either her or me and she would hurl it into the ocean. I would then grab something important and do the same. In that process I through a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into the ocean. I also even grabbad our dog, Angel, and threw her down the 30 or 40 feet cliff into the ocean... hoping it would shock Lucifera to her senses. Angel simply swam over to the beach and ran back around to our front door with that, WoW... can we do it again look!! hahaa.

Anyways, Mandy's boyfriend, Slavik, (a cool guy from Georgia (formerly part of the USSR) who was an expert scuba diver, secured the guitars and had them hung on the walls inside the local bar - a bar named, "Rumors" which is right next to the Sea Aquarium on the island Curacao (just in case anyone ever visits and wants to see these lovely relics... haha).

Anyways, what's the point of all the above personal garbage I am sure few care to even read...

I am simply pointing out that you can go to movies or you can turn on your television or you can read books, etc. but nothing is like actually jumping into real life, fearlessly and living the movie, living the TV show or the book... writing your story by your very being and not caring if anyone is actually watching or if anyone is actually taking notes.

That's how I have these strange meetups with famous folks... its not because they are famous, it is because I have recognized an amazing Spirit operating the physical form that has a name and develops a physical real persona and sets of talents. And I just wanna be with them, share with them, be of service to them actually... that's the core motivation I have and likely stems from my massive messianic complex which I developed with the help of that nasty Horus-Ra entity... see what I mean?

So now I need to warn the reader to be very careful regarding this next statement because if you read it and not the three or four follow up statements I am placing equal emphasis on, then you will miss the most important point I want to make.

Its my opinion our collective planetary experience could rapidly and massively change if folks would attempt to perform the process I have gone through to get to this way of experiencing life like I have now.

In fact, I am certain of this. BUT! and this is vital to consider with what you just read... there have been thousands and thousands of folks just like me who have found themselves essentially free of the grip of the matrix and have attempted to share how they accomplished it beyond by simply being the change, beyond by sharing about it one on one when the time is right... and those folks always end up, in some strange way, becoming gurus or saviors or designated "knowers" or wielders of some sort of earthly power or popular author (thus a celebrity) or a this or a that that has some label attached and in all cases, their attempts to impart their wisdoms don't seem to create much actual change.

Something suggests to me Gandhi really has it the rightest - "Be the change you want to see."

That's it for me - Seven simple words - there is the true secret to life. Nothing else needs to be added, not even all the words i wrote above as they are simply the shade becoming darker and darker.

"Be the change"

Now just three words

Two days ago I started listening to that Youtube 100 Hits thing they do for many musical artists and the one I decided to listen to was Pat Metheny. I had a work project that required lots of time and concentration and had a deadline so I put Pat on to sooth my process of doing mundane monkey tasks. I had seen Pat many times live in my life... at least a half dozen - He and his band have always been fantastic.

Anyways... Pat was with me through this December 21, 2012 time of human focus. Yesterday I did the same and listened to his music most of the day.

I came upon your post, TraineeHuman, and stayed up way later than I wanted responding.

5 or so hours into my sleep, I dreamed I was with Pat Metheny. The setting was that he was conducting a special guitar class and I was one of the invitees. There were about 15 or so students. We each had our guitars. It was before the teaching session officially started and I was attempting to practice on my own the song Silent Lucidity by Queensryche (recall I posted about Hillary being our American Queen just last night)

I just now decided to listen to it and read the lyrics along with the song - mind blowingly applicable to this thread, yes?

I am the child in the song.

I am the one silently smiling at the child in silent lucidity - I am the one watching over me.

I am in the dream.

I am those I encounter in the dream.

The awakened state seems to be nothing more than a denser form of experience as the dream state - lucid dreaming... which is what I mostly do, is where one is not only an observer (or the one stuff "happens to") but where one has developed the talent (based on believing that you can... like a young boy might believe he can learn to play a guitar and one day become a rock star) of actual participation and eventually the talent of co-directing the dream.

I get the feeling this is what I have been doing all my life since my earliest memories of actual flying dreams (like Super man) and that this is the state where I enter into these other dimensional realms consciously. It is my sense and feeling that we are all, always in these realms simultaneously in every now moment, but that we are simply not consciously aware of this while anchored in the waking state.

Now trust me, I am no expert... I am simply typing words as dots connect mentally.

In last nights dream, I was unable to play the guitar to my satisfaction and so endured what I have endured through most of my waking life as well as the several dozen guitar playing dreams, and that is that I am not a very good player (my standards are the great guitarists like Pat Metheny and David Gilmour for example). But perhaps I will have my ego in the right place in a future life and I will get to be a guitar player that achieves peer recognition.

In this life, I am nothing but an obscure odds maker that has a secret life exploring the things we do on this forum. I have a funny feeling that if the folks at my office discovered the Avalon forum... it might effect my "position" in a way I might not desire.

I mean, in the real world, who wants to be dependent upon someone who has dealt with being possessed by an other dimensional entity of the likes of a Horus-Ra entity, has spilled their life story in every possible detail like I have and basically exposed the birthday suit of my soul, the suicide attempts, the over a dozen "rehabs" (many simply were mental institutions), jails and all... that i believe in ETs and in both physical and non physical form, that I not only believe in the lovely "conspiracy" but much to the dismay of folks even here on Avalon, I see the ultimate bad guy as simply a component of myself and thus blame no one yet seek resolution to the SRHandAS and SRA that appears to be occurring on earth daily and well...

You get the picture.

I think I am suffering from solsticitis so apologies.
    Last edited by Chester; 23rd December 2012 at 04:07.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Anchor (23rd December 2012), AwakeInADream (24th December 2012), Caren (23rd December 2012), CdnSirian (24th December 2012), Dorjezigzag (23rd December 2012), enfoldedblue (23rd December 2012), Eram (23rd December 2012), Gardener (23rd December 2012), Gekko (23rd December 2012), lookbeyond (23rd December 2012), modwiz (24th December 2012), music (23rd December 2012), SKAWF (23rd December 2012), TraineeHuman (23rd December 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Default Re: Solsticitis

It's hard to find anything to say in response, Chester, because you've said so much truth, and so genuinely and honestly.

This post would have been very welcome in the other thread, I'm sure. So, maybe you should be more kind to yourself. After all you've been through, what's the point of being hard on yourself anyway? Why the apologies?

You've found the secret of your dark side -- that it's your friend, and always was, and that the Beast changes into a prince (or somebody who can hold their own with any famous person), once you recognize that this was your friend all along. Because without our Beast, we could never become strong enough to, ironically, fully face it and so become free of its castle-prison. And, as you say, that secret can only be found through experience, through right suffering. The less suffering we expose ourselves to the better, in my view, but some intense suffering is necessary for us to get that secret.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 23rd December 2012 at 01:17.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

AwakeInADream (24th December 2012), Caren (23rd December 2012), CdnSirian (24th December 2012), Chester (23rd December 2012), Eram (23rd December 2012), Gardener (23rd December 2012), lookbeyond (23rd December 2012), ulli (23rd December 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 times in 448 posts

Quote Its my opinion our collective planetary experience could rapidly and massively change if folks would attempt to perform the process I have gone through to get to this way of experiencing life like I have now.

In fact, I am certain of this. BUT! and this is vital to consider with what you just read... there have been thousands and thousands of folks just like me who have found themselves essentially free of the grip of the matrix and have attempted to share how they accomplished it beyond by simply being the change, beyond by sharing about it one on one when the time is right... and those folks always end up, in some strange way, becoming gurus or saviors or designated "knowers" or wielders of some sort of earthly power or popular author (thus a celebrity) or a this or a that that has some label attached and in all cases, there attempts to impart their wisdoms don't seem to create much actual change.
    By holding someone up on a pedestal and refusing to acknowledge or integrate their flaws, one can absolve themselves of all responsibility. We can look up to such a celebrity in a kind of detached awe, relegating their accomplishments and insights to a separate, entertainment-only area of our lives, like Sundays-only religion where one is expected to pay lip service to certain ideals but is seen as insane if they try to live them in everyday situations. If one is seen as perfect, with all the answers, we can safely deposit them in a corner of our minds for museum viewings since we put them out of our range of possibility. I do this too.

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Chester,

A lot of the pathways of thinking you express depend on how judgmental you want to be on yourself. And there is nothing wrong with that.

A suggestion - you may want to play with the characterization your "Dark" side as your shadow side. The reason for this is that something must cast a shadow, (the shadow is dark - hence the dark side) and for this to work, there is an implicit requirement for there to be light present.

In this way, you are working in an overall context of a unity based reality. You then get to explore both your own relative light and "dark" sides - with their specific features that are unique to you and of your own creation; in a creation that is essentially only love and its consequent light - and where darkness is simply a relative term - and a consequence of the distortions we each create.

It is my impression that you are more advanced in your seeking than you actually seem to think - so you should be right at home in working with in a larger context of unity.
    Last edited by Anchor; 23rd December 2012 at 03:14.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

CdnSirian (24th December 2012), Chester (23rd December 2012), modwiz (24th December 2012), RunningDeer (24th December 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

Good post justoneman, and firstly, as a musician I would say Pat is right about being the worst rather than the best in terms of learning opportunities!

As we move through life, we have many experiences that we find difficult to deal with. Our natural response to things we can't deal with is to put them away. In serious cases, this is in fact a survival mechanism, and in my case, after serious sexual abuse as a five year old, I shut the memory away until I was 17, and able to deal with it (in a way). Each experience or feeling we shut away takes a little part of us with it, so we are left with diverse fragments of ourselves that are isolated from the whole in a dark prison away from light and love. Because we lock these things in the dark, they naturally accrue other dark energetic fragments, mostly from one of society's many fear-generating or control mechanisms. These energies are often tied to ideas of "bad" or "evil", or to notions of sexuality - all the stuff society tells us is not nice, or not to be exposed to polite society. So the initial energy we have hidden away becomes distorted, and laden with baggage, and becomes an attractor for things we label as "dark". So what were once vulnerable fragments of ourselves that we put away for safekeeping until we have the resources to deal with them, become huge, dark monsters of the subconscious that we drive further away with our fear.

Those that would control us know this process all too well, and they use it to their advantage. That is why we are spoon-fed fear from cradle to grave, and that is why we have twisted sexuality and tied it to notions of filth - the sacral chakra, which deals with sexuality is an important element in the quest for enligtenment, and a disabled sacral chakra also predisposes us to psychological fear. So society's agenda-makers take the most vulnerable and scared parts of us and heap sh1t upon them until they are cast in the role of mighty demons. This is a great way to ensure that we never reach full self-realisation. How could we, when we are not in contact with all of ourselves? Anyone who claims to be self-realised or aware, yet hasn't done the hard work of dealing with their inner demons, is sadly deluded. There are no exceptions to this, it is an energetic and spiritual truth that is beyond the protestations of the ego.

I would say I have dealt with virtually all of my darkness now. It is a scary process, that's why most never attempt it, and call their own dark fragments evil or devil. The ease of the process though would surprise most. All we need do is give these fragments what they want, which is love. How would you feel if you were a scared child that instead of being loved and comforted, was locked away in a dark, loveless place, and continually had nothing but sh1t dropped on you? Often immense energy has accrued around these fragments, and they are capable of eliciting a near heart-stopping fear response. We merely need to stand our ground and accept this demon as part of ourselves, and to shower it with unconditional love. The massive demon is then put into perspective - a small fragment within the immensity of the all (which is us).

A seperate, but related subject is why we have allowed the idea of evil to be tied to the feminine principle, and in so doing made ourselves 50% less effective.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to music For This Post:

AwakeInADream (24th December 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

"A seperate, but related subject is why we have allowed the idea of evil to be tied to the feminine principle, and in so doing made ourselves 50% less effective. " So true and not to be a distraction.

JOM thanks for sharing so carefully and deliberately. I really appreciate it, though right now I don't have a good reply. But I might.

May the Spirit of the Season be with you - always!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

music (28th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread