+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: Ascension, Dolores Cannon and '5D': Splitting into two Earths

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Youniverse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 times in 532 posts

Default Re: Ascension, Dolores Cannon and '5D': Splitting into two Earths

It would be wise to reserve judgement, especially regarding phenomenon like ascension(whatever that really means), transitioning to 5D, and so on. Can any of us recall experiencing any of these before? So I wouldn't be so certain about whether this or that is happening right now. Or whether or not so and so ascended. How do we know? Maybe some did?
    If we want to be enlightened, we need to lighten up

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Youniverse For This Post:

airaspect (25th March 2013), Camilo (22nd January 2014), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (23rd January 2014), turiya (25th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Youniverse (here)
    Can any of us recall experiencing any of these before? So I wouldn't be so certain about whether this or that is happening right now. Or whether or not so and so ascended. How do we know? Maybe some did?
    I'm hoping that this is the transition time... Hopefully it won't last for too long.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Diddibigeni (25th March 2013), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), Sunny-side-up (23rd January 2014), turiya (25th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Oh, well... reposting this in case it opens a few more eyes about Dolores Canon, hypnosis and the bizarre results and interpretations:

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    On those ancient civilizations, there is a lot of “golden age” mythology that looks to some distant past when our ancestors had something wonderful that we lost. I am highly wary of those myths anymore, and wonder if there is any fact at all behind them. There have been many New Age myths about the Mayans and Anasazi ascending, advanced technological civilizations that are no more, how all that ancient stonework must have had ET technology behind it, and so on. As the toolset of anthropologists has improved and the efforts of reconstruction have become more multidisciplinary, many of those myths have evaporated. Epic droughts brought an end to the Classic Mayans and the Anasazi, and their declines were not pretty. As anthropologists learned to decipher the Mayan glyphs, the story that came clear was that the Mayans were like all the other ancient civilizations, with elites playing their games, with wars and politics centering around who got the benefit of the agricultural surplus, etc. The Classic Mayan phase ended in a bloodbath, as the city-states warred over shrinking resources. The Anasazi deforested their environment, which contributed to their decline. By the time of the collapse, they were importing logs from as far as fifty miles away, and cannibalism marked their end.

The lessons that our ancient ancestors have to teach us may mostly be cautionary.

[...]

Wade

In corroboration of the above paragraph:

the full set, in 5 parts

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bab6k...feature=relmfu
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=BYUEn...feature=relmfu
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=QB-N4...feature=relmfu
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=miDcd...feature=relmfu
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=udpC4...feature=relmfu

Now compare the above to this Dolores Canon interpretation of the same event from the data she collected from patients under "deep hypnosis":

http://the2012scenario.com/2011/05/d...the-new-earth/

The first few minutes of the above video from Dolores were enough for me to realize that something is amiss with her method and her results.

With no crops growing... the harvest was of the souls... what a way to ascend!

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Chester (22nd March 2013), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Marching around in a circle, which is actually a slow upward spiral.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), minkton (22nd March 2013), Neal (22nd March 2013), RUSirius (22nd March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Quote Posted by Maia Gabrial (here)
    I'd say Delores is off her rocker.
    lol this made me laugh. I agree. The bees ascended?.......

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

I would not simply say that she's off her rocker. That could be seen as presumptive projection.

For example, I can say:

"I Am."

Thus, it can be explained in that infinity of simplicity or..an infinity of complexity can be entertained, to try and 'explain'.

All written works and words of all humanity do not suffice, and those two words to not suffice.

Yet, to some, the simplicity survives and is not just adequate, but perfect..enough.

In that case or myriad unfolding of potentials, those few words to not convey what she is trying to say, it is a set of a few words taken completely out of context.

The bigger danger, it could be said, in any case and any situation... is being enraptured with the reflection -instead of getting on with it.

To flow without judgement as projection of the body/avatar.

Initially, such a proposal seems fraught with danger, as the 'feeling' of the body avatar..is that one will be hacked to pieces by 'other', if one does not bear (hold) a mental projection sword in kind... and parry the thrust that is felt and imagined to be in the reflection of words and world (all perception of the body).

The reality is quite different. It is only the body's construct and designs based in self preservation that die off, and cease holding the being in the avatar from being held captive by the window of the Avatar's dual direction data flow. The opening becomes greater, not less. The illusion of control dissipates, as it was never there. Control through freedom and a larger window of existence, is what emerges. Control of self and thus no need to project and narrow. No need to interfere (project) at or in other.

Point being .. is when one enters the bargain of 'I think', then it is practically a forgone conclusion that one is not.

Potential and possibility ends when projection begins.
    Last edited by Carmody; 23rd March 2013 at 17:05.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

araucaria (23rd March 2013), eaglespirit (23rd March 2013), Eram (20th June 2013), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), RUSirius (26th March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013), Youniverse (25th March 2013)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Dolores Cannon, like those she works with, is working on multiple levels. On one level she is helping her clients with their mundane problems, also their paranormal issues, and often the health issues at the interface of the two are being resolved as well; on top of this she is conducting her own broader investigation at a deeper level, whenever the subject is willing. Her method can be compared to channeling, except that in her case the channels number in their hundreds and she derives an overall message from these. In that sense, her analysis has all the power of a meta-analysis. Many unconnected witnesses are telling the same story.

Similarly the Avalon member can work on multiple levels, browsing one window onto a conspiracy thread, while feeding off another with a spiritual discussion etc., and he can do all this while eating a (possibly junk) sandwich for his physical sustenance.

The Maya also functioned on multiple levels. While on one level their civilization as a whole may have suffered from drought and war or whatever, on another they devised and/or used a highly sophisticated astronomical, architectural and mathematical system way ahead of their time. Among other anachronisms, back then and there they should never have been familiar with the zero symbol for example. We think we cannot be talking about the same people, and yet we are. We cannot possibly truly understand them until we resolve this paradox.

What I am saying is that if our ‘If…then’ reasoning – if x is true then y is false – is inadvertently applied to different levels as if they were the same, then that reasoning will be invalid.

I think we probably all do this more often than we think. I am sure being aware of this problem can avoid a lot of soul-searching regarding who is telling the truth and who is spreading disinfo.

Dolores Cannon has two things speaking in her favour: the therapeutic value of her work is surely verifiable and measurable. We usually accept her word for it, but as William James says, verifiability is usually an adequate approximation for truth. Secondly, more subjectively, she is probably the last person one would expect to be working for the CIA. I for one just don’t see it.

This means that if she is simply broadcasting disinfo from the matrix, then the matrix really has all bases covered, and the prospects are bleaker than anyone still fighting can have thought.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Camilo (25th March 2013), Carmody (24th March 2013), eaglespirit (23rd March 2013), Eram (24th March 2013), Gardener (25th March 2013), greybeard (23rd March 2013), Joe Akulis (25th March 2013), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), seko (24th March 2013), spiritwind (24th March 2013), ThePythonicCow (23rd March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013), ulli (24th March 2013), Wind (24th March 2013), Youniverse (25th March 2013)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,652 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    What I am saying is that if our ‘If…then’ reasoning – if x is true then y is false – is inadvertently applied to different levels as if they were the same, then that reasoning will be invalid.
    Brilliant !
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

araucaria (24th March 2013), eaglespirit (23rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), RUSirius (26th March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013), Youniverse (25th March 2013)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

I don't know Dolores, I really don't follow channelings or "ascension" matters per se, but what I can tell you is that personally, I have felt the difference between the confined existence of 3D, and the unconstrained existence at higher levels for quite some time now, and that the dichotomy feels like it is tending to critical mass. 3D existence seems to be expressed mostly in the form of surfacing fears, and these fears are cries from parts of myself that I have repressed along the harsh road of physical existence. 4D is a minefield of discarnate energy - we really need to get our houses in order before crossing it.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Camilo (24th March 2013), Finefeather (27th March 2013), Joe Akulis (25th March 2013), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), spiritwind (24th March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013), Wind (24th March 2013), Youniverse (25th March 2013)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

This means that if she is simply broadcasting disinfo from the matrix, then the matrix really has all bases covered, and the prospects are bleaker than anyone still fighting can have thought.
    My comment before this one was a joke.

I would say that Dolores Cannon work is very worthwhile.

She like any other will make the occasional error, or say something that out of a wider context is open to misinterpretation.

All material that is channeled or gained via a proxy that is hypnotized etc etc is subject to varying degrees of this distortion.

For the most part I have found Dolores Cannons material illuminating and consistent with my own personal framework of understanding.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

araucaria (24th March 2013), Camilo (24th March 2013), Finefeather (27th March 2013), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), RUSirius (26th March 2013), turiya (24th March 2013), Wind (24th March 2013)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    My comment before this one was a joke.
    I would say that Dolores Cannon work is very worthwhile.
    She like any other will make the occasional error, or say something that out of a wider context is open to misinterpretation.
    All material that is channeled or gained via a proxy that is hypnotized etc etc is subject to varying degrees of this distortion.
    For the most part I have found Dolores Cannons material illuminating and consistent with my own personal framework of understanding.
    It seems to me that what Dolores has found from her research also coincides with much of what others have said with regard to the upcoming changes, new energy frequencies that are incoming & most importantly how we choose to, or not choose, to make a shift in the ways that we respond to given situations. (Others would include, for example, Chris Thomas & Bashar)

Bashar - Predictions (2012 and beyond)

turiya

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

The time factor is always a major distortion. In The Custodians, she comes back after a couple of hours to the same contact, who meanwhile has done a whole years work. And conversely, a whole ‘UFO’ encounter can be squeezed in to a matter of seconds with practically no missing time at all. And the subsequent hypnosis session, sometimes years later, fits into that same time slot.

This is the source of much confusion over the idea of ‘ascension’ as being an instantaneous shift, compared with the more drawn-out affair that others are seeing. At some level, there is no disagreement. The hard thing to accept, for some, is that such a fast-forward along our current timeline is entirely feasible – which is not to say it is likely to happen.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), turiya (24th March 2013), Wind (25th March 2013)

24. Link to Post #33
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

Most confusion, by channeling mediums, is a result of their own not knowing...I wanted to avoid the word ignorant because it seems to have a negative effect on some people.
    A little obvious fact that I have learnt...was part of a channeling group for years, in my day...not the channeler...is that the quality of the message is dependent on the 'level' of awareness of the channeler.

Is there such a thing as a 5D earth, as apposed to a 3D earth? is a good question and would obviously be dependent on what a 5D earth could be. I think I recall Raf tell us, some where, that all this talk about 'D's...as in dimensions and densities is all too confusing and is often used to make us believe the writer knows what he/she is talking about...I have to agree with him.

So...here is my understanding of this mystery...based on my OB experience throughout my life. Warning!...never believe a thing you hear, until you can prove it to yourself.

At the exact moment I leave my body, I stand next to my bed, just to orientate my self...I can see everything around me as if I was wide awake...I can walk through walls and fly...I experience no weight and can bring back bits of information, like the registration number of a car in the road outside my house...I think the same as I do in my body...I am not all knowing.
    I then will my self to the place I wish to be, or sometimes I am met by friends, in my room and they direct me with thought...this thought communication is different here, because you are not aware you are thinking, like you can be aware of thinking whilst in the body...it's more of a knowing what they want me to do...and here is were the fun starts. From this state, I can move into many different states of awareness and in 45 years of work, I have never ever seen a sign saying..."You are about to enter the 5th dimension - please keep your language clean"

What does happen, however, is that you start to loose your sense of body as you become more aware of a larger sense of space. It's a bit like opening a camera lens...the wider it becomes the less you become aware of you as say...'John the Baptist'...and the more you become aware of just being. There is no real association, at a certain point, with your earth self...you forget who you are and seem to have no interest in what is lying on the bed in your room...until your call to return...when you regain this association.
    Now the interesting think from an intention point of view...is what is really the answer to the question about 'D's. As we expand in this state, we loose the idea of having any argument or conflict with anything...everything starts to become a pleasure to behold and witness...and you feel light and in love and interested in everything and everyone. I have got caught up for what seemed like ages in total awe of the surrounding and people that you meet. It is like meeting a stranger and spending the rest of your day with them...like your first date with the girl or boy of your dreams

So getting back to earth reality...the "D"s are really misleading and have been used by us to compartmentalize our life. It has nothing to do with the place physically...it is to do with how we think, our attitudes and our intentions. Simply put...the higher your unconditional love is evident...the higher "D" you are 'operating' from. If you think true unconditional love is easy to fully realize...you may need to have a good honest look at your life.
    This living in some state of "D" applies in the physical life AND in the after death life...there is NO difference. Crudely put...if you are a bad guy when you die you will be living in the area/"D" which your vibrational state permits and if you are a good guy, you will be living in the area/"D" which your vibrational state permits...you can go down easy but it takes effort and love to progress. Just remember one small thing...The Love that people talk about in the realms is not the soppy emotional love we see around us on this planet...it is a love of an intense nature, wanting to serve and give up your entire life, if necessary, for the upliftment of the human race.

Now there is a lot more to this than just this simple story I just told, and do not for one moment think that it applies to all because there are some very advanced souls entering earth space right now and they will be around for thousands of years...they are our brothers...who have gone on before us and are now answering the call...you will know them by their actions...do not become confused.

Take care
    Ray

25. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

AuCo (25th March 2013), Carmody (25th March 2013), Eram (24th March 2013), Gardener (25th March 2013), Hervé (24th March 2013), Joe Akulis (25th March 2013), Kraut (24th March 2013), Lone Bean (24th March 2013), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), meat suit (7th April 2013), onawah (27th March 2013), RMorgan (24th March 2013), RunningDeer (7th April 2013), Sebastion (24th March 2013), sunflower (8th January 2014), turiya (24th March 2013), Wind (25th March 2013), Youniverse (25th March 2013)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 700 posts

Hmm...

Dimension: A physical property, such as mass, length, time, or a combination thereof, regarded as a fundamental measure or as one of a set of fundamental measures of a physical quantity:

So for example we have...

1st Dimension = Left / Right
    2nd Dimension = Up / Down
    3rd Dimension = Backward / Forward
    4th Dimension = TIME (from the above)

Why do so many describe time as "a minefield of discarnate energy "

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mad Hatter For This Post:

Finefeather (26th March 2013), Gardener (25th March 2013), music (24th March 2013), RMorgan (24th March 2013), turiya (24th March 2013)

28. Link to Post #35
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

The Maya also functioned on multiple levels. While on one level their civilization as a whole may have suffered from drought and war or whatever, on another they devised and/or used a highly sophisticated astronomical, architectural and mathematical system way ahead of their time. Among other anachronisms, back then and there they should never have been familiar with the zero symbol for example. We think we cannot be talking about the same people, and yet we are. We cannot possibly truly understand them until we resolve this paradox.

Hey mate,

I´ll tell you what; Remember that the maker of the claim is the one who´s got to prove his point. So, is there any circumstantial, empirical, historical or even anecdotal evidence pointing that the Maya have ascended?

Big claims should be coupled with big proof, and you know that.

There´s historical evidence pointing that the Maya population exceeded the carrying capacity of the environment including exhaustion of agricultural potential and overhunting of megafauna. In this same period, a drought period arrived and was magnified by the way the Maya converted much of their forest land into cropland, which reduced evapotranspiration and thus rainfall, making that drought persist for about 200 years.

If you research a bit about Mayan history, you´ll see that there´s plenty evidence supporting this hypothesis.

Even then, the Maya didn't vanish, as the "Ascensionists" like to say; Their society persisted through their Postclassic and Colonial periods, when they finally were definitively subdued by the Spanish in 1697.

Now, show me one thing supporting the ascension hypothesis. There´s none, besides Dolores Cannon words, of course.

About what you call paradox, it isn´t much of a paradox. There are many historical and scientific evidences pointing that the Maya, the Egyptian and other advanced cultures shared a common ancestor, from who they inherited the biggest part of their scientific knowledge. We don´t know who this common ancestor may be for sure, though; History has limitations.

What truly is a paradox to me is people calling a society known for its brutality, which used to make human cannibalistic sacrifices several times a year and even made "olympic" games where the losers would immediately be "sacrificed" to their "gods", spiritually advanced. The Mayans weren´t spiritually advanced. Period. They were brutal and there´s plenty evidence to prove that.

The new agers like to portrait the Maya as a peaceful society; They couldn´t be more wrong about that.

For anyone interested, I recommend reading a book called The Rise and Fall of the Maya Civilization, by John Eric Sidney Thompson. This article is very good as well.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 24th March 2013 at 14:20.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Finefeather (24th March 2013), Gardener (25th March 2013), Hervé (24th March 2013), Mad Hatter (24th March 2013), RUSirius (26th March 2013), Sebastion (24th March 2013), turiya (24th March 2013)

30. Link to Post #36
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Quote Posted by Mad Hatter (here)
    Hmm...

Dimension: A physical property, such as mass, length, time, or a combination thereof, regarded as a fundamental measure or as one of a set of fundamental measures of a physical quantity:

So for example we have...

1st Dimension = Left / Right
    2nd Dimension = Up / Down
    3rd Dimension = Backward / Forward
    4th Dimension = TIME (from the above)

Why do so many describe time as "a minefield of discarnate energy"
    Throwing Nassim Haramein into the mix...

So, from Nassim, we have:
    1st Dimension = Left / Right = non existent
    2nd Dimension = Up / Down = non existent
    3rd Dimension = Backward / Forward = non existent

So, we are left with 2 non existent dimensions making up a 3D form. The 3D form created out of two other non existent forms can only yield a form being non existent itself. Then this non existent 3D form is placed within a "minefield of discarnate (non material) energy"... 4D.
    mmm... I would say that all that one is left with is the only true reality that exists, which is one's own witnessing consciousness... i.e. the observer.

So, to add to the confusion/non confusion spectrograph, I submit a third term, one in which I would consider the most important term of the three.

dimension
    density
    reality

Not only can we talk about the several dimensions, densities, but also several different realities that one can exist in, and/or shift in & out of. To illustrate this further, I turn to yet another Bashar video. Bashar, in the following video, explains the possibility of shifting into different "parallel" realities. One would, of course, have to be keenly aware of how & when one would have made such a shift. A shift in one's pattern of thought (negative-positive), according to Bashar, is how this is accomplished. The woman asking the question(s), has no understanding of what she had done until it was explained to her.

To further illustrate, here's another video whereby the practitioners are helping the patient to make the shift in reality. A "parallel" reality where the cancerous tumor of the bladder does not exist.

turiya
    Last edited by turiya; 24th March 2013 at 16:38.

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)

Hey mate,

I´ll tell you what; Remember that the maker of the claim is the one who´s got to prove his point. So, is there any circumstantial, empirical, historical or even anecdotal evidence pointing that the Maya have ascended?

Big claims should be coupled with big proof, and you know that.

There´s historical evidence pointing that the Maya population exceeded the carrying capacity of the environment including exhaustion of agricultural potential and overhunting of megafauna. In this same period, a drought period arrived and was magnified by the way the Maya converted much of their forest land into cropland, which reduced evapotranspiration and thus rainfall, making that drought persist for about 200 years.

If you research a bit about Mayan history, you´ll see that there´s plenty evidence supporting this hypothesis.

Even then, the Maya didn't vanish, as the "Ascensionists" like to say; Their society persisted through their Postclassic and Colonial periods, when they finally were definitively subdued by the Spanish in 1697.

Now, show me one thing supporting the ascension hypothesis. There´s none, besides Dolores Cannon words, of course.

About what you call paradox, it isn´t much of a paradox. There are many historical and scientific evidences pointing that the Maya, the Egyptian and other advanced cultures shared a common ancestor, from who they inherited the biggest part of their scientific knowledge. We don´t know who this common ancestor may be for sure, though; History has limitations.

What truly is a paradox to me is people calling a society known for its brutality, which used to make human cannibalistic sacrifices several times a year and even made "olympic" games where the losers would immediately be "sacrificed" to their "gods", spiritually advanced. The Mayans weren´t spiritually advanced. Period. They were brutal and there´s plenty evidence to prove that.

The new agers like to portrait the Maya as a peaceful society; They couldn´t be more wrong about that.

For anyone interested, I recommend reading a book called The Rise and Fall of the Maya Civilization, by John Eric Sidney Thompson. This article is very good as well.

Raf.
    Hey mate
    The first half of your post has nothing to do with me. I have told you elsewhere that I don’t do belief/disbelief, so why would I want to claim the Maya ascended? I have no opinion/interest either way and in fact I made no such claim. However, it certainly doesn’t strike me as nearly as far-fetched as it sounds to you (see below).

I said, regarding D. Cannon, that she did therapeutic work and her patients can surely give references regarding the efficacy of her work. Here you have some ‘objective evidence’ as to the quality of her work. I did not say she was infallible. In fact, if you read her writings, her own positions (those of her contacts) evolve over time, because she is constantly making new contacts who bring different pieces of the jigsaw.

Regarding the Maya, the paradox I refer to is the one that you describe. You cannot reconcile their ‘brutality’ with any advanced spirituality. Well, someone who can is an M. Div. (master of divinity), Douglas Gillette, in The Shaman’s Secret: The Resurrection Teachings of the Ancient Maya. This writer makes no bones (pun not intended) about the brutality of human sacrifice and yet he manages to see it in a positive light. You would need to read the book, but here is one quote for you:

Quote The understanding that gradually dawned on me, the puzzle that was filling in and taking shape before my eyes, was that the Maya shamans had encoded in their art and writings a system for transforming the human soul into a durable being capable of defeating death and embracing immortality – a kind of ‘resurrection technology’. This technology included sacred objects, ritual practices, and achieving altered states of consciousness in which oneness with the Divine Being was possible. I also realized that the very act of my seeking was changing me. I was discovering something within myself – an iridescent core – and a more vivid, passionate, and courageous way of living. I found myself being drawn downwards into a macabre realm of shadows and, at the same time, released into a dimension of astounding peace and light. I was entering the frightening and miraculous world of the ancient Maya and beginning to see and hear at least a part of what they saw and heard in their ecstatic communions with their frightening and soothing gods.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Eram (24th March 2013), Joe Akulis (25th March 2013), Mad Hatter (25th March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013)

33. Link to Post #38
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Regarding the Maya, the paradox I refer to is the one that you describe. You cannot reconcile their ‘brutality’ with any advanced spirituality. Well, someone who can is an M. Div. (master of divinity), Douglas Gillette, in The Shaman’s Secret: The Resurrection Teachings of the Ancient Maya. This writer makes no bones (pun not intended) about the brutality of human sacrifice and yet he manages to see it in a positive light. You would need to read the book, but here is one quote for you:

Quote The understanding that gradually dawned on me, the puzzle that was filling in and taking shape before my eyes, was that the Maya shamans had encoded in their art and writings a system for transforming the human soul into a durable being capable of defeating death and embracing immortality – a kind of ‘resurrection technology’. This technology included sacred objects, ritual practices, and achieving altered states of consciousness in which oneness with the Divine Being was possible. I also realized that the very act of my seeking was changing me. I was discovering something within myself – an iridescent core – and a more vivid, passionate, and courageous way of living. I found myself being drawn downwards into a macabre realm of shadows and, at the same time, released into a dimension of astounding peace and light. I was entering the frightening and miraculous world of the ancient Maya and beginning to see and hear at least a part of what they saw and heard in their ecstatic communions with their frightening and soothing gods.
    Hi again my friend,

Man, this is dangerous territory, I mean, claiming that the Mayans murdered people for their own good, so they could "resurrect" in a better realm. It´s pretty hard to believe that there is a positive side in making human sacrifices.

Honestly, there´s plenty of evidence that the Mayan priests and kings used their superior astronomy knowledge to lure their people, which were deliberately kept in ignorance, into believing that they had connections with the divine. So, the masses definitively believed that the sacrifices were a good and divine thing, but the Mayan elite knew better.

I mean, let´s say, as an example, that they knew a solar eclipse is going to happen "tomorrow", so they tell people that one of their gods is going to eat the sun tomorrow morning. Of course, their prediction is going to be fulfilled, then people will believe they are really connected to god, after all, how come they knew that it was going to happen in advance? Then during the eclipse, they tell people that they need to kill a bunch of them to make god give up on the idea of eating the sun. Then, they "sacrifice" people and the sun goes back to normal. Then, people believe them even more.

As far as the Mayan experts understand this issue, there used to be an elite among the Mayan, which used their superior secret knowledge to keep the masses under control by giving themselves a deity status.

So, if you ask me to believe that the Mayans killed people because they were good guys and just wanted to send them to heaven, I would say, no way. The whole story of sacrificing people to please the gods was deliberately constructed to keep the power on the hands of a selected minority.

There´s archaeological evidence showing that such knowledge was kept secret and well guarded on restricted access areas, such as secret chambers in temples, and could be accessed only by high priests and members of their elite.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 24th March 2013 at 17:12.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Gekko (25th March 2013), Hervé (24th March 2013), Mad Hatter (25th March 2013), RUSirius (26th March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013)

35. Link to Post #39
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

This is partly off topic but leading on from Mayan sacrifices.
    Unfortunately nothing much has changed--- only difference is that those that sacrifice are volunteers---ie armed forces.
    People are prepared to fight and die for the highest good---defending their country.
    Unfortunately thats the same thing that's sold to opposing soldiers.
    It could well be that the Mayans, who were sacrificed, took it to be a great honour to die in order to save their civilisation.

What Dolores has going for her, as has been said, is that there is a uniformity of information coming out.
    She is just sharing what she believe to be true.
    A lot better than saying we have to literally fight for something.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

araucaria (24th March 2013), Mad Hatter (25th March 2013), RMorgan (24th March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013), Wind (25th March 2013), Youniverse (25th March 2013)

37. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

It is a complex area Raf. I don’t have much to add at this point, mainly because the Maya and Dolores’ take on that civilization (which I haven’t actually read) was not at all the subject of my posts.

While obviously no one here is condoning violence of any kind, the whole difficulty lies in getting beyond black and white issues of good and evil, and a struggle to the death against forces we call archontic, satanic or whatever. We have to get beyond this primitive stage.

I’ll just quote one more passage from the same book and then I’m done with this.

Quote Of course, there is no place for the Maya atrocities in our society. But for the Maya, human sacrifice did convey powerful truths about owning and integrating the shadow that dwells in the depths of all human souls. Like the ancient shamans, Jung warned that pretending to be all good leads to the crippling of our souls. For Jung this refusal to take responsibility for all of who we are and work with it to achieve a kind of fiercely benevolent wholeness is the greatest moral evil of all, for it leads to the unconscious acting out of our dark impulses. What we do not integrate within ourselves we will inevitably vent on others.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Carmody (25th March 2013), Gekko (25th March 2013), greybeard (24th March 2013), Mad Hatter (25th March 2013), RMorgan (24th March 2013), turiya (25th March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast