Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 9 16 LastLast

Thread: Hormesis - Healing Yourself with Low Dose Radiation

1. Link to Post #161
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Hormesis - Healing Yourself with Low Dose Radiation

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    I spent this weekend polishing some georgeous cuprosklodite for pendants. It is some of the prettiest uranium rich copper stone I've ever seen... brilliant grass greens with veins of translucent emerald punctuated with reddish earth brown colors.
    My wife and mom need pendants.... let me know when your done... the one I wear from you gets a lot of comments & gives me a lot of time to explain Hormesis to people.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dawn (17th August 2013), witchy1 (17th August 2013)

3. Link to Post #162
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

I remember looking into this. As I understand coal contains trace amounts in natural uranium and thorium that become concentrated once burned. As we know coal powered (fossil fueled) plants are common ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil-fuel_power_station ) and are used to create electricity.

Fly ash is the waste product from burning coal and I have read can contain concentrations of up to 10 times their original levels. It escapes into the environment into the soil and waterways and of course gets into lungs. It is also used in Portland cement. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_ash

Mercury emmitted from coal powered plants is of concern http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/nov2...11-21-092.html They are pretty quiet about this.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Dawn (17th August 2013), Shannow (17th August 2013)

5. Link to Post #163
    Australia Avalon Member Shannow's Avatar
    Thanks

witchy,
    pretty close...the coal burned in NSW is around 20-25% non combustible. The most that things can be concentrated is 4-5 times from the original coal. The ash is mostly silica and alumina, with some calcium, magnesium, iron etc. in it, as well as the trace elements mentioned in the thread.

It's used in cement, as it "extends" the expensive cement, while making it flow better and be more chemical resistance. Getting it into concrete, rather than burying it is the way to go. Roman Concrete was volcanic ash and lime, and is way more durable than what the industry generally sells these days.

Edited to show that using ash isn't new. Semi detached houses in next pic were made over half a century ago of lime and coal ash. Not as fine as fly-ash.

My back steps, made from ash, cement, and blast furnace slag some time a long time ago.

Last edited by Shannow; 17th August 2013 at 05:42.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Dawn (17th August 2013), DNA (4th May 2016), witchy1 (17th August 2013)

7. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

What is the geiger counter reading for your concrete????

8. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

"I thought I'd try to set a special web page with a few of these creations just for a handful of Avalon members at my cost so we can do a guinea pig test. The design will be very simple... just magnaprase with imbedded thorite and a hole for a simple pendant ring connection"

Hi Dawn, do you have the web page for your new creations yet. I'll happily be a guinea pig (and pay for postage and whatever else) How cleaver are you - What a great idea
    K

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Dawn (21st August 2013), isoutar (24th August 2013), Sith73 (24th August 2013)

10. Link to Post #166
    Thanks

Probably nothing, but no means at my disposal to test it (as yet)...really just to show that ash can be used anywhere.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Dawn (21st August 2013), ljwheat (24th August 2013), Sith73 (24th August 2013), witchy1 (17th August 2013)

12. Link to Post #167
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Radioactive Pad

I can give a most positive report on the radioactive pad offered by NightHawkminerals.com ... My wife and I have had one for 2 years. She was working as a security guard and from walking tended to have pains in her ankle. Everytime she came home and put the pad over her ankles for 20 minutes the pain vanished.

Right now I have a bad back injury and if I sit on the couch with the pad pressed to my back over the painful part almost all the pain disappears in 20 minutes.

I was trying to upload attachments showing uranium pads from 1920 and 2013. They can be seen on http://radiation-hormesis.com

i was finally able to add them. Please see the pictures below.

Ian
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by isoutar; 17th August 2013 at 21:16. Reason: Add attachments

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (21st August 2013), ljwheat (24th August 2013), Sith73 (18th August 2013), witchy1 (18th August 2013)

14. Link to Post #168
    Thanks

all of our drinking water here in the Virgin Islands (well most anyway) comes from Cisterns, in the house I'm getting there are two cisterns, probably 30,000 gallons each. I was thinking that these are perfect places to toss in some "hot rocks" but on a container that size I'm not sure of the best way to do it.

anyone know where I could look up something like that?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dawn (21st August 2013)

16. Link to Post #169
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

Quote TargeT: all of our drinking water here in the Virgin Islands (well most anyway) comes from Cisterns, in the house I'm getting there are two cisterns, probably 30,000 gallons each. I was thinking that these are perfect places to toss in some "hot rocks" but on a container that size I'm not sure of the best way to do it. ...anyone know where I could look up something like that?
    If it were me I'd purchase a revigator with the lining still in tact and a magnetic water pump where the pump does not sit in the water, but sits outside the tank. These little water pumps take very little electricity and can even be powered by a little solar panel. I'm sure there must be some sort of opening to the cistern where you could make 2 exact sized holes. You could circulate the water from the cistern through the revigator and allow it to drain back in the tank from the spigot hole at the bottom of the revigator crock. I know that trace amounts of arsenic and a few other chemicals were supposedly found in drinking water which sat in these crocks but I'll bet it wasn't much. Without a water test I can't be sure though. This would add a low level of radon to the cistern. For the amount of carnotite you get in the lining of a Revigator there isn't a common way to buy it online any cheaper as natural rocks ... unless you visit the mines.

You might also call NightHawk and ask if you can get some un-shaped small boulders sent to you... if you put those in a crock you'd have almost the same thing....

However, if you use a revigator for this you would have another advantage. It would be really easy to set up a vortex inside the crock because the carnotite lining is all around the outside of the crock, leaving smooth sides for the vortex to spin past.

By the way, here's an update on my project to create something which allows radiation to pass through magnaprase, a natural stone holding magnesium and copper in a quartz matrix. I've spent about 3-4 hours on the project so far. The magnaprase is extremely hard, though very pretty! Very time consuming to work with!!!! I've purchased some coarser shaping discs in the hope of speeding up the process. I'd still like to offer the first handful for cost of materials only to those who've asked, and I can't do it for more than a handful of people with the time I have to put into working the hard stone. But its going to take a bit longer than I though it would (an understatement for sure) Just leave a note in my personal email here on Avalon or on UraniumJewelry.com ... I really don't want to turn this thread into a sales advertisement... and it is also against Avalon guidelines. I'll let you know when they are ready... first come first served until they are gone. My intention is not to make a profit ... but to allow us all to try something new in our lives. They will be extremely inexpensive
    Last edited by Dawn; 21st August 2013 at 05:30.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

DNA (4th May 2016), isoutar (24th August 2013), Sith73 (24th August 2013), TargeT (21st August 2013)

18. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

Quote TargeT: all of our drinking water here in the Virgin Islands (well most anyway) comes from Cisterns, in the house I'm getting there are two cisterns, probably 30,000 gallons each. I was thinking that these are perfect places to toss in some "hot rocks" but on a container that size I'm not sure of the best way to do it. ...anyone know where I could look up something like that?
    If it were me I'd purchase a revigator with the lining still in tact and a magnetic water pump where the pump does not sit in the water, but sits outside the tank. These little water pumps take very little electricity and can even be powered by a little solar panel. I'm sure there must be some sort of opening to the cistern where you could make 2 exact sized holes. You could circulate the water from the cistern through the revigator and allow it to drain back in the tank from the spigot hole at the bottom of the revigator crock. I know that trace amounts of arsenic and a few other chemicals were supposedly found in drinking water which sat in these crocks but I'll bet it wasn't much. Without a water test I can't be sure though. This would add a low level of radon to the cistern. For the amount of carnotite you get in the lining of a Revigator there isn't a common way to buy it online any cheaper as natural rocks ... unless you visit the mines.
    Well, since this is a Hormesis thread......... Arsenic is good for you at certain levels (just like everything else in reality.. even radiation... haha) Toxicity can occur if doses larger than 250 mcg are taken a day the average intake is 12-50 mcg.. I'm sure even upwards of 175 mcg daily is perfectly fine. I bet you'll find that the amount of arsenic found was very very low, lower than 1mcg per gallon I'd wager.

Arsnic is used in homeopathics for a lot of reasons

You might also call NightHawk and ask if you can get some un-shaped small boulders sent to you... if you put those in a crock you'd have almost the same thing....

However, if you use a revigator for this you would have another advantage. It would be really easy to set up a vortex inside the crock because the carnotite lining is all around the outside of the crock, leaving smooth sides for the vortex to spin past.

I'll call NightHawk and see what they suggest, I was hopping to just toss some ore in the tanks, or something similar.. cycling 60,000 gallons through a small revigator wouldn't work too well I think
    Last edited by TargeT; 21st August 2013 at 15:56.
    Where are you?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

isoutar (24th August 2013), Sith73 (24th August 2013), witchy1 (26th August 2013)

20. Link to Post #171
    Thanks

I've kept you in mind the past couple of days. One person I've developed a good business relationship with that would be a resource for you is Kenneth Farmer who owns the site, radioactivethings.com. He has found some beautiful stones for me and several months ago I was able to purchase a lot of bulk uranium stones from him which included quite a bit of carnotite. He may know how to get you a bulk lot for your cisterns. Today he notified me that he has some new things on his site and I thought of you as I looked at the radioactive sands and gravels on the following link. I wonder if you could make a container with window screen and put some of these gravels inside to charge your water??? Here's the link to this page in Ken's site: http://radioactivethings.com/radioac...cipitates.html

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

isoutar (24th August 2013), Ol' Roy (23rd August 2013), Sith73 (24th August 2013), TargeT (23rd August 2013)

22. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

Slightly off topic, but here's an experiment that I'm sure you all will want to try...making a cloud chamber.

For those without stones, you can buy "thoriated tungsten" welding tips at a welding supply (maybe hardware shop), which are 2% thorium.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Sith73 (24th August 2013), TargeT (24th August 2013)

24. Link to Post #173
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,570 times in 870 posts

Jay at Knighthalk i remember him talking in one of his interviews that he helped farmers with cattle and there drinking water in troffs a bunch of big hot rock and cattle were theriving from that point on. amazing stuff and this world is hidden from the rest of the world, what a shame.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Dawn (25th August 2013), isoutar (24th August 2013), Sith73 (24th August 2013), TargeT (24th August 2013)

26. Link to Post #174
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Dawn
    Do you want to collaborate on our educational sites?

Ian
    Last edited by isoutar; 7th September 2013 at 17:01. Reason: Wording wrong

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (25th August 2013), Sith73 (26th August 2013)

28. Link to Post #175
    Thanks

I love reading the testimonials on the www.nighthawkminerals.com site. Here's an interesting one they posted in July: http://nighthawkminerals.com/testimo..._medium=email:

Quote [This is] what the rocks have done for me:

1. From just WEARING a rock, it raised a horrible stench that hung in my room for two weeks. After when I saw my daughter and told her about that experience she told me I'd always carried a bad odor that now that I mentioned it, she hadn't noticed this time when she was around me.

2. When I was at Terra Bella I and others who purchased machines from me did Healthscans on around 60 people. Of all the people, I had the best score of 94.9. Two people scored 92. I think the rocks have something to do with this as I am not generally known to have the greatest health in the world.
    My husband loves this!

4. I really don't know WHAT to attribute this to, but I am more flexible than I can remember ever being in my adult life. Rocks?

5. My teeth have been incredibly compromised. Big chunks of "tooth" have literally fallen out three times in the last couple of years. I had too many cavities to even count. About three years ago I had $3K of dental work done for free and needed that much again. I could never finance all of this! I believe the rocks are a part of the reason why my mineralization has improved and many of these spots are slowly healing.

6. A gum abcess was behind one of these tooth chunks falling out. I didn't know it was there until after the tooth shattered. One night I put two of the larger flat rocks on either side of my face in an attempt to create an electrical circuit around my mouth. I knew I should really TIE them onto my face but was too lazy. I thought I would just keep them on until I went to sleep. I woke up in the night while turning. I was shocked to realize that the side of my face that had the abscess was holding onto the rock even though gravity should have pulled it off! I had sweat on the rock and I'm sure that helped but it seemed like a slight electrical current was also maintaining the connection to my skin. The next day that abcess started draining. It drained for about five days then rested two. Week two it did the same thing. Week three, repeat of the same pattern. Each time there was less intensity in volume of discharge and pain. After the third time, it was done. At first chewing on that bad tooth was very miserable as I had like a shelf across part of the top with the heart of the tooth gone. Since then, each week I am more and more comfortable because the tooth is re-gaining its structure back! I still get food stuck in there but I can tell from week to week that the hole is getting smaller.

I think that is all quite incredible for one person to experience over wearing a silly rock and having rocks in their drinking water!

Blessings.

C.

Our Percheron Cross Top of page

August 2012
    Jamie,

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Kimberley (3rd September 2013), ljwheat (8th September 2013), Sith73 (4th September 2013), TargeT (3rd September 2013)

30. Link to Post #176
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Yep got the same news letter today. Good stuff. Thanks Dawn

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Dawn (9th September 2013), ljwheat (8th September 2013), TargeT (7th September 2013)

32. Link to Post #177
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Notes on strength of hormesis tools and corresponding effects.

Here is what a group of us in Victoria have discovered ...

Pendant or necklace 2-4 uSv/hr boosts immunity to colds.

Mudpack for under sheet in bed 15 uSv/hr gives pain relief in 10-15 minutes.

The water stone from nighthawk minerals does not add measurable radon to the water like the Revigator does. Seems to help with arthritis. The stone itself measures 4 to 10 uSv/hr

Fiesta ware saucer 117 uSv/hr gives pain relief in 5 minutes if held on sore shoulder.

Fiestaware is a powerful cheap source varying from 50 to 100. Authentic fiestaware is 100. I bought 3 for 1 dollar a saucer. To collectors a lone saucer is worthless but great for hormetic healing.

I would appreciate hearing other experiences?
    Last edited by isoutar; 7th September 2013 at 16:59.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to isoutar For This Post:

Dawn (9th September 2013), DNA (4th May 2016), Shannow (8th September 2013), TargeT (7th September 2013), witchy1 (9th September 2013)

34. Link to Post #178
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Consensus reports by the United States National Research Council and the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements and the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) argue that there is no evidence for hormesis in humans and in the case of the National Research Council, that hormesis is outright rejected as a possibility. Therefore, the Linear no-threshold model (LNT) continues to be the model generally used by regulatory agencies for human radiation exposure. (wikipedia.org/Radiation_hormesis)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above doses of 50–100 mSv (protracted exposure) or 10–50 mSv (acute exposure), direct epidemiological evidence from human populations demonstrates that exposure to ionizing radiation increases the risk of some cancers. [...] it is unlikely that we will be able to directly and precisely quantify cancer risks in human populations at doses much below 10 mSv. Our inability to quantify such risks does not, however, imply that the corresponding societal risks are necessarily negligible; a very small risk, if applied to a large number of individuals, can result in a significant public health problem. (Cancer risks attributable to low doses of ionizing radiation)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the section of this report on observed dose-response relationships at low doses, bystander effects and hyper radiation sensitivity for low-dose deleterious effects in mammalian cells have been observed for doses in the 10–100 mGy range. [...] End points for these deleterious effects include mutations, chromosomal aberrations, oncogenic transformation, genomic instability, and cell lethality. These deleterious effects have been observed for cells irradiated in vivo as well as in vitro.

[...] the committee has found no consistent evidence in the epidemiologic literature that low doses of ionizing radiation lower the risk of disease or death. [...] The committee concludes that the assumption that any stimulatory hormetic effects from low doses of ionizing radiation will have a significant health benefit to humans that exceeds potential detrimental effects from the radiation exposure is unwarranted at this time. (Health Risks from Exposure to Low Levels of Ionizing Radiation: BEIR VII Phase 2)

- IAEA Admits: There Is No Such Thing As ‘Safe’ Levels Of Radiation

- Dr. Steven Wing And Chief Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gundersen DiscussGlobal Radiation Exposure and Consequences: There Is No Safe Dose of Radiation

- UC Santa Cruz Nuclear Expert Daniel Hirsch: ‘Every Amount of Radiation Exposure Increases Your Risk of Cancer.’ ‘There Is No Safe Level of Radiation.’

- Dr. Helen Caldicott: How Nuclear Apologists Mislead The World Over Radiation

- Dr. Brian Moench: There Is No ‘Safe’ Exposure To Radiation

- Dr. Peter Karamoskos: Don’t Be Fooled By A Never-Ending Cabal Of Paid Industry Scientific ”Consultants’ – Radiation Is Bad And Causes Cancer

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Dawn (9th September 2013)

36. Link to Post #179
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

---
    Karl Grossman : "A lot of nuclear scientists … actually have the nerve to claim that radiation is good for you, and they have this theory called 'radiation hormesis' and they claim that radioactivity exercises the immune system and it's a healthy thing for people. Essentially what they are doing is promoting their technology with this incredible lie,"
    www.karlgrossman.com

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Dawn (9th September 2013)

38. Link to Post #180
    Thanks

Read earlier in the thread buares; there are details there that show that hormesis seems to be undeniable & some of us (myself included) have been exposing ourselves for quite some time now with only positive effects
    Where are you?

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dawn (9th September 2013), DNA (4th May 2016), ljwheat (8th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 9 16 LastLast