+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 1 5 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Hormesis - Healing Yourself with Low Dose Radiation

1. Link to Post #281
    Australia Avalon Member Shannow's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Hormesis - Healing Yourself with Low Dose Radiation

thorite in (half arsed) copper setting...27uS/hr on contact, 10 at about an inch

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Dawn (17th October 2013), ljwheat (19th October 2013), Sith73 (17th October 2013), TargeT (18th October 2013)

3. Link to Post #282
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

Shannow, lovely photo of the thorite pendant. Is is your work? Where did you get your thorite stone (or the pendant)?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

ljwheat (19th October 2013), Sith73 (17th October 2013), TargeT (18th October 2013)

5. Link to Post #283
    Thanks

Dawn,
    I bought the stone off ebay, then made the pendant a couple weeks ago.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Dawn (17th October 2013), ljwheat (19th October 2013), Sith73 (17th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #284
    Thanks

Shannow, I am glad you checked the strength of your stone. You are very lucky to find a thorite that large that is so low in radiation. I have many of them and everything I have that is bigger than a pencil lead of 1cm length is much stronger.

I am mentioning this so that others are careful if they buy such stones that they check their strength. Yours is exceptionally weak for a thorite stone ..... and .... it is the perfect strength for a radiation hormesis stone.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

brenie (24th December 2013), ljwheat (19th October 2013), Sith73 (18th October 2013), TargeT (18th October 2013)

9. Link to Post #285
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks Dawn for pointing out the danger of thorite. The crystals and thorite ore are often too radioactive.

I just finished a radio-show on the subject. You need to either own a Geiger counter to evaluate your dose or purchase a known strength rock or bead set.

Never irradiate yourself with an unknown source although ordinary depression era or modern uranium glass will always be safe.

Ian
    Last edited by isoutar; 25th October 2013 at 16:26.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

ljwheat (19th October 2013), Sith73 (18th October 2013), TargeT (18th October 2013)

11. Link to Post #286
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

A comment For Dawn concerning composite pendants. These were hard magnapraise quartz with a hole drilled in them and a powerful thorite crystal of strength 60 uSv/hour. Coming from the outside it puts out 3.5 uSv/hour.

I have a uranium pendant that puts out 11 USB/hour.

Yet if I put the pendants, one at a time in my hand Dawn's low powered one puts out double the reading through a hand! So the filtering probably only allows very penetrating gamma to emerge from the quartz. The uranium ore one probably puts out alpha, beta and gamma. Not so penetrating.

My feeling is that Dawns design works best for hormesis.

Ian Soutar

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (31st October 2013), ljwheat (19th October 2013), Shannow (19th October 2013), Sith73 (25th October 2013)

13. Link to Post #287
    Thanks

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/radi...464004677?mt=8

May seem stupid and inane for $7.50 (Oz), but it definitely detects beta and gamma, in the right order of magnitude, and is not going to draw attantion at the op-shop when scanning stuff.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Dawn (31st October 2013), isoutar (25th October 2013), Sith73 (25th October 2013)

15. Link to Post #288
    Thanks

Shannow, I purchased this application this evening and am concerned about this disclamer which came with the software:
    Quote Important note: The camera sensor can measure gamma radiation (CS137 for example) and some beta radiation (depends on the energy if the beta rays can pass through the plastic parts - for example H3 or K14 are weak sources). It cannot measure alpha rays (PO210) For AM241 though its primary a Alpha source also some gamma radiation is emitted and might be detectable for a longer measurement.
    If only 'some' of the Beta radiation and almost none of the Alpha radiation are included in the measurements offered by this software.... then this could really sway the results you get when testing a source.

During the next day or two, I am going to test some of the rocks and pendants I have with my radiation meter, and then again with the RadioactivityCounter software for the IPhone. The phone doesn't have the all important pancake or tube sensor that the radiation meters do, so it will be interesting to see how the measurements compare. I am curious

I will let you know the results of my findings
    Last edited by Dawn; 31st October 2013 at 04:55.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

isoutar (31st October 2013), Sith73 (31st October 2013)

17. Link to Post #289
    Thanks

DANGER!!!! The I Phone application is way, way, way OFF!!! I tested a pretty 'hot' stone that is NOT recommended for radiation hormesis except under very controlled circumstances. This stone checks out on my radiation meter as being...

173 uSv/hr which is roughly equivalent to 173 uGy/hr

On the I Pad software (RadioactivityCounter) this stone measures

22,400 uSv/hr which is roughly equivalent to 22,400 uGy/hr

This is simply not comparable in any way. It is just so 'off' that I don't even know how the two could be compared. If you test a stone to see if it is safe I have no idea if your IPhone application will give you any truly relevant data.

I did recently calibrate my radiation meter by the way, so it is pretty accurate, though I trust Ian's Ludlum meter more than my more modern 'mini pancake' based meter. I also calibrated my IPhone software as specified by the manufacturer.

This simply means that the IPhone meter is just ... way off. It is just not an accurate meter and not designed to be one.
    Last edited by Dawn; 31st October 2013 at 05:34.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

conk (31st October 2013), isoutar (31st October 2013), Sith73 (31st October 2013), TargeT (31st October 2013)

19. Link to Post #290
    Thanks

Dawn, I checked the stone with a calibrated unit, not the Iphone.

Iphone gives the same reading, but only in indoor lighting...take it anywhere remotely bright, and you are visiting meltdown.

Like I said when I posted useful for checking stuff at the op-shop to see if it what you are after.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Sith73 (16th November 2013), TargeT (2nd November 2013)

21. Link to Post #291
    Thanks

Thanks for letting me know you took care Shannow. Just so you know, the readings I took with the iphone were indoors and I had the sensor covered with black tape so light would not effect it, just as the iPhone program suggested. I'm interested that the iPhone program worked for you. I would love it if someone else here would double check as well. Perhaps the sensor in my iPhone is not acting properly???

I think the idea that you could check on things at the 'op shop'(??? whatever that is???) might be OK.

It seems, that using this program to check on the strength of uranium ore stones or other radiation sources used for hormesis might be really unwise. The exception is uranium glass... it is always safe, so there is no need to check it out except for curiosity.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Shannow (2nd November 2013), Sith73 (16th November 2013), TargeT (2nd November 2013)

23. Link to Post #292
    United States Avalon Member 1 flew over's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Dawn or Ian or whoever

I thank you for your input on this thread. I have been reading the thread and keep seeing where some of you guys talk about measuring various items for their levels. I am not impressed with the Apple app but in looking around (OK, going to Ebay) to check out various counters I run across everything from 50s era Victoreen meters to $19.00 cheap plastic meters to $3500.00 Fluke meters. Do you have any suggestions or directions for a neophyte? All experienced and informed info appreciated.

Be Well
    1 Flew Over

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

Sith73 (16th November 2013), TargeT (24th December 2013)

25. Link to Post #293
    Thanks

Quote 1 Flew Over: Do you have any suggestions or directions for a neophyte? All experienced and informed info appreciated.
    Ian is likely more of an expert than I am and I hope he chimes in here. The industry standard for scientists is the old unwieldy 'Ludlum'. These are very sensitive and very accurate. I don't have one of these (yet)

I've developed a good relationship with Ken Farmer, who owns the website Radioactive things. He has a rather inexpensive radiation meter which you can look at here: http://radioactivethings.com/geiger-counters.html

I got one of these recently and found it to be compact and fairly accurate. It is a 'tube type' meter.

The more accurate meters (and usually more expensive) are 'pancake type' meters which use a different type of sensor to pick up radiation.

I have a pancake type and a tube type meter... and my definate favorite is the pancake meter. In fact, despite what I've said on earlier posts, my favorite meter is called the Mazur meter. The only issue I have with it is that it is not inexpensive.

If you are going to be using it a lot, I'd recommend a meter with a 'pancake' type sensor. However if you are just going to play a bit I think a tube type is fine.

Meter sensors do need to be re-calibrated as they age... so if you purchase a used older model you will need to do this. This is done by measuring something with a known radioactivity. If your older meter is not giving a proper reading on the known sample, you can multiply all future measurements by a correction factor.

Happy hunting
    Last edited by Dawn; 15th November 2013 at 18:47.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Shannow (14th November 2013), TargeT (24th December 2013)

27. Link to Post #294
    United States Avalon Member 1 flew over's Avatar
    Thanks

Dawn

It is great to see the time, care and willingness to exchange that is exhibited on this board toward other members. I thank you for your info.

Be Well

1 Flew Over

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1 flew over For This Post:

Dawn (15th November 2013), Sith73 (16th November 2013), TargeT (24th December 2013)

29. Link to Post #295
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Hello guys I wanted to report in to share the good news about helping a friend who has Crohn's disease. I was hesitant and slow in approaching my friend because she's a fellow co worker and didn't want to embarrass her or get laughed out. I met with her almost two months ago and presented radiation hormesis. She had no clue what it was and I explained all about it and if she would be interested in using some stones I had. These stones were purchased from Dawn for my own usage. I explained to her how the stones work and that they are natural from the earth. They give off natural radiation. I also explained to her to limit her consumption of sodas and sweets and anything that contains high fructose corn syrup. I also explained my theory in why she had what she had and a little about the immune system. She just recently went to the doctor that she has been visiting on a regular basis to get injections that cost a fortune. When her doctor tested her she tested negative for Crohn's like it was poof gone. The doctor was mystified and didn't have an answer for her. She was about to have a major surgery in the spring to remove half of her Colon. Shes very excited at the moment and wants to continue using the stones and shes about to start drinking water with some radiated beads I gave her to use. I have never seen her so excited its like a breath of fresh air. She did ask me how I knew what I knew and why I wasn't a doctor helping other people out there. I told her I have a network of friends who believe in solving issues the natural way here on Avalon. Well in our society what I did wouldn't have been even looked at by medial doctors as an option. I told her its my job to get the word out to help others and to do whats right. There are lots of people suffering and radiation hormesis can help as my story is living proof.

If anybody has questions let me know.

Love and Light to all!

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Dawn (30th December 2013), Hervé (24th December 2013), heyokah (24th December 2013), JRS (24th December 2013), ljwheat (30th December 2013), Shannow (24th December 2013), TargeT (24th December 2013), witchy1 (28th December 2013)

31. Link to Post #296
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950 times in 424 posts

I have to admit I don't know much about the effects of radiation...I've always heard there is NO safe level. However, I've always felt that there must be some individuals who can tolerate it, and that there IS a way to mitigate the effects of events like Fukushima, and the supposedly-depleted uranium that our nation has spread all over the middle east. So this is quite the fascinating thread for me, and when I have time I need to sit down and do some serious research. Thanks.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

Dawn (30th December 2013), Sith73 (27th December 2013), TargeT (24th December 2013)

33. Link to Post #297
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Sith73 (here)
    Hello guys I wanted to report in to share the good news about helping a friend who has Crohn's disease. I was hesitant and slow in approaching my friend because she's a fellow co worker and didn't want to embarrass her or get laughed out. I met with her almost two months ago and presented radiation hormesis. She had no clue what it was and I explained all about it and if she would be interested in using some stones I had. These stones were purchased from Dawn for my own usage. I explained to her how the stones work and that they are natural from the earth. They give off natural radiation. I also explained to her to limit her consumption of sodas and sweets and anything that contains high fructose corn syrup. I also explained my theory in why she had what she had and a little about the immune system. She just recently went to the doctor that she has been visiting on a regular basis to get injections that cost a fortune. When her doctor tested her she tested negative for Crohn's like it was poof gone. The doctor was mystified and didn't have an answer for her. She was about to have a major surgery in the spring to remove half of her Colon. Shes very excited at the moment and wants to continue using the stones and shes about to start drinking water with some radiated beads I gave her to use. I have never seen her so excited its like a breath of fresh air. She did ask me how I knew what I knew and why I wasn't a doctor helping other people out there. I told her I have a network of friends who believe in solving issues the natural way here on Avalon. Well in our society what I did wouldn't have been even looked at by medial doctors as an option. I told her its my job to get the word out to help others and to do whats right. There are lots of people suffering and radiation hormesis can help as my story is living proof.

If anybody has questions let me know.

Love and Light to all!
    VERY cool example, glad you could help her (and she listened ) pretty awesome!

so far I have yet to get sick since wearing my stone (and in the previous 33 years of my life I had always gotten sick at least 2-3 times a year, with one being really bad... it was just "how it was"... NOT ANYMORE!) but nothing as dramatic as saving half a colon!
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dawn (30th December 2013), ljwheat (30th December 2013), Sith73 (27th December 2013)

35. Link to Post #298
    Thanks

Wow Sith! Thank you so much for sharing. I am beginning to understand just how much fungus and micotoxins (toxins from mold and fungus) we deal with in our food. There are a number of healing modalities which deal with this issue in from different angles.

This story is easily understood if Chrones disease is seen as usually due to micotoxins and fungus in our food supply which then takes up residence in our bodies. Fungus is much more sensitive to radiation than human cells and is easily killed by low doses of radiation which do not bother human cells. If her Chrones was caused by fungus, then this would explain why her body healed.

For all who are interested in following this fungus information beyond radiation and into how to avoid it in food, you will find this site interesting: www.bulletproofexec.com

For example. All dried corn is covered in and filled with micotoxins. When it is fed to farm animals (corn fed beef, pork, sheep, and poultry)

1. they concentrate the fungus toxins in their muscles and organs.

2. When these animals are exposed to mold toxins in their food they develop inflammation and appear fat.

3. The farmer gets more $ from selling fattened and heaver animals

4. Then humans eat the 'fattened animals' that are full of mold toxins and the humans develop inflammation and get 'fat'.

Other things full of fungus include coffee beans (no wonder coffee sometimes makes you shaky and jittery!), and most manufactured products. So, on the above web site there are specific steps on how to avoid all of this for your body.

If you do have a problem with mold and fungus in your body then weak radiation can help you eradicate it.

But ... if you wish to have true health, you must find a way NOT to ingest mold and fungus in every meal... your body just can't handle it on an ongoing basis and live a long and healthy lie.
    Last edited by Dawn; 30th December 2013 at 00:32.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

conk (3rd January 2014), genevieve (30th December 2013), ljwheat (30th December 2013), Sith73 (30th December 2013), TargeT (30th December 2013), witchy1 (7th August 2017)

37. Link to Post #299
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

This is an awesome thread.
    So, in the name of all that is bump worthy, I bump this thread.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

TargeT (5th August 2017)

39. Link to Post #300
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    This is an awesome thread.
    So, in the name of all that is bump worthy, I bump this thread.

Ditto... 4 years and I still haven't gotten sick.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DNA (6th August 2017), Joey (13th August 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 1 5 15 16 LastLast