+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demand A Plan - The exposé

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Default Demand A Plan - The exposé

Trenchant exposé of the 'Demand A Plan' celebrity crowd.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1OayyLQi6vE

This video needs to go viral.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Akasha (26th December 2012), albativo (26th December 2012), binemaya (26th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Demand A Plan - The exposé

Does anyone really take anything a "celebrity" has to say for real? I doubt most of them could say anything intelligent if it wasn't on a teleprompter in front of them.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to albativo For This Post:

modwiz (26th December 2012), PHARAOH (26th December 2012), seko (26th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

This video is not defined enough, demand a plan,which kind of plan.

They will come with a plan Americans won't like.

Will it be a plan to stop feeding pills and chemicals to young people to make them unconscious of their behavior.

Will it be a plan to ban violence in video games

Will it be a plan to ban bullying in school

Will it be a plan to support families with trouble teens

Will it be a plan to say the truth about what governments have been hiding

Will it be a plan to stop warring all over the planet

Will it be a plan to stop the kiling of children abroad

Or, will it just be a plan to forbid weapons? with nothing else.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

centreoflight (26th December 2012), Cjay (26th December 2012), mosquito (26th December 2012), PHARAOH (26th December 2012), seko (26th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Tesseract (here)

The plan I demand is The Reset Button (or something very similar.)

Once again, all of these people (who happen to be celebrities - most of whom have been paid huge sums of money to act in movies, pretending to blow people's brains out) are asking/begging/demanding that the sociopaths in power do something.

I don't want THEM to do something. I don't want THEM to do anything else. THEY have done enough damage for many lifetimes.

I demand they all step down.

I demand that ordinary citizens with no corporate ties be the only ones eligible to run for office.

I demand that the corporate agenda in the public sector be stopped and their voices silenced.

I demand that ordinary citizens take over governance of my country.

I am sure that ordinary citizens - that have no corporate agenda and that listen to their citizen constituents - will make choices that for once are citizen-centric and eco-logical.

The president of the Unites States has personally taken part in the execution of well over 1000 innocent civilians in the phony war on terror. That is more than 40 Sandy Hooks. I demand that this criminal action and nefarious example of leadership be stopped! I demand that the US end torture and indefinite detainment without due process. I demand that the US stop imposing sanctions on nations to squeeze them to death (as we murdered - via sanction - nearly one million Iraqi civilians - the ones that Madeline Albright said were "worth it" to murder.) I demand that the United States stop making a living by sanctioned murders (wars) and arms manufacturing and sales.

The last thing the US needs right now is to disarm all citizens while monsters are in charge. In the next election cycle, monsters will be in charge. And the next, and the next. They are hand-picked (both of them, for every high office) by the Ruling Elite to fulfil the agenda of the Ruling Elite. I don't know what really happened at Sandy Hook, but it wasn't what the corporate news portrayed and the answer is not what the corporate (possibly sincere but brainwashed) celebrities want. I demand that citizens take control of governance of the US and that - and that alone - will end the official aggressive and passive-aggressive US government, in collusion with "Defence" (war, destruction, and death) contracting corporations.

The US is awash with guns and gun crimes, and when ordinary citizens are in charge, I will demand that we as a society back-off on the Wild-Wild West style of human interaction, throw away the violent games, and stop making the incredibly violence-glorifying movies that all of these celebrities are part of. I'd love to live in a benevolent country with no guns - where not even the police have guns, but that is just dreaming. I want to live in a country with much less violence - domestically inflicted and internationally inflicted violence - and that does not mean disarming citizens while evil monsters (the minions of evil corporations) with guns and every type of weaponry imaginable are in charge.

For christssake, can't we sheeple wake up enough to realize that the BIGGEST problem is that monsters are in charge, and we must stop asking the monsters to fix what only we citizens even see as problems?

[/rant]

Dennis

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Akasha (26th December 2012), Anchor (26th December 2012), centreoflight (26th December 2012), Cjay (26th December 2012), Equatorial Eyes (26th December 2012), Erich (26th December 2012), modwiz (26th December 2012), PHARAOH (26th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Will it be a plan to ban antidepressants now that we know for certain that they have no curative value,
    and can be linked directly to virtually everything they've blamed on gun ownership?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

binemaya (26th December 2012), Cjay (26th December 2012), modwiz (26th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

I was impressed with the video, right up until the end where it says the message is about Hollywood.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Titan Orion For This Post:

Art (26th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesseract (here)

Gaaaaak! My reply was after seeing more than half of the video, and I didn't get that it was an exposé of the hypocritical celebrities (even though Tesseract specifically said that.) Oh well, it triggered a good rant anyway. These celebrities (and most citizens, unfortunately) don't realize that they are asking monsters for help. "Demand a plan"= demand that the minions of corporatocracy make up some more laws (and they will not be citizen-centric laws.)

Related to my rant, I would ask US citizens, what was the last piece of national legislation that was passed that was actually "citizen-centric" rather than "corporate-centric?" I am having trouble answering that question, going back at least 25 years.

Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 26th December 2012 at 06:53.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Freed Fox (26th December 2012), Tesseract (26th December 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

Absolutely a good point, Dennis. That's becoming an ever more obvious problem in our country.

I guess you could construe The Patriot Act as being citizen-centric.....

More of our fellow Americans need to realize just how much of a blow to democracy Citizens United was...

Are you noticing the same irony as I am in the names of these bits of legislation?
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

Mulder (27th December 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Freed Fox (here)
    Absolutely a good point, Dennis. That's becoming an ever more obvious problem in our country.

I guess you could construe The Patriot Act as being citizen-centric.....

More of our fellow Americans need to realize just how much of a blow to democracy Citizens United was...

Are you noticing the same irony as I am in the names of these bits of legislation?
    Yes, all the bills have Orwellian names that are the opposite of what the law really is.

A lot of people have focused (IMO) way too heavily on the Citizens United ruling. In 2009, and previous to that, the corporatocracy was in full swing - absolutely unstoppable. There are nine ways that the Financial Elite control elections (and their control over elections is within a degree or two of absolute.) Reversing Citizens United would put us right back to 2009, when the Elite spent less money on elections (or spent it more covertly.) If that Supreme Court decision was overturned, the exact same hand-picked minions of the Financial Elite would still be hand selected by the 2 parties that the Financial Elite control, and placed on the ballot. Those two Elite aligned candidates would then receive all the 'airplay' on all mass media that the Financial Elite also own.

If you read The Reset Button document, you'll see the nine ways the Elite control all elections for high office (and thus stay in complete control over our governance.) Any workable plan must include addressing all nine of those pathways that the Elite use. A good analogy is a boat with nine holes drilled in the bottom. Getting Citizens united overturned would provide one plug for one hole - and it is not anywhere near the largest hole.

Dennis

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Mulder (27th December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread