+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 10 16 LastLast

Thread: Hormesis - Healing Yourself with Low Dose Radiation

1. Link to Post #181
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Default Re: Hormesis - Healing Yourself with Low Dose Radiation

I also have a radiated rock purchased from Dawn that gives off around 11,000 cpm that I wear everyday. I never take it off. I haven't gotten sick or felt bad. Only good things are happening for me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

ljwheat (9th September 2013), TargeT (8th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #182
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Homeopathic uranium

Homeopathic plutonium

Nuts at every level. That it is legal to sell homeopathic crap of any kind is a testimony to pathological ignorance, but this one really takes the cake. Given that plutonium is among the most lethal of all substances, you pretty much have to trust in the utterly fraudulent nature of homeopathy to even consider taking these pills.

4. Link to Post #183
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

On the contrary to that last post!
    Go to radiation-hormesis.com
    Look up research near end for paper called Radiation Hormesis With internal and External Exposures. In it TD Luckey found that the US army took a dozen folk doomed to die of cancer in 6 months. All received injections of materials like plutonium, radium, uranium etc.

The plutonium guy received just the right low dose to cure his cancer she he lived the longest. Many others who lived a decade or more!

Plutonium is not particularly poisonous. That was cold war propaganda started by Ralph Nader I hear.

Ian Soutar

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

ljwheat (9th September 2013), Sith73 (10th September 2013), TargeT (9th September 2013), witchy1 (9th September 2013)

6. Link to Post #184
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

A medical expert on the impacts of radiation, Dr. Steven Wing of the University of North Carolina School of Public Health, where he is a professor of epidemiology, comments that "Luckey and the others advocating hormesis are without foundation."

He declares that the push for "radiation hormesis" is "related to the conflicts of interest" involving these individuals connected to "universities, government agencies, industry and government laboratories that profit from nuclear weapons and the nuclear power industry."

7. Link to Post #185
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi to the forum

The suggestion that T D Luckey has hidden motives is ridiculous. His discoveries were based on a century of low dose experiments that he republished in one giant volume. Much to his surprise did he discover that hormesis is seen in low dose chemical toxicology and radiation toxicology too.

T D Luckey is often quoted by Dr Sakamoto a medical doctor in Japan who for 20 years cured cancer with a high success rate and no side effects using Luckey's work to design the low dose x-ray based therapy which triggered the body's immune system to remove the cancer.
    Sakamoto's work interestingly evolved into Spleen irradiation. This worked the best. I know a professor here in Victoria who wears uranium glass low dose beads suspended by clothing over his spleen. T D Luckey was Knighted by ritual in Japan for his life saving work.

T D (Don) Luckey is a friend but is very old these days and cannot write after his stroke at about the age of 94 just a few months ago.

I admire his true spirit of science ... To go beyond what Everyone Knows ... And disprove it! A brave soul. There is a picture of him with Jay Guttierez (Colorado medicine man) from 1 years ago on my hormesis site ... Which, I have to admit started out as a tribute to Don Luckey ...

http://Radiation-hormesis.com <= See TD Luckey with research summary

T D Luckey Details
    He was knighted by several countries for his work. His large work on radiation hormesis spanned the era from 1880 to 1989 ... A century of research including over 1500 experiments carried out worldwide. Almost all showed hormetic benefits to plants trees, animals of all kinds and humans.
    Low dose radiation is used worldwide in the form of healing hot springs. In most countries of the world except Canada and the US radon spa treatment is the most popular treatment for arthritis. Low dose hormesis healing has been used for about 8000 years worldwide.

The professor you are quoting has little understanding of the subject plus he suffers from Cold War Propaganda like most of us. Because of this programming it is unthinkable to speak of health benefits!

My own self-exposures to low dose radiation
    Having felt the benefits I can only remain amused at people's 1959 based beliefs. Radiation has brought almost complete relief from my own arthritis through radon baths and wearing radioactive stones.

There are others in the forum here who have similarly benefited.

I will keep quiet but invite others to share experiences and theories. ...

Radioactively yours
    Ian
    Last edited by isoutar; 9th September 2013 at 07:17. Reason: missed a line

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Atlas (9th September 2013), onawah (9th September 2013), Sith73 (10th September 2013), TargeT (9th September 2013)

9. Link to Post #186
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Thanks isoutar, here is the work Luckey mentions regarding the plutonium injections (Los Alamos):

If some lived for decades as you said, others died within days.
    Last edited by Atlas; 9th September 2013 at 07:51.

10. Link to Post #187
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,543 times in 20,693 posts

Wow, I can't believe this:"utterly fraudulent nature of homeopathy"!!
    It may be that this information about hormesis is going to be controversial and understandably so, given the amount of bad press it's been given, but homeopathy?
    Millions of people have benefited from homeopathy, myself included.
    Buares, you are not going to get about as much support in that view as you are giving to those testifying to their benefits from hormesis.
    I think you've joined the wrong forum.

Quote Posted by buares (here)
    Homeopathic uranium

Homeopathic plutonium

Nuts at every level. That it is legal to sell homeopathic crap of any kind is a testimony to pathological ignorance, but this one really takes the cake. Given that plutonium is among the most lethal of all substances, you pretty much have to trust in the utterly fraudulent nature of homeopathy to even consider taking these pills.
    Each breath a gift...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Sith73 (10th September 2013), TargeT (9th September 2013), ulli (9th September 2013)

12. Link to Post #188
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Homeopathy: The Ultimate Fake
    by Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Stephen Joel Barrett(born 1933) is a retired American psychiatrist, author, co-founder of the National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF), and the webmaster of Quackwatch (Quackwatch received a 2003 award as a useful source for online consumer information).

I think you should read more onawah.

13. Link to Post #189
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,647 times in 21,531 posts

Homeopathy: The Ultimate Fake
    by Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Stephen Joel Barrett(born 1933) is a retired American psychiatrist, author, co-founder of the National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF), and the webmaster of Quackwatch (Quackwatch received a 2003 award as a useful source for online consumer information).

I think you should read more onawah.
    My impression has long been that Barrett's Quackwatch is not a reliable source of medical information ... .

(Unless by "reliable" you mean reliably attacks anything in alternative medicine that actually works sometimes.)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Atlas (9th September 2013), onawah (9th September 2013), Sith73 (10th September 2013), TargeT (9th September 2013), ulli (9th September 2013)

15. Link to Post #190
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I read plenty, thank you very much, Buares.
    I think perhaps you need to find another pastime than trying to debunk info on Avalon.
    As I said before, you seem to have joined the wrong forum.
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Sith73 (10th September 2013), TargeT (9th September 2013), ulli (9th September 2013)

17. Link to Post #191
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Was it about Homeopathy or about me onawah ? My grandmother uses Homeopathy every day and never complained about it. However, according to wikipedia.org/Homeopathy

"Scientific research has found homeopathic remedies ineffective and their postulated mechanisms of action implausible.

Homeopathic remedies have been the subject of numerous clinical trials. Taken together, these trials show at best no effect beyond placebo, at worst that homeopathy could be actively harmful.

Although some trials produce positive results, systematic reviews reveal that this is because of chance, flawed research methods, and reporting bias.

The proposed mechanisms for homeopathy are precluded by the laws of physics from having any effect. The low concentration of homeopathic remedies, which often lack even a single molecule of the diluted substance, has been the basis of questions about the effects of the remedies since the 19th century.

Outside alternative medicine, the scientific community regards homeopathy as quackery or a sham, and homeopathic practice has been criticized as unethical. The American Medical Association has consistently targeted Homeopathy as quackery. Patients who choose to use homeopathy rather than evidence-based medicine risk missing timely diagnosis and effective treatment of serious conditions such as cancer."

Once again onawah, I really think you should read more.

18. Link to Post #192
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And I think you should read more than the likes of Wikipedia and Quackwatch!!
    Each breath a gift...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Sith73 (10th September 2013), ulli (9th September 2013)

20. Link to Post #193
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Dear onawah, my opinion on Homeopathy is as clear as :

and:
    Last edited by Atlas; 9th September 2013 at 09:50.

21. Link to Post #194
    Australia Avalon Member Shannow's Avatar
    Thanks

What's your view on traditional western medicine...certainly not an evidence based system, and has a death toll typically many times the road toll in the areas in which it is "practiced" ? (with no intention of getting it right either)

Google for yourself what happens when doctors go on strike, versus their fundamental Hippocratic oath...

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Atlas (9th September 2013), Sith73 (10th September 2013)

23. Link to Post #195
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

My view is that modern medicine is the best medicine humanity has ever had and I support the doctors when they go on strike.

I also believe that traditional and alternative medicine (with caution) could help everyone.

In other terms, Homeopathy and Hormesis would be a good thing only if their benefits were clearly established prior to their commercialization.

24. Link to Post #196
    Thanks

My view is that modern medicine is the best medicine humanity has ever had and I support the doctors when they go on strike.

I also believe that traditional and alternative medicine (with caution) could help everyone.

In other terms, Homeopathy and Hormesis would be a good thing only if their benefits were clearly established prior to their commercialization.
    No, I meant that you should Google "what happens when doctors go on strike ?"

If only western medicine was required to stand up the the mirror that it wants everything else to stand up to, they would first "do no harm", as per their oath...then they would try to heal people.

Trauma and ER, you don't want to be anywhere but modern western medicine...the rest of it is all about money, and selling stuff to scared people...while killing more of them than most road tolls.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Atlas (9th September 2013), Sith73 (10th September 2013), TargeT (9th September 2013)

26. Link to Post #197
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

lol, we should all support the doctors when they go on strike then !

The issue you raise here surely is interesting, unfortunately, I don't know enough about medicine to give you a good answer but yes definitely, when medicine is corrupted by money is when we're going down instead of going up.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Shannow (9th September 2013), ulli (9th September 2013)

28. Link to Post #198
    Thanks

But you DO know enough about alternative medicine to declare it quackery, false, and "just water"

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Sith73 (10th September 2013), ulli (9th September 2013)

30. Link to Post #199
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Don't mix everything, there are many different alternative medicines:

Remember, in my first answer to you I wrote: "I also believe that traditional and alternative medicine (with caution) could help everyone."

I maintain homeopathy is just water, it becomes quackery as soon as you believe the benefits are other than strictly psychological.

Traditional medicine like, for example, acupuncture is very efficient.

I maintain that radiation hormesis is nothing but a placebo until someone proves me wrong.
    Last edited by Atlas; 9th September 2013 at 12:51.

31. Link to Post #200
    Thanks

You stated that modern medicine is the best that we have ever had...yet then claim that you don't know enough about it.

I am exploring that part of your answer...particularly if it is to be proven before people can make money out of it.
    Not everything is a conspiracy...
    ...only the important stuff !!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Sith73 (10th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 10 16 LastLast