+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dead doctors don't lie: Dr. Wallach

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

Default Re: Dead doctors don't lie: Dr. Wallach

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

I have quit taking his products, did a very short run on them with no noticable effects (which is perhaps a bad way to evaluate these types of products? ) 3 months was enough for me.
    I've been on Tangy Tangerine all year & I stopped it last month! It was very expensive and I also had no benefits. I'm very shocked it has artificial sweetener in it as I'm trying to cut it out of my diet. I switched to artificial sweeteners in the 1990s and not only did I put on 20% extra weight in the 4 years I ate it, but my sweet-cravings doubled - I "needed" 2 tsps of sweetener in each coffee. I've switched back to cane sugar for the last few years and now my sweet craving has halved - only 1 tsp of sugar in each coffee and my weight has only slightly gone up in this time. Many others have had similar weight increases on sweeteners so please avoid them.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 06:42. Reason: fix quoting
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

Arrowwind (27th December 2012), cloud9 (27th December 2012), RunningDeer (27th December 2012), TargeT (27th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

for sweetner use Stevia, it's zero calorie & tastes just like sugar (unless you over do it, which you don't need to) it's been a great replacement for me & since it's all natural (made from a plant leaf called "sweet leaf") & actually healthy for you it's a great option!

This is the method I prefer: http://www.steviasmart.com/stclfl.html

the carmel flavor for coffee or tea is amazing.. haha
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Arrowwind (27th December 2012), cloud9 (27th December 2012), Mulder (28th December 2012), RunningDeer (27th December 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)
    I just finished the video and considered purchasing Dr. Wallach's vitamin product(s). I came across this link called, "A Critical Look at Youngevity and Dr. Joel Wallach - EXPOSED".

Also, I hadn't made the connection until after listening to this video that last year I purchased Dr. Wallach's product called, "Tangy Tangerine". I used it once and tossed it out. The flavor was a combination of Tang and Metamucil, and extremely sweet.
    I just finished reading this link you provided above regarding Dr Wallach and please dont take this personally. It is intended to address the Wallach bashing that I have come across in different places I travel and to clarify some of the points brought up in this article.

I found myself in profound disagreement with much of what the writer had to say about Dr Wallachs opinons on nutrition, minerals and mineral deficiency, cholesterol, etc. He kind of reminds me of Stephen Barrett, from quack watch, who has no clue as to how the body really works has no clue to the importance of nutrition nor detox, or the dangers of drugs, nor how to pull the body into order after dwelling in a lifetime of chaos.

Most of what Wallach says I do agree with and have seen such supplementations do wonders for people. I do agree that mineral deficiency is not the only cause of disease though. It is more complex than just deficiency. There are many factors to consider when a disease sets in including emotional and mental states, karma, psychology, abuse, fear, etc etc. Many different things can set the immune system into imbalance and cause disease.

All in all I disagree with most of what that author had to say from my 35 some years dealing with these topics, reading studies, watching clinical results, applying therapies, reading the experts in alternative therapy.

Now to me Wallach seems much like a goon and its like he is a workshop junkie and vampire for energy from crowds. Any doctor who is serious will not spend his life on the road promoting an MLM, IMHO.

I detest MLMs and god only knows cults like the Mormons get sucked into such stuff becasue of their tight knit community that they can brainwash and suck in. There culture is perfect for the promotion of MLMs as well as tupperware.

I reviewed Tangy Tangerine when I saw that Alex Jones was promoting it. Its a money making scam. It does have some good stuff in it but not at sufficient dosages to get the results that they claim IMHO. Much of the reported improvements are likely coming from the improved diets that are encourged at the same time. Anyone who leaves the trash food behind is going to likely loose weigh and feel better.

All in all I promote and support the use of shale based trace minerals and I am a long time and huge fan of Dr Donsbach, and it seems that Wallach went to spend some time at Donsbachs clinic. If it were not for Donsbach I most likely would be in a Wheel chair today or using a fistfull of drugs to treat chronic arthirits such as my aunt does. I tried to teacher and today she is a blimp from using steroids for her RA, and I am pain free and with full mobility. My RA has become an afterthought of my lifes experience except when I have the opportunity to try to bring others to the truth.

Regarding shale based minerals here is an site that sells them for lawn care. Unbiased as regarding to human usage and health. Read what they are... they are merely very ancient plants broken down over millions of years to their basic minerals.. and when put into colloidal solutions they are very easy to assimilate. Traces of unneeded minerals found in such products move easily through the system if organs of elimination are working well. and a good mineral balance is promoted in general. There will be no where for them to land. http://www.a-1organiclawns.com/1/a1/humic_shale.asp I purchase mine at www.reachforlife.com a Utah based company. Please note that these trace minerals feed not only the human body but the micro-organisms that dwell within that are so essential for our health. Much of our "self produced" enzymes and vitamins are actually made in the gut by micro-organisms that need to be there and need to be well fed.

Regarding Cholesterol. More and moe people are keenly aware of the cholesterol myths that have been put upon us by the drug industry. LIES LIES and more LIES. Changing the diet and detoxing is all that is requried to bring cholesterol to normal levesl, about 160 to 230.

Regarding nutrient depeltion of soils. new studies indicate that indeed the soils are becoming more depelted and that organic soils do offer a richer supply of a wide variety of minerals. Someone recently posted abou this here on Avelon. I wish I had saved it. If someone can provide the thread link please do. Colloidal minerals will always be easier absorbed, especially in people who's health is not so great as their digestive and absorption capabilities are now working so well... and for those calcium pills found in the toilet, I have seen it in patients first hand. Its not a lie. Their digestion is so disrupted that indeed there is not enough acid to break them down... although I doubt it is as common as Wallach makes it out to be... rest assured that many of the health problems that people have start with an impaired digestive track and if they have a history of ulcers or reflux you can be about 95% sure this is the case.

Selenium has proven to be essential as a cancer protective mineral. Lots of studies to prove this one. Go look and see.

Oh, and regarding copper. I had a friend in her 70s who was not doing well at all. She had gotten fairly week but still strong enough to fight for her life. She started rife therapy, she is acutally the one who turned me on to Rife which eliminated cancer in my body along with other detox protocols. Anyway she got onto the colloidal mineral thing, including the colloidal copper which she claims changed her hair color from white to color again, detoxed with rife, went after parasites etc etc. I met her after she was into this for about one year. She showed me a before and after photo. I could hardly believe it. Her hair went from white to a rusty brown, her eyes cleared, some wrinkles disappeared and her energy was abounding... done with rife, wheatgrass, colloidal minerals and multiple parasite detox, olive leaf extract. She gained some local fame in my city and ended up on radio programs telling her story. She sold absolutley nothing. She did it to save her life not to make money and then moved on to help others save their own lives.

So please don't throw the baby out with the bath water. I think that much of what Wallach says is true. I dont like his products, they are too expensive and I certainly would not use them or recommend them.

Of greatest fault in my estimationis is that Wallach has ignored Iodine and in particular potassium iodide.

Remember, Wallach is a showman, and certainly not my style nor that of the vast majority of naturopaths who would agree with most of what he says... yet still may find fault with his products... and remember a good showman always exaggerates and makes a good story. Entertainment is key. Take it for what that is.. and move on to find out what really is essential for living a good long and healthy life which can all be found in detox, frequency, minerals and vitamins and living foods in all the forms that they can come in combined with a good positive outlook on life.

I think that if one were to go to Mike Adams or Dr Mercola you would find similar opinions with clinical and study references to back much of it up.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 27th December 2012 at 07:22.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

cloud9 (27th December 2012), genevieve (27th December 2012), gripreaper (31st December 2012), Hervé (27th December 2012), Kindling (27th December 2012), RunningDeer (27th December 2012), Swan (27th December 2012), Swanette (28th December 2012), TargeT (27th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (27th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kendall (here)
    Wallach has been taken to court many times and has won every case, if he was full of bull the fda would of chewed him up and spit him out. I take his multivitamins and will continue to do so as long as they are available. I trust the products, if he has sucrulose in a product and it was harmful as some believe the fda would jump all over him, they have not, why is that?
    Because the fda has an agenda to poison you, forged by pharmaceutical interest with sucrulose as well as aspartame. I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. Shame on Dr Wallach for this... but remember, Dr Atkins once recommended aspartame. He didn't know. We forgive him.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

cloud9 (27th December 2012), conk (24th February 2014), RunningDeer (27th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

for sweetner use Stevia, it's zero calorie & tastes just like sugar (unless you over do it, which you don't need to) it's been a great replacement for me & since it's all natural (made from a plant leaf called "sweet leaf") & actually healthy for you it's a great option!

This is the method I prefer: http://www.steviasmart.com/stclfl.html

the carmel flavor for coffee or tea is amazing.. haha
    TargeT, let me turn you on to better prices for stevia. You dont have to spend so much. Ive been using this product for about 10 years. Be careful not to purchase the Now brand stevia glycerite... yuk. I made that mistake once.

http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=origi...t&x=0&y=0#none

and NOW makes flavored stevia too so look for that

and a coupon for you.
    http://www.healthsalon.org/a-coupon-for-you/
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 27th December 2012 at 07:23.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

cloud9 (27th December 2012), RunningDeer (27th December 2012), TargeT (27th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    ... regarding Dr Wallach ...
    Thank-you for what reads to me like a most excellent review of Dr Wallach.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

cloud9 (27th December 2012), RunningDeer (27th December 2012), TargeT (27th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

TargeT, let me turn you on to better prices for stevia. You dont have to spend so much. Ive been using this product for about 10 years. Be careful not to purchase the Now brand stevia glycerite... yuk. I made that mistake once.
    I just tossed that up for an example, I buy from a local health food store (which actually costs more, haha) I like to be as conscious of what I'm voting for with my dollars as possible & supporting local knowledgeable store fronts is one I'll pay extra for.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

cloud9 (27th December 2012), RunningDeer (27th December 2012)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)
    I just finished the video and considered purchasing Dr. Wallach's vitamin product(s). I came across this link called, "A Critical Look at Youngevity and Dr. Joel Wallach - EXPOSED".

Also, I hadn't made the connection until after listening to this video that last year I purchased Dr. Wallach's product called, "Tangy Tangerine". I used it once and tossed it out. The flavor was a combination of Tang and Metamucil, and extremely sweet.
    I just finished reading this link you provided above regarding Dr Wallach and please dont take this personally. It is intended to address the Wallach bashing that I have come across in different places I travel and to clarify some of the points brought up in this article.
    Thank you, Arrowwind. I'm definitely taking notes. I appreciate all that you share.

BTW: I have a relative that suffers from allergies. I sent your information from along to her. That site you provided called, "The Herbal Encyclopedia" is good resource.

This is link tells you what pycogenol is but you can get it from other sources than the French maritime pine tree. White pine works too and a number of other plants. It cured much of my allergy issues. I currently take it for life extension value and I was pleased to see what it does for the blood today.

http://www.allnatural.net/herbpages/pycnogenol.shtml

http://www.naturalnews.com/027920_py..._diabetes.html

Currently I use a NOW product for pine bark extract from iherb.com
    http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Pine-...gie-Caps/41290

They also have good prices on the French Maritime product if you want to use that.
    If you've never shopped at iherb and choose to do so enter my coupon code BAR967 for $5 (for a 20 dollar purchase) to $10 ($40 dollar purchase) off on your first purchase. They have a good rewards program you can enter too.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

cloud9 (27th December 2012), TargeT (27th December 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

I just tossed that up for an example, I buy from a local health food store (which actually costs more, haha) I like to be as conscious of what I'm voting for with my dollars as possible & supporting local knowledgeable store fronts is one I'll pay extra for.
    I've been that way in the past but cannot afford to take the supplements and foods that I believe I need for my husband and myself if we were to do so as the money just isn't there these days. Besides its over 100 miles from me to a good store now anyway. The amount of time and money saved by shopping by mail is huge.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Dawn, the latest on fish oil is to avoid it. So says Dr. Brian Pesking and Dr. Robert Rowen. Rowen's summary of Peskin's work follows:

The tragedy is that fish oil taken in the amounts
    that most physicians recommend can overdose you with
    20-times too much DHA and 250-500 times too much
    EPA. Just think what would happen if you took 250
    aspirin capsules — you’d be dead! Of course, fatty acids
    are not a drug like aspirin. But, anything can act like a
    drug in your body if you take it in pharmacological
    amounts. That’s my concern about the unbridled rise of
    marine oil consumption. We just don’t know what they
    will do in the long run.
    Friend, this is just fantastic information. When it
    reaches the mainstream press (if they allow it to), it will
    shatter the fish oil myth. This science is easily 10-20 years
    in advance of anyone else, making it state-of-the art.
    As a summary: Your body is really looking for 18
    carbon-chain fatty acids, called “parent essential oils.”
    Fish oil does NOT provide these fatty acids. These 18
    carbon-chain fatty acids are the “heart and soul” of your
    cell membranes. The normal person doesn’t naturally
    convert very many fatty acids into long-chain derivatives
    (EPA and DHA). Normally, at least 95% of EFAs stay in
    parent form in your cells. Your body never converts more
    than a mere 5% (usually less than just 1%) of these EFA
    “parents” into derivatives (EPA and DHA), as your body
    sees fit in its own wisdom. As you may know, oxidized (rusted/rancid) cholesterol
    is a major cause of vascular disease. It’s quite possible
    that fish/krill/marine oils contribute to this oxidation
    process. Research confirms, absolutely, that “foods”
    containing oxidized (rusted/rancid) oils attached to the
    cholesterol are the direct cause of vascular disease. And
    most fish oils (though not all) are already rancid before
    you take them. If you take these oils, they will oxidize
    your cholesterol. This will wreak havoc, even if your cholesterol
    levels are “low.” You have to correct the cholesterol
    structure. The way to do it is to incorporate plenty
    of fully functional unoxidized PEOs.
    When you ingest these unadulterated fatty acids,
    they will gradually replace the adulterated (rusted,
    deformed trans) fatty acids in your cells. This allows
    your body to repair the damage and reverse arterial age.
    According to the findings of the state-of-the-art IOWA
    study, you may actually contribute to arterial aging
    when you take fish oil. PEOs, on the other hand, replace
    dangerous oxidized fatty acids with the ideal parent omega-6/-3 proper physiologic ratio of oils that your body
    requires. This is terrific news! This data strongly suggests
    that replacing your damaged fats with fresh
    undamaged parent essential oils may be the most effective
    method ever found to reverse vascular disease and
    prevent heart attacks.
    I admit this is a major paradigm shift. I had to
    struggle with it myself. But the research and discoveries
    come from “rock solid” science. PEO oils are plant-based,
    so anyone can take them (including strict vegans).
    Although the IOWA study is ongoing, all the results I
    discussed here are already highly significant statistically.
    And I will tell you about the ongoing results.
    In the meantime, if you have any hint of vascular
    disease, or don’t want vascular disease, I now only recommend
    plant-based parent essential oils.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

cloud9 (27th December 2012), Hervé (27th December 2012), RunningDeer (27th December 2012), TargeT (27th December 2012)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

very interesteing find Conk...

so something like this is what should be taken over fish oils:

http://www.naturalhealingtools.com/y...tial-oils.aspx

I guess it makes some sort of sense (though honestly just eating good freshly grown food still seems best)
    Where are you?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

cloud9 (27th December 2012), conk (24th February 2014), RunningDeer (27th December 2012)

23. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

What would any of you suggest as the best multi trace mineral supplement that one could purchase? I do take supplements, however, I do not enjoy taking a lot of pills in the morning. I'm finding it time consuming and I loose interest. I've been taking Trophic Complete and Trophic D3. These have been fine, but do not include copper. I'm looking still for the best gluten free product that I can find, Thanks!

From the Heart,
    Kristin

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

cloud9 (27th December 2012), Kindling (27th December 2012)

25. Link to Post #33
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Please could you tell me exactly how you managed your RA to be symptom free. I was about ordering stuff from Dr Wallach before I saw this thread. Many thanks.

26. Link to Post #34
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Dr Wallach is also on the video relating to the thread linked below..
    The opening video on this thread here has been removed by U Tube---wonder why!!!!

Chris

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post781480
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

27. Link to Post #35
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Dr Wallach is also on the video relating to the thread linked below..
    Mel Fabregas has a new interview with Dr. Joel Wallach on his SanitasRadio.com site:
    Epigenetics: The Death of the Genetic Theory of Disease Transmission
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

RunningDeer (1st August 2014), TargeT (1st August 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2