Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 6 16 LastLast

Thread: Hormesis - Healing Yourself with Low Dose Radiation

1. Link to Post #101
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Hormesis - Healing Yourself with Low Dose Radiation

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    can you take a moment to answer my question about the effect of radiation on 1 sq cm vs over the entire body?
    My theory based on an EXTENSIVE lack of knowledge and pure guess work / thought experiment goes something like this:

Radioactive items worn at or near the neck (near very large blood vessels and the heart) slightly radiate your blood, there by passing the radiation (at lower levels I'm sure) throughout the rest of your body; this is why I tried to get a higher strength piece of ore & have not taken it off since I received it (a month or more now?).

but again, that's just what I thought up while in the shower wondering if I was slightly irradiating the water that ran off the stone & down my chest (I'm sure it would be very slight, but this is something that could be tested with a Geiger, exposing small amounts of water for brief moments and seeing if they raise in CPM, or repeatedly exposing them with breaks in between to quasi-simulate blood going through the circulatory system).

If your feeling experimental that is...
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Eram (30th May 2013), Kimberley (18th May 2013), ljwheat (18th May 2013), Sith73 (18th May 2013)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Quote TargeT: My theory based on an EXTENSIVE lack of knowledge and pure guess work / thought experiment goes something like this:

Radioactive items worn at or near the neck (near very large blood vessels and the heart) slightly radiate your blood, there by passing the radiation (at lower levels I'm sure) throughout the rest of your body; this is why I tried to get a higher strength piece of ore & have not taken it off since I received it (a month or more now?).
    I LOVE your wry sense of humor and candor! Bravo! Intellect is only a small part of wisdom, and likely not the wisest part! I have been 'looking' at this situation with curiosity myself. Using conscious awareness to discover what is happening is a game I like to play all day, every day. Anyway... wearing a pendant (or a uranium glass necklace) puts the radiation over the thyroid and parathyroid gland, as well as the spinal column near the brain stem in the rear of the body. Since the brain stem controls subconscious body functions, this would effect all body functions. And the thyroid and parathyroid have a major role in the immune system, as well overall body energy. I really like your thinking on supplying a low level of natural radiation to the blood.

I am still enjoying thorite taped to my reading glasses at my temples. It actually really really feels good. Perhaps it is opening an energy channel through acupuncture points in the area. That is what it feels like. I actually get the most pleasant fine and delicate vibration throughout my entire body when I wear them.

I also notice that when I hold uranium stones, a soft and lovely vibration travels up my arms and unfolds throughout my body. The hands are known as a homunculus for the entire body. They have so many acupuncture points that the entire body can be treated from the hands by a professional. I have a theory that holding the stones may open up all the chi circuits in my body just like an acupuncture session would. This would certainly explain the wonderful feeling of vibration and health that comes with handling the stones. I feel just like I do in an acupuncture session ...when I handle natural uranium stones this way.

Purchasing stones for yourself: By the way, it is summertime right now and uranium ore is really inexpensive on EBay (for example). I had heard that in the winter most uranium mines are inaccessible due to weather and samples become very expensive. I began my journey into radiation hormesis during winter, and the stones were sooo expensive then. I was bidding against 50 people for each stone I acquired and very tiny ones were selling for over $100.

Now I am seeing the flip side, ore is NOT expensive now. There is LOTS of it on EBay. If you check for stones, such as carnotite, you can find many nice ones for under $20. I was able to purchase 140 pounds of ore for a very good price and I'm still going through them to determine their 'heat' and how solid they are. I've let a number of rather crumbly sandstone based ore go on EBay for a very small price because it isn't useful for this work. I look for hard, non crumbly stones that I can make into rounded smooth pieces that are 'body friendly'.

So... if you are on a tight budget, try looking for your stones in the summertime... and EBay is a good way to start.
    Last edited by Dawn; 18th May 2013 at 21:03.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Eram (30th May 2013), Kimberley (18th May 2013), ljwheat (18th May 2013), TargeT (19th May 2013), witchy1 (18th May 2013)

5. Link to Post #103
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

I brought some carnotite off ebay and tried to smooth it out with the Dremel...epic fail, but its a bit smoother on the active side. Interestingly the other side of the rock shows no sign of radiation. I read somewhere that this can happen where one side is active the other is not. I also brought a geiger counter from United Nuclear and the UV torch. I keep my rocks in a special wooden box and I love them. Dawn I agree you do get a nice sensation when handling them.

The water stone in the pack from nighthawk minerals has cured my UTI - so excellent news after several years of misery. I also no longer get the swollen ankle that periodically showed up. I have used the carnotite rock on my partners ankle and took the swelling down in a few minutes (but it came back once we removed it). He uses the mud pack for back ache and he gets out of bed easily with no pain. Absolutely amazing.

Ian I purchased your beads a couple of months ago and love them. I wear them as an anklet and bracelet. Thank you.

Dawn are you using a rock tumbler and a polishing medium for your beautiful creations. I love that blue one on your site......what type of rock is that if you dont mind me asking.

Anyway thats my update. I cant speak highly enough of this therapy. Like TargetT my lack of knowledge is also extensive (LOL) but am trying to learn.

What would be the most hottest rock reading to use..... Is there an upper exposure limit ?

Thanks to all

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Eram (30th May 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), TargeT (19th May 2013)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Quote witchy1: The water stone in the pack from nighthawk minerals has cured my UTI - so excellent news after several years of misery. I also no longer get the swollen ankle that periodically showed up. I have used the carnotite rock on my partners ankle and took the swelling down in a few minutes (but it came back once we removed it). He uses the mud pack for back ache and he gets out of bed easily with no pain. Absolutely amazing.

Ian I purchased your beads a couple of months ago and love them. I wear them as an anklet and bracelet. Thank you.

Dawn are you using a rock tumbler and a polishing medium for your beautiful creations. I love that blue one on your site......what type of rock is that if you dont mind me asking.

Anyway thats my update. I cant speak highly enough of this therapy. Like TargetT my lack of knowledge is also extensive (LOL) but am trying to learn.

What would be the most hottest rock reading to use..... Is there an upper exposure limit ?
    What a wonderful report, and exactly in line with my own experiences. Thanks for the info on UTIs. I use NightHawk's water stone all the time too. Here's some info for everyone that I have gleaned from speaking to and reading from other sources:

1. Radiation meters show very different readings depending on the type. Mine appears to be a 'tube type' and often stones from others read at about 1/10th of the strength they claim on my meter. I'm telling you this so you can take this into account as you read my info here

2. The NightHawk radioactive stone that they sell in the beginner kits is carnotite, which explains why it looks like a piece of concrete. Also, the carnotite they use for their 'beginner kit' water stone, pendant, and mud pack only reads about 200CPM on my Mazur meter. Yet their guidelines for stones that really heal medical problems begin at much MUCH higher levels. They use a different measurement of mRem/hour but I like to change their results to an easy to explain measurement (clicks per minute):

Level I stone to 6,000-15,000CPM
    Level II stone to 16,000-29,000
    Level III stone 30,000+ with no upper limit mentioned

This is in agreement with other books and articles about NATURAL uranium containing stones. They don't seem to be dangerous at these levels. There is an upper limit on what is healthy but I will need to re-read the radiation hormesis information to find it.

In order to really work on 'ouchy' places in the body I use a thorite crystal taped on with Nexcare first aid tape. This type of stretchy flesh colored tape stays put, but is also easy to remove. I purchase the thorite on EBay from a guy in Thailand. According to articles I've read, Thailand has natural thorite crystals in its soil and a high background radiation, yet people there are generally healthy. The crystals I use for this are about the size of a piece of gravel and generally show a reading on my Mazur meter of around 5,000CPM. Usually a few days to a week of wearing a thorite crystal permanently resolves the problem area.

I looked for a 'blue stone' on my website (I was curious too). I think you're referring to the clear bright green one with a 'bluish gray' background? (I actually have some blue uranium ore that is in a malachite matrix... but I don't have it on the website yet). Anyway the clear stone is actually uranium glass from a very old vaseline tray that my partner cut up and polished. It is lovely isn't it? We have sooooooooooooo much that is not on the site. It is overwhelming actually. I think I have around 150 or so necklaces and I make more weekly. I think I only show 4 on the site and I don't even have a price shown for any of them. In addition I have old vaseline glass objects waiting to be transformed into wearable art. And then there is the lovely uranium ore which I have in the garden and in my home. How do I work with the stones and the glass? I hand cut and polish every piece! But this week we are trying a tumbler for some of the glass. I'm not willing to tumble the stones... they are still precious to me and I just don't want to loose a large percentage of their size to the tumbling process.

OK.. off to work with my rocks now...
    Last edited by Dawn; 19th May 2013 at 02:30.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Eram (30th May 2013), ljwheat (22nd May 2013), TargeT (19th May 2013), witchy1 (20th May 2013)

9. Link to Post #105
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Hey guys I wanted to share this with the group. If you are currently doing Hormesis, I have noticed after wearing a necklace for months my chest hair around my necklace has grown alot. My light colored chest hair around the necklace have darkened which is wild. This could be of help to people losing there hair and or color. if you have several radiated mudpacks or you could make your own from a decent stones in strength you could try wearing those at night while you sleep. Just a thought and wanted to share with all.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Dawn (27th May 2013), Eram (30th May 2013), Kimberley (22nd May 2013), ljwheat (22nd May 2013), TargeT (22nd May 2013), witchy1 (22nd May 2013)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Sith73 - I really hope you are a bloke - LOL

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Dawn (27th May 2013), Eram (30th May 2013), Kimberley (22nd May 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), TargeT (22nd May 2013)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks

hey dawn i couldnt get the pic of your necklace to show, maybe im doing something wrong, anyways, i am presently getting low dose laser treatments from a machine that is suppose to promote healing, the head of the machine holds aproximately 12 metal rods that at wired up to the machine itself, there r various settings on the machine, and my doctor says he can remove each rod and use it by itself like an acupuncture needle , but he isnt really versed in acupuncture, but he believes in this machine, none the less, he is giving me these treatments free of charge and it seels to be helping, i have 2 ruptured discs in my lower back and degeneration of the lower 4 discs, this causes me a great deal of pain everyday 24/7 i do manage the pain with medication which is that only solution i have found since the accident happened back in 1999, i will give updates if anyone is interested in this machine, basically i have a 20 minute session with this machine's head pointing toward the area that is generating the pain, it emits a red light from these rods that are connected to the machine itself, the treatment doesnt hurt and i usually fall asleep during the treatment,lol, anyways have a good day folks, peace,dennis

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Dawn (27th May 2013), Eram (30th May 2013), Kimberley (22nd May 2013), TargeT (22nd May 2013)

15. Link to Post #108
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Lol yes I'm a guy

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Dawn (27th May 2013), Eram (30th May 2013), Kimberley (30th May 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), TargeT (22nd May 2013)

17. Link to Post #109
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Dawn

Thanks for your observations.
    I should point out that further information on dose was based on conversations with the Nighthawk Minerals folk.

They are settling on 4 uSv/hour stone pendant after using them for 20 years in their experiments on the reserve. Everyone has benefited it would seem.

There are two schools of thought .....
    100 uSv/year from a small localised source. Folk medicine standard.
    100 uSv/year full body exposure. Medical researchers standard.

In reading of Dr Sakamoto's work using xrays in hormetic doses to remove cancer ... This is mainstream Japanese research ... They use a larger dose yet!

I tried a low dose first on myself ... 3 beads, or about 2 uSv/hour.

Normally I get 5 colds per year (poor immunity).
    The first winter of wearing them I got no colds! First winter like that in my life and I am 64. I gave out several dozen 5 bead sets to friends and relatives. All reported effects ranging from reduction of colds/flu to relief from allergies.

I have tried higher level rocks and crystals .... Yes thorite crystals are great sources! Cleopatra Gems Thailand.
    But I did not experience any further improvement.

So thus the 5 beads. I feel totally safe selling this to anyone. I think many of the university based radiation hormesis therapies use radiation that may be excessive. This is typical of a new therapy.

One final comment. The work by Sakamoto pointed out that only the spleen needs to be irradiated.

As a result I wear a 1920s long small u-glass bead necklace that I restrung so it would let me put my head and left arm through. It is cut to dangle just at the bottom of the left ribcage. Over the spleen.

This is my current practice. In addition I wear a 10 uSv/hour stone pendant on the outside of my shirt as a decoration. I am just getting over a bad cold. It does not stop them. But recovery is remarkably quick, often taking less than a day. In this case it will have taken a week. At least I now average less than 1 cold/year.

Any comments about other experiments in our group? This is cool stuff to play with. Any radon water users reporting?-

Ian Soutar
    Microsec R&D Inc

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), Eram (30th May 2013), Kimberley (30th May 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), Sith73 (30th May 2013), TargeT (30th May 2013), witchy1 (30th May 2013)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thanks

Yes Ian, I tried a stronger rock in my water a couple of days ago (just a clear glass teapot that holds 1.5L of tap water) with the NHMinerals stone...... I could definately notice a ramp up in healing.... I dont even know if I have anything wrong, but it sure felt good.
    The rock comes in at 1 - 5 uSv/hr and it lay there for 8 hours and I had 2 lots (3L) in 24 hours. Its amazing how the strength changes depending on the side of the stone being measured!
    I got the rock from united nuclear and although I had soaked it, the water still had a dirt / earth gritty taste....not to worry tho - Im a true convert now.

I like the spleen thing - makes perfect sense.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), Eram (30th May 2013), TargeT (30th May 2013)

21. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

Quote Posted by isoutar (here)
    This is my current practice. In addition I wear a 10 uSv/hour stone pendant on the outside of my shirt as a decoration. I am just getting over a bad cold. It does not stop them. But recovery is remarkably quick, often taking less than a day. In this case it will have taken a week. At least I now average less than 1 cold/year.

Any comments about other experiments in our group? This is cool stuff to play with. Any radon water users reporting?-

Ian Soutar
    Microsec R&D Inc
    How are you getting the 10 uSv/hour measurement?

uSv (Sievert = 1G(a "gray" a unit of absorbed dose, which is semi complex itself) +Wr(Alpha, Beta, Gama.. Alpha does 20x more damage than the other two)+H(part of body getting radiated)
    ) is a very very complex measurement, the number changes based on where you are being exposed ( I think it's purposefully confusing IMO) how do you know it's 10 uSv ? and where was the exposure location for that measurement?

I think a better way to look at these things is how Dawn does it, in CPM (clicks per min) BUT you also need to know what the radioactive material is, some emit different particles, Alpha Beta and Gama particles all act differently and have different effects. Measuring with sievert is sort of a combination of area of exposure, strength of exposure and material used (Like I said, very complex see This post for more explanation)

So, there you go.. just my $.02

This chart gives you an idea of how stupid small 10 uSv/hour is:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rt_by_Xkcd.png
    Last edited by TargeT; 30th May 2013 at 13:46.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), witchy1 (30th May 2013)

23. Link to Post #112
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

It should be noted that all radiation sensors in Canada and outside the USA read in uSv/hour.

CPM on the other hand is not a standard because each sensor's calibration is different.

For example my Geiger sensor reads 10 times the CPM as compared to my solid state sensor. A friends Geiger with a pancake sensor reads 800% higher in CPM but both give the same reading in uSv/hour.

Calibration constants exist for every sensor because their sensitivity varies and CPM is not a measure of radiation.

Does that help? I design radiation sensors for satellite use I in measuring cosmic radiation.

Ian Soutar
    Microsec R&D Inc.
    Last edited by isoutar; 30th May 2013 at 16:30. Reason: spelling

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), TargeT (30th May 2013)

25. Link to Post #113
    Thanks

It should be noted that all radiation sensors in Canada and outside the USA read in uSv/hour.

CPM on the other hand is not a standard because each sensor's calibration is different.

For example my Geiger sensor reads 10 times the CPM as compared to my solid state sensor. A friends Geiger with a pancake sensor reads 800% higher in CPM but both give the same reading in uSv/hour.

Calibration constants exist for every sensor because their sensitivity varies and CPM is not a measure of radiation.

Does that help? I design radiation sensors for satellite use I in measuring cosmic radiation.

Ian Soutar
    Microsec R&D Inc.

I agree, any CPM measurement should include the devise used to measure it ( G-M tube sensor, pancake, etc..) it's such a wide & misunderstood thing; when you understand the numbers and factors that go into getting the “standard readings” they almost seem pointless / incomprehensible.

I still don't understand how a sensor can be taken seriously when it reads in any measurement of sievert, since this measurement is dependant on things like which part of the body is being radiated..

it almost seems like it's purposefully complex and confusing to remain a mystery; I'm surprised I was able to stay focused long enough to learn what I did about it.
    Where are you?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), witchy1 (30th May 2013)

27. Link to Post #114
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I agree, uSv/hour has become the world standard for no good reason. However for hormesis experiments the dose can be off by hundreds of percent without being an issue.

The key to understanding why is Jerry Cuttler diagram on http://radiation-hormesis.com showing hormetic radiation levels. A 10 times increase only has a slight change. In this field extreme accuracy is not needed.

Ian
    Last edited by isoutar; 30th May 2013 at 17:43. Reason: addition

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), TargeT (30th May 2013)

29. Link to Post #115
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Uranium glass strength

2% is the most common strength for glass beads, and this strength flows the best under UV lights. However prior to 1910 it can be up to 10%.

I have never seen modern beads deviate from the 2% because the glowing under UV light has been the most important feature.

Ian

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), TargeT (31st May 2013)

31. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

I believe that Madame Curie died of leukemia (aplastic pernicious anemia) just as her daughter Eve did. Does anyone know if there are any studies prove this in relation to radioactive materials. All studies seem to concentrate on cancer. Having said that I am aware that her Doctor may have mis diagnosed her.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), penn (31st May 2013), TargeT (31st May 2013)

33. Link to Post #117
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am hoping people will comment on the use of small doses of radiation such as 4 uSv/hour. Lots of positive results seen among users reporting back to the http://Radiant-beads.com site.

It is worthwhile to collect as much knowledge as possible about really low level hormesis benefits. With the paranoia surrounding radiation it is the approach most likely to be accepted at first. That is why our site is staying with uranium glass and low level sources.

For personal experimentation I go much higher in radiation strength.

Ian Soutar
    Microsec R&D Inc.
    Last edited by isoutar; 31st May 2013 at 17:50. Reason: spelling

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), TargeT (31st May 2013), witchy1 (31st May 2013)

35. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    I believe that Madame Curie died of leukemia (aplastic pernicious anemia) just as her daughter Eve did. Does anyone know if there are any studies prove this in relation to radioactive materials. All studies seem to concentrate on cancer. Having said that I am aware that her Doctor may have mis diagnosed her.
    she died at the age of 67 (in 1934) of aplastic anemia, which occurs most commonly in the teens and twenties, and also among the elderly. It can be caused by exposure to chemicals, drugs, radiation, infection, immune disease, and heredity; in about half the cases, the cause is unknown

I would definately say radiation has a very slight chance of being the cause, but probably was not; much more likely that it was a heredity disease (as you pointed out, her daughter died of it also).

I am hoping people will comment on the use of small doses of radiation such as 4 uSv/hour. Lots of positive results seen among users reporting back to the http://Radiant-beads.com site.

It is worthwhile to collect as much knowledge as possible about really low level hormesis benefits. With the paranoia surrounding radiation it is the approach most likely to be accepted at first. That is why our site is staying with uranium glass and low level sources.

For personal experimentation I go much higher in radiation strength.

Ian Soutar
    Microsec R&D Inc.
    My pendant from Dawn's web site would be hard to calculate the uSv, but I think it would be much higher than 4 uSv/hour (especially since i wear it at my neck, and the torso's exposure raises the value a lot, since uSv numbers are based on exposure area) but I really don't think any number I gave you would be a fair comparison number. Dawn had a CPM reading of it but I don't know what type of sensor her detector uses.
    Last edited by TargeT; 31st May 2013 at 18:46.
    Where are you?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), witchy1 (31st May 2013)

37. Link to Post #119
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The death of Madame Currie is off topic, she was exposed to extremely high levels of radiation. It may have been the cause of her death or it might not.

However the discussion is about low level radiation, not poisonous levels!

Ian Soutar
    Microsec R&D Inc.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), ljwheat (24th June 2013), TargeT (6th June 2013)

39. Link to Post #120
    Thanks

My point was questioning upper limits. What is the highest amount of "low dose" and what actually are poisonous levels?

Ian, people are still scared of this concept and IMHO providing some parameters (if they exist) might give confidence to others in learing more about it if we can give them that information. Madame Curie is often brought up on forums as the primary reason to support the no dose theory. So was hoping for a bit more clarity for people. Its not just us on this thread - others are looking. I was hoping to build confidence not scare anyone.

It was not my purpose to go off topic and perhaps I should have explained it a bit more - apologies
    Karen

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Dawn (15th June 2013), TargeT (6th June 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 6 16 LastLast